Google Cloud Platform Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5

About Google Cloud Platform

Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications.

Learn more about Google Cloud Platform

Showing 1,032 reviews

Darien C.
Associate Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/2/2021

"GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites"

Comments: Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros: GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons: Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

• Reviewed on 18/2/2021
Director of IT
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2020

"Google Cloud is a game changer in the Cloud Hosting Game"

Comments: It has been an excellent experience migrating premised based equipment from our data centers in the Google Cloud. The process went extremely well with minimal disruption of our business.

Pros: Google Cloud's ability to not only use the GUI interface but also the CLI interface makes it extremely valuable.

Cons: The user interface is confusing for users coming from AWS or Microsoft Azure. There is a learning curve for people who are not familiar with CLI

• Reviewed on 29/9/2020
Engineering Manager
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2020

"Market leader for developers"

Comments: Happy user of Google, and more explicitly their Firebase line of products.

Pros: The competition (AWS) is a lot of moving parts to handle, where-as GCP positioned itself as a low learning curve and easy to get started with for developers with the offering from Firebase related products. Angular developers will find themselves at home with related tooling.

Cons: Lack of community in terms of blogs and tutorials as much as the competition, but the Google GCP docs make up for it. The Node.js version support has had some bugs but there's an active developer community on their GitHub repository for it that can help out and advise with workarounds.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2020
Associate Solution Advisor
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/1/2021

"Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google"

Comments: GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros: 1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world.
2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend.
3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons: 1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform.
2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

• Reviewed on 17/1/2021
Georg c. L.
Vice President
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/1/2019

"Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines"

Comments: Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Pros: We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Cons: The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.

• Reviewed on 28/1/2019
Andrés e. B.
Analista sénior
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Agility with intelligence"

Comments: In general it has been a pleasant experience, I believe changes in the processes of the companies point towards their Digital Transformation and that is something vital for the industries of all the sectors. We are talking about a new era.

Pros: I will start by saying that I am not an engineer, I am a Social Communicator and I have been working in digital environments for corporate areas for at least 6 years. That said, it is not difficult to imagine that part of my work is related to developing email marketing campaigns. Task that I perform with a team with profiles of different areas of the company. However, having to send thousands or maybe millions of emails can be a challenge for any company, but having the operational capacity to support operations of this type can be even more so. This is when, based on our experience, I can speak in plain terms about Google Cloud Platform. A tool that undoubtedly was the best choice for the company, since the idea of ​​having dedicated servers is part of the past. Nowadays the best option is to bring services on demand to public or hybrid clouds, and we just did that. Result? We can use the number of servers we need, agility in the process of creating campaigns, continuity. Guarantee that campaigns will be executed and high levels of security.

Cons: The disadvantages, in my case, could be associated with a topic of use. In technical terms, and again I'm not an engineer, I think it's a phenomenal tool. I do not remember a single opportunity in which we lost a campaign for a technical detail.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Dale L.
Entrepreneur
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2020

"Google Cloud Makes Backups Easy"

Comments: I use Google Cloud to backup all of my devices. It has an interface that is easy to use, backups are made simple with automatic checks daily, and I feel my files are safe. We deal with a lot of paper work and this platform not only ensures and organizes my documents, it also is housed on the web, so that I may free up device memory. It makes my job easier and more streamlined.

Pros: I use Google Cloud to backup all of my devices. It has an interface that is easy to use, backups are made simple with automatic checks daily, and I feel my files are safe. We deal with a lot of paper work and this platform not only ensures and organizes my documents, it also is housed on the web, so that I may free up device memory.

Cons: I've only used Android products and I was excited to learn about the Google Cloud platform. So far, I have no negatives to report and it has served it's purpose beautifully.

• Reviewed on 3/6/2020
Leonardo T.
It tech
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/10/2019

"Excellent storing and sharing mode"

Pros: The google cloud is one of the best, most cost-effective options on the market with excellent storage space. For the past two years I've been using it daily for storing and sharing work files and documentation from our network and it suits us perfectly. For this purpose, we can at the same time interact in the same file, which makes our daily work much easier.

Cons: What I don't like about the fact is that when it comes to cloud service when we don't have internet available we are a bit limited to using the files in real time just using the files that were downloaded to the device for a later update as soon as you have it. some internet access.

• Reviewed on 7/10/2019
Ruan henrique A.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2018

"Best Cloud Platform Ever"

Comments: I have tried many cloud platforms in different scenarios and environments (development, testing and production) and for sure Google cloud is one of the best cloud options we have nowadays . You can use it for small projects and bigger projects because it is really simple to scale and get your needs satisfied as your business grows.
It doesn't matter if you want a platform for your business, a customer or yourself . Whatever your needs are, google cloud can adapt to it.

Pros: The instance templates to launch a new instance . There is a lot of options based on operational system, Database and software products like CMS and many others.

Cons: The main dashboard has too many actions and options and that could be a little confusing to less experienced users

• Reviewed on 29/12/2018
Thomas F.
  • Reviewed on 6/7/2018

"Google Cloud Platform just works!"

Comments: Makes it easier to work on documents from one device to another, collaborating with people on different projects and made it very easy to save data across devices and platforms.

Pros: From Google Drive to Google Keep it all works seamlessly with the help of the Google Cloud. You can start documents, notes and even slide shows from any device and then pick up on another. It's all saved and updated in real time which is incredible. Words can't describe fully how amazing this platform is. It is best to just go out and experience it first hand.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like so far with this. Google just has this down to a science and keeps making it better and better over time.

• Reviewed on 6/7/2018
Enio G.
Programador Senior
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2018

"It is perfect to access your information anywhere and with any device!"

Comments: Highly recommended...

Pros: The main advantage is that we stop depending on our physical job position. By having the data on the server, any computer, smartphone or cyber café becomes our office. We save on equipment, because we will no longer have to worry about our equipment and when to change them. The supplier company will take care of this. It saves time and effort.

Cons: An exceptional event may occur in which the service may be out of service and we may not have access. There is more dependence on internet and speed providers. There is a possibility that hackers violate the security of the service and steal our information.

• Reviewed on 25/4/2018
Online Business Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2020

"incredible selection of tools"

Comments: Super reliable and offers countless solutions for a huge range of system and back-end stuff that I mostly have no clue about. Great solution but my advice is to consult with an expert if possible.

Pros: Although we just use some of the basic tools for our business (there's at least a hundred of them!) and I'm not a back-end or system admin expert by any means, I do see that the available selection is vast. If our business evolves to the point where we need more professional cloud tools and capabilities, I would definitely go with GCP.

Cons: It's very complex for someone who is not an expert with this platform and the tools within. I would highly suggest to work with a GCP expert if you are looking to solve more complex problems, instead of trying to figure it all out by yourself.

• Reviewed on 7/5/2020
Andrew M.
Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/5/2019

"Trusty, solid and reliable platform."

Comments: The array of tools that come with this platform is extensive. A valid alternative to many Microsoft tools we are used to. I see us completely morphing to Google in the future. They are slow to add new features and improvements, but when they do they are solid. The security of Google cloud is impressive and we have had no issues with our databases, storage or transfers so far - at all! That alone makes them a winner, in my opinion.

Pros: Hard to choose since there are so many pros, but the security aspect is very important to us. And they have never failed us in that regard.

Cons: I don't usually like their new interfaced when introduced. I would rather have more customization.

• Reviewed on 4/5/2019
CTO & Co-Founder
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/7/2019

"Best cloud provider I've used so far"

Comments: We are very satisfied with the results so far, having set up our web applications on a kubernets cluster and our relational datastore on Cloud SQL

Pros: The web interface usability, the command line tools and overall user experience across different products from the platform

Cons: some prodcuts like firebase are not totally well integrated into the global cloud platform

• Reviewed on 26/7/2019
Social Media Management and Marketing Expert
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"Google cloud review"

Pros: Google is the best! Their cloud is the best software I have ever used. All my documents are stored in my cloud, I dont have to save, send, attach, all when I get to my account and everything is there. I love the fact that when I need a document that I created all I have to do is have the internet to sign in and have access to it. I also love the document feature that we can turn docs into pdfs. Super helpful in business!

Cons: There is absolutely nothing I do not like about the cloud platform. It is perfect for any type of business of any size.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
Development and Marketing Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"Great with google docs"

Comments: I use this often for storing, sending, sharing documents with coworkers and the board, committees I serve on.

Pros: User friendly, effective storage and it integrates well with other tools and you get a pretty generous 15 or so gb to start with on the free trial. This is even better than dropbox I believe. It integrates well with Google sheets and docs. Offers endless tools such as web development. Easily share documents with others in your organization like Microsoft excel, word, other docs. It manages all versions and makes sure you have the most updated.

Cons: If you want to be able to use a certain space in this tool then you may need about equal space on your computer. Takes a bit of time to get used to the features, they do offer online tutorials. The cost is a little pricey for storage space and additional tools and support. There are constant updates that are a bit of a nuance because you have to learn to adjust to those updates.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
Jackson H.
Supply Chain Strategist
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/5/2019

"Cloud Nine"

Comments: Overall great experience. I would like to be able to not give Google rights to my documents but that is the cost of putting your information on their servers.

Pros: As we all know, Google Cloud Platform is the most convenient way to share information with anybody.

Cons: What I would love to see is an open source app store where developers can develop apps but that most likely won't happen. I want to be able to store music on my Google Drive and then be able to seamlessly listen to it on my phone. You can do this now, but the UI sucks.

• Reviewed on 24/5/2019
Data Analyst
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2018

"Build ; Innovate ; Scale"

Pros: Google Cloud Platform really is the BEST set of applications in the market for everything big data related.
GCP offers outstanding computation tools, market-leading data analytics tools, and machine learning capabilities to make your business make smarter decisions. Smart storage is also offered within the same eco-system. It really is a one-stop kind of a deal for artificial intelligence and big data.

Cons: Zero complaints with Google Cloud Platform.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2018
Glencora P.
Marketing Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/1/2019

"Google is Ubiqutious, though not the most helpful"

Pros: I appreciate the ability to use Google's cloud for free, and that most people use Gmail and upload documents onto their cloud. The cloud is a great back-up tool for everyone

Cons: However, I don't like that the organization of documents on the cloud isn't very clear, and that sharing documents with other users always involves a step to allow permission. So many users often miss this step, and then a user has to grant permission, and it is a time-consuming affair.

• Reviewed on 23/1/2019
Roxy P.
  • Reviewed on 11/5/2018

"overall pretty great"

Pros: as someone always on the go i appreciate the fact that you can access anything from anywhere on any device. its great for the office or work, but that is also a downside, it makes it easier for people to get into your things so just be weary of that!

Cons: The only con for me is the security risk's associated with leaving your info logged in everywhere, and the mass collecting of data that google does on everything. however if you dont mind the spying, its great!

• Reviewed on 11/5/2018
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"We use GCP to host parts of our core infrastructure"

Comments: Personally, I'm a big fan of Google products, and GCP is much better designed than AWS (albeit just by a tad). There were unexpected expenses we incurred from using GCP, and the billing portal could be better designed, but overall we're happy with them.

Pros: I like the fact that our company uses a lot of Google products (G Suite, Firebase, etc), so out-of-the-box we get some interconnectivity between environments. I also like that GCP is an incredibly stable product.

Cons: We set up a Compute instance because we needed a proxy for connecting our GCP Redis instance to our Digital Ocean servers. There were unexpected expenses from "egress", which were not transparent at all. Of course, any cloud provider would be the same, but the fact we had to spend an hour digging to why we were being charged a cryptic fee was more than unwarranted.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/8/2019

"Google Cloud - a must for collaborative projects"

Comments: We love using google cloud to store our documents. Often we will be in different locations and have to edit a document. We are able to collaborate at the same time on the same document. I also have benefited greatly from the auto save feature. We have often also had to use the previous version feature.

Pros: I love that I am able to store multiple documents and access them from wherever I am with whatever device I have. I also like I am able to share the documents or projects with other and we are able to collaborate on the same project at the same time.

Cons: I do not have a singular complaint about this software. It has been a lifesaver.

• Reviewed on 8/8/2019
Adina J.
Enrollment Coach
  • Reviewed on 17/7/2018

"I love the google platform because of who easy it is to share documents."

Pros: If I leave my flash drive at home, I can just use my password for google platform. I don't use a regular search engine for anything. Google is a must. I also love how google finds a way to incorporate the history of different cultures. It also has templates like Microsoft.

Cons: Google should be mandatory home page for everyone. The are really no cons about google. If they are aiming to be more like Microsoft, there is a chance that it can happen.

• Reviewed on 17/7/2018
Joy L.
Transcriptionist
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2019

"Amazing Old Reliable"

Comments: I have always appreciated this and will continue to. I have a lot of things that I need the cloud in my life for!

Pros: So reliable and no need to repeatedly update security or features. Smooth experience. Amazing storage.

Cons: Sometimes it stores things I may not want stored. That can take up some of my space so I tend to need to go in once a week or so and clear up some space. No big deal, it's a quick trip down recent memory lane. <3

• Reviewed on 25/7/2019
Amy G.
Conference Planner
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2018

"LOVE THAT EVERYTHING IS AUTO BACKED UP!"

Comments: Overall, very happy to have this software.

Pros: It was so relieving to find out that Google Cloud had backed up all my info and pics when I broke my phone. (I use a google phone).

Cons: Wish it had a little more storage capacity and it did feel like an invasion of privacy. Maybe they should be a little more clear about what is happening before they do it. I probably still would have agreed, but it would be nice to know.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2018