Filter by:

• Overall

About Samsara

Streamline your fleet operations and reduce costs with Samsaras all-in-one platform for GPS tracking, safety, ELD compliance and more.

Learn more about Samsara

Hillary L.
  • Reviewed on 5/1/2021

"Complete package for GPS and DOT compliance"

Comments: It's really nice that Samsara GPS pings frequently. This means you can watch vehicles moving in real time, which is great for updating VIP clients. The DOT compliance portion completes the GPS services.

Pros: It's great having GPS, driver logs and vehicle inspections in one place. Our team uses GPS daily to keep on top of trips in progress for our chauffeur service. We do have vehicles that are under FMCSA jurisdiction, so we need to keep detailed driver logs and vehicle maintenance files, which are all done through Samsara as well, making things easier.

Cons: Unlike our last GPS service, you're not able to drop a pin to get a time when a vehicle was at a certain location. This is a bit of a nuisance and you have to guess.

• Reviewed on 5/1/2021
Hector P.
Safety and Shop Coordinator
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/4/2021

"Excellent product"

Comments: Excellent product, living up to expectations so far.

Pros: Easy for the drivers to use, dispatchers have accurate and timely information on vehicle and driver sports status.

Cons: Very frequent updating, tablets need to be restarted every time causing a slight delay in the drivers ability to start or continue their day.

• Reviewed on 27/4/2021
Andres L.
Operations Manager

"Next level tech."

Comments: Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros: *Easy to use
*Can be used on different platforms
*Looks very high tech

Cons: On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Leroy M.
Safety Director
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/9/2020

"Very satisfied Customer"

Comments: We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Pros: Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Cons: We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

• Reviewed on 30/9/2020
Hope T.
Fleet Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Excellent Service"

Comments: Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros: Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons: A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Brian T.
Service Administrator
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Free Trial"

Comments: Solid overall experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very nice and accommodating with anything that we needed. Overall the website works well and my drivers all said it was very user friendly.

Pros: Hookup and setup was very easy. Website is clear and not cluttered and easy to navigate.

Cons: It took me a little bit to figure out how to get in and see the cameras when videos were available.

Kristina G.
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/2/2020

"Samsara Software Review"

Comments: Our experience with Samsara has been very positive. The customer service has been extremely responsive when I've had a question or concern to help me resolve the issue.

Pros: This software provides everything we needed in a GPS company fleet tracking software. It allows me to check in and see where my employees are, but it also keeps track of things for the vans that I don't know how else to keep track of. We have it set up to tell me when the vehicle needs maintenance including oil changes. This has been SO nice! The camera features has actually helped significantly when a company vehicle has been in an accident to show to the police and see what really happened.

Cons: The thing I like the least about the software is I wish I had the ability to edit the vehicle and the driver driving the vehicle on the same page at the same time. Instead, I have to go into the drivers page and then go to a different section entirely to edit anything for the vehicle information. With having to switch back and forth, I sometimes get a little lost and it takes clicking around a lot before I figure it out.

• Reviewed on 6/2/2020
Bill S.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 9/6/2020

"Adaptive Product"

Comments: Samsara has been great to work with. They have allowed us to stream line a few of our companies operations. They have also allowed us to increase our companies over all safety with real time tracking and driver coaching.

Pros: Samsara software is easy to use. It supplies us with full integration with our TMS. The efficiency and ease of use has allowed us to adapt our business in these challenging times.

Cons: The only 2 things I think are cons for this software does not utilize or give us the option to use military time. Also we would like to see a couple different options for video retrieval. I personally would like to see at least the ability to pull a 2 minute video or even up to a 5 minute video.

• Reviewed on 9/6/2020
Juan L.
Safety
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/7/2018

"Samsara Fleet Solution"

Comments: Truly and completely satisfied. I would not choose ANY other software. I have worked with them almost 3 years and have implemented across 3 different fleets with little to no issues. It is truly a Lilium inter spinas, "a Lily among the thorns"

Pros: Accurate. Ease of use. All encompassing. ALWAYS improving and feature packed. NEXT generation LIVE tracking, 3 second delay, this is absolutely amazing.
Complete and total control of the fuel usage in both trucks AND refrigerated trailers.
Elog is effective and easy to manage WHEN properly used.

Cons: There is not much, just a couple of features I'd like to see implemented, HOWEVER to their credit, they have added things I have asked for which is MAGICAL.

• Reviewed on 27/7/2018
Kevin M.
Kevin M.
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/2/2019

"Easy to use, does most of what we need"

Comments: Working with samsara has been good, initially watch out how you sign up with the overall contract, make sure you sign up through Samsara and not the financing company they send over first.

Pros: Uses google maps, so little to no learning curve on how to operate the GPS software. Quick refresh time, about 15-20 second delay from actual location when driving, very good compared to 1 minute delays from other companies. Easy to add locations in bulk through csv list importing, easy to see where vehicles are on the map and where they have been.

Cons: Route optimization would be nice, to be able to put in a list of addresses and click optimize. Currently you can only do this with delivery times, but if you are a service industry like mowing, it does not make sense to put in delivery time windows. CSV bulk address importing will duplicate entries if you upload a list with a few updates, so keep that in mind. Would be nice if it would recognize duplicates and ask if you want to update or skip them.

• Reviewed on 15/2/2019
Chad B.
Operations Manager
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2020

"Unmatched Customer Service"

Comments: Easier than other providers I have had in the past.

Pros: Support is awesome!
They help you implement change so you understand what is needed to make future changes if necessary.

Cons: Routing could be improved,
I would like to upload an entire route instead of inserting one destination at a time.
Yes you can save routes but it would be so much easier if I was able to click an upload button for an entire route.

• Reviewed on 22/9/2020
Allen B.
Owner Operator @A L B Trucking LLC
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2019

"Samsara Electronic Log Service..... the best out there in my opinion"

Comments: Love the product. Used it when was leased to a terminal and liked it so much that I subscribed to using it on my own authority

Pros: It’s user friendly, you can retrieve video footage of each trip, dash cam takes a picture every 2 minutes while engine is running and also videos every trip during traveling. Easy to do pre-trip inspection . Can use yard move while waiting to load and save on your actual drive time.

Cons: Doesn’t change from yard move to driving automatically

• Reviewed on 17/9/2019
Christy B.
HSE
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/9/2019

"Good product being continuously improved"

Pros: We installed the gateway and dual camera on our crew trucks. I looked at lots of options before settling on Samsara, and even trialed with one other company. Any issues I have had are resolved quickly. I feel that we are a safer fleet now. I am overall very happy with the system and would recommend it.

Cons: I found the road speed limit is not always accurate and I received a lot of false alerts, so I turned those alerts off. I have enabled alerts that ensure a certain top speed is not exceeded instead. Samsara does seem to work diligently to continuously improve their product, so I will try this feature again down the line and hope that they have fixed the issue.

Andrea D.
Utilities, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2021

"STAY AWAY FROM SAMSARA"

Comments: We have been with this company for over a year and finding the prices for the service and the shipping to be ridiculous and unaffordable at this point. They also charge $116 shipping to ship three tiny key fobs to us @ $12 each. Nowhere do they clearly state a cancellation clause - I've been looking everywhere for it. But they're telling me that we'll have to pay "a fee that is equal to a year of service for each device you are returning" as a penalty. And this is even if we return all the equipment. You are TRAPPED. It's like a gym membership scam. LISTEN TO THE COUNTLESS NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY.

Pros: GPS tracking but NOT WORTH IT.
And this form appears to be forcing me to say what I "like most" about them because it won't submit until I write something in this space.

Cons: Customer service is only nice when you're spending money. The moment you actually have a legitimate issue, they have a 'tough luck' policy, and they have no qualms about tell you 'too bad, you're under contract' instead of trying to work with you.

by Samsara on 6/8/2021

Hi Andrea, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and have shared the feedback with the team. Thank you for being a valued customer.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2021
Amy R.
Safety and Compliance
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Awesome ELD System"

Comments: You do not have the usual issues with Samsara like you do with other products on the market. I have used 6 different ELD's in my career and this is by far the best yet!

Pros: Everything. Easy to use from an Admin and Driver standpoint. Hardly ever have a connection issue like you see with others on the market. If you're looking for an ELD for your fleet this is the one you want!

Cons: Nothing. Great software. You do not have the usual issues with Samsara like you do with other products on the market.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Chris B.
Terminal Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2018

"Easy to use dashboard and app."

Pros: Easy to train drivers on use of App. The dashboard is slick and well designed. Installation was very simple. Customer service is well educated and always has answers. Replacement devices or cables arrive in just a couple days and we are on other side of country from Samsara.

Cons: Least liked aspect is lag time in driver updates. Sometimes driver is 20 minutes up the road and not where they are represented on map. Also can take a bit for turn by turn tracking to catch up. Finally, dislike that if App is running in background of phone or other device, ELD is showing as disconnected. Once it is turned on it should show active.

• Reviewed on 12/4/2018
Cindy W.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Saved us money"

Comments: My insurance rates went down because I use Samsara.
One of my trucks was involved in a collision. The photos produced showed no fault on our end and the costs were completely mitigated and reduced.
The driving habits of my employees have improved because they know I am watching. We discuss this at weekly staff meetings.

Pros: With 4-6 trucks on the road daily, I like to see where they are because it allows us to add on deliveries while in the area. Fuel costs are minimized. I can look at historical routes that a specific truck / driver made to confirm his overtime. I especially like the route optimization feature. We use this daily and it has saved us in payroll cost as well as downtime with my drivers. The clarity of photos is crystal.

Cons: I haven't been able to figure out how to be notified immediately when a driver is off route or has a moving violation.

Andres R.
GM
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Surpassed expectations"

Comments: The technology is far better than the others I was looking at. My biggest selling point was the facial recognition. It was time consuming to manually change drivers on our previous system.

Pros: I like the harsh event and engine fault notifications

Cons: The cost. Its 3 times what I was paying before but I am happy with the service. I hope to save on insurance and maintenance next year to offset the cost

Darrin R.
Transportation/Logistics Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/9/2019

"Samsara for Fleets Review"

Comments: Samsara is our ELD and FSMA solution.

Pros: Ease of use
Responsive to input from users
Cutting edge

Cons: I can't think of anything at this point.

Todd S.
safety director
  • Reviewed on 30/7/2018

"Thoughts from Vmax Transportation, Zeeland, MI"

Comments: The visibility of our trucks is a bonus, but we did not have any issues with our drivers before using Samsara. Any problems or questions we have had with Samsara have been handled very quickly and professionally by support.

Pros: We (Vmax) tested a lot of ELD systems prior to the mandate, and Samsara was the best one we tested. the accuracy, ease of use and display were all good.

Cons: Having to use the software to do our business and the cost associated with it.

Brenden M.
Transportation
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/7/2018

"Samsara ELD, Dashcams, and Trailer Sensors"

Comments: I absolutely love this company. Relative to who we were with before, everything is easier, faster, and quicker to learn. The driver app is simple and self explanatory, which was a must for our organization.

Pros: Both Samsara's hardware and software are cutting edge, sleek, and easy to use. Aside from easy installation, and user friendly portal. Their customer service has been close to none other that i have encountered.

Cons: The only thing negative i have to say about Samsara is when referring another company. It is all hearsay, but the impression i got is Fleet Size has sway on the amount of support you get.

Candace S.
Traffic Manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2018

"My previous software was called Omnitracs/XRS. Samsara beats that hands down."

Comments: The ability to perform my job more accurately. I am in a very time sensitive situation with the routes of my drivers and knowing exactly where they are and where they have been is absolutely critical in making the right decision in a crisis. Samsara allows me that with very good reliability. I have only had the software for a couple of months but already I know that it is much better than the previous software.

Pros: The accuracy and functionality. The software I had previously would be at least 10 - 15 minutes behind what was actually happening. With Samsara, I can watch my trucks moving down the road and the accuracy is within a couple of minutes.

Cons: That I didn't get it sooner. The accuracy of this software allows me to know exactly where my drivers are at all times and also where they have been. With my previous software, I had no confidence in what I was seeing so I was unable to make good decisions regarding my fleet.

• Reviewed on 17/4/2018
German C.
Branch Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

"Very Satisfied"

Comments: Real time location and routes for our drivers. Streamlined our drop offs to advise our clients when employees will arrive.

Pros: Easy to use. Helped us make our route drop offs more efficient. Helped with routes and driver locations.

Cons: not enough record time for video retrieval.

Scott L.
Scott L.
President & Owner

"McMillan Transport"

Comments: Samsara is a good company to work with and I like their product a lot. The fact that my tablets connect via Wifi is good.

Pros: The ease of use of your product, such as the map and alerts

Cons: That you still cannot figure out how to get your software to read my two newest trucks odometers - this has been a real problem. I've also had performance issues as a result of them using AT&T as their coverage is not as good as Verizon in the areas my trucks travel.

Vernon R.
Director of safety and compliance
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2020

"all around great product"

Comments: We have loved it from the beginning. Very easy to install and very user friendly. Driver pick up on it quickly

Pros: I really like the break down of the different reports

Cons: I really dont have any issue at the moment

• Reviewed on 29/9/2020