15 years helping Irish businesses

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Reviews

About BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

BILL, a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs).

Learn more about BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Pros:

Very clean and simple to use interface for company expenses. It easily records my expense reports and having an online record is handy when you need to look up old records.

Cons:

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost.

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable ratings

4.2
3.8
4.1
3.9

7.3/10

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 508 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable before?

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
System Specialist in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Efficiency at its finest with Bill.com

Comments: Overall, Bill.com has been a valuable asset for our organization. Its automation of financial tasks, robust reporting capabilities and integration with popular accounting software has greatly improved our financial processes.

Pros:

As a administrator of Bill.com within my organization, I have found it to be an efficient and streamlined way to manage our financial processes. One of the greatest advantages of this software is the automation of tasks such as invoice processing, bill payments and account reconciliation. This has saved a significant amount of time and effort for our finance team and has improved our financial accuracy. Another strong aspect of Bill.com is the robustness of its reporting capabilities. It provides a wide range of financial metrics and insights that have helped us make data-driven decisions for our business. Additionally, the integration with popular accounting software such as QuickBooks and Xero makes it easy to keep our financial records up-to-date and in sync.

Cons:

A potential downside of using Bill.com is that it may require a bit of time and effort to set up the software and customize it to fit our specific needs. Additionally, while the software offers many features, some advanced features such as budgeting and forecasting may require additional tools or custom development.

last year

Kavindu, your comment made our day! We will share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback.

Krystal
Software Solutions Associate in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Is it too good to be true? A simple click of a button and all my bills are paid?!

Comments: Having implemented BILL for over 20 clients, I truly believe it the software's ability to help company's manage their finances in the best of ways. Now with their continued integration of the Spend & Expense platform, it is becoming a one-stop-shop for your business financial needs.

Pros:

BILL makes invoicing and payment processing so simple. I am able to quickly move through the entire life-cycle of my billing in record time. The workflows and automations help make business more efficient and I get to spend more time focusing on the future of the company's I help.

Cons:

While BILL has been great there are some updates I believe would make things more relevant and easier. Specifically when a check is automatically voided after 90 days, the void is made using the original payment date instead of the void date. This could cause issues in reporting when integrating with QBO.

6 months ago

We thank you for your 5-star review Krystal! We are thrilled to hear that our software is making your business more efficient and that it has simplified invoicing and payment processing for you. We do appreciate hearing what can make our software even better and will pass along your feedback about our check process with automatic voids. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Gatuko
Accounting Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

All Matters Accounting Made Easy With BILL

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

From creating invoices to invoice management, BILL is very capable It comes with payment processing and is a good bookkeeper It makes an amazing small business accounting software.

Cons:

It has handled our unique business accounting needs easily. No complaints.

2 months ago

Thank you, Gatuko, for your five-star overall review of our BILL software! We love knowing that it makes an amazing small business accounting software and assists with creating and managing invoices, and payment processing. Please continue to provide any feedback that you might have.

Jake
Jake
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Awful customer service

1.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I have no good things to say about this platform

Cons:

I believe this organization may have some of the worse customer service in the payment processing industry. Strongly recommend using almost anyone else.

last month

Thank you, Jake, for your feedback. We apologize for your frustrations with our customer service and would like to help with any concerns you may have. If you send an email to [email protected] with your contact information, someone from our support team will gladly reach out to you directly to help.

Jordan
Leasing and Marketing Manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Easy For Entire Company Use

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

While I am not in our Accounting Team, I use the BILL website and mobile application for reconciliation of my business credit card (Divvy Card). Comparative to other reconciliation systems I enjoy the ease of seeing the amount I have available to me, the budgets my company has set, and the option to request funds from the mobile app.

Cons:

So far I have not come across any issues with BILL or my Divvy Card set up. I am very strict about my spending, budget, and maintaining all invoices and receipts. Since transactions automatically come up once the card is used for reconciliation and there is no buffer time, I could see a potential to feel overwhelmed, but I actually prefer this feature!

4 weeks ago

Jordan, thank you for providing us with your five star review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the ease of seeing the amount on your card available to you based on the budget set by your company and option to request funds from the mobile app. We appreciate hearing that you have not come across any concerns or issues with BILL or your Spend & Expense card. If you do have any concerns regarding your card please contact our customer support directly at 435-731-5078. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6am-8pm MST and weekends 7am-4pm MST.

James
Controller in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

BILL Master

Comments: I would not be at my current role without BILL because I would not be able to manage the entire AP, AR, and accounting functions without it. It's a must-have!

Pros:

BILL allows me as a controller to cut down on headaches and time spent with paper documents and old processes. BILL is an automation tool for the future that allows an AP clerk to 10x their productivity.

Cons:

BILL is fairly expensive, but it is not an all-in-one solution to you must use it as an integrated solution although it often tops the price of the solutions its integrated into.

6 months ago

Thank you James for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our BILL software has sped up productivity for you. We will pass along your feedback on cost-effectiveness. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Cheryl
Owner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

A Bit Pricey

Comments: I was not very happy. It was a bit overpriced and they were not receptive at all in helping me or negotiating.

Pros:

This product was easy to use and utilize.

Cons:

The pricing was the thing I liked least. The product seemed pretty high for the volume we did. We changed to melio. I also had to provide an accountants dashboard at $50 a month for my clients to get their product. Their product was still usually 70-80 a month. We switched to melio and pay less than $20 a month.

last year

Cheryl, we're sorry to hear about this experience, and we'd love to help. Do not hesitate to contact our team and follow this path: Log into your BILL account, navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. Please select contact support. Thank you!

Paulette
Paulette
Project Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Highly efficient program that every business should use.

Comments: The software has been instrumental in automating financial operations at my company and has had a profound effect on the effectiveness and precision of our bookkeeping.

Pros:

Having several options for making and receiving payments is really convenient. We particularly appreciate the centralized accounting for both payables and receivables and the flexibility to modify approval methods.

Cons:

There are certain annoyances and clumsiness that need to be worked out. If you click into one of the selected bills to view its underlying image, for instance, you will deselect all of the bills you have previously approved and will have to do so again.

10 months ago

We're glad to hear about your great experience on our app, Paulette. We're going to share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback. Thank you!

Maureen
Maureen
Accounting, Self Employed

Bill.com for invoicing and bill payment

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Big timesaver in terms of sending customer invoices and paying vendors.

Pros:

Sync with Quickbooks Desktop. Ease of sending invoices and paying vendors.

Cons:

Occasional sync issues with QB, was able to manage with lengthy support from QB.

2 months ago

Thank you for feedback Maureen. While sync issues happen, we are always here to assist and get you back up and running quickly. If you need help, please to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email.

Ashlyn
Athletic Trainer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

The best choice for your business!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The simplicity of BILL makes it worth it all! All of the features allow for many things to be done through one source. The customer service has been very helpful every time that I have needed assistance!

Cons:

I personally have not had any issues while using BILL so far and I do not see that changing!

last month

Thank you, Ashlyn, for your five star review of our software! We are thrilled that you enjoy the simplicity of BILL with our features being beneficial and that customer service has been helpful every time you needed them. Please continue to provide us with your feedback as we're always working hard to improve the software for our users.

Tony
Head of Marketing in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Clunky, not user friendly - free account is unusable

Comments: Stay away! There's too many great competitors out there to tolerate using bill.com. I've used about half a dozen invoicing tools and this is the most disappointing of the bunch.

Pros:

Not much. The bill.com software was enticing as it can connect vendors and customers but the interface is lacking, the free features don't let you even add an email address to send your invoice too! Instead of indicating that and saying "this is a premium feature" they leave you to wonder why you can't insert an email address into the "to" field. I couldn't fathom that any company in 2020 would actually not let me send an invoice I created -- even on a free account. There's too much good software out there to use bill.com

Cons:

The support is terrible. Answers are basically "ya, you can't do that". They are actually trying to upsell me when I'm contacting them about deleting my account (which you can't do on your own).

last year

Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Barbara
VP Finance in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

Comments: We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Pros:

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Cons:

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

last year

That's great to hear, Barbara. We'll be sure to pass on your positive sentiments to our product team.

Mark
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Poor Business Practices.

Comments: I needed a company that could provide me with basic ACH recurring payments for my client's fees. My company, Revolution Debt Relief LLC, is a consultant based firm in the debt relief industry, providing education and assistance for consumer debt. We are not a debt settlement company, debt consolidation, or perform credit restoration, therefore, not in any way under the regulatory standards held within the debt industry. Bill.com seemed to meet my needs, and I was willing to pay a premium for their subscription ACH program to provide my clients with a more efficient service. However, after going through the sign-up process and giving personal information as well as my client's information for ACH processing, I spent a few hours getting familiar with the software. The next day, I received an email that my account was canceled, and that bill.com could no longer provide my company services. If I had known that Bill.com would arbitrarily pick and choose who they will do business with, I would never have given them my personal information or my clients. The fact that they conduct themselves in a way that solicits their services to the public takes your information and then cancels your account shows in my experience a very inept, fraudulent, and unethical way of conducting business. The operations manager noted it was due to the rules of their bank that perform the processing. If this is the case, I would look for a processor who knows how to do business.

Pros:

Marketed as a product that could perform ACH functions with recurring payments for your business. Simple and straight forward functionality.

Cons:

The software was a little cumbersome with a slight learning curb but overall will work for accounts payable and receivable basic functions.

last year

Mark, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Ivy
General Manager in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Comments: Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

Pros:

We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition. My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother. The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time. We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

Cons:

I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks. I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers. I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

last year

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Ivy! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. Thank you!

Andrea
Director of Accounting in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Excellent software with one major shortfall

Comments: I think this is a great system except for inventory-related transactions.

Pros:

Very simple to use. Fast processing of accounts payable. Paperless system. Easy to send and receive approvals.

Cons:

Bill.com doesn't integrate well into our system for inventory-related transactions. Three-way match transactions and inventory prepayment transactions always get messed up.

10 months ago

Thank you for providing feedback Andrea. We apologize that you had some trouble with inventory-related transactions and would be glad to help if you still need assistance. If you would like to provide your email/phone number, we would be happy to contact you. Alternatively, you can go to bill.com and click on Support in the top right corner. Then select The BILL Virtual Assistant in the bottom right of the Help Center page. If the BILL Virtual Assistant does not have an answer to your question, you can chose how you would like to engage. Select Request a callback to speak on the phone if you do not want to go thru chat.

Fred
Senior Accountant in US

Poor communication & Horrible customer service

Comments: We have three accounts. The customer service of Bill.com leaves a lot to be desired. Poor communication by their compliance team leaves the customer services team spinning their wheels and wasting our valuable time. You cannot reach someone with decision authority if things go amok...which they have for us when they deleted one of our active accounts. We are evaluating other options as Bill.com has been non-responsive to our requests for dialogue. For the price we are paying for our combined accounts every month, it would be nice for someone at Bill.com to care.

Pros:

The automated invoice upload, approval flow and automatic notifications of payments.

Cons:

Poorly constructed releases of software/platform updates. Lack of customization for multinational businesses. Lack of flexibility for some features.

last year

Fred, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app. We'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your Bill.com account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Carlos
Pres in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD SUPPORT

Comments: Went from great to really bad tech support. I want out but feel trapped because of the amount of data I have in their system. They have really sh*t the bed in terms of support.

Pros:

meets basic needs, but does have limitations.

Cons:

Support is a ZERO on a scale of 1-100. Really, really bad. There is no doubt that since what ever ownership change was made they saw cost savings in their customer/tech support by changing from top tier support to the worst I have ever experienced in my 30 years as an IT professional. Support tickets take A WEEK for a response. Then it takes over 24 hrs to get a reply. If you need to work with "a specialist" appointments take over 2 WEEKS. I wish I was exaggerating but I have had this experience repeatedly for a few years. What a change. I am a LONG term customer, over 6 years+ maybe more and their support is junk. So so so disappointed.

3 years ago

Hello Carlos, thank you for your valuable feedback! We're sorry to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to help. Please feel free to provide us with your best email address and our team will reach out directly!

Dmitry
Dmitry
Cofounder in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Stay Away it's a total SCAM!

Pros:

We used their service to pay our company office rent for a few months. Nothing really special... Simple ACH, I would have used just a bank ACH if it was my choise.

Cons:

Support and the way they treat their customers. First of all, it's super hard to contact their support I submitted 3 tickets and it took 3 days to finally get someone to respond to me.... We are leasing the office space from the company that was using Bill.com to accept payments for their bills, therefore we were forced to use bill.com to pay our monthly office rent. Everything was ok... Then the company we paid for the rent switched to using Xero since it doesn't really make sent to pay ridiculous amounts for bill.com. Anyway.. for us, it was even better because now we didn't need to pay bill.com subscription fees to just pay for the rent (simple ACH). So we went ahead and canceled our subscription with bill.com in August. A few months later (in October) I noticed that they were still charging our credit card and as I mentioned above it took 3 days to get someone to finally respond to our support tickets. What I asked for was simply refund the last 3 charges (Oct, Sept, Aug) and close our account simply because their system failed to cancel it in the first attempt. Simple right? Nope, not with Bill.com They had someone to call me and tried to explain that they didn't see my first request to cancel and if I didn't use their service since August it was my problem and that evidence that I didn't even log in to their service for 3 months is not enough for them to refund. So my advice to you, if you ever thought to use bill.com for your business, please stay away!

last year

Dmitry, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Kevin
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Just go with one of the alternatives

Pros:

A lot of vendors are familiar with it. Integrates with popular accounting software. Beats writing checks manually.

Cons:

Absolutely hate their customer support. No other company comes close to being as bad as them. Have to send documents multiple times and even then they still can't figure it out. Trying to resolve problems just won't work. I don't think support has ever helped me with any of the problems I've reached out about.Sales people don't know what they're doing and contradict each other. Received information from some only to be refuted by another. Was told the initial rep was new/doesn't know what he's talking about and then later it was shown that the second guy was wrong.Inflexibility on payment timing and takes longer than competitors. Relatively primitive AP software. Everything has to be entered as a bill so you can't write checks outside of that function.

last year

Kevin, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Important Features, Very Buggy

Comments: It's a powerful tool to get your accounts in order, but if they ramped up their support and development, it would really shine.

Pros:

It organizes all your invoices, payables, credits - any accounting you need to do quite well. The redesign presents a simpler view of things and lays it our very orderly.

Cons:

There is always an annoying issue with bill.com. At one point, we were unable to send a certain zero dollar invoice which was frustratign because even though it had no monetary or collections effect, it interrupted out logging process. Their support team unfortunately i'm sure has been affected by covid and are slow in delivering fixes or responding in a timely manner

4 years ago

Hi! We're sorry to hear you had trouble with Customer Support, though we would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get pass on feedback is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Jennifer
Scholarship Manager, Digital Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

How I Use Bill.com

Comments: I think it's very useful, easy, well-structured, and allows users of varying levels the appropriate views. Our [sensitive content hidden] and our accountants use it much differently than I do, but we all get exactly what we need from it. I think that's what makes bill.com a great tool.

Pros:

I like how it's a complex platform, but my tasks are bare bones and basic and I can navigate to information a variety of different ways and get answers. You can be a low level user and still see the information you need, without having to go down a bunch of rabbit holes. It's forensic and basic at the same time.

Cons:

I can't think of anything I don't like about this platform.

4 months ago

Thank you for your positive feedback Jennifer! We are thrilled that you are able to navigate and find the information you need easily. Customer feedback is valuable to us as we like to hear about what is working well for our customers.

Oktay
Data Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

View all your past payments and invoices in one platform

Pros:

Bill.com provides the ability to configure multiple confirmations on invoices for checks and balances so that the same person who codes the invoices does not pay the invoice, allowing someone else in your organization to track the invoices. It has a very good interface.

Cons:

No matter how secure the password verification process is, it is actually a security vulnerability that it leaves everything to us.

last year

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We're glad that you are having a great experience.

Translation & Localisation, 2–10 Employees

Strange pricing but solid product

Comments: It is a weird walled garden of invoices. It not completely transparent as I can't really tell what has happened to my invoice on the other side. It may be listed as late over unpaid but there is no sense to "why" or any next steps I can take in Bill.com. You just have to write to the accounting department of the company who needs to pay you. Would be better if they facilitated this though so I can say "hey, look here where it says unpaid. why is that?" and they would know what I'm talking about.

Pros:

Overall, I like Bill.com because it allows us as a vendor to receive money in a transparent manner without fees. They do transfers by ACH to US companies. I don't know if you can pay internationally though.

Cons:

The pricing model is a little strange. To use their API they charge $300+ per month. I would use their API to find out which new clients have Bill.com already to encourage them to pay that way. But I'm not going to pay $300 for the privilege of getting their clients to use it.

3 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! We'd love the opportunity to help with any questions and/or outstanding issues that you're experiencing. Please feel free to provide us with your best email address and we will relay that to our team so that they can reach out.

Warren
Senior Analyst in Dominican Republic
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Bill --> A great nifty payments system that suits all needs

Comments: Really great product that was implemented for a client and used for almost 2 years by us (supporting the client with finance and operations as they grew) and we recommend/implement this with ALL of our clients that need FP+A and related services; we connect this and other key CRMs to Mosaic Tech and make magic happen!

Pros:

International PaymentsLow feesMultiple users with various roles that can be configured any which way you likeApproval and payer process built-inEmail bills to [sensitive content hidden] making the process easierLinks easily to QBO Mobile version available

Cons:

Some countries are not listed/approved for payments and we had to settle for wire transfers from our banking account to achieve this so there was a little lack of centralization

11 months ago

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Warren! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. We'll be sure to get your feedback to our product team. Thank you!

Hailley
Client Services Coordinator in US

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Comments: Easier day at the office.

Pros:

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons:

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

last year

We appreciate you sharing your great experience, Heiley. Thank you for your exceptional review!