15 years helping Irish businesses

pCloud Business Reviews

About pCloud Business

Web-based storage solution with secure data transfer and iron-clad encryption that keeps your documents safe.

Learn more about pCloud Business

Pros:

There's actually a lifetime option for the service so I can pay once and use it forever. And it doesn't hurt that it's easy to use and fast.

Cons:

The down time is often inconvenient and the navigation is slower than competitors.

pCloud Business ratings

4.6
4.2
4.3
4.4

8.3/10

pCloud Business has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 178 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used pCloud Business before?

Dnyanoba
Dnyanoba
Deputy Manager in India
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

pCloud for cloud data management

Comments: Till now we have the best experience with pCloud as it is managing our company data very efficiently and maintaining the confidentiality.

Pros:

Large files can also be uploaded to pcloud, also we can open multimedia files in pcloud as pcloud have inbuilt multimedia players.

Cons:

Speed to data transfer, upload, download and access is some what slow if we compare it with its competitors.

last year

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review pCloud. We are glad to hear that you find our service easy to use and that our support team has been helpful. We appreciate your feedback about transfer speed and will take it into consideration as we continue to make improvements. We are thrilled to hear that pCloud has been able to efficiently manage your company's data and maintain confidentiality. We are committed to providing a secure and reliable cloud storage solution at an affordable cost. Thank you for choosing pCloud as your cloud storage provider and for your trust. Best, pCloud

Brent
CEO in US
Design, Self Employed

It's really great to use!

Comments: Overall it was a good experience. I just wish that the database was backed up properly. We had multiple copies and file versions due to the issues we experienced, but overall it was good to see what we can do with it. You can backup most of your files; but don't backup your quickbooks, or other programs that use a database. The syncing part can cause issues when you access those programs and create duplicate files.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to organize users, and files on the drive and in the cloud. The system makes it easy to hide and setup your users.

Cons:

It was harder to give some users more access to subfolders that others weren't supposed to have access to that were in the same group. Could use some tweaking there. I also did not like that all the users had their own storage. I want to be able to access everyone's files, as the administrator.

9 months ago

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with pCloud Business. We're pleased to hear that you find it great to use and appreciate its organizational features. Your feedback about user access to subfolders within the same group is noted, and we're constantly working to improve our platform, so we'll take your input into account for future updates. We understand your concerns about database backups and the potential for issues with certain programs. Our support team is here to help with any questions or challenges you encounter, so please feel free to reach out if you need assistance in the future. Thank you for choosing pCloud Business, and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us enhance our services. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Best regards, pCloud

Nikhil
developer in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to use, quite easy to configure, great to use on several systems.

Comments: Having tried several cloud systems before for uploading my stuff, I found pCloud very easy and comfortable to use and will use it for the time to come or until it folds - which I hope, never happens. By the way, I am a free user, having granted the 50 GB during an introduction campaign of the service, I also like the social media backup feature. With Facebook, for instance, I was able to immediately connect it to pCloud without any issues and is backing up some or all of my albums rather smoothly. It even kept the folder structure intact by categorizing all my Facebook images in their respective directories, PCloud is a cloud storage program for all those who are looking for a comprehensive storing solution. The easy-to-use interface provides the user with all the brilliant multi-tasking features for business as well as personal use. PCloud headquarters are in Switzerland, and the advance thinking team of pCloud will provide best solutions according to the growing market, All in all, free cloud storage can certainly benefit the casual user. Those who need to store large files and perform serious backups should consider the paid route.

Pros:

Option to enable automatic photo/video uploads from the mobile app, Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux and Free!Up to 20 GB of free storage, Can search through all your files from the website and mobile app, Easy to use, just does not do the job. Concept and format are good, operationally flat out bad. Look elsewhere, Option to enable automatic photo/video uploads from the mobile app.

Cons:

Limited support options, Encryption costs extra, The synchronization can be very slow on the computer and it happened that my PC froze because of the sync, Can not password protect shared files/folders, RANDOM Speeds on download, Hard to sometimes get hold of Customer Services on the phone but they respond to emails straight away.

6 years ago

Hello Nikhil, than you very much for the time taken to post you review for our product. We really value your oppenion and we will do our best to improve the service in order to even better fit your needs. There are few remarks, which I would like to outline. The encryption of the files is not at an additional cost. Each file, uloaded to pCloud is getting encrypted on the server side. The cost comes to those who would like a millitary level of file security. pCloud Crypto offers client side encryption, which means the files are uploaded to our servers already encrypted and the keys are stored on your end. The second thing I would like to outline, is that we do offer the option to password protect your shares. When you create a download link for a file or folder, you have the option to set a password for it. More information can always be found in our FAQ section: https://www.pcloud.com/help/general-help-center/

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

A good security and storage application

Comments: It is a good solution, we tried it. Really work on security but had some issues.

Pros:

This solution has great sync capabilities, we like their public link sharing, it is very secure allowing to encrypt files. We loved their UI because it looks very clean and is easy to use.

Cons:

One of the issues with this solution is that sometimes it runs slow, in another times uploading of big files fails completely, and we did not like the fact we need to pay extra fr encryption.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of pCloud! We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our team. We are constantly working on improving our product and your suggestions will help us do that. Please note that pCloud Business comes with pCloud Encryption. All other accounts are server-side encrypted and offer client-side encryption as an add-on. Regarding uploading of big files, we recommend using Sync/Backup features instead of Drag and Drop, Copy/Paste or Upload via the Web app. pCloud does not limit the file size or the upload speed anyhow. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Best, pCloud

Richard
Richard
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Impressive storage and backup!

Comments: I had a great experience the first year on their monthly/annual plan, I like it so much I purchased the Lifetime deal and have zero regrets.

Pros:

Pcloud is super easy to use and set up. It is very economical if you want a monthly or annual subscription. However, they also offer a one-time lifetime deal at the time of this review. Which basically pays for itself in the first year of use.

Cons:

I had an error of the drive on my machine but customer service trouble shot my issue and resolved it pretty fast and easy.

Ninos
Ninos
Creative Director in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Replaces other cloud storages

Comments: We've moved from other cloud storages to pCloud, even for personal use , especially with that one off payment , it made sense to switch.

Pros:

Fully encrypted data. pricing is fair. (for personal its actually one-time payment which is really attractive deal too) for teams, you can create different access levels (business pcloud) i think the backup is up to 180 days now, (personally only needed a backup that was 30 days old)

Cons:

business plans could use a lower tier for lower prices..

Adam
Adam
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great Dropbox and Gdrive contender

Comments: I've been using pCloud extensively for the past 4 years and it's been a great journey seeing all the improvements they make (like adding Crypto Folder and Backup possibilities).

Pros:

My most favourite feature is the pCloud Drive. It's a virtual drive which lets you work on your PC without taking hard drive space

Cons:

On desktop I'm missing some video speed controls like 0.75x, 1.25x and 1.75x. But luckily Video Speed Controller chrome extension is helping there. On mobile it's even less video options.

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

pCloud Review

Comments: Overall it is good software and I had a great experience with it except for the syncing problem which I have experienced some time but other than that the software is great for what it was designed to do.

Pros:

The ability to share documents with ease and only need a one-time payment instead of a monthly subscription.

Cons:

Syncing can be a problem with pCloud because sometimes the software does not sync very well causing the file to be corrupted.

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Alternative to DropBox and One Drive

Pros:

Simple and effective. It does what it says. Very stable, secure, and easy to use.

Cons:

The upselling to other services is annoying.

Haseeb
Haseeb
CEO in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great for simple storage, but you'll have to pay extra for encryption

Comments: The overall experience so far has been fair. We did face some issues in the beginning but the customer support is good and prompt.

Pros:

The storage space is ample for our use (2 TB) and it gives an option to backup 1 other cloud drive (like Google or Dropbox)

Cons:

Would have loved it if we could backup or even better if we could sync other cloud storages with pCloud. Another con is that if you need high encryption, you'll have to pay extra

Bijay
Bijay
Managing Director in Nepal
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

An affordable Cloud storage!

Pros:

pcloud gives me more storage than google drive and onedrive, I can sync my files from my computer to cloud storage as well as download as many as I want as well as share files between my friends and family. It allows Invite users to shared folders without having to use their usage.

Cons:

The file download is slow sometimes. It is only the downside i have found so far.

Mitch
Owner / Art Director in Canada
Design, 2–10 Employees

best in the Cloud

Comments: we used to use copy.com by Baricudda until they stopped developing it and our remote workflow became dependant on being able to upload files and send download links. When we tried to find an affordable solution with the same functionality pCloud was the only real option. The more we have used it the more it has proven itself to be the clear leader in cloud storage. The amount of functionality and the rock-solid performance with a lifetime subscription has made me stop even looking at what else is available. They also offer encryption.

Pros:

The most important bit for me using pCloud is the ability to email direct download links to files or folders of files. The next favorite feature for me is the ease of navigating the pCloud web app. I can be anywhere and as long as I have my phone with me I can easily dig up a file and email a link to clients or printers. Another selling point for me is being able to drag and drop from my desktop to the web portal directory for uploads. Everything with pCloud has worked as intended from day one. We use it every day and it is an integral part of our office. I also love the stats. You can see the traffic on your links. You send a link to a file and you know if they downloaded the file. Great. Also, they have recently added the ability to brand your download links with your logo - fantastic.

Cons:

My main "con" with pCloud would take a lot to fix. I would love it if you could drag and drop to move files within the directories in the web portal but that would be a huge undertaking and is not worth the effort. For a long while the desktop app crashed anytime we tried to connect (Windows 10) but it was eventually updated and has been working solidly again, though we are more wary of it now and do not rely on it as much.

Goma
Supervisor in Nepal
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

A perfect Alternative to Google Drive

Pros:

Having used Pcloud for over a year now to store and share files online, I have to say that it is one of the best and most affordable cloud storage apps out there. In addition to its user-friendly interface, the software has many features similar to other leading players in the market like Google Drive and One Drive. pcloud is also suitable for businesses as it offers a lot of features that are perfect for collaboration, such as the ability to create groups, set permissions, and create sub-accounts. Overall, I highly recommend pcloud to anyone looking for an excellent file-sharing and cloud storage program.

Cons:

My main complaint about this software is that they are always selling lifetime deals and I wonder whether they will be able to sustain it with such a large user base in the future.

2 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your positive review. We are constantly trying to improve pCloud and your positive feedback validates our approach of achieving this goal! Please be kindly informed that the Lifetime plan is something pCloud takes huge pride for, being the pioneer of this pricing model. The Lifetime plan is a business differentiator, while providing the rapidly growing user base with even more incentives to continue being involved in our community. Subscription- based models are always available and promotions are often marketed, in various forms. However, we take into consideration our customers' desires and the Lifetime plan is considered to be one of the most cost- effective models for them. pCloud has more than 16 million happy users, while being the absolute owner of the entire architecture and service, which includes Data Centers and servers. pCloud is independent of third- party services, cementing sustainability and business continuity. Best reggards, pCloud Team

Ngong
Graphic Design in Cameroon
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Best platform for cloud storage and file sharing

Comments: My usage of pcloud was excellent. pCloud offers a secure, reliable and easy-to-use cloud storage platform with an affordable pricing. It has a good user interface.i was even about to stream videos and music. I could also share files and even access the files on other devices

Pros:

it provides top-level encryption and high transfer speed, regardless of the file size. It additionally helps you keep all your information secured, as it makes backups automatically, and provides up to 30-day file version history.

Cons:

No major problems encountered just that pCloud does not offer a two-factor authentication, which can be a security concern for some users.

last year

Hello, Thank you for choosing to use pCloud, and for taking the time to write such a positive review. We're glad to hear that you have found our platform easy-to-use and that it has met your needs in terms of security and file sharing. Please note that pCloud offers two-factor authentication and you can set it up from the settings of your account. We continuously work on improving our product and we are always looking for ways to make our user experience better and more convenient for all of our users. If you ever have any suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We value your input and would love to continue hearing from you about your experiences with pCloud. Best, pCloud

Kaitlyn
Partner and sales associate in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Reasonably priced, nice software.

Comments: Overall I'm pleased with my experience and I would recommend it to other small business owners who need a low cost but effective software.
However, once you're able to purchase something better or once you need something better, there isn't much incentive to stay with pcloud.
It did serve us well as a cloud storage platform and I enjoyed using it. We did benefit from using it especially when working from home,

Pros:

Well first off the customer service was above and beyond, I was very pleased with my experience. The software is reliable and consistent, easy to use. As far as storage goes it's great and it's such a reasonable price. Navigation is easy and so is file sharing. Simplicity really helps when you're in a hurry and you just want to get the job done and get it done right. I think it's great for small businesses who don't need all the bells and whistles.

Cons:

The most prominent con is the lack of features. There just aren't as many with pcloud as there are with its competitors. Integration and set up weren't that easy and it isn't ideal to use with all operating systems. The interface could be more sleek and modern or just better all around. I would've liked more collaboration tools. I would've liked more encryption and security too.

Linos
Academic in Greece
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Best value for money, best for security

Pros:

pCloud uses AES TLS/SSL 256 bit encryption in its standard plans, which by the way, are a bargain if you get the lifetime offers. Furthermore, they offer a lifetime plan for pCloud Crypto, which is an option to encrypt files saved on their servers. This means even someone with physical access cannot see your files.

Cons:

Lifetime plans offer no upgrade feature. 2TB seems enough now, but it probably won't be in a few decades. Practically, their lifetime plans won't last a lifetime (or 99 years) but you will have to buy a larger plan every 20-30 years or so. I hope in the future, old customers will get new bargains.

Entertainment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customer Service is terrible - functions are half-baked

Comments: The software is very processor heavy and doesn't allocate memory well when syncing. The customer service does not understand what the advanced features of the product do and can't help resolve any issues. I've used the product with some trivial issues that I was able to resolved but once I needed to reach out to customer service, they were unable to proceed. I would advise against this solution if data integrity and accessibility is something your organization requires.

Pros:

For the very basic file storage and syncing, the software is great.

Cons:

Customer support does not understand the issue you are trying to resolve.

Legal Services, Self Employed

Love how pCloud integrates with all of my devices for universal access to files

Comments: I love the ease of access to my files and the additional layer of encryption for my files.

Pros:

I love how easily pCloud integrates with my Windows PC file system, my Chromebook and my phone. It is extremely easy to get to a file just about any time and anywhere I need to. I love that it creates a drive on my PC and that I can access my files just as if they were stored on my computer. I especially love the Crypto option which makes it possible for me to encrypt the files I store in the cloud. If their hacker challenge statements are correct, the encryption works very well. I don't feel like I get this with other services.

Cons:

The Chrome extension never seems to work properly for me. Also didn't like how, on first set-up on my phone, that it started to automatically to back-up photos that I would never have backed up as they were not work related. It seems to me that the user should not have anything like that set up automatically. I was able to go into the settings and change it, but it seems like overstepping to me.

Matthias
Director (Consulting Company) in Germany

It works with Windows, Linux Mint and iOS. That's great.

Pros:

I like most the multi-platform strategy (Windows, Linux, iOS). It's easy to sync current folders for a permanent backup. I also appreciate to sync shared folders.

Cons:

Very bad is, that by restoring any files from the cloud date and time of every file get lost. It will be restored with the date and time of restoring, not with the date and time of the original storage. That makes the app nearly unusable.

7 years ago

Hi Matthias, thank you for your honest review. Have you contacted already our support for that issue, which you had mentioned? I'm pretty sure they'll have an answer/solution for that. I'm wondering if you had any issues with the support or the functionalities, so you rated them that low. Would you like to contact us to discuss it?

Ale
Editor in Argentina
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

get a drive in the cloud!

Pros:

What i love about pcloud is that you can add a drive to your computer make it really easy to use. Pcloud is that service you use everyday but you forget about it, because is so well done - Very well integrate (is like a hard drive) - Very fast - Very useful and handyl!! - Save alot of space, - Keep sync very well on the background - Permition: So you can give access to remote upload or access - Share online Amazing for work with teams and other people

Cons:

Overall is very good, not complain. For my miss 2 things: - an phone app (have 1 but is not so good integrate like the pc vertion) - a wordpress plugin for backup (the current plugin dont work) Also the web interface is fine, but is a really good product cold be way better!

Kamal
Intern in India
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Useful features of pCloud Business

Comments: Overall, It is a powerful cloud storage and collaboration solution that can help streamline file management and collaboration workflows while also ensuring the security of their data.

Pros:

The capacity to store and access large amounts of data without having to worry about running out of space.

Cons:

I wish that the collaboration features, in real-time on non-Google file types, and the ability to view and restore deleted files would be really impressive.

last year

Hello, Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you are enjoying our pCloud Business solution. Our team is constantly working hard to bring new features and improvements to the platform so that we can continue delivering value to our users. Please note that online collaboration is on our roadmap and it will be launched later this year. As for restoring deleted files, you have the feature pCloud Rewind which allows you to restore deleted files and provides a preview of your pCloud account from a certain point in the past. From there, you can restore or download a certain file, folder or your entire pCloud account at once. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it along to our team. Thank you for choosing pCloud as your cloud storage provider! Best, pCloud

Owner in Malaysia
E-Learning, Self Employed

Better Than Dropbox

Comments: Dropbox is overpriced, it's better to use this!

Pros:

I used this to backup my entire hard disk to the cloud. - backup photos on my phone to the cloud - very robust cloud drive that comes with crypto drive that give extra layer of security - ability to share file via your own branded link

Cons:

There was one time the sync with my hard drive mess up and support can't solve it for me. In the end, I have to delete the entire backup and redo the entire syncing from fresh. This is the one & only sour I faced, otherwise this is a great tool!

Manarak
IT manager freelance in France
Computer Software, Self Employed

pCloud is like a local disk, we forget it's cloud !!

Comments: With pCloud, I recovered deleted files in my hard disk.
pCloud saved my business !!

Pros:

pCloud allows you to download files online directly in the cloud, without going through its local hard drive. We copy the URL of the file in the download dialog. The transfer speed is amazing!! pCloud allows me to save my hard disk space locally. With pCloud I share my files directly with my contacts.

Cons:

Desktop synchronization time may take a long time. pCloud requires an internet connection with good speed.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Don't run out of storage

Comments: Using pCloud on a laptop with a small SSD harddrive.
The cloud storage integrated with your harddrive - pCloud mounts a virtual drive in your computer and you can use it as if it was installed locally. This way the small SDD is extended by another 2TB of space...

Pros:

The best thing is that it does not use the storage but keep everything in the cloud. Access of the files is very fast. Another cool feature is the inbuilt encryption. Also, the possibility to rewind the files to a previous date. You can also give access to others for selected folders and files.

Cons:

The desktop app is sometimes slow to start, appears paused.

Don
Don
VP Marketing and Innovation in US

A great app hosting files in the cloud. Especially useful for music.

Pros:

I love that when you share music the link opens up an easy to use media player. I use it for sharing beats and music easily without the recipient having to download it. The search functionality works fine as well. The apps work great and the syncing is almost unstant after uploading a file on any device.

Cons:

The interface isn't the easiest to navigate. I wish there was a better to find files that deep within files within files. It seems I have to start from the main menu every time.