15 years helping Irish businesses

ManageEngine Endpoint Central Reviews

About ManageEngine Endpoint Central

On-prem & cloud-based unified endpoint management and security tool that helps manage organization endpoints from single console.

Learn more about ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Pros:

Patch Management is great, windows integration is full.

Cons:

It takes a while to get your head around how updates are applied - it is quite 'batchy. The MDM UI is sometimes a bit confusing.

ManageEngine Endpoint Central ratings

4.4
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.6/10

ManageEngine Endpoint Central has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 778 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ManageEngine Endpoint Central before?

Roberto
Roberto
Asesor Comercial in Ecuador
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Endpoint management in a centralized and automated way

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Dashboards with real-time information on the vulnerability status of my endpoints. It allows you to have a real status and take action directly on the computers affected by a vulnerability from the same console.

Cons:

OS deployment is not compatible with Linux operating systems

Nicholas
Technology Administrator in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Seems like a good fit so far

Comments: Its been great so far as we are trying to find a way to keep our remote teams secure and supported without being overbearing.

Pros:

The plethora of capabilities that are included with the cost. For the most part, it does everything well and is easy to understand.

Cons:

One major ability we would like to consolidate is Remote Control/Access. This tool has it, and its a B+ level tool. It seems to struggle with slower internet connections (some remote workers have a slower speed), and its ability to show what computers are actually live/sleep/shutdown is not as good as Teamviewer (it takes 30seconds to a minute for it to update in the control center, while Teamviewer was instant).

Andrew
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Updated Review after 7 mo We won’t renew annual subscription

Comments: Not extremely pleased with Endpoint Central Cloud UEM. For what we ultimately use in the suite we could’ve saved money and used either a different ManageEngine / ZoHo product or a different software altogether.
I’m not meaning to sound so hard on them, but I’m just not happy with what we got for the cost. We won’t be renewing the annual subscription.

Pros:

Documentation is very helpful, customer service is generally very good and prompt at answering. There are a lot of included features in endpoint central uem edition (we used endpoint central uem cloud). Windows OS features work often. Remote access feature is good. Patch management works.

Cons:

Limited features for MacOS and extremely few for Linux although some problems may be limited by the OS. Enrollment was a pain for Mac and Linux and provided few benefits. (No MdM for Linux. MDM required and included for macOS, but provided few benefits.) Advertising on the ManageEngine website and Endpoint Central website promised way more than it delivers. Especially for multi OS features. Very windows-centric.

Antony
Head of Group IT Operations in UK
Wholesale, 501–1,000 Employees

Endpoint Central, the essential component to your environment.

Comments: It’s worked well and is not overly complex, it’s easy to patch the system itself and does what we expect it to without a large administration cost. So overall I am very happy with it as a product and predict we will be using it for a long time.

Pros:

We chose this initially bevause we needed a central management system and we already had a couple of other products from the same vendor. I liked most the familiarity of layout, simplistic management and usability. The primary functions all work well and do what most others do but the ui makes it easier to manage.

Cons:

Some of the pop ups don’t look that slick for the end user and some of the prompting and pointers have an element of “written by someone who doesn’t speak my primary language.” This is a small point but from the outside could be relatively easily fixed.

Sébastien
IT Support Manager in France
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Great management tool

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My support technician is happy with software management
My security manager is happy with patch management
My admins are happy with MDM & Endpoint management
So I am a happy manager :)

Pros:

UEMS gave us back the control of our PCs, Macs & smarphones It is very easy to implement (AD integration & MDM configuration in about 2 hours)

Cons:

With such a lot of functionalities, it is sometimes hard to find the good menu item.

Ondrej
Head of IT in Czechia
Medical Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

All you need

4.0 last month New

Comments: Its extremely packed with features. I am confident that if you set up this software completely you can manage your whole environment and be compliant with whatever you need.

Pros:

- Absolutely heavy loaded with features. We have a roadmap and most of it can be achieved by this tool alone. - Cloud version is available, which definitely suits us - Awesome desktop management for L1 technicians - ITAM, MDM, SSC all in one

Cons:

- Confusing interface. The button you are looking for is always somewhere else then you would expect. I was warned about that before we hop into the trial period though. - Unlike for example PDQ, its not exactly easy to set this up - you need to have a plan what kind of features you want to use at first - Sometimes support or help is missing for cloud based MEEC

Bradley
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Perfect Product for our Medium Sized Business

5.0 last month New

Comments: The trial has been a great experience. All questions have been answered promptly by support, and we will be purchasing the product.

Pros:

Ease of use, patch management, 3rd party patches, total insight into all devices on network.

Cons:

I haven't found anything not to like quite yet.

siva
Manager-CS in United Arab Emirates

ManageEngine-One Product for all IT services

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Product features like MDM , Patch management ,Remote control etc

Cons:

so far all good with manageengine endpoint central

Anthony
IT Service Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy setup

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I was wowed by the functionality and ease of use.

Pros:

The setup was very easy. I had everything setup and pulling endpoints in 15 minutes.

Cons:

Cost is a little expensive. I think this product should be provided in a bundle with SDP at more aggressive price.

BJ
BJ
IT Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

It's decent

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been very sufficient and good for what I need.

Pros:

The trial gives you the opportunity to really get into all of the features.

Cons:

There's a definite learning curve. One must have patience.

Dale
IT in US
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

MEDC is an important tool for us.

Comments: Patching is a breeze. RDP has saved me a lot of headaches since I don't always remember the FQDN of every machine in the building. Helps let me know if systems are down. Overall its a tool I cant live without at this point.

Pros:

Inventory features. Makes it really easy to see what PC's are running and who is using them. Login history, Windows patching, software inventories, warranty information (except for HP) and a great built in RDP feature. This software makes life a LOT easier. Its pricing is pretty competitive for everything it offers. We have stuck with it for almost 3 years and don't plan to switch away unless there is a drastic change in its price or functionality. So far I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

Cons:

When you hit your license limit, if you don't realize it, and you do another installation, removing the license from an unused computer doesn't activate the one you were initially trying to activate. Often requiring you to jump through a little bit of hoops to get it going. Always make sure you have a free license prior to the install. The only other thing I would truly consider a con is some of the features are more buried then they should be, and its not always immediately obvious where your going to find what you are looking for. Once you have used it for a while, you get used to it though and its a non-issue.

4 years ago

Hello Dale, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're delighted that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and the fact that it has been making your job seamless for the past three years. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management. We are working towards creating better visibility in terms of the user interface. If you require further assistance with the product UI, do write to us at [email protected]. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected].

Robert
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Desktop Central - try it! You may wonder how you lived without it before.

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy their products. I have used their other offerings and have been pleased with how easy their software is to learn and use. I really like the reporting features, even if they are a bit plain. But, the data in the reports is spot on. It would be nice to have a way to spice up the reporting templates a bit for non-technical management. I've tried other patching products over the years, but I've always recommended Desktop Central to my clients to at least try. Almost all of them end up purchasing Desktop Central!

Pros:

Desktop Central is very easy to set up. As long as you follow the requirements for opening ports, you should be able to install and start using the product very quickly. The product can be used for free with up to 25 clients, so you can really "kick the tires" and get a full idea of if this is the product for you. It is reasonably fast, and the learning curve is fairly easy and straightforward. The training videos are not bad and cover most of what I needed to learn to use the product. I've worked with the support team only a few times over the last several years, so that's a bonus for me. Their support was knowledgeable, and was able to solve my issues within one or two email exchanges. They do offer phone support, but this was not an option I prefer to use, so I can't comment much on that. I now use several products from ManageEngine, and it is great how once you use one of their products, you should be comfortable with their other offerings.

Cons:

It took me a little while to learn HOW the product works, and what the developers' thought process was at first. Once I got that part, the use of the product really fell into place for me rather quickly. I think the learning curve for this software is much easier than other products, but you do have to at least look over the intro manuals the first couple of times you use the product. I'd love to see the company make more training videos using native North American English speakers. ManageEngine is an Indian company, and while their team absolutely knows their stuff, it can be challenging (at least for me) to work with the Indian speaking and writing style of English.

Calvert
IT Engineer in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments: It provides visibility across the network for all devices (EUC and Servers) with the ability to manage them. Being able to roll out patches, config changes and interact with users and their devices from one place is exactly what I was looking for when I was tasked with coming up with a solution. I initially came up with two solutions, but I am happy that this has worked out so well.

Pros:

Intuitive layout, finding things is relatively easy and figuring out most things is straightforward.Even in a trial, the support is very responsive and always on hand to assist. I like that each page has a link to the support team and I can interact with them from where I am on the site instead of logging into a different portal and logging a ticket. It seems some logical thought was put into developing the user interaction.An extensive set of features and functions is included right out of the box, so you can get up and running quickly. The most challenging part for me was figuring out how to get the agent on devices that AD or the network complained about. Once the agent is on, I have full control over the device and am able to gather a lot of information which, as any IT Admin will agree, is crucial for making sound decisions.

Cons:

The UI looks a little dated and could do with some paint. Even if it isn't for everyone, some users may prefer how it currently looks. In that case, the opportunity to change the skin would be a nice bonus. Despite this, it's a great product that doesn't detract from the site's functionality.I'm surprised that the cloud version is behind the on-premise version in terms of functionality. Although saying that, it's not by much and the team has assured me that the functions are in development. So it will be very nice to see things like BitLocker management in the cloud version and improvements to the quality of the reports.I tried both the on-premise and cloud solutions, both of which work just fine. There are a few things I saw on the on-premise version that wasn't quite the same in the cloud (mentioned earlier). Additionally, at the time of writing this, there are a couple of improvements that I have suggested, namely in the area of managing multiple domains. This area still needs a little work.

Reed
IT Manager in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Endpoint Central - Your One Stop Tool for Remote Monitoring Management and More!

Comments: We were looking for a solution that would allow us to deliver at the highest level from an ITSM standpoint. A few solutions were considered, however, EC checked all of the boxes in what we were looking for:1) SaaS solution that would allow us to manage our endpoints from a single pane of glass2) Centralized tool to automate patch management and gain an idea of which endpoints are missing patches3) Ability to automate software installs and image endpoint OS4) Mansge all assets - hardware and software - with ease and gain an understanding of budget spend and forecasts

Pros:

Patch Management, Asset Management and Tracking and the ability to automate software deployment are the best winning features for us.EC is very user friendly so the learning curve for my team of 5 was a smooth gradient.Working with support and our Customer Sucess Manager also provided us with a lot of great knowledge and training on how the solution would integrate with our current business processes. The integration went super smooth in terms of rolling out the EC agents and transitioning from our old tool.

Cons:

I think the overall experience so far has been great, however, if I had to say one negative thing, would be the initial glitches encountered when we tried to remotely connect to our endpoints.First impression might be a bit intimidating when seeing all of the different options, however, when you begin drilling into each feature it becomes super intuitive.

CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

You must check out Desktop Central for *any* size organization

Pros:

It's breadth of features. It literally has features you normally need 3-4 different products from different manufacturers. Normally someone will pay for remote control software, patch management, mobile device management, desktop management as separate products but all that (and more) are built right it. The integration into AD and the ability to patch update computers off the network is vital to my company. The price is also extremely affordable. I've used them in both a 1500 employee company with more than 2000 devices and now in a smaller company with 80 employees and 100 devices and it's been a godsend. Support is also amazing. they have articles available and live chat available and all hours which is nice for me.

Cons:

Some parts are confusing, like the configuration profiles. It takes some getting used to.

Rajneesh
Technical Pre-sales in Australia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Heterogeneous End-point Management from a Unified Console

Comments: Easy to use UI, Online help and chat support, Great community support. Overall, quick to learn and easy Setup.

Pros:

More control, Power to you, whilst deploying SW Deployment, OS Patching and even MDM, all can be achieved from a single console. Not to mention, OS Deployment & Imaging are offered free for all Workstation & Servers. Gartner listed, Awesome support very Proactive indeed.

Cons:

None at all. Out-of-box product features have nothing to complaint about. We love everything that DesktopCentral UEM has to offer.

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Nothing Comes Close To Zoho Corp and Desktop Central Price Per Value and Feature Wise

Pros:

Nothing comes close to Manage Central when price per value is obvserved with the only issues being that it is a lot of information all at once, and that it has many configuration abilities and options. I have used this solution for a couple months now, but my experience with Zoho SaaS has been spectacular with 0% downtime on my original site I launched as a side project being 0 in 386 days! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a serious solution, and even to hobbyists and home lab users just looking to try something out!

Cons:

Software is extremely customizable and granular, but has a sharper learning curve than a click and deploy solution. However the extra configurability is crucial in fields that require compliance, governance and hard coded security with a clear and present chain of command.

Mikel
Director of Infrastructure & Security Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Low Cost Endpoint Solution

Comments: Great solution for the cost, it has his cons but overall it meets all of our needs. The only thing I wish they had was more integrations across common platforms like FreshService, Zoom, Go to assist etc.

Pros:

- Low Cost for cloud- Simple Deployment- Simple Software Deployment

Cons:

- Needs more integration options for Cloud- Patch Management showing missing patches when the patch is not required on the OS version

Senior Manager of Infrastructure and Compliance in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

A Product that actually does what you paid for, and then does even more!

Comments: I have used this program now between three different companies that I have worked in, two of which I made the recommendation that it be purchased. I am impressed with the product, but also with the development and support team. Its not uncommon for me to send them a question and have an answer back in less then 24 hours. They also have a wonderful ability to take feedback and then have it show up in the product in very little time.

Pros:

The product does an amazing job performing the update of server and desktop operating systems and software. What is surprising is all the additional things it does, and the features that they keep adding into the product. Examples over the years includes adding in things like mobile device management, review of each box for vulnerabilities, showing issue and problems with the boxes that are both correctable and not correctable by the patching functions.

Cons:

Upon some tasks they will show failure or a pending action, however they do not then update those status in the queue. I think this is done from a compliance standpoint, but there should be a function added to specifically address a job that’s been run, been incomplete and then a pending follow-up action.

Law Practice, 201–500 Employees

Comprehensive Desktop Management Solution

Comments: ManageEngine Desktop Central has helped us improve our overall technical and operational support to staff and further, helped consolidate software and resources.

Pros:

ManageEngine Desktop Central is a robust set of tools that allow s you to deploy, automate, and support your end user's device with a simple to manage interface. Before using ManageEngine my team used a wide variety of tools and a lot of 'hands-on' involvement to maintain our diverse set of end-user equipment, but, with Desktop Central we are able to deploy images, software, manage patches, set security policies, and provide remote support all from one central location.

Cons:

The setup can be a little overwhelming at first due to all of the configuration and features. While the support team was good and very friendly, it would be better if there is more standardized KBs and how-to videos to help support some of the advanced functions.

4 years ago

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management, thereby replacing the multiple tools that you've had to use in the past. We are working on standardizing the knowledge base articles and how-to videos. If you require further assistance, do write to us at [email protected]. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected].

Trevor
CEO in Jamaica
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

ManageEngine Endpoint Central for Small and Medium Sized businesses

Comments: Overall implementation and enduser experience with endpoint central was excellent.

Pros:

Endpoint central is a feature rich platform that offers fantastic bang for buck especially for small and medium sized businesses. The free edition which offers 25 managed endpoints and the ability to scale past that count as needed is unmatched. Great platform

Cons:

Two hang ups with endpoint central is the configuration of Mac devices and the configuration and management of mobile devices. This requires some work and is not as straightforward as other configurations.

Great Endpoint Management Tool

Comments: Its a really good value for money tool with moderate and intuitive dashboards. However, product features can be further enhanced with proper documentation of the features' capabilities and limitations. The ability of extending features with mere add-on licenses are a true benefit as it requires the need for redeployment of new tools at the endpoint with manual major configuration changes.

Pros:

It a great tool to manage almost all of your endpoint management requirements across the organisation with remote access capabilities on requirement basis. Ease of deployment through GPO option or by integrating with AD is really helpful and the ability of leveraging on distribution server. This allows for bandwidth optimization while enabling the organisations to stay up-to-date with latest patches, even in remote locations with minimal internet connectivity. The ability of managing third party application patches is a value for money compared to other solutions in the same scope.

Cons:

Some of the advanced features and use cases require a bit of researching due to the limitations in the documentation. Due to this reason, sometime, hours are spent on researching for options and to understand the operations behind those options. With respect to the support, it takes a while to get the right expert for the specific component and once the expert comes, issues get sorted pretty quickly.

Dan
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great endpoint management product

Comments: Overall Manage Engine Endpoint Central is a great all round product for endpoint management and support

Pros:

Great tool for Technicians managing devices all in one place. Allows our service desk to remotely support devices quickly with ease. Able to manage Mobile Phones effectivly and patch a large windows estate automatically.

Cons:

Can get quite complicated with a lot of configurable features. Someone com across bugs, however support are able to resolve the majority with ease.

Aaron
Systems Integrator in UK
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

So many useful features that you don't get with a normal Windows Domain controller

Comments: We use Desktop Central as it offers so many extra features, as I mentioned in my first paragraph. These features are really useful and save so much time.

Pros:

There are so many useful features in Desktop Central. My favourite features are: - Being able to remotely wake up and shut down computers - Inventory history showing hardware changes - Reports of which user logged onto which computers, which really helps find who works at which desk

Cons:

The updating routine for getting the latest version of Desktop Central is very tedious, requiring a backup, shut down, downloading a file, and then manually running a patch installer. I would like to see an automatic updater, but perhaps it is for those who are very strict about software installations.

4 years ago

Hello Aaron, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint management and security. Thank you for letting us know your pain point in upgrading Desktop Central. Your feedback will be passed on to the development team. If you require further assistance with the product, do write to us at [email protected]. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected].

Alex
Network Systems Architect in UK
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Very good for patch management, USB port lock down, and self service portal and OS deployment.

Comments: Manage Engine reduced tickets and the patch management enabled to be cyber essentials plus certified.

Pros:

The self service is the best thing for the users and the service desk. it was removed a lot tickets and given the users the power to install that they wanted without giving them admin rights. It has given us in IT the ability to patch manage are large fleet of laptops, and servers with Mac Windows and Linux from one central source. Control USB ports. Run scripts multiple machines quickly in a manged way. Gather information about machines , and get to the command prompt of machines without disturbing the users. We also use it for OS deployments.

Cons:

There was issue with the OS re-deployment and MAC addresses getting locked but that seems to have been ironed out now. I which the support staff were more keen /allowed to have a screen share/audio conversation with you. So you could upgrade a support chat to a voip call. And that you didn't have to zip the whole of the log folder every time.