15 years helping Irish businesses

About ProPresenter

Industry-leading live event presentation and live streaming tool built for Mac and Windows. Download the free demo today!

Learn more about ProPresenter

Pros:

ProPresenter 7 anticipates what we need, and creates powerful tools that helps us make an impact in our church and our community.

Cons:

If your graphic is too large, it doesn't always display as a thumbnail and takes an extra second or two to fire.

ProPresenter ratings

4.3
4.4
4.5
4.4

9.0/10

ProPresenter has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,025 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ProPresenter before?

Filter reviews (2,025)

Tim
Tim
Worship Leader in US
Music, Self Employed

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

Comments: We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros:

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons:

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

Stephanie
Pastor of NextGen and Communications in US

Using ProPresenter helps

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: ProPresenter is something that we don't think we can live without in our production team. It makes things look so professional and very organized. It is such a great tool for our church.

Pros:

ProPresenter is a key piece in our worship services on Sunday mornings, as well as any other services we may hold. It has been a tremendous asset to us in our production quality.

Cons:

It tends to be a bit bulky and clunky. It's also not super user-friendly, as you do need training to be able to navigate it.

Ryan
Church Media Support Technician in US
Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

Great Software With Many Glitches for PC Version

Comments: Our Church has been using ProPresenter since 2014 and overall it's been the best solution that meets most of our needs. However, it's not perfect and has given us quite a few headaches over the years. Hopefully in the future ProPresenter will be given it's own PC development department that will focus on Industry Standards that are common in the PC environment instead of trying to Port over from Mac.

Pros:

ProPresenter is pretty great overall. It has so many abilities to allow our church to create custom presentations on the fly as will as prepare in advance. Love how easy it is to import songs, backgrounds, and bible references.

Cons:

The PC version feels like a cheap port from the Mac version. It has many glitches when trying to export playlists. It also doesn't allow me to duplicate playlists easily. If I wanted to create a duplicate playlist to use as a template for another service, I have to export it then re-import it instead of just copy and paste like most standard PC software allows. When I do export a playlist, sometimes it never exports and if it does then items are missing or removed from the both the exported playlist and the original playlist.

Lauren
President and Director in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

ProPresenter For Churches

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: ProPresenter offers churches so much. It is a great software to purchase and use.

Pros:

ProPresenter allows you to easily choose a variety of backgrounds, let's you edit text easily, allows you to put your slides in order, and labels everything appropriately.

Cons:

There are several different systems displaying lyrics. It is all in what you get used to. I have used Powerpoint, MediaShout, and ProPresenter. It takes time to learn anything new and unfamiliar and everything has its pros and cons. ProPresenter overall is a great choice. Just be sure to give yourself time to learn all of its features.

Karl
Karl
Media Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Full featured and approachable

Comments: I love that it has three separate outputs and for the most part just works!

Pros:

Has a ton of features that commonly used competitors don’t have, and is approachable for the occasional user.

Cons:

It has a few bugs that have not been resolved for a while. There are workarounds, but they can slow workflow.

Yerson
Communications Director in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Proficient Presentation Approach

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: ProPresenter has made live streaming and presentation effective.

Pros:

ProPresenter brings a resourceful communications approach that helps through solid presentation.

Cons:

ProPresenter has covered all the challenges that relates to presentation.

Rayhann
Volunteer in US

ProPresenter Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I really like how ProPresenter is really optimal. Many churches use it and I think if you learn it, you can probably handle the media for any church. Another thing I like about ProPresenter is how you can import songs from multiple engines, which is really useful.

Cons:

The text editor for ProPresenter is really annoying. You have to tweak it little by little to make it look presentable, but it automatically goes to a default font, size, and position, which is a bit annoying to do. However, it's isn't much of a complaint.

Sam
VP Sales and Marketing in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

Better presentations

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

ProPresenter helps me to present our views more comfortably

Cons:

I do not find any problems while using it at all.

Justin
Church Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great for church services!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

ProPresenter provides excellent support for worship services through its ability to provide real-time lyrics, scripture and graphics. The ability to “drag and drop” files makes it easy to use.

Cons:

The restrictions for connecting certain video elements such as ZOOM calls creates a headache for most lay people.

Daniel
Associate Pastor in US

Good Product.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Usually a very stable product. Incremental updates need better beta testing before push to user...often glitchy.

Pros:

Flexibility and ability to project across multiple screens.

Cons:

Really dislike the subscription model. Would rather pay for upgrades as needed.

Tammy
Worship Minister in Panama
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

Comments: I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Pros:

ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Cons:

There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

Brian
Worship Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

ProPresenter is the go-to for church presentations.

Comments: It has taken our graphics presentation ability to a whole new level over previously used software. (MS PowerPoint, and Sunday Plus)

Pros:

It allows you to store and organize multiple media types, and playlist for ease of functionality during events. It also syncs with our Planning Center Online account, which allows us the ability to import our plans, which saves a ton of time and effort. It's also very easy to learn the basics. We've had to have people run it in emergency situations before that had never run it before, and in just a few minutes, we were able to show them the basics.

Cons:

The DVD function stopped scaling the video properly when our Mac Pro was updated to Mojave, so now we are not able to use it during services or any event that requires more that just the DVD player. (If all you're doing is using the DVD feature, you can change the resolution and use it, but it makes all your backgrounds unusable until you change it back). One other strange thing is that when we type in the document search bar the name of a song, for example, more times than not, documents that may have those key words in them, but not in their titles show up before the actual song with the title of the words you are typing in. It typically makes us fill in most, if not all of a song name before the song itself shows up in the search results.

Andy
Technical Director in Canada

Platform concerns

Pros:

Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function. I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Cons:

Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations is non-existent. I always had to install MS PowerPoint or Keynote and have ProPresenter launch the third party application. Other presentation software allowed us to play PowerPoint presentations natively from within the screen control software. The video database categories functions could use some refinement. For example, I'd like the ability to see all available background or foreground videos and then filter out categories I don't want to see rather than the category filters only showing me that category.

Rick
Minister of Music and Worship in US

Can't imagine NOT having ProPresenter

Comments: I had been working with Media Shout from it's beginning. Years ago, I gave ProPresenter a try and quickly made the transition to ProPresenter. At the time, there was more of a centralized, get everything you need in the same place, feel that met our needs. And being honest, using the software was not always easy. Early on, it was very clunky and awkward in certain areas and there were moments of great frustration (no different from other presentation software, though). However, the benefit always outweighed the challenges and with every update, it seemed to get closer to what we needed it to be. Now, I consider it a mainstay in our ministry and seriously can't think of working without it!

Pros:

I truly like the completeness of the software and ease of use. Through the years, it has become a crucial part of my work in that it is very easy to create a "show" from my office and have it ready for the crew in the booth to use each week. I greatly appreciate the fact that I can easily equip volunteers to interact with ProPresenter at a very basic level to advanced levels in a short amount of time. I also appreciate the fact that it just works, all the time, I don't have to worry about it causing issues for our volunteers.

Cons:

Actually, the things I like least about ProPresenter have been addressed over time via updates. Since the issues are no longer issues, there's no need to bring them up. Suffice it to say, ProPresenter has evolved into an extremely robust program that is very accessible to everyone from the beginner to the professional.

Travis
Sound Engineer in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

THE BEST Presentation Software on the market!!

Comments: Currently we use Pro Presenter as a House of Worship solution, and as a traveling presentation software; it flawlessly integrates with our mac mini and and 5 monitor system. The thing i love most about ProPresenter is that it is simple enough for a kid to use, and at the same time has complex feature for Pro users to indulge in like; iPad controls, Hi Definition video and audio options, social media integration and up-gradable external modules.

Pros:

The ease of use. ProPresenter generally just works. It is so hassle free and is so simple that i was able to teach it to seniors and children! When i allow end users to run our system i feel confident that they will be able to create, and run a flawless presentation!

Cons:

The only small gripe i have is that ProPresenter Pro License doesn't come with alot of free or embeded stock videos or images. The base price point is fair, i just wish there were more stock photos, video and sounds for the Pro license.

Hunter
Media Director in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

The best presentation software for churches, and everyone else.

Comments: ProPresenter is volunteer friendly and a very easy to learn software with incredible flexibility. The features available in the Looks menu, Midi integration, and a simple presentation interface make this the perfect software for use in any presentation.

Pros:

Livestreaming from ProPresenter was an amazing feature for them to add. When we switched our livestream over to ProPresenter, we fixed issues we didn't even know we had. ProPresenter has unlimited output screens, so you can have 3, 6, 10, 50 individual output destinations, and ProPresenter can send your content to them all. The slide editor is seriously powerful. There's no need to build slides in Power Point anymore. Just train your pastor to edit their slides in ProPresenter. All will be well. ProPresenter is constantly getting bug fixes and major feature update. NDI is built-in to the software.

Cons:

Occasional bugs here and there, but I've never ran into anything show-stopping that wasn't a user error.

Joel
Technical Director in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Exceptional value for the feature set

Comments: We have been using ProPresenter for over a decade and now have it as the main visual presentation software in eight rooms, ranging from 100 to 2100 seats. Our newest implementation involves a multi-screen output of simultaneous separate content to a on-stage TV and IMAG overlay via NDI with Alpha and to a confidence monitor at the rear of the room. And ProPresenter can do it! On a Mac mini, no less!
We love it so much that when presenters come with PowerPoint presentations, its common practice for us to import them into ProPresenter to make them easier to work with.

Pros:

- A feature set that is perfect for churches and constantly evolving with the times. - Unlimited site license and free download gives unparalleled value. - A friendly and intuitive interface for the basics with intricate and power-packed features under the hood. - Versatile enough to be the perfect choice for everything from conferences to funerals and church services to concerts, and also perfect for single screen, multiscreen or feeding into an IMAG system as an alpha overlay. Makes it easy to train staff and volunteers on one product across a wide variety of contexts.

Cons:

- In depth features can become confusing and hard to find information on, especially when combining add-on modules for specific functionality.

Rich
Worship Minister in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Don't know how I lived without it up until now!

Comments: Up to this point, updates have been few and far between. One suggestion I made to Renewed Vision (the makers of ProPresenter) was integrated into a feature of an eventual update. Tech support has gotten way better as the years have gone by. They are quite helpful and patient.

Pros:

Volunteers can operate it with a minimal amount of training. The setup is largely intuitive. There are also hundreds of hours of videos, tutorials, etc. to get you not only up and running, but using advanced functions as well.

Cons:

Initial cost can be a challenge. And for a person using one output (main), it is overkill. There are other less costly products (Proclaim, for example) that do similar things for those in need of one output and no other whistles and bells.

Erik
IT manager in US

Best in its class

Comments: It's been a great experience. A large upgrade over the software we used previously. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs professional presentation software for church or company use.

Pros:

It is simple to use, we can train almost anyone to run the software. It is easy to setup and manage. It runs all common media files with ease. It's easy and quick to setup new presentations.

Cons:

Stage display could use more customization. It works well but I think they could add some additional features in order to display exactly what we need. I'd love to be able to have it set to show slides without the background. You can do that now, but it won't keep the same formatting as the slide. We have to use "static" but it keeps the background on the first slide of each document. It would also be nice to be able to show only the first line of the next slide- without having to move the next slide off the screen.

R.J.
Technical Manager in US

Mostly pleased with ProPresenter for Mac, mostly not with Windows version

Comments: Overall ProPresenter is a great product, and in spite of some minor issues--some of which have been computer & external hardware issues--I've been pleased with it.

Pros:

We switched from EasyWorship, which worked pretty well but needed updating at the time. Since we decided to replace our antiquated Windows computer with a Mac, we opted for ProPresenter which several people recommended. We bought a campus license so we're also using it on a couple of Windows computers. I like ProPresenter's versatility and ease of use. It has a lot of great features, several of which I haven't even put to use. On our fast iMac it works really well.

Cons:

Although our Windows computers supposedly meet the minimum requirements, ProPresenter's Windows version is painfully slow. Like, click to highlight a song and wait 3 seconds before it even highlights it. Even first executing ProPresenter is slow, and there's no "hour glass" to let you know it's in the process of turning on. It's common to wait at least 30 seconds before the logo even shows up. To be fair, I haven't called tech support about that yet. But they should at least display an hour glass to let you know something's happening. Also DVDs won't play in ProPresenter since Microsoft removed DVD support post-Windows 7. On the Mac version I've reported a minor clunky design issue 2-3 times in the past couple of years but it hasn't yet been fixed: the song list & playlist "sliders." Clicking directly ON the slider doesn't work; you have to aim 1/8" to the left of it! It's a minor negative among dozens of awesome features. I’ve found that ALL the output monitors/projectors have to be turned ON before ProPres is opened, otherwise it sometimes freezes up and I have to “force quit.” On more than one occasion the stage monitor has timed out/turned off between church services, but if I try to turn it back on without shutting down ProPres first, it gets confused on where to output. I suspect the HDMI distribution amplifier's "searching for monitors" is freaking it out. PowerPoint/Keynote files don't play natively in ProPresenter, but there's a work-around.

Justin
Presentation Director in US
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

Optimal Presentation Software

Comments: The software works best on high performance, professional grade Apple computer. It does not survive stress tests on a comparable Windows machine. The operator must maintain an ​organization during a long presentation, as well as optimize workflow​ so the machine can be dedicated to run ProPresenter only. Do not attempt to run to photoshop, after effects, or comparable application while running a mission-critical​ presentation. This software enables easy integration with broadcast set-ups including utilization as alpha-keyed computer graphics.

Pros:

Easy to use and volunteer friendly software allows multiple operators, multiple outputs, and is extremely versatile. The mobile app enables operators from anywhere to make quick slide changes. The options built in the software enables​ presentations to be planned and executed in a fast-paced environment. ProPresenter's integrated Stage Display feature enables the Floor Director and talent to communicate without traditional whiteboards​, enables the band and vocalists to follow through with songs and performances, and enables the speaker to see notes on a confidence monitor.

Cons:

The lack of the ability to search inside a specific presentation (such as a 150 slide show) to find a specific item hurts response time. It is difficult to find loaded resources for last unplanned minute requests (such as loaded testimonies, videos, etc). The inclusion of the Bible feature is nice, but not having the ability to hot switch to a new version from a created slide (automatically update formatted slide to the ​new version) decreases response time. The mobile app doesn't allow you to load pictures, videos on the fly from camera roll or from another desktop app to the operating machine. The background and foreground element have transitional problems, and the multiple transitions system is very complicated (and I have never understood it fully). We default​ to using a manual transition to slide or just the global one. ProPresenter may yield​ unexpected results after prolonged use.

Samuel
Video Lighting Director in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

A solid platform for ten years

Comments: A great product that does what it does very well. Version six is feeling like it’s been out for a while though! Not that I’m hankering for any major revisions except to the handling of audio files.

Pros:

ProPresenter a very robust product that is particularly suited to the church environment although I have used it for other types of events as well. It has maintained its focus on the most essential tasks for media presentation a provided a good balance between complexity/flexibility and ease of use - especially when many operators are volunteers using the product infrequently. As an advanced user I like that I can integrate the software with other major components such as lighting and video systems in a way that actually enhances the simplicity of operation - and eliminating points of failure. While there are a few things I would like to see added or improved I appreciate the fact that the interface remains very consistent - again making it simple and reliable. The price is right. We have a site licence and even though we are not a massive church it has proven invaluable in any space where presentations are being made.

Cons:

1. I would like to see support for third party video devices from more companies such as AJA. 2. Some of the slide building features are too basic. No gradients, no ability to lock the position of text boxes while still being able to edit them. Templates limited to formatting only one text box. 3. I find the separate audio window to be clunky. I would like to see control and playback view of audio files available without having to expand the audio window. 4. There is no good way to view slides formatted for large screens which have small text. We need a third option for display of slides - not just text or side layout. 5. Some of the modules such as SDI or alpha seem relatively expensive compared to the price of the software. 6. Would love to see some way to integrate control over other software such as iTunes or Spotify. Probably being able to trigger AppleScript cues. 7. Would like to see more information about cues added to slides rather than just a generic icons. Especially for MIDI cues or stage display layout choice. 8. Would like to be able to have a cue palette that is not tied to slides - customizable additions to the clear functions etc for external triggers especially.

Chadsey
Chadsey
Marketing Manager in US

Wonderfully powerful software for every church/ministry

Comments: Less headaches and ease of use. Coming in on a Sunday morning and having the software works perfectly as planned.
There really isn't much to dislike. The price is competitive and a great value. The software is superb and any problems are quickly address in new updates. The abilities are almost endless

Pros:

The ease of use is probably my favorite thing. If you need a basic display system for your church this will get you going right away without a hitch. If you need more advanced, multi network, multi screens, adding confidence moniters or stage displays, using iPads and IP networks with a control room. Ya know the mega church display setup.... this is still the preferred program to use. The training available from the manufacture is also a plus, as well as the online community constantly helping each other use this product to their specific needs. The continual advancement of the product is great, but also past versions still function wonderfully without the need to update unless you just need to advance with the times. Another is the nearly perfect problem-less track record of using the software it has in the 5+ years of me using it across multiple systems, setups, and churches. The ability for nontech volunteers to quickly learn the program is worth any church investing. I train people who barely know how to operate a computer or operate a Mac, and they catch on quickly because the software makes it easy. Even as they are learning and there are problems with wrongs slides displaying (user errors), I'm able to oversee them and quickly fix without a big ordeal and without distraction for the audience on my accounts. The integration with other products are excellent too. Whether it be SongSelect, social media in your messages, advanced graphics cards/etc, or iPads/Apple TVs.

Cons:

If I have to say one negative is this software works best with Mac's. Through the years the software has had issues with PC's running ProPresenter. Although I have heard that the latest ProP 6 has corrected most conflicts in Windows software, so this con may be mute by now, I don't know I stick to Mac for our media computers.

Kent
Kent
Pastor of Worship in US

ProPresenter - Meets Our Needs

Comments: We really like the flexibility that Propresenter offers in a live presentation. It has proven to be the easiest software to use in a live situation, especially when the presenter needs flexibility from the tech team in his/her presentation. Although it's not perfect, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software that is available for us to meet our current needs.

Pros:

There are many things I like about ProPresenter especially in our house of worship setting. I like how it makes presenting various multimedia formats nearly seamless, once imported. It's flexible, powerful, and relatively easy to use, once the presentation is built. I really like the multiple display options, especially the ability to change the stage display from default to mirrored with a simple cue within the presentation.

Cons:

As easy as it is to use ProPresenter, setting it up can be a difficult process at times. We've not gotten ProPresenter to do certain animations like other presentation software will do. Unfortunately, importing other presentation software into ProPresenter can be a minefield of wasted time if your presentation isn't in exactly the right format with everything sized correctly, text boxes correctly placed, and graphics and text all in a single layer. It has also been our experience that ProPresenter runs much more smoothly on a Mac computer than on a PC with similar hardware configurations.

Deborah
Worship Director in Australia

Subi Church Experience with ProPresenter 6 in Perth Western Australia

Comments: It's reliable, cool, and convenient...I may have those 3 common problems but being aware of it I've just been working around them and I really should update my software ... so it's still a very pleasant experience overall!

Pros:

The convenience of being able to have everything in just one high quality, professional-looking program is just such a blessing, i.e. pulling lyrics easily from the library, adding videos to a playlist, importing powerpoint slides etc. At my church, staff prepare ProPresenter ahead of the weekend, and then at the church services we have volunteers who serve as our ProPresenter Operator. We call that person a "Clicker" because their role literally involves just clicking from one thing to the next thing. It frees up the church staff to be with people, and it also allows lay-people a place to serve in a role like this which could potentially be really daunting but really isn't, because of the way ProPresenter is.

Cons:

There are some limitations to the type of editing you can do, e.g. to an image. It is also a bit buggy but that could just be because we don't do software updates as often as we should! 3 common problems we have: 1. If there could be a crop function that would be helpful so I don't have to crop the image in another program before re-importing the image into ProPresenter. 2. On "Configure stage display" we have various profiles to choose from - but I can't seem to find a button anywhere to delete old profiles. We currently have something like 20 profiles which we don't use just because I don't know how to delete it. 3. Sometimes when I delete an item from the library, the item slides get deleted alright but the name gets kept and transferred over to the next item in the library... which means the whole library gets renamed to the name of the item that was originally in that order in the library.