• Overall
    4.9 /5

About NinjaRMM

NinjaRMM is a powerful, intuitive RMM and backup solution built for MSPs and IT professionals with exceptional customer support.

Learn more about NinjaRMM

Tim V.
Director of Technology
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/5/2020

"Best RMM tool on the market"

Comments: I manage an in-house IT department and we always struggled with tracking hardware, history, and status. No matter what we found, we just couldn't get one that was accurate and easy to keep up to date. Ninja just DOES it. I don't have to think about it. I know all my machines in Ninja and the latest info on them is all right there. This makes our network more visible, trackable. My team solves issues faster, more accurately, and in a happier way than ever before.

Pros: Ninja was so easy to setup. It's fun to tweak. The scripts are simple and there are even some basic templates. It tells me everything I need to know about a computer and what's going on. The integrations have been a huge help. Their documentation is precise, easy to follow and accurate. Our account manager actually cares and checks in on us every 2 weeks. Good vendors are so rare, no matter the product. I'm not really sure I could love this product and this company any more than I do.

Cons: The only things I can think that I wish was if Ninja made some their own basic ticketing system. That's not a complaint about the product at all, but the other partners they integrate are way more complicated and expensive than I'd like. I know Ninja would crush it if they made a simple one of their own that was tightly integrated with the Ninja portal. Also, the NMS deployment is slightly clunkly. I would like Ninja to bring that in house too.

• Reviewed on 22/5/2020
Kamran H.
3rd Line
  • Reviewed on 24/9/2020

"Amazing RMM Dashboard, Very simple, easy to use & deploy, great alerting and does it all!"

Comments: NinjaRMM is fantastic, our engineers productivity have increased. Our SLA's are being met faster, Ninja just lets me and my colleagues get on with our job, providing all the information, monitoring and tools we need without it being cluttered or too in your face.

Pros: For me as a 3rd Line Engineer and someone who oversees the Desks and manages Engineers, Ninja just gives us all the tools and enables us to do our job so much more quicker and easily compared to predecessing RMM tools. The Dashboard first of all is very clear and informative and very easy and simple to use. It is not cluttered and displays all your relevant alerts exactly where they need to be. The integration process was also very simple, its literally one click of a button of installing an agent. If you use RMM, then its simple to automate and deploy this as of apposed to other RMM tools which are clunky, stop responding and break so often!

Cons: There are a few bits and bobs missing from Ninja, for example TeamViewer automatic integration and deployment on MAC(s) but after discussion with my great Account Manager he pushed this forward to Development, as he always does with anything that I think would be great to be added to Ninja. Its fantastic as pretty much at all opportunities my requested features I have seen been added so they are very responsive and do listen to Administrator needs.

• Reviewed on 24/9/2020
Jamie S.
Helpdesk Specialist
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2018

"RMM with not enough going on for it"

Comments: None. We choose not to use this software as it didn't do what we wanted it to do.

Pros: I like the overall look of the user interface and it is quick and speedy.
Installs quickly without much delay, provides good information about computer specs.

Cons: Hard to figure out how it works.
Uninstall option simply didn't work.
RMM software installs NOT in the system tray.
Patching is a joke. You cannot block patches easily, its either all of a cateory, ALL or none.
User interface navigation is terrible.
Was completely unable to figure out how scripting works.
No native remote control.
Not enough options.
We have been using Kaseya for 5+ years and it is so much better and easier to use.

• Reviewed on 25/7/2018
Nick A.
Technical Manager
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/9/2020

"Must read for anyone exploring RMM options in the marketplace... Look no further!"

Comments: The uncanny thing about how Ninja caught our eye is that the technical ability of the platform was the last thing that sealed the deal for us, it was our experience dealing with Ninja as a company that really won us over. Merely reading through Ninja's website and social media content made us feel as if they were speaking directly to us, they seemed to know the pain & struggles we were feeling with our incumbent and purportedly had the answer - we had a good feeling, but the proof would be in the pudding... I submitted a query via their website and awaited contact. In the not too distant future I got a call from one of their Account Executives to follow up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], (who I still deal with on a regular basis) from the outset knew that a deal of this size could be easily lost, so no pushy sales techniques or hard-play negotiations here. After about 2 months or so of discussions, technical demonstrations and aggressive testing by ourselves Ninja made us an offer. All I'll say is that they suggested a 12 month term, but we were that confident that we asked for longer.

Pros: Having spoken to other Ninja partners that have similar numbers of devices under management we have all deployed ninja in vastly different ways so that it slots perfectly into our day to day operations, but unilaterally agree that Ninja's RMM is the best foundation we have found for our needs. Key to this being it's flexibility for you to adapt it, or to adjust your working processes to complement it. Day to day we see that the Ninja RMM causes us less work, updates are released without breaking features that worked before and in general we are a more efficient team because of it.

Cons: We were trying to replace an RMM system that we'd worked with for almost 8 years, it would be too easy to draw comparisons between the two. Short of the obvious learning curve associated with working within a new dashboard and the retraining of "muscle memory" for us, there aren't really any "cons" to speak of.

• Reviewed on 23/9/2020
Erik D.
IT Specialist
  • Reviewed on 1/9/2020

"Ninja RMM was what we were waiting for"

Comments: From start till now, evrything good, good trial and demonatration, explanation, also the customer support, the forum, and after sales, good, fine and motivated people over there, not only too sell. They like so invest for long periods, no one day flies.

Pros: The ease of use, the speed of the executing comands, the available features, the integrations with our MSP software, the development, customer care, after sales, etc etc.

Cons: Can't name none at the moment, there is always space for improvements, but don't know what fill in here...

• Reviewed on 1/9/2020
George W.
IT Projects & Services Engineer
  • Reviewed on 9/9/2020

"Awesome RMM Product"

Comments: NinjaRMM has given us the tools to be able to view our clients technology stack from a distance, and then be able to work with them on current and potential issues. Before this, all issues would come up out the blue and take us by suprise, ruining our current workflow. No more! This product is seriously great, and I don't think we could operate at the level we do without it.

Pros: The reporting tools and level of infomation we get on each device is all we could ever need.
Being able to update systems with a few clicks has saved hours of our time.

Cons: The thing I like least is that we didn't find this product earlier!

• Reviewed on 9/9/2020
Stan K.
I.T. Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2/9/2020

"Get the job done"

Comments: Ninja is aggresively customer focused - as it should be.

Pros: I like the smooth and fast interface. Other products have universities setup so you can spend days and weeks learning their system. That is not needed here. It gives me exactly what I need to get the job done.

Cons: Anything can be improved. Some aspects of the interface could be tweaked.

• Reviewed on 2/9/2020
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/2/2020

"Easy to use RMM software that checks all the boxes"

Comments: Ninja has helped us take control of our remote assets as well as internal assets. It makes it easy to remotely connect to a computer and deploy software with ease.

Pros: The software is easy to use and deploy. Allows remote connectivity and monitoring of many assets, even if they don't reach the domain often.

Cons: I would like to see a set storage place where programs and scripts could be placed. Instead, I link to Dropbox or Onedrive to deploy programs

• Reviewed on 24/2/2020
Mario P.
  • Reviewed on 4/9/2020

"Optimizing time while NinjaRMM does routine work for us"

Comments: Little by little we are configuring and customizing your policies to work for us. At first it cost us a little but we have the help of NinjaRMM

Pros: Once they learn how to use it, the interface is very comfortable and productive. The ability to personalize everything to the way we work in the company.

Cons: It still has few integrations. They still don't have it, for example, zendesk (and they use it to support me). Let's see if they improve soon

• Reviewed on 4/9/2020
Tyler J.
IT Integration Manager
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/2/2020

"Ninja Server Monitoring Tool"

Pros: Server monitoring is key and Ninja was able to help us out big time here. Such a great product and easy to install and get setup.

Cons: Sometimes the dashboard when you login isn't as intuitive as it could be. Wish it was easier to customize and maybe create some shortcuts to problem child servers.

• Reviewed on 28/2/2020
Brian O.
Managing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 29/7/2019

"Excellent RMM for newcomers and experienced in the industry"

Comments: The team at NinjaRMM is truly dedicated to providing a world-class RMM and experience for MSP's and ITSP's using it. The team goes out of its way to assist when needed, even getting their engineers involved if a partner need's more technical help. I would recommend and continue work with NinjaRMM to grow our IT services business.

Pros: First is its ease of use to setup and organize for different clients. The learning curve is very minimal if you're experienced with systems administration tools. I found NinjaRMM to be quite easy to configure patching & scripting, as well as deploy its Webroot integration. NinjaRMM's customer support team is dedicated to helping make NinjaRMM both priced right and function well for your needs.

Cons: The only con I can think of is the lowly NMS (network management system) agent. I refer to lowly because it's a functional but early-stage NMS solution in contrast to an Auvik or Domotz. However, at Ninja's price-point for some basic network monitoring, this agent works well.

Ryan R.
Owner, Lead Technology Solutions Consultant
  • Reviewed on 15/4/2019

"An Excellent Solution for Start-Up MSPs"

Comments: Working with NinjaRMM's customer service was an excellent experience. Built with a team of seasoned professionals, all with various different levels of experience in business ownership, maintenance, technical support, and account management, Ninja delivers top-notch customer services in an efficiently timely manner. After speaking with their billing team and our account manager, we were able to work out flexibility with billing, remaining easy to work with and understanding while we straightened out our Accounts Payable systems. It's exciting to be working with a company that is ever increasing their capabilities, expanding their team, and continuously pushing out new features to allow us to operate more effectively in the MSP workspace, provide higher quality of service, and expand our customer reach by providing many different options for managing our client networks.

Pros: NinjaRMM is incredibly easy to use, combining a fluid interface with powerful back-end features. One of the greatest things about this tool is that it just works. There's no complicated setup, or difficult to manage interface. All options and tools are clearly labeled, easy to understand, and the interface is laid out in an easy to navigate structure that is pleasent to look at. Our favorite feature by far is the SysTray customization options that allow us to place a service icon in the System Tray, and give our users tools directly on their desktop to self-resolve, or call assistance when necessary. Additionally, NinjaRMM has done a great job of implementing state of the art technology to provide SMNP monitoring capabilities, as well as managing and monitoring uptime and downtime instances.

Cons: Some of the features that you expect to be there aren't yet fully deployed. We're excited about the potential for backup capabilities with Ninja, however these features don't work perfectly all of the time. In addition, their interface currently lacks a Task Manager system for managing services and tasks, however I've been informed that this is slated for a later release. I would be interested in seeing a development roadmap made public to the subscribers as it gives us a better indication of how to plan for new capabilities/integrations that we may be able to use. Additionally, it would be neat to make uptime calculations so that we can provide percentages for various services to our clients in our reports. Again, I have been informed that full report customization is an upcoming feature, and I'm excited to see that take place.

• Reviewed on 15/4/2019
Olivier G.
  • Reviewed on 6/7/2017

"Adopt Ninja RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) as a MSP company and also for internal use"

Comments: Proactive service
Real time issues detection
Scheduled action
Win a lot of time !

Pros: - Clear GUI with excellent reactivity: Ninja RMM is designed to monitor and also to schedule actions after an issue detection, based on preset policies (for servers and computers, Windows nd Mac). You can also monitor webserver or internet line. Personalize a policy takes a few minutes and it's simple to interact with any computer (many useful options are available, as the CMD window). - Incredible ROI for new technicians. After a brief demo, a newcomer understands how it works. This was very important for us as we didn't have days to set up a monitoring tool... - Ninja NMS (Network Management System) is powerful and easily discovers assets in a network, monitor each asset and check it regularly (switch, printers, firewall, pcs, etc.) - Customer Service always on the top (email answer, community website, efficient commercial team) - good documents and videos to help during the beginning - Regular new functionalities: dev team listens to customer's features requests; probably the most important for me. The Ninja service is better and better and improves rapidly - Installing the Agent add it automatically to the customer/organization in the Console. Very useful if you send it to a new customer cause you don't have to log on and identify your MSP saas account tool! It is more secured. After 5 min, all the information (CPU, Memory, Services, Software inventory, Windows Event, Antivirus state, etc.) are available and can help to solve your customer issue.

Cons: - Mac OS : all functionnalities are not yet available, especially software actions - Would like to have a netflow, syslog and backup in NMS for more firewall providers

by NinjaRMM, LLC on 6/7/2017

Hi Olivier. Thank you very much for your review. Stay tuned we will be releasing a ton of new Mac agent functionality in the next couple of weeks :)

• Reviewed on 6/7/2017
Lucas W.
  • Reviewed on 16/6/2017

"ninjaRMM slices through the RMM competition"

Comments: Recommendations to others considering the product
There is only one option for ninjaRMM and that's their SaaS model. They use an API framework that allows for integrations with third-party software to provide that single-pane of glass experience. They have a well-rounded "out-of-the-box" solution set and are continuing to mature their features and capabilities. The executive team and leadership are experienced and driven to be the leader in the RMM space.
Status Pros wanted to find a cost-effective solution that would scale with us as we grew. Our experience with other RMM solutions found us wasting time "getting it to work" instead of building real solutions for automation, scripting, remote control, monitoring with "action on" sequencing, integration with third-parties through a single-pane of glass, and a cloud platform that allows us to properly manage our clients from any device, anywhere, anytime.

Pros: We know all too well that your vendor will make or break you. The team at ninjaRMM has built a solution that simplifies the RMM platform for technology providers with a modern approach. Our experience with the team at ninjaRMM moves the bar way up when it comes to supporting our technicians and third-party integrations. We have found them to not only listen to us but provide responsive and intelligence solutions in a timely manner. Status Pros keeps our client satisfaction levels high by using solutions that actually work they way they are supposed to, ninjaRMM is by far our best and leading solution loved by all of our clients. We can extend the ninjaRMM platform to our clients allow them access to their collateral including beautiful reports and shared access to all the features ninjaRMM offers.

Cons: Our excitement around ninjaRMM has us looking forward to the roadmap ahead for solutions that are not yet supported. This means we'll have to wait for these solutions as they become available. As a start-up, ninjaRMM is using modern software solutions which can slow down the adoption process for solutions that are not yet modernized to support their API framework.

by NinjaRMM, LLC on 16/6/2017

Hi Lucas,

Thank you very much for your kind words! We've been on a tear in 2017 with multiple major releases and are looking to keep the same pace for 2H 2017!

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or feedback, [email protected]

• Reviewed on 16/6/2017
Brian A.
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Best RMM for the money and features"

Comments: Overall, the interface is super easy. The software works correctly. When we do need help, which is rare, we get it and it is good. It's easily the best partnership we have with a third party.

Pros: Ninja RMM is easily the best RMM on the market. It is truly cloud based, responsive, and mostly easy to use. The reports are great, the integrations are super easy and the website itself is easy to understand. Other RMMs need a team of onboarders to show you how to use it over a period of a month. Come on man, ain't no body got time for that. Ninja RMM easy to understand as soon as I did the trial I knew it was the right one.

Cons: The only negative I can say is it doesn't have a built in distribution method. You have to rely on AD or something like PDQ Deploy to distribute it over a network automatically.

Helpdesk Senior Technitian

"Great Product.!"

Comments: So far they've been so helpful, every time i call the helpdesk they are able to address the issue and help me reach my goal, our sales rep. Always check on Us to make sure We have what We need and to receive our feedback.

Pros: The portal is really easy to use, to understand and to address any issue with customers, also is really simple to implement on your customers.

Cons: to accomplished a full service for a customer you will have to also use some other companies, for cloud backup and such. i wish they had a solution for everything.

Pat T.
VP Sales
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Ninja Review"

Comments: We have been very satisfied with the product so far. Our rep has been very responsive to our needs as well.

Pros: Ease of use and features is the main reason. The product was easy to deploy compared to the older one we moved away from. Anti-Virus feature and TeamViewer add on.

Cons: The reporting functions need some improvement as well as the backup functionality.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Christopher S.
Network Administrator
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Ninja saved us time by simplifying our MSP workflow"

Pros: The thing I liked most about Ninja was that coming from our old RMM platform (Centrastage aka AutoTask Endpoint Management, aka Datto RMM) was that you did not need to have a tech spend days reading documentation on setup best practices and then commit weeks to redeployment. When you login to NinjaRMM for the first time the website walks you through the basic setup of your account, clients, etc. When done that walkthrough you are ready to start using Ninja but with just two clicks you can easily hop over to the settings page and customize things even further. That ease of implementation made our switch to NinjaRMM go so smoothly and quickly that we finished account setup and transfer of all clients in less time than planned for!

Cons: The thing I like least about Ninja is they do not have an Android mobile app at the moment (Nov 2019) only a iOS app. Being able to check system health/status and run tasks from mobile on Android would be wonderful. That said they very well may have an Android app in development and being that Android holds a majority market share it seems unlikely that Ninja won't eventually release an Android mobile app.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Gary B.
Consultant
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2019

"Ninja meets all requirements"

Comments: I support about 100 desktops and 5 servers with Ninja. It’s my lifeline to my clients and saves me untold hours by not having to go onsite and by automating many routines.

Pros: The interface is what I like best. It is clean and easy to navigate, even though there are a lot of features. You can choose to stay simple on the surface or go deeper for more tools.

Cons: I wish they had more routine training for the more complex aspects of the program. There’s a lot to learn that would help me but I need some hand holding!

• Reviewed on 8/11/2019
David S.
Owner, Operator
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/8/2019

"NinjaRMM caters to all sizes"

Comments: Overall Ninja is a great solution for any MSP looking to save some money and make supporting your clients easy and not a chore. Ninja support is super responsive and quick to turn around and fix your issues. As a company, they also treat you as a person and not a bottom line. Their backup integration has helped me in a few pinches with clients data. The best part of this software is that it grows with you as your MSP grows and it doesn't break the bank!

Pros: Single pane of glass for managing all your clients. Whether you are a one-man shop or a large MSP Ninja is the solution you have been looking for. Super powerful policies and ease of automation. Integrates with other solutions for ease of transition from another RMM. It is lightweight and gives you tons of control and management where other solutions lack in ease of use and stuff you with features that you do not use or need. Ninja updates its software very often and it's quick to add new features making it even more powerful than before. I cannot recommend this product enough.

Cons: I have yet to come into a con for this software. Sure it has had hiccups but nothing that is not addressed almost immediately if you contact support or it ends up going through development and released with an update. If you can request it Ninja will do its best to add it to its features list.

• Reviewed on 12/8/2019
William C.
  • Reviewed on 25/9/2018

"Reliable RMM, Responsive Support, Receptive Executives, and One of the best softwares I have used"

Comments: There was always a fear that the patching of machines was not being done properly. And the basic thing we are paid to do was patch. We would spend countless hours with other platforms verifying, rectifying, and doubling our work load. Ninja's patching just works, and now they have added reboot notification on the main dash so we can see in a glance what machines need reboot to complete a patch. Even with schedules reboots, this is a security blanket.

Pros: The tool, just works. No fuss no mess. The MSP market space is hard enough without dealing with tools that do the opposite of what it is supposed to do. I have used other platforms, they start with K & N. One was just a bear to use, the other couldn't keep agents online. But Ninja, you install it, you set it and you check it. It just does it work. Which is to make my engineers life easier. What use to take 12 engineers, now takes 4. What you pay, is definitely not reflective of what you get. And the best part, they truly understand that in order for them to succeed, they need company's like mine to succeed. A true company that partners with us. I cannot say enoug good things about them.

Cons: The reporting is a little lite, but the community has raised its concerns and now the fix is on the road map. Same goes for a slew of other features that the community wanted/needed. Just wish they could 100X their development team every quarter .

• Reviewed on 25/9/2018
Bill L.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"Simple & Powerful"

Comments: NinjaRMM has helped us keep on top of the status of all our Windows systems. It does this with a simple and intuitive interface.

Pros: This product is simple and intuitive. Yet despite the simplicity, it is also very powerful. I have confidence that I know the status of all our Windows systems. I am able to remotely connect and manage our systems quickly and easily. Patch management is fairly straight forward to configure and monitor.

Cons: The product isn't quite the "single pain of glass" dashboard that I would like it to be. The SNMP support for monitoring network devices doesn't give one the needed in-site into standard network devices.
Another weakness is the inability to group devices within sites.
One other item that could be improved is to add the ability to send alerts to different emails, based on status.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Tony L.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 17/5/2018

"It's cut down on the amount of time needed to manage our RMM tool so we can focus on our customers."

Comments: Oh were to start. Our old RMM tool was complicated and over whelming. NinjaRMM is simple to use and understand, and doesn't take anytime for someone to pick up and use. We even have a few customers that log in and use the tool. It's just simple, and that's what I wanted. As I said in the review, now we can spend more time with our customers, and less time babying the RMM tool to make sure it's working. Thanks Ninja =)

Pros: 1. Search - something so simple can be the best feature. Our old RMM tool couldn't come close.
2. Ease of creating a policy for a customer or type of device in a customer.
3. Integration with 3rd party tools like AutoTask and TeamViewer.
4. Website branding - New feature, and we love it.
5. SysTray icon has been wonderful! I love the fact that we can use our own icons and give it our own flair.
6. Reports - They look nice and are simple to understand.

Cons: 1. TeamViewer. Not a fan. I'm sure it's not a big deal if you are new to this kind of thing. But we have used a lot of remote control tools in our 20+ years, and there are better options.
2. Can't install software on the fly. You have to use policies and a Schedules Action. I wish there was an option to upload an MSI/EXE/Other Scripts and run to a list of machines or all machines within a company. And give us the ability to turn this on and off so we can have customers do this as well.
3. I wish the update system was also about to update Windows 10 builds. This is still a manual process unless the customer has a server and we can push a script to install a Windows 10 update via UNC.

• Reviewed on 17/5/2018
Dennis V.
Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Fast and easy to use RMM"

Comments: Pro-active management of our clients. We see problems before the customer realizes it's there.

Pros: The RMM is lighting fast compared to others. The Remote tools are very easy to do maintenance on the background without interfering the users.
You can set monitoring policies on companies and also create policies with inheretance with saves alot of time to make something for another type of device. For example: monitor specific services on a DC, but add an extra that inherit it, and add the exchange template to it :)
They keep the MSP up-to-date with a roadmap, and keep adding features and still manage to keep it simple to use. In the last year they added VMWare support, this was a big thing that they were missing, but now they finally have it !

Cons: There is no Linux agent, but it's on the roadmap.

Kyle S.
VP Operations
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2017

"A fantastic RMM tool, with a few needed features yet to be added"

Comments: Ninja has streamlined our service delivery offerings and saved us money. It's a great tool and offers fantastic value.

Pros: Value and feature set are the two easy ones. But the biggest difference with Ninja is the support and development. Support (and everyone else at the company), have been AWESOME to work with. Ninja has also kept their roadmap up to date and hit every milestone on it. That is HUGE from a software company. We have been very happy working with Ninja over the last 18 months.

Cons: Ninja is lacking some search features that larger organizations need. For instance, with other products, we are able to run any crazy search our heart desires and act on it. For instance if we want to see all Windows 10 machines that have the latest version of Chrome installed across our entire client base, it's not possible with Ninja. We've been working with the company to get this implemented. Once they have that capability, I will have no other complaints!

by NinjaRMM, LLC on 27/6/2017

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

We've recently released an advanced search feature under our Devices view through which you can build queries for Windows 10 machines that have Chrome greater than Version X. We're also hard at work with third-party patching so you can patch all versions of Chrome that's out-of-date. Stay tuned for that release :)

• Reviewed on 27/6/2017