DiscoverLink Talent LMS Reviews

by DiscoverLink

Filter by:

• Overall

About DiscoverLink Talent LMS

LMS optimized for hospitality businesses, combining an award-winning LMS with a library of industry-leading e-learning courses.

Learn more about DiscoverLink Talent LMS

Jason L.
Director of Training and Ops Services
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2017

"Great technology; easy to use and manage campus; customer service team is AMAZING at problem-solving"

Comments: Training consistency.
Quick updates to items that are time-sensitive to the field.
Tracking of completion for compliance purposes and testing.
Snapshot reporting (vs. "need to be in the location to see completion")

Pros: The to-do list ease of understanding and following.
The Dashboard functions for the different hierarchy levels of employees. It is so much easier to add/change/remove assignments.
The reporting functions have been a blessing for us to be able to understand and even predict business outcomes.

Cons: Having to be connected to internet to complete and get credit for content. I wish there was a way to complete it offline, and then when you connect it updates accordingly. Maybe it's available, or it's a pipe dream. But either way it would be awesome.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Jason, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback on offline use to help with connectivity issues. I wanted to let you know that the ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made is on our roadmap for this year. We will keep you posted when we get close to releasing that!

• Reviewed on 29/8/2017
Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.
Instructional Design Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/8/2019

"Training at the next level"

Comments: We went from a homegrown LMS to using DiscoverLink, and haven't looked back. It allows us to train team members, managers, and even our corporate support center staff. It is easy to see who has and hasn't completed training. The team is wonderful to work with as well. I'm more of a hands-on admin, and I'm able to do most things myself, but the support team is there for any assistance I need. I know some of their other clients are more hands-off, and they work well to keep all things moving smoothly for both ends of the spectrum.

Pros: The LMS is very easy to use, administer, and train with. The support and service is amazing from the team at DiscoverLink

Cons: Updates can take a while to be made, but are amazing when they come out.

• Reviewed on 1/8/2019
Dave B.
HR Business Partner
  • Reviewed on 2/1/2018

"Extremely easy to use and intuitive. Discoverlink is simple, yet powerful."

Pros: The support infrastructure that Discoverlink offers is second to none. There are multiple layers of support individuals that make the implementation easy. The software is very simple but powerful. What you think it should be able to do, it does and you don't have to think hard about it. It is set up logically and makes creation of programs very easy. If you have any familiarity with flash based builders, this will be a breeze. The cost is also extremely affordable, especially considering the support that comes with the program. Discoverlink is also continually evolving and seeks input from its users so that they can be responsive to the client wants and needs

Cons: The only thing I can say is that the "off the shelf" products are a little dated and could use a little more substance. However, the custom content creation tools far outweigh this very minor issue.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Dave, thank you for taking the time to provide this review and for the feedback on some of our library courses. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of updating many of our older courses, often tightening up the content and making them more interactive. I will ask a member of our Content Development team to reach out to you to get feedback on specific courses so we can try to address some of your concerns as we're going through this process.

Vice President of Human Resources ' General Counsel
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2018

"Excellent Customer Service and Easy to Use"

Comments: We are thrilled to be able to offer consistent training in all of our 75+ locations!

Pros: Our implementation and ongoing service team are the BEST! They go above and beyond! We had weekly calls as well as consistent email communication. They had great suggestions on what content types would work best for each lesson, which resulted in a really fun and interactive finished learning program.

Cons: Randomly, some of the screens do not have a customizable background. Otherwise, this software is fantastic and VERY user friendly!

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hello, thank you for providing this review and for the feedback on customizing background on certain screens. Currently, in addition to the custom login page and the ability to define colors on the To-do list, you can customize background images in exams, surveys, and performance reviews. We'd love to hear more about what you have in mind for custom backgrounds on other screens. If you'd like to send me your ideas I will be happy to forward them to our development team.

Sandy S.
HR Director
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/1/2019

"DiscoverLink is a great tool for our Restaurant!"

Pros: DiscoverLink is user friendly and the Compliance Courses are Restaurant based. Which is so nice for our industry. The ease for employees to take the course is great. And the customer support is always on top of things if we need them.

Cons: Some of the courses looks feel a little outdated. The employees have asked when if DiscoverLink would change the looks of the videos to "2018". Instead of looking like 1980.

by DiscoverLink on 14/1/2019

Hi Sandy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review. We appreciate your candid feedback on the courses you license from us. We would love to hear what aspects of the courses feel outdated, so a member of our content development team will be reaching out to you soon for more details. Please note that we are constantly adding to and updating our library courses, and one of the benefits of your subscription is that you will automatically receive updates whenever new versions are released.

• Reviewed on 11/1/2019
Gerald G.
Junior Vice President of Training
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Absolutely the BEST Learning Management System Host in the industry!"

Comments: Providing a real-time view into the training status completion, from either a summary to a detailed report, discoverlink provides it for any leader from anywhere in the world. For the employee, its incredibly simple to understand what is required for completion of the learning program.

Pros: Amazing Customer Support!! Not only will they answer your inquiries in a VERY timely manner, but will go out of their way to take suggestions from the field on how to improve this already outstanding product.

Neil J.
Senior Operations Support Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2017

"DiscoverLink is the best LMS I have ever used."

Pros: I most enjoy their library of available training modules. This has allowed me to rollout a program instantly while I integrate more brand specific training as it is created.

Cons: There's not much bad to say about it. Sometimes the modules can stall out and take too long to load up in a browser but with the transition to HTML5 this has happened far less frequently.

Christine A.
VP People & Culture

"Best LMS"

Pros: We are a relatively new client, but love this product. Implementation was a smooth process and we were on target with milestones. Very easy to use for our staff and administrators. Support staff is amazing and ready to help with any question/issue.

Cons: Would like to see more levels in the management hierarchy. I think there is currently 5 levels, but think we need 1-2 more.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Christine, thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and for the suggestion to increase the number of hierarchy levels in the system. I have passed that on to our development team as an enhancement request for future consideration. Keep the good ideas coming, and thanks again!

Melanie J.
Melanie J.
Senior Manager of Training and Program Development
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"I have been impressed from the start with my experience using Discoverlink."

Comments: I have achieved more consistency in training and better trackability of training completion. This allows me to report on training and see trends across the Company that correlate training to performance.
Because the LMS is fairly new, I sometimes come across functionality that is "in development". The Discoverlink Team is very open about what can and can't be done. though, and are actively working to improve the product with client suggestions. I don't know as though these comments would be any different with other companies as the industry is constantly changing, however.

Pros: The software is easy to use. There are available user guides, but I often don't need them as it is intuitive. I absolutely love that I can easily customize many aspects of the LMS without a complicated "scope of work" and that the Discoverlink Team is open to new ideas and suggestions. From a user perspective, the LMS is graphic in nature and easy to navigate.

Chad C.
Director of Learning
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2017

"A great product and an experienced and friendly support staff"

Comments: It gives us visibility into the status of the training of every person in our organization. It gives our operators the ability to direct training from anywhere.
We have complex partial rollout schedules for new products and procedures that are hard to accomplish.

Pros: This platform is perfectly sized for our organization. It lacks the bloat of many LMSs while also providing all needed features. From the learner standpoint, it's dead simple to get into their learning and know exactly what they need to work on.

Tara O.
VP People, Culture, and Experience
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Ciccio Restaurant Group/ Fresh Kitchen"

Comments: Love Representatives! All super awesome and helpful!

Pros: Love the customer service and the team at DiscoverLink. Always super supportive, and always there to help answer questions. From the initial sales process, to implementation, to ongoing support...I have been a fan! I also like that there is off the shelf content.

Cons: While the information, and content is important and the message is there...I think that some of videos are not as updated or modern as I would like them to be! Some of it presents as a little outdated and "cheesy." Also, we have had multiple issues with certain courses freezing and/ or not loading, which creates obstacles for our teams in the field. Additionally, some of the courses are very glitchy and creates user frustration/ having to go back and repeat things. The less obstacles, the more buy in from the team. Also, we have had issues with the password formulas where it will only generate a 3 character password, and then it creates issues with certain functionalities as it will then state "must have a 4 character password." It would also be nice if our managers could run a user/ ***password*** report.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Lea W.
Field Trainer
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"It's Great!"

Pros: I love the customization options. You can make the learning courses match your culture.

Cons: Sometimes there are glitches. This is most times due to a not strong enough internet connection.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Jen M.
Jen M.
Senior HRIS Analyst
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2020

"Great LMS product"

Comments: Our experience with DiscoverLink has been fantastic! They are a great vendor to work with. Always responsive, patient and helpful in every situation. They take feedback well and are continually finding ways to improve their platform. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking to elevate their LMS experience.

Pros: Easy to use
Intuitive
Hospitality focused
Compatible with all programs we use
Ease of integration
Great customer service

Cons: My only con would be limited reporting on course specific data. Otherwise everything is great!

• Reviewed on 21/2/2020
Mike F.
Senior Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 30/8/2017

"Very easy to use, incredible support, and the user interface is great!"

Comments: learners are better equipped in a shorter time frame.

Pros: User Friendliness. Access and tracking capabilities are superior to other offerings. The support provided by Discoverlink is outstanding in every way.

Cons: Filters. Providing access to learning modules is important to our Franchise Community, but many prefer to customize in some regard. This can sometimes cause complexities in viewing tiers.

Alex R.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"The system functions well as an electronic database to track completions and compliance."

Comments: Tracking completion of important docs, assignments, curriculums, etc.

Pros: Track completions and compliance, Individual users, easy to add users, data pulls from our HRIS to upload new hires.

Cons: It's already looking outdated. Millennials think it's from the stone age. Server connectivity fails and credit for completion gets lost.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Alex, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback on the user interface and completion issues. I wanted to let you know that we will begin the process of rolling out a new user interface this quarter, and later this year we will be providing ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made. I hope these enhancements will address your concerns. We look forward to your feedback!

• Reviewed on 7/12/2017
Lauren M.
eLearning Designer
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/1/2018

"Discoverlink makes uploading courses a breeze and customer service is the best I've ever worked with"

Pros: The functionality and ease of use is what sold us on this LMS. It's incredibly user friendly for our hourly employees to complete courses, tests and checklists efficiently,

Cons: I wish the leaderboard and badges were a little more interactive. Most of our employees don't even notice that they earn badges.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and for the feedback on the badges/ trophy case functionality. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter that includes some significant enhancements to the trophy case, including the ability for managers to award a customized "kudos" badge. We can't wait to get your feedback on it!

Manager of Training
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2017

"DiscoverLink Talent meets all of my needs and those of my learners."

Comments: DiscoverLink Talent is a great program to use and is easy on the budget. This program works well on tablets and phones but will work even better when the new app is fully functional.

Pros: This product allows me to upload a great deal of personalized content for my learners to use. It is also quite literally the easiest program for administrators and learners to use.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2017
Stephanie P.
Dir. Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2017

"Our training has become more consistent and our employees more knowledgable"

Comments: Consistency within our company is the biggest benefit of using Discoverlink. We are able to hold our employees more accountable to our compliance policies as well as our different skill positions.

Pros: Ease of Use and the support I've received from Discoverlink. I was able to ask questions at any time of the day and get a quick response.

Independent Contractor
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Industry Specialists!"

Pros: I love that this software was designed with the hospitality industry in mind - they understand our specific needs.

Cons: There's a lot of functionality available. I want to make sure I know how to utilize all my options.

by DiscoverLink on 28/11/2018

Thank you for your comments. If you have any questions about using any of the functionality, just contact your dedicated client services manager. If you don't know who that is, let me know and I'll gladly point you in the right direction. We're here to help!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Mike A.
FC
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2017

"Very smooth, easy to use & understandable."

Comments: Quick application, learning is flexible.

Pros: Excellent organization and layout. Easy of use, simple to understand, good graphics...often it's even FUN! Enjoy the reinforcement "Gamification" sounds and graphics applied.

Cons: Sometimes slow to move from one task to another. Especially when Quiz or Test is completed. Not a major issue.

Molly M.
Director, Training and Development

"Product is okay"

Pros: Our customer support is amazing. The support staff is the best asset you have to support questions and help trouble shoot issues. We have appreciated his contribution to our efforts.

Cons: Reporting is lacking and Discoverlink is behind the industry based on our research and networking with others in the industry

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Molly, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for providing feedback on reporting. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter which includes some nice reporting enhancements, including graphical charts. In addition, we can create custom reports and add dashboard statistics to meet specific requirements. If you'd like to explore either of those options, please contact your Account Manager. We'd love to hear your ideas on other features you'd like to see us add to our development roadmap as well. Feel free to send me any comments and I'll be happy to forward them on to our development team as enhancement requests for future consideration. Thanks again!

Braxton L.
Training Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2018

"If it was not for this product our company would be less efficient! Used Daily!"

Comments: From an organization standpoint- Employee engagement, Employee retention, increased value of Sales. Number, increased amount of knowledge learned. Tracking results through this software is also a huge benefit as it is very easy to do!

Pros: This software is user-friendly and easily accessible. It is not complicated like some other LMS out there. The options for different modules or LPs are very beneficial for a multi-unit organization. By far though would be the customer service. If you do not know something or have a question you do not have to call a 1-800 number. Your client services rep is only an email and phone call away with immediate response! WE LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Cons: It is not really what I like or least about this software it is more of improvements to be made. This company is on top of their game by listening to their customers and making changes to the software to benefit the customers. Occasionally we will run into technology issues within our organization with WIFI connectivity problems which hinders the ability to use discoverlink so that can be a downfall at times. Wishing this software could be used on a offline network would be extremely beneficial.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hi Braxton, thank you for this review and your feedback on offline use to help with connectivity issues.I wanted to let you know that the ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made is on our roadmap for this year. We will keep you posted when we get close to releasing that!

Corrin B.
Training and Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"DiscoverLink Talent Review"

Comments: We use Discoverlink in all aspects of our Training Programs. It's extremely valuable and affective to use to compliance. Having that validation and proof that all our employees are compliant is key. We are trying to go as paperless as possible for it improves our ability to customize and change information in real time.

Pros: This software makes it easy for users of all levels to use. It's also very customizable for specific locations but also our regional directors who oversee multiple locations. The introduction of the app is fantastic and something that will make our company initiatives so much easier to execute.

Cons: Though I feel it is easy to work with, I do hear from a lot of locations that seem to have issues navigating the site. The easier to locate certain information, the better. I know that a lot of management would like the ability to customize their own dashboard to be able to see certain results or information as soon as they log in. For example: compliance percentages, or learning program incomplete percentages would immediate should up on the top of their dashboard as soon as they log in. That would be beneficial for them but also as administrators. If we could enable certain report percentages to automatically pop up, that would help solve some of our problems.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Lead Director, Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2018

"The software works well, and the customer service is a point of differentiation."

Pros: Intuitive to use, and has appropriate flexibility to accommodate the needs of our franchise community. The responsiveness and support for questions and ideation is outstanding.

Cons: Standard reporting features are pretty rigid at the multi-unit level. To make information quickly actionable, reporting and dashboards may be worth customizing.

by DiscoverLink on 9/1/2018

Hello, thank you for providing this review and for the feedback on reporting. I wanted to make sure you were aware that we are able to customize a dashboard view that includes key dynamic statistics applicable to each level of the hierarchy. If you'd like to learn more about this option, please contact your Account Manager. Also, we will be rolling out a new user interface starting in Q1 that has improved reporting functionality, including graphical representations.

Jessica G.
Training & Hospitality Director
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2017

"Program is simple, useful, but prone to user issues."

Pros: The content: hands-on activities are well-targeted and effective. The new feature that allows supervisors to sign off remotely is much appreciated.

Cons: Lots of issues with stalling, freezing, and not giving credit for completed (or mostly completed) items.

by DiscoverLink on 5/9/2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing. The behavior you described is not typical, so we want to help you resolve it. Our Director of Client Services will be contacting you this week to help you troubleshoot it and find a solution.