• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5

About Clubhouse

Clubhouse is a fast project management platform built for today's software team. All core features are free for teams up to 10 users.

Learn more about Clubhouse

Showing 25 reviews of 149

Lagin A.
Account Executive
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"hot new social networking application"

Comments: Overall the experience is great! and I am excited to see it grow.

Pros: I love it's exclusivity! Having to be invited by a member makes it just that much more desirable to get on. It's fun being able to directly interact with celebrities, movers and shakers, and influencers. The rooms are set up according to interest which is great as well.

Cons: The thing I least like about it is the fact that it's invite only. It's kind of a love hate with that aspect. So many of my friends want to join and I know they would find the content useful but cant join due to limited inviting options.

by Clubhouse on 18/12/2020

Hi Lagin - We are a project management tool for software development teams, not the voice chat social app with the same name. While a 5-star review is nice, we can't claim the credit here :)

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Ezra S.
Customer Support Engineer at Appointlet
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"A visually pleasant alternative to Pivotal Tracker"

Comments: Overall my experience with Clubhouse has been great. It's got a nice UI and is intuitive.

Pros: The biggest win for me personally in the switch to Clubhouse was simply having a nice user interface to look at when dealing with tickets.

Cons: The only issue I've had so far has been that I'm not always aware when a ticket has been reviewed. As a customer success manager, I file ticket reports and sometimes they get closed without my being alerted. We've attempted to solve this with a slack integration but I'm not sure that it's working as expected. Also, it would be nice if they didn't use markdown when you uploaded an image to a ticket comment.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
  • Reviewed on 2/4/2020

"Simplest Project Management tool in our business"

Comments: It's the best tool for our software engineering team

Pros: It's super simple and opinionated in all the right ways. The user interface is extremely fast and responsive.

Cons: My only ask would be to view EPICS in the stories view but it is a minor annoyance. Integration with our documentation

• Reviewed on 2/4/2020
Zachary D.
Head of Development
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"A perfect balance between the complexity of JIRA and the looseness of Trello"

Comments: Years ago we started with JIRA, it did the job, but was so complex to administrate that we could not adjust and reaccess our process as we learned and grew. So we moved to Trello. Trello allowed a large amount of freedom to try new ideas on how we work. However, in the end, it was frustrating that Trello did not understand what software development was, and we had to rely on hacks to get proper reporting and insights. That led us to Clubhouse, which is a nice happy medium. It is opinionated on what software development looks like, but it gives just the right amount of flexibility so we can adjust as needed.

Pros: * It embraces the modern development process
* It's fast and responsive
* Almost all you need is in one screen
* It has multiple layers of organization (story, epic, milestone)

Cons: * The higher layers of organization do not 100% align with our process
* Some features are not available on different layers and it seems arbitrary. For example, you can't get a burn down on a sprint if that Sprint is not tracked as a "milestone". So if you are using Milestones to track large scale projects (maybe quarter goals or multi-epic initiatives) you have no way to track how your Sprint is going. Either they need a first-class Sprint concept, or allow burn downs on labels.

Benjamin B.
Sr. Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/4/2019

"A Reliable, Scalable, Continuously Improved Product"

Pros: As a product manager, I love the usability of Clubhouse (CH). Having come from competitive products such as JIRA, Rally, Pivotal Tracker, etc., CH feels far more intuitive and the user workflows well thought through. I greatly appreciate the ongoing development by the CH team. It's always a pleasure seeing regular alerts come in with rather material improvements.

Cons: Greater attention to how cross-team and cross-account collaborate using the software is a gap for me. Our business has a 2 or 3 different CH accounts mainly due to security needs (limiting certain access for groups of individuals). Which leads me to an additional thought which is, the ability to configure more granular security levels within CH is limited. Especially for an organization working predominantly with enterprise customers, we tend to have highly regulated standards related to third-party approved solutions.

• Reviewed on 26/4/2019
Kevin l. H.
Head of Engineering
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Excellent agile tool for single or multiple teams"

Comments: We're a small team that had difficulty with roadmapping and mid-term planning with Trello, yet all strongly dislike the overhead and UI of Jira so we figured we'd give Clubhouse a shot, if it worked great, if not it was a worthwhile experiment. After switching we have no plans to move or gripes with Clubhouse and how it currently works. We've adapted our product planning to fit Clubhouse for the better as it brought just enough structure without being way over the top. Highly recommend this product!

Pros: Clubhouse has been really easy to onboard to, curate our roadmap of epics and milestones, track stories across projects, itemize our projects (website vs marketing vs platform vs api vs apps) and segment our work across them but rolling up under the related epics with per project/epic/milestone velocity reporting.

Cons: Figuring out the expected associations between Projects, Milestones -> Epics and how it fits into your product structure took a little trial and error. The main thing I like the least is that as a developer, I'm part of several teams (segmented by Product, Engineering, and Marketing, etc) each with different workflows, and that means I lack a continuous backlog to know "whats next" - I end up having to check each Team to do some mental prioritization to know whats next.

Diego T.
QA specialist
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2019

"Clubhouse for QA"

Comments: Really good software and great support for integrations. It takes some time for a user to get used to it.

Pros: It provides integrations with Slack and other platforms so it's very easy to stay on top of every project. It does improve the workflow by making the information well organized. The epic feature works quite well for organized development.

Cons: It's a bit complicated to use at the beginning. The searching filter feature is not easy to use it doesn't work most of the time. It's really hard to search for a specific keyword to get me on the whole software.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2019
Customer Success Representative
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2018

"Clubhouse, worth the membership!"

Pros: I like the fact that clubhouse gives me the ability to see what is being worked on a by who. I work remotely and find that sometimes my co-workers (who are in different timezones) are offline and I cannot reach them immediately. Clubhouse has a great communication system built into a worlds best ticket system.

Cons: I don't have any cons really. The one thing I would like to see from clubhouse is possible more filtering options and a better way to report on bugs that we have.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2018
Salesforce Admin
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

"Clubhouse for marketing—GREAT"

Comments: As a small marketing team supporting a fast growing company, our plates are often full of tasks of all different sizes. We have tried managing those tasks in other platforms but discovered a lot of headaches along the way. Clubhouse has given us the ability to be as flexible as we need & keep track of any kind of task.

Pros: The layout is so simple & ease to understand. Compared to other planning projects I've used, Clubhouse doesn't hurt the eyes! It's also just flexible enough without requiring a lot of backend building—perfect for a marketing team running scrum planning.

Cons: None. I really, really like what Clubhouse has helped us do in terms of task planning & management.

Aleksandar M.
Data Analyst
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/5/2019

"Project Management tool for You"

Comments: We are a big company with lots of teams, so Clubhouse helps us a lot with team collaboration and keeping track of the workflow and progress.

Pros: Clubhouse is a great project management software, that offers lots of optimization and organization for your tasks and projects. It is very easy to use, with an awesome user interface, it really is collaboration in a nutshell.

Cons: One of the few things that I can mention is the navigation through it, it can be somewhat difficult sometimes.

• Reviewed on 23/5/2019
Eric V.
Director of IT Ops
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Flexible Agile PM Software"

Comments: Clubhouse has been amazing for our teams and it's helped us to have more visibility into our agile processes. Clubhouse is also constantly innovating and new features come out very frequently that help us even more.

Pros: One of the best things about this software is the ease of use as well as the ability to customize your own workflows.

Cons: There isn't a well documented set a best practices. We tried a couple of different ways of doing things before we found what the recommended best practices were.

Customer Success
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Invaluable for managing big projects with lots of contributors"

Comments: We use clubhouse for many things. Feature requests, bug tracking, project management for short and long term cycles. It's a very well thought-out way of managing projects and teams at scale.

Pros: Clubhouse is really build with software development projects in mind. It has many ways of displaying the items that teams are working on, and powerful filters to keep the workspace from getting cluttered.

Cons: It is something that takes time to manage. You have to check in with your stories and epics regularly and make sure to keep your information updated. It's worth the time, however.

Albert J.
Data Scientist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Great tool to organize projects and teams"

Comments: It help the company to better keep track of tasks and also allow for multi-team connectivity.

Pros: - The different granularities of projects. E.g. the distribution in Epics and Stories.
- Smart way of keeping track of processes.
- Easy to connect and sync with GitHub, Slack and other platforms.

Cons: - The formatting of the Stories, it is difficult to write reports visually appealing.

Maddy M.
Head of growth & education
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"The Best Project Management Program I've Tried"

Pros: Clubhouse makes it easy to create cards from templates, to follow cards I don't own, and to track progress on larger projects with epics of collected stories. The Slack integration keeps the team informed, promotes visibility of work progress to teams, and reduces reliance on email updates. I recommend Clubhouse to every small business owner I know.

Cons: I wish tasks had dates, but otherwise no drawbacks.

Adria R.
Senior Data Scientist
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Great task management for small company"

Pros: The fact of keeping track of other's teams in the company work. With the previous task management tools we weren't able to do it.

Cons: I remember the first day my boss proposed to start using Clubhouse I was opposed since it looked really complex at the first sight. After using it for a month, I switched my mind since the learning curve takes time but the user can get really familiar with it.

Alan N.
CTO

"Clubhouse"

Comments: PDE workflows

Pros: - good speed
- amazing API
- love the rebrand

Cons: - lack of sprints
- lack of good "bulk edit" options for labels
- epics don't quite work the way i want them to
- can't remove the ability to point chores and bugs

Bigi L.
Senior Software Engineer
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/9/2019

"Overall way better than Asana"

Comments: Can get things done relatively easily even with the complexity of the software.

Pros: Much lighter weight compared to Asana and a bit less complicated. Still complex (like any project management software) but at least it's easier to use and figure stuff out than Asana.

Cons: Still relatively complex. Why can't project management software be simple? So many views and so many features.

• Reviewed on 18/9/2019
Nate S.
Account Executive
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Highly Recommend!"

Pros: Ease of use and it helps our company stay organized and on track!

Cons: There aren't really any cons that I can think of at the moment.

Mirza J.
Senior QA Engineer
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Clubhouse"

Comments: I would use Clubhouse over other project management tools any day.

Pros: Simplified project management board without all of the clunky features that more enterprise solutions offer.

Cons: Missing the ability to create sprints and sprint boards, having to rely on well groomed backlog and labels.

Fernanda L.
Customer Success Champion

"Life saver!"

Pros: Clubhouse helps us keep organized and fits right in with all our teams. Also, it's super easy to use!

Cons: Sometimes using markup to write up the cards can be a little confusing but it's nothing major.

Roman Z.
SW Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2019

"SW Developer review"

Comments: So far it has helped me to increase productivity and improve team collaboration

Pros: Status flow of the stories and that they can be linked together.

Cons: Sometimes when we have too many stories the workflow can get messy.

• Reviewed on 17/6/2019
Back-End Engineer
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/4/2019

"Easy to use"

Pros: The workflow is straight-forward, with good customisability and team collaboration

Cons: Visually there is a lot of noise in the main index. The colour scheme is not particularly pleasant.

• Reviewed on 30/4/2019
Kiril P.
Order Processing Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: Easy to use, user-friendly, you don't need any special training to be able to work on it.

Pros: I use it to track different stories and bug reports about the other software that we are using within the company. The most appealing thing is that its user-friendly and I don't have to learn every detail about the software to be able to work on it.

Cons: I didn't find any feature that I dislike.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2019
James D.
Engineering Leadership

"Agile at it's best"

Comments: For all of us coming from monstrosities like Jira, etc we have all loved how easy it is to configure and use clubhouse. We really love that every entity type has velocity and burn down charts which have allowed us to use this tool in a very fluid way (much like how we build software).

Pros: We love the overall flexibility that allows us to run our workflows very dynamically without having to adhere to a very regimented structure.

Cons: Naming conventions and relations are a little strange to start, however once you get that down and understand the flexibility it creates it is awesome.

Director of Education
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/4/2019

"Works great for my team!"

Pros: Very easy to use, and fits in with how my team uses the software.

Cons: There is a lot of information on one page, so it can make it hard to sort through at times.