15 years helping Irish businesses

About Marvel

Marvel is a cloud-based app design solution that helps developers manage prototyping, user testing, and handoff for digital products.

Learn more about Marvel

Pros:

Drag and drop feature to create design easily. Special discount for students and non profit.

Cons:

It has limited prototyping tools. It is mostly a clickable prototype from one screen to the next - so not many animations or transition available.

Marvel ratings

4.6
4.6
4.1
4.3

8.5/10

Marvel has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 87 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Marvel before?

Ashley
Ashley
Support engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A modern way to storyboard new applications

Comments: A smooth simple experience creating application story boards and sharing these. The ability to see my drawings come to life is magical!

Pros:

I can take pictures of my hand sketches which I have created as ideas for my new applications. I can really easily make my drawings interactive and create a live application with drawings without the need for coding. This is perfect for demonstrating application ideas!

Cons:

I live everything about this application. The mobile app is simple to use and I’ve never seen it crash or bug out! Very impressed.

Diego
UX Designer in Brazil
Design, 2–10 Employees

Very easy to use

Comments: I always liked using Marvel for prototyping projects, I used the paid version but ended up canceling because I found more complete options in Adobe XD.

Pros:

What I liked most about using Marvel was because it was so easy to learn. I used a paid plan for 1 year and solved many project presentation problems and facilitated the understanding of the client's project.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it hasn't evolved much in the design tools compared to other solutions like Figma and Adobe XD. I would like it to have a desktop version and work offline.

Design, Self Employed

Marvelapp

Comments: Great concept but was a bit difficult to work with. If I find a better tool I would switch.

Pros:

Marvelapp allows users to take pictures of their paper wireframes and create a mobile prototype on their mobile device.

Cons:

It was difficult getting the sizing of frames to match in marvelapp. Also, you can categorize frames on the web version but the mobile version doesn't support categories. This means that you can't access those frames on the mobile version.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

I like it but not enough to recommend

Comments: Im ok, satisfied and will keep paying for Marvel app but as soon as I find an alternative with more features i will make the jump.

Pros:

It's an easy to use designer tool. I love how easy it is to start creating stuff and sharing with my teams the ideas for improvements and new features.

Cons:

What I dislike is that Iv been paying for 2 years now... and there's almost nothing new. Same designs, placeholders... and that bumps me a lot and I wonder every day if there's a new service that's better than Marvel.

Giulio
CEO in Italy
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Finally a tool for communication that works

Comments: We use Marvel to share our prototypes with the team

Pros:

It's very fast, it's integrated in our working tools (Sketch, Figma)

Cons:

Honestly nothing. It does what we need and it does it well.

Vinicius
Vinicius
UX UI Designer in Brazil
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's a good app but it needs to improve

Comments: It is a user-friendly app, but there are better solutions for prototyping today. They have been in the market for a long time, I hope Marvel is still improving their product to keep competition in this industry.

Pros:

It has several types of transitions that work smoothly, that's great, it really feels like you're browsing a real app. It is relatively easy to bring the Figma screens to Marvel. The problem is that you need to assemble all the prototypes in Marvel, so if you've already assembled the prototype on figma, you'll have double work.

Cons:

In the test, simulating an app on mobile would be great if it wasn't a detail: It doesn't exactly simulate like an app because it opens in the browser (and not in full screen) so headers and fixed navigation components don't stay where they should be. Also, in the prototype it displays the screen with a low resolution, it looks like it turns every screen into an image.

Santiago
Santiago
Propietario de empresa in Venezuela

Its the best prototyping app i know, easy to use, friendly and intuitive interface ever!

Comments: Any agency that works with digital product as web sites and mobile apps should definitly use this app!.

Pros:

* Easy setup of hot spot and link betwen they. * Drag and drop funcion is the best. * Many effect like "hover" or "stay on target" that will help you to create a really natural experience of web and app navigation look a like. * you can use or create many projects in only one account. * Now you can wireframing in the app whitout need of any other app. * Share link to send your clients by email its a great feature too!.

Cons:

* I DOESNT HAVE AND OFF LINE APP!!!! * It should have a funcion that you can take a foto of a drawing sketch and convert they in IMG of your wireframes. * Iit should be able to WRITE COMMENTS over the imgs of a project.

Leonardo
Leonardo
Software Quality Analyst Intern in Brazil
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic tool to design screens for web and mobile softwares

Comments: My experience is very positive. Although there are some things that could make it better, it helps me a lot in college and at work as the prototypes helps the stakeholders have a better idea of the software's behavior before it is actually implemented.

Pros:

It has many great tools for you to create designs and prototypes. The fact that other people can collaborate with it is one of its pros.

Cons:

The fact that when you make a copy of your design and the name of the screen is set automatically to "copy" and when I did not find out how to change it manually. Moreover, there are times when the sections are difficult to create and handle because there are still minor bugs occuring.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Student in South Africa
Design, 2–10 Employees

UI designers perspective.

Comments: I loved using it, it was better than Invision in the sense of ease of use. I prefer using Marvel when I need to do quick and simple prototypes that can be implemented into presentations quickly and accessed anywhere.

Pros:

I love how easy the software is to use, barely any introduction to the app is needed in order to use it and it offers an amazing array of choice for transitional elements when designing a prototype. I use the app mostly to create prototypes of User Interface designs I make for college projects. Another great feature is that prototypes embed flawlessly into Behance projects.

Cons:

I feel as if maybe there could be more choice for animation transitions, maybe a few specialized looks for apps that may use less simple transitions like games and curiosity apps. Otherwise the app is great!

Ashish
Ashish
UX Designer in India
Internet, 10,000+ Employees

Simple and easy to use tool for prototyping from static screens

Comments: Works well out of the box to create a ​prototype from static screens.

Pros:

It's easy to use and works well both on desktop and mobile. Connection and transition are quite easy to explore and apply, almost all kind of transitions are available from a simple tap to gesture-based​. Uploading​ from desktop or just synching from design tool works perfectly.

Cons:

Still no 3d touch and other complexes​ gestures, you need other tools like Axure if you need to build a dynamic prototype.

Junior Mobile Developer in Italy
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Good but there is better software

Comments: Good not great

Pros:

I really like Marvel becuase is fast and the UI is cool!

Cons:

Unfortunately software like Figma let me see live changes of my colleagues and has a better management of the handoff feature: here in Marvel it result hidden and from the prototype screen I cannot quick go there but go back and then click the little button. The resolution of the screens is too low ( max 100 percent ? ).

Sara
Ux designer in US
Design, 51–200 Employees

Great prototyping tool

Pros:

Easy to use prototyping tool. I like the plugins for sketch and photoshop.

Cons:

Not sure if it is a bug but I have notice lately that every image is organized alphabetical and that’s a pain. I would like to be able to organize each image without having to worry about the name I use to save it.

, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for prototyping, but need more feature to stay at the top

Pros:

Marvel is an awesome tool we are using for years now. It is simple and do what we want him to do. We are using it mostly to prove feature concept inside the company. Sometimes we share it to clients so they can have a preview of what we will lunch in the future, to have feedbacks.

Cons:

The tool might need some new features. It's a goldmine that is not completely used, adding more transitions, more flexibility and this tool will beat all the competition.

Pavel
Product Designer in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great for Prototypes!

Comments: No headbangs so far.

Pros:

I'm using this tool to present my Prototypes to my team. I like it, since it's easy to use, nothing complicated and you have a permanent link. I like that you just upload bunch of screens and you connect them in a very fast and easy way one another and you have a ready to use prototype ! I use other design tool, but this is definitely my prototype one.

Cons:

Would be great if there were more interactive features, but its still worth it. .. and maybe to have one more project in the free account ;p

Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Great basic and simple mockup tool with hotspots

Pros:

We started agile and lean recently and I was looking for a tool to quickly create mockups. We looked into Invision and Marvel and decided to test out Marvel. Marvel was very easy to use - a junior UI designer with very little design experience was able to start quickly. Marvel also works with Lookback.io which was important for us to get feedback from users on our mockups.

Cons:

Marvel is not as advanced as Sketch or Figma but for its purposes, that may fit the bill.

Design, 11–50 Employees

One of the simplest prototyping tools

Comments: If you are constantly working on prototypes and testing them, you should really use marvel is simple and doesn't complicate things just for the sake of it.

Pros:

This has to be one of the easiest to use tools for prototyping, the interface is clean and everything seems pretty obvious. Plus the ability to share projects makes it a great tool for collaboration and feedback.

Cons:

You have to be constantly online to use it, there is no way to use it without an internet connection.

Joe
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A brilliantly simple tool for non-designers

Pros:

A simple, no-fuss interface that's suitable for non-designers. This feels akin to a digital asset management library, and is very sleek for the average user.

Cons:

Sometimes the pro I mentioned above can be it's downfall, where it doesn't explicitly feel like how a wireframing tool should feel like.

Sarwat Mahdi
Sarwat Mahdi
Media Buyer in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A quality software for prototyping

Comments: Even for an amateur, the UI is quite user-friendly and feels natural. It's a remarkably useful tool for presentations' visual help.

Pros:

It serves its purpose perfectly. Marvel makes prototyping really simple. It is entirely possible to organize several projects, even versions.

Cons:

Depending on the complexity of your project, it can take a long to set up the prototype and wait for everything to load, especially if you're using the free edition.

Betzabe
Betzabe
Co Founder in Venezuela
Computer Software, Self Employed

Quite intuitive

Comments: I use it for several prototypes

Pros:

-It's amazing how easy is to make a quick prototype and it looks very worked up. -It's extremely intuitive -You can save time using Marvel -It has a very attractive interface

Cons:

-In some cases could be more organized -It's not for prototypes very complex

A great mockup tool!

Pros:

Marvel allows you to easily create app mockups to share with teammates and customers. An easy WYSIWYG editor and intuitive controls make Marvel a great tool for mockups.

Cons:

It need some more transitions and animations, to make mockups and designs even better and more realistic.

Edward
Edward
Programador in Venezuela

Excellent tool to convert sketches into prototypes, quickly and easily.

Pros:

Easy access to the application. Converting sketches to prototypes quickly, computer and phone designs are excellent.

Cons:

One of its cons is the language, another one is that not all the people we can see the animations of the application, like the icons, they are not seen in all the devices.

Diego
Staff Writer in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Easy and user friendly, but not perfect

Pros:

The UI is extremely user friendly and feels intuitive even for a newcomer. It's an incredibly handy tool for visual aid on presentations. I see it as a good addition for designers and marketing folks. It offers just enough to make it a decent platform to try out.

Cons:

It's not very robust in terms of features and feels a bit limited/basic. It doesn't really stand out. Price to unlock the full mode is a bit steep for what it is. It's decent enough to try, but at the moment it's not worth the investment.

Annie
Annie
Product Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Great way to create protoypes and UI

Pros:

Very intuitive, and simple way to expedite the UI design process. It's very easy to learn and has a very attractive interface. It is mainly useful to communicate between design team, product team, and developers.

Cons:

There can be a lot more features that can be added to further improve this product and allow more complex prototypes. Therei s a lot of potential ways to make this more useful (animation transitions, complex gestures) and also would be helpful to allow feedback/commenting.

Mariella
n/a in Qatar
Farming, Self Employed

Marvel is Beginner Friendly

Comments: It was fun and I never felt so creative and techy at the same time! I feel as if I'm a programming student even if I only used the app for one of my courses regarding product ideation and creation

Pros:

It was easy to navigate and design an app even if it was your first time doing so, I felt like an expert already even if the software itself did most of the job! As a student, it was beginner friendly and was not confusing at all unlike the other app design softwares

Cons:

None so far, again, the other complications I've encountered were from other app and it's nice to know that there's a software for those who know nothing about app design

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Marvel Experience

Comments: The overall experience was awesome . I tried to check mockup creation.

Pros:

1. Easy to signup and start using 2. Templates available to make things fast 3. Drag and drop feature to create design easily 4. Special discount for students and non profit 5. Example available to see and learn 6.Free Resources to learn

Cons:

1. Free plan has only one project 2. No trial for pro plan 3. Team plan is little pricy