KidKare Reviews

by Minute Menu Systems

Filter by:

• Overall

About KidKare

KidKare is a childcare management software that saves you time & money while caring for children. It ensures compliance with the USDA.

Learn more about KidKare

Jeanette B.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/1/2019

"Kidkare"

Comments: Tracking children and meals are super easy with this program.

Pros: This program is very easy to use. Tracking the children and meals have been super easy.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like so far with this program, except maybe not being able to bring back a withdrawn child easily.

• Reviewed on 13/1/2019
Sandra D.
Owner-Operator
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2018

"Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer"

Comments: This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pros: Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Cons: I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

• Reviewed on 7/12/2018
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2019

"Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings"

Comments: Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Pros: i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Cons: I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Renita H.
Owner and Director
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Didn't want to make the change."

Comments: With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Pros: When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Cons: When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Wanda L.
Owner/ teacher
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Sunshine Kids"

Comments: Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pros: Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Cons: Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Tammie W.
Childcare Professional

"Quick and easy"

Comments: My experience has been pretty good considering that I used a similar software in Chicago when I was doing childcare. The only issue I have is not the software but the reimbursement, providers should received their reimbursements direct deposit and that would make it over all the best. In Chicago we received reimbursements direct deposit so there were no worries.

Pros: I love the idea of printing parent sign in/sign out sheets, the software is quick and easy when putting in meals. I love the feature if you want to plan meals ahead of time that it's possible and the software automatically puts the menu in when that day comes, I also like the feature that you can use for tax preparation. It is so easy to use especially a childcare provider with a busy schedule throughout the day. It is the best software out here. I love it.

Cons: I have no complaints. The only thing about the program that I am not excited about would be that we don't receive direct deposit.

Katherine O.
Owner/operator
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

"Dragging and Kicking"

Comments: There has been some problems but to be honest, they have been due to my inexperience of doing online reporting . I feel like a pro now and have not had many problems since.

Pros: I refused to go online to do my reporting. I like a pen in my hand and a page to write on. Boy was I wrong. Once I was forced to join and ask myself "what took you so long to wise up." Reporting online is the best.

Cons: The time line constraints. Life happens. I usually report at the end of my day. One day towards the end of my day my father was taken to emergency with a small stroke, I called my backup, licensed helper and rushed down to the hospital. I got back home in the early hours of the next day. There has been a few similar situations that have come up and I was not able to report my day. I feel that there should be some arrangement where you could be given a grace period, for instance five times a year.

Candice C.
Child care provider
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2019

"Love this program"

Comments: My overall experience I love KidKare and I intend to keep using this system!

Pros: What I love most about this program is that i can keep track of all my business expenses. It’s makes filing my taxes so easy. It separates the expenses in the areas they need to be for doing taxes and it tallies up the total for you. I also love that I can make my menus on there and save them for future months.

Cons: My only con is I am unable to use it for my clients to sign in and out without them altering their times. So therefore I use a different system for that. Along with not being able to have a live feed for the parents to see how the children’s day are going.

• Reviewed on 12/4/2019
Angela R.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Overall, I like it."

Comments: I like the bookkeeping features, and the ability to key in receipts. I wish it had the ability to set reminders to click in meals at the end of the day, and reminders to add receipts for any money spent that day. Sometimes it would be helpful to have a reminder to set up the invoices on Fridays.

Pros: I like the diversity of this program. I have several families that split payments between mom and dad, and this program allows for that, as well as billing DCS for the foster kids I sometimes take care of. I like the ability to make different menus for each infant.

Cons: I had some problems with double counting on payments, when using the "apply credit" feature. After getting it sorted out, I haven't had any more problems with the software. I also have a problem keeping up on my books, so entering past months receipts can be a bit cumbersome, but it is able to be done.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Elizabeth H.
Daycare owner
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great site."

Comments: Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pros: I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Cons: You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Mei O.
Program manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Making my work so easy"

Comments: The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pros: Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Cons: None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

• Reviewed on 25/4/2019
Geri K.
Provider
  • Reviewed on 13/7/2018

"Am mostly pleased"

Pros: Ease of use. Double checking my food forms with your reports and organizing my income and expenses. Also keeps food logs for CACFP.

Cons: Old program had daily forms that could go home to parents explaining what we did during the day and a short note about how the child was that day. This program lacks that and I miss it.

• Reviewed on 13/7/2018
Katie M.
Daycare Provider
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2018

"KidKare Is a great overall Program."

Comments: Having KidKare as part of my daycare has been a really nice tool for me to use. If there is anything that would be great for an add on/improvement would be for parents to be able to see what the kids ate for the day % of how much they ate and drnak . Would love to see this feautre added on. Thank you for your amazing support

Pros: I love the accounting software. Nice and organized, easy for us to be able to imput our expenses and so on.

Cons: It does take a little while for all software to load, but other wise it's a great program.

Bridget H.

"KidKare"

Comments: Business problems solved are being able to give receipts to parents of tuition payments made. For Expenses being able to categorize items for tax purposes. For food program user friendly.

Pros: The accounting aspects user friendly at tax time.

Cons: I do NOT like that I do not receive Tuition for 5 days. There was supposed to be a quicker turn around time.

Patricia R.
  • Reviewed on 29/6/2018

"I like being able to go to the computer and everything I need is always at my fingertips!!"

Pros: I like that the kids kare program is so easy to navigate and that it has everything we need whenever we need it.

Cons: I don't have anything negative to say. Maybe I wish there were more options in the pre selected groups! That helps when I make my weekly menus. Other than that you're doing a good job!

• Reviewed on 29/6/2018
Holly H.
Family Childcare Provider
  • Reviewed on 1/7/2019

"Do Not Waste Your Money"

Comments: Entering Meals and Expenses, great. Payment system, is horrible. They do nothing to help fix the problem.

Pros: I like the accounting software to keep track of my expenses. My problem is with the payment system and customer service.

Cons: I have been using the e-pay system for 4 weeks. It only worked twice. My invoices are sent out on Friday and my deposits reach the bank on Thursday. That is a long time in my opinion. I could deal with this if I actually got paid. My parents are set up for auto pay and I pay the transaction fee for them. This is the second time that the KidKare/Epay system had a "problem" and no auto payments went through so I did not get paid. With a holiday this week, I probably will not get paid until next Monday. This is unacceptable. I will be switching back to Brightwheel. They were never late, had a faster turnaroud time, and I never had an issue with getting paid. I was assured this is very rare but I don't believe that. And they make it out to be so easy to fix by parents sending checks or clicking autopay which takes time for all of us.

• Reviewed on 1/7/2019
Alexandra H.
Childcare provider
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Easy organization"

Comments: Kidkare makes it easy to record meals and attendance. At the end of the year I can easily go back and see when any kid was here.

Pros: I love that I can view reports on all kinds of information I have entered.

Cons: I liked it better when I did not have to "check in" kids to claim them but I understand why they would want us to.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Shannon W.
home daycare provider
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/1/2019

"so easy to use and love doing it all on line"

Pros: It really is easy to use and you can do everything on line rather than doing paper menus. And I love that I don't have to purchase a program to use it with my iMac anymore.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of. I don't like that I have to check in the kids but that isn't a software problem.

• Reviewed on 2/1/2019
Maritha R.
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2018

"Great if you are on the food program"

Comments: I like the food program features an invoice but it does take four days for the money to get into my account after the parents pay the invoice.

Pros: I can combine food program, accounting and invoice parents

Cons: I would like to have features like child login, child's day so I don't have to have a separate program for that.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2018
Lorraine M.

"Great program"

Comments: My overall experience with KidKare was a productive experience.

Pros: What I liked most about this software was the convenience of utilizing it anywhere on any device.

Cons: What I did not like about the software was occasionally I would get kicked out of the program while trying to record meals.

Katie S.
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"CACFP Staff are wonderful, but....."

Comments: I'm creating more work for myself as a business by doing Kidkare, but I'm also earning money for food that I was already serving before. So, I was basically letting that money go every month. I wish I had started sooner. But, I'm a new provider (only 2 years so far) and I wasn't sure how to keep up with basic daycare rules, cleaning, paperwork and inspections, let alone adding another program with more paperwork and such to the mix. I'm only one person. It's just me. I don't have a whole list of staff people to call.

Pros: It's pretty simple. It takes a min to figure it out, but the ladies from the Food Program are awesome. They are very helpful.

Cons: It's ridiculous how it doesn't change back to Breakfast when the date is switched at the top when inputting meals. It should automatically change from "breakfast" to "lunch" to "pm snack" because those are the only meals that I serve. And, back to "breakfast" when I switch it to the new day. It should also save automatically, so there aren't days in the system that never get submitted.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Maria R.
Daycare Provider
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2018

"Daycare Provider"

Comments: I love that you are able to use the program for your faster and convenience from any where you go at the touch of a fingertip, I will recommend this program for everyone to use.

Pros: I love the fact that its a easy online services to you for all you needs.

Cons: no complains. I love everything about it

• Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Dianne N.
Provider
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/1/2019

"Kidkare makes bookkeeping look like punishment!"

Comments: My overall experience with Kidkare is a pleasant one. It has taken the load off filing hundreds of attendance forms and menus. That I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Pros: The fact that I can plan ahead and reuse menus if necessary, once meals and attendance are entered, there’s no hassle at month end to put things together. It keeps things straight.

Cons: The fact that it could just crash at times and meals could not be entered next day.

• Reviewed on 4/1/2019
Janet W.
Owner/operator licenced daycare provider

"Happy"

Comments: I love that I can grab my iPhone and enter the meals and attendance instead of getting on my computer and having to do it.

Pros: The convenience of being able to use my iPhone to do most everything in the program

Cons: Sometimes it’s slow or shut down and your not able to get in.

Terri B.
Owner/director
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"KidKare"

Pros: It can be used on all devices and very easy to maneuver.

Cons: I have school age children return for care in the summer and it would be nice to put those kids in their own category instead of withdrawing and then have to reenroll them.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018