15 years helping Irish businesses

About Zendesk Suite

Zendesk provides the complete customer service solution that’s easy to use and scales with your business.

Learn more about Zendesk Suite

Pros:

Zendesk has solved so many issues in one program. Pricing is good and a fair price.

Cons:

There are issues at times with uploading data and exporting data. Sometimes data is deleted or missing for no reason.

Zendesk Suite ratings

4.3
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.2/10

Zendesk Suite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,888 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zendesk Suite before?

Filter reviews (3,888)

Abegail
Abegail
Risk Analyst in Philippines
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Useful Zendesk

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I can say that Zendesk is very mucb helpful.

Pros:

You can easily reply to the customer concern.

Cons:

Nothing much because there is a lot of ticket you can merge with.

John Epok
John Epok
Regional Platforms Lead in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Deliver outstanding Customer Experience through Zendesk

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall still better that the rest out there, they just need to improve further their product roadmap and pricing.

Pros:

- highly-integratable with most customer channels - integratable with external chatbots and internal CRMs through API - seamless ticket life cycle

Cons:

- real-time dashboard is non-configurable - standard bot requires manual learning - pricing: add-ons cost a lot i.e. Advanced Ai, Zendesk Talk

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: As an admin, i have been using Zendesk for almost 10 years now hence I’ve built connections already and have established my mastery of the platform.

Jason
CTO in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Worst Support in Industry

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The service before the sale was exceptional. However, we found out too late that the service we purchased is not the service we were shown. There is no way to get support for the product. Everything costs extra.

Pros:

There is not much that has worked perfectly. The live chat has cut down on our overall customer support time, however the setup was more difficult and the maintenance is more difficult than other solutions. Most of the features that we like either don't operate on all versions of Zendesk or they only work about half of the time.

Cons:

The mobile app is almost unusable. But nothing is as bad as their support after the sale. You will get the excellent communication before the sale and you will be shown every feature Zendesk offers, but after the sale you will find out that there is no way to contact a human for support and all of the features that they showed you are not included and cost ridiculous amounts more. For instance, for us to add AI chat, business hour management and reporting to our account (all of which were included in our demo as part of the plan we were buying) it would more than double our subscription cost on a yearly basis.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: We thought it would integrate better with our current systems. Unfortunately many of those integrations are poorly built or glitchy because Zendesk does not want you to use the integrations they want to upcharge you for their version of the service.

Misty
IT Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Zendesk is a good tool to have in your tool kit.

Comments: My overall experience with Zendesk Suite has been positive. The platform offers a comprehensive solution for customer support, seamlessly integrating various tools to streamline processes and enhance the overall efficiency of our support operations. The intuitive interface, robust ticket management, and knowledge base features contribute significantly to providing a better customer support experience.

Pros:

The standout feature of Zendesk Suite is its seamless integration of various customer support tools, providing a unified platform for ticket management, knowledge base, and communication channels. This integration enhances efficiency, reduces response times, and contributes to an overall improved customer support experience.

Cons:

One drawback is that the pricing structure of Zendesk Suite can be relatively higher compared to some competitors, which might be a consideration for budget-conscious organizations.

Alternatives Considered: Service Fusion

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: The software was getting too costly and we needed a better-priced product.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: We chose Zendesk Suite over alternative products because of its comprehensive and integrated solution. The seamless combination of ticket management, knowledge base, and communication tools within a single platform offered the efficiency and scalability we needed for our customer support operations. Additionally, the user-friendly interface and reputation for excellent customer support played a role in our decision.

Shalonda
Purchasing Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Suite Life of Zendesk

5.0 last week New

Pros:

It literally keeps track of everything. And we have the ability to add in more parameters. As well as take away parameters if no longer needed.

Cons:

Being unable to CC appropriate parties inside Zendesk.

Liam
CMO in UK
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Zendesk Suite

5.0 last week New

Pros:

A complete customer support solution. It has everything you need for a great customer support, it can be integrated with easy with most CRMs. Integrating Zendesk with a chat bot and really helps sorting the tickets/customers for a easy resolve of any issue.

Cons:

I can't say Zendesk Suite has cons, maybe the price can be a little lower ...

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

There for the customers

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Being able to be contacted fast by your customers and resolve different issues for them is very important for every business. The interactive chat and support system from Zendesk Suite keeps all you tickets and customer problems organized and easy solvable. Great software and great support.

Cons:

I cant say i had any problems or issues with Zendesk, support tickets were solve fast.

Tayeb
Client Care Specialist in Canada
Furniture, 501–1,000 Employees

Swiss army knife of online tickets

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have used Zendesk at a formal office job for almost two years and it was very stable and very convenient to use as a hub to handle all the online requests including social media at a single place. Most softwares usually require days or weeks of training but Zendesk was very easy to use.

Pros:

A one point of contact to receive multiple online requests (Email, Facebook, Twitter) Being able to find tickets solved even years ago for a better understanding of a customers path. Being able to see who is working on a ticket in order to move on to another ticket or contact your coworker to communicate information if needed.

Cons:

The spam filter is not as aggressive as some other softwares can be but I understand that it is dependent on the team that is supposed to feed the spam filters

Ashley
Ashley
Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Its a good app

4.0 last week New

Comments: overall its bee. A great experience. I definitely recommend it

Pros:

its easy to use and navigate. The layout is great also.

Cons:

it does take a bit of time for them to answer

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Support ticket management with Zendesk Suite

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Zendesk Suite provides an user-friendly interface, you can easily get in contact with the customers/users through support tickets, the system organization is pretty neat as you can establish which member of the support team gets assigned the tickets.

Cons:

Sometimes the "real time notifications" would take a while to be sent.

Justin
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Has a Lot, but Surprised By What it Lacks

Comments: Their customer service is wonderful and they'll bend over backwards for you, but the options I found that were absent (at even the highest, most expensive levels) really made me disappointed. They are able to track UTM codes which is great if you're using Google Analytics, but if this isn't a concern of yours, I highly recommend searching for a more affordable alternative with more customization. They're out there.

Pros:

The implementation is incredibly easy, and there are multiple installation tutorials available online for users. However, tutorials for anything beyond basic set-up and basic customization of the chat button are hard to find, and you have to go up several levels of help to get solid answers if you're really looking to customize it for your operators.

Cons:

The absence of common-sense features I had gotten used to from our previous platform. Options such as "Round Robin" routing are not available unless you go for the high-money level usage, and options like having the platform automatically switch the operator to "away" whenever their computer was locked or on screensaver were absent. Their auto-idle kicked in if their window was idle, even if the user was still using the computer, which makes it frustrating and pointless.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Social and LiveChat

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: We needed to track UTM codes from Google Analytics and Provide Support was unable to do that at the time we switched. Full disclosure: Provide Support says it can now track UM codes, but we've run into roadblocks when testing it.

Switched From: Provide Support

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: The ability to accurately track Google Analytics UTM codes, price, and features.

Ted
Ted
Production Support Coordinator & IT Specialist in US
Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

Need help from Zendesk? Forget it. Don't even bother.

Comments: Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.

Pros:

The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.

Cons:

The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.

Alternatives Considered: Freshservice

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: A couple years ago, Freshdesk was lacking in features. I recently discovered they updated their platform.

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: Features

Govindraj
Head of Support in India
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Productivity and Efficient Support tool

Comments: We wanted out of box support solutions so we moved from Salesforce to Zendesk so we don't have deployment cost in Zendesk. Everything comes out of box and as an Admin u just to read their Knowledge KB and configurat the system to meet ur business needs. We have achieved 24 x7 chat support services with the help of Zendesk chat which is a excellent software

Pros:

The best part of the Product is it has multiple channel support, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business customer support agents productivity, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business productivity as well.

Cons:

Yes Zendesk has recently launched Explore as an analytical tool in replacement to their Insight analytical tool which is not up to the mark and much complex in comparison to Insight. Also their training and learning cost is High which should be reduced.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

This helps us to better serve our customers

Comments: We can use this data to improve the client experience by putting new processes in place. We've increased our output significantly, and now everything is in plain sight. It's incredible how much freedom we have when it comes to putting up a self-help library for our clientele. We were able to create a help center based on the Copenhagen theme, but we customized it to our liking with custom CSS styling.

Pros:

There is nothing Zendesk does that I don't like! The back-end user experience is the greatest I've ever encountered. The integration of Shopify and the capturing of knowledge is effortless. We've been using Zendesk Support for years and I'm sure we've only scratched the surface of what it can accomplish, but for a little business like ours, it's more than enough.

Cons:

New feature requests should be implemented more quickly, in my opinion. I would also like Zendesk to manage all new implementation requests.

Narendra Kumar
Assistant Manager - SEO in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Email Support Platform, If you are dealing with more Customers.

Comments: Having a track of support tickets we are getting and how many of them are solved, how much average time they are taken to get solved, and who had solved them. etc. these metrics are something that we can't get access in traditional email platforms. Zendesk is the platform that helped us in setting up all these things with ease and solved the biggest headache of ours.

Pros:

The way it delivers the emails to the right customer support agent based on the query. We used to deal with a lot of customers and it is not possible for us to go with the G-mail to solve the customer queries and especially when there are a lot of queries with different categories. we have chosen Zendesk to segregate emails automatically and based on the query and also to which certain emails should fall. We have used the autoreply function for some of the emails where there is a standard reply. It is a pretty good dashboard to track the support tickets as well as team performance.

Cons:

Not sure, as I didn't find any flaws in my usage time.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk and Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: Not sure why we have taken Zendesk, however never felt regret after going for it.

Kendall
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

An excellent customer support software is Zendesk

Comments: Extremely simple to set up and begin using immediately. The agents are really enthusiastic about it and have accepted it quickly. Super user-friendly and packed with options. Excellent for plugging into preexisting infrastructure and developing bespoke APIs.

Pros:

Zendesk is more refined than its competitors, Help Scout and Vantive. It's more feature-rich, and its user interface is pleasant to look at and use. Its administrative features are unparalleled, and the option to integrate an internal knowledge base benefits both our agents and our clients.

Cons:

I prefer learning in the here-and-now, but they only offer materials for independent study. There is no personalized training, and I have to put in more time studying than I have available. Given the high cost of this software, I would have anticipated some sort of orientation.

MARLON
Reservations Manager in Belize
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Fastest way to connect and interact with your website visitors!

Comments: A wonderful tool to have on our Resort website! This tool has helped my team and myself close sales in less than 15 mins. Definitely a great tool for support as well. It's a faster and convenient way for clients to reach out to us and get information which leads to great costumer service! My team is very satisfied with Zendesk Chat and we look forward to its continuous updates! It is part of our sales & support team! Keep up the good job!

Pros:

That our clients can visit our website and ask questions right away about our services and our team helps them I'm purchasing the right services there and then! We can see clients who visit our website and we can interact with them and offer assistance. My team has closed sales just by chatting with clients, which makes this a wonderful tool! We are very pleased with this service.

Cons:

My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our clients. This is part of our sales team!

Alternatives Considered: LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: We found Zendesk to be a feature rich tool and was the best fit for our Resort website. We certainly don't regret having chosen Zendesk!

Erica D.
Erica D.
Director Of Administration in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great software, terrible support (ironically); Hope you don't have to leave

Comments: Our company has been using Zendesk for 5-7 years. I was not personally around when we onboarded it, but I have worked with it for over 3 years now. We have terrible trouble any time we did need support, for a system problem or a question we couldn't answer ourselves via their expansive maze of KnowledgeBase. The support reps at Zendesk have been accusatory, excuse-ridden, and most of all don't even read the tickets you submit to understand the problem (Zendesk support actually became an office joke. That's about the time we decided we had to look for another tool). When we met with our Account Rep to try to get some of the issues worked out, we were told basically that we weren't even supposed to have gotten the level of support we had received, and proceeded to explain how SaaS works (we're a software company, mind you). I think Zendesk simply got too big too fast, and somewhere along the way decided that the businesses using their product aren't important anymore. They lost this long-term customer.

Pros:

Zendesk as a tool does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well. We used Support + Guide products, for ticketing for our e-learning business, and also for our Self-Serve support (knowledgebase). It is full-featured, and comprehensive. As far as support rep work goes, it's simple, to the point, and it integrates well with many tool because it is such a large company. It is designed for an enterprise company.

Cons:

Because it is so full-featured, it can be years' work to get everything set like you need, and they provide little to no assistance. Some of the basic settings are so deep and so spread out, you'll spend hours reading through Help articles to understand how to customize your ticket form. It is NOT small-business friendly, it is really meant for large companies with someone dedicated to maintaining this software.

Cody
Business Analyst in US
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

Modern customer facing companies need a modern customer facing solution

Pros:

The format of the ticket interface lends its self to serving email based communications very well. At a glance I can easily see all tickets sent by a specific requester or business and prioritize based on the severity of the issues being described. The help center and chat button that can be integrated into custom applications can be a game changer when it comes to self service. Inbound and outbound call recordings are super critical especially for our finance team to ensure we have a reliable means of keeping proof of what was said.

Cons:

The cost is ever increasing while they shift features away from lower tiers and pay wall them behind more expensive tiers of their service. We used to have rich analytics with Gooddata. Since they moved to building their own analytics add in a company has to be at a minimum tier of Zendesk and then purchase the Explore add in. From there someone needs to familiarize themselves with the add in service and create the data sets they need. Zendesk's own support team's response time has become abysmal. It takes weeks to hear back from anyone despite adding words like "urgent" "critical" "time sensitive" in the subject line and the body. If you're get a response, you just hope it's comprehensive enough to solve the problem on the first try, but more often than not the support agents miss the point or gloss over the issue and provide a support article that doesn't help solve the issue. Getting tickets escalated to a higher tier on complex issues can take months to achieve. This is all very ironic from a company making money hand over fist and yet can't keep up with customer support demands.

Nazir
manager in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Zendesk Suite: A Comprehensive and User-Friendly Customer Service Solution"

Pros:

One of the things I like most about Zendesk Suite is its ability to centralize and streamline customer service operations. Zendesk Suite offers a wide range of features such as helpdesk ticketing, live chat, phone support, self-service portals, and more, which allows businesses to manage customer interactions across multiple channels. This makes it easy for businesses to provide fast, efficient and personal customer service, which can be particularly important for businesses that rely on customer loyalty

Cons:

One thing I like least about Zendesk Suite is that it could be a bit overwhelming for new users, as it offers a wide range of features and functionalities. It can take some time to learn how to use all of them effectively. This can be a challenge for businesses with limited time or resources to invest in training their staff.Another aspect that could be considered a downside is that Zendesk Suite is a subscription-based service, which means that businesses will need to pay a monthly or annual fee to access all its features. While the pricing is reasonable, it may not be a good fit for small businesses or organizations that don't need all the features that Zendesk Suite offers.Lastly, it's worth mentioning that Zendesk Suite relies on a stable internet connection to function properly, so if the internet connection is weak or unreliable, it can cause problems such as slow performance, dropped connections or even lost data.Overall, while Zendesk Suite is a powerful and user-friendly customer service solution, it may not be the best fit for all businesses or organizations. It's important for users to carefully consider their specific needs and preferences before deciding to use the service.

Goma
Instructor in Nepal
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Streamlined Support with Room for Improvement

Comments: The initial steps of getting everything up and running may require some extra effort and time to navigate through. When it comes to customization, I have noticed certain limitations within Zendesk Suite. While there are options available, I have found that users might feel restricted when trying to customize ticket forms, chat widget appearance, and reporting templates. Having more extensive customization options would greatly benefit businesses, as it would allow us to align the software more closely with our branding and specific requirements. This level of customization would help create a consistent and personalized experience for our customers.

Pros:

The best feature of Zendesk Suite is the integration of multiple tools into a single platform. This integration allows for seamless coordination between different channels, such as chat, phone support, and knowledge base articles, providing a comprehensive customer service solution. The ticketing system in Zendesk Suite streamlines the process of handling customer inquiries. With customizable ticketing fields and automation options, I can easily categorize and prioritize tickets, ensuring that no customer query goes unanswered.

Cons:

The initial setup process can be overwhelming. Simplifying the onboarding experience and providing more intuitive setup guides would make it easier for new users to get started quickly. Also, more customization options for ticket forms, chat widget appearance, and reporting templates would be beneficial. While Zendesk Suite offers basic automation capabilities, incorporating more advanced automation features would be a welcome addition. The pricing structure of Zendesk Suite might be a consideration for some businesses. While the software provides excellent value for its functionality, pricing tiers could be made more flexible to accommodate the varying needs and budgets of different-sized organizations.

Victoria
HRIS Specialist in US
Newspapers, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zendesk - The Great Customer Service Management Tool

Comments: Overall positive. I liked being an admin greatly as well as I like being a user submitting my concerns to different companies and brands. Seeing them use Zendesk makes me feel good knowing they are using a trustworthy product. I also know if they don't respond easily it must be on them as a company, as everything is tracked, such as time and date, so it is easy to set TTR metrics using this product.

Pros:

SO EASY TO USE! Every time someone needed something they could easily submit a request and it would go straight to our team to address. Very easy to see what needs to be completed and when it was submitted to us. Additionally, it made it very easy to organize issues, by labeling all our tickets in a category such as New Hires, Terminations, Unemployment forms, Payroll related questions, technical issues, etc. I also liked that it was a giant knowledge database. I could go back to past tickets and see how it was handled and respond in a similar way.

Cons:

There were a few times (RARELY) that it didn't work so we could not do our job at all and support our employees. It was our MAIN form of contact with our employees and we had employees all over the USA. We mainly used Zen Desk for getting tickets from our employees, along with state agencies specifically during COVID when unemployment was high, and tried to solve all their problems and act as the MAIN line of support. When it was not up and running it made this difficult.

Maddie
Data Analyst in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Communicate effectively with your customers, ¡Use Zendesk!

Comments: Zendesk, has helped me to perform better the solution of any problem that our clients may have, has given us the possibility of creating automatic responses, through different forms of communication, thus, it has made my work so fast and easy. Its reporting function is also really very beneficial, to see what the trends are, in sending emails to our dissemination team. Zendesk, has a great possibility to gradually increase the functions of our companies, helping us to move towards success, in a reliable and safe way.

Pros:

Zendesk, is a reliable application, your ticket collection and autocomplete form is always available. In addition, it helps us resolve inquiries about calls, through your help in responding to the distinctive clientele of different media channels, and having them move through help guides before they can engage in a conversation with managers. I like Zendesk because its tools are necessary for effective management towards the guest, they facilitate the alternation of emails and take internal notes, in addition to recording telephone calls and voice memos are only for employee use. All your tools are vital to manage the accounts of our customers. It is highly recommended, a satisfied customer is one more achievement.

Cons:

The main drawback of this skillful application, is that its long-lasting features and simple to implement, are requested by customers through the community, are not added to the product, the user interface is not one of the most attractive that exist , although it presents all the functionalities implemented at the same time, so enough time is spent to fully familiarize yourself with this software and make the most of its performance. Several changes can further improve workflows or provide better interaction between the company and the clientele. Your online training is not the most complete because you do not have fasting forums or personal training. There is no free trial available to test the software before you are told to opt for a paid plan with all available features.

Alberto
Alberto
Marketing Project Coordinator in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Zendesk Suite manages our technical support

Comments: We use Zendesk to manage our inbound support, account service, helpdesk, and requests from our contact page in order to communicate with users. We collect bug reports and enhancement requests from users and can troubleshoot and monitor requests through various systems we have integrated. It is the foundation on which we base the way we interact with our customers when they come to us.

Pros:

The API and app frameworks are very useful and serve as a foundation for creating custom apps that can be connected to our Zendesk account for automation and updates, as well as creating specific tools that can be integrated directly into the product while agents are working. This can be very profitable, as there is a consumer sector that allows other services to be embedded in place. Allow us to design goals that are triggered from a variety of data formats from custom recipes, this allows us to have Zendesk update and alert other systems on demand, in real time, avoiding big money scripts that are used for survey automation. The unification is striking due to the number of partner add-ons they offer that are preconfigured to integrate to common tools such as JIRA, Slack, Salesforce, Hubspot, ChurnZero.

Cons:

We were sheltered by the unlimited light brokers, however, I believe access has been restricted as of this point. They have a tendency to move slowly to incorporate new options into the API, but overall they are quite flexible. In order to understand the API you need to focus on a less important part of their overall platform.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Great tool for customer support

Comments: Zendesk has been an amazing tool! You have all the options you need to work more efficiently and as part of a team. It has so many features that you never stop finding new options to improve the work in the team. It is user friendly and it has a clear interface. You just need to take your time to find and learn how to apply all the features to your everyday taks. I will definitely recommend it!

Pros:

It took me a while to get to know more than the basic features in this platform, and once I did I loved it. You can easily create macros, these are templates for emails or replies that you usually send. Using this feature you don't need to write all over again everytime you need to reply the same you can just find it there. You can create a lot of them and name them easily to find them later. You can even use tags to add the name of the user or any detail you may need. The other feature I use the most because we are several people in my team, is the option to assign tickets to other users. This ways you can 'send' a ticket to a colleague for him or her to reply or check it for you. It has SO many options that there is no way to name them all, and they are all super useful! The system can even detect the language of the message and assign it automatically to the member of the team that works with that language!

Cons:

I am not sure I can say this is a negative thing. But I would like to see more video tutorials on how to use specific features and how they may apply to your team and company. There are a lot of help pages, but in order to find specific things you usually need to contact customer support, which is not bad, it just takes extra time.