Filter by:

• Overall

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Stephanie G.
Operations Assistant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/2/2021

"Amazing Inventory Tracking"

Comments: I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros: I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons: I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

• Reviewed on 24/2/2021
Dallas C.
Dallas C.
Customer Support Specialist
Consumer Electronics
  • Reviewed on 5/6/2018

"Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st century."

Comments: The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros: The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons: With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Bridget W.
Bridget W.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/1/2019

"Perfect For Our Team"

Comments: We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Pros: Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Cons: At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

• Reviewed on 21/1/2019
Benjamin B.
Cinematographer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/2/2019

"Perfect for Camera Equipment"

Comments: Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros: What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons: A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it. I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

• Reviewed on 4/2/2019
Robert F.
IT Installation Tech
  • Reviewed on 6/6/2018

"The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed."

Comments: I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros: I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons: I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort. I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action. It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

Kevin M.
Sales
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/1/2019

"Easy to use for basic inventory needs"

Comments: Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros: Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons: Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures. The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app. Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management. Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!

Audrey R.
Director of Marketing
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2020

"Get the Trial - All the Features but no commitment"

Comments: Sortly was very easy to use and they were also flexible with the trial timeline.

Pros: The trial was so easy to setup and had all of the features. I had it on my phone and an iPad for the trial. The interface is intuitive and simple. It would be great for operations trying to track simple inventory functions.

Cons: I did not really have any issues with the system. We were tying it to an existing platform so we were really going to have to rely on the exports, but it would have handled that.

Alternatives Considered: Clear Spider

• Reviewed on 22/9/2020
Natasha M.
Assistant Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/1/2019

"Excellent resource for small business!"

Comments: As a small non-profit business, our inventory changes rapidly and comes from a large variety of vendors. Having the ability to add a vendor name helps us to find items and know where we can reorder more from.

Pros: I love having the ability to scan a bar code and get the information about a product, then add that info into our data at the click of a button. Also having the ability to scan a code or search a word to find items in the data base, which prevents dual entry.

Cons: Just wish there were more items that had all the data already in the system. I assume this will increase with time. Our inventory changes rapidly so having to add all the data for a vast majority of items is quite time consuming.

Kiley A.
Youth Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

"SAIL Loan Closet"

Comments: The Customer Service has been immensely helpful to us in understanding how the app can be used to best suit the needs of our specific Loan Closet project. We had been doing things in a roundabout way and the Customer Service team was quick and kind to point out a better way to use the app.

Pros: Super fast and easy to inventory new items due to how intuitive the set up is. It has been very easy to teach other people in our office how to use the system! We can also see the exportable CSV files being a favorite feature for monthly/yearly reports in the months to come.

Cons: Twice we lost several entries/data due to updates or system errors. We were unable to recover that data which was frustrating.

Sam G.
Fuel Tech/ IT
  • Reviewed on 8/6/2018

"After 20+ years of using an outdated inventory system it was a relief to find the Sortly App."

Pros: Everything is set up and easy to use, the interface is straight forward and I was able to get straight to work within minutes. If you have a small business and are ready to get out of old ways of inventory I highly suggest Sortly.

Cons: The hashtag search feature can be a hold up sometimes when doing so many numbers with same tag. I wish there was a way to add a hashtag across an entire album instead of inputting the menu with every number. Also I noticed as inventory builds I have to refresh screen more often as some numbers would become unavailable unless I refresh the screen..

• Reviewed on 8/6/2018
Nicholas R.
Ceo
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/1/2019

"Softly ftw"

Pros: We were able to quickly inventory our whole studio

Cons: I wish there were more label formats. We had to make our own smaller labels.

• Reviewed on 24/1/2019
Anthony L.
  • Reviewed on 11/6/2018

"great user interface. Intuitive, and great customer services"

Pros: I like how it is user friendly, and an excellent organizational tool. I love that I can customize it to my organization. And I think the mobile app is excellent.

Cons: I wish there were better search options, and I wish I could capture items directly from the internet and add them to the software (like Pinterest's website browser button). Additionally, I feel like the visual graphics could be improved

Alex L.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 5/6/2018

"It does the job, still need to fine tune some features but not bad."

Pros: I like that there is a web and mobile app version of it. It's great to be able to take a photo of the item and then add it to the site.

Cons: i wish the photos can be rotated and moved around in the interface. The Add Items and add folders are not as intuitive as i like. sometimes they get mixed up when clicking

Luis marcelo M.
Luis marcelo M.
Consultor de Marca, Design e Comunicação
Design, Self Employed

"Good suprise"

Pros: At first Sortly Pro was an affordable easy-to-use collaborative tool that a team of 3 with no previous experience could use for a while. But it turned out to better than I expected. And months later I am still using it.

Cons: It's not fast, I have to say. Loading can take a lot of time.

Alex G.
  • Reviewed on 11/6/2018

"Overall great. Wish there was a better way of entering inventory faster."

Pros: Love the UX and the feature set. Also love the mobile app. Overall a great product that is easy to use across a team.

Cons: Wish it had more integrations. For example, an integration with UPS or Fedex to automatically enter packages that arrive.

Erika C.
Controller
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/6/2018

"Initially difficult as it wouldn't update between devices. great now after update."

Comments: Assists in tracking who takes what. Assists in proper inventory management.

Pros: photos. ability to move from one location to another. bar code scanning. multiple users and updating. ability to administer online.

Cons: glitches between devices. lack of flexibility for folks not completely familiar with software. Need to be able to make a purchase order with items removed for billing purposes and assign customer name. Be cool to have a PO button and you click and drag what you want to that PO instead of a folder within a folder for each customer. Then email the PO or have it saved in a PO folder. A quick restock feature would be good too.

Harrison W.
Business Analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/5/2019

"Excellent QR Code Creator"

Comments: Sortly Pro easily helps me generate and print QR labels for business sorting needs.

Pros: I love this software because it easily allows me to create dozens of QR labels and print them off. It is easy to create different categories and generate unique QR codes for each one.

Cons: One downside to using this software is that it took me a couple of hours to learn how to use all of its features. However, the website features videos which help explain the site.

• Reviewed on 27/5/2019
Justin H.
  • Reviewed on 6/6/2018

"Sortly has been a great help to our small garden."

Comments: It's the only software I know of that logs the inventory in such a user friendly fashion.

Pros: I like that it makes our inventory easy to search as it looks for any word within the description or title. I also like how simple it is to add photos.

Cons: The price tag seems a little high. The annual jump is a lot considering there are not many differences between the two. We needed additional logins and printed reports, otherwise, we would have stayed with Plus.

Julian P.
Operations Support Specialist
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

"Nova's point of view"

Comments: It keeps me in track of the quantity of items in stock and where is going to.

Pros: The fact that it can look up description of item and download the name, qty, photo and barcode.

Cons: downloading the info to create a report - I have to spend too much time cleaning the downloaded data and making a descent spreadsheet to present to boss.

Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.
Executive Assistant
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/4/2019

"LOVE this App"

Comments: I have nothing but positive things to say about the actual app. It runs smoothly and has helped me become more organized.

Pros: Best home/business inventory app out there. Incredibly user friendly.

Cons: My only complaint is it’s a bit pricey for the pro version of this app. I wish there was a one time purchase price associated with this app as opposed to a monthly/yearly subscription.

• Reviewed on 18/4/2019
Maria C.
Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/6/2018

"It made my life easier."

Comments: I can have my inventory in my phone.

Pros: What I liked the most of this app is that I can manage it from my computer or my phone. I also can upload images of any size.

Cons: The thing that I don't like is that is not that simple to make catalog of my products for my clients.

Florian A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/1/2019

"Good program! Features coming, bit expensive"

Comments: Very nice for basic inventory mgmt without long setup.

Pros: Very intuitive, nice design, VERY FAST Service (usually the same day!)

Cons: A bit expensive, some functions like use of a label printer not out yet.

• Reviewed on 22/1/2019
Jonathan R.
Marketing cordinator
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2019

"Perfect for managing your inventory"

Pros: The best part about Sortly is how easy to use it is. Works great on different platforms.

Cons: No free option for other employees to have access to just view the inventory.

Jason R.
Histologist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2019

"Sortly in the Laboratory Environment"

Comments: This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros: To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons: It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Sean W.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 28/3/2018

"Best inventory tracker I've found"

Pros: Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Cons: Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

• Reviewed on 28/3/2018