15 years helping Irish businesses

About Ora

Unlock Efficiency with Ora: Where Project Management Meets Instant Team Chat for Unmatched Collaboration and Tailored Task Tracking.

Learn more about Ora

Pros:

It has helped us to achieve our goals and meet our deadlines. Ora has been easy to use for everybody in the company.

Cons:

More of a user error, but if I leave it running and forget about it, I have a long time period and I have to go back and fix the time, sometimes fixing the time isn't super intuitive.

Ora ratings

4.6
4.5
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Ora has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 146 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ora before?

Alexandro
Alexandro
Owner in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

The most complete solution out there to manage everything

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Extremely happy with it. It's been more than 3 years using it and we can't imagine working without it.

Pros:

It's such a powerful tool, it has almost everything I could think of to take care of my company, projects, and clients. And I say almost because, ofc, some things like invoices are being done with other apps, but ORA wasn't designed for that. It's really easy to work together with your team using ORA, has everything you need, including conferencing tools (ditch Zoom), calendar, deadlines, projects, attachments in the tasks or projects... I find it extremely useful to work on big projects, or things with a lot of small details, not loosing track.

Cons:

When the tasks/cards has a lot of information and comments, it can get laggy. Also, deadlines from small tasks inside other tasks don't appear in the calendar, and that's a small problem for us.

Josh
Creative Director in Canada

Ora Keeps Your Projects on Track

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love Ora, and after trying numerous project management tools, I hope to stick with Ora for a long time. I can't even start a new project in my business without planning it in Ora first.

Pros:

I love almost everything about Ora. I especially like how you can customize so much in the platform. You can change the look of boards, the colour scheme, and narrow down your focus. It's great for staying on brand when working with clients. Plus, I can turn on or off specific settings to de-clutter my workspace.

Cons:

I have tried numerous PM tools, but I always come back to Ora. The only thing they could improve is the support time, but even this is getting better. And they always give me quality support.

Rasmus
Producer in Sweden
Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

Underdeveloped but with great potential

3.0 last month New

Pros:

An affordable task management system with many great features.

Cons:

Underdeveloped and buggy. Developers prioritize new features over ensuring basic functionality, which is crucial. Fundamental improvements are necessary for the software to gain trust from businesses and organizations. Additionally, frequent layout changes cause confusion with each update.

Eugene
Operations Director in Ukraine
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

A product that finds the sweet spot between Trello and Jira

5.0 last month New

Comments: We are happy with it. I really think it offers a great compromise between features and functionality and it manages to run fast all the time.

Pros:

First and foremost: the speed. Everything runs quickly and without errors, unlike some competing products. We also like the layout for the kanban board and it's easy to add some automation to improve our processes. It was also convenient to migrate all departments to as it is easy to set up and work with.

Cons:

The lack of a dedicated Linux app packaged as an AppImage or DEB for Ubuntu/Debian. Lack of task priority as a built-in option (We created a custom field for it) Importing all our tasks from JIRA wasn't perfect with many tasks not having crucial information and attachments while being referenced in the logs for the tasks.

Anthony
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Ora is the best Project Management tool out there

5.0 last month New

Comments: Ora has been great. I keep track of all my projects across all aspects of my life in Ora and I'm able to manage a huge amount of work and tasks in a system that is easy to use and easy to navigate. In other project management software solutions I have had to incorporate tons of work arounds and compromises to get it the way I wanted, and I still had things falling through the cracks or getting lost in the layers – but not with Ora. Ora solved all of that. I just hope Ora doesn't go anywhere ever, because I rely on it so heavily to keep my life in order.

Pros:

Ora is so simple to use, and so comprehensive in it's features, I was able to remove at least 3 or 4 other software solutions from my workflow and consolidate everything into one solution that met all my needs.

Cons:

I have not had one single thing to complain about. There have been two times that I needed to contact support to fix a problem, but the problem was a glitch that was out of the ordinary and they were able to fix it for me in a short amount of time.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Co-Founder in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

An Overlooked Diamond

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how many features are baked into Ora. Chat, project and task management, great automations, time tracking - there's a lot there. My favorites are column actions in kanban and add task via email - these two alone have streamlined our processes and saved so much time!

Cons:

There are some feature requests that have been in the 'requested' or even the 'planned' column for too long. Ora does update regularly - this is by no means abandonware - but I'm sure they're just tackling the most impactful and/or most requested features first (versus the ones I personally want to see).

Jorge
Project Manager in Portugal
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Good, but could be great

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall we enjoy using it even though we're disappointed with the chat. The lack of a documentation feature is also a downside but we know it is on the roadmap and, for the time being at least, we're waiting for its implementation.

Pros:

Ease of use, without a steep learning curve. It's easy enough to quickly setup a project and create/assign tasks. Schedulling came pretty handy recently as well.

Cons:

The chat. We were eager to move our company's chat to Ora but we find it to be unreliable. It seems like we don't always get notifications and the Huddles seem even less reliable. Whenever we tried to Huddle, we were never able to get everyone seeing/hearing each other, there were always someone who couldn't see/hear some other members.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Perfect to manage projects and tracking team time

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It's a great experience, using for my company for years now.
Team size of 15 people and still great and managable.

Pros:

Easy to use. Just start creating some kan-ban projects, add some tasks and you are good to go. It's possible to extract reports per user, team, project and a lot of filters. Really good to keep projects on track.

Cons:

Template for Workflows are not dynamic: you can create once and use. But if you need to change the Template, you have to create a new one.

Guilherme
Product Designer in Brazil
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

A wonderful project that requires polish

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, a very positive experience, a very interesting product that I want to see how it will mature in the future.

Pros:

Ora has a simple look to it, it is quite interesting how it is able to differentiate itself from other products by just being simpler.

Cons:

Bugs and bad UX. It is easy to encounter bugs while using ora and that is definitely not good. Regarding UX, there are some cases where you click a button and what you expect does not happen. I could tell a bunch of examples, but I believe it is not needed here. If you wish you can contact me, I will gladly help. I truly like the product and I wish it the best.

Game changer!

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been a fantastic experience across the board.

Pros:

Ora is amazing for task management for our small business. With it, we are able to track multiple clients and various projects across each of them. Their time tracking is what we base our pay on.

Cons:

I really like Ora, and do not have negatives to share.

Jay
CEO in Canada
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely A Must Have

Comments: The product is beautiful, responsive, easy to use and it has A TON of great features. Also the support team is super friendly and I have always gotten responses within a few minutes.

Pros:

Are you considering other apps for your software development company's process management? Well, STOP! Ora is the best thing out there - period. I've been programming for over 2 decades and using various different software utilities to manage my teams, my own projects and more and Ora is by far the best platform out there today. I HIGHLY recommend you give it a go!

Cons:

Literally nothing! I used to want their API but their responsive team has recently released it and oh man is it ever great!

Luca
CTO in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Powerful tool

Comments: We use ora as a Kanban board to monitor our processes and also as a mean to measure the time spent for specific tasks.

Pros:

It has plenty of features and continuous updates to keep it stable, making it suitable for a number of applications. The UI is really nice, several reports are available and you can track the time spent on each card

Cons:

Sometimes I experienced an unexpected behaviour on Microsoft Edge, so I switched to another browser

Alain
Student in Switzerland
Computer Software, Self Employed

Student review

Comments: Great

Pros:

This a good alternative to Jira, and like it way more than Trello

Cons:

It is not rare to have a few problems like null pointers or stuff like that in the code and jeopardize the work. Also, the time tracking system is create, but the view to add an entry is T E R R I B L E, sorry for that :P but as the Mac calendar for example, it would be better to let the user and the values before changing the others back and forth and just give a feedback if the "form" is valid and also, if you want to fix something, usually, the end of the tracking time should be right now as we will enter a task we just completed (Like when changing the time with the slider).

Dunia
Content creator in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Ora, the little-known tool for project management

Comments: Ora is a cloud-based, next-generation project management and collaboration software platform powered by intelligent workflows. With Ora, you can easily organize and communicate all your projects, tasks and ideas. Ora is a simple, visual and easy-to-use project management software that makes work feel effortless.
Its mobile application lacks the power of its competitors, but in the future it will surely gain in features. I recommend those looking for a new project manager to give Ora 3 a try.

Pros:

Ora has an aesthetically appealing interface that is at the same time easy to use. With the new version, Ora 3, advanced functionalities are added that make Ora an all-in-one tool for project management. Ora 3 now includes live chat, video calls and voice messaging.

Cons:

Occasionally I have experienced problems loading my files. Suddenly my files disappear and I have to reload the page to see them again.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

This is the best PM tool I've used!!

Pros:

It allows me to sync tasks to my calendar. There are lots of different settings and features that I can turn on like time tracking and creating milestones that are super helpful. It keeps me organized and I LOVE IT!

Cons:

I think the only thing I could consider a con is that they don't have a mobile app available yet, but it's in the works.

Iliyan
Iliyan
Founder & Lead Android Developer in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive Trello on steroids - powerful as Jira simple to use as Trello

Comments: Flawless, intuitive and the best value for money in the market. I've used to work with Jira and Trello in the past but our team was totally reborned after switching to Ora!

Pros:

The design and UX are flawless while combining everything a software & product development team needs for a managing own projects and working with clients. What I love most about is the simple Time-Tracking (play/pause) and the detail reports that you can deliver to clients in minutes...

Cons:

There's some functionality that I don't use but still can access from the board - the Agenda Scheduling & Time-line. It may be good for handling longer projects and resource manager but I personally don't need it.

Laurence
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best project management, collaboration, and communication app!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like the flexibility in customizing the layout, ease of access to various parts of the app including group chat, task creation and assignment, time tracking, scheduling and reporting. It's like having zoom, band camp, trello, slack, Monday, and others all wrapped into one powerful app.

Cons:

There was a commitment to adding invoicing functionality that has not yet been realized.

Harry
President in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Best Project Management Software and getting better

Comments: This is a continual learning process for me. Prior to this, I used to-do programs for project tasks and it wasn't effective at all. Ora brings it all together is a project management tool, versus just to-do lists. There's a lot to learn and I need to spend the time to learn all of its features. I still use Microsoft project for Work Breakdown Structures (Gantt chart) but that's about it. Otherwise, I'm using Ora to manage my projects.

Pros:

this software has all the features and functionality needed for project management. They recently added a timeline feature which is helpful. The best feature for me is the time tracking. I can track time easily for each task and project. It has many configurations and I'm in the process of creating templates to reuse for similar projects which will be extremely helpful.

Cons:

Navigation or ease of use. It's not exactly intuitive to use. I spent a bit of time learning how to find the functionality that I need. It's there, I just have to search for it.

Razvan
Razvan
Founder & CEO in Romania
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A nice project management software

Comments: I am pretty happy I moved to Ora because of the functionalities.

Pros:

I have moved from Trello to Ora. I still miss a few features that Trello had, but overall it has more and the user interface is better.

Cons:

It still doesn't have an android app and it has been so long that they have announced they will build it.

Lincoln
Lincoln
Co-founder & Comercial in Brazil

We use Ora to keep tracking on what we work on. We charge clients based on it, so its very important

Comments: Organization and time tracking is the main function of Ora.
Jobs and tasks can be organized in Kanban cards for teams, is perfect! The basic functionality already worth the tool, but there are much more, like checklists, milestones, etc.

Pros:

Ora has a beautiful interface and the team keep updating this tool always! Sometimes I can see an alert telling me about somenthing new! Kanban/cards organization is really useful and helps to keep the project flow. I love the 'checklist' option inside one task, it helps a lot!

Cons:

The functionality of adding extra time is a little bit confused and buggy, but I guess it's already on their roadmap! :)

Imran
Director in UK

Veey pleased

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Simple to use - easy to assign tasks to members

Cons:

none really - very pleased with it so no complaints

Devon
Admin Extraordinaire in South Africa
Design, 2–10 Employees

Ora review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Great task management system, simple but effect.

Cons:

Because it is "newer" it does seem to have more bugs that need to get worked out but the team is very responsive when you report them.

Nikki
Nikki
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A Project Management Tool that Checked All My Boxes

Comments: Ora has really helped me stay organized. Which is sortof funny, because I am an organized person by nature. But, now that I'm a solopreneur with a lot of projects going on, a tool like Ora is helping me keep my sanity. Because I can organize all my projects and tasks here, I feel I am being more productive with my work time.

Pros:

Set up was very intuitive. I really appreciate the pre-made templates that come with it. They provided great ideas for how to setup my own projects. The time tracker has been a big plus for me, as well as the ability to report tracked time. The repeating tasks are very useful as well.

Cons:

There is currently no phone app for this product. It is pending though, so, if that is done right, this tool will get full stars from me. The repeating tasks are not created right after the initial task completion, but on the day they are set to repeat. This took some getting used to, but I guess it works ok. Just not what I'm used to from other task applications.

Matthew
Digital Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Perfect except for...

Comments: It's one of my favorite PM tools, but the lack of invoicing and the false advertising of it "coming soon" has forced me to look elsewhere for a solution.

Pros:

Ora is probably the best project management tool for software development that I could ever imagine. It is so powerful, has the best UX out of any PM software I've used and is light and fast. The ability to add and remove any modules you need for a project is great so that it's not feature bloated for something simple.

Cons:

The one major con, for me personally, is the fact that invoicing has been a "coming soon" feature for far too long with seemingly no end in sight, which is sad because it's in the menus, but is useless as there's no functionality for it and when reaching out to support, it doesn't sound like it's coming any time soon, so it's misleading. I really need that functionality and without it, I have been forced to shelf Ora even though it's my favorite to use.

Codemotion Response

4 years ago

Hey Matthew, Thank you for the review! We have removed this setting from the app. We have planned to do the Invoicing in Q1 of 2020. Write to our mail and we will send you designs for this feature. Best, Nikolay

Karen
Karen
Owner/Designer in US

Ora First Year User

Pros:

I really like how you are able to set up a project and keep track of the time you spend on the project. I like that you can assign tasks to others.

Cons:

I don't think the product is very easy to use. I feel like it has so much potential and I am not utilizing all of the different things it can do because I am not clear on how to set it up properly.