15 years helping Irish businesses

ConstructionOnline Reviews

About ConstructionOnline

Trusted by +850,000 pros as the all-in-one construction management software designed to help finish jobs on time and under budget.

Learn more about ConstructionOnline

Pros:

Overall its easy to navigate and they don't put a whole bunch of things that you will never use. They really do work hard to make it easy for us.

Cons:

The App that comes along with it gets stuck on a screen or 2 but I am working on that with the UDA team.

ConstructionOnline ratings

4.3
4.8
4.3
4.5

8.8/10

ConstructionOnline has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 506 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConstructionOnline before?

Rean
Rean
President in US

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Comments: Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

Pros:

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

Cons:

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Nick

6 months in and starting to love it

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was intuitive to set up but also very labor intensive. Took me about eight weeks of 60 hour days to get the basics up and running.

Pros:

Selections Easy to use Similar enough to others that users can learn it very quickly. Scheduling looks like it’s going to work very well. Would like to see scheduling by the hour not just by the day.

Cons:

Payroll doesn’t import as they don’t link to Quickbooks online Doesn’t track subcontractor insurance policies Doesn’t provide lien waivers so we have to use a third system to get that No bid management system for gathering subcontractor bids, selecting and awarding subcontracts. It’s all very manual and thus very prone to error.

Ray
Project Director in US

Construction Online

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The product is easy to use provides a great user friendly tool to manage projects.

Pros:

The app is user friendly, overall easy to use and train, has almost every Project Management tool that a construction Project Manager will need.

Cons:

Very basic estimating tool, very basic scheduling tool, very poor billing, invoice management and cost tracking

Walter
Project Lead in US

What I like with UDA

Comments: I have been super happy with UDA and its ease of use.

Pros:

I really like the scheduling and messaging features of UDA. I find that it is so much better when all involved in decisions are all getting the same info in real time. I also really like the Redline planning room. It is the best blueprint reader I have ever used.

Cons:

I feel like this is more of a internal matter with our company but I think that a lot of the features of UDA are unused as they are meant for much bigger, commercial, companies and projects. I think that if the features could be customized for the company and its needs.

Nick
Senior Project Manager in US

Constrction Online User Review

Comments: MY overall experience is a B+. I have really enjoyed this software and will continue to implement it throughout my career.

Pros:

CO has been a major success within our company in regard to organization and communication.

Cons:

There are a lot of features that have proven to be a bit tricky to fully understand. Scheduling is an example. I have found it difficult to fully grasp the predecessors and start vs finish date shifting.

Derek
Foreman Project Manager in US

UDA Project Management and Estimating

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

We are able to upload all of the project docs and mark up in one place in stead of searching emails and other submittals. When a template is complete and we are comfortable using it, estimating becomes much easier than spreadsheets. We can track projects in real time when the field is remembering to upload items as they’re being completed.

Cons:

When we upload plans it creates individual pages for a project, I wish the full drawling sets were more easily accessible.

Amanuel
Commissioning Specialist in US
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ConstructionOnline

3.0 last month New

Pros:

I find the platform's user-friendly interface to be a notable feature, contributing to improved overall accessibility and navigation.

Cons:

While ConstructionOnline offers many valuable features, one aspect that could be enhanced is the speed of certain processes. There were instances where response times were not as prompt as desired. Improving the speed and efficiency of certain functionalities would further enhance the overall user experience.

Wanda
Account Manager in US

New Employee review

5.0 last month New

Comments: No complaints at all. Construction Online has really made my transition easy.

Pros:

Ease of use. With a short click through example scenario I was able to use Construction Online with ease. It really is obvious where to find what you need. As easy as filling in the blanks for most of what I have needed to execute.

Cons:

Thus far I do not see anything I would change except.......this company doesn't take advantage of every feature. If we did use all the features I'm sure life would be even easier.

David J
Site Superintendent in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great software for contractors, project managers and developers!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, ConstructionOnline hosts a great user experience and I’m thankful to have it for my work as a site superintendent.

Pros:

ConstructionOnline is a great software for managing projects and has improved consistency and productivity across the board. Thankful to have this invaluable tool in our hands!

Cons:

The mobile experience is a little difficult to use since the software is so robust. The app is usable, but sometimes glitches and needs some upgrades to ease of use.

Dominic
Carpenter in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great app for residential construction

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to go between features on the app when on the go.

Cons:

Im not very tech savy. I ultimately prefer a set of prints.

Lauren
Construction Coordinator in US

ConstructionOnline increased our productivity

Comments: It was a little slow going at first, but we are picking up speed. We got an assistant project manager fresh out of school who is adding more information on the technical side of things. On the client side, we are loving the fast, clear, professional communication with our clients, and being able to estimate and send invoices with a few clicks. We are going to continue to add things as we go, and I think after a year we will look up and wonder at what we have been able to accomplish with Construction Online.

Pros:

This has been a huge upgrade for us in terms of productivity. We are an older company that has stuck to the same way of doing things for a very long time. Construction Online was fairly simple to implement. We like the flexibility of the system, where we can use the features to suit our needs.

Cons:

I don't like the added steps we have to take to add any text to an invoice. I would like a feature similar to what we have in estimating, where I can add a signing page.

Kenneth
Construction Manager in Barbados

Big Fan!!!

Pros:

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

Cons:

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

Casey
Marketing Project Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Powerful software with a learning curve

Comments: The biggest benefit is everything being in one place.

Pros:

The selection picker is definitely something we use a lot and helps keep the myriad of selections in a home organized, such that they can be sliced and diced by trade/room etc. Redline plan room we've recently starting using. The ability to do our own takeoffs is super handy. More than any feature, the support you get is invaluable. The team is always ready and willing to help you figure out how to use the software to meet your goals. The ability to have a set of shared plans is super helpful, as you can make field modifications in real time and have them reflected on all your coworkers plans as well, and vice-versa.

Cons:

Construction Online doesn't *look* as user-friendly as say, Trello or Monday.com, but it has all the features and more. It takes considerable training to take advantage of all the capabilities and that makes it hard to adopt across a team that's busy doing other things. Making a lot of the features more user-friendly interface like would help. Bite-sized training, like pre-recorded sessions that introduce users to functions in an organized way, building on previous lessons would be helpful. The support is very helpful and willing to help you get started, but you need to know what you want to accomplish for them to guide you there. Starting fresh, you don't even know what you want yet.

Johanna
Office Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

Comments: So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Pros:

I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Cons:

A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

Hector

Lost with out it!

Comments: I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

Pros:

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

Cons:

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Brenda
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

7 Years and Still Running!

Pros:

The app for the field has been a game changer for us. It bridged a gap between our office staff and the field staff in ways I didn't know would happen. Recently, integrating with QB has also blown my mind at how fast the PM in the field can see the project actual costs. He is now able to make those hard decisions much more quickly and with confidence.

Cons:

The only thing that comes to mind is I wish there was an event log or something we can reference when changes are made. I also wish there was an automated numbering system for estimates.

Krista
Design Admin in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

A helpful, one stop shop platform

Comments: Some business items we do with Construction Online is tracking our client's selections for their projects. Whether it is a kitchen remodel, ADU or a new barn or shop, I can do it all on UDA. It tracks their allowances and costs and lets them see all their choices they've made.

Pros:

We use Construction Online to upload and showcase our client's selections for their residential projects. I love how it shows the "Selections Overage Summary" Our client's really like to see the running total as well. Oh and one other thing that is probably my favorite feature is the "picker tool!" It is so helpful and convenient!

Cons:

That it can take a while to load sometimes, but that may just be my computer.

Rebecca
Accounting Tech in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Northern Legendary Review

Comments: I am setting it up to integrate properly with our Quickbooks software through the Socket function, and I really enjoy how the two connect. It seems to integrate well with quick books as long as you understand how the QB items work.

Pros:

I like the integration capabilities with Quickbooks, it's very easy to use. I also really enjoy the estimate templates and cost code set up. They are very easy to customize and make to fit your company needs.

Cons:

It needs equipment management!! There is a lot out there for estimating, project management and accounting integration, but there isn't much for equipment costing and tracking. Sage 100 features this and I think your software would go even further if you introduced equipment management as well. I also would like an option to not have a parent account when setting up an estimate into quick books, I aslo feel it could merge with the Chart of accounts a little better as well, the generic 'income' and 'expense' account could be made to fit the COA a little bit better.

Mark
Designer/Technology Manager in US

Helpful Construction Software

Comments: The support service for this software has been friendly, timely, and very helpful. We have been very impressed with the quality of their solutions.

Pros:

We like its ease of use. Additionally the internet platform makes it available to all of our employees wheterh they are in the office or not.

Cons:

We would like to see the estimating portion use a single item entry system that could include labor, materials, trades, equipment and other costs in one line item in the database. The Construction Suite product does this. This feature is the only reason we are still using the Construction Suite software and have not moved completely to COL.

Jorge
Co- Founder/ Project Manager in US

This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools.

Pros:

There is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's. The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.

Cons:

There are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room. The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.

Christina
Office Manager in US

Organization is key

Comments: I am truly happy with CO. We’ve had the chance to switch but we see no reason to. UDA offer’s everything we need

Pros:

Being able to keep all of our projects well organized helps my entire staff stay on track. Nothing is more important to us and our clients than staying on schedule and in budget

Cons:

I am totally satisfied with CO, compared to other software it’s very easy to navigate and the customer service help is amazing

Robert
Senior Project Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online.

Comments: UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Pros:

Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Cons:

Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

Cody
Owner / Operator in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Best construction app so far.

Comments: It just really helps me to stay on top of, and keep an eye on things.

Pros:

Keeping track of progress on several different jobsites when I can't physically be there.

Cons:

Everyone likes free stuff. Everybody wants something for nothing these days. Maybe throw out some swag once in a while. Pencils, shirts, hats?

Darrell

Construction Online

Comments: When we complete the estimate, we know the exact cost for that job.

Pros:

the estimating is by far the best. The existing template keeps me from overlooking an item. The ability to list every piece of lumber needed for estimate puts Construction Online above most other estimating programs. The ability to choose percent of cost or margin is a great benefit.

Cons:

When entering the name of an item it would help if when it is clicked it would go directly to the description tab next instead of going directly to the quantity tab.

Edgar
Project Manager in US

Siglo D&C Review

Comments: I've been using UDA Construction Suite desktop and online platforms and have been extremely satisfied with my overall experience throughout.

Pros:

Estimating features and ease of use of interface and its components.

Cons:

Takeoff integrations into industry standard AE platforms.