15 years helping Irish businesses

About Alexa

Helps your business get better marketing results through keyword research, finding missed opportunities, and promotion of content.

Learn more about Alexa

Pros:

Cons:

Limited in what actual analytics you can get out of Alexa.

Alexa ratings

4.4
4.0
4.3
4.1

8.2/10

Alexa has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 83 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Alexa before?

Sunil
Sunil
Program Manager in India
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Best Home Automation/Integration App

Comments: I learnt a great deal of automation possibilities that can be achieved with Alexa. With the new flat around the corner I decided to make it a smart home. Today, I have a smart home powered by Alexa. It is so convenient to control lights, switches and other appliances by just speaking to Alexa or using the app though most of them are on auto-pilot mode (scheduled automation). Alexa has become a part of our liftstyle.

Pros:

I was surprised to know that Alexa is not just a talking speaker it can integrate with many IOT devices. It is a smart speaker that we can converse with and not just command to do things. We are used to having google at our finger tips to search for whatever we want. Now we have the ability to control things and get info at the tip of our tongue.

Cons:

I really don't see any cons. If at all there are they must be limitations and not cons cons. Some improvements can be:1. The wake word 'Alexa' should be able to customized to any word.2. Sometimes the speaker wakes up after confusing to have heard the wake word when we are in a conversation. This can be annoying sometimes.

Erin
Erin
Marketing and Digital Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Great Software, Hefty Price for a Small Business

Comments: I really like in-depth site audits for tracking progress and it's great for understanding the strength and weaknesses of your competitors.

Pros:

Great software for providing competitive analysis data and tracking web performance over time! We use a few months out the year to provide competitive analysis and to look for areas of opportunity.

Cons:

While I don't think the cost is unreasonable, I do find it prohibitive having year round. As a small business, many months are just too busy to make use of this software and maintaining the subscription year round just doesn't make any sense for us.

Tayyab
Tayyab
Administrator in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Needs more Improvements on Intelligence

Comments: The overall experience with Alexa is not that good but it helps me in checking the domain position overall. Alexa is an efficient on-page checker to track the position of the keywords. I personally and my team member often use Alexa for the sake of finding positions.

Pros:

Alexa Marketing Stack is great at looking up multiple quick stats and answer some styles of questions. The tool allows you to track the overall ranking as well as on-page checking of your business without wasting time on calculating and other tools.

Cons:

Mostly Alexa is considered as a 3rd party to Google that can do limited things. It sometimes redirects you to somewhere else where you don't want to go and multiple misunderstandings appear. The tool give misleading data and stats of a specific domain while checking continuously and you can easily be lost your interest.

Wassim
Associate Professor in US
Computer Networking, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazon Alexa: Smart Control that is Improving with AI and ML

Comments: Great experience using Alexa to control smart home devices. Used many other platforms by Google and Samsung, still Alexa is leading on this front.

Pros:

The customization and personalization features in Alexa makes it adapt and learn more about the personality and preferences of the user in very complex daily scenarios. I have used mainly Alexa with Amazon Echo and many other home automation Alexa-compatible relays and thermostats. Much better experience than the Google Home platform.

Cons:

The need for consistent Internet connection is the main issue. In a home environment that would be a perfect smart control product, but on the go, the experience might be deteriorated a bit.

Alejandro
Alejandro
Programmer Analyst in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Retired service that worked as advertised

Comments: Great software for any web developer that needs SEO tools for improving their website.

Pros:

Great for analytics in order to see : the most visited and popular websites top browsers used top search words used Service that rivaled google analytics and the PageRank is the gold standard for website rankings and trust.

Cons:

Somewhat expensive comparing to Facebook for business marketing (the analytics part) and google Analytics that integrated more with mobile web and applications, but provides many tools detailed analysis and it was de defacto for when desktop browsing was the king.

Ariadne
Ariadne
Owner in Brazil
Music, Self Employed

A good friend of my routine

Comments: Alexa did facilitate my job and life in general. I use it to remember me to do everything I need, to sleep faster with the playlist Sleep in Amazon Music, to turn on and off my lights and change the light color for different situation and etc. It is not possible to list everything that improved my routine, it is a great product and app.

Pros:

The features I liked most are the ones related to routine and organization. It really favoured my work. I am a freelance and need a better organization, and buying Alexa was very useful. It synchronizes with Google Agenda, and made possible too set an event without the need to even touch my mobile. It also informs me when I have to do something, avoiding forgetfulness.

Cons:

The fact that Alexa can't answer all my questions because she can't find it on the web is annoying. Most of the times I want to know an information and ask it, is because I am rushing and want to save time. But sometimes this is not possible due to this problem.

Tara
Tara
QP in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Alexa for business makes sense

Comments: Alexa for business has streamlined many tedious tasks and allowed employees to access features on the go. It’s helped our business function more efficiently.

Pros:

Being able to purchase supplies with my voice is amazing. I am able to have a joint calendar with my coworkers and use Alexa to update appointments while I’m engaged in other tasks. Multitasking is an essential requirement if my job and Alexa helps me achieve that.

Cons:

The cost for a device for every room was a bit daunting. We waited for sales to purchase the devices and gradually expanded. There are some words the device struggles to understand at times

anil kumar
anil kumar
director , founder and Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

need for speed with alexa.

Comments: Alexa has been indispensable in research on traffic and semantics of content downloads on several sites.

Pros:

Alexa is the fast lane product for comprehensive data and traffic statistics for your site. It id free to use, easy to use and can get your site to the higher traffic segments.

Cons:

There are features missing in this tool available in other freemium or pro tools.

Kim
Kim
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Great interactive

Comments: I am not having to be on my phone all the time looking for prices.

Pros:

I like the ease at which Alexa allows me to compare pricing. I can just speak my request and get an answer in minutes.

Cons:

Able to not bring up so much information. Sometimes it brings up the wrong prices as compared to online.

Bennaire
Bennaire
Editor in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Alexa is good but could be more intuative.

Comments: I use the Alexa app mostly to control my smart home devices, and music.

Pros:

I love the ability to control devices individually or as a group.

Cons:

I dislike the redunduncy Of the setup process.

Shyamalee
Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Alexa - website ranking software

Comments: I have been using this software for my web site for a long time. I get a daily ranking analysis about my site to know where my site is with other competitors. Their seo reports helped me to improve my site performances. I even had a chance to know performances of my competitors too. Their advises to improve the site helps a lot.

Pros:

This software is easy to use, shows the quality of your website with statistics. Uses SEO tools to value your website. It provides you a good analytical report of the performance of your website with other sites. Alexa reports provide you how to improve your site against other competitors.

Cons:

Subscriptions packages are bit high. Their support takes some times to reply .

Karen
Teacher in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Alexa teview

Pros:

It is so easy to use and we use on a daily basis.

Cons:

No cons yet that we have encountered. We enjoy how easy this product is to use

Paul
Senior Technical Rep in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Alexa is a requirement for my home and business use

Comments: I could not survive now in this day of age without Alexa being my smart AI agent. Also the affiliate options give me a nice side hustle while building a brand. The search SEO options and link tracking makes it a very powerful tool to continue to see what works and how to grow.

Pros:

Asking questions is smart and is a good search engine. I also have used it with business for great affiliate marketing.

Cons:

It does a lot so can be confusing. Sometimes the AI options get confused.

Simrat
Student in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Pros and Cons

Comments: This software is really helpful in understanding how one ranks against competitors. It definitely is useful to know the ranking of any website.

Pros:

The software is very accessible and efficient. It provides a good report about your performance against other websites.

Cons:

The help support may take a while but they are really determined to help you out!

Ciprian
Senior PHP Developer in Ireland
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good reputation tracking tool

Pros:

I have used Alexa for years both for myself and for my clients. It's a very good software for reputation tracking, visibility trackingand demographics analytics.

Cons:

Pricing plans were not really justified by the premium features.

Jonathan
Jonathan
US

A great growth tool

Pros:

I really enjoy that Alexa is plain and simply easy to use, dispute some minor hiccups with setup , I don’t have too many complaints.

Cons:

For the simplicities of my everyday use , Alexa gets the job done well however I would not use this software for heavy duty work specifically because it’s doesnt necessarily understand neutral commands and that can be a bit of an issue for larger scaling.

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Impressive but short-lived novelty technology

Comments: Alexa has not solved any of my business problems, beyond initial enjoyment

Pros:

Upon first using Alexa, I loved it and explored all of the features it supported

Cons:

After using it for a while, I lost interest and no longer use it

david
david
Freelancer in Venezuela

Alexa is excellent to find your target audience and your interests

Comments: thanks to Alexa I got high profits due to its powerful tools to perfect SEO

Pros:

thanks to alexa I found a powerful segmentation of my target audience and achieved a lot of conversions in my online marketing campaign

Cons:

I do not like the mobile version of Alexa, I think the responsive design can improve, but in general Alexa is very good.

Ginny
Ginny
Director of Publications and Marketing in US

I use this software to research prospective vendors

Pros:

It's super easy to use and provides a lot of valuable information. It's able to break down results by regions and countries.

Cons:

I would like there to be a pricing option that is lower, for companies or businesses that only use the site once or twice a month. Pricing is my least favorite option.

Ellen
Writer in Canada
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Can't live without her know

Pros:

Alexa is smart. Just like Google with your voice. Time saver. I don't like talking much but she's very helpful.

Cons:

That it wasn't created earlier. I wish I used her right away. But too expensive at first.

Casie
Hospital Manager in US

Love Alexa!

Pros:

Easy to use, even my kids can use it regularly . User friendly and good service, never complain about it.

Cons:

Needs to integrate with more such as other software and apps. Otherwise there are not too many cons. Occasionally does work

Courteney
Courteney
Service Assistant in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Alexa Echo

Pros:

My favorite part about Alexa is that you can make phone calls from it.

Cons:

I don't like that what you ask in the app doesn't coordinate to my Alexa Echo.

Commercial Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

No new features that aren't already offered on other platforms.

Comments: Tried it out during the free trial but saw no value in using. As an early user, I expect new features added later to make it better but currently it is useless.

Pros:

Relatively easy to use platform. Alexa website rankings integrated with platform--and can be used to measure SEO success.

Cons:

No unique features offered for Alexa's SEO platform over other third party SEO research tools. There is literally no point in paying for this service.

Hector
CEO in Dominican Republic
Real Estate, Self Employed

Good assistant

Comments: Great assistant to have at all times with you when you have to know something right in the moment.

Pros:

She does whatever I say, whatever music I say she plays it, she tells me anything that I need to know in thw moment.

Cons:

Sometimes she does not understand me very well and I have to repeat the commands that I give to her.

Defense & Space, 10,000+ Employees

Alexa by Amazon

Pros:

Alexa is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Amazon.IT is designed to answer your every question.

Cons:

Alexa sound is nothing special about it an same time it give answer that isn't correct. And it use other app and devices to came up with answer.