Samsara Reviews

4.1 (241) Write a Review!

About Samsara

Streamline your fleet operations and reduce costs with Samsaras all-in-one platform for GPS tracking, safety, ELD compliance and more.

Learn more about Samsara

Pros:

It is the best integration I have seen so far.

Cons:

Also could not post a route larger than 20 stops, that is the limit built into Samsara, we can have routes with up to 30 stops in a day.

Samsara ratings

4.1
4.0
4.0
3.9

7.5/10

Samsara has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 241 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Samsara before?

L. Houston
L. Houston
Fleet Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

Comments: I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Pros:

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Cons:

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Tate
Director of technical operations, growth, and development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Comments: Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros:

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons:

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Judith
safety manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

It is a pretty good system

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It’s helping me stay compliant and maintain a good safety score.

Pros:

The camera features are by far better than I’ve seen on other similar prices elogs

Cons:

It’s not as user friendly as others. Some of these drivers need the simplicity not all the bells and whistles

Laina
Safety DIrector in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Not happy with Samsara at all

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I am not happy with Samsara. I would not recommend Samsara. Our contract is over next month and I have already found a replacement company.

Pros:

The ifta reports were easy to access and utilize.

Cons:

Just about everything else. I was constantly calling with problems, explaining the problem and they said they would help and never call back. When I called them back I was told I have a new rep. This was repeated over and over through the contract. I had some MAJOR issues that were NEVER handled.

Samsara Response

last week

Laina, we're sorry to hear about this experience and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We understand you've been in touch with our team and have worked with them to resolve the issue.

Wendy
Safety/Admin in Canada
Translation & Localisation, 11-50 Employees

Safety

Comments: not bad

Pros:

reports for idling, camera views, maintenance reports and tracking.

Cons:

location on log book is not as exact as could be. we travel northern canada and gps and logs does not state the locations

Christopher
Christopher
Program Manager in US
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Comments: Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Pros:

Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Cons:

The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Safety Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Full Fleet Management

Comments: Positive, continuously improving, and clearly a leader in the fleet management/dash cam software industry. They have all the features and then some.

Pros:

Ease of installation was very important. This is a plug and play, while other options must be wired in by installers at a cost. The interface, features, and overall usability are much better than the two other companies I have used.

Cons:

Usual high pressure sales to start the process, but the negotiation and closing process was very smooth. Some reports and insights are slow to update but overall seems to be very accurate.

Hillary
Manager in US

Complete package for GPS and DOT compliance

Comments: It's really nice that Samsara GPS pings frequently. This means you can watch vehicles moving in real time, which is great for updating VIP clients. The DOT compliance portion completes the GPS services.

Pros:

It's great having GPS, driver logs and vehicle inspections in one place. Our team uses GPS daily to keep on top of trips in progress for our chauffeur service. We do have vehicles that are under FMCSA jurisdiction, so we need to keep detailed driver logs and vehicle maintenance files, which are all done through Samsara as well, making things easier.

Cons:

Unlike our last GPS service, you're not able to drop a pin to get a time when a vehicle was at a certain location. This is a bit of a nuisance and you have to guess.

Hector
Safety and Shop Coordinator in US
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Excellent product

Comments: Excellent product, living up to expectations so far.

Pros:

Easy for the drivers to use, dispatchers have accurate and timely information on vehicle and driver sports status.

Cons:

Very frequent updating, tablets need to be restarted every time causing a slight delay in the drivers ability to start or continue their day.

Sue
Project Manager in US
Warehousing, 201-500 Employees

My Pick

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very Positive. My rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was professional, informative and a pleasure to work with.

Pros:

Customer support is outstanding. The same person that you talk to about your initial quote is the person assigned to you when you purchase the units.

Cons:

Busy for some users that are computer challenged.

Bruce
Manager in US

Great Asset

Comments: Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

Pros:

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

Cons:

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app. Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

Nicholas
Operations Manager in US

Samsara Review

Comments: The total experience has been far superior to any of the other ELD or GPS companies we've worked with in the past.

Pros:

Customer fueled app and software updates.

Cons:

The company is growing so fast that you lose grasp of your initial contact people to newer roles and have to revert back to their support email. Responses are still handled in a more than sufficient time frame though so it hasn't been a real issue.

Erika
Logistics Coordinator in US

Easy ELD program

Comments: We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Pros:

This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Cons:

There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Andres
Operations Manager in US

Next level tech.

Comments: Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Pros:

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

Cons:

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Patrick
Head of Applications in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Comments: Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Pros:

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

Cons:

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

Brandon
Owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Has Potential

Comments: There's so much potential with this company. I was extremely happy when I first signed up with them and had an excellent experience the first year and a half. It wasn't until I ran into my first issue and need help from customer service and accounting. My business is not valued at all. Another 1 until my contracts are finished and I will find another provider for my GPS and ELD services.

Pros:

Very user friendly. Accurate and up to date latest information.

Cons:

Absolute worst customer service I think I've ever dealt with in my professional 10 year career. You can not get a hold of them by phone. No matter how many voicemails you leave, no one ever returns your call. 2nd option is email. I don't know how many I've sent over the last few months to address one issue. No one responds or cares.

Samsara Response

2 years ago

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us we always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. A manager from our Support team will be giving you a call so we can help address your concerns.

Jason
Business Development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

Best option that continues to improve

Comments: The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros:

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Cons:

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

LeRoy
Safety Director in
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Very satisfied Customer

Comments: We have been very happy with Customer service. The Cameras are very clear with good night vision as well.

Pros:

Samsara has been an eye opener for us, not just in Compliance, but in aspects of safety as well. It has a built in accountability for each driver, and allows the Safety Director to access driving behavior as well. Speed, harsh braking and AI technology at stop signs has become a positive peer pressure for the drivers, at the same time reducing operating and maintenance costs per vehicle.

Cons:

We are very happy with the software. It is meeting our expectations

Dave
Logistics Administration/Operations in US
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Comments: Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros:

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons:

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Elmo
Vice Pres in US

Samsara vs Teletrac

Comments: Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros:

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons:

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Ajneel
Safety Director in US

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

Comments: I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS.
I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE.
WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Pros:

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Cons:

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Hope
Fleet Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Excellent Service

Comments: Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Pros:

Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Cons:

A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Caira
Terminal Manager in US

Samsara Review

Comments: works fine

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons:

takes too much to get equipment replaced

MANJIT
Safety Coordinator in Canada

customer service

Comments: its been over 2 years , so far we are very happy with the service and functionality of the product.

Pros:

Samasara has a great reputation in the trucking industry. we are using GPS tracking and we are very satisfied with the service.

Cons:

we are using trailer tracking system from last 2+ years. we are very satisfied due to: system is very easy to use, great customer service , price is very reasonable, knowledgeable & very helpful staff.

Jamie
Fleet and Compliance Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

Game Changing

Comments: Game Changing. Time Saving.

Pros:

Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Cons:

Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.