15 years helping Irish businesses

About Canva

Design and publish anything in a few clicks. From brochure to video, access thousands of templates, images, videos, and more for free.

Learn more about Canva

Pros:

As someone who does not specialize in marketing or social media posts this app has been a God-send. It is very easy to use, easy to navigate, and easy to implement.

Cons:

The only defect of this app is for sure that it is not completely free. For those who do not use it professionally or are not yet able to invest money it ends up becoming bad.

Canva ratings

4.7
4.4
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

Canva has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 11,886 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Canva before?

Filter reviews (11,886)

Kayiira
Kayiira
Head of Department in Uganda
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Canva the latest InDesign tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good experience that merges photo editing to website design.

Pros:

1. Easy deployment and setup. 2. They have a free version which is good for learning about the software before committing to purchase 3. Gives you alot of templates to choose from.

Cons:

1. the free version doesn't allow landscape mode. 2. The design part isn't as extensive as photoshop.

Aline
marketing digital in Brazil
Internet, Self Employed

Canva is easy to use

5.0 last week New

Comments: I love Canva, I use it daily to create images and videos. I noticed that it has been improving more and more, especially in terms of videos and with this it helps us a lot to do incredible things.

Pros:

The ease and practicality of finding models, elements and resources, so that you feel like a designer who knows how to make models for companies through great resources, where over time you will be able to do better things than in Photoshop.

Cons:

It needs a little more resources, so that we can get close to Photoshop when it comes to static images. Because many resources we have to do a "jump" to look like what we do in Photoshop and as a result we waste a little time.

Rahul
Founder and CEO in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Its amazing Software That Saves Your time

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I Using The Canva From from past 4 years & i have the premium subscription of it it's amazing i can create the marketing post from anywhere I don't need to sit home for creating posts. Many of the time i use to travel by train & my client call me to create a post i used to open the app & create in few minutes

Pros:

It Has Many Templates Which Make our work more easy & its easy to use as well..

Cons:

The Thing that it has very limited designs & everytime i need to buy the themes & desgings

Eldar
Media Editor And Manager in Israel
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Canva is great for fast and good graphic desings

Comments: Canva is great for anyone who needs fast graphic designs on a weekly basis. It's easy and fast to use, and you can start for free.

Pros:

1.Easy to use and intuitive , even for graphic design beginners. 2.Has pre-sized templates for the main social media platforms and common size formats. (Replaced "size templates" with "pre-sized templates" for clarity) 4.Offers a huge library of graphic elements, even in the free version. 5.Includes great auto-tools like background removal, image outlining, and filters.

Cons:

There are some limitations for basic video editing. It's better for presentations, but I would prefer more options to edit videos on a traditional timeline, rather than a "PowerPoint" style method. Multiple users can use the same designs for logos ect.

tayseer
HR executive in Bahrain
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Amazing affordable app

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love that Canva has free version Available, and it almost gives you the full experience of canva, you can use it both on mobile and on a PC. it has a variety of pre-designed layouts and templates that you can use to save time and its suitable for all tastes, pictures and graphics quality is high. i love how it has AI tools which you can use in your designs , some of them can even create logos and different elements. you can use it for school presentation, to create videos and reels. It's really the all in one designing app.

Cons:

It's an online graphic design tool so if you don’t have Internet access, you won’t be able to use it. you can't download designs with transparent backgrounds in the free version ( it will be white)

Chenele
Artist in South Africa
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Canva is the best!

4.0 last month New

Comments: Canva is a really awesome app to work with! Love the creativity!

Pros:

The fact that you can use different templates and add filters to change and manipulate your pictures designs.

Cons:

There is actually nothing to complain about.

iretomiwa
A Movie Cover Maker in US
Design, Self Employed

Why You Should Definitely

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love Canva because Canva is a versatile design platform that caters to all skill levels. With its user-friendly interface, extensive image library, and AI-powered features, creating eye-catching visuals has never been easier. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned designer, Canva empowers you to bring your ideas to life.And you should definitely use it.

Cons:

While Canva is a versatile design tool, one limitation I’ve encountered is the lack of a built-in accurate alignment feature.

Rhea Mae
Rhea Mae
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Canva- Freelancer's Life Made Easy!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Canva is user-friendly, especially for someone like me who isn't very tech-savvy. It enables me to use my time effectively on my client who are asking me to do a brand template, particularly with design, colors, and fonts that are easy to access and high-quality. I can also easily share information with my kids, who have a lot of schoolwork that benefits from this kind of platform.

Pros:

With Canva, I can help my client maintain consistent branding by saving their colors, logos, and fonts all in one place. It is easy to navigate and allows me to create multiple designs within a single file.

Cons:

The thing I like least about Canva is that it doesn't have enough high-quality photos that can be used for marketing and advertising designs or templates.

Mirian
Mirian
Secretaria in Brazil
Retail, Self Employed

I like Canva because it's easier to create professional content and designs

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I use Canva on a daily basis. And the tool makes my job a lot easier. It has plenty of images, graphics, and videos, as well as an easy-to-use editor to create whatever you want.

Pros:

I like Canva because it's very easy and simple to create ads, and it has a lot of features and will activate your creativity.

Cons:

There should be more photos in the free version, and also some images that are better in the paid version. However, I understand that the site has to have a financial return.

Brent
Brent
Director in Australia
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

A Real Estate Agent's Best Friend

5.0 last month New

Pros:

As a real estate agent, I rely heavily on Canva for creating my social media content. The functionality and ease of use ensure I can always provide great, professional-looking posts. Canva’s intuitive design tools and extensive library of templates, images, and fonts make it easy to produce eye-catching visuals, even with a busy schedule. [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

Additionally, some premium features and assets require a subscription, which can be a downside if you're looking for a fully free tool.

Victoria
Accountant Clerk in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Perfect for Crafting!

Comments: I actually use Canva for business purposes. I use it in conjunction with my Cricut machine and it is perfect! I've made price lists, notebook covers, coloring book pages, water bottle labels and I'll probably be using it for so much more. I love it, it's my go-to for everything! If you haven't tried it out yet, you are missing out! I suggest watching some youtube videos as well. Great for Marketing purposes!

Pros:

The best part of Canva is the ease of use! I love all of the options and examples they have with the templates. They have so many template sizes for logos, flyers, facebook headers, business cards, and so many more. -Probably my favorite thing about the program is the autosave feature, which saves changes while your working on a project, you don't understand how much of a lifesaver that really is until you actually lose your work! - I like that there is an upload section so you can reuse certain images for different projects. The 'uploads' and 'your designs' are two different folders. -I actually just noticed that you can add videos to a project which is a plus for any social media platform. -I use a few different editing/design apps but I love the fact that Canva has both a mobile app and a desktop site. 'Over' doesn't have a desktop site yet and PicMonkey's app doesn't have the same capabilities whereas Canva app does EXACTLY what the desktop site does if not more -Another plus is the custom dimensions when you go to create a new project. Other sites do have that but they don't all have px, cm, mm, and inch options. -The 30-day trash folder is another lifesaver, even when you agree to permanently delete sometimes you don't really mean it lol I just went through every page to make sure I talked about everything if you cant

Cons:

-So I'm actually checking it right now because I honestly couldn't think of any cons I used to have an issue searching for free images to use as backgrounds on desktop but it looks like they fixed it! -I know I do hate when I add a background/image to a project and I go to expand it to fit the blank "canvas" the dimensions of the image don't stay and it stretches it and it gets blurry. If I notice anything else I'll come back and add if i'm able to but as of right now my main and only issue is not being able to

Carolyn
Tax Analyst in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easiest Design Program EVERRRR

Comments: The user-friendly interface, hundreds (if not thousands) of templates, and ability to create designs with a mobile app have me sold on this software. The "business" or "pro" version of Canva comes at a minimal cost of ~$13 per month if you want all the bells and whistles. Otherwise, one could easily use the free version with no issues or limitations, other than not having as much access to the library of free images and graphics.

Pros:

Canva is easy to learn so you can start creating designs almost right away. There is also a huge library of images and graphics to choose from so you don't have to constantly upload your own images and graphics just to make simple designs. I also LOVE all the pre-made, FREE templates they have available to their users.

Cons:

There are certain design functions and features that Canva has not yet implemented. For example, it would be really nice if there was a text-bending feature, to curve text around graphics, images, or other text. It would also be nice to have layers. Nothing extensive, but for example, I'd love to make a rose-gold text from a font "layer" and a rose gold "layer" by merging the two and "cutting out" my text to create a rose-gold font.

Thomas
Thomas
Program Manager in US
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees

Simple and Sleek design with decent functionality

Comments: Overall Canva is a great program whether using the free templates and graphics or unlocking their super high quality paid templates and graphics. Either way you won't be disappointed. I've been using Canva for a while and they keep getting better. It's real helped me on my Facebook post to educate my customers and make high quality infographics.

Pros:

This tool is great for quickly creating infographics for real estate educational pieces that you can post on your social media platforms. Canva has templates for all types of postings that are fairly easy to customize. If you know the look and feel of the design you're going for then just flip through their large selection of templates, select the one you want, and make the adjustments you desire. It's that easy. The functionality is limited but powerful enough for almost any task. One positive to the limited functionality is that you don't get overwhelmed with all the options like some other programs which leaves you getting stuck in an endless loop of trying to find the "best" font or the best transitions. It's a simple, clean, inexpensive tool. Also, the export and import features are great. You can import your own photos, logos, etc. and the export function let's you export your creation to a bunch of different formats for whatever platform you want to share on. It's a great program with a large volume of quality stock images, graphics, fonts and templates to tackle any presentation. It works seamlessly with our real estate posts.

Cons:

One downside to the software is the difficulty of changing the location of certain items in the layout. It can be cumbersome when compared to some of the other programs out there to relocate items within the presentation. The only other downside is that a lot of the graphics and templates are not free so you options are limited with the free version.

Kristine
Receptionist in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

You can do it all on CANVA! You are only limited to your imagination.

Comments: Using and becoming familiar with CANVA has been a privilege I'm honored to have. My flyer making skills are now comparable to those who use expensive software's such as Illustrator or Photoshop, without the hassle of having to go through trainings or paying those hefty prices. It has made creating posts for social media so much easier and enjoyable. Editing on CANVA is a breeze, not even Publisher can compare.

Pros:

My job demands flyers, banners and marketing materials to be made daily. You don't need a fancy software to do any of those things, all you need is CANVA. Canva is beyond user friendly. They give you all the tools needed to create any project, right at your fingertips. They are constantly adding new features and improving their old ones. They have plenty of templates to choose from which you can make your own or you can start completely from scratch. Although the paid version obviously has better options when it comes to clipart and different elements, however, there are a ton of free options to choose from that are sometimes just as good! I am constantly recommending CANVA to people in all different lines of work, because it really does work for anyone and anything.

Cons:

The thing I like least about CANVA, which is in no way a deal breaker, is having to pay for the full version in order to have access to the best clipart/elements. However, I have always been able to complete my work and am always pleased with the finished product, all while using the free version.

Nicole
Executive Assistant in Canada
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

A MUST TRY and a MUST HAVE!

Comments: EXCELLENT!!!
I create EVERYTHING using this site!!

Pros:

The variety of options as to what you can create and libraries to choose from! Templates, animations

Cons:

Honestly, I have nothing negative to say. I have already recommended it to many other agencies......

Rajesh
Rajesh
Co-Founder in Bangladesh
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Shape Your Imagination with Easy Functionality

Comments: My overall experience with Canva is too good. It is an one stop solution for me. Whether I need to make content for social media platforms or my blogs, I always use Canva. Because of its simplicity, I would never think about any alternative options of Canva.

Pros:

Simply put, Canva has changed my life, and career. Being a blogger, I need to design a lot for my content. Specially, when it comes to creating infographic, Canva is unbeatable. You can choose from tons of professional templates and easily shape your imagination. Whether you need to design a photo for facebook, twitter or blogpost, Canva has everything tp support you. Honestly, it made my life easier. I can easily access tons of resources from stock photos to mind-blowing icons, Canva has everything right in the place so that I don't need to struggle a bit. The download options are also pretty much handy. In a nutshell, if you don't have enough design skill, still you can do some great professional looking design when you have canva in your side.

Cons:

I think there are still rooms for development. Canva should think about bringing more stock photos, videos, etc. They should also develop a well-organized internal filling system. Updating the tools to make our life easier would be a plus point as well. Besides, the photo retouching capabilities of Canva should also be improved. The photo adjustments control of Canva is not up to the mark yet. If they improve these few things, Canva will be truly invincible in the design tool industry.

Bruno
Student in Portugal
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

Canva - the new way of presentation

Comments: Canva has been and amazing experience, I use it both for professional and personal. Either I want to make a professional presentation or invite some friends to a event.

Pros:

Canva is, in fact, a new and amazing way of making presentation. It is no longer necessary to use powerpoint and present in a old way. Besides that, if we want to create a facebook ad or send an invitation, just use Canva to create your templates- mainly for free!

Cons:

The software still can improve, and that´s fine. The customer service should be easier to achieve and Canva should keep investing in free templates, to cauth new users!

Nikk
Founder in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

More than photo and video editing

Comments: As a photographer I need professional image editing software, Canva fell just a little short but it provides so much more that I utilize on a daily basis.
I created our current logo using Canva and I get compliments all the time. Other business owners ask me where I had it made and would I refer them. I love telling them that I made it myself using Canva.

Pros:

Canva provides many creative services. Create a logo for your business and create advertisements that can be printed or shared on social media. Create data visualization for your own use or to share with team members Edit images - filter, blur, light adjustment, resize, layer, remove or replace background, etc. Edit videos or create your own using the animated library. Any design can be started from a blank slate or with a customizable template. When exporting files users can choose from a variety of formats and destinations. Imported files are stored. I'm always impressed with the libraries and the quality of search and filter. Search Canvas entire library or filter to photos, backgrounds, graphics, charts and graphs, frames, templates, and more.

Cons:

Canva does have great editing tools but they aren't the best available. Video editing specifically could be better. Canva free is restrictive and requires the user to sort through piles of paid items to find free items, no filter.

Dhairya
Founder & CEO in India

Best Editing Software for Agencies, Small Business Owners

Comments: One of the best software purchases i have done in a while, so much so that I have made other agency friends and freelancers who typically work on photoshop/coral draw start using this and they are hooked as well.

Pros:

Ease of use is the primary thing you will see in pretty much all the features available on Canva.While the list of Pros is huge, here are the points we decided to go ahead for a paid version after using free for a while and why I feel its a no brainer - 1. Easy team integration2. Plathora of templates.3. Templates for pretty much every design need you may have - I have made our pitch decks using templates from Canva, not knowing what to add, it was of great help, YT banner, client creatives, logos, banners, print ads, and whole lot of things, all within mins.4. Create your own templates.5. Unlimited storage is a great add on a lot of people miss.6. Almost never crashes.7. Free courses to help you get started even on design fundamentals to make you a good designer.8. Adding brand guidelines for multiple brands.9. Scheduling content on social media apps.

Cons:

The video editing features which are available as of now are at a very nascent stage, however, given the fact that they don't have it as a primary objective it still does a decent job, if they solve this then this would become a no brainer for any business owner to have in their arsenal.

Real Estate Agent in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

CANVA 2.0: A Step Sideways

Comments: The original Canva 1.0 rates all 5 Stars. Easy to use, easy to see the various templates that beginners/advanced users wanted to find. Easy to select text elements and shapes..
For Canva 2.0? Take away a star across the board (4 stars.). They decided to not leave well enough alone. I can only find two improvements in a product that really didn't need improving, and they left out a notable chance to improve the app, by making image resizing a free, standard feature. That feature has become almost essential in 2018, and making it a premium feature is a shame..
Canva 2.0 buries the most often-used menu items (Shapes/Lines/Charts/Icons/Images) behind an unrelated menu option. If you want shapes, lines, or charts you'll need to click on "images". Then, scroll down the left side of the screen to find the elements you are searching for, and because they are now lumped together, get ready to scroll for awhile.
Despite the improved wider left side menu, using Canva 2.0 is a slower process than before.

Pros:

Canva 2.0 remains the standard of excellence in online graphics creation for beginners through intermediate skill levels. Canva 2.0 widens the left-side margins of the app, allowing images and items you are searching for to appear larger on the desktop version. Once you find the "Find Templates" menu selection, you indeed have a VERY nice selection of graphics templates organized into a wider variety of categories than before. If you peek at the APPS icon in the lower left, you'll see a large selection of great tools such as animation and gif creation, transparent backgrounds, image resizing, larger stock photo library etc., but they require the paid per month subscription.

Cons:

Removal of the template selection screen. Asking the user to guess what the exact template style is by typing in an expression or description of the template, is a needless step backwards, all in pursuit of a cleaner looking interface.. If you want to enter your own design dimensions (say 1280x7200 pixels) the box for that is gone. Yes, FIND TEMPLATES is quietly there on the left side of the screen, but I didn't notice it until I had used Canva 2.0 nearly a dozen times. This could end up being better than Canva 1.0 if they install a guide for newcomers, showing users where they've moved these commonly used tools to.... It's a bit conceited when designers believe their products are so well engineered that they think they need no instructions.

Abigail
Abigail
Founder in Kenya

Easy to use Design Software for all skill levels

Comments: Overall my experience with Canva has been good despite the glitches. It's still a lot easier to use than most design software.

Pros:

Easy to use: I used canva to create social media images, Social media cover pages/headers, PDF presentations and ebook covers(and ebooks). I've also used Adobe spark, Photoshop and Illustrator to do the same thing but Canva is a lot easier to use. Photoshop and Illustrator require some level of experience to figure your way around it when creating designs especially for social media, but Canva comes with lots of templates so all I have to do is select a template and modify it. Mobile App: The Android app has definitely gotten better, at the beginning of the year, it was a bit unstable so I had to use the mobile site which was the most frustrating experience of my life. The app is a lot better now and I use it weekly to create social media images and ebook covers Lots of Design options(Templates): Another thing I like about Canva, especially compared to spark is the number of templates available for each design. For example there are different templates for IG story, Facebook post, Social media image (800x800px), Instagram image (1000x1000px). NO matter how stuck I am design-wise, when I go through their templates I always find something that catches my eyes and suits the concept my client wants. No Branded logo on my final design

Cons:

Limited Logo design options: Technically you can design a logo in Canva, realistically Canva is really not the best place to design a logo as almost all their logo templates look the same. Undo/Redo Design: Maybe I have bad luck but the undo/redo option almost never work on me on the desktop site (It works just fine on the android app). Sometimes when I delete an element either on purpose or accidentally, when I undo it to get the element back, the undo option doesn't work and sometimes takes me much farther than I expected (I've ended up with a blank space more times than I can count). Same with the redo button. Reload design: I'm not talking about times when I'm working on a design and I have to leave my desk for thirty minutes, and when I come back I see the prompt that tells me my last change (or something like that) wasn't saved and I need to reload the design. This has happened so often I always save my design before leaving, But I'm talking about how when I'm working on a design and all of a sudden I'm told the last few seconds were not saved and I need to reload the design. This happens to me at least once every two weeks and ALWAYS on the desktop site and never on the android app. The android app is so stable that once I was working on a design and my data ran out but I continued without any disruption and even when the wifi was turned on there was no prompt to reload my design.

Patricia
Patricia
Writer & Designer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

Putting Me Out of a Job

Comments: Canva has been the solution we needed to allow others on our team to dabble in design and easily get started with no prior experience. The level of our projects has improved significantly since we started using the platform. It has aided us in producing professional looking documents, slide decks, social media images and more! It's also been encouraging to see the Canva team continue to develop the platform and add much-needed functionality along the way. The experience has only gotten better! The only reason I'm a little afraid to tell people about Canva is it's well on its way to putting me (as a designer) out of a job!

Pros:

Canva has demystified design to the point that I'm starting to fear for my job! (Just kidding, but only kind of). Canva has been a lifesaver! So many people on our team wanted to make their work look better, but didn't have a place to start. They were never going to be able to master the Adobe Creative Suite, and even those who had put time into learning it did not necessarily have an eye or instinct for design. Canva has made it possible for those people to create great looking documents, slide presentations, and graphics with no prior experience. The pre-made templates, color palette suggestions, and embedded assets including photos and icons give you everything you need. All you have to do is drag and drop!

Cons:

When we first started using Canva, it wasn't as advanced as it is now. They've added tons of great features that has made the design capabilities more intuitive. If you've been using the Adobe Creative Suite, though, you might find it hard to switch into it or switch back and forth between the programs since it doesn't offer the same keyboard shortcuts you're used to. Another thing you might find annoying if you are only a free user is how much content is behind the paywall. Even with a paid account, there are plenty of assets that are only for purchase, so you have to be careful when making your design. The only other thing to be aware of is that Canva is not an InDesign replacement, it doesn't offer functionality to handle formatting text-heavy documents with ease. But it is a great Illustrator substitute for entry-level designers just looking to help themselves and their work go to the next design level.

Bethany
Director of Community Development in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use design software for amateurs

Comments: Canva has been an excellent resource that I use regularly in my career. I like that it's a month-by-month payment option so that I can participate in the premium subscription for the months I need it and save cost for my municipality on the months I don't. You need virtually no training to learn how to use this program and the longer you use it, the better designs you are able to produce. Canva is constantly updating and adding new features!

Pros:

I have no design credentials but have needed to create social media graphics for community events. Canva has stepped in to support my lack of training in this area and is so simple to learn, create beautiful graphics and print materials. Their templates are well designed and easy to edit. Their premium suite allows you to set color schemes for your organization and use premium stock images and icons in all of the materials for no additional cost. The ability to add team members to designs so you can work collaboratively is incredibly helpful as well. You are able drag, drop and resize everything so it's incredibly easy to edit the design into the exact style you want. The ability to print at a low cost directly from Canva provides such a streamlining effect. I've printed everything from posters to business cards and I've always been impressed by the packaging and the final product of what I've ordered. There are so many customizations with the style of paper and finishes that it's easy to meet quality standards printing directly from Canva.

Cons:

Every once in a while, I will get a design to exactly where I want it but, when the graphic downloads, text and/or icons will be out of place and misaligned. I have to do trial and error guessing to figure out where to misalign the text/icons on the design so it would download in the proper locations. It's frustrating. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

Isabela
Isabela
Affiliate Salesperson in Brazil
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

Canva, the most practical solution for creating and editing your designs

Comments: I have been using Canva for several years. As I said, it has always been a very important tool for the execution of my work, although I do not work directly with Graphic Design. Over the years, I can say that my design skills have even been improved, because the application helps me to develop my creativity on a daily basis, either by changing the layout of a blog or even creating posts and stories for social networks. So, despite having some limitations, I believe that Canva is still the best and most useful Design application.

Pros:

What I like most about Canva, especially in the most current version, is the fact that the application is very intuitive. In the new version, all features are separated by tabs - or, if the user prefers, he can click on a button and they all appear instantly. What I liked most about this version is the possibility to create videos / animations from images, besides being able to create animated stories for Instagram and even include music! In short, Canva remains my greatest ally at work, due to its versatility and ability to include new functions, making work more agile and efficient.

Cons:

In contrast, what I like least about Canva is the fact that some of its features are still blocked (shapes and frames, for example), and you have to pay to unlock them. In the current version, all songs are still blocked. Another point that I consider negative is the fact that the cell phone is very slow - I believe that this happens due to the large volume of functions. In addition, all created designs are saved in the application, even when they go to the Recycle Bin, contributing to the device being slow and some jobs are delayed. To improve the performance of the application, I would recommend allowing at least some functions such as simpler shapes and borders (and even some music) to be included in the design for free.

Ashley
Content Creator in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Easy to Use but Easy to Spot

Comments: Overall, Canva is a true asset for those in need of dependable software for simple graphic design. I've used Canva since 2016 and the advances its made over the years are exciting. The brand isn't quite one year old yet (at the time of this review) but has made major strides. I definitely recommend it to small businesses and content creators.

Pros:

This is by far one of the easiest graphic design tools to learn how to use. The functionality of the software is simplified for absolute beginners to try their hand at creating various digital assets, such as social media posts, flyers, and presentations. For those with more graphic/digital media design experience but don't consider themselves professionals, the software provides intuitive features that are allow for greater enhancements and differentiation from the stock templates. I especially like that there is a multitude of tools and guidance available within the Features, Explore, and Community menus on the site. It's easy to set up a team and share items with those not set up with accounts on Canva, as well. And when using the paid version of Canva, you are able to create a full asset folder for multiple brands/projects.

Cons:

An area of concern is the fact that many use the templates as-is so it's often easy to spot a Canva user on social media. Canva could remedy this more by increasing the promotion of its Design School within the Learn tab on the site. Many are unaware it's even there. In terms of function, though there are many free features alongside the option to upload assets to create designs, Canva's free plan doesn't have a filter that allows you to sort freemiums from premiums. Currently, you can use their in-design search feature to filter templates by color and language only. Outside of templates, you can only search for keywords. I do believe that the creation of this feature would be useful.