15 years helping Irish businesses

Remote Utilities Reviews

About Remote Utilities

Remote Utilities provides secure, customizable remote access between PCs, Macs, and Linux. Operate various OS with ease.

Learn more about Remote Utilities

Pros:

Cons:

Doesn't work with Ubuntu Server. RU is difficult to set up for starters.

Remote Utilities ratings

4.7
4.3
4.8
4.8

9.5/10

Remote Utilities has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 18 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Remote Utilities before?

Ígor
Ígor
Consultor independiente SQL in Venezuela

One of the best remote support softwares, full of useful add-ons

Comments: It allowed me to work from home with the small business that I have in my mother's house that is in another city, because by this means we can work together on the same PC and see together our administration and HR software, live chat and even record the work session

Pros:

We know what we are looking for in remote support software but "Remote Utilities" offers a wide range of options that highlight it over others, such as: + possibility to record in video the entire remote session + possibility to manage which type of session to use according to the quality or speed of the internet connection (even lower the video quality to 2bits or in black and white) + different modes of connection, from total control, only see, control of the windows registry, tasks and services, inventory manager (see features of the pc only, that is, the session will only bring this information and nothing else) + the so required drag and drop function to access the clipboard in a simple and easy way

Cons:

to be so complete I only saw a fault and that is that the installer comes separately, one for who will make the connection and another for who will receive it, although this allows to maintain a scheme of "support-end user" can become cumbersome to install and configure for an inexperienced end user.

Thank you, Igor!

scott
Radio Station President in Australia
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Very Satisfied Customer

Comments: It's made a huge difference to our operation at a minimal cost.

Pros:

For US$99 for a lifetime licence this software is extremely beneficial. Probably repaid my saved travel costs in the first couple of months. Has added a few layers of convenience and flexibility to our operation.

Cons:

the User Interface is very basic in terns of graphics display but that also means it's easy and uncluttered.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review!

Caroline
Controller in Canada
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

New user good so far

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Good so far! Looking forward to using more options

Pros:

Reliable, easy to navigate, great options

Cons:

Nothing to mention yet, new user, haven't run into issues so far

Arthur
PRESIDENT, CEO in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Last Hope for Linking Older OS

Pros:

Remote Utilities is now, from my research, the only remote app that accomodates users of older operating systems. I downloaded all of them, and they all warned, that their program does not support the OS I am still using. I desktops with Windows 11, but need to maintain files and programs using the Microsoft Vista OS. ONLY Remote Utilities has supported users like me.

Cons:

I believe the purchase price is a high for the nature of the program, but, since I need the features, I paid the price.

9 months ago

Thank you for your review ! We really appreciate it.

Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Frankly, it just can't get much better than this!

Comments: Close to perfect!

Pros:

Remote Utilities does it all! With playing around with many remote access maintenance apps for years I finally found the perfect solution to my support needs. My last solution was VNC but looking at the logs I realized that VNC was under constant hacking attempts. Remote Utilities is very secure and full-featured and flawless in its operation...

Cons:

The only down side I have seen is when a customer who is a complete computer novice tries to install the software. The ID# is sometimes hard for them to find.

5 years ago

Thank you, John! We will do our best to further improve Remote Utilities and add more exciting features.

Stephanie
Office manager in US

SO EASY!

Pros:

We have two offices and this program helps us easily remote to each office whether we're closed or during an emergency such a big snow storm

Cons:

Requires to have very fast internet connection. One of our offices is in an area where the internet connection is very slow so at times it tends to freeze

6 years ago

Thank you for the review, Stephanie! As for the fast connection requirement - in the upcoming version 6.9 we are implementing some measures to significantly improve performance on slow Internet connections, so it should work much better from that version on.

Rod
Accountant (temporary) in Canada

I love this program for accessing my work computer from home.

Comments: Allows me to work from home connecting to office computer.

Pros:

It's extremely easy to install and configure. The instructions are very easy to understand. I just use basic features so cannot comment on the other areas of the program. I use it almost daily to connect to my work computer at night from home. I first used it a few years ago as an alternative to another VPN system that wasn't working for me. I am using the free version.

Thank you, Rod!

IT Admin in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

I use Remote Utilities to support a client that I can't add to my main remote viewer software.

Comments: It is an incredibly good value for up to 10 clients considering the cost (free!) Further, I can use this product along with another remote viewer that is already installed on the computers accessed, and there is no conflict.

Pros:

I can't believe this is free for up to 10 remote client endpoints. It is an excellent application that allows for full control of the clients, and also gives me access to a Windows Task Manager locally so that I perform a ton of IT support functions - something that one of the big remote applications don't do at all. It also offers a very uncrowded interface, but lots of the options are easily accessible with a right-mouse click. The only reason it is not my main remote viewer is that I already have a paid subscription through another remote viewing application. It really is an excellent product that I have not had any complaints with in working on my clients computers.

Cons:

I can't really think of any cons. They could maybe make their control panel a little more intuitive from first glance, and also update the look a little more. Their cost for the paid plans seems a little more in line (pricey) with the big guys of the remote viewers but is still cheaper for the number of clients you can have.

6 years ago

Thank you very much! We will do our best to add even more features and improvements soon.

Eric
CPA in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Remote Utilities was a great find to meet my business needs with remote access.

Comments: Able to log into client's computers at an affordable price.

Pros:

I love the ease of logging on to client's computers and being able to perform tasks with excellent speed. For slower computers, I can customize options to help speed up the connection.

Cons:

Sometimes the installation and upgrading can be daunting but with each upgrade, they get better at making the process less complicated. Also, sometimes, I feel like I'm not getting the best speeds because I don't understand some of the technical jargon with some of the features.

7 years ago

Thank you, Eric! Indeed our Simple Update feature is improving with each release, because it has been introduced relatively recently. We'll continue to improve it and of course we'll be adding more great features soon.

Sean
Sean
Labour Hire Employee in Australia
, 11–50 Employees

Great value for money remote management software

Comments: Being able to offer my customers a remote support solution for minimal to no cost as a startup business, until I can afford a more expensive solution with better feature sets. I can still offer the features of the big guys for little to no additional cost to my business.

Pros:

Free option for startups for supporting up to 5 computers that are stored in the remote client. This is a great product for startup computer repair companies or used on a small business network. Has a great feature set, and love being able to package up the remote endpoint with my own white labelling.

Cons:

Some instabilities, and dropouts. often find it re-connecting. A scale feature to match the connection speed would be handy that changes the quality of the view based on connection speed.

6 years ago

Thank you for the review! Regarding the instabilities - in version 6.9 we implemented some fixes that should improve connection performance. Regarding auto-adjusting the quality, this feature is also in development and will be available in the future updates.

Muhamad Yusman
Assistant Manager in Malaysia
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Good for monitor and controll other PC

Comments: It is a very use full apps since i can operate other PC remotely. It is not only for office use but also for parents who want to monitor their children computer activities.

Pros:

This small apps is easy to install and use. Very suitable for various networking type such as home, small office and enterprises. It has almost complete feature that you need such as remote desktop, file transfer, keyboard/mouse lock and even shutdown/restart the remote PC.

Cons:

It only allow a few remote PC for a trial version.

last year

Dear Muhamad, thank you for your review! Much appreciated.

Derek
Mr. in Canada
, 11–50 Employees

Remote Utilities is very functional, but not as clean and organized as some

Comments: Doesn't have many costs, no financial costs
It is very functional in many ways

Pros:

It is simple and fast, usually You can do more than remote control: view, execute, view taskmgr, transfer files RU Viewer saves all the devices in a directory, allowing fast connections

Cons:

Not very clean and organized in some ways. The viewer software is listed in Windows programs and "Viewer", the host as "Start Host" and "Stop Host". The host GUI is not as user-friendly as it is functional The clipboard is not automatically synced when controlling a computer.

7 years ago

Thank you, Derek! Regarding the Host GUI - we are indeed planning to revamp it very soon. The settings/options windows will be redesigned and optimized for better usability.

Randall
Founder in US
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

I can already connect to computers within my house without hassle. The ease of setup is amazing.

Comments: Easy remote access and management to help anyone who needs it.

Pros:

Easy to set up, No hassle to use, Multiple functions for controlling, Lock Mouse and Keyboard, Blackout Desktop Background, Chat Availability, Completely Free, File Transfer, Message Sending, Remote Terminal, Remote Task Manager, RDP, View or Full Control, Remote Power Control

Cons:

Only works for Windows without needing Wine, Doesn't work with Ubuntu Server, RU is difficult to set up for starters.

7 years ago

Thank you for your review, Randall! Yes, so far RU is only available for Windows (as of August 2017). We are working on adding Mac support soon, and in the future we are also going to add full-fledged Linux support.

Dan
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I am not tech savvy

Pros:

This was extremely easy to set up. It is the perfect remote in solution for small businesses, because it is free for the first 10 endpoints. We didn't have any hiccups getting this installed and running. It worked exacly as you would expect.

Cons:

It feels a bit old thoughout the UI, but don't think for a second that it's outdated. This thing is packed with the features you would need to access other computers, servers remotely.

6 years ago

Thank you for your review!

Erica
Freelance in Israel

Remote Utilities

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Ease of use / functionality/ free for small users / good documentation

Cons:

None that I can see so far. It meets my needs.

nelson cesar
Soporte TI in Peru
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

experiencia de usar Soft. Remote Utilities

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: facil de usar con una interfaf muy sencillo en consola de control remoto para controlar otros ordenadores

Pros:

su interfaf muy amigable y sencillo de usar para control remoto e instalacion de clientes en cada ordenador, como Soft. de administraccion

Cons:

para descargar y buscar software, todo debe de estar junto con procedimiento y no separado

Misael
Lic. Informatica in Mexico
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Muy buena aplicacion

5.0 last month New

Pros:

La versatilidad de cosas que se pueden hacer en el

Cons:

El idioma, pero no es tan grave, de cualquier forma

dietmar
admin in Austria
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

alles bestens

4.0 5 days ago New

Pros:

alles, einfache installation , benutzerfreundlich

Cons:

wake-up nicht möglich, es waren einige unterbrechungen