Wix Reviews

4.4 (9,184) Write a Review!

About Wix

Create, manage and grow your online presence for your business, blog, store and more with Wix’s intuitive website creation platform.

Learn more about Wix

Pros:

Lots of great features: great design tools, great templates, beautiful fonts, and easy to drag and drop functions.

Cons:

Absolutely awful customer service and support when things go wrong (which they do, daily).

Wix ratings

4.4
4.2
4.2
4.3

8.1/10

Wix has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 9,184 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Wix before?

Filter reviews (9,184)

Christian Aishaddle
Christian Aishaddle
Social Media Manager in Philippines
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Wix has plenty of plugins and features which I love, but the wide range of tools is the best it has to offer, making online store management simple and convenient.

Pros:

Aside from its user-friendly features, such as the ability to create good-looking websites without having to learn how to code, Wix also provides excellent value for money due to the wide range of features. We tried the free version and it's excellent, but the Business Unlimited Plan, which includes unlimited bandwidth and e-commerce tools for creating our own online store, is surprisingly worth the money.

Cons:

It has a lot of features and it's free with some limitations, but you have to apply for its specific plans to get access to extra features. For example, if you intend to sell anything on your site, selling features are only available on e-commerce plans, and so on.

Joseph
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Wix customer service and the user friendliness of the wix editor

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have been a user/customer for 2 years and have never had one issue

Pros:

The seamless integration and the user friendliness

Cons:

Nothing perfect the way it is. Everything is just laid out perfectly

Steven
Worker in US
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Wix Review

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s was great.

Pros:

Wix is such a good way to not just create a good website but to be able to monotone off it, it’s almost perfect.

Cons:

There are bugs and inconsistencies when it comes to the websites but it’s expected.

Caitlyn
Editor-In-Chief in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Wix is the perfect website management platform training wheels

Comments: The platform was great at first, when I was just starting out. However, when I moved up to using the paid plan, it didn't really seem to improve from being the basic package it was to begin with. All of the supposedly upgraded features only basically worked. My site still looked as one customer described it, "Super Hacky." Enabling multiple sections, posting videos, and having large amounts of people in the forums at once caused the site to lag. There was issues with overall design management capabilities of the site. However, I would still recommend it to someone who was looking for something they could use as a one page, landing page, blog and maybe integrate their merch store. Other than that, if you are looking for something that you can use for a more professional website hosting platform, I would choose something else that is more capable of handling something large scale.I would also recommend, if you are going to use it for a landing page or a blog, do not enable the ability for people to become members of your site. The reason for this is, there is a significant problem with spammers and scammers creating membership accounts and flooding your inbox. Then, when you try to delete and block these users from making accounts, it is made extremely difficult. Finally, when you try to get a hold of support to help you solve the problem, you are not able to get into contact with an actual person to help you.

Pros:

It is great for anyone who needs to get experience managing a website for their small business. It is also great for someone who is just looking for a basic landing page sort of platform for their blog.

Cons:

The biggest issue I have is the fact that it is very difficult to block bot accounts and scammers and spammers from becoming members of your site and filling the inbox with spam. I contacted support several times about solving this problem and since support is not run by an actual person and is completely automated, it seems, I was able to get no help.The other issue was the fact it kept trying to give me options for "my restaurant," even though I filled out the questionnaire and was clearly set up as a publisher/entertainment company.

Godswill
Godswill
Content Creator in Nigeria
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees

Review for Wix.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Wix is a popular web development platform that offers a range of features and tools that make it easy for users to create and manage professional-looking websites without the need for coding knowledge.Some users may appreciate Wix's user-friendly drag-and-drop interface, which allows them to easily add and customize various elements on their website. Others may find the platform's wide range of templates and design options useful for creating visually appealing websites that reflect their brand and style.In addition, Wix provides tools for SEO optimization, social media integration, and e-commerce functionality, which can be helpful for users who want to increase the visibility, reach, and sales of their website.Overall, Wix offers a comprehensive set of web development and management tools that can be useful for a variety of purposes.

Cons:

It is difficult to generalize about what I like or dislike about the software, as opinions and experiences can vary significantly from person to person. I had a positive experience with Wix based on the fact that I'm a designer and digital marketer, but others may have had negative experiences.One potential concern that some users may have about Wix is the cost of using the platform. While Wix offers a range of pricing plans, including a free option, some users may find that the cost of the paid plans is higher than they are willing to pay.Another potential concern is the limited flexibility of Wix's templates and design options. While Wix offers a wide range of templates and design options, some users may find that they are not able to customize their website as much as they would like, or that the templates do not meet their specific needs.

Manager in France
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

easy-to-use, intuitive drag-and-drop editor, but expensive

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, using WIX has been positive. Designing our website was easy and straightforward. However, the price is high, and we decided to look for alternatives.

Pros:

While Wix's drag-and-drop editor is easy to use, editing can be slow at times due to the web browser’s inability to process data quickly. You can also create your own themes from scratch or choose from their existing ones if you prefer not to do so yourself. There are templates for specific industries like there are for Squarespace or Weebly, but this may be less necessary since you can design your own site as needed using Wix’s tools instead of relying on premade layouts designed by others who specialize in those fields.The site builder is easy to use and can help you create a professional-looking website in no time. Wix’s blog editor is easy to navigate, and there are many templates available for different types of blogs.

Cons:

-Wix is expensive, especially if you end up needing more than one site.-The Wix App Market is not as robust as the WordPress Marketplace, but plenty of apps are still available.Additional email accounts are expensive, and you can only have one free domain. Wix’s website builder is the most popular but has drawbacks. The free version of Wix allows you to create a basic website with a handful of templates, but if you want to add more than one page to your site or use any of their premium features,

tommy
director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

I love wix's customer service

4.0 4 days ago New

Comments: I love wix because of its customer service and that is what keeps me here

Pros:

easy way to access top notch techs and I have been delighted by this and this is the only reason I still have wix

Cons:

without its customer service I think the service would not attract the non techy joe

Dallas
Dallas
Marketing Agency Partner in Canada

WIX has all of the TRICKS you need to succeed!

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

WIX made web design, eCommerce and payment processing a breeze. If I had any issues I was always able to get in touch with a WIX support member within the hour. I love how I never feel alone or out of the loop!

Cons:

I wish there was more creative freedom within the provided framework. Nonetheless we are extremely happy with the results we received.

Joel
Joel
founder/owner in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

We Love Wix!!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Its. a great professional look for small business owners.

Pros:

The easy layout for website development for our customers to take on the design after we are finished building it for them.

Cons:

It was a bit of a issue loading specific image and video links to the website if its from apple.

Atangabua
Software developer in Cameroon

Working with wix

4.0 last month New

Comments: I was able to build stunning website that attracted many clients.

Pros:

Customization of templates is easy. Multiple features available for building stunning websites.

Cons:

Latency in dragging components at times.

Steve
Owner in US

After 15 years of use I still love it!

Comments: Dispute the non existent customer service I have loved wix.

Pros:

I’ve been using Wix for over 15 years and I still love it! The sites are still fast, very easy to build a great looking site, and they have a lot of great templates! I also love the other features they offer such as the AI web designer, logo designer, mailbox options, and even business number. I’ve designed hundreds of sites through wix and I absolutely love wix! There are a few annoyances which I’ll list below.

Cons:

The biggest thing for me is the customer service. Whenever I’ve had technical issues they really have been hard to contact and not quick to respond. The other issue I have is the business phone number. It really is disappointing. When a call comes through it displays my business name, not who’s calling. So I can’t see if it’s a client or spam (and spam happens a lot). I contacted them about this several times and never heard back. Stick with Sideline in my opinion.

Ceo in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great for a wide array of industries

Comments: Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Pros:

I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Cons:

It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Amy
Fund-Raising, Self Employed

You may not need coding for wix but it's definitely complicated none the less

Comments: Customer service and helpful assistance when having issues with your site is just not there I would not recommend this company to anyone!

Pros:

I love the variety of templates you can choose from it makes initially setting up the website very easy keyword initially.

Cons:

I felt there were a lot of hidden fees. By this I mean you think you're getting a good deal when you first try to set up your website however it is very basic and rudimentary for the basic deal and you have to get up into the most expensive deal for any kind of extras you may want any kind of extras!! By the time I was done with what I thought was a basic website I was at their highest level of payment this was extreme disappointment being I was trying to run a fundraising website for my service dog and his vet bills. Also when I went to transfer everything to another site it was found not to be able to be copied. It claims you can copy it to another site but when we contacted support nobody responded back when we had trouble with the SEO nobody responded back they were not helpful in any way when they did respond back because they would just tell us to read the FAQ which did not answer our question. Customer service is extremely lacking!

Mark
Design, 2-10 Employees

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

Comments: Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

Pros:

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

Cons:

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

Sarah
Marketing Coordinator in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

Comments: I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pros:

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Cons:

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

Avash
Avash
Web Designer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist in Nepal

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Comments: Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros:

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too. With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price. Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons:

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible. Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Aurora
Registered Kinesiologist in Mexico
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

Comments: As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Pros:

Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Cons:

I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Jacob
Manager in Israel
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Comments: Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pros:

Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website. Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Cons:

The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting. The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now. The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website. Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

Eli
President in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

Comments: I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros:

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons:

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

papa arona
warehouse officer in Senegal
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

incredible website builder

Comments: Wix Templates are ready-made website templates that you can customize to make your own website. This is really the strong point of Wix, they offer an impressive gallery of Site Templates classified by Categories, for any type of activity.
The Wix editor is easy to use.
The editor works in true drag-and-drop mode which gives you a great freedom of creation. You can place the elements absolutely anywhere on the page. In terms of design, Wix is simply the best editor I have tested so far.
The Wix platform provides technical means to implement the SEO strategy that you have previously defined.
Another originality of Wix that I appreciate is the possibility to add features to your website as you need them. You simply pick applications (also called Widgets) from the App Market provided by Wix or other external providers.
These applications enrich your website with additional tools and services such as an image gallery, a blog, a news feed, a list of Facebook fans, Twitter...
The integration of an application is very simple, and is done in one click! This gives a real added value to your website.
You can create a good quality Blog with Wix by activating the Blog module on a page. There are 6 predefined layouts for the Blog, but you can customize a lot more.
The article editor is nice and well designed as you can see in the image above. It is very easy to add text, images or even video.
The online help is easily accessible from any element of the editor.

Pros:

- Clean and professional design. - Easy to create. - Very affordable budget, good quality/price ratio - Intuitive tool and quick to learn. - Presence of basic site optimization parameters (SEO) - Range of applications to add features to your site (eg: booking, email marketing, calendar, ads ... etc) - Easy contact management with Wix's holistic contact management

Cons:

- No access to the HTML/CSS source code - No email address associated with your domain name - In case of design change, you have to redo all the content - Wix doesn't provide the analytics for its free plan.

Charles
Chief Technology Officer in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

Comments: I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

Pros:

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Cons:

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Christina
On-Air Host in US
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

Wix Functionality & Features Review

Comments: Overall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!

Pros:

There are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.

Cons:

There isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration. The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone. Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.

Ashley
Ashley
Agent Marketing Lead in US
Insurance, 201-500 Employees

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pros:

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Cons:

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Director in Sri Lanka
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

‘site builder for tomorrow’

Comments: with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pros:

with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system. With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Cons:

well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Serena
Designer in Argentina
Design, Self Employed

We can all use it (at least on the easy version)

Comments: Extra: As I said before, I've been working on Wix during the last month. I'm not designing a normal website, I'm doing an interactive infographic (whaaaaat???). Yes, Design teachers offered us some websites to design this kind of infographics, truth is that there are many tools thought for this task, such as genial.ly, but no one offers really interactive and versatile choices as wix does. It's really confortable to makek this kind of interactions on a website designer.
Needless to say i'm not using templates, I design everything on Ai and Ps and add them to the UI as pictures or vectors.
Some years before, I first used this app for making a portfolio, in that moment I used a template, but I changed it a lot so it didn't look like my classmates websites. One more point for me, one more point for Wix!

Pros:

Personally speaking, i'm not in favor of using templates, and I think any properly called designer should. But, we must understand this app is not thought for designers only, so, templates designs are not bad at all. They are quite simple, customizable and versatile no matter what you need to show on your website. They look so modern too! I don't think it's the best tool for a complete business website but, for example, it's useful to design menus, cataloges, present a brand, or even yourself (portfolios), usign it as a tool to complement your job. -At least with templates, the blank design tool will give you more chances to show whatever you want.- For the most experienced designers I sugest working on vectorial and photographic apps at first, and do never use templates, but your resources with the interactions the UI offers.

Cons:

About the cons, I don't think this app has many limitations for a normal user, but designers could have some issues. During the last month I've been working there and the limitation I found was that "cursor effects" are only available on boxes, so if I want to put this effect on an object, I need to put a square box over the object. Altough boxes are invisible, it really changes the experience. Something similar happens with vectors (properly saved on .svg). If you want to made them clickable, the square that delimitates its form will be clickable too, really unconfortable. I never needed to conect a domain, but plans are quite expensive among other apps, check what's better for you.