Retail Pro Reviews

by Retail Pro International

• Overall

About Retail Pro

Retail Pro is complete retail management solution for POS, inventory, customer and store ops management across channels and devices.

Learn more about Retail Pro

Robert S.
Retail Pro Administrator
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2018

"Retail Pro 9"

Comments: I have been a Retail Pro Admin now for years. I know that if I ever have an issue pop up, I can call my RPro business partner at any time of the day, even 2 am, which I have done. I get the same high quality and knowledgeable support I need at the time.

Pros: It’s ability to provide a one-stop shop. It has everything a business needs to succeed as software goes. Along with it knowledgeable business partners is an excellent choice to support your retail business

Cons: New more knowledge based support. When I access my portal, the limited amount of user information is disappointing

• Reviewed on 13/4/2018
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2014

"J.D Associates and Retail Pro"

Pros: We have been using the software Retail Pro for about two months now at our single location, which is a Swimming Pool retail store. Since the day we first launched the software, we have had such an easy time conducting business with our vast customer base. Ringing in sales have never been easier, and we can now, for once, really track our sales by department and so much more. The software was very easy to learn and J.D. Associates was a big part of that! Their training process was not only well-performed, but our teacher made it fun as well! I'd recommend RetailPro and J.D. Associates to any entrepreneur or business manager!

Cons: I can't think of anything at all. There is nothing to date we dislike, and I can't see us ever changing our views.

• Reviewed on 23/6/2014
Amogh R.
Business Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2018

"Strong Customization but can still be improved"

Pros: * Very strong customization options.
* Its EMV compatible which is a big plus
* Its got strong Employee and customer management modules
* Strong reporting capabilities

Cons: * Not having ability to “edit” the preloaded report formats to suit our needs.
* There are few glitches here and there especially with a preloaded cards but customer service is usually quick to respond

• Reviewed on 31/7/2018
Skyler C.
Co-Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Retail pro is decent"

Pros: Retail pro is a decent software for a consignment store. It is fairly simple to you and has a smooth layout.

Cons: My cons with the product is that there is more products out there like it with newer layouts and easier to use.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Reid J.
  • Reviewed on 18/3/2014

"Retail Pro and Big Hairy Dog are best in class!"

Pros: Retail Pro is well developed, from an end-user standpoint. We don't experience system problems, and they continue to update and enhance routinely. Big Hairy Dog's support is fast, friendly, and - most importantly - knowledgeable!

Cons: We have been exceptionally happy with both for 11 years!

• Reviewed on 18/3/2014
Samantha S.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 25/3/2014

"Best point of sale system"

Pros: Retail Pro is an amazing system. The reports are so easy to understand and use. I get all the information I am looking for with simple reports. The service is above and beyond amazing; the techs are always there to help and answer any questions. They are really a great great company.

Cons: The only negative I have is that in the entry process, you must go to a different screen to add a picture to a matrix.

• Reviewed on 25/3/2014
Mary L.
Museums & Institutions
  • Reviewed on 27/3/2014

"Satisfied customer from the first!"

Pros: Their training is expert; their customer service is the best. This is why I go back over and over again to a vendor. If they treat me right, I will be their lifelong customer. They are the best when it comes to customer service. They stand behind everything that they preach!

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I do not like. They have always been attentive to my needs. I have had no problems ordering supplies, or getting tech support. They have my back!

• Reviewed on 27/3/2014
Steve C.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2012

Comments: We have been using Retail Pro for over 12 years when it was a DOS system. We have 9 retail tobacco stores and I purchased the system for it's multi-store functionality. It is great when it comes to receiving product and distributing out to the stores. I can see what each store needs, and distribute to all stores in one screen. However, for five years I've been trying to get it integrated with my accounting package, QuickBooks, and it doesn't work. They will tell you is does, but it doesn't. The poll display is a waste of money. We paid thousands of dollars for their yearly registration fee and got nothing for it. Then we were told we needed to go from version 5 to 8 if we wanted support. They made no effort to tell us about bugs or upgrades to the system each year and they are still like that. I can't tell if it's the reseller/support company, Data business systems or if it is Retail Pro. I have called Retail Pro directly to try to get issues resolved and they never got back to me. Gift certificates are very difficult to do, you need to remember to put in a negative when you sell and positive to redeem. I don't understand how over 30,000 companies can use this program. It's good but not great!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2012
Marc B.
  • Reviewed on 27/9/2013

Comments: We own a retail clothing store in northern British Columbia, Canada and have been using Retail Pro for 5 years now. We have always been very satisfied with its ease of use, intuitiveness and overall user friendliness. Their techs have been responsive, available for consult every time I've had to call. They've always fixed or helped develop reports tailored to our needs. I tested many many different POS software programs before finally deciding on Retail Pro from our Canadian Vendor; Canadian Retail Solutions. Implementation was as painless as using a brand new software could ever be! I would recommend Retail Pro to any retailer, big or small.

• Reviewed on 27/9/2013
Jonathan w. W.
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2013

Comments: We are a retailer that has been utilizing Retail Pro for over 15 years. We utilize Retail Pro in every facet of our business: from Online to our Retail Store.
Reporting, Inventory Management, Point of Sale and integration into our A/P & A/R are all essential functions, and Retail Pro makes them efficient for our business
The reporting, details, and back-end support are extremely important when we are running a business 24/7.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2013
Carol E.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2017

"Learning something new"

Comments: It's easy to use, support was great and I felt comfortable

• Reviewed on 12/3/2017
Vahid M.
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2014

"Excellent in quality"

Pros: They offer excellent service and a quality product.

Cons: There is nothing that I do not like about about the product and vendor.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2014
Ann P.
  • Reviewed on 17/3/2014

"Big Hairy Dog is Top Dog in Glamour House's Book!"

Pros: Hands down, what I like best is that our service is through BHD. I purchased Retail Pro in 2003 and have had bumps along the way (e.g.-hard drive crashes, lost data/backup issues, questions on operation, etc.). Customer support has always gone over and above the call of duty to solve my problems in a friendly, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Also, it is comforting that their support staff have longevity in the company. I also like the intuitive features of use and easy integration with Quickbooks.

Cons: I am concerned that at some point they will no longer support Version 8, and Version 8 works just fine for us. We don't want to be forced to buy more than we need.

• Reviewed on 17/3/2014
Natee M.
Business Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/7/2020

"Don’t buy. My on hand inventory is wrong. It’s a bad decision that I bought this product."

Comments: It sucks. Don’t buy. We have been trying to use it for over a year but now we have to start everything over because the inventory is not correct. We have to do manual adjustments a few times. Our products are high value watches with serial numbers and we have only less than 10 transactions per day!!
We can’t imagine how this software can handle larger businesses with hundreds or thousands of transactions per day. Either the local solution provider (Adasoft) didn’t implement it correctly or the software really sucks!

Pros: Ease of use interface.
Multiple stores capability.

Cons: - It could not even calculate inventory correctly.
- Regional Support is extremely slow and local solution provider could not help much.
- We have been trying to use it for over a year, it has always been miscalculating the on-hand inventory and the actual inventory in the reports.
- Upload tool is very difficult and confusing to use and can cause duplicate records and mess up the product database.
- Slow.
- We have been using it over a year just to find out that either the product or the implementation is sub standard.

• Reviewed on 8/7/2020
Suzanne Z.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2017

"RIS review"

Comments: Server based is outdated.

Pros: Robust, and reliable we have used it for more than 30 years. It has served our store well over the last 30 years. Reporting is good.

Cons: Clunky and outdated. To improve our online presence we need to link to Linked Retail which is $ a month

• Reviewed on 14/4/2017
Rachel B.
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 27/5/2014

"Grand Canyon University Arena Team Shop"

Pros: I like the ease of use and the availability of the Retail Pro and One Step Staff. One Step Retail Solutions has shown me and the GCU Team Shop that they are committed to providing us with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. They have worked with the GCU Team Shop on our mobile store and provided continual support as our store has evolved.

Cons: The system is easy to use, but I know there is so much more to our point of sale system. I wish there were classes or webinars offered for free to explain how to use more of the features.

• Reviewed on 27/5/2014
Nancy P.
  • Reviewed on 21/3/2014

"We love Retail Pro"

Pros: Retail Pro is easy to use at Point of Sale and in the back office. New employees learn the system quickly because it's very user-friendly. The customer service and tech support is outstanding.

Cons: The only thing we wished our version of Retail Pro had would be better statistical analysis. It is available on the new version, but we would have to do a complete switch over.

• Reviewed on 21/3/2014
Spencer Y.
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2014

"Great Point Of Sale Software"

Pros: They OneStep team is thorough with a capital T. The product is extremely robust, putting all the important metrics a click away.

Cons: The biggest downside to V9 vs V8 is the speed. V9 is significantly slower. One other big downside to the RPro software is it limits your third-party options. We are stuck using only one CC processor, which ties our hands and limits our ability to get the best possible deal/rates.

Brian M.
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2014

"Happy Retail Pro Customer and One Step Retail Solutions Client"

Pros: The biggest change was having tighter control on inventory, needing less inventory, and generating more sales on a smaller inventory value. That’s pure profit! As our store really began to take flight, we built a great partnership with One Step Retail Solutions and have been going strong with them since 1994.

Cons: There isn't much I don't like about the product. It is very user-friendly.

Quentin L.
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2014

"Test for Growth Strats and the perception behind it."

Pros: I like the core set of products and customer service. I'm easily able to integrate it into our system.

Cons: The price isn't great. It wasn't that easy to learn for most of the team. The system crashes at unexpected times.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Eric B.
  • Reviewed on 17/7/2014

"JDA and RPro"

Pros: JDA not only provides the support we need but is also forward looking, allowing us to plan for the future. Retail Pro consistently gets the job done for us.

Cons: I'd like to see some improvements in store-to-store data transfer. Real time information at the central hub is a must.

• Reviewed on 17/7/2014
Michael D.
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2014

"Retail Pro Review"

Pros: I've been using Retail Pro for over 15 years and would not be able to run my business without it.

Cons: I would like the reporting to be a little more robust.

• Reviewed on 14/7/2014
Brian W.
  • Reviewed on 11/3/2014

"I'm a managing partner and CIO."

Pros: It does 90% of everything we want & need. Frankly, that other 10% is probably unrealistic without custom programming. We get awesome tech support when needed, and I especially love the live chat feature that lets us ask quick questions. The product is very quick and easy to train an employee on and setting up levels of permission is awesome. We're able to delegate job duties easily with the different features. Receiving is a perfect example. That workstation is set up to be used completely differently than our cash registers. For example, we have three cash registers our of eight total machines running Retail Pro. Each has a unique function, and the software works well in supporting those varied functions simultaneously.

Cons: Some of the more intricate details of the software take quite a while to learn. It's easy for an average sales associate to use the main functions, but some of the higher level features get complex. The software can be "quirky" with some old features that were added on to, so there are features that are not intuitive. An example is polling: some things happen automatically and others require initialization. Like every time we add an employee to the system, it's a process to get them into other locations and requires higher-level knowledge.

• Reviewed on 11/3/2014
Mohamed R.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2018

"i'm working with retail pro since 2013, it was wonderful experience."

Comments: i got the knowledge that gave me the chance to implement and support our customer in the market, very important thing is that i learned how business operate with one of the biggest retail solution ever

Pros: very powerful inventory management solution, full of function and features. the second thing is the scalability and durability the solution can support large number of stores & POSs in one big database "oracle database".

Cons: it takes much time to recover database especially in the main server, 2nd thing when upgrade from old release to a new one with large number of stores and POSs.

• Reviewed on 14/4/2018
Urmi P.
  • Reviewed on 9/6/2014

"Solid Retail Pro User"

Pros: Retail Pro provides a great POS system that allows me to track down inventory in my store and also lets me see instantly what other stores have in stock in case a customer is looking for something I am out of. One Step Retail has provided great support to all of our stores, including the installations for our new stores.

Cons: I wish there was a way of detecting when someone does not have enough funds on a prepaid credit card, because we get a lot of tourists in our stores. Sometimes there are a few glitches with the system, but our support is always quick about getting back to me.

• Reviewed on 9/6/2014