quality opensource

Virgilio B.
CIO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros: I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons: from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Excellent software

Conrad S.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: In general terms I have been using Dolibarr for many years, I have never had problems with the software which has helped me to keep a very good control of my company, since the first time I installed it on my server and started to enter data I have I've been loving this wonderful tool. As I mentioned in previous points, Dolibarr has an ease of use and learning far superior to other software

Pros: In my experience and based on other softwares that I have used such as MFG / Pro, Softland, SAP / MM among others, I believe that Dolibarr has many virtues such as that it is free, very intuitive, easy to use, and you can maintain a Good traceability of information, even more so if user roles are configured, excellent control of the company can be achieved.

Cons: Difficult question, since I personally like it very much, what if I consider a detail that there are modules that should be default in dolibarr and not be sold, as an example the reports should be in each module already parameterized correctly, and what another is the connection to the SII (Chile)

Dolibarr the Opensource ERP for your startup

Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Adel B.
Managing Director
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a startup we were able to consolidate all our business information and flows in one single cloud accessible format. This enabled our business to capitalize on its experiences and track records leading to great time saving and higher professional throughput.

Pros: Dolibarr is simple and straightforward to implement. The users find it intuitive and therefore ramp up quickly on its routines. The support community is also great to find answers to your questions and bugs. Best of all, the value for money is unbeatable!

Cons: Documentation could be limited in some areas but that is normal on an opensource solution. The good news is that you don't need it as much since everything is almost intuitive. It would be great to have a full mobile App with the Opensource package.

Why use Dolilbarr

Mehdi B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I started my small office 5 years ago and Dolibarr helped me through all the processes in project commercial and leads and accounting management. Then when my skills where enough to become a service provider and trainer and remote support for Dolibarr Users in Morocco and abroad. Now i work with a friend, a very skilled consultant in IT, on industrial projects based on Dolibarr with GPAO/GMAO worklows ... and so on ..

Pros: Dllibarr is written like a website, so it's lightweight and powerfull. More, we have new major version each 6 month, thanks to an active and well organized community team driven By [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a good forum for helping users advanced or not.

Cons: 5 years ago the updates where slow, but now we have a new major version each 6 months

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Reviewed on 9/12/2019
Josep lluís A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros: Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop.
Very easy to install in most common hostings.
Good and open community.
Free licence GPL.

Cons: More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Good solution

Bruno T.
IT Consultant
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I’m managing my company for the offers, invoices,... I’m also an integrator of Dolibarr for the clients in Belgium.

Pros: The simplicity is unbelievable. Everyone, without a particular formation can use it. It’s expendable endlessly.

Cons: Setup of new documents in PDF is tricky. Technical knowledge is essential.

simplicity

Paul M.
Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience with dolibarr was very satisfactory from the beginning, its simplicity of use and its friendly environment made me decide to use this software.

Pros: There are many reasons that I will try to point out
• Easy to install in any local or cloud environment
• Very fast learning curve
• As standard it comes with almost everything a company needs
• It has very good external modules to complete my requirements
• It's free
• Can be used even in a shared hosting
• Updates and improvements are fast
• I just love it

Cons: • You do not have electronic commerce in the same application
• Website configuration is not easy

Perfect CRM

Reviewed on 4/10/2019
Daniel G.
IT
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros: - The system is a webbased CRM Suite
- there are many modules for different cases
- the system hast it's own Customer Portal
- Own API

Cons: - Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Joel C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Good

Pros: Can enable and disable modules. Active development. Active plugin community. Packaged for Debian, easy upgrade. Very customizable.

Cons: I wish there was better documentation on how to use as well as how to modify/create plugins

Excellent choice for Small & Medium Businesses

Reviewed on 12/9/2017
John O.
Jefe de Sistemas y Procesos Industriales
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This cloud Open Source CRM & ERP Sofware is an excellent choice for SMB Businesses. I have been working with Dolibarr for more than 3 years now. It has improved enormously since I started using it, and it keeps growing every release, displaying beautiful new functionalities. It has a large global community, and therefore there is plenty experience to share among users and partners.

Cons: It still has some features to develop, like Planning and Forecasting, and some details related such as recurrent events in the Calendar, which are not covered yet, but I understand that these are considered in the product roadmap as new enhancements.

I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business.

Bérengère C.
sales and communication manager
Customer Support

Pros: We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution.
Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities.
With Dolibarr you have the choice:
- Free download of the software and do the installation yourself
- Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr)
- Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance.
The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons: The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

Dolibarr an open source CRM&ERP

Nicolas B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Dolibarr on a daily basis to do my quotes, order and billing. I follow my client, the latest emails exchange or bill I sent. I can consult my overall reports for the month/trimester/year easily. I use it for every aspect of the life of my company.

Pros: Is is easy to use and intuitive in its functionnality. With 2 new versions every year there is at the same time stability and progress in the end user experience visually and in the new features every version brings.

Cons: as every change of software, the hardest part is to get used to it, but once you are used to it, it is easy to navigate, work and find information ;)

TPE, PME, association Dolibarr is for you

Alain G.
Telecommunications, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: To manage our activity with a commercial in a town, a technical team in another country and a financial manager on the road, DOLIBARR is a tool located on a IONOS server. We are able to work together and to follow the activity in real time, to be able to estimate VAT, margin, ...
Each time an update is done we do not loos any data.
The ability to have a screen in one language to a user and the documents in another language is very usefull.

Pros: The modularity , the reactivity of the development team, the general concept.

Cons: The update is a too log process but in the other hand a very secure one.

Software developers' delight

Reviewed on 16/9/2018
Sk J.
BUSINESS PARTNER
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: If you have a web hosting, you can install this software through your web hosting account and then access the same anywhere on the cloud. You can also choose the option to download this software on your PC (Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora-Redhat-Mandriva). Liked the modular approach that helps select run only the modules one need. Being a free, open source software, it is software developers' delight. For instance, right now, GST is a hot market in India. Why not come out with your own GST module! There is Dolistore where software developers can market their developed module.

Cons: Although basic ERP needs of small and medium enterprises are well met, if you immediately want a feature-rich software that helps comply with the existing federal setup of your region, it will need customization which may require adding/tweaking codes. For instance in India as part of the mandatory GST compliance, one needs a specific GST module which is not present with the shipped version.

Established since three years, I was looking for an easy and complete software to manage my company

César A.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My company is managed with Dolibarr and I am very happy to use it for this purpose since the creation of my company.

Pros: Easy to use, no very hard installation needed, backup and restore very easy, complete solution for ERP/CRM, in constant evolution. When you know nothing in these kind of software, you learn very quickly to use Dolibarr without help. Very intuitive, light and performing. I have tried other commercial solutions but I stayed with Dolibarr

Cons: You have to learn the use of Dolibarr on your own because there is no customer support (but the forum can help you whenever you have some issue).

A REALLY GREAT ERP

Reviewed on 10/12/2019
German M.
FREELANCER
Graphic Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: IT IS OPEN SOURCE, MODULATED AND SCALABLE

Cons: I THINK THAT THE USABILITY CAN BE IMPROVED

Use the software for 14 years now because of it's stability. That's why we advise it to our clients

Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Theo J.
Associate IT Consultant
Customer Support

Pros: Userfriendly program with a lot of options which you can activate just when you need them. Specific business needs can be realised by customize the modules without any programming skills. A very flexible program with a lot of potential for the future.

Cons: Graphic interface style is outdated. Improvement of the UI in next release would be nice.
The calendar lacks the option for recurring appointments.
Because there is no customer support, we decided to make our own manuals & organize user-sessions to support our clients with the Dolibarr product.

PRODUCTION

Reviewed on 7/12/2019
Yaakoubi S.
Chemicals, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used it for more then 7 years, but I have a very small business and a cooperative, I had three problems with it. First I lost my database one because I had payment problems. and Now my second problem is that I can not use it for production and third stock is not very straight forward. I get lost with virtual and physical, when I send a proforma invoice or order and it doesnt take and I want to correct, I always get lost.

Pros: It is Easy to use, very stable. I can use it from anywhere.

Cons: can not be used for production unit. I have a cooperative and I need to track my stock of ingredients that i use in production

An easy to use solution with a complete ecosystem

Reviewed on 4/3/2017
Laurent D.
Developer
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I choosed to use and provide to my customers Dolibarr ERP CRM because it is an easy to use solution that can fits all companies profiles. This is a powerfull business suite with thousand of applications (billing, orders, stock, agenda, emailing, purchase orders, projects, expense reports, ...).
There is also a very active ecosystem of other companies, addons to complete the solution.
Then, it is eas for a developer company to enhance the application to provide new features with specific development.

Pros: Easy to use
A lot of feature

Cons: No direct customer support. Need to have a contract with a partner

Swiss knife

Norbert P.
Project leader
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We solved delivery, amazon dialogue, dematerialization, multi-currencies, email integration, KPI reviews, etc

Pros: Everything can be done with Dolibarr, it's a swiss knife.
We have implemented solutions that were outside of the core features with ease.
For the price of a licensed ERP, you can have a customized ERP fitting your business.

Cons: It's designed to be extendable, you cannot miss a functionality.

Best in class

Reviewed on 8/12/2019
Christian H.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have a good usage for stock, customer invoices and suppliers - account would be next;

Pros: We reviewed a lot of different erp systems and checked about ease of installation, maintenance and usability- dolibarr was best in class in all segments; we ate only missing a reliable support and a good documentation for the Interfaxes and extensions;

Cons: Support and documentation;we need an interface for edifact and Workflows

My review

John C.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Total accounting for the business

Pros: It was easy to import the data from another application using an excel spreadsheet
The online capabilities to be used anywhere without installing software on the computer
Easy to create and generate reports

Cons: Can't think of any at the momentthat would detract from it.

Using it since august 2003 (14y!) easy to use

Arie O.
Boss
Customer Support

Pros: Dolibarr is easy to use, evolves regularly thanks to a generous team of developers. I use it almost every day. It is not limited in the number of users who have the right to connect. Dolibarr can be installed on a hosted or dedicated server, on the internet or locally. It suits me perfectly. The fact that it is a whole web solution, allows to be cross-platform.

Dolibarr & us

Stefano M.
account manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: with dolibarr we can monitor customers, suppliers and leads, to get economic reports on turnover and company profits. Many others tools help to follows company initiative like mass mail, ticketing and technical interventions.

Pros: dolibarr is easy to use customizable, fast page loading and is ideal for a small business

Cons: poor adherence to Italian tax rules and poor integration among external modules

Dolibarr user since 2011. Now i manage my training center with two agencies with ease... No doubt...

Olivier A.
Customer Support

Pros: Simple to : install, configure, use, and update... As computer scientist, i also like th ease to move dolibarr across servers and so on.

Cons: not able to hide field by configuration. Can be very easy by générating css to hide some field having a checkbox field list to show or hide a field. But for that : fields must have an id in html... And it's not the case.