15 years helping Irish businesses

Microsoft Teams Reviews

4.5 (9,482) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Teams

Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Teams

Pros:

I loved how easy it was to set up and join your team. I also loved that you could record your videos and that they automatically go to your email to share or to keep.

Cons:

Very little to dislike and cannot think of anything that bad i would comment on it. The negative is the shade of purple it uses.

Microsoft Teams ratings

4.3
4.2
4.4
4.4

8.4/10

Microsoft Teams has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 9,482 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Teams before?

Filter reviews (9,481)

Anshul
Anshul
Senior Associate Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Microsoft Teams is a go to and best software for collaborating within the team!

Comments: Its a good collaboration tool which helps you in setting up your day at work from meetings to connecting with your colleagues, creating project work related groups are very good features

Pros:

Features like you can manage your complete meetings note, scheduling meeting and collaborating with team mates and access control for the important work related smartsheets can be done on Microsoft Teams.

Cons:

UI can be improved further for the ease of use though its good and it can also be customized as per the requirements of big clients which are using it in their company's world wide

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Video conferring with the added benefit of collaboration

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Exceptional experience, included in the Microsoft suite, clear and clean audio and video experience. A daily staple for myself and our team

Pros:

I like the quality of video conferencing, the ability to share the screen, transcribe feature, and the ability to connect with your team in an easy and efficient manner

Cons:

I sometimes have issues when sharing my screen or connecting to our boardroom tv. The teams meeting will sometimes freeze and will need to be disconnected.

Siddharth
Student in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Should you use Microsoft Teams?

Comments: If you are thinking of using microsoft teams for school, I would not place it top on the list but if you want to use it for businesses and all, which is what it is made for, it is the best available tools because it offers integration with tons of microsoft tools

Pros:

1. Easy to use 2. So many features 3. Organize meetings 4. Good quality for video and screen sharing 5. Can control screen better than competition 6. Can record videos and store on cloud 7. Can upload files and share on specific channels 8. Helps in perfect organization of business, school etc. 9. Can integrate whiteboard, forms etc. 10. Inbuilt document viewer

Cons:

1. New glitch everyday 2. The call randomly cuts sometimes 3. You have 2 roles, presenters, attendees. Either give a person all the power for meeting or no power. Would appreciate allowing specific participants specific permissions like this guy can screen share and this person can record

Aritra
Associate Consultant in India
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

The best video conferencing tool for IT industry

Comments: Overall the experience with Microsoft teams has been great as it is a versatile tool and all of my team members including me rely on it daily to efficiently communicate and carry out our daily work. Teams allows us to create different channels for different projects which makes it very flexible.

Pros:

The best thing about Microsoft teams is that we can work remotely through teams and it also supports third party integrations. I am able to share files , communicate with other team members , setup status calls and provide knowledge transfer sessions through efficient screen sharing and video recording. It is compatible for android and IOS devices and also provides data security.

Cons:

The advance functionalities of teams are available through paid plans which are a bit costly.Sometimes managing a large number of teams notifications from different channels can be difficult and teams rely on a n active internet connectivity else there are system lags.

Akhila
Akhila
Analyst in India
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Microsoft Teams for Collaboration

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm satisfied with my experience with MS Teams as it is helpful in collaborating across teams.

Pros:

MS Teams is an easy-to-use application with great audio and video call facility. The real time chat theme looks unique with emojis and reactions. Large files can be shared and it integrates well with Microsoft ecosystems.

Cons:

Too many updates makes the user experience unpleasant. The activity status of the user doesn't get updated promptly. The applications runs slow when accessed while being in a call or screen sharing.

Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Great Tool for IT and Business

Comments: It's been a consistently solid communication tool that keeps adding great features.

Pros:

It's not only great for meetings, but has a vast amount of connectors to other software that helps integrate everything in one place.

Cons:

Compared to Slack, it lacks some features that cater to software development teams.

INES
owner and founder in Portugal
Translation & Localisation, Self Employed

less is more

5.0 last month New

Comments: it's great, much better than zoom or skype (who uses skype anymore?) , and always evolving not always easy with the copilot updates but intuitive enough, clean and simple appearance and interface

Pros:

meeting video recording and screen sharing those are the top features IMO

Cons:

constant notifications either on banners or pop-ups, they are too distracting they should just be in-chat notifs like a +1 or so in front of the pvt window or group chats just so we know where are the new messages

Wesley
Wesley
Principal Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Microsoft Teams, Makes sense if your already in the Microsoft Family.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: When many people were working from home due to COVID, initially ZOOM was used for remote collaboration. As time went by, my company adopted Microsoft Teams as the standard.

Pros:

I work in Software and use a large variety of Microsoft products. By using Microsoft Teams, I can take advantage of the ability to integrate it with other Microsoft products.

Cons:

The user interface is not very intuitive. It's not easy to customize to flexible needs.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

I like that it’s free

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it’s a useful and effective platform for communication.

Pros:

I like that it’s free compared to zoom prices.

Cons:

I’m accustomed to zoom so it takes a second for me to switch over sometimes.

Katie
Deputy Manager in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 201–500 Employees

Teams review- 5 stars

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like how easy it is to communicate with team members and share files so easily.

Cons:

The user interface is not as intuitive as one would like it to be, making it harder to navigate and use all the features optimally.

Andy
Technical Training Mangager in US
Maritime, 51–200 Employees

A great team communication tool that is used every day!

Comments: A tool we use at work every day. I was aware of the product before we started using it and pushed our IT department to implement it and the rest of the suite of tools from MS.

Pros:

The ability to share specific applications, or your whole screen are both great features. Video along with screen share makes it easy to not only share the information but also see the person you are talking to at the same time.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be hard to find the right meeting to join, end up chasing people around on multiple calls if they don't click the right meeting link the first time. Should be able to merge calls.

Lucas
Developer in Brazil
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Almost complete solution

Comments: Overall it gets the job done in a manner way, it has good plugins and extensions to help you customize it as you like. It's a good software.

Pros:

The main features that make us use this service was the ability to organize our work and have online meetings with screen sharing feature, this help us a lot when we are showing something to our colleagues.

Cons:

It sometimes doesn't load fast and there's a strange behavior that was causing issues for us, the software has some kind of automatic check to see if there's any interaction with itself, if we aren't interacting directly with Teams but still working on something else on the PC, teams itself will set your status to "Be right back", making your colleagues think that you are away from the computer, which isn't right.

Terrena
Office Manager in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

Comments: I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

Pros:

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

Cons:

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees

The Communication Tool of the Pandemic

Comments: MS Teams has been a fantastic tool which has allowed my team to stay in communication during the pandemic. It's become our most used tool which has succeeded in increasing collaboration and efficiency. Although there are a few small issues with this app, mainly being the glitches and deletion of chat messages older than 30 days, there are so many more pros to using this software. I can see us sticking to this software for a while.

Pros:

MS Teams has become the backbone of my team. I love that we can create multiple channels on this and go the level of determining who can access a channel as well as that member's level of control. This is a great collaboration tool since we are able to upload documents and have multiple people access these at the same time to modify/view. It's easy to create large group chats and start meetings from the chat in situations where we need to have fast responses. The audio and video quality is pretty good and it's great that we can see the list of participants on a meeting as well as who else was invited but didn't join. I love that it updates if a member is currently active, offline, or presenting so we know who to contact and expect a response from. Also love that you can use tags to send messages to the intended people. The ability to view calendar and easily schedule meetings is also a great perk.

Cons:

I least like the fact that chat conversations disappear after 30 days because then that data is lost. I also dislike that files can't be backed up because occasionally people delete files which are then completely gone unless someone stored a local copy on their machine. The app does occasionally glitch in large meetings which causes me to lose audio/video and the only solution is to restart the app and rejoin the meeting in order to restore that.

Petar
Petar
General Manager in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good enough, but not Great

Comments: Good enough, but not great, especially if you have used other communicators.
UX is light years behind the competition.
The only 2 reasons to use MS Teams are pricing (included in MS Office), and the integration with other MS Office products.

Pros:

Very good integration with Outlook and MS Calendar. Good switching between desktop and mobile during a meeting. Useful notifications / reminders when a meeting starts.

Cons:

Alwful UI and UX, unintuitive UI, non-productiv shortcuts, not very configurable, not good default settings. Linux app is not on par. Search functionality is not very good. Has bugs - sometimes loses message history, not synchronizing b/n desktop and mobile apps, not showing the correct status, not sending notifications on time, etc. Missing some important functionality - like push to talk during a meeting, or good annotations. Some functionalities are not developed properly - for example integration with MS Forms is pretty bad. Comes short when compared to the competition like Slack.

Information Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best application for video calling and remote controlling.

Comments: Overall Microsoft teams is best application in my perspective. I loved approximately each and every feature.

Pros:

The best thing about Microsoft teams as a video conferencing is the audio and video quality. This application do not consume large amount of memory and space which makes it friendly for the developers like myself. Microsoft teams is easily understandable and easy to use software. Teams provide lots of feature which comes handy to the user such as video calling, chats, screen sharing, polls, note making etc. The most facinating thing that I liked in teams is taking remote access to other collegues.

Cons:

Microsoft teams sometimes do not update or wrongly update the status. For example, when I am in a call, sometimes it shown to other users that I am away or awailable. The file structures is very confusing and at some point there is unnecessary storage consuption. The swtiching of the call from mobile to PC sometimes is harder. It may happen that the message is not getting sent even if the network is strong and there is no option to try again.

Research, 11–50 Employees

Well-integrated suite of products, an industry standard, but lacking the little things

Comments: It feels like a case of 3 steps forward, 5 steps back when it comes to the development of MS Teams. Most core features are alright and sufficient for a number of productivity scenarios. But what's very frustrating is that MS Teams and the whole MS 365 suite can be much much more if they can get their UX research in order and their development targets in order.

Pros:

Biggest advantage it has is how well integrated it is in the MS365/Office suite of products which are ubiquitous in many workplace settings. This makes it very likely that clients and collaborators will have friction-free collaborative work experiences.

Cons:

Slow development and seemingly lack of effort in satisfying customer demands. For example, one of the biggest problems in Teams for desktop is the absence of a way to easily switch between different organizations. It's only now that MS finally has a preview of this feature, but it also lacks the basic functionalities of the original Teams software. The preview version has also reversed the ordering of messages in Teams. In general, features also don't seem so fully fleshed out like the wiki feature which if done properly (say like Notion, Slite, and other knowledge management tools) would make Teams so much more powerful.

Daniel
Daniel
Innovation Coach in Germany
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Pretty good software with some unfortunate weak spots

Comments: We use it as an all-around communication software, and overall it works quite well (despite the minor hiccups described above). Thanks to wikis and planners we can even include some other elements of our collaboration structure in Teams, enabling us to get by with only two software systems: Teams for communications and Scoro for task and project management as well as CRM and billing.

Pros:

The basic functionality is quite good. It essentially does what it's supposed to do: It allows you to chat with team members. The direct chat option is pretty straightforward. The option of creating different teams (hence the name) to structure the group chats is quite conventient, because it adds another layer, making it three: Teams, channels, threads (within channels). Notifications are pretty reliable, mentions and activities in channels you follow are logged into an activity feed, which is quite useful. The part where Teams really shines though is the option to add other functions to a channel. The Wiki can be nice, although using it is sometimes a bit counter-intuitive. What's really helpful is the Planner, because it allows you to include kanban-like views of tasks (or other things). We actually use it less for tasks and more for ideas and backlogs of things for the entire team to review.

Cons:

One thing that bugs me is an issue that also came up with Slack: You sometimes miss notifications because, when you open the app, you automatically jump into the last channel (or chat) you where when closing it. When you actually want to go to some other place, you might leave the channel, leaving all notifications marked as "read" - but you might not even have noticed there was something new in them! I don't know how to solve this, I only know that it can be a problem. The real downside of Teams is, for me at least, the very limited possibility of your notifications. You can essentially turn them on or off for mentions, channels you follow, and chats. There are some other options, but they are all of the "all-or-nothing" type. I either get notifications (and therefore push notifications on my smartphone) for all mentions, or for none of them. Here, Slack has a much better system. The other thing is the mobile app. On Android, it's just not as reliable as it could be. Activating the "don't disturb" status, for example, does nothing. If I want to turn of push notifications, I need to that completely and manually. Sometimes, uploads don't work. And when I'm on the road, messages might not get through - but instead of sending them once I have a connection, it sits there with warning sign, waiting for me to resend it... kind of an archaic way of dealing with this issue.

Matthew
Matthew
Designer in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Upgrade from Skype (and Outlook)

Comments: I love the fact that this is a very easy to use application, to chat with another team member, you just type their name in the search field. It also allows chats with each of the people who’ve accepted (and, unfortunately, those who haven’t replied or declined) appointments in Microsoft Outlook. I’ve not figured out how to disable the ability to invite me to chats about appointments I’ve declined (as I’m currently on some listserv that invites me to the wrong meetings — but this is an IT issue, not a Microsoft Teams issue, to be clear), but this is nothing major. Our organization used to use Skype, which was Microsoft’s only chat system previously, but Microsoft Teams has proven itself much more useful. I can chat with (ahem) teams of people or privately with one person. I’m shown the user’s availability status with an icon next to their profile photo, which is imported from their Microsoft account. These are two great features because, while they are not new or particularly innovative, it is familiar and therefore easy to understand. The paradox in software design is to make something brilliant and breakthrough while keeping it familiar enough that users don’t need a training class or instruction manual. The paradox with Microsoft Teams is that it might make more sense if it didn’t exist at all — meaning, all of these features could be enhancements to Microsoft Outlook. But that same argument could be made for all Microsoft Office products. Overall 4/5

Pros:

It’s seamless integration with other Microsoft Office products so that no new knowledge is needed to use and all of the features of other products are repurposed in this one.

Cons:

Ironically, this application might be better suited if it were merely an enhancement of features in Microsoft Outlook.

Andrew
Andrew
Managing Editor in US
Publishing, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for Staying Connected in 2020

Comments: Teams has been a great tool for our company to share messages, whether between two people, a division of people, or across the entire company of 100+ employees. Our company switched over from Slack as we grew in numbers, and while the UI has taken a bit of time to become acclimated to, Teams has been invaluable for us for all of the available features and the integration with Outlook calendars and our other Microsoft applications.

Pros:

Teams has been perfect for my coworkers and me in 2020 when everyone is working remotely. We can effortlessly communicate with one another through the chat feature. We have created teams for our various work teams, departments, societies, and even for interests outside of work. Teams has enabled us to continue our biweekly meetings directly in the app. In a training session the other week, through screensharing I was even able to take control of the other user's screen, which was a remarkable feat. Teams also connects seamlessly with our Outlook calendars, which is a great deal of help when someone is asking in the channel about my availability or when a Teams meeting is on the horizon.

Cons:

My only real con with Teams is that I wish it were easier to set a status - the status auto-changes to away after five minutes and sometimes has issues coming back to available. Any away or out of office statuses aren't as readily visible as I would like. The UI overall could be a bit more user-friendly.

Filipi
Filipi
Analista de Sistemas in Brazil
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

The best of the simple, functional and practical

Comments: In general, I really like this software being the one I currently use in my work and it suits me well with an interesting performance and the convenience of being accessed on all devices. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros:

This is one of the most useful and useful software in the entire office package. After the implementation of this software in the companies where I worked, I realized that the tasks related to meetings and to be more practical and easy to perform, as it was no longer necessary to perform integrations or accesses in other environments or configure the infrastructure equipment manually. In the scenario in which we currently live (currently pandemic) this software proves to be something really useful and functional, solving with elegance and practicality a communication problem that most people were using, from corporate meetings to classes in an educational environment. The features are interesting and meet virtually all scenarios, something to highlight is the possibility of recording meetings without the need to install plugins for this action and also the convenience of making presentations, task boards, WIKIs in teams, posts, which it helps me a lot in my day-to-day. It is certainly a software that is still evolving, but it presents something very interesting and highly recommended.

Cons:

It is undeniable to say that this software is not among the best in its category and is also very practical and functional, however, I would like to suggest a few things: 1. It would be interesting to list the documents and links sent in a conversation in a separate window within the chat of the conversation or meeting, so it would be easier to retrieve an old document for example. 2. When holding meetings on different days with the same users, the chat history is messed up because in these meetings different files and / or links can be shared. I suggest that it is possible to group these conversations by date so that the history would be more organized. 3. Have the possibility to expand the task board to be used for conversations with users and not just for teams. These are some suggestions that I have to contribute but in general I reiterate that this software is one of the best in its category.

Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Ease of Use and the Need of the Day

Comments: Overall I have had a great experience with MST and cannot imagine one day without it. I completely rely on MST to plan my day, set up meetings, use the meeting scheduler, and the option to set up the meetings at the back of the email is my favourite feature because it enables not losing the important people for a call and ensures that all are informed.

Pros:

Since we are all working from home post COVID, it is so important to keep on connecting with people for the work to be done especially when people are scattered across so many geographic locations. 1. MS Teams is a great tool to keep everyone connected, easy to chat with people instead of calling them when they are already on another call and ask them to support in the current project activities. 2. The best feature on MST is the screen recording feature since it allows you to capture all the minute details with the screen pictures and moreover, easy retrieval of the recording makes it an impeccable tool. 3. The status of people shown on the MST is also very crucial to see people's availability and setting up of meetings is simpler. 4. I use the video calling feature often to connect with my team. Seeing people on the screen is very delightful as we imagine certain people to be very rigid while working with them, however when we see them, it is so easy to work with them. I believe MS team has made all this so much easy and possible that we cannot imagine our world without even a single feature missing. 5. I completely rely on the calendar shown by MST before logging off to plan my next day!

Cons:

The only improvement I would like on MST is to have the 'retrospective recording feature' because if the recording is not switched on, then the call cannot be recorded. The time of the call is ticking on the left side, however, that is sometimes confused with the fact that the recording is on.

Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for workplaces, may need training at first it not tech-savvy

Comments: Overall, this is a convenient app for working with actual teams/groups such as in a business or workplace. I wouldn't recommend for external persons.
There are so many features that can be helpful and useful; however, it takes some time to figure out how to use them.

Pros:

Great for workplaces as it helps to collaborate and communication easily with your groups/teams. You can create various groups, use the chat feature, share information, documents, and use apps. You can also pin frequently used apps at the top of the group for easy access. Video conferencing is great for virtual meetings. You can create video calls with the usual features and more. You are able to create the call, invite persons to join, use voice and video, share screen, upload documents, use chat features, record and save the video etc. I like that you are able to upload a PowerPoint which gives you more functionality than other meeting/conferencing programs. You can also call persons individually (VoIP) using WiFi or data. Teams integrates with other Microsoft products where you can use apps through the Teams program. In an increasingly virtual space, it is also helpful when working from home/remotely. There is also a mobile app which makes taking calls or joining meetings easy from whenever you are.

Cons:

Not as suited for use with external persons outside of your team. It is not as user friendly as you would expect and takes some time getting used to it. Persons may need some MS Teams specific training in order to navigate the software, especially for persons we are not tech savvy. It is difficult to understand how to use some of the features and integrations. For example, you are able to add various apps to groups but it takes some tinkering aroung to figure out how to use them in the group. Also, at times, it is a bit confusing when trying to manage files.

Jagdeep
Automation Test Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Microsoft Teams User

Pros:

The most important features of this software is real time chat, online meeting, screen recording, file sharing. Our organization uses this software as a means of communication. It's very well supported on mobile application also. Apart from its regular use, I give online KT sessions to new joiners which enables me to record it and share with others. Oh Yes, here it is integrated with our SharePoint. I had been the part of our team when we were customizing this product for our needs. As soon as the meeting ends, a recording link is generated where the video is stored at our sharepoint space. Coming on to share files, I have almost shared files and documents with all extensions. Adding to this, I have shared zip folders also. Since it's a part of Microsoft Suite, it is readily integrated with other applications like outlook etc. The statuses of any person (Available, Busy, DND) can be easily tracked on the mail itself, provided the person has logged in to Teams also. You can communicate with people of other organizations also if they are using Microsoft Teams provided they should also use the same communication channel and both the organizations have enabled cross communication between organizations. While doing screen sharing, the participants can request control of the desktop, just like Anydesk. This gives Teams a cut above the others.

Cons:

The most irritating part is the tool bar while sharing screen during online meeting. There is no button in that tool bar with which I can disable it. This further makes very difficult to navigate to different tabs of the browsers. While giving demo of my code to PDO, I sometimes need to navigate to Jira tabs or to confluence documents, and this tool bar of Microsoft teams gets pinned there and as I mention again, there is no explicit button to disable it while screen sharing. This is the only drawback of Teams.

Tara
Researcher's in India
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

"Microsoft Teams, all-in-one collaboration tool "

Comments: Business problems include improved collaboration, Real-time Communication, organization, and Flexibility. The benefits of using Microsoft Teams include increased collaboration, improved communication, better organization, and more flexibility. Teams users can stay connected and productive even when working remotely or across multiple locations.

Pros:

The most impactful features of Microsoft Teams include their chat functionality, video conferencing, file sharing, and collaboration tools. All of these features make communicating and collaborating more manageable and more effective. The product is also straightforward, with a wide range of tutorials and helpful guides. Integrating Teams with existing business processes is also relatively easy, as Teams allows you to make customizations to fit your organization's unique needs. It also integrates with many other applications and services, making managing and connecting with existing processes even easier.

Cons:

In terms of features that are missing in Microsoft Teams, a few come to mind. For example, a shared calendar function between members or teams would be a helpful addition. Also, having private/collaborative conversations specific to certain workstreams would be beneficial.One aspect that is difficult to use in Microsoft Teams is the notifications that it provides. The notifications settings are overly complicated, which makes it confusing to know when you have a new message or document.Integration with existing business processes can be difficult in Microsoft Teams, especially if multiple systems and applications are being used.