Filter by:

• Overall

About LogMeIn Rescue

Real-time remote control of a customer's computer over the web for help desks, support softwares, IT organizations, and more.

Learn more about LogMeIn Rescue

Eli P.
Centralized ServicesM anager
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2019

"Great Product, But a Bit oo Expensive"

Comments: Overall, I like the product and it gives me piece of mind when connecting to critical client machines, but the price is too high compared to other products to justify a large roll out.

Pros: Logmein works and works well. I use several remote control products and Logmein is the one that I use if I know that keeping the connection is critical. It's especially useful when the user a laptop that doesn't initie the WiFi connection until after login. The product can be configured to cache credentials and login automatically.

Cons: The price is definitely the highest for all the remote control products that I use. I use Logmein sparingly because I only purchased one license. For general day to day use, I use other less expensive products.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise Control, TeamViewer, Take Control and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to LogMeIn Rescue: Logmein just works reliably. When I need to be confident that I don't lose my connection, I use Logmein.

• Reviewed on 14/7/2019
IT System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2018

"Great for remote supoort"

Comments: The software allows us to easily take control and manage our remote referring physicians with a pretty simple secured connection to their office.

Pros: Allows you to easily take control of the remote pc even with multiple monitor setups. I actually prefer some things over the logmein central product but not all. Central has more features but this is preferred for external remote access for us over Central.

Cons: Freezes up sometimes with win 10 computers. I just lose remote functions like mouse control . Also if the remote computer has windows UAC user access control on any popups you will not see remotely which will hinder your access until the user clicks yes or no on their end. Users get popups and do not click all the time to start the remote session or even where to look. I would give it another start if these issues were resolved.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2018
Nathanial R.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/1/2020

"Absolute necessity for our Tech Support office"

Comments: Our Tech Support office has used LMI Rescue for around a decade, and it is one of the most valuable tools we rely on every single day.

Pros: This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.

Cons: I wish the limit was higher as to the number of active sessions a user can have at one time. If I need to connect to 30 different computers at a time, I cannot. I believe the max limit is currently 20.

• Reviewed on 14/1/2020
Matt B.
Matt B.
Product Specialist III
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2017

"Excellent tool that gives you the ability to see what the user sees and even control their desktop"

Comments: It allows us to streamline support for certain issues and minimize the need for customers to follow detailed instructions over the phone. It also allows us to quickly transfer files without resorting to email, dropbox or some other method.

Pros: It allows me to quickly and easily access user's PCs to help troubleshoot issues, perform actions, transfer files, install updates, etc. It is easy to use for the customer and is an invaluable tool in customer support. It makes what could be a 30 minute call take 5 minutes and helps to solve issues that would otherwise be impossible.

Cons: Every once in a while we experience some unknown issues with running LogMeIn on a user's computer. The .exe file that should run to launch does nothing or the connection fails suddenly. We have had trouble getting to the bottom of these issues. However, these issues are pretty rare and may be due to issues on the customer's end.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2017
Jimmy W.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/1/2021

"Decent ad-hoc remote support software"

Comments: Good solid remote support product and the mobile phone element is very useful.

Pros: Works very well when ad hoc access required. Full feature set including file transfer and ability to remote control and configure certain elements of mobile phones.

Cons: Quite expensive but you get what you pay for. Unattended access is quite difficult to deploy but works well once done.

• Reviewed on 12/1/2021
William M.
Desktop tech
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"IT DEPARTMENT MUST HAVE"

Comments: I used this software in its early inception and as it grew it just continued to get better.

Pros: The software is extremely easy to setup, and use. Its a must have if you have end-user working remotely.

Cons: The licensing is somewhat expensive ae time has gone along, but still worth the cost if dealing with remote users.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Craig B.
Chicagoland Warehouse Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/9/2018

"LogMeIn Rescue // Off-site IT's Best Friend"

Comments: LogMeIn Rescue helps keep our nationwide network up to date and on the same page. Our IT department is located out of state, so this program allows them to connect to our local computers and fix issues. New computer setup, printer connections, network connections, software updates; this program helps our company thrive.

Pros: LogMeIn Rescue allows IT administrators to log in your computer to fix issues. Simple key code creation on one end, then key code insertion on the other end, allows connection of IT to control computer. From coding to fix internal issues, to printer connections. Very easy to use and allows company computer systems to stay up to date.

Cons: In the five years of use, I have not found any dislikes.

• Reviewed on 17/9/2018
Timothy B.
Field IT Tech
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2019

"Love it."

Comments: Very good application, has everything I need to be able to help users remotely.

Pros: The ability to handle multiple sessions at once. Pause/Resume sessions.

Cons: Unable to remote into a computer using just their computer name/IP - It will find it, but always say the username/password is incorrect, when it isnt.

• Reviewed on 23/7/2019
Senior LGR
  • Reviewed on 19/5/2019

"Sharing Screen is easy with LogMeIn Rescue"

Pros: With the help of internet i can share computer screens and can do work on the LogMeIn Rescue Enabled computer. Easy to install. Marker is available. Eraser is there to remove marked content on the screen.

Cons: Software is not optimised ang is a bit slow.

• Reviewed on 19/5/2019
Erica C.
Database Administrator
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/7/2016

"Time is money and this is saves so much time!"

Comments: We have used Log Me In Rescue for nearly 10 years now. We haven't found anything that they cannot do. They even have the ability to support mobile devices.

Pros: We can jump on computers and fix problems without having too much down time for end users.

Cons: I cannot think of any at this time.

• Reviewed on 27/7/2016
Mark C.
Mark C.
Network/POS Administrator
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/5/2018

"Great software. Does everything required and more."

Pros: Full featured in its class. It does everything in every way possible. The connections always work and the reboot and re-connect always works.

Cons: The pricing is very high. There could be tiered pricing for those who don't need all the functioanlity.

• Reviewed on 18/5/2018
Amanda D.
csr
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/3/2019

"This was very helpful in assisting clients with software issues"

Comments: overall we were able to get things don with ease so its a good program.

Pros: I liked that you could use it with out downloading any addition sever software.

Cons: that when it required administrative permission the client had to be there cause it would freeze up on my end, usually we tell the client they didn't need to stay why we worked on there PC remotely, this would hinder us a problem.

• Reviewed on 13/3/2019
Hesham gomaa elmasry ,.
EDI Product & Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/8/2018

"Online PCs with LogMeIn"

Pros: The best is that I can add my home's PC and any number of my work's PCs online under my account, so I can access my work's PC from home and vise verse, also I can add client's PCs to my account so I can easily connect to help them for any technical problems, the great also is that I can do that even from my cell phone, so even while transportation time, I can help my colleagues and my clients. The performance is very good and it really bugs free, I like also the availability to turn the destination PC's screen to black, so others don't know what I'm doing, also no problems with CTRL+Alt+Delete for the destination PC as LogMeIn avails a special button for this.

Cons: Sometimes I find the destination PC is turned off, so I suggest to add a cell phone# with each added PC, so if it is Off and if I'm trying to connect to it, LogMeIn should send a message or a notification to the cell phone number's owner that "My Name" is trying to access your PC and it is Off, please turn it on.

• Reviewed on 11/8/2018
John N.
John N.
FP&A Manager
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/4/2019

"Logmein"

Comments: Works well for remote IT help.

Pros: The great thing about logmein is that I can send my internal customers with an email with a direct link so that I can access their the computer remotely to help with program installations. Very easy to use.

Cons: Logmein has a bit of security loophole where users may not be aware that another person still has rights to see and control their computers.

• Reviewed on 4/4/2019
Damon R.
Damon R.
Desktop Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Gets the job done"

Comments: When want straight forward simple clear design and use this is it

Pros: It's very simple and easy to use with a straight forward interface that uses a browser and has plenty of space for transferring files and storage

Cons: I tried to the MAC version and it left plenty to be desired. It was missing features and just needed more ummph

Bobby E.
Universal banker
Banking, 201-500 Employees

"Really rescues us"

Comments: Overall, great software. I think our company will be using it for many more years.

Pros: You just go into logmein rescue and enter the PIN number. Within seconds we are connected to a technician from our company who can assist us with computer issues!

Cons: Sometimes it has to update the software and then it closes and you have to reboot the software. It can be annoying when you are in the middle of a time sensitive issue and need a tech to connect to your computer.

Bridget B.
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2018

"What a lifesaver for a tech support engineer!"

Pros: This saves so much time, it's unbelievable! Coming from the era where we had to walk users through everything, this just takes 95% of the call time away.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2018
Heidi T.
Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Easy Access for Remote Support for IT professionals"

Comments: Great tool to remotely access users's systems for the sake of troubleshooting or installing software and updates.

Pros: Lightweight application to easily access user's computers for remote control troubleshooting. Allows for instant access to a user's computer without having to install anything.

Cons: Not unattended--user must be present to authorize access. This is one-time use software, so future connections require new access codes.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Joseph r. S.
Senior Investigations Analyst
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Remote support bar none"

Pros: Very easily integrated into an already established support team and takes almost no time at all to set up.

Cons: Communication within LogMeIn Rescue could do with some improvement as it would make some processes much easier to handle.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Vice President Operations
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"LogMeIn Rescue Review"

Comments: Great app, helpful for remote IT troubleshooting, it has been quite easy to use

Pros: My IT team uses LogMeIn Rescue to remotely connect to our PCs and resolve IT issues, it is easy to use, i can easily grant remote access to them.

Cons: For Macbooks you have to first to your security settings to grant the app access, also you first have to download the app multiple times whenever you need to use it.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Ashleigh T.
Legal Secretary
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/4/2018

"LogMeIn Pro has been a lifesaver for me on the receiving end of the help from IT Dept."

Comments: I can just call IT an d they can fix any issues i am having with my computer instead of me waste my time trying figure it out.

Pros: It is soooo easy to use. I simply follow the link, select yes two times to download and then.. whhaallaaaa.. the IT department person is on my computer ready to do whatever can be done without me.. It is really helpful for the people in my office who are even less computer softea

Cons: There are really not many features besides its one task of logging into another persons computer for the purpose of fixing an issue or helping with something.

• Reviewed on 4/4/2018
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Easy to use"

Pros: It's easy to use and very convenient. You can access computers remotely from anywhere. Very useful to solve problems in someone else computer.

Cons: It's not free. Some apps allow a limited version or time for casual users. So, if you do not use frequently you can find some free options on the market.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Security Guard
Security & Investigations, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/4/2020

"Great Remote Tool"

Pros: What I love about this software is that it makes remote fixing quick and easy.

Cons: What I don't like about this is for call center associates is that when not used the trial is too short because if we needed it then we couldn't access it.

• Reviewed on 6/4/2020
Greg E.
Greg E.
Political Intern
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2019

"LogMeIn is a life saver"

Pros: I love having the convenience of allowing people to remotely access my computer. It helps so much when I run into problems.

Cons: In my short time using LogMeIn I have not encountered major issues.

• Reviewed on 12/4/2019