• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.6/5
    4.4/5

About LogMeIn Rescue

Real-time remote control of a customer's computer over the web for help desks, support softwares, IT organizations, and more.

Learn more about LogMeIn Rescue

Sergey M.
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/7/2018

"Remote support at your finger tips"

Pros: I've used this product for many years since LogMeIn introduced it. First time I tried it I was really blown away with its ease of use and deployment. While it offers a wide spectrum of additional features, I mostly use it to remotely support my employees, who can't be visited at the given moment. It really is so seamless, that my users feel like I'm right in front of them, assisting them with the IT issues. Web-based interface for day-to-day support makes it really easy to initiate a remote assistance call. I also use it on the servers for remote support, as they are spread out around multiple locations. Very fair ROI on this product. I am looking to evaluate other LMI products in the nearest future.

Cons: Every so often I run into certain issues with LMI client application installed on my Apple computers. Usually, I'd have to reinstall the client to solve the problem. This never happens to the Windows LMI client application.

Bryan W.
IT Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"LogMeIn Rescue - Essential Support Software"

Comments: Essential. I couldn't possible envision doing my job properly without it. Before this software, I used to drive to my client's locations and help them out of a jam, now they know I am just a couple of clicks away. It's the one annual expense I have that I am always happy to spend.

Pros: In my industry, I tend to the needs of users inside the office and outside. LogMeIn Rescue seamlessly allows me to take over my users computer and address their needs wherever I happen to be. Quite frankly, it is the most important software I use. Not only can I control the user's computer remotely, but the Rescue console also allows me to peak inside the file directory. This allows me to move and transfer files directly between our two computers.

Cons: It's not cheap! There are alternatives that are significantly less expense, however, you get what you pay for. Rescue is robust and the extra money spent is certainly worth it. Additionally, in order to acquire full control over the user's computer, there are a couple of steps that need to be explained to the user. While most find these steps intuitive, some of my older clients find it difficult. Sometimes patience and familiarity with the Rescue commands are required to get your client on board with you.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Jed P.
Head of Technology & User Experience
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Good, could be better, and the support is lacking"

Pros: Most of the time I can connect just fine, and the speed is alright. There are a lot of options for delivering the connection info. There is good reporting, and the ability to capture screens, as long as we are working from the office, and strong APIs.

Cons: The support is not so great. There are always long holds for phone support that almost always have to be escalated, which means a callback at a much later time. Email support is 24-hour turnaround for every single email exchanged no matter the issue, and their answer is too often something ANYONE would have already tried.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 8/7/2020

"Best Remote Software out there"

Comments: It is really an amazing experience, it made our life very easy and customers really loved the option to have icon on their desktops that they just double click on it to ask for support.
very stable, easy and fast solution that we don't face problems using it.

Pros: This software offer everything you are looking for.
Easy, stable, fast connection to clients.
Clients can connect direct to techs console through icon on their desktop or dedicated branded link.
Customer connect and all what the tech do is send request to take control and can capture user password for rebooting.
works perfect with windows and macs.
take full control on the computer, can export info about the computer hardware or software, reboot in safe mode or normal reboot.
The admin console can view all connected sessions, admin user can join any session or monitor any tech.
reporting system is amazing re connected sessions or the techs performance.
tech console can be used as stand alone software or through web access.
can add unattended access to computers.
Has Mobile seats as well.

Cons: It is really expensive software compared to other products in the market but this is because it include everything you are looking for in a remote desktop software with admin console that you can support your clients with and manage your techs.
Mobile seats are with additional licenses not included.

• Reviewed on 8/7/2020
Eli P.
Centralized ServicesM anager
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2019

"Great Product, But a Bit oo Expensive"

Comments: Overall, I like the product and it gives me piece of mind when connecting to critical client machines, but the price is too high compared to other products to justify a large roll out.

Pros: Logmein works and works well. I use several remote control products and Logmein is the one that I use if I know that keeping the connection is critical. It's especially useful when the user a laptop that doesn't initie the WiFi connection until after login. The product can be configured to cache credentials and login automatically.

Cons: The price is definitely the highest for all the remote control products that I use. I use Logmein sparingly because I only purchased one license. For general day to day use, I use other less expensive products.

• Reviewed on 14/7/2019
Adam C.
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 4/2/2019

"Great remote connection tool"

Pros: I love the ability to remotely connect to a users computer and be granted full admin access to make changes and repairs. We are able to connect with people all over the world and resolve their computer issues. I've been able to hotspot off my phone and connect to users for long periods to resolve issues.

Cons: I don't like that it takes the app a while to implement new features. When there is an issue with an update or new windows features it can take them some time to release an update. A work around is usually available but they become cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 4/2/2019
Nathanial R.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/1/2020

"Absolute necessity for our Tech Support office"

Comments: Our Tech Support office has used LMI Rescue for around a decade, and it is one of the most valuable tools we rely on every single day.

Pros: This program is very easy for our staff to use, and very easy for the customer to initiate a support session. The ability to transfer client sessions between Tech Support reps is great.

Cons: I wish the limit was higher as to the number of active sessions a user can have at one time. If I need to connect to 30 different computers at a time, I cannot. I believe the max limit is currently 20.

• Reviewed on 14/1/2020
Matt B.
Product Specialist III
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2017

"Excellent tool that gives you the ability to see what the user sees and even control their desktop"

Comments: It allows us to streamline support for certain issues and minimize the need for customers to follow detailed instructions over the phone. It also allows us to quickly transfer files without resorting to email, dropbox or some other method.

Pros: It allows me to quickly and easily access user's PCs to help troubleshoot issues, perform actions, transfer files, install updates, etc. It is easy to use for the customer and is an invaluable tool in customer support. It makes what could be a 30 minute call take 5 minutes and helps to solve issues that would otherwise be impossible.

Cons: Every once in a while we experience some unknown issues with running LogMeIn on a user's computer. The .exe file that should run to launch does nothing or the connection fails suddenly. We have had trouble getting to the bottom of these issues. However, these issues are pretty rare and may be due to issues on the customer's end.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2017
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/3/2020

"LogMeIn Makes it Easy"

Comments: LogMeIn helped us take a big step forward with remote customer support. Customers love it because it allows us to solve most of their tech problems without ever having to enter their premises. We love it because it saves us a lot of time on the road.

Pros: LogMeIn is probably the easiest remote support software I have ever used. Setup is quick and easy for both, the client in need of support and the support tech. Connections are solid and trouble-free, giving us the opportunity to provide support without tedious and annoying interruptions from glitches. And the fact that it works across multiple platforms is a bonus. Highly recommend this software!

Cons: We really found nothing that we would consider a con. Everything about the software was easy, and it did exactly what it was intended to do, free of problems and frustration.

• Reviewed on 14/3/2020
Senior IT analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"A good remote "takeover" tool but pricy solution"

Comments: LogMeIn has been on this market for years. It has different products for different usage. For serious Helpdesk support, this is a true product to look into it.

Pros: I have used LogMeIn for sometime, overall, it is a solid product. The LogMeIn Rescue is a good Support/Help Desk product and does not need to be pre-installed on client machines. Send them a link and you can control from there. Unlike WebEx, after the lightweight client is installed, user does not need to give control to Helpdesk support, it is a true easy solution for clients. File transfer feature is easy, too

Cons: We encountered some Win10 issues occasionally but LogMein support can't get to the bottom of it either. UAC prompt is a headache but this is an issue (actually a security feature) on Win10 so it is unavoidable. License is not cheap and it certainly stopped some smaller businesses from using it

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019
Service Desk Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/5/2019

"One of the best remote take-over tools out there!"

Comments: I have used LogMeIn Rescue for several years on a daily basis and have yet to come across a remote take-over tool that is as user friendly as this one. The learning curve is quite low, which makes it a great tool for most Service Desk environments!
The lay-out is very clear and easy to understand and use and security-wise it's one of the most secure tools. I have worked with some European countries that have quite extensive checklists regarding security and LogMeIn Rescue was able to tick every box.
Having done some comparison research for a recent project we were running, I can honestly say LogMeIn Rescue is one of the (if not THE) best back-for-your-buck remote take-over tools out there.
Their reporting function could be improved/upgraded, but I won't even rate this against the tool as, in my experience, this is on the lower side of requirements for any remote take-over tool.
I highly recommend LogMeIn Rescue to anyone looking for a great remote take-over tool. I can honestly say you can't go wrong and will not be disappointed!

Pros: The lay-out of the tool is very clear and user friendly.

Cons: Reporting function could use some improvement.

• Reviewed on 8/5/2019
IT System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2018

"Great for remote supoort"

Comments: The software allows us to easily take control and manage our remote referring physicians with a pretty simple secured connection to their office.

Pros: Allows you to easily take control of the remote pc even with multiple monitor setups. I actually prefer some things over the logmein central product but not all. Central has more features but this is preferred for external remote access for us over Central.

Cons: Freezes up sometimes with win 10 computers. I just lose remote functions like mouse control . Also if the remote computer has windows UAC user access control on any popups you will not see remotely which will hinder your access until the user clicks yes or no on their end. Users get popups and do not click all the time to start the remote session or even where to look. I would give it another start if these issues were resolved.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2018
IT Support Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2019

"LogMeIn Rescue makes remote IT support simple and fast"

Comments: As a daily IT support analyst, I am constantly supporting remote users in our sales field and across the country in various offices. The ability to remote in with a simple click of a link on the user's part is essential for me being able to complete tickets and solve issues for our users quickly without the need for them to ship in equipment.

Pros: The ability to remote into users systems from around the country quickly and efficiently. Using admin credentials to install software or help with issues that they can't do themselves makes life in IT support a lot easier

Cons: I really don't have many cons to list honestly. But I guess a little bit clearer understanding of all the features available would be nice. Also, for very very un-tech savvy people, even having to click a link and run the download can be difficult. Just clicking a link only would be easier.

• Reviewed on 11/4/2019
Juan S.
CTO
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2017

"Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms."

Comments: The ease of knowing that at a moments notice, I can jump onto my device of choice and provide full remote support to my users is a great benefit. The performance across the different platforms is pretty seamless and very responsive.

Pros: Logmein Rescue is an easy to use remote software with multiple platforms. I've had this software get me out of bind when my boss called for support and all I had was my Android Tablet. I like that it is flexible enough to on multiple platforms and easy for the customer side to use.

Cons: Its a great tool, but it does come with a hefty price tag, if your organization can afford it on their per technician basis.

• Reviewed on 5/9/2017
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/7/2018

"Simple direct tool for clients to connect with."

Comments: We were able to create a custom domain that links to our clients and initiates a session. The only issue that we run into is when the user does not accept the access prompts that appear. Outside of the connection issue at times this is a great product. They are regularly adding features that are needed and improving on the ones that are already there.

Pros: I like that it's simple for a user to connect to us from an e-mailed link. They open the page follow the directions and then we are connected.

Cons: When the app doesn't connect, it doesn't connect. The support team is slow to respond to these types of requests, and the fix is usually something unrelated that doesn't help.

Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2018

"Remote Access with chat :)"

Pros: I've used LogMeIn Rescue when I worked as Technical Support in a software. We're using this software to remotely access our customers computer to troubleshoot their computer and do installations. These customers are miles away. I love the idea that it is easy to use. You can also communicate with them via chat. So whenever you need them to do something on their end, it is to relay the instruction. Not necessarily to always stay on the phone.

Cons: I can't remember anything that I like least about LogMeIn Rescue. If there's one thing they can improve is that make it more user-friendly, though it is already easy to use, however whenever a non-computer savvy is using it, were having a hard time to let them allow the remote access. But this is something that is not a big deal since it is not LogMeIn's fault. However, if there's something they can do about this, that will be awesome.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2018
Josue H.
Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 30/7/2018

"one of the best remote tools"

Comments: easy way to fix clients computer issues with out dealing with email back and forward if you have clients out side of your building I support clients all over the globe and this tool is the best for me to assist them.

Pros: One of the best remote tool for the IT world I used this software every day when clients not follow my direction on on email so i remote in to their computers to help them out and this is an easy way to do that cannot live without it. hahahah

Cons: NO cons its simply enough that anyone can used no one can go wrong without it I think every company that does IT should do have this tool.

• Reviewed on 30/7/2018
Kelsey B.
Firefighter/IT Support
Public Safety, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/1/2019

"Not Worth The Cost"

Comments: Our experience with LogMeIn Rescue taught us that even software backed by a popular name may not be as good as software that is free or from a more uncommon developer.

Pros: LogMeIn Rescue does what it is supposed to do. That's about the only positive thing I have to say about the software. Aside from that, cost and ease of use and functionality are major drawbacks.

Cons: After using LogMeIn Rescue for nearly 9 months, we have reached a point where we have to decide if it will be a permanent system that we will utilize. I have decided to pursue other options considering there are cheaper -- and even free -- alternatives that exist which provide equal or greater functionality at no cost or at a fraction of the cost of LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Rescue is not as feature rich as many of the free and lower priced products that exist. So, in short, cost was the main issue for us deciding to pursue other options.

• Reviewed on 22/1/2019
Keenan T.
Student
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/9/2018

"Fantastic Remote Access Software to Service a Distant Computer"

Comments: LogMeIn Rescue has allowed me to connect to any computer that I want without having to diagnose window's native remote desktop application. All of the heavy lifting is done by LogMeIn, which has allowed remote technicians to work faster and more efficiently.

Pros: Rescue is a fantastic piece of software that is used to diagnose computer problems remotely. Ranging from helping the elderly log into their email to severe computer issues, Rescue is acceptable for any problem. Rescue removes the diagnosing of remote desktop connection in windows and makes it easy. All you have to do is install the program, input the credentials to the target computer and access is granted. Rescue allows you to view the target's screen and control their computer. You can transfer files and chat to the target computer through Rescue's chat dialogue box.

Cons: To be fair, LogMeIn Rescue has some downfalls. When the target user download's the program, they have to be computer-illiterate to be able to install and access the application. Having a download that will automatically initiate a session would be awesome.

• Reviewed on 10/9/2018
Sales Associate
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2019

"Great Remote Support Tool"

Comments: Overall the experience with LogMeIn Rescue was positive. Couldn't be more positive. I did not deal with the licensing so I can't speak to that. I used this as a support technician and it is a solid product.

Pros: Never failed. Never dealt with any issues having users install the client and never had any issues connecting. I came from a open source VNC tool which had all sorts of difficulty and quirks. LogMeIn Rescue was a huge upgrade and made everyone's lives easier. It also had another feature called Rescue lens where a user could use their smartphone camera to show you what they are looking at. I never used that feature, but other technicians I worked with had.

Cons: Nothing. It always worked. I never had an issue.

• Reviewed on 13/2/2019
Aaron W.
Director of MediaShout User Experience
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2017

"Use LMI Rescue daily to serve our users"

Comments: It allows us to connect to our users and help them in a much better way than simply email or phone support can do.

Pros: LogMeIn Rescue has been great for us to remotely serve our customers. We need multi-screen remote access, so being able to see all screens, share files, get information about users computer, and even setup unattended access is very helpful.

Cons: It is very expensive compared to other programs. The security process to allow a rep to remote into a user's computer can take more steps than it should (overly secure), which can be confusing for customers.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2017
Tchnician
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"EXCELLENT SERVICE EVER"

Comments: If you are work in Big company and you have lots of customers then LogMeIn is the best software for the access your customer's computer screen. You can access 10 remotes at the same time on 1 console. I can handle all the customers at the same time.

Pros: The LogMeIn rescue is the best remote screen sharing software. I work in Digiteck we all use LogMeIn console for remote access. Good Speed. With lots of extra features. Calling Card, Session hold, etc

Cons: Nothing, I use this software for the last 3 years. I don't think so i have any problem in 3 years. It's easy to access.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
Christa C.
Senior System Business Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/9/2018

"LogMeIn Rescue"

Comments: I've used this in a business setting when I worked technical support. It is an invaluable tool for accessing a users device and solving an issue in less time then a conversation can do alone. It increased the efficiency of the technical support desk.

Pros: This software provides easy access to the end users device and makes remote support so much more convenient.

Cons: If you have a user who is not computer savvy getting them to click the proper buttons to allow remote access can be a challenge you need to work through before you can address the issue that they called about.

• Reviewed on 25/9/2018
Joy P.
Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/4/2019

"Very easy to use!"

Comments: I've seen some people complain that it's hard to explain to customers how to install. I've experienced that some which was frustrating, but if you are able to explain things in layman's terms to the other end you will be fine. I used this program as a tech support agent and it made my life so much easier! I was able to take control of the customer's computer and get things done quickly and efficiently instead of directing the customer to do it, which can be so time-consuming.

Pros: Super easy to use! The program does all of the work for you! You couldn't ask for a smoother experience for your customers when it comes to trying to figure out their issues.

Cons: There's really nothing I didn't like. It is all around a great program!

• Reviewed on 26/4/2019
Shadab S.
Analyst
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2018

"Boon for tech support people!"

Pros: I have been using this for past 6 years and though I have an option of using different screen sharing tool, but I always prefer to go with LogMeInRescue due to its world class features which no other tool provides. Even my client prefers using this tool as it is quite reputed and safe to use. It is a very reliable software.

Cons: It works beautifully on Windows devices but on Mac and Mobile devices it does lag sometimes which the LogMeIn team can rectify.

• Source: GetApp