15 years helping Irish businesses

About tawk.to

Chat tool for connecting with customers through a mobile app or on your website. Supports chat history and performance analytics.

Learn more about tawk.to

Pros:

Just like if you were talking to any other business in online chat. You are notified very quickly as well when someone is ready to chat, or needs further assistance.

Cons:

Sometimes, we had issues with notifications not popping up properly, and our clients missed a chat or two because of that, but it seems that issue was fixed recently.

tawk.to ratings

4.6
4.4
4.4
4.7

8.8/10

tawk.to has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 329 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used tawk.to before?

Allen
Allen
President in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great Live Chat for your Website

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Tawk.io allows me to customize the chat bubble, see in real time what people are typing before hitting send so I know what si on their mind. It recognizes new vs return users and you can set up page specific messaging to increase conversions.

Cons:

I had a web developer deploy it and it took time to get the setting right and the messaging correct, but after that it's pretty easy to use.

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Tawk.to, an excellent tool to connect with our clients from the Web or the mobile APP.

Comments: Tawk. to has provided us with a higher level of automation in our customer service process, which has allowed us to reduce response times to our customers, in addition to being able to cover a much larger audience.So, every time customers want to ask a question, they simply decide to access the link that we have provided in our mobile or web APP and start effective communication when our agents are online, or carry out a registration process for a request in mode offline. On the other hand, Tawk.to has interesting features within the platform, such as making annotations in each chat, the ability to view a timeline, printing chat content directly for further processing, and much more.

Pros:

Tawk.to is excellent when it comes to interacting directly with our customers from our website or mobile application since we maintain constant interaction for a better customer experience, and all this information is available on the administrative platform, which in addition to being able to Record each of the chats, generate information for analysis and statistical treatment.Its dashboard is quite complete and allows us to view, for example, the number of chats carried out during the day and week, the number of responses, visits from our clients, and multiple monitoring reports, in addition to recording each chat in detail, and it even allows us to record comments to clarify doubts in a later analysis.

Cons:

Tawk.to is a very complete online/offline chat and is widely used for both Web environments and mobile APPs, however, it is important to consider that the human factor is still invaluable, since for example, if we have logged into the administrative platform, it will depend on us to have an effective response time and communication that generates value for that client.

Joseph
Information Technology Specialist in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

tawk.to Review by Nganga

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

tawk.to integrated well with our website which makes it easy to communicate with online visitors.

Cons:

I can’t recall the last aspect that failed me when using tawk.to.

Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Stay away. There are many other options

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Not prime-time ready. Design, product, customer service, nothing

Pros:

I like the parrot logo. Nothing other than that really

Cons:

Customer support and the product experience

QALINA
QALINA
Corporate Financial Controller in Azerbaijan
Consumer Goods, 501–1,000 Employees

Tawk to for live support

Comments: Tawk.to helped us to serve our customers online. Moreover, it helped us to track the number of visitors and their location.

Pros:

Tawk.to has got many advantages for live support. For example, it shows information about the visitor. You can track the user's country location, how many times they joined your webpage, users' activity on the webpage where they clicked so on. Moreover, during the chatting with the visitor the tawk.to shows you what are they going to write you on the chat window before they send the message. Daily, monthly reporting features are great to know the interest of your webpage. For the free trial, you can register 3 support agents.

Cons:

I do not have special concerns about the software even with the pricing. But one problem there was simply I can not decide whether it is the problem of G Suite or Tawk.to. The thing is when we offline sender should be able to receive the inquiry to our email which is in G Suite. However, we could not direct the Tawk.to inquiry to usual G Mail but not to the G Suite that was really strange. Besides everything is fine.

Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Live chat made easy

Comments: Helped us chat with clients
Different time zones also enabled us to inform our online customers when we were offline.

Pros:

Tawk to makes it easy to chat with your clients. It offers great product features like the multiple chatting with different users at the same. As a team you can also know who has been talking to which client. You can advise clients if you are offline. The data insights really assist when chatting to clients like geographical location and browsing history on our own website.

Cons:

The dashboard really need to understand it so that the data insights can be fully understood. For you to have a logo you will need to pay,

Laurentiu
CEO in Romania
Design, Self Employed

Using it everyday, great for livechats

Comments: Good for live chats, but lacks some ticket management features.

Pros:

We mainly use it for their live chat feature, but we're also happy with the traffic notifications.

Cons:

Some traffic gets disconnected from their country, so their country data is gone and a default worldwide icon appears.

Pascual
Pascual
Project Manager in Panama
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Tawk.to, a messaging application that allows you to monitor and chat with your site visitors under a

Comments: Very easy to register as a client of the tool, a simple integration process for mobile APP and maintenance tasks that allow detailed customization based on our needs and business rules.

Pros:

Tawk.to has a fairly complete interactive panel for the client and allows us to provide valuable information about visitors, in chats and page views, through graphs and historical analysis. It also integrates with different third-party applications and platforms such as WordPress, which is widely used by most implementations.

Cons:

I think that the price factor is important, and possibly tawk.to should reduce the prices a bit as new platforms appear on the market every day so it is important to stay competitive. On the other hand I am not sure if the implementation of this platform could create a feeling of slowing down the site, so we must test this a little more in detail.

Shaunak
Shaunak
Software Engineer in Frontend in India
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Best started for your chat bot needs

Comments: I use Tawk.to as a offline client for my visitors of my website, it handles a predefined flow of dialogue and also lets me interact with online user. So its been a great experience till date

Pros:

Yes Tawk.to is easy to use for a beginners in web development, I registered and setup my need based bot and deployed directly on my live site by just copy pasting script code readily available from main page in dashboard. I like this stuff most

Cons:

The don't allow much branding and customizing stuff. I would like to see a customized bot who can handle a predefined flow of dialog in my absence and if it really needs my engagement then even I can join chat.

Paweł
Paweł
SEO Expert in Poland
Wholesale, Self Employed

Live chat for all businesses

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Tawk to is very easy to implement and use. It's my favorite live chat, and i assume most free.

Cons:

I can't Rember if its any thing about tawk.to to dislike.

Rosalina
Executive Assistant in Philippines
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

"Tawk.to Review: Is This Free Live Chat Software Right for Your Business? Pros and Cons Explored"

Comments: Overall, Tawk.to is a free and user-friendly live chat software that can help businesses communicate with customers in real-time. However, its limited features, integrations, and customization options may make it less suitable for businesses with more complex needs.

Pros:

Liberated from Cost: Tawk.to is totally allowed to utilize, making it an appealing choice for independent companies with restricted financial plans.Multi-Language Backing: Tawk.to upholds north of 40 dialects, making it simple to speak with clients and site guests from around the world.Adjustable Visit Gadget: Tawk.to's talk gadget is completely adaptable, permitting organizations to customize it to match their marking and web composition.Continuous Guest Observing: Tawk.to gives ongoing guest checking, empowering organizations to follow guest conduct, screen traffic sources, and break down client conduct.Multi-channel Informing: Tawk.to permits organizations to speak with clients across different channels, including email, Facebook Courier, and WhatsApp.

Cons:

Restricted Elements: Tawk.to comes up short on of the high level elements tracked down in other live visit programming, for example, chatbots and artificial intelligence controlled robotization.Restricted Combinations: Tawk.to has restricted mixes with outsider programming, which can make it challenging to oversee client information and computerize work processes.Customization Requires Specialized Abilities: Modifying Tawk.to's talk gadget requires specialized abilities, which might be a weakness for organizations without devoted IT staff.Detailing and Examination: Tawk.to's announcing and investigation highlights are to some degree restricted, making it hard to dissect execution and pursue information driven choices.Client service: Tawk.to's client service is fairly restricted, with help accessible just through email and a client local area gathering.

Umair
Manager in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Best and Professional Live Chat Software

Comments: My overall experience with tawk.to is really awesome because I am using this as a WordPress plugin. Because of my company website, we developed through WordPress, therefore, we have installed a tawk.to Plugin. Me and my team members are using this platform, we always chat with our coming customers using this Plugin. We are very happy because we have increased a number of customers.

Pros:

If you are searching for a Free live chat software, then tawk.to is really awesome. The setup is really easy, just copy a javascript code line and paste in the HTML of your website. If you are using the WordPress content management system, then you can also install a tawk.to plugin and if you are using Joomla then there is also an extension available of tawk.to. The dashboard is really simple to use, where you can see your user's details. You can start chatting with your website customers and users. You can also invite members of your team.

Cons:

Everything is perfect because we can monitor our website visitors in real-time. We can chat and discuss with them about our products, which we are offering on our websites. It's free and without ads. So according to my point of view, every feature of tawk.to is awesome. Only the dashboard should be easier for beginners. All other things and features are really fabulous.

Ian
Business Development manager in UK
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Not only great for talking with customers but a great visual tool

Comments: We introduced Tawk.to as a way to talk with customers who are perhaps reluctant to call or email in case they get the hard sell.
We have found it useful when dealing with customers from abroad who are perhaps not confident enough in their verbal english but happy to type it.

Pros:

1 - it's completely free 2 - It just works, really well 3 - On top of the web chat feature I can see in real time what pages on our site customers are visiting, this gives me a really useful picture of what pages are popular. 4 - you can also see what country your visitors are from and what platform/browser they use 5 - lots of useful automated quick responses

Cons:

It's not the software's fault but you do get some occasional idiots on web chat. One guy messaged "hello" then continued with the rest of the lyrics for the Lionel Ritchie song - very odd. The live monitoring occasionally (and deliberately) goes to sleep if you're not active so you have to click to keep subscribing. I expect that's to reduce unnecessary load on the web servers so I don't blame them. I don't think you have too many options to customise the web chat pop-up shape/size/design other than colour and the text you want to use

Mark
Sales and Marketing in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

It's Forever Free

Comments: This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking to add a chat functionality to their website. The setup takes no time at all and it is honestly is free for life!! That's sounds hard to believe, but trust me, it's true

Pros:

The best feature of Tawk.to is that the basic chat system (which is actually quite advanced for what it is) is forever free. I have been using Tawk.to for 3 years now and never paid a penny for using it which is fantastic. It is easy to setup, easy to implement and easy to manage!

Cons:

The only issue I have with Tawk.to is that notification emails from missed chats can take 30 - 60 minutes to be sent via email which means you miss the user being live on your site.

Sourav
Sourav
Administrator in India
Higher Education, Self Employed

Awesome and easy to install chat support system

Comments: This software has helped me generate more sales from my website as I am directly able to chat with potential clients the minute they arrive on my website.

Pros:

For a startup with small funds it was difficult to afford expensive chat systems on our website but this was one thing we absolulely needed as customers wanted to talk to a human when they got to our site. Tawk to solved this so efficiently. Not only did they provide this service for free (yes there is a paid tier also and one where they provide you with CC agents). Their chat widget is extremely easy to install, supports wordpress and customizable. To top it all they even provide an Android app which I use when I am travelling to talk to visitors on my website.

Cons:

There is an issue with their mobile app as it does not always notifies you when someone is on the site. Though this is not a common occurance, still its not non-existent either. Another thing is that their web dashboard is a bit cluttered, atleast that is how I feel. They could give a little thought to the UI and UX of their website’s dashboard.

Abid
Abid
Manager Operations in Pakistan
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The Incredible and Awesome Chat Software

Comments: I am really satisfied with tawk.to. There are lots of reasons. First, it is free. Then I have installed tawk.to in my WordPress websites with the help of tawk.to plugin. I sell online products on my e-commerce website, so I allow my visitors to chat with me before purchasing any product. It’s really easy to understand and use. For my websites, the importance of tawk.to is too much. Because it has helped me to communicate with my visitors and customers. Even I have installed this on my other websites which I developed using Joomla and Magento. I am really happy with tawk.to features.

Pros:

If you want to monitor your website visitors and if you want to chat with them, then the tawk.to is really best for you. You can easily set up and it’s free forever. According to my experience, the software is also too much secure. Within 1 minute you can set up the tawk.to on your website or app. Just copy the easy line of JavaScript and paste it into the HTML of your website. After that, instantly you can see the chat widget on your website. You can answer to the chats even from your Mobile device. It’s really awesome and amazing chat software.

Cons:

For me, every feature and use of tawk.to is really easy. Because I am using this chat plugin on my own websites and also on my client’s websites. So, I am really aware of the dashboard and interface of this plugin. Only for the beginners, the interface should be easier. All the other features are very good.

Simon
Owner in Czechia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Online chat

Pros:

Great solution for your eshop. It works as it should. The free version can also be used. I used free for a long time, but I have passed to paid.

Cons:

I am satisfied with everything. everything works.

Lekha
Digital Marketing Specialist in United Arab Emirates
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best software for real-time chat

Comments: It is basic software all need if your business is in a budding stage. Pretty easy to use, with no complex workaround so anyone can learn the process in little time. I am very happy with the product.

Pros:

Being in an e-commerce business, we will always get customer chats. Tawkto helped us a lot in meeting the customers' needs on time. We never missed a chat as we received prompt notifications when anyone opened the chat window and start chatting. Tawkto mobile app helps you be online even on the go.

Cons:

It was a pretty basic software that meets the requirements of a small business. As the business grows I think it would need more tweaks so multi-user interaction will be possible. When we add more users it's difficult in assigning tickets and checking analytics.

Farhan
Farhan
Booking Officer in Pakistan
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best chat platform for your Website

Comments: I use Tawk.to as a WordPress plugin in my websites which I have developed through WordPress. The plugin is really easy to use, after installation just login with tawk.to account and we can start chatting with our visitors. Especially in my e-commerce websites I chat with my users and I describe them about the products of my website.

Pros:

Tawk.to allows you to chat with the visitors of your website or mobile application. The dashboard is really easy to understand. Where you can add different users. You can see online visitors of your website and you can chat with them. The setup is really easy and you can start tracking.

Cons:

According to my experience, there should be more chat themes with different styles. All other features of tawk.to are really fabulous and awesome.

Kenneth
Creative Director in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Review for tawk.to

Comments: Overall, tawk.to is an amazing Livechat support software and it has helped us retain a good number of leads via following up on them in real time when they are on our website. I would recommend the software to those who want to have great retention of the leads who visit their website.

Pros:

I came to know about this software years ago when we were having great website visitation but our sales was low. We started pondering on the best way to convert all the leads who visit our website to paying clients. Our option was to have a live chat so we can communicate with our leads and that was when we found out about tawk.to. It is an amazing Live chat support software with free version and a feature to help you know where your lead is chatting from. The software helps us to track website visitors and pages they are browsing, this let us know which page to Optimize on our website in order to increase sales. Also,the software is easy to install and it being compatible with Wordpress is a great bonus

Cons:

One of the issues I have with tawk.to is it's sophisticated backend which can be confusing to non technical people. I have to take my clients through a mini tutorial on how to install the software . Also, the mobile version hardly sends me notification.

Marcus
Self-employed in Singapore
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Feature-packed and intuitive live support program

Comments: After trying so many different live support programs, I decided to go with Tawk.to. The free plan has so many premium features such as ticketing, triggers and shortcuts. They put deep thought into the user experience of both the live support agent and the customer, and have an amazing mobile app that goes along with their web-based app.

Pros:

My favorite feature is that I can easily take over conversations from my agents even when I am on the go with their mobile app. They have also added the support ticketing system where my agents can escalate certain customer concerns to me if they are unable to resolve them.

Cons:

Canned notifications cannot be edited via the mobile app. It will be nice to have this feature because sometimes I might need to make edits on the fly.

Nick
BDM in Czechia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Review

Comments: Good live chat and analyst

Pros:

Free trial and good rewievs . I liked it

Cons:

No mobile application so I can't be online all the time

Lilian
Lilian
Digital marketer in Zimbabwe
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Online communication

Comments: Because of a lot of functions, it has like visitors type, pages they visit and location, it helps us make more personalized chatting experience especially with repeat customers.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and to implement, gives demographics of web visitors so that you know in which state or country they are. This enables you even to personalise your chat thus increasing customer service. Offers its own tawkto icon on the free version chat and the flexibility to personalize once you pay. The free version is really incredible especially their features of adding someone else for support.

Cons:

They add ons are pricey and not worth the amount you will need to pay

Accounting, 51–200 Employees

to talk with client

Comments: The experience with the program is very good, I receive the messages that the customer sends at the same time, regardless if I am on the phone, notebook or computer, which makes it much easier, because I can be in meetings or walking and can give an instant feedback. The program is very good, I get the messages that the customer sends at the same time, regardless of whether I'm on the phone, notebook or computer, which makes it much easier, because I can be in meetings or walking and can give a feedback instantly.

Pros:

What I like most about the software is the possibility to talk to customers at the same time they are accessing the site, not requiring any kind of call or email to be able to contact the company directly.

Cons:

I had a little difficulty configuring the software with my site, as I have no experience with this type of configuration, but in the end I was able to.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great free software

Comments: Perfect! It bridges the gap from people who might not be ready to call but still would like to ask a question. also people at work or who don't like to talk on the phone prefer to type rather than talk

Pros:

Cons:

requires someone to be there to awnser the questions. the location of people is completly off but not that improtant.