15 years helping Irish businesses

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Reviews

About BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

BILL, a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs).

Learn more about BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Pros:

Very clean and simple to use interface for company expenses. It easily records my expense reports and having an online record is handy when you need to look up old records.

Cons:

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost.

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable ratings

4.2
3.8
4.1
3.9

7.3/10

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 513 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable before?

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
System Specialist in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Efficiency at its finest with Bill.com

Comments: Overall, Bill.com has been a valuable asset for our organization. Its automation of financial tasks, robust reporting capabilities and integration with popular accounting software has greatly improved our financial processes.

Pros:

As a administrator of Bill.com within my organization, I have found it to be an efficient and streamlined way to manage our financial processes. One of the greatest advantages of this software is the automation of tasks such as invoice processing, bill payments and account reconciliation. This has saved a significant amount of time and effort for our finance team and has improved our financial accuracy. Another strong aspect of Bill.com is the robustness of its reporting capabilities. It provides a wide range of financial metrics and insights that have helped us make data-driven decisions for our business. Additionally, the integration with popular accounting software such as QuickBooks and Xero makes it easy to keep our financial records up-to-date and in sync.

Cons:

A potential downside of using Bill.com is that it may require a bit of time and effort to set up the software and customize it to fit our specific needs. Additionally, while the software offers many features, some advanced features such as budgeting and forecasting may require additional tools or custom development.

last year

Kavindu, your comment made our day! We will share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback.

Krystal
Software Solutions Associate in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Is it too good to be true? A simple click of a button and all my bills are paid?!

Comments: Having implemented BILL for over 20 clients, I truly believe it the software's ability to help company's manage their finances in the best of ways. Now with their continued integration of the Spend & Expense platform, it is becoming a one-stop-shop for your business financial needs.

Pros:

BILL makes invoicing and payment processing so simple. I am able to quickly move through the entire life-cycle of my billing in record time. The workflows and automations help make business more efficient and I get to spend more time focusing on the future of the company's I help.

Cons:

While BILL has been great there are some updates I believe would make things more relevant and easier. Specifically when a check is automatically voided after 90 days, the void is made using the original payment date instead of the void date. This could cause issues in reporting when integrating with QBO.

10 months ago

We thank you for your 5-star review Krystal! We are thrilled to hear that our software is making your business more efficient and that it has simplified invoicing and payment processing for you. We do appreciate hearing what can make our software even better and will pass along your feedback about our check process with automatic voids. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Catherine
BPO Specialist in Philippines
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

BILL AP & AR software for business

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall experience for Bill AP & AR is great. Some features is easy to adopt. It's quite expensive for this software.

Pros:

What I like the most is easy to use and user friendly.

Cons:

You need to edit some fields to your Invoice once you received to your email, AI automation is not accurate for this features needs to improve.

last month

Thank you, Catherine, for your valuable feedback on our software! We love that you find BILL easy to use and that it is user-friendly. We appreciate your suggestions for improvement with our AI feature. Please continue to provide your feedback as we value our user's suggestions when planning for the future of our software.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Decent product, but not my favorite

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, BILL does what I need it to do. Not much in terms of bells and whistles.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to bill clients using BILL.

Cons:

It's a bit old fashioned. I think it's a little harder to navigate and the UX could use an update.

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback on our BILL software. We are happy to hear that you find it easy to bill clients using BILL. We are sorry to hear that you have had difficulties navigating through our software and that you find our UX needs an update. We have passed that on to our product team. Please continue to provide feedback as we are always working hard to improve our software.

Andrea
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Creates AP efficiencies, but difficulty in 3-way match processing

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It's very easy to use, and eliminates paper checks and manual processing of wires and ACH payments.

Cons:

The cost, the setup/implementation into our ERP system (Netsuite), and we had difficulty processing inventory prepayments and three-way match transactions.

last month

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Andrea! We are happy that you find BILL easy to use as well as eliminating the need for paper checks and manual processing of wires, ACH payments. We apologize for the difficulty you have had processing inventory prepayments and with three-way match transactions. We passed on your feedback on cost as well as setup/implementation to our team. Please continue to provide feedback as we are always working hard to improve our software.

Craig
Craig
CEO in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Bill.com is the slowest invoicing and funding provider of them all.

Comments: Worst ever. It takes a minimum of 45 minutes for an answer from chat support. It doesn't feel like anyone really cares about our time.

Pros:

Bill.com is secure and it integrates with most accounting platforms.

Cons:

The customer (not us) has a lot of control in scheduling the payment amount and date. The customer can also change the scheduled date even after it looks like its been paid. Whereas from our shoes we need to know we have been paid before we ship the product. After the invoice shows as paid the funding takes 7-8 business days or longer by ACH. This just isn't competitive. Its obvious that in addition to the 79 fee for use of the software that most of their revenue is generated by float on both our receivables and our payables. We don't want anyone to wait. It's important that all parties get paid as immediate as possible.

last year

Thank you for your feedback, Craig! I'm sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with receiving payments. If you still need assistance, please visit our website at https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us to request a call, chat, or email with our customer support team. We are here to help and want to assist you promptly.

James
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

BILL Master

Comments: I would not be at my current role without BILL because I would not be able to manage the entire AP, AR, and accounting functions without it. It's a must-have!

Pros:

BILL allows me as a controller to cut down on headaches and time spent with paper documents and old processes. BILL is an automation tool for the future that allows an AP clerk to 10x their productivity.

Cons:

BILL is fairly expensive, but it is not an all-in-one solution to you must use it as an integrated solution although it often tops the price of the solutions its integrated into.

9 months ago

Thank you James for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our BILL software has sped up productivity for you. We will pass along your feedback on cost-effectiveness. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Emma
Accounting Manager in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Bill.com IS a gamechanger for us

Comments: BIll has helped us out tremendously. We have over 1000 vendor accounts since we order a ton of internet services for our customers. Since ATT/Spectrum/Frontier/etc etc did not allow direct deposit, our company was forced to send checks to make our payments. We could not do Credit card as the reconciliation can be messy. We have saved so much money on late fees. We are truly grateful for BILL and cant wait for the new features.

Pros:

The thing we loved most about bill is the inbox for our bills as well as our payments going straight to our vendors.

Cons:

A dark mode for BIll.com would be great. There are times where the inbox is not up to date. When 2 people are entering bills, there is a high chance there will be duplicates being entered.

11 months ago

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Emma. We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Thomas
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Bill.com = So Easy to Use

Comments: Great! I love the simplicity. That's the power of Bill

Pros:

Bill.com is easy to setup and is extremely simple.

Cons:

Bill.com seems to have gotten very expensive over the past 6 years!

9 months ago

We thank you Thomas for your five star review! BILL values customer feedback when planning the future of the app. We will pass on your suggestion to our team regarding pricing. We are glad that you find the app simple to use .

Steven
Client succes specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

High recommendation to use BILL!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The ease of use and transparency of BILL is second to none. Highly recommend this software for your companies needs!!

Cons:

At the moment there aren't any cons. This has been a great experience.

last month

Steven, thank you for your fabulous review of BILL! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the ease of use and transparency of our software. We appreciate your recommendation. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Tony
Head of Marketing in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Clunky, not user friendly - free account is unusable

Comments: Stay away! There's too many great competitors out there to tolerate using bill.com. I've used about half a dozen invoicing tools and this is the most disappointing of the bunch.

Pros:

Not much. The bill.com software was enticing as it can connect vendors and customers but the interface is lacking, the free features don't let you even add an email address to send your invoice too! Instead of indicating that and saying "this is a premium feature" they leave you to wonder why you can't insert an email address into the "to" field. I couldn't fathom that any company in 2020 would actually not let me send an invoice I created -- even on a free account. There's too much good software out there to use bill.com

Cons:

The support is terrible. Answers are basically "ya, you can't do that". They are actually trying to upsell me when I'm contacting them about deleting my account (which you can't do on your own).

2 years ago

Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Pavan
Accounting Specialist in India
Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simplified process for Invoice processing and payment application

Comments: Overall I would say it was a Good experience. I would recommend BILL to anyone who are looking to simplify their AP and AR process and even if you are looking BILL as a payment method to your vendors or receive payments from your customers. But if you are looking BILL as a Accounting or reporting software, then I would definitely recommend you to go with other softwares.

Pros:

We use multiple softwares to provide end to end accounting for clients. The best part about bill is its easy to integrate with other softwares. BILL creates easy to use invoices for our customers and also processing of vendor invoices is simple as most of the data is captured by IVA. The best part in BILL is payment processing as there are multiple methods to make payments and also charges for each payment is very less. We can initiate single payment for multiple invoices. We can even schedule the payment for vendors in BILL.

Cons:

Reporting is not as expected in BILL. We need to modify each and every data to get the required Excel. They need to even take care of designing of reports as the reports will not come with their own design and we need to do everything. Invoice creation templates are most common and we can't see any design there. They need to work Mork on design and Reporting part.

9 months ago

Thank you for your 4-star review, Pavan! We appreciate hearing that our BILL software is integrating well with other programs for you. We're glad to hear that invoicing for vendors and customers is easy to use and that making payments has been simplified. We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced with our reporting system and design. We will pass your feedback on to the appropriate team. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer support. You can find more information on our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us. Thank you!

Anne
Principal in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Continual heartbreaker

Pros:

It was my first experience with any robust cloud-based software (meaning besides online banking) and set a high bar for a long time.

Cons:

I’m an accountant and have been a Bill.com user for over 10 years. I use Bill.com with my clients and have recommended it many times to anyone with a small to midsize business. That’s all in the past though. Bill.com seems to be absolutely hell bent on slowly destroying what used to be an amazing, reliable software. I feel things started getting worse around the time they went public, but that could be a coincidence. Pricing has gone up considerably in recent years. The newest platform is buggy and they keep taking away features or moving them around so you have to play hide and seek. Their customer support personnel used to be wonderfully helpful, and now many folks I encounter barely understand the basic functioning of the software yet are quick to mark your case solved. My clients are getting frustrated with all the reduced quality alongside increased pricing and I’ve started searching for an alternative because there are so many competitors.

4 years ago

Hi Anne! We're sorry to hear you're not enjoying your Bill.com experience, though we would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get pass on feedback is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Chad
Accounting Manager in US
Public Safety, 51–200 Employees

Terrible Customer Service Team

Comments: My experience has me looking at the competitors as they seem to be struggling to keep this company together.

Pros:

We were up and running quickly! No more printing checks in house.

Cons:

Customer service is terrible. If you have problems you will need to wait at least a day or two after making an online appointment. Then you only get 20 minutes with the representative whom will offer a quick solution and not follow through with the rest of the workflow. This will leave you setting another online appointment, wait a couple of days and the process keeps repeating. Very frustrating! No one is on the same page! Three different answers from 3 different reps and still having workflow issues!

4 years ago

Hi Chad! We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with our Customer Support. We'd love to hear your feedback if possible. The fastest way to get your questions answered is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely. From there, please request to chat with a member of Customer Support Leadership. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kim
COO in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Super simple to use, reliable and secure

Comments: Overall, we love this software. It has served our small organization well as we've grown. We don't have a full blown, multi person accounting and bookkeeping department but still have significant bookkeeping needs. This allows us to be more efficient and keeps us organized.

Pros:

We really like the approval process and how simple it is to set up and use. Allows the ability to split payments across multiple projects and account codes. Allows vendors to input sensitive financial information needed to pay them via ACH without assuming liability that comes from handling sensitive information by our staff members. Great system! The audit trail is helpful when trying to rectify a mistake. It allows you to look back at the process and see where something was entered or approved incorrectly and by whom. Great accountability. The approval process workflow is exactly what our organization needed.

Cons:

If a vendor enters something incorrectly when setting up their account or if they need an address changed, we aren't able to do it for them. That is terribly inconvenient at times.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kim. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback from our product team!

Fred
Senior Accountant in US

Poor communication & Horrible customer service

Comments: We have three accounts. The customer service of Bill.com leaves a lot to be desired. Poor communication by their compliance team leaves the customer services team spinning their wheels and wasting our valuable time. You cannot reach someone with decision authority if things go amok...which they have for us when they deleted one of our active accounts. We are evaluating other options as Bill.com has been non-responsive to our requests for dialogue. For the price we are paying for our combined accounts every month, it would be nice for someone at Bill.com to care.

Pros:

The automated invoice upload, approval flow and automatic notifications of payments.

Cons:

Poorly constructed releases of software/platform updates. Lack of customization for multinational businesses. Lack of flexibility for some features.

2 years ago

Fred, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app. We'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your Bill.com account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Adam
Founder & CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Stay away from vantage card services

Pros:

I’ve never had an issue with billl.com, I’d give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.

Cons:

Bill.com need to add other credit card processors besides vantage. They need to audit vantage card services complaints from bill.com customers because they’re going to lose a tonne of business. Vantage card services are a tiny company processing millions of dollars of credit cards, but the joke is that they only have two layers of their org. 1.) customer service is the first people you speak to and they literally can’t resolve any issues, so you need to speak to a manager and they only have 1 manager called. 2.) they made several mistakes and I asked to speak to someone above it’s our ceo and he isn’t available. They do not car about their customers and they do not own up about making mistakes Bill.com you need to vet out vantage and listen to your loyal customers

Ravi
Ravi
CEO in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

A good product for small companies with lots to track

Comments: We continue to use it for the controls and time savings, the support is some of the worst I've ever experienced though.

Pros:

This product is great for companies that need to pay large swaths of invoices, keep track of them, and cut time spent in quickbooks doing bookkeeping for AP.

Cons:

This product is more expensive if you run under 20 payments/month that something like a milio (built into to quickbooks online).

10 months ago

Thank you Ravi for providing feedback. We appreciate hearing that our software works for paying large groups of invoices, tracking them and is integrating well with QuickBooks for you. We apologize for any frustration reaching out to support has caused. If you need assistance, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Kevin
President in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Just go with one of the alternatives

Pros:

A lot of vendors are familiar with it. Integrates with popular accounting software. Beats writing checks manually.

Cons:

Absolutely hate their customer support. No other company comes close to being as bad as them. Have to send documents multiple times and even then they still can't figure it out. Trying to resolve problems just won't work. I don't think support has ever helped me with any of the problems I've reached out about.Sales people don't know what they're doing and contradict each other. Received information from some only to be refuted by another. Was told the initial rep was new/doesn't know what he's talking about and then later it was shown that the second guy was wrong.Inflexibility on payment timing and takes longer than competitors. Relatively primitive AP software. Everything has to be entered as a bill so you can't write checks outside of that function.

2 years ago

Kevin, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Important Features, Very Buggy

Comments: It's a powerful tool to get your accounts in order, but if they ramped up their support and development, it would really shine.

Pros:

It organizes all your invoices, payables, credits - any accounting you need to do quite well. The redesign presents a simpler view of things and lays it our very orderly.

Cons:

There is always an annoying issue with bill.com. At one point, we were unable to send a certain zero dollar invoice which was frustratign because even though it had no monetary or collections effect, it interrupted out logging process. Their support team unfortunately i'm sure has been affected by covid and are slow in delivering fixes or responding in a timely manner

4 years ago

Hi! We're sorry to hear you had trouble with Customer Support, though we would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get pass on feedback is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Jennifer
Scholarship Manager, Digital Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

How I Use Bill.com

Comments: I think it's very useful, easy, well-structured, and allows users of varying levels the appropriate views. Our [sensitive content hidden] and our accountants use it much differently than I do, but we all get exactly what we need from it. I think that's what makes bill.com a great tool.

Pros:

I like how it's a complex platform, but my tasks are bare bones and basic and I can navigate to information a variety of different ways and get answers. You can be a low level user and still see the information you need, without having to go down a bunch of rabbit holes. It's forensic and basic at the same time.

Cons:

I can't think of anything I don't like about this platform.

8 months ago

Thank you for your positive feedback Jennifer! We are thrilled that you are able to navigate and find the information you need easily. Customer feedback is valuable to us as we like to hear about what is working well for our customers.

Oktay
Data Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

View all your past payments and invoices in one platform

Pros:

Bill.com provides the ability to configure multiple confirmations on invoices for checks and balances so that the same person who codes the invoices does not pay the invoice, allowing someone else in your organization to track the invoices. It has a very good interface.

Cons:

No matter how secure the password verification process is, it is actually a security vulnerability that it leaves everything to us.

2 years ago

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We're glad that you are having a great experience.

Translation & Localisation, 2–10 Employees

Strange pricing but solid product

Comments: It is a weird walled garden of invoices. It not completely transparent as I can't really tell what has happened to my invoice on the other side. It may be listed as late over unpaid but there is no sense to "why" or any next steps I can take in Bill.com. You just have to write to the accounting department of the company who needs to pay you. Would be better if they facilitated this though so I can say "hey, look here where it says unpaid. why is that?" and they would know what I'm talking about.

Pros:

Overall, I like Bill.com because it allows us as a vendor to receive money in a transparent manner without fees. They do transfers by ACH to US companies. I don't know if you can pay internationally though.

Cons:

The pricing model is a little strange. To use their API they charge $300+ per month. I would use their API to find out which new clients have Bill.com already to encourage them to pay that way. But I'm not going to pay $300 for the privilege of getting their clients to use it.

3 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! We'd love the opportunity to help with any questions and/or outstanding issues that you're experiencing. Please feel free to provide us with your best email address and we will relay that to our team so that they can reach out.

Warren
Senior Analyst in Dominican Republic
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Bill --> A great nifty payments system that suits all needs

Comments: Really great product that was implemented for a client and used for almost 2 years by us (supporting the client with finance and operations as they grew) and we recommend/implement this with ALL of our clients that need FP+A and related services; we connect this and other key CRMs to Mosaic Tech and make magic happen!

Pros:

International PaymentsLow feesMultiple users with various roles that can be configured any which way you likeApproval and payer process built-inEmail bills to [sensitive content hidden] making the process easierLinks easily to QBO Mobile version available

Cons:

Some countries are not listed/approved for payments and we had to settle for wire transfers from our banking account to achieve this so there was a little lack of centralization

last year

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Warren! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. We'll be sure to get your feedback to our product team. Thank you!

Hailley
Client Services Coordinator in US

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Comments: Easier day at the office.

Pros:

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons:

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

2 years ago

We appreciate you sharing your great experience, Heiley. Thank you for your exceptional review!