15 years helping Irish businesses

Google Workspace Reviews

4.7 (15,381) Write a Review!

About Google Workspace

Google Workspace is how teams of all sizes connect, create, and collaborate — to drive innovation from any device, and any location.

Learn more about Google Workspace

Pros:

Customer support is good and in some plans you have priority support services. The collaboration is the most transparent possible, work agility is better than with other solutions.

Cons:

It can be frustrating when there are features that are available in MS Suite that GSuite does not have. They are few and far in between, but once in a while it does frustrate you.

Google Workspace ratings

4.3

9.0/10

Google Workspace has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 15,381 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Workspace before?

Filter reviews (15,381)

William
William
Owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great Software!!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Still using it and inqould be lost without it.

Pros:

Easy to implement and use after. It didnt cost an arm.and a leg either.

Cons:

Not much i didnt like that i can think of.

Tito
Computer Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing product. Uptime, support, easy to use, low cost for a great suite. Powerful.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall great product good price. Awesome technology. Great tools. Uptime is almost perfect. Google products are solid. Do your due diligence and find out if its for you.

Pros:

It was easy to setup and migrate from 365. Powerful suite with lots of tools. I mainly use it for email. Google search and Gmail are powerful tools by default and free. Now imagine having a paid version of it with all that and some extra tools. Like extra space, domain, Outlook sync support. Spam support by default is great and keeps most garbage out. You don't need to set it up or tweak it like 365. Archiving is the best, you can hold all your email and archive it. You can still access it with search. 365 still has an outdated pst files the grows exponentially. Overall a great product recommended but do your homework.

Cons:

Only real issues are if you lose your credentials or access to an old phone number that has all the recovery information. It's over complicated just to recover your account. I don't mind because I don't want people hacking my account. I had to prove ownership even though I could log in. Proving ownership is complicated so have good records and if you change phone numbers make sure you update all your account settings. Also if you have 365 you will need to purchase Microsoft office on your own. Google docs, sheets, are great but not as powerful as Microsoft Office products.

Lynn
Licensed Clinical Social Worker in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Google workspace

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Uncertain at this time as I have not had enough time to work with it yet.

Cons:

Uncertain at this time as I have not had enough time to work with it yet.

Jaqlyn
HR and Communications Manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Good for what it is

Comments: Google Workspace was the easiest to integrate with our website host, which is why we went that avenue; however, after our subscription ends, we may consider looking at a different avenue. Google is one of the most expensive options, and while it does work and you are likely to not ever experience issues in functionality, if you need any help with issues that cannot be solved via chatbot or help articles, it's almost impossible to get assistance from Google. We still have existing customer service help requests or review requests that have cases that have been open for years. Overall, Google workspace is simple, straightforward, easy-to-set up, and does what it says it will; our complains would be that it is probably the most costly option, has some features that are lacking and need to be updates, and Google's abysmal customer service.

Pros:

We chose Google Workspace primarily because of it's compatibility with our current website. They are our host's partner. The ease-of-use is hard to beat. Google's service is great in the set-up stage. For the most part, everything works as it should, and Google offers a lot of helpful features to assist in document management, reports, etc. that can all be used in the day-to-day business management.

Cons:

Google's service after you are a customer is abysmal and disappointing. You can only get assistance via chatbots and online articles, so if there is an actual issue, good luck getting it resolved. The customization features for the inbox are lacking (Outlook's is what I would consider ideal). While google's tools and features are helpful, I would generally consider what Microsoft has to offer as better and used more frequently.

Nathalie
CEO in France
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Ideal for small entrepreneurs and easy to handle, no headache

5.0 last month New

Comments: We're a small restaurant business, with little time to spare for administrative tasks, especially for office work and its configuration. G.Workplace helped us to be efficient and save maximum time, while remaining autonomous and, above all, cost-effective.

Pros:

The Google suite is simple, fast, fluid, and you can quickly find all the vital functions for a small business, at a fraction of the cost of big licenses. Messaging, aliases, filters, effective anti-spam, office suite, sharing, document versions, cloud storage. It's great! A real time saver to focus on production.

Cons:

You might find yourself alone sometimes, especially with the office suite or email setup. But there's such a community that the solution comes autonomously after just a few minutes of research.

Adam
Founder in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Good Suite to launch your venture

5.0 last month New

Comments: I enjoyed it, it was instrumental in running my small venture, it think its a solution you can progressively scale with no matter what the size of your business is.

Pros:

the ease of setting up the account, getting the domain linked to the workspace and managing the account in general is smooth, also the pricing is really good.

Cons:

I think the deployment was fairly easy but i think some important emails got flagged a couple of times in spam. in general it is pretty reliable.

Liam
CMO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Google Workspace

5.0 last month New

Comments: From email management to file sharing Google Workspace has all tools you need for a business, small or enterprise. Data is secure and easy to acces.

Pros:

Google Workspace is the perfect tool for every business. Before discovering that google provide this i was struggling with full inbox, expensive cloud storage. Unlimited pace on you email is something every business wants. Google driver is exceptional on cloud storage and sharing. Drive stream feature help the entire team work in the same place.

Cons:

Nothing to write as a con. Everything works as it should be.

Marie Joy
Marie Joy
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Retail, 11–50 Employees

A very helpful tool to help Virtual Assignments manage their workspace online

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am so happy and very satisfied. My data and files are well organized and it is pretty cheap too.

Pros:

Google Workspace has made it easier for me to work from home. From managing my data, to organizing them, this software is the most valuable part of me as a freelancer. I highly recommend it!

Cons:

It's kinda confusing to use at first but with daily usage I am able to utilize it and integrate it to mu daily job as a freelancer.

Annika
Paralegal in UK
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Google workspace reviews

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Google workspace is integrated with a lot of google services suchlike google drive which offers free storage space which can be increased by subscriptions.scheduling appoints using google calendar is very easy and quick and it notifies the use when date for appointment reaches

Cons:

Google workspace is easy to implement therefore no dislike.

Business Supplies & Equipment, 51–200 Employees

Element DNA

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It's very great and wonderful. Impacting and simplify

Cons:

Simple to understand and great to work with

Nate
Internal Communications Coordinator in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Using G Suite as a Business Communicator

Comments: Overall, G Suite is a dream to use – so long as you have a reliable internet connection.
I especially appreciate the collaborative features, the ability to set differing permissions, and the integration with other products. The ability to use it on a smartphone on the go is very helpful as well.

Pros:

I love the collaborative aspects of G Suite. The ability to create shared folders and documents that are accessible from anywhere, the ability for multiple people to work in and comment on documents all at the same time. The ability to tag/call out colleagues in a document, and assign them sections to work on is amazing as well. There is even a built-in chat function to host a discussion within a document. Moreover, the accessibility of documents from anywhere with an internet connection is great. It's as easy to do from within a mobile app as it is on a desktop computer, making sharing items on the fly (or while out sick) a snap! We use G Suite with LumApps intranet, and G Suite integrates nearly seamlessly. It's great! As a business communicator, the ability to set different permissions in a document is immensely helpful, and it is appreciated!

Cons:

Some features are a little less intuitive than others, which sends a curveball. In some ways, Google have set the bar so high for themselves with the way some features work, that they almost set themselves up to disappoint when other features don't perform or are less intuitive. G Suite is often marketed as a Microsoft Office replacement. And in many ways, it is. However, there are a couple of features that are missing or underdeveloped: In any document, it is not possible to do a find-and-replace that is limited to a specific section or limited to a highlighted area. Find-and-replace applies to the entire document, which is very vexing. In Google Slides, it is not possible to set differing slide durations; each slide must advance at the same interval. Both of these features, which I used every day in Microsoft Office, seem relatively easy to implement. (But then again, I am not a coder!)

Sarah
Data Analyst in US
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1,000 Employees

A Necessary Tool for Doing Business

Comments: I've been a G Suite customer both in my personal life, self employment ventures, and all the times I've contracted with companies. Over time I've pushed away using Google's proprietary tools (For example, I'll utilize a different email platform but hook it into G Suite), and I will admit there's a serious disappointment to be had when it comes to integrations with "Smart" devices. G Suite will remain a constant part of my life, and it scales well whenever I've had periods of needing additional accounts/storage.

Pros:

G Suite is intuitive, and merges well into the workflow for users who've already been using Google products. It doesn't take much to tweak it a bit though it's often a good thing to restrict people to the environment they (often) grew up using.

Cons:

The walled garden which is Google becomes G Suites strongest selling point and also it's greatest weakness. Some organizations may not find this meets their needs, and while it's not specific to my use-case everyone should evaluate if G Suite meets their compliance needs. I also will say the admin panel is a bit simplified in comparison to what IT professionals may be used to (this might just be me), though it's improved with time.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Great office solution for our small team

Comments: Overall I'm happy with the software. It's easy for the team to use, document sharing and working on the same document together is very simple. I finally feel Google Chat is at least somewhat more comparable to Slack, but since it was so far behind when we started using G Suite, we're now stuck with Slack and switch is just too much of a hurdle. So if you're starting out with G Suite now you might be able to save yourself the money on a separate Slack subscription as well.

Pros:

G Suite has been very easy for our small team to use. The web apps are user friendly and easy for anyone to quickly get up to speed on. Google Meet is also very easy to use for team or external video meetings, and offers dial-in numbers for participants if some are on slow internet connections or don't have a microphone setup for their computer. The video quality has improved dramatically since I first started using it back in 2018. It works in the browser with no additional software installation needed, so it's quick and easy to use each time.

Cons:

Gmail needs an overhaul, especially the settings area to make it more user-friendly. Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts to navigate through Gmail is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be a way to map a shortcut to "Display images" in an e-mail if you have loading of these turned off by default, which I do for privacy and tracking reasons. For Google Drive it doesn't seem to save the sort order setting for each folder and there's no way to get this to save. Some folders where I prefer to sort the file order by Last Modified so recent ones show at the top then impact the sort order of other folders where I'd prefer it stay in alphabetical order. Google Meet needs to add more features similar to other video conferencing solutions to stay competitive.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Business Owner in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Smooth, Scheduled Workdays

Comments: As I stated earlier, I'm so proud of what I've built and what I've accomplished through my online business. I have come so far and I genuinely wanted to rate Google Workspace because it's become so critical to me. I depend on it like I do my doctor. It tells me when my appointments are, when a file is done copying, & so forth. Thank you Google.

Pros:

I am habitually lazy and I procrastinate worse than anyone I know but ever since I've started my own business, I've been able to keep those habits at bay thanks to software like Google Worspace. I LOVE the calendar, the real-time updates, collaboration, third-party integration, & especially task management. Without that, my business is lost. We use this software hourly. It's critical to my business!

Cons:

I feel like they could make it more simple to work offline with your documents. There isn't exactly a moment I'm offline generally, but there are sometimes unexpected outages. Either way, there's really nothing negative I have to say about this software.

Deni
Deni
Freelancer in Indonesia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Google Workspace is your Office.

Comments: Incredibly, I was able to cut costs associated with operating an office system or teamwork, because Google Workspace has almost everything you need to work. Google Workspace can be integrated with various platforms and third-party applications, making it easier for me to be more efficient in working on small and large-scale projects.

Pros:

Google Workspace is very easy to use and affordable for a small company like mine, but it doesn't take away the professional and sophisticated side that can help with all the work. Have various features been needed to complete work in an office without having to think about where to store, time to organize, and people to maintain technical operations. And I can work even outside the office or at home or while on vacation, can organize many people who work on one project in real time in sharing data and work.

Cons:

Customization in notifications that may be less varied and detailed, so sometimes we have to open in detail what the notifications are given by Google Workspace.

Kevin
Kevin
Inside Sales Manager in US
Consumer Electronics, 201–500 Employees

A great way to collaborate and work from home

Comments: Google Workplace is a great product for work from home. It allows great collaboration, and is very powerful -- almost as powerful as Microsoft Office (and in some important collaborative ways, more powerful). I would recommend this product for anyone looking to run work remotely.

Pros:

The best part of Google Workspace is the ability to comment in coworkers. This aids so much in collaboration and in leaps and bounds better than solutions from competitors. Also, a strong feature of Google Workspace is the ability to easily import ranges from other spreadsheets simply by referencing the URL. This can allow you to create smart sheets that automatically pull in data based on input.

Cons:

Vlookups from one sheet to another sheet are much more difficult to create. In Excel, you can start a vlookup in one sheet then click to select a range in another sheet and it will automatically fill in the range. In Google Sheets / Google Workspace ranges from another sheet need to be typed using importrange and the URL -- which is more difficult (although admittedly more powerful once you get he hang of it). Also I disliked pivot table creation. Excel's pivot table tools seem more robust.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Enhancing Education with Google Workspace: A Teacher's Perspective

Comments: he convenience of having all the necessary tools under one roof has not only streamlined my administrative tasks but has also enriched the learning experience for my students. Using Google Docs for collaborative writing projects has encouraged teamwork and improved writing skills, while Classroom has allowed me to engage with students in a dynamic and efficient manner. The integration of various applications, combined with the seamless transition between them, has made teaching and learning more dynamic and interactive.

Pros:

Google Workspace has been a transformative addition to my teaching toolkit. What I like most is the seamless integration of its various applications. The ability to communicate with students through Gmail, schedule assignments and events in Calendar, and collaborate on documents using the Google Docs Editors suite has streamlined my workflow significantly. This cohesion not only saves time but also fosters a more organized and productive learning environment.

Cons:

As an educator, I have found that students sometimes struggle to fully harness the potential of certain tools within Google Workspace, such as the more advanced features of Google Sheets and Google Slides. While these applications offer a wide range of functionalities for data analysis and visual presentations, students often require extra guidance to explore these features comprehensively. Moreover, although Google Workspace provides an excellent suite of applications, there could be enhanced offline functionality, especially for tools like Google Docs and Google Classroom.

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere

Comments: Extremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience.

Pros:

Where do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.

Cons:

The features in all of the Microsoft office-like programs in G Suite are not really close to comparable to the amount and quality of features in the actual Microsoft Office suite (yet). I assume this will get better with time but for example the variety of transitions and animations in Google Slides is much less than PowerPoint. Also, in Microsoft Excel you can basically code programs if you know what you are doing, and this is just not achievable yet with Google Sheets.

Michelle
Michelle
Internet Marketing Consultant in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

It's So Easy To Use You Feel Bad For Using It

Comments: Almost every business I have worked with over the last ten years or so has been rooted in Google Suite products, from advertising to basic internal communication. Over the years I've become extremely familiar with Chrome, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, AdWords, AdSense, scripting automation, Maps, Earth, YouTube, Chromecast, Analytics, Waze, Calendar, Android, Keep, Slides... and I'm pretty sure there are more that ought to be on the list, but the point is there is a Google version of almost everything I need to do. I was an early adopter of Microsoft's original OLE (object linking and embedding) that allowed you to be able to manage your data in one place (the database) and have changes reflected everywhere the data was used - Word Docs, Excel spreadsheets, Project reports and so on. G-Suite is like Office on steroids mixed with a little free 'crack' to keep you coming back - because they keep adding new functionality and it almost never costs the user a dime... as long as you don't mind being the commodity.

Pros:

There's no getting around the fact that the single most compelling reason to use the Google suite of business apps is that they are free for the average user. Gmail itself is ubiquitous, so no matter what group you work with - room mothers, band members, co-workers, volunteers - anyone with internet access either has, or can easily create, a Gmail address and boom - you're all part of a system that is easy to control. Sharing documents with Google Drive is way better than clogging up someone's email sending them file attachments. You can even share files with people you don't know - got a downloadable product you want to sell and don't have the time or the money to set up a full-fledged store? Include a secure link in a shared Google Drive file in an email or on a web page or even in a receipt. It's so easy you feel like you cheated. Another reason for using the Google Suite of products is that no matter what aspect of the G-Suite you are digging into, there will be a LOT of info out on the internet about how to get the most out of it. YouTube, Adwords scripts, spreadsheet automation, data reporting, maps to your business location, photo management and sharing, translating documents, managing your money, operating a classroom, casting web content to your TV... the list is extensive, and so are the online resources - videos and articles by users abound.

Cons:

One drawback to using this software is that it's unequivocally connected to YOU. Google Maps knows where you are if you have it installed on a phone. Every single IP address used to access any part of the Google universe is logged. Google code is in everything, all over the place. It's a little big-brother-feeling. That's the trade-off. You get all their software for free, but you give up your anonymity.

Nathaly
Marketing coordinator in South Africa
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

Brilliant all inclusive Business Solution

Comments: Overall my experience with Gsuite has been such an adventure.
The structure allows for safety but there is so much within the suite that your imagination is honestly the only limit.
Because there are so many pieces that can be integrated, changed and work together, I do believe that Gsuite has brought out a different way of thinking for me that allows me to think about process, procedures and customer satisfaction and streamlining all in one. I have had so much learning and playing and growing with the suite.

Pros:

I enjoy that this software has so many integrations and is flexible. I find that I have a good main structure to work with but that I can add, change or manipulate the softwares that are involved within the gsuite. I find that collaborating with my Team is a lot easier with hangouts. Our file storage system has become more streamlined with drive. We can each view eachothers calendars so there isn't any double bookings. My favourite tool within the Gsuite is Google Sheets. There isn't anything that I can't do with sheets. Together with App-Script I have managed to developed some mini functioning software for my teams as a way to keep daily tasks and data together, but also automate it enough to take away the admin aspects of their day. Gsuite has brilliant educational material. If I dont know how to do something or if I'm not sure I can integrate with another tool, searching is as simple as asking a question and BOOM! Answers given!

Cons:

I sometimes find that tools are all over the place. There isn't one 'Operating System' of sorts that puts them together. This is where something like Chrome OS comes in handy, however on my windows machine I rely on bookmarks, pinning and browser extensions to have my frequently used tools together. However, myself (and most people) are so used to this that it's an almost invisible challenge. It only becomes a little bit complicated when trying to look for ways to seamlessly use both tools together. This is where the right slide drawer in Gmail comes in handy. I just dont use my mailbox enough to frequently use that right slide drawer. If I could have that right slide drawer installed as an extension to my browser that would be all the more useful!

Felicia Ann
IBO in Mexico
Higher Education, Self Employed

Gsuite

Comments: My experience with them started off okay and ended up awful due to the fact that I had paid the price of having a g suite account it didn't matter to them because they disable my account and have not provided any support to me which hurt my business that I was working on very hard to begin and had been advertising and promoting for years alongside with many other advertising websites that I have been doing I had lost a lot of my time and dedication of years that I put into this causing me to still be emotionally damaged still to this day I talked about my account and how much it hurts me daily because I had put so much effort into this so much time and so much work with my Google suite I had also learned through their Google education program I worked with Amazon AWS and completed my certification I worked with Microsoft and I worked with many other agencies that even invested into me as well as support and to have it all lost because of one account really really affected me. I have recovered some of my accounts since this but it hasn't been easy and it's been a huge struggle my experience was awful but yours might be different if you work alone and you live alone and you decide to go with this company and work hard towards something you plan to have I'm sure you'll get there using this product however sometimes if you go through one bad experience it could also ruin everything that you had worked years for

Pros:

This product can use more security support for customers, as well as a team of operators on standby to even help with technical support even if you're the administrator of your own account and if somebody steals your code to or a possible error happens for some impossible reason or something who can help you if you're the administer, who can help you to fix this if even them themselves can not provide any help for support of their own product they are selling I have no support because somehow my credit card that was linked to this account just disappeared from my home and this is causing me to not be able to get anywhere support because they want me to verify my credit card that was either stolen from my house or somehow it disappeared into thin air. I do have a statement however and plan to contact them once again but for now I have had too much stress do to this company and have many other important people and I rather spend my time on now . Working on my own has taught me one thing that you really have better relationships with people you have developed with over the years mini good supporters that I have are still right by my side and there's others like she sweet who do not value their customers as they say they do they don't get to know them on a level where they actually know that you are you and that your information is secure and private with them and having them help you along the way.

Cons:

I had worked with them and began my business with them up to ten years and they decided to disable my account and failed to give me any explanation to as a y I had my account disabled and their customer support is awful I receive no support at all after even explaining to them that I had paid for my own domain and needed this matter to be taken seriously and immediately due to me being a self-employed business owner

Carlos Henrique
Carlos Henrique
Junior Production Analyst III in Brazil
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Comments: Since my first day the use of this software was a must!
Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought!
With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets.
Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design.
Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily.
In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros:

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive. Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more). All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home. Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons:

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time. Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

Would never use another service just for the company email alone.

Comments: GStuie, and Google in general, gives the answer to so many questions and provides so much for such a great price, it is ridiculous to conceive of using anything else.

Pros:

There are so many things that GSuite can do that it would be impossible to list all of the pros. I'm going to just focus on email for this review to try to simplify things. The greatest thing about GSuite for your company email is that if you have a parent company, with multiple smaller companies underneath it, you don't have to pay to have email service for every single domain! Each domain can be set up as a subdomain of the parent company and then every user can receive email at [email protected] in the same mailbox! Additionally, you can create a "group" like "support" and it will then work for the main domain and each subdomain in the same group section! You can have them all go into a group messaging system where any of your users can respond, or you can use routing to send them to a ticketing system! Easy Peasy! That's just one part of one product, out of MANY, Amazing!

Cons:

It almost always has the ability to perform the function that you need, the only problem is that sometimes finding that information can be a little difficult, specifically finding the correct wording to search for if you're not familiar with the lingo for a particular feature. Additionally, Google support can sometimes be a chore to contact, but once you do get a hold of them, I must say they are exceptional overall! Also, they don't allow API Keys for subdomains, so linking some services like email or maps with other programs to do automated stuff on your behalf for a specific subdomain can at times be challenging.

Nicholas
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

An alternative to Microsoft email platform

Comments: Besides the most recent issue I had with my client it has always worked.

Pros:

It isn't MS exchange! Easy to configure and maintain. The email service just works. It NEVER goes down. Not in the years that I have used it for myself and clients.

Cons:

One of my most recent integrations had an absurd restriction on mail enabled groups that lasted more than 90 days. It was infuriating and after opening more than 20 tickets all we could do is wait out the 90 days for external mail enabled groups.

Nathan
Nathan
Digital Marketing Manager in Zambia

G Suite is the tool we swear by the most. Great for all business sizes.

Pros:

G Suite allows us to manage our business communication centrally and also collaborate on documents and projects internally in real time. The best features include 1) Easy integration across the G Suite makes it easy to work on documents, send emails and collaborate (a huge thing for a company like ours). G Suite works with many existing file formats making it easy for us to quickly add documents and files to our drives and emails. 2) Gmail for business is king - The use of threaded emails in Gmail accounts is great (especially with the new Gmail interface), also being able to share files via Google drive and insert edited documents on the file from Google Drive. 3) Google Docs and Sheets allow us to collaborate in our different departments and provide us with real time edits, so we can see who is editing what and when it was edited. The real time collaboration helps especially as our teams usually work remotely. Without sounding like a fan boy, G Suite really competes with the best of the best business communication solutions out there and is great for collaboration and communication.

Cons:

Although we are impressed with G Suite as a whole, it is not without its flaws: 1) G Suite always logs you out of your main account even when you tell it to remember your device. This is really annoying even if it is a security feature. 2) Also documents are not always organized properly, when you add a document more than once to your Drive, it will show up there the same number of times. (A duplicate remove feature would be very helpful for this). Also add ons in the G suite app area, do not always work as proposed. Why does one need a plug in for word count? 3) Hangouts is a confusing feature to use. Hangout chat is supposed to be better but we have ended up using our existing third party group communication tool. 4) Mobile Apps do not always sync in real time - When syncing between mobile apps and the web apps, at times, documents do not show up as they were created. For example, we have a large spreadsheet that is constantly updated and G suite mobile apps may crash or take more than a minute to load even on flagship phones because of the constant updates to the file.