Retail Pro Reviews

by Retail Pro International

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Retail Pro

Retail Pro is complete retail management solution for POS, inventory, customer and store ops management across channels and devices.

Learn more about Retail Pro

Robert S.
Retail Pro Administrator
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2018

"Retail Pro 9"

Comments: I have been a Retail Pro Admin now for years. I know that if I ever have an issue pop up, I can call my RPro business partner at any time of the day, even 2 am, which I have done. I get the same high quality and knowledgeable support I need at the time.

Pros: It’s ability to provide a one-stop shop. It has everything a business needs to succeed as software goes. Along with it knowledgeable business partners is an excellent choice to support your retail business

Cons: New more knowledge based support. When I access my portal, the limited amount of user information is disappointing

• Reviewed on 13/4/2018
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2014

"J.D Associates and Retail Pro"

Pros: We have been using the software Retail Pro for about two months now at our single location, which is a Swimming Pool retail store. Since the day we first launched the software, we have had such an easy time conducting business with our vast customer base. Ringing in sales have never been easier, and we can now, for once, really track our sales by department and so much more. The software was very easy to learn and J.D. Associates was a big part of that! Their training process was not only well-performed, but our teacher made it fun as well! I'd recommend RetailPro and J.D. Associates to any entrepreneur or business manager!

Cons: I can't think of anything at all. There is nothing to date we dislike, and I can't see us ever changing our views.

• Reviewed on 23/6/2014
Amogh R.
Business Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2018

"Strong Customization but can still be improved"

Pros: * Very strong customization options.
* Its EMV compatible which is a big plus
* Its got strong Employee and customer management modules
* Strong reporting capabilities

Cons: * Not having ability to “edit” the preloaded report formats to suit our needs.
* There are few glitches here and there especially with a preloaded cards but customer service is usually quick to respond

• Reviewed on 31/7/2018
Skyler C.
Co-Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Retail pro is decent"

Pros: Retail pro is a decent software for a consignment store. It is fairly simple to you and has a smooth layout.

Cons: My cons with the product is that there is more products out there like it with newer layouts and easier to use.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Reid J.
  • Reviewed on 18/3/2014

"Retail Pro and Big Hairy Dog are best in class!"

Pros: Retail Pro is well developed, from an end-user standpoint. We don't experience system problems, and they continue to update and enhance routinely. Big Hairy Dog's support is fast, friendly, and - most importantly - knowledgeable!

Cons: We have been exceptionally happy with both for 11 years!

• Reviewed on 18/3/2014
Samantha S.
  • Reviewed on 25/3/2014

"Best point of sale system"

Pros: Retail Pro is an amazing system. The reports are so easy to understand and use. I get all the information I am looking for with simple reports. The service is above and beyond amazing; the techs are always there to help and answer any questions. They are really a great great company.

Cons: The only negative I have is that in the entry process, you must go to a different screen to add a picture to a matrix.

• Reviewed on 25/3/2014
Mary L.
Museums & Institutions
  • Reviewed on 27/3/2014

"Satisfied customer from the first!"

Pros: Their training is expert; their customer service is the best. This is why I go back over and over again to a vendor. If they treat me right, I will be their lifelong customer. They are the best when it comes to customer service. They stand behind everything that they preach!

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I do not like. They have always been attentive to my needs. I have had no problems ordering supplies, or getting tech support. They have my back!

• Reviewed on 27/3/2014
Steve C.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2012

Comments: We have been using Retail Pro for over 12 years when it was a DOS system. We have 9 retail tobacco stores and I purchased the system for it's multi-store functionality. It is great when it comes to receiving product and distributing out to the stores. I can see what each store needs, and distribute to all stores in one screen. However, for five years I've been trying to get it integrated with my accounting package, QuickBooks, and it doesn't work. They will tell you is does, but it doesn't. The poll display is a waste of money. We paid thousands of dollars for their yearly registration fee and got nothing for it. Then we were told we needed to go from version 5 to 8 if we wanted support. They made no effort to tell us about bugs or upgrades to the system each year and they are still like that. I can't tell if it's the reseller/support company, Data business systems or if it is Retail Pro. I have called Retail Pro directly to try to get issues resolved and they never got back to me. Gift certificates are very difficult to do, you need to remember to put in a negative when you sell and positive to redeem. I don't understand how over 30,000 companies can use this program. It's good but not great!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2012
Marc B.
  • Reviewed on 27/9/2013

Comments: We own a retail clothing store in northern British Columbia, Canada and have been using Retail Pro for 5 years now. We have always been very satisfied with its ease of use, intuitiveness and overall user friendliness. Their techs have been responsive, available for consult every time I've had to call. They've always fixed or helped develop reports tailored to our needs. I tested many many different POS software programs before finally deciding on Retail Pro from our Canadian Vendor; Canadian Retail Solutions. Implementation was as painless as using a brand new software could ever be! I would recommend Retail Pro to any retailer, big or small.

• Reviewed on 27/9/2013
Jonathan w. W.
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2013

Comments: We are a retailer that has been utilizing Retail Pro for over 15 years. We utilize Retail Pro in every facet of our business: from Online to our Retail Store.
Reporting, Inventory Management, Point of Sale and integration into our A/P & A/R are all essential functions, and Retail Pro makes them efficient for our business
The reporting, details, and back-end support are extremely important when we are running a business 24/7.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2013
Carol E.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2017

"Learning something new"

Comments: It's easy to use, support was great and I felt comfortable

• Reviewed on 12/3/2017
Vahid M.
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2014

"Excellent in quality"

Pros: They offer excellent service and a quality product.

Cons: There is nothing that I do not like about about the product and vendor.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2014
Daniel B.
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2014

"Retail Pro gives us a competitive edge!"

Pros: Our operation is very seasonal, and we gear up from 0 to 100 in a short amount of time. The accuracy the system delivers for inventory management gives us the confidence to make rapid decisions that impact our bottom line. We especially appreciate the level of support that we receive. That level of trust in the product and support is important for us since we have such a narrow window for our business.

Cons: No software is perfect. However, our experience with Retail Pro has been significantly better then our previous vendor. Our least favorite thing about the software is how it behaves with our unique discount structure. However, we have found ways to make it fit our operation.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2014
Jorge U.
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2014

"Retail Pro's many features"

Pros: The best part about Retail Pro is the user interface with the touch screen capabilities for our stores. It gives sales personnel the ease of access and a touch screen that is fluid and fast to use. I also like the ability to change the layout to any way we may need throughout the scope of our stores. The best part I like about retail pro is our vendor, BHD; they are the best Retail Pro support team in North America, hands down! They are friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable on how it works and what features are best to implement for your business.

Cons: The reporting features can be a bit confusing, but with the right support from your retail partner and trainers, these all can be modified to do pretty much anything you need to report with ease. Receipt layout can be a bit challenging, but it gets easier with time as you use it more.

Benjamin J.
web developer
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/6/2017

"Unbelievably terrible"

Comments: Nothing. I loathe this software and I wish its developers absolutely nothing but the worst.

Pros: I guess it technically runs. Beyond the fact that it's easier than using a pen and paper to keep track of products, there is nothing I like about this software.

Cons: It is disorganized, inefficient, difficult to use, has memory leaks, no database support, closed-source and expensive to upgrade, bizarrely laid out, and just overall a pain to use on a day-to-day basis.

by Retail Pro International on 29/6/2017

Hello Benjamin. We¿re sad to hear you aren¿t getting to experience the best of Retail Pro. Are you on a very outdated version of Retail Pro software? Please contact us at [email protected] and let¿s see what we can do to get your problem resolved.

• Reviewed on 16/6/2017
Jacob P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2014

"Enterprise power for small businesses"

Pros: The software is packed with features that I have yet to find in other software on the market, including multiple ways of handling employee compensation (eg.-SPIFs, different commissions for different employees), fully customized screen layouts, and most importantly the ability to do quick mass edits using the CTRL+F2 function on the inventory grid.

Cons: Sometimes the software can slow down when too many users are logged in at once.

Lawrence A.
Business Center Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/1/2019

"Hassle Free"

Pros: I like how i can customize almost anything on my business through Retail Pro, they give me options to improve my business even more.

Cons: There are no major issues on this software. It performs pretty well as far as i am using it. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed on 29/1/2019
Bill G.
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2014

"Retail Pro with Big Hairy Dog"

Pros: Retail Pro Version 8 - flexibility in the product mix we sell; by the item, weight, or volume discounts. Big Hairy Dog - response time is great! Things are going to happen, and when it does, we know that our support team at BHD will respond and get us back on track, day or night!

Cons: The issues that seem to limit reporting capabilities are addressed in the upcoming upgrade version.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2014
Loren M.
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2014

"I have been using Retail Pro since 1991"

Pros: Retail Pro continues to be updated with time. My vendor, BHD Information Systems, is proactive about their customers being happy with Retail Pro.

Cons: Some basic features could be easier to use (e.g.-Sales Orders/Gift Cards).

• Reviewed on 15/3/2014
Randolph U.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 13/6/2014

"Retail Pro v9"

Pros: I find it very user-friendly and very visual with the layout. The vendor always responds to questions and is always willing to help.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of currently. The product is very easy to use, and the vendor is always there to support and provide whatever is needed.

• Reviewed on 13/6/2014
Diana P.
  • Reviewed on 11/9/2014

"Cop-copine"

Pros: It's user friendly system with very helpful IT support.

Cons: I don't have any complaints. For the most part, it satisfies our essential needs.

• Reviewed on 11/9/2014
Jack O.
Sporting Goods
  • Reviewed on 29/9/2014

"Retail Pro 9 & JD Associates Leominster, MA"

Pros: Retail Pro is a easy to use. The vendor, JDA, is responsive when we have a question.

Cons: The software does not have a process module for manufacturing or changing the product for resale. There are no issues with the vendor.

• Reviewed on 29/9/2014
Brian W.
Sporting Goods
  • Reviewed on 11/3/2014

"I'm a managing partner and CIO."

Pros: It does 90% of everything we want & need. Frankly, that other 10% is probably unrealistic without custom programming. We get awesome tech support when needed, and I especially love the live chat feature that lets us ask quick questions. The product is very quick and easy to train an employee on and setting up levels of permission is awesome. We're able to delegate job duties easily with the different features. Receiving is a perfect example. That workstation is set up to be used completely differently than our cash registers. For example, we have three cash registers our of eight total machines running Retail Pro. Each has a unique function, and the software works well in supporting those varied functions simultaneously.

Cons: Some of the more intricate details of the software take quite a while to learn. It's easy for an average sales associate to use the main functions, but some of the higher level features get complex. The software can be "quirky" with some old features that were added on to, so there are features that are not intuitive. An example is polling: some things happen automatically and others require initialization. Like every time we add an employee to the system, it's a process to get them into other locations and requires higher-level knowledge.

• Reviewed on 11/3/2014
Mohamed R.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2018

"i'm working with retail pro since 2013, it was wonderful experience."

Comments: i got the knowledge that gave me the chance to implement and support our customer in the market, very important thing is that i learned how business operate with one of the biggest retail solution ever

Pros: very powerful inventory management solution, full of function and features. the second thing is the scalability and durability the solution can support large number of stores & POSs in one big database "oracle database".

Cons: it takes much time to recover database especially in the main server, 2nd thing when upgrade from old release to a new one with large number of stores and POSs.

• Reviewed on 14/4/2018
Urmi P.
  • Reviewed on 9/6/2014

"Solid Retail Pro User"

Pros: Retail Pro provides a great POS system that allows me to track down inventory in my store and also lets me see instantly what other stores have in stock in case a customer is looking for something I am out of. One Step Retail has provided great support to all of our stores, including the installations for our new stores.

Cons: I wish there was a way of detecting when someone does not have enough funds on a prepaid credit card, because we get a lot of tourists in our stores. Sometimes there are a few glitches with the system, but our support is always quick about getting back to me.

• Reviewed on 9/6/2014