15 years helping Irish businesses

About Google Docs

Web-based app designed to store, create, and edit spreadsheets and documents online. Templates, charting and commenting are available.

Learn more about Google Docs

Pros:

This is a ubiquitous tool to create and share secure and free documents. It provides most of the prominent features of MS Office365 without the subscription fee.

Cons:

When my internet is bad, it get stuck and I can’t type anymore. When you live in the mountains thats frustrated sometimes.

Google Docs ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.8

9.2/10

Google Docs has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 28,155 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Docs before?

Filter reviews (28,154)

Karin
Karin
Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs is the gold standard of team document creation

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Producing plays requires a huge amount of team work. Collaborating on cast lists, costume inventories, prop plots, set designs and more are made far easier using Google docs. It's so easy to have all parties able to work on the same document, seamlessly, adding comments, tracking versions and seeing who commented what using tags

Cons:

Offline editing gets a little tricky for those with multiple accounts but overall it's great

Josh
Teacher in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Essential Document Creation/Sharing

5.0 7 days ago New

Comments: Google Docs allows me to do so many things in an easy, collaborative fashion. It's hard to think of a time when I didn't use it, but I know that my organization, productivity, and collaboration have all improved in that time. Google has done a very nice job with this product, and they are always rolling out new features and quality-of-life improvements.

Pros:

Every single thing about Google Docs is collaborative, and that is a must-have feature nowadays. All work is automatically saved, the revision history allows me to look back through every single keystroke, and there are so many collaborative features that allow me to work with colleagues in a variety of ways. All documents can easily be shared, copied, and modified in quick fashion. I honestly like everything about this product!

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike here. If pressed, I guess that I would say that there could be more template options to work with, but that is a very minor complaint. Everything about this product seems well thought out.

Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees

Certainly performing well...

Comments: While the program isn't perfect, Google Docs is by far the most easily accessible and widely used word editing programs. It excels at what it needs to do, but lacks on what it could do.

Pros:

To start, Docs get's everything you need done. Editing, typing, sharing—it's all easily done. In a school or work environment, the commenting mode and ability to share documents easily makes working extremely efficient. In comparison, a traditional document editor would require you to manually send the file, have the other party edit it, then send it back. In docs, being able to instantly see any edits or comments another person makes is a huge time-saver. Docs is also extremely compatible with other types of files, and even can transcribe PDF files. It's also capable of converting your current doc into other formats, which is helpful since you won't have to use a third-party website/application to do so. While being a common feature in other editing programs, the auto save feature is handy, as it saves every time a change is made, even if it's just a single letter. On top of that, Docs also stores previous versions of your document, which I personally found very useful when back-referencing older revisions of essays and other papers. Lastly, Docs runs constant grammar and spelling checks, which is great for when you are typing in a rush and misspell a word or type something out awkwardly. Not only that, but the detection is always improving, and is even able to detect proper nouns (like names) and recognize that they aren't spelled wrong because they are meant to be spelled that way.

Cons:

Despite it's strengths, Google Docs holds a few annoying points. A major disappointment lies in the lack of font support. While some of the major, non-standard fonts like IBM Plex Sans are available, a majority of the fonts that are available aren't well-known or widely used, which led me to using the same 4-5 fonts over and over again. There is no option to add third-party fonts either, which isn't ideal for those of us that have a selection of them on our computers. Despite Doc's simple design, it's actually a huge resource hog for both internet bandwidth and RAM. While it may not be noticeable on a decent computer, it's especially noticeable on computers that aren't from the last 4 years or so. Loading Docs onto my laptop from a few years ago brought it to its knees, and forced me to use an alternative. While Docs has plenty of shortcuts for its most commonly used tools, not every tool has a shortcut. On top of that, there are no options to bind our own shortcuts to a tool, which is a huge problem for those of us that have to write heavily formatted, non-traditional styled documents. Lastly, table creation and editing in Docs is still yet to be ideal. Each line in a table is treated as a separate line, meaning that you have to either edit each line or all the lines at once, which makes it inconvenient to create visually appealing tables.

Jamie
Onboarding Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best folder and document management system

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Google Docs is the best document keeper and creator. It has made it so easy for me to share folders with clients and collab with them on their work - totally recommend.

Pros:

It is so easy to share folders, whether that's adding others to it or sending people the link! I love how you can search the name of the doc on your search engine and it comes up! I think the best feature on google docs is how you can see real time updates from other people editing the document - it is so great for collaboration. And, I do not even need clients to turn in the documents to me - because I can see them! I also love how it saves all your changes live!

Cons:

I have been using google docs forever and have no complaints.

Brandon
Director of SEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Good Online Doc Tool

4.0 last month New

Pros:

If you can use Word, you can use Google Docs. It's almost exactly the same.

Cons:

Sharing docs can sometimes be tough due to sharing restrictions. External folders are often needed.

Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My go to web application

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Google Docs is my go to Web application. I write all of my files and my notes in Google Docs. What I like most about this application is that it is easier for me to access my files or documents even when I am not connected into a Wi-Fi because it allows me to download my files offline.

Cons:

I like least about the Google Docs is, I can’t seem to figure out how to customize certain elements. However , I can easily find instructions on how to change the entire page's layout but I am having a hard time when it comes to to smaller details like headers or footers.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Great for on-line/ documents creation and/ or collaboration

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent tool for document sharing and/ or dynamic and secure collaboration.

Pros:

The on-the-go collaborative features are easy to utilize. You can make sure the right people (access management) has the right access level (edit, comment, read-only) so they can meet the objectives. Not having to think "what is the right doc I should access?" is just great. There will be only one single document to access, and one single online version for everyone.

Cons:

It might be a bit complex to structure the text/ tab/ formats. As a user, it may take a bit longer than with the traditional MS Word.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501–1,000 Employees

Favourite word editor .

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

In-class collaboration between users is Google docs strongest point ,and it is what I like most about it. This has proven beneficial to my team , as we rely on it for multi - user collaboration when creating documents for my team or department. Having multiple users being able to work together on documentations makes us more efficient and productive.

Cons:

Whenever I have imported word documents created with third party tools into Google docs, the formatting properties of such documents get distorted, leaving me spending extra time to reformat the file.

Kristina
Kristina
Automotive Technician in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs: The software that allows you to mange any and all your documents/files!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with this software was great. I have absolutely no complaints and would 100% recommend this software to anyone!

Pros:

It's easy to use and it's 100 percent free. But it's not only a place to store, create, and manage all your documents and files but you can share them with anyone you need.

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like about it.

Themba
Themba
General worker in South Africa
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Google docs

5.0 6 days ago New

Pros:

Since i started using this app I've never lost data or my comics docs, its been 4years now i still have my old stuff safe..thanks google

Cons:

To be honest guys nothing wrong about this app its perfect, I'm using it and it's been years now i never came across any boring errors never!!!

Panagiotis
Founder & General Manager in Greece
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

A solid solution for collaborative document authoring

Comments: Flawless.
Working with my colleagues in my company and also many external organizations that I provide consulting, is a breeze.
Organization is easy and with versioning there is no need to create any copy of a document ever.
A single point of truth as they say, is easily achieved, and everyone involved knows where to find what at any time.
If you spend a little time to create 2-3 protocols on how a team should use Google Docs, it is possible to even create a functional knowledge-base, that has nothing to be jealous from other solutions specialized in knowledge-base authoring and hosting.
Also, by organizing the way that a team works, formatting can be consistent, the use of templates helps a lot and file management becomes intuitive.
For the editorial process, Google Docs offers many solutions inside all it's sub-tools. Document related chat channels, version control and non-destructive reviewing and the most advanced sharing options available to date, create a great environment that me and my teammates enjoy working with.
Now that I think of it, there is no other tool that I could adopt in my company so fast and didn't need to train anybody to use it. I only wrote some easy to follow protocols on our internal file organization philosophy and writing style, and that was it. We started using it from day 1, and continue to do so happily until now with success.

Pros:

The Google Docs platform offers a variety of office document authoring environments, that we all used to get from Microsoft (and Lotus 1-2-3) for the older users like me. It was from the beginning that I tried the tools, that the easy way of collaborating with others took me by surprise. I still use Google Docs to author documents together with my team and it our official solution for our spreadsheets. Google Docs is also easy to integrate with many other SaaS solutions for business documentation, like Confluence, Jira, Dropbox, and more. One of the integrations which I find wonderful to use and I am using it on a daily basis, is the one with Google's own Data Studio, which together with Google Spreadsheets, allows us to create distilled information dashboards, and look at the big picture of our company's economy. Another great tool included in Google Docs, is the Google Forms solution, that make it a breeze to collect data. We use that in two key sectors of our daily efforts. First, as a tool for our engineers to gather data when on the field and on the information ingestion process afterwards. And second, on our R&D department, that we use it to create surveys to get insights from our experiments and investigations. The way that Google Docs integrate with all the other tools and operate in all platforms both desktop and mobile, makes it a unique solution for collaborative document creation, editing and curation. Did I mention that we love its file versioning functionality?

Cons:

I would like for the Google Slides to be a little more modernized. For instance the morph transition from Microsoft's PowerPoint is a great addition to any lecturer or presenter that wants to create easy transitions between slides that convey their narrative to motion, and guide the audience's eyes to the focal point of the presentation. Also, the embedding of documents, especially presentations, would be better if it came with more customization options and more security settings. So I could use it even for promotional parts of my e-commerce website, or as a way to deliver interactive content with flow, to various stakeholders. Don't get me wrong, Google Slides is a great piece of software and covers all of my needs. I only seek some kind of modernization, to make it feel more of an authoring environment, than a simple deck of cards. Presentations are a great way to deliver information asynchronous, online and on-demand, and many people turn to videos, but we forget how optimized and straight is a pack of slides at the hands of a truly interested audience, thirsty for knowledge on a topic. By making Google Slides a tool that support the branding and functional needs of the presentation author, we can deliver information with consistency at any online platform and through any online portal type. Apart from that personal view on Slides, I believe that Google Docs is an excellent toolset.

Ken
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Google Doc's Change the way you think

Comments: This is an entire brain shift. To realize I no longer have to download a doc to my laptop, edit, save and upload makes my brain hurt. I just grab a tablet and work.. If you are young, in my opinion it is the way to go. I wish it was available 40 years ago, I would not be so set in my ways.

Pros:

First off, to move from an install software to a cloud based software you HAVE to change the way you think. I am old, I sell GSuite, O365 and install LibreOffice. It has taken me a long time to embrace what I can do with Google Doc's I went from using it once a month to once a day. There is so much I can do from my phone Google Docs gives you the freedom to be fully mobile, Phone, Tablet, Desktop, Laptop. You ALWAYS have access to your docs if you can connect to the internet.

Cons:

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks. I no longer can open up my laptop where there is no internet and work. So, I use the hot spot on my phone, except when I am on the phone the hot spot cuts off. So a bought a hot spot for the car so I can talk and type.

Madony
business manager in Brazil
Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

A office solution wherever you are.

Comments: In general, google docs meets almost all of my needs, mainly document sharing and group editing. The integration with other google and android applications make google docs an indispensable tool for me today. Although I still think that other office suites have advantages over google docs, in the general assessment, google docs is still my first choice.

Pros:

What i like most about google docs is the possibility to edit my files anywhere and be able to share them in a simple and practical way. I also like the option to save my photos and files in the cloud without having to worry about disk space on my pc. I also like the option of doing everything on the same platform and integrating my documents with goolgle tools. Best of all, I don't have to pay for it.

Cons:

What I don't really like is the dependency that Google Docs has on the internet. If I am in a place where the internet connection is faulty or insufficient, google docs become impracticable. Another bad thing is that it is not always possible to have all the functions of microsoft excell or microsoft word in Google docs and this can be quite disappointing.

Hitender
Self Employed in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Super easy, highly compatible and accessible document software..!!!

Comments: By and large experience of utilizing Google Docs is extremely great . I've utilized Google Docs for each part of my life. I use it for planning, following my work progress, and so on I use Google Docs every day and it's incredible for working with other collection mates on ventures. They can without much of a stretch access the records as long as they have a web association.

Pros:

Google Docs permits me to share reports, alter, recommend, and access my archives from any gadget. I can impart a record to somebody and have them alter, or I can confine their entrance and permit them to recommend or see the report. I can likewise get to this report from any gadget. There are additionally numerous formats to browse to make letters, resumes, or simply clear reports. The capacity to type up records that you can access on any gadget. I love having the option to type things on my telephone and afterward jump on my PC have the option to alter the writings or keep composing precisely where I left off on my work. I utilize this for composing archives for work, including making records, notes, exercise manual pages for understudies or guardians, talks and introductions, and even novel stories I work on in my extra time. I love having the option to impart the archives to other people, and controlling who can peruse the report, who can understand it and leave notes, and who can be a co-proofreader with me. I additionally like having the option to work disconnected, realizing that as long as the report doesn't close before I pick up web once more, I will have my work saved and refreshed in the cloud once I recapture network availability.

Cons:

There could be much more easy to-utilize highlights with regards to adding and altering pictures in Google Docs. What's more, when you login and of you have more than one open record, it continues asking you which record you're attempting to utilize. There should be an approach to keep that from happening without fail.

Sean
analyst in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

I LOVE Google Docs

Comments: We do a lot of document creation , sharing and modifying and this allows my team to create outstanding work that is clean looking and complete. I can't see an instance that we would move away from Google Docs.

Pros:

I love how this software allows our entire team to be on the same page. Definitely the best program I've used for team collaboration The ability to view it while mobile is huge as well , we aren't tied down to our desktops anymore The simplicity of so many options that it offers is really tough to beat. This will service anyone who is new to advanced.

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike about Google Docs , great product that keeps getting better

Huong
Digital Developer in Vietnam
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Still the best docs collaboration tool for professionals AND students (and even Family)

Comments: Ever since learning about Google Docs, it totally changed me to a fan of cloud based product. As a developer, 80% of my tools are from Google (Data Studio, Google Web Designers...) and Docs of course is a Can't Miss product for me as I use it daily even when ideas from scratch needed to be written down for the next day. I enjoyed the collaboration aspect of it and that it's only a link you need to send, not xxMB files you need to send over and over via email for edit and reviews.

Pros:

Just as any other Google products, I've loved using Google Docs starting when I was a broke student who used Mac (way back then Word for Mac was bad and not worth the money). Google Docs was a life saver as it was free and got the same job done. I was impressed (it was at least 10+ years ago when collaboration tools weren't that popular) how it allow my college group to finish our work together from anywhere and didn't even need to meet. and again, it's FREE. Even now as a professional, we still uses Google Docs and other sorts of Cloud products for sharing ideas and collaborating on works. You would get a loud laugh at my company if you share a Word file that people need to download to read... We even use Google Docs at home for Chore work or any lists we needed to share between family members. Thanks Google Docs for introducing me to the Cloud life :)

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about Google Docs is that its function is too simple (unlike word where it would have more styles, charts, etc...) but if I have to trade that to having a slower and more sluggish online tool (Outlook Word online has more function but tbh its kinda sluggish unlike Google Docs), I would say nah I'm fine.

Research, Self Employed

A student, writer, editor or researcher's dream

Pros:

Google Docs is great for writing and collaborating on written projects because it keeps a "Version History" of the document that is easy to access and easy to read. It also shows you in the right margin who has made what changes to the document (so you can easily determine which version you want to see even if you don't remember exactly when). Similar to a "Track Changes" option on Word or Pages, but better, Google Docs offers a "Suggesting Mode" where your changes are visible and can be "accepted" or "rejected." This is ideal for when you want to suggest a change to the text and I use it often when marking or grading students' papers to show them how they might have reworded something, offering suggestions on their drafts, peer-reviewing friends' papers or proposals, and so forth. There is also a comments function, which is again different from what you'd find on Word or Pages because you can see the comments right there on the right margin of the document instead of having to 'click' on the comment to see what it says... The Outline function is extraordinarily useful as well, as it automatically compiles an 'outline' of your paper based on your titles/headers. This is perfect for organizing notes or long documents with multiple sections. Docs is also great for sharing as it allows you to share a file as "View-Only" or editable, and either by email invitation to the file or by distributing the link. There are also tons of add-ons...

Cons:

There are no obvious issues with Google Docs, though considering how many people use Docs for writing projects or papers, it would be nice if there were more document types. There are dedicated writing softwares (such as Scrivener) that essentially break down one larger written draft into multiple sections that are compiled into one. It would be good for Docs to consider something along those lines, as I use it religiously for everything from taking meeting minutes to organizing recipes I want to try, but I avoid writing longer documents on Docs because it takes too long to scroll up and down.

Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

I LOVE Google Docs!

Comments: I use it every single day! Organization of notes, business plans, outlines, task lists, team efforts, and even my utility overview is used on Google Docs and makes my life easier.

Pros:

I've been using this software for years now and have migrated ALL of my Microsoft word documents to Google Docs because I can access it from anywhere, on any computer, smartphone or tablet as long as there is an internet connection. This makes my life WAY easier. I love how it has the same features as MSWord and how I can share it publicly or privately with other email addresses. And I love the "sections" adding by new title sections in the document making it easy to navigate. I also love the template designs which speeds up the process very fast. And it's great other team members can be allowed to edit a document. It is a complete all inclusive software that makes my life WAY easier and I will continue to use it daily like I have been.

Cons:

Two things only, even though I limit members from copying or printing, they still take screenshots of sensitive material. Perhaps adding a "NDA Agreement" section would help so sensitive material is not abused. Also, I have about a dozen different emails but it can be hard to remember or navigate to each docs sometimes, especially after stated "signed into too many accounts" which slows me down and makes matters confusing. If there was a way to make this easier to navigate, that would be awesome. I guess allowing other team members that edit a document to be easily distinguishable to who edited what would be highly beneficial as well.

Fariz
Fariz
Design Manager in Malaysia
Design, 11–50 Employees

Don't have Word installed on your PC? Never fear! Meet Google Docs!

Comments: Google Docs is extremely helpful in my daily tasks and when I am mobile. As a manager, it's easy for me to access my documents and edit them on the fly wherever I am. As a freelance transcriber, it helps a lot with my tasks with its audio to text feature.

Pros:

As a design manager, I often do proposals and reports using a word processing software. I am always on the go. Google Docs enables me to edit files online and access it anywhere, anytime provided you can go online. If you are used to use Microsoft Word, then your right at home. The interface is similar and a breeze to use. If you don't have a laptop, you can open Google Docs using a smartphone or a tablet; open docs, edit and save them online. Pretty nifty! There was once I was late and in a rush for a meeting and realized that I left my laptop at home. Even fogot my USB drive. Silly me. I need to print out a proposal asap. But because the night before I created the proposal online using Google Docs, I went online at the printing shop and printed the proposal and was on my way to the meeting feeling relieved. Phew~ My boss and colleagues also do proposals and would always ask me to review their documents or add my ideas to it. I edited their files and they also can view them or add more content, all in real-time. Docs offers its fair share of unique features that can make your life a whole lot easier. As a freelance transcriber, the Voice Typing function is useful to transcribe audio into text which saves me a lot of time. Also when I have ideas for a project or proposal and I am lazy to type, I would use the Voice Typing tool to convey my speech and thoughts into text. Feels like being Tony Stark.

Cons:

Nothing really. It has all the features of a word processing software. You just need a reliable internet connection. Just make sure you save your file every time you have edited your document. Well yes it does have an AutoSave feature, but always keep a backup by email or your USB drive, in case you don't have internet access.

Suzanne
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Real-time collaboration with great features

Comments: The combination of great features mixed with the easy of real-time collaboration can't be beat. I'm very pleased with Google Docs and regularly use and recommend it for any projects in which I'm involved.

Pros:

It's easy to use and full of features relevant for creating and editing all kinds of documents. But where Google Docs especially shines is in the ease of collaboration and sharing. You can share either by personal invites to other Google users (for the best security), or via a link that allows anyone to access. You also have detailed controls over what role you want to grant each person individually - view only, view and comment only, or edit. Comments are attached to specific highlighted text, and can be marked as complete if in reference to a problem, or can be the start of a conversation that other users can reply to. All collaboration happens in real-time. You can watch other users making changes live, so you never have to worry about your version of the document being out-of-date. Lots of users can work on the document simultaneously without creating lag - I haven't experienced any issues unless hundreds of people are all trying to edit at the same time.

Cons:

When saving a version of my Doc to my computer (usually done as .docx), it doesn't save the identity of other people who have worked on the file and made comments on it. All the comments are still there - there just isn't any way to tell who made them. The chat feature doesn't keep a record of what was said, which renders it useless to me. Anything relevant said in chat is lost if you have to refresh your page, or if you aren't present when the comment is made. Only comments made specifically on the document itself by highlighting text are retained and useful. If you aren't the owner of the document, you can't subscribe to changes in the document. The mobile app also still has a few aspects that can be clunky. For instance, when working on an extremely long document, you have to scroll forever and ever to get to the bottom - there is no easy way to skip around the document.

Jennie
Jennie
Author in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Cloud-based, free, and easy to use for everyone

Comments: Overall, Google Docs is a great product. It offers real-time collaborating with other users, including those who do not have a gmail account. Combined with the other features offered by Google (like chat), it allows for seamless collaborating on anything. Throw in the fact it's free and cloud-based, you have a winning product. You can access Google Docs on any device, including kindles with a little ingenuity (it's just a bit of a pain to get to with kindles). I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a free word processor and wants something with all the abilities of MS Office.

Pros:

Google docs has a lot of benefits. You can download/upload files into docs with a few simple clicks. Copy/pasting from a word processor into docs is simple and causes little to zero formatting issues. And what issues do happen, are easily fixed with only a click or two of the mouse. You can do any and all editing, previewing, even printing or sharing with docs. If you are collaborating with someone else (or multiple people), you can see what's being written in real-time without any issues. Combine it with gmail or even google chat, and you can make collaborating with your fellow users with seamless ease. I've been using google's entire suite from when gmail was by invite only (I'm telling my age here LOL). Google docs has only improved over the years and continues to get better, not worse. There are zero fees (unless you choose to up your storage space). And you get access to a version of the basics found in MS Office. Only easier to use with all the same options. Google Docs has been my go-to for writing. It's cloud-based, I can do all the needed formatting, and it's easy to share to anyone, including people who don't have a gmail account. You can even upload a doc/docx file and convert it to a google doc with only a few clicks, without loosing the formatting. That feature alone makes life a lot easier when you want to edit something on the go.

Cons:

Sometimes when you copy/paste from Word or another word processor, the formatting goes wonky. You have to either reformat the entire section, or remove the formatting in that section. It's a few extra needless steps. Aside from that? I've encountered few issues with Docs.

Emily
Business Development Associate in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Google Docs: User Friendly, But Room for Improvement

Comments: Overall, it is a great experience that I've had with Google Docs, as well as other Google Apps! But, because I use the Google Docs app the most on my day-to-day at work, it makes it really the best one, as well as more enjoyable and painless to have the app work so well and cater to so many of my needs.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to access, as well as how easy it is to use. If you already have a Google Account set up, the Google Docs is so easy to find in the Google Apps options, mainly because the graphic/button is so clear on what it is - it's a little document cartoon! Additionally, if there's something I'm unsure about, I can easily use the "Help" button in the toolbar to figure out how to do what I'm looking for, with it highlighting exactly where to find it so it not only solves it for me but shows me how to find and access it next time. Finally, it's really aesthetically pleasing and the formatting options are great for both first-time-users, as well as more advanced Google App users. Overall, I'm so happy to be using Google Docs because for my job, I have to use it daily, and it makes it so much more enjoyable to do my job if I'm able to easily use the tools given to me.

Cons:

One thing that I think Google Docs can improve on, is the function of the cursors and doc when multiple people are using it at once. A lot of the time when my colleagues and I are all taking notes on one doc, the formatting easily can get messed up because we're all writing on it at once. I'm unsure how this can be improved, but I think that switching to so you can't be writing on the same line would be super helpful! Like disabling two cursors from typing at the same time on the same line or something?

Khalid
Khalid
writer - content marketing team in India
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

DOCUMENT EDITING & SHARING made easy

Comments: My overall experience with app/software/SAAS can be summed in the following points:A. The given app/software/SAAS has been solving the following business problems :- online document creation- landing page creation- promotional material- creation and storage of company policies- using it as best tool to educate and convince clientsB. i have been able to realize the following benefits with the help of the given app/software/SAAS :- sharing of docs with my employee for better productivity- i can collaborate on budget data with my staff and colleagues- create enhanced doc version using collaboration and chat feature- create brand promotion image easily- can get the sales, budget, and other documents edited in real-time

Pros:

Pros : i found the following features as most impactful:- online editing- all format saving- offline & online mode available- best grammar tools- best editing tool Yes the product is quite easy to use for: - creating doc file- sharing with frind or others- seamless connectivity with other tools- automatic saving - can be used to create marketing landing pageYes i was successfully able to implement the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes quite smoothly and easily as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides..

Cons:

Cons : I found the following features that were either missing or could be improved:- fonts compatibility with microsoft word- availability of word like features- more designs required- limited space for document storageI found the following features or aspects of the product that are difficult to use:- dependent on internet - limited tools- google docs not compatible with word- difficult to write books without consuming huge storage-No, the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes not so much difficult as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides.

Abhishek
Abhishek
Owner in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Google docs user review

Comments: I am in love with the Google docs. My team can create documents and share can share with me in no time. I can check and very the document and also I can write the comments wherever needed. This makes our work faster and complete the work quickly. I also can monitor who is writing to the document. Same document can used to write and review by multiple people at the same time.

Pros:

Google docs is very easy to use. Creating a document and sharing with your team members is one of the great features. Your team members can also write the comment of the matter written with changing the original content, which makes it very helpful to keep the document updated. The most important feature is it saves the content written automatically so that data will be safe if in case the document is accidentally closed. You can import any MS word document by going to file and import document. One can also export the document to MS world and pdf. Google docs also has a feature to add charts to showcase the data. It has great features and pre created templates. You can choose templates from list of pre created templates according to your needs, it saves most of your time and efforts. You can save your time in creating and updating the document with Google docs.

Cons:

It needs an active internet connection to use the Google docs. You cannot use Google docs offline.

Daniel
Systems Engineer and Analyst in US
Defense & Space, 201–500 Employees

The standard for collaborative document management

Comments: The benefits are almost beyond description, online learning would quite literally not be the same without this.

Pros:

Concurrent editing with multiple users across the world becomes effortles, and happens almost without a thought. Simultaneous contribution from disparate areas is indispensable for academic, professional, and personal uses. The enterprise and academic implementations carry all of the same power as the open GMail versions and the default permissions sets are remarkably powerful for broader permission sets. In terms of comparisons to existing services, Google Docs leaves most of them in the dust (looking at you SharePoint...) and has continued to improve over time. The implementations of additional tools (such as Paperpile for academic uses) further expands the capability - although sticking with continually updated and supported tools is going to be preferable.

Cons:

The biggest 'con' isn't actually a con - the expectation of such effortless collaboration become pervasive, and moving back to networks that do not allow for Google Docs collaboration become frustrating by comparison, which is an astonishing way of describing how transformational the GDocs capability is for most users. As far as actual cons, the feature management and UI does seem vary over time, which for some users can be quite a bit frustration. The biggest in-application limitation I've found is that the Chat isn't persistent, but the only way of discovering this is the hard way - namely losing valuable information that isn't stored anywhere. In practice the workaround of using comments for the same function is not really problematic, but implementing a chat where collaboration is a stated goal but not having persistent messages feels incredibly myopic. Small complaints include the shared noise with Hangouts - as a user it's intuitive to understand that the same underlying platform enables both, however stovepiping the two functionally yet failing to leverage a lot of the side benefits of the Hangouts platform is an easy solution that may yet be implemented, but at the time of the review it is not. The support applications, particularly smaller niche ones will break from time to time, which is unfortunate. Finally, the offline and mobile versions do vary in terms of quality of UI flow, although it's a familiar enough setup for android users to intuit.