LogMeIn Central Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About LogMeIn Central

Simplified endpoint management for desktops, servers, and mobile laptops.

Learn more about LogMeIn Central

Jeff E.
ERP Software Implementation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2020

"Perfect for Workstation Management!"

Comments: I've used LogMeIn Central to manage user workstations across the networks of two manufacturing companies that I've worked for as the IT Administrator. I've also used Central to manage windows-based Digital Signage computers; both with great success!

Pros: I use LogMeIn Central to manage all of the user workstations within my organization. This allows me to remote into any user computer to help with troubleshooting, and to do a number of other management functions (ie, monitor hardware, software, anti-virus status, etc). I can also get specific hardware information (ie, graphic card or CPU model) using the Inventory functionality about any workstation in my Central Account. The Central Management Console allows me to see all of my user workstations, group them, setup notifications based on specific criteria (RAM or CPU utilization, new software installs, etc). There's also a File Manager where I can move or copy files from my workstation to the end users. There is a lot of functionality for managing updates, running scripts, etc, that I do not use.

Cons: LogMeIn Central requires you to at least pay for a minimum of 25 workstations / installations, whether you use them or not, as this is a business-class product.

• Reviewed on 29/9/2020
Nathan R.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2017

"When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you"

Comments: This is the one I chose every single time.
I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning.
I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it.
Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has.
Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.

Pros: There is something really special about logmein. This software rocks!
when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full.
Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that.
You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely.
Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central).
I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple

Cons: The only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version.
By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business.
They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2017
Tammy G.
Business Owner/Consultant
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Logmein provides easy remote access"

Comments: This program is easy to use and can accomplish what most folks would want to use it for so I would recommend it for routine use.

Pros: This was easy to use and set up for 2 computers to access our server. I like the security of the access that it provides and the ability to define access of the user.

Cons: When trying to track employee work time I found it difficult with the information provided to determine if someone was actually accessing programs or just logged in. I need more details of tracking employee access than this was able to provide but we continue to use it for employees to work from home and remote in to our server.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Justin K.
IT Support Tech
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees

"Logmein Review"

Comments: Remote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.

Pros: I utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.

Cons: With the version of LogMeIn that I have and use, my only request would be the ability to transfer data between machines. copy and paste for text works between devices, however the ability to transfer documents or program files would be even greater.

Aldo F.
IT Director
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Great speed and ease of use"

Comments: Always been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!

Pros: When I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.

Cons: Been using LogMeIn for a very long time and I can't say that I've got anything negative to say, maybe when they dripped support for older OS's but that's on me, not them :)

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Senior IT Engineer
  • Reviewed on 21/1/2019

"This has provided an enterprise solution for less than the expected cost"

Comments: Overall experience has been extremely positive, after the initial setup has been completed LogMeIn scales to any size organisation via GPO installation and I have only very rarely run into major issues with it. I intend to continue using LogMeIn for the foreseeable future.

Pros: I am able to set up groups within LogMeIn to specify domain/non-domain/desktop/laptop/server/etc. This makes finding the correct computer much easier
LogMeIn can be installed via GPO and when configured correctly functions with zero intervention from IT staff and runs silently in the background so the users are not disturbed by it.
Two factor authentication ensures that the account cannot be breached by any means
Passwords can be set for each computer so in the extremely unlikely event of 2FA being breached the computers remain secure.

Cons: There is a "Trust this computer" or "remember me" button on the login - this does not work if 2FA has been set up. It is confusing and frustrating to keep this button available on the "enter the code we just text you" page when it serves no purpose.
On rare occasions LogMeIn has crashed requiring the client to reboot their PC before it becomes accessible again.

• Reviewed on 21/1/2019
Patrick G.
Tech
  • Reviewed on 21/7/2018

"LogMeIn saves time, money and headaches!"

Comments: I tell my friends about this software all the time and I recomend it to any others IT techs that need to use remote software!

Pros: LogMeIn is by far the best remote software I've used. Having over 200 remote computers at various different business locations can be hard to keep organized but not wtih LogMeIn. LogMeIn easily lets you catolog machines by subfolders and it even lets you setup installation deployments!

Cons: I honestly cannot say there is anything about LogMeIn that I feel can be classified as a con! I love the software and I use it on a daily basis. With an average of 350 computers connected to it.

• Reviewed on 21/7/2018
Gerald F.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"The Gold Standard for Remote Management."

Comments: After a problem caused by a bad Windows update, I needed a way to remotely administer my servers while away from the office. LogMeIn Central allows me to see which machines have pending updates and decide whether or not to post-pone them pending isolated testing, all from a central location. It's also allows me to schedule batch updates for third-arty software via the One2Many tool. And as a bonus, it allows me to aid employees with issues on their client computers with an Ad Hoc Support session.

Pros: Ease and speed of deployment. Multiple platform support for client software. Automation.

Cons: It's on the pricey side, but there aren't many tools out there with this many features.

Jennifer F.
Owner dentist
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2019

"Great way to remote in"

Comments: Overall logmein is perfect for getting into my office computer from home when I need to get work done. O try not to use it extensively however due to the lag time.

Pros: Logmein gives you fill access to your computer from am outside location. I have had no issues with full functionality of software remotely.

Cons: There is a large lag time so getting tasks done remotely can take a while. Beyond that I have no issues.

• Reviewed on 12/9/2019
Dale O.
Infrastructure / Security Manager
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2018

"Amazing remote software"

Comments: The overall flexibility of the subscriptions allows for scalability for small to large IT firms looking for a flexible and customizable solution. The ability to have access to reports showing everything from attempted access to duration of access.

Pros: Flexible subscription options. The charts & reports are very useful.

Cons: A few major changes were rolled out, but not made public to even the subscribed users till last minute.

• Reviewed on 5/9/2018
Richard A.
Chiropractic Physician / CEO
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"Log Me In"

Pros: The best remote access software I have used. It is a simple, easy, and secure way to access a computer without being in front of it.

Cons: This product used to have a free version. The subscription cost goes up every year. At one point, I accessed all of my computers (home and 2 offices) with this software. I currently only see the need to pay their subscription fee on 2 computers.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
Grant P.
VP of Operations & Development
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Review of LogMeIn Central Software"

Comments: We have 15 computers and will be growing that beyond 25 within the next six months. It's the most convenient way to access them all, anywhere, anytime. Even when travelling on an international flight, if on my of in-store managers has an issue, I'm able to login and assist. The value on this is priceless.

Pros: Ease of use. Always reliable. I have never had one single login error, ever. This says alot! We use other major software platforms and they often go down for "Maintenance" at least once per week.

Cons: I have nothing negative to say about the software.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Network Operations Manager / Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/6/2018

"Great product for remote support"

Pros: Agent based remote support - installation of agent is simple and connecting and making use of the product is simple to use - a life saver when needing to access remote servers/computers

Cons: A security risk without patching the agent and software often. Support is poor depending on the person who is helping with your issues.

• Reviewed on 10/6/2018
IT Specialist
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2019

"Great Product"

Comments: If you need a reliable, dependable, great support if you need them I would highly recommend LogMeIn

Pros: Features
Usefulness
Reliability
Professionalism

Cons: Cost
Maybe intimidating to remote user newbie

• Reviewed on 5/10/2019
Michael D.
National Sales Manager
Wireless, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Great for central access"

Comments: It's a great service, and was easy to learn the ins and outs.

Pros: I keep this on all my PCs & laptops. Great solution for keeping secure logins in one place. Very easy to use.

Cons: Depending on which version of windows you are on, sometimes it requires you reinstall a couple times to work properly.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Self-Employed
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2019

"Help From A Distance"

Comments: My overall experience was great and I would recommend this to anyone who needs to fix any computer related issues from a distance. It makes life much easier.

Pros: I'm a big fan of this software because it has come in handy several times. Unfortunately, it's not something I'd have to use every day but in the event that I or myself needs assistance, it can be quite helpful. From what I remember, it's easy to use and the interface is pleasant enough so there's no confusion on what you're supposed to do. We used this program to help my mother once when I was 4000 miles away. She's not very computer savvy but even she was able to grasp what was going on and we eventually fixed the issue. I also utilized this software when I was interning for the city and it made my life much easier.

Cons: My issues aren't with the software per se but with other related issues. For instance, working with someone else who has a slower internet connection makes things a bit tedious. I remember a lot of skipping and jumping with the cursor as well as other speed related issues. Other than this, I honestly cannot remember disliking anything about the software itself.

• Reviewed on 16/3/2019
Timothy W.
Radar Specialist
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2018

"My LogMeIn Central experience"

Comments: Our business has multiple remote units consisting of 2-5 computers all over the world. Logmein Central allows us to view./manage and troubleshoot these systems with ease.

Pros: It allows me to easily access a multitude of remote computers

Cons: Not consistently displaying which computers are currently offline without having to manually refresh my client.

• Reviewed on 5/10/2018
Viktorija V.
Co-Founder
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/2/2019

"Remote managing made easy"

Pros: This is great software to easily connect remotely with your business pc/laptop. You get stable and i believe very secure connection all the time. With the help of LogmeIn teams can work together much much better.

Cons: I have used it for many years and i can say that there are no flaws whatsoever.

• Reviewed on 28/2/2019
Erin H.
Business and Construction Management Admin
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2018

"LogMeIn has been a life saver!"

Pros: When traveling and working out of the area, LogMeIn keeps me connected to my desktop and sever. Once everything is downloaded, you are good to go! Very simple log in.

Cons: The price did go up, but considering what you’re receiving, I understand. To be able to stay connect while away is truly priceless.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2018
David M.
IT Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2018

"Happy user"

Comments: I've been using LogMeIn for almost 15 years & love the ease of connecting to PCs. Just a couple of clicks & I'm in!

Pros: Ability to share my LogMeIn subscription with my clients to access their PCs, ease of connecting to PCs.

Cons: The price has quadrupled since I started with LogMeIn.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2018
Suzanne M.
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2018

"Constant attempted intrusions"

Pros: I like that I can set a code that gets emailed to me that is required before logging in, since there are so many attempted logins from other countries. There’s a lot of personal information on my computer, so obviously I would like to keep it that way. It’s great that it’s free, but that goes without saying.

Cons: When I called customer service about all of the attempted logins from around the world, they were very unimpressed and said not to worry about it. Also, it would be a lot nicer to be able to use a keyboard and mouse just as if you were sitting at that computer instead of manipulating the screen around.

• Reviewed on 8/2/2018
Nejen R.
Application Support Tier 2
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2020

"LogMeIn Review"

Comments: Great tool and has prevented many issues with customers due to its use.

Pros: Great tool for remote sessions. Easy to access as a user and easy to provide to clients requiring assistance.

Cons: Did not like how the client needs to download the LogMeIn application in order for me to access their device. I know it is necessary but is extra work for the external user.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2020
Victor B.
IT
  • Reviewed on 10/5/2018

"We use this product on a daily basis, works great"

Pros: I like that it shows the computers online at a moments notice on the mobile cellular smart phone device.

Cons: my only issue i have with this product is that you can't transfer files with the cheaper version, that cost extra.

• Reviewed on 10/5/2018
Paul A.
IT Director
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2018

"LogMeIn is Awesome"

Pros: Complete solution with patch management, remote control, remote printing, and a antivirus/firewall suite.

Cons: Remote control sometimes gets glitchy but over all it is still pretty good.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2018
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/9/2018

"Satisfied Customer"

Comments: Except for the price, I am very please and need it for my business.

Pros: It's convenient, easy to use and is also mobile friendly

Cons: It's pricey and there is not another company compatible and they know it.

• Reviewed on 28/9/2018