15 years helping Irish businesses

About WooPOS

WooPOS -- Point of sale and inventory management for WooCommerce and Shopify. Fit businesses for up to 1000 employees and 1M products.

Learn more about WooPOS

Pros:

The integrations make updating my inventory easy and I can easily see what stock I have on hand, as well as upload this to my WooCommerce WordPress store.

Cons:

The interface and complicated setup. The system is hard to set up as it doesn't link easily with the SQL database.

WooPOS ratings

4.3
4.3
4.5
4.6

8.7/10

WooPOS has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 182 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WooPOS before?

Web Developer in UK

One of the most customizable ecommerce addon

Pros:

What makes Woocommerce greatis the fact that it is higly cutomizable. WIth your every need it can exceed your expectations by far. Built for speed and custom it is another great tool to work with as a designer. The easy to install and manage make it for users ideal for small and large shops. You can manage a multi store from the same dashboard and start making some severe changes. It integrates perfectly with other plugins and apis

Cons:

The export data function should be tailored for less fields or make it more compact, it is great for export import in the same ecommerce platform but a nighmare just to upload it to something else.

Francois
President in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Best of all Solutions to sync with a Woocommerce website for my needs

Comments: When we need to move from an old POS system to a new one, it's never simple. But doing that with the WooPos team was a good experience with a very effective and fast response on urgent request. The migration went well and seamless without any interruption. Just a few bugs or missing setting quickly fixed. With the POS and the inventory, we are still learning and appreciate all the possibilities and the efficiencies of the WOOPOS system. There is also a knowledge database that could answer a lot of questions. The system is always improving with regular update.

Pros:

At first the posibility to migrate from my old outdated Microsoft RMS Store POS with the help of [sensitive content hidden] very professionnal without fee. Support very good almost live all the time with [sensitive content hidden] to answer my so many questions and for more complicated request with [sensitive content hidden]. And the best of all to sync the inventory, all my customers, who can buy by phone, online or in store with the points and reward solution, credit note, etc ...

Cons:

Since I'm from Quebec, Canada and my main language is in French, there is missing some translations possibilities. There is a lot that you can translate, invoices, the POS to be easily used. But sometimes it can create bugs on normal operation when trying to translate some strings like in the day/end tab. Also for customers who would to install and work with it right away. It's not as simple.

Florin
ecommerce administrator in Romania

The way to go if you make homemade... anything

Pros:

Very easy to setup, one click, two clicks, three clicks and you are done. Easy to understand the system and how it function for every day computer users.

Cons:

For an intermediate user, is a bit frustrating not being able to manage more products at once, to custom tailor those attributes in bulk and to always install new conflicting plugins for every small thing, you think it will increase sales.

Andrew
President in Canada

Handles large Database

Comments: The software is easy to use and lots of support documentation...the learning curve is more about adjusting to a different process compared to what we used before. Overall the change to WooPOS has been positive and staff seem to like the new system better.
Working with their head programmer has been beneficial in understanding and adapting to a new system.

Pros:

Our database has over 500,000 items in it and product searches and reports are faster than my previous system. We mainly use it as an inventory management system for our website and store...website is updated instantaneously. Easy to update database with excel data loads. Easy to customize invoice, labels and layout of screens. Fairly user friendly with pop ups/tips when a function or command is skipped or missing.

Cons:

Would be better if some of the inventory reports could be user defined/generated more easily than having to build (and understand how) a custom SQL query. Would like to see more/better basic accounting functionality as it is not an accounting program...it can export some ledger information to Quickbooks and others...but would like more.

Mike
Business Owner in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

WooPOS is a part of my team!

Comments: It was paramount to have a process where we could have one database for retail sales as well as online. This alone saves us time and money as WooPOS does both. The tech support is second to none. Never in my life have I ever dealt with a team like this! If there is an issue, they are there....Period. When I switched from Retail Edge they were able to import my inventory, were able to import our credit system totally worry free.
The information I can extract from WooPOS is more than enough for us to make decisions for the future.

Pros:

One database works for both our Retail and Online business, time saves us time and money! The reports give us lots of information to make decisions. We have set reorder points for inventory we want to carry again which means less counting or forgetting to order products in on a timely basis.

Cons:

I really haven't found an issue that hasn't been dealt with. I have never been in that position before. I will be a customer for a long time.

Stephen
Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Closest thing to Perfection

Comments: Really good overall experience. Everything is working very well. It has so many features it is a bit time consuming in getting it all set up just the way we want it.

Pros:

Hard to say as there are many very good things to like. Customer Service is simply off the charts.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] takes care of any issues within a few minutes usually. There are many new tax laws in place now and their system works well with these and it is also adaptable to those that may pop up in the future. Our state makes us collect the state sales tax as well as sales tax for every city and every county that we deliver large products too. This system handles these things with ease. Just need to update it once in a while.

Cons:

Adding inventory but I don't really suppose it's any better elsewhere.

Rahul
Director in Australia

Bonsai - Big thing in small package

Pros:

The attention to details and versatility. The software is highly flexible to suit any business's needs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team has put in a great effort to include a lot of features out of the box and the implementation is very easy. All the knowledge source is easily available and if you get stuck help is just a call/email away. In case you are looking for a cost effective, pay as you go, a long term player in your team, WooPOS is the way to go.

Cons:

People who are not used to of using mouse on retail systems may feel uneasy at first. One of my staff took a week to adjust but now adores the software.

Excellent customer service

Comments: Very satisfied, definitely recommend.

Pros:

It integrated nicely with my Woo Commerce online store and the support was by far the most amazing i've experienced yet.

Cons:

It is a bit intimidating at first but again, the support staff is great and they helped me through it all. now it's pretty simple.

Matthew
Matthew
Owner in US

Super powerful and designed for use for Wordpress and it works great in the software it was written

Comments: Its a great, powerful peice of software, makes for a very flexible and complete store. But you need to pay to get their, other competitors already offer the options in a monthly paid format and include phone support. But those are different models. Its working for this client and I'm glad they are happy. I would consider it again, but perhaps a little closer eye on the yearly cost.

Pros:

I had a client who needed a store and wanted me to build it an host it. Since I use wordpress for all my sites I'd already known about woocommerce. Its allowed me to build a very flexible, powerful store that can do almost anything I ask of it, as long as my client can continue to pay for the yearly renewals.

Cons:

Its expensive if you run anything more than a very simple store with simple products. As soon as you want to process credit cards, thats a paid plugin, you want to add the cost of goods (a feature free by default in 99% of its competitors), thats paid plugin. I would necessarily call it a full eCommerce solution, more like a solution framework that you need to buy multiple once a year renewing addons. Since its self hosted on your wordpress server you will not have phone support, email/ticket support is pretty responsive though. but you are expected to have moderately high level of tech knowledge.

Henri
Henri
Web designer in Benin
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

WooPos Review

Pros:

Compatible with both WooCommerce and Shopify.

Cons:

I sometimes have to create queries to generate particular reports.

Doug
Agency Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

The Beast of POS Systems

Comments: Extremely Amazing! Why? Because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the Man!
I was introduced to the system via an article written about one his clients, a vacuum business. In that article it mentioned WooPos. Why, I don't remember. I called that company and asked about his experience with WooPos. He said, he loved it but there was 1 thing he didn't understand. He said, "I only ever talked to guy, a guy named [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. But, every time he needed a customization or something fixed or changed, it was done in 20 minutes. He didn't understand it, because in the beginning there was quite a few 'tweaks' he wanted, but they were all done in 20-30 minutes. He loved it.
My experience, the exact same. It's been Amazing working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He will do whatever it takes to help you get things off the ground and hold your hand to get it configured properly and up and running. And the 20 minute turn around time, it's real.

Pros:

The fact that this thing does 'EVERYTHING' when it comes to a POS system is the biggest benefit. It literally does it all when it comes to managing anything that has anything to do with retail, from inventory stock level control to auto ordering based on those stock levels. Employee time cards, simple check-in and check-out. From simple daily reports to a complex breakdown to the micro detail. No limits either on data queries. Build them out exactly how you want, quick and simple.

Cons:

On the other hand... The complexity of it can be overwhelming. You have to be ready to learn and really take it all in. The biggest downfall to the software is the dated interface. While it doesn't look all fancy, it's a seriously solid piece of software and your not going to find updates breaking things or being dependent on an internet connection. You'll need one, but if the net goes down your POS doesn't. The downfall is the way you have to build out your quick launch buttons. To create custom buttons you have to use an odd search/query string that is not so easy, or at least it's not so easy for me to wrap my head around it. I've installed the system twice and in one setting we are implementing as much of it as possible, over a period of time that is. Their help files and documentation is pretty good and they have a page dedicated to these codes so that does help.

Megan
Director in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Best Shopping Cart

Comments: We saved tens of thousands by using Woocommerce to build our online site. We make sales daily thru it and are able to design and setup the site exactly to fit our needs.

Pros:

Woocommerce is free and easy to use, so as a business owner I was able to take the time to learn how to use it and create my own website with Wordpress and Woocommerce. I have no web design background, but was able to learn thru google and helpful articles and videos. As a platform, Wordpress is built to be easy to use and have made it simple for developers to create and sell useful plugins. Woocommerce is a great add-on to Wordpress and has allowed me and others to create beautiful and effective shopping carts. If we had to pay someone to custom create and maintain a site for us it would have been tens of thousands of dollars.

Cons:

Because Wordpress is a free base and countless developers can create their own plugins, there can be a lot of conflicts between plugins. Especially when there are essential or major updates to Wordpress or Woocommerce. This can have a huge impact on a website, and you need to be prepared to test major updates before they go live. One update once changed the entire structure of variable products and created hours and hours of work on the backend for us. You would not see this with a contained shopping cart (like 3DCart), but that's because you pay more for the other services. For the price, Woocommerce is unmatched.

Owner in Belgium

Best POS program I've ever encountered, loaded with functionalities

Pros:

The number of features included in this application is really mind blowing. Full (automatic) integration with Woocommerce makes managing inventory super easy. Customer support is amazing, all questions raised are always answered within 24hrs. Also in weekends.

Cons:

Some functionalities are a little bit hidden away, but so far I have not encountered a situation which could not be solved/implemented. Due to the software having so much functionality, it does feel a bit that the documentation could be stepped up one notch so that an administrator could self service more.

Aidan
Digital Operations Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

The Best POS and Inventoy Control Program for Retail

Pros:

WooPOS includes features that other programs do not that are essential to our day to day operations. This includes easy SKU creation, customer database management, lots of unique special order parts, transfers between retail locations, and in-depth reports. Without a program like WooPOS, many of these critical business functions would not be possible. Customer support is absolutely incredible compared to other systems. When we have an issue, it is generally fixed within an hour. Simply unmatched.

Cons:

There is a high learning curve to WooPOS, but once you understand its general functions, you are able to do so much.

Abdilhadi
Chairman in Kuwait
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Software

Pros:

Multiple stores and integration with Woocommerce, the default built-in reports are sufficient to run your daily sales and bank reconciliation, easily working with touch screens and thermal printer with option to configure multiple printers and currencies for sales. stock counting features is good option to have to check your stock counts.

Cons:

sometimes I wonder why they didn't implement web interface for such awesome software, i had to install this software on my PC just to adjust some configuration and generate reports, maybe if these features implemented in future I wouldn't need to have one additional server in my setup.

My go-to ecommerce plugin

Comments: Woocommerce has made it so much easier for me to set up an ecommerce website for clients, saving me loads of time.

Pros:

This plugin has the ability to do most anything you need with an e-commerce website. We've integrated it several ways into sites for ourselves and for clients. From subscriptions, digital products, to shipping products... woocommerce has been able to do it all for us.

Cons:

There are times when you require something more specific out of the plugin functionality and need to use CSS and PHP code to make it work... which means you need to either be or have at hand a developer that understands those codes.

Publishing

WooCommerce has a bit of a learning curve at first.

Pros:

WooCommerce is robust platform for ecommerce merchants selling basic products. It's easy to set up, the back end has a little bit of a learning curve if you've never used Word Press. Products can be bulk uploaded and updated via CSV which is a great feature.

Cons:

If you need more than what the basic Woocommerce offers you have to purchase plug-ins to get the functionality you are looking for. This can increase cost depending on how many plug-ins you need to add.

Retail

WooCommerce changed my life

Pros:

Rewind 6 years ago, I had an idea for an online store. I had no money but loads of time to play with. I chose WooCommerce and never looked back. Still today, it's what I use on every ecommerce project. It absolutely rocks, fullstop.

Cons:

There really isn't much you can dislike about WooCommerce itself. OK sometimes it can be a little slow if your site isnt optimized, but that's down to WordPress and PHP rather than WooCommerce

Owner in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Woopos & Woocommerce

Comments: Superb. Any technical issues are quickly sorted, as well as any of our odd requests for customisation.

Pros:

Integration with the client websites has been easy and Woopos is so fully featured.

Cons:

None found that could not be quickly sorted.

Joseph
Manager in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Amazing functionality despite some old fashioned software

Comments: While support can be a little delayed for me due to time zone difference, the support has been superb and every problem I had was solved, and even some suggestions I had were implemented. The one thing I love is just the ability to really customise what you want your POS system to do, in terms of which buttons you want and the kind of transactions you are doing. one feature I also greatly like is the fact that it can operate offline. In this day and age where 99% of EPOS systems are cloud based, I like the fact that I am not 100% reliant on my ISP.

Pros:

Customisability. It can literally do anything you want it to. From custom buttons to custom reports. It's integration with woocommerce is also pretty good, with multiple image uploads one of the definite plus features.

Cons:

How backward it looks and feels. Unfortunately one of the things that can't be customised is its appearance. It's literally from the 1990s. When setting up the store for the first time, some of the syncing of products and images can take some time. There is no phone connectivity for Woopos. So you can't check your sales while you're on the train.

We use WooCommerce Daily for our Online Store

Comments: It's an online store?

Pros:

The customer is able to access their records easily and make purchases online. The ability to download data for reporting and analyzing is very helpful.

Cons:

The administrative side is very cumbersome if you have a lot of data to filter through. Sometimes, our system will even time out when searching for a record

Jeremy
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Most affordable and customizable pos system

Comments: Been great so far. Good communication and help. Regular updates with new features.

Pros:

Can be as complex or simple as you need it to be. Staff is very helpful.

Cons:

Again can be very complex and overwhelming. There are tons of features but their help section online is super helpful and they're eager to help

Mazen
Director in Australia

Cleveland VapeC

Comments: Great to use, and great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros:

easy to use and , sales functions great and easy to navigate

Cons:

the updates. Sometimes it crashes my system in a middle of a sale

Jane
Web Designer in US
Design

Easy to customize, Feature-Rich, Reliable

Comments: I use WooCommerce for all of my WordPress Ecommerce projects, it's reliable and easy to customize on the frontend, and clients are happy with it once they get used to using it.

Pros:

Free // Easy to customize for developers // Most of the necessary features and functionality without having to purchase Extensions // Can add your logo to Emails from the admin*

Cons:

Requires theme updates from time to time (if customized) when core plugin files are updated // *No way to customize the actual text in Emails from the admin // Checkout, Cart pages not responsive/mobile-friendly (tables) // UX Not intuitive: not as easy for the average client to learn / use without guidance

Divya
Accounts Receivable Associate in Canada
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Easily to navigate. I can see all the information at one place

Cons:

Nothing. I didn’t face much issues while using it. So no complaints