Filter by:

• Overall

About Wix

Get the freedom to create your own stunning website exactly the way you want - for free.

Learn more about Wix

Showing 6,669 reviews

Itzak L.
CEO/Owner in US
Sports, Self Employed

Easy-to-use web design for small business owners

5 3 months ago

Pros:

Gone are the days of having to know HTML code. Nowadays, anyone can make a website by simply dragging-and-dropping elements already existing on Wix. I personally use Wix for 4 of my websites - all small businesses. For those who are intimidated by starting from scratch, the templates are incredibly helpful. There is enough of a selection that you can find what you're looking for, slightly modify it, change the names, and you'll have a live website in under 10 minutes. For those who are looking for a more branded type look, even starting from scratch isn't too overwhelming because of how Wix is designed. I've also been able to connect shops to my websites that source my products, and Wix Shops has been able to update prices, inventory and process payments from online purchases easily. On one of my websites, I've been able to create an online community for my students to have access to private videos and comment on forums.

Cons:

-Wix is always running promos for deep discounts on their memberships. However, after that first year, you might have to evaluate your website plan as the price can be excessive once you're past your promo. -If you're purchasing a business email, and don't want to pay monthly anymore and just do one payment for the year, you can't. You'll have to pay monthly costs for that business email until they fix it, so if you purchase a business email, just bite the bullet and pay the annual costs so you don't have to worry about that monthly expense anymore. -When switching from desktop to mobile view, you'll obviously want your mobile look to be more seamless and easier to read. If you need anything to just show only on mobile, you need to "hide" those objects behind other objects just so you can display them in mobile only, and it can be a pain sometime to arrange this.

Editor in Argentina
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

How to be a web designer (without being one)

5 5 months ago

Comments: With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

Pros:

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

Cons:

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Although Wix is expensive, I chose it for its ease of use and user-friendly interface.

Andrew L.
Designer in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Wix is a great CMS with a few Issues

4 6 months ago

Comments: Overall it's a great platform. It has really powerful features and add-on apps that can bring life and amazing capabilities to your website. Plus they are always improving things...

Pros:

Wix is one of the best CMS website platform on the market. It requires no coding skills and very little technical skills. You do have to be pretty savvy with using design software but they offer a really cool self built templates that you just plug in your information and your good to go. After working with Wix for a couple of years it becomes easier and easier to use. I love their design templates. It makes it easy to design amazing website with little design skills.

Cons:

The biggest issue I have with Wix is that it's sometimes hard to line up images and text with their drag and drop features. Also, their mobile response feature is very weak. You will have to build the site on the desktop and then have to rearrange everything again for the mobile view which can sometimes be very tedious.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Wix: Wix had all the features I wanted and more apps and add-ons that really wowed me...

Switched From: GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix: I did not now how to use WordPress plus it did not have hosting at the time but Wix had everything I needed in one platform

Matthew P.
Matthew P.
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great service for setting up a new website!

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

Pros:

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

Cons:

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Alternatives Considered: Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix: Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Switched From: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.

Christine T.
Christine T.
PR/Marketing Consultant in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

My go-to website development tool for clients

4 9 months ago

Comments: I’ve used Wix for over 11 years and have had 100% client satisfaction. The templates have given me light speed in turnaround time for completing an entire website and warp speed when executing any requests for changes and updates from clients. It all boils down to providing excellent customer service to my clients and this web development tool makes it that much easier for me.

Pros:

More often do my clients want a website that they can easily modify and manage on their own after it’s been developed and published. When I know this to be on their wishlist for their site, I go to Wix. Not only can I quickly design a site for them without the obligation of purchasing the web hosting, they can walkthrough the product and use it before committing to it. Their platform is easy to use with plenty of opportunities to modify templates and the apps to enhance the features and functions of the site are low-cost and also easy to use.

Cons:

There are certainly some design limitations with the interface. The changes I make on desktop version doesn’t automatically take effect on the mobile version (requiring more time and effort when designing). While I do love the unstructured editor which allows me more freedom in my design, I’ve found myself just learning shortcuts and workarounds with the bugs I encounter. But for clients who aren’t as familiar with the interface, it can be a struggle.

Alternatives Considered: Squarespace

Jude M.
Freelance Design Consultant in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Create Design presence with WIX

5 last year

Comments: I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Pros:

I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Cons:

I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

Alternatives Considered: Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Affordability! However, I am contemplating buying into the premium version

Briana M.
Briana M.
Marketing Operations Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

4 2 years ago

Comments: For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Pros:

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Cons:

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist in Mexico
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Pros:

Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Cons:

I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Wix: I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website.

Switched From: Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Wix offered a more affordable price and more features than other products I had been researching.

Zee G.
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager in Ukraine

If you need a quick website...

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pros:

I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Cons:

One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix: I have used WordPress, Google Sites, Blogspot, Xanga, and Wix for websites and blog creation. I usually rely on WordPress for most of the personal tasks. However, for educational purposes with tight deadlines, Wix proved to be a good and simple to learn partner.

Rebekah K.
Body Piercing Technician/Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Buggy and Lagging

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Pros:

I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Cons:

I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

Alternatives Considered: Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix: I was referred to this website generator from one of my other colleges in my industry, and I honestly wish I would have gone with the other options I was considering.

Erik P.
Owner / Producer in US
Music, 2-10 Employees

Great for artists and start-ups

4 2 years ago

Comments: I keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It’s a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.

Pros:

After years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I’ve ever had.

Cons:

My biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it’s not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that’s why there’s Squarespace.

Jacob B.
Manager in Israel
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

5 2 years ago

Comments: Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pros:

Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website. Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Cons:

The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting. The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now. The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website. Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

Alternatives Considered: Rezgo, Squarespace and Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Wix: WIX was so much easier, saved a tremendous amount of time, had awesome professional templates, and now plays a big role with SEO and other complimentary and supplimentary services around having a website.

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Extremely easy to get started, and add to the site, it was such a wonderful all around experience in comparision to the competition: everything works as it should, its available online from any browser and work pretty smoothly, no delays in seeing edits, the ancillary services surrounding it. It was clear that a lot of time and work was put into making it a fantastic user experience.

Director in Sri Lanka
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

‘site builder for tomorrow’

5 2 years ago

Comments: with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pros:

with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system. With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Cons:

well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Ashley P.
Ashley P.
Agent Marketing Lead in US
Insurance, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pros:

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Cons:

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Christina H.
On-Air Host in US
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

Wix Functionality & Features Review

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!

Pros:

There are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.

Cons:

There isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration. The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone. Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.

Josh S.
Josh S.
Media and Communications Minister in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Get up and running with a professional looking website in not time at all and with little knowledge

5 3 years ago

Comments: I needed a website that would give the more advance user plenty of options and the more novice users the ability to still work on their portion of the site. Wix offers that. I could not be more pleased with wix

Pros:

There are not enough words to be able to affectingly describe how much I love wix and their website building platform. Being someone who is a designing and uses many Adobe design software, I feel very at home with Wix website editor. Everything is laid right there in front of you and there are very few page limitations. You can drag and drop elements, put text or pictures where you want to, then edit there look with the built in tools. How you see it is what you get. You can even check what it will look like on a mobile phone and edit that separately from your desktop website. So if there is an element that works on a desktop browser but not a mobile phone, not worries, just hide it from the mobile version. There are a nice supply of free app or add on option that Wix supplies for free but there are also some great third party apps that you can add to your plan if you are needing something more. And if not of those options work, there is also the option for coding your own.

Cons:

My only current complaint with Wix is the lack of ability of giving a team member access to only edit a certain part of the website. It would be nice to be able to give someone access only to their portion of the website to edit instead of the whole website site. There are too many people that I worry will mess up something larger by accident if they have access to the whole site so I end up having to do it all myself.

Lacey N.
Marketing Director in US

Perfect for DIY websites

5 4 years ago

Comments: Easy DIY websites
Assistance with SEO
Info on ways to improve the site with their weekly newsletter
Advanced functions

Pros:

Wix makes website building easy. I've built several websites on this platform and always get great results. There are hundreds of templates to choose from and they are easy to customize. I also love that Wix keeps up with trends and sends helpful hints via email when new options become available. They seem to be ahead of the curve. They've recently introduced a different way to build a website. Instead of picking the template and customizing, the software asks questions about the web page and company, establishes your preferences in color and style - then builds the website for you. It's revolutionary and I love the results. My clients have all loved this new option and it saves me a ton of time. This option is easy to customize too and the layouts the software picks are very modern. I also love all the add ons you can put on the website. I use the social feeds, blogging, event registration forms, and photo gallery add ons frequently.

Cons:

My only real criticism of Wix is that many of the add-ons offer basic functions, however in order to get true functionality you have to pay for the add-on. I've encountered this a lot in the event registrations, forms, booking, and social feeds. I often find myself rethinking putting add ons on the website because the free version almost never has all the functions I need. I understand Wix is a business however and needs to find additional sources of revenue.

Carlos benjamin G.
Carlos benjamin G.
IT Manager in Mexico
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Easy But Lack of Posibilities

4 2 years ago

Comments: It is Easy and Great, But you need to configure the Email servers in order to function correctly, also, it creates a new dependency, if Wix Server is down, your email is Down, is your email server is down, your email is down. It Costs, but it is ok.

Pros:

It is Extremely Easy to Create your Web Page There, Just a Few clicks and done, You have a Nice Designed Web Page, Great for Beginners and people that doesnt know nothing about how to create the Web Page.

Cons:

It Lacks of a lot of functionalities, so you are stucked on what they have for you, you cannot do new stuff or creative stuff more in deepth, Also it costs, so it is not good for experienced people, as they should be using Word PRess instead.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Wix: Square Space is now Obsolete on User Interface.

Reasons for Switching to Wix: At the end we changed to Wordpress, Was Also Easy, FREE and more customizable. Wix over other the first time, was because the Designer was the one about to take the maintenance of the web page as was easier for them, then later we the IT team take other the page and moved into Wordpress.

Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant in US
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

Freedom In Wix

5 2 years ago

Comments: I think it's a great starting software for those making their website for the first time and truly guides it users through the process. It also carries the capacity to reach further with a paid subscription that's well within its worth.

Pros:

Our company was looking for free software that could really express the presence of our brand during our development stage. That's when I came across Wix. Its free access really alleviated the pressure of finding a good site that would require a monthly payment. With that, my favorite aspect of Wix is the lengthy package it provides with the design and how easy it is to snap the elements, you're looking for, into place.

Cons:

I do wish that the software would give more freedom and length to the design boundaries. Sometimes there will be a lot of margin space left outside of the layout boxes. It is free software, but something as minor as that will make a difference.

Alternatives Considered: Weebly

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Wix had a more professional approach to its design that made it more alluring. Thus, the choice to create a website with them was a great one.

Lissa Y.
owner in US
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

So easy to use!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have saved so much time administering, editing my website with Wix. So easy to use and everything on the platform is easy to find. I just upgraded to a different level so I have even more features available to me now.

Pros:

The software is very easy to use to set up a website. Many levels for different site and user needs. It is very intuitive. Wix customer service is excellent and very responsive. Lots of apps to add to your site to truly customize for your use.

Cons:

Not about the software, but I wish Wix had direct lines to tech support. You have to go online and either submit a ticket and get answers/issues handled via email, or request a callback. (Callbacks come fairly quickly.) But you have to go through this drill down checklist to identify your problem before you can get a support ticket or request the call back. Sometimes I have multiple questions that don't fit their tech support screening.

Alternatives Considered: Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix: The WordPress template I chose was extremely complicated to use and required a lot of coding. WordPress tech support was difficult to access and not terribly helpful. Frequently received "vulnerability" issues with the WordPress site. the site was also very slow to load on WordPress.

Christina A.
Christina A.
IT Tech in US

Love this website builder!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I'm creating a website for my clients landscaping and tree services business, and Wix is making it very easy for me to achieve what I want without having to learn coding. I like wix better than others I've tried, and I've tried almost every one I could find online.

Pros:

Wix is great for building websites with no experience and no coding skills. They have about 60 pre made templates in tons of categories, they also have an AI website builder that you can edit and change later in the editor. There is a nice selection of content boxes already laid out, so all you have to do is drag and drop them where you want. They have a good selection of icons and vector art, stock photos and cool videos.

Cons:

I don't like how you have to pay to use a stock photo from shutterstock on Wix, they have the best photos. I'm not too fond kf the wix editor when adding a whole new page, because they don't let you add a pre laid page like other builders do. You have to add a blank page and add all your own sections and match sizes of elements which isn't for me since I don't have much experience in web building yet. The AI editor has pre made page templates, for instance I need a services page, I found about 7 in AI editor but I can't use them since I didn't start building my site with AI. I hope they change this in the near future.

Michael S.
Michael S.
Founder in US

Wix is great for beginners and advanced users

4 2 years ago

Comments: Easiest to replicate, and launch new businesses and get clients onboarded. Also great for agencies who create websites on behalf of clients. The templates can all be adjusted, and easy to customzie quickly. Then give clients control.

Pros:

Very easy to use for newbies, and for power users Wix can help you launch websites quickly. It is an excellent alternative to Wordpress which is too technical for most newbies. I would recommend this for someone who has a small budget to build their own website as long as they are comfortable on a computer this quite intuitve to launch and maintain a new website.

Cons:

Pricing has increase recently making it less favorable. When Wix first came out you wouldn't see many upsells. Now the whole services has upsells built into it.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Wix: Wordpress too difficult to use for most new users.

Switched From: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Wordpress to difficult to use for most clients.

Josh B.
Josh B.
Managing Member in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Great for Small Business with Sufficient Features

4 2 months ago

Comments: If you need a simple solution for your business this could be a great option. It's much easier than other products/software that requires coding (although that is an option if you'd like that.) The other features are plentiful even if not totally efficient or customizable 100% of the time.

Pros:

Arguably Wix's best feature is its actual website building capability. Of course, you need a standard upgrade to get a nice URL and to eliminate ads, but this is anywhere. The drag and drop features are generally simple enough to work with, but complex enough to achieve a variety of needs and be flexible. If one wanted, they could really use this as their all-in-one business management platform.

Cons:

Some features are a bit archaic and uncompromising. Wix Payments is pretty subpar and incredibly slow, invoicing has not been updated in years it seems and lacks some basic features, and the same glitches in booking and scheduling still exist.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Simpler format and didn't require coding.

Emma F.
Owner in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Almost Perfect...

4 10 months ago

Comments: Overall I really have liked Wix but unless they resolve the limitation of not having responsive web design, I will have to switch platforms.

Pros:

Wix is a great website development platform for those who want to create their own website without having to be limited by Squarespace's templates or getting too technical with a Wordpress site and all the plugins and extras needed there. There are a few different ways to design a site so whether you want to use a template or fully develop your own site, Wix will work for you.

Cons:

The major (and really only) downside I have found with Wix is that the websites are not automatically responsive (so the mobile view needs a lot of redesigning in order to look and function well). This is a HUGE con because most users today browse the web with their mobile devices. While you can make some adjustments to the mobile view, you are quite restricted and it takes a lot of back and forth to come up with designs that work on mobile and look great on desktop.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix: Other than the responsive limitation, Wix was the most cost-effective and promising option at the time.

Edwin O.
Edwin O.
Administrative Assistant in Kenya
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees

WiX the best artificial web designer and database creator

4 10 months ago

Comments: With WiX software I am able to customize my webpage or website easily and faster in relation to its fast speed and efficiency. It is easier to use regardless if one has less knowledge about the software since it has an interactive interface.

Pros:

First of all what I like about this software is that drag and drop component, with this feature one is able to create a smart, attractive and functioning website within the shortest time possible. Another thing I like about this software is that of the interface, it is really simple and interactive thereby making it easy for any user to use it. Another thing I like about this software is that it is safe and pace at which the software works is marvelous. WiX enables one be able to edit and perform all operations concerning a website easily and faster. Lastly with this software one is able to upload their products and online on their ecommerce websites.

Cons:

Even though it is better to drag and drop rather than coding, dragging and dropping lowers your creativity in that coming up with a full complete design is hard. Another thing I don't like about this software pop up notification. It asks you every time to upgrade the software even when you've already bought the premium services. Another thing I didn't like about this software is the add-ons on the software when you click on some of them, it asks you to register and pay for them. Lastly what I least like about this software is domain, though it is preferred for one to buy domain it is not cheap in WiX and at some point in time the domain registries may fluctuate thereby it is not fixed or static.