15 years helping Irish businesses

Vonage Business Communications Reviews

About Vonage Business Communications

Affordable, Easy and Reliable VoIP Phone System - Mobile Integration, Web & Video Conferencing and 40+ business critical features.

Learn more about Vonage Business Communications

Pros:

Vonage is extremely helpful in our day-to-day operations because we can quickly pull up numbers and copy them over onto our scheduling/client platform to see which clients called immediately.

Cons:

We are still working on our fax numbers. Porting the number from our previous provider has proven difficult.

Vonage Business Communications ratings

4.1
3.7
4.1
3.8

7.3/10

Vonage Business Communications has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 308 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vonage Business Communications before?

Angela Paez,
Angela Paez,
GM in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Great product for small companies

Comments: Great!!! I definitely recommend this software and even though it might seem a bit more expensive than others in the market, their quality is definitely worth it.

Pros:

It is an amazing product for small companies. It has several useful features that work great for your business needs. Compared to other similar software out there, Vonage is way more reliable for your communication needs.

Cons:

Even though we do love Vonage, sometimes getting in contact with customer service is a bit time consuming and tricky, but once you are connected to a customer service representative, you know you will get the help you need.

Jackson
Assistant Director in US
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

Vonage Review for Call Center

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We are still newer to Vonage, but it has been a good transition. They have been in communication with us and try to help us when we need it.

Pros:

It is an easy program for our agents and supervisors to learn and use. Provides a multitude of customizable options that work well with the integration to Salesforce. I enjoy their community hub that allows me as the manager, to be able to keep informed with updates and issues others are seeing, which is great transparency and 100% is a stress reliever to me.

Cons:

Still are some features that are not present yet such as reports that are helpful for nonprofit work and specific metrics within those, clean ways to monitor calls - wish there was a way to customize the page so I can see everything I need while monitoring, and we have had some hiccups here and there with the program, but for the most part have been able to troubleshoot in a timely manner.

Adam
COO in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Look elsewhere if considering Vonage (Telesphere)

Comments: Was ok, but got constantly overbilled and was horrendous when moving our business elsewhere. Stay away.

Pros:

Basic VOIP software that allowed us to easily have remote agents. In the later years was decently reliable.

Cons:

Support was horrendous. Would take forever to explain to the person what you needed. Would get constantly overbilled and have to spend hours going through the invoice and arguing to get it corrected. Billing was super convoluted. Would take several months to get a credit and our account managers would keep getting switched. Litterarrly had 5 different account managers in an 18 month period and had to start over with each of them on getting overbilled. Finally decided to move onto a different provider and then were told we owed a huge amount for Early Termination. Requested that they go back and review the entire history of overbilling us and they say they only go back 90 days. We stopped fighting with them on the bill each and every month as we were just ready to move on. One of our account managers told us there was no problem cancelling early and wouldnt be a fee. Of course we didnt get that in writing and that account manager no longer works for them. Bottom line, Vonage used to be the leader in VOIP but have been passed up by many other providers. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

CEO in US
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Vonage good service for the money

Comments: I used Vonage for the year before changing to another company who offered me a better price. I never had any issue with the service and it worked and was reliable it was just a little more for the options they offered.

Pros:

Cons:

Too much money for the options they offer. Some other company offer the same options for less money. Also Getting in touch with support is not as easy as other company's.

Rick
Rick
Owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Vonage Business Communications was just ok

Comments: It as meh. We were by no means enamoured by their customer service and we've moved on and been very happy with other VOIP services since. We've tested several services over the years and even changed a couple times in the last 15+ years but we would not go back to Vonage.

Pros:

Vonage Business Communications was fine. It checked most of the boxes and satisfied most of our needs. It was OK. It is just like any of the other business VOIP services out there.

Cons:

We did not like their customer service. A few years back we needed some help and they were mildly helpful and only at their discretion. Things may have changed by now but we won't go back.

Donald
Donald
CEO in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Poor Customer Service

Comments: I signed up with Vonage to get better customer service with setup and I did not get it as promised. They charged me for service even after I cancelled.

Pros:

The price wasn't unreasonalble for the services we needed.

Cons:

Customer service was difficult to get. They sent me an office phone that I couldn't use without an ethernet cable. My router is in another room. Later I found a router extender that I could use to connect the phone to the internet, but no one in tech support seemed to know that simple fix. Also they stated that you needed to cancel the auto renewal it needed 60 days advance notice. I did that only to find out that the request doesn't mean that you want them to not automatically charge your credit card for service. Even after I had my number ported out. Set up was not easy for me and I couldn't get good help from them. Their service was inconsistant. My wife and I both had the app on our cell phones but the calls would not always come though on both phones.

Walter
Director of Sales in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Definite a must for businesses.

Comments: Overall, I love using Vonage compared to RingCentral which I used in the past and wasn't too excited about. I would hands down recommend Vonage to clients and prospects

Pros:

Compared to what we were using before it is a big game changer.

Cons:

Honestly, I can't say if there is one. I love using it both on a MacBook and iPhone.

LACEY
COO in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

A Refreshing Change

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

While every VOIP has its problems, customer service with Vonage is outstanding. They never leave any tasks unfinished and no questions are left unanswered.

Cons:

The set up was tricky, but I am no phone analytics expert.

Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
Associate Recruitment Specialist in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

If you make heavy calls. Take this !

Comments: Overall experience has been very professional in my work space and lead me and my work to so many advancement and progress. .

Pros:

Generally I Liked everything about this software from Calling , recording , making heavy calls to Call conferencing among so many people . It’s accessible on desktop to iOS and android , voice quality of the Call is also very good !

Cons:

Probably nothing , loved almost everything about this software . I can’t find any replacement of this application or software until and unless it’s alive in the market !

Mirza
Mirza
Software Tester in Bosnia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

It's quite good - from a perspective of tester using a custom-conferencing Vonage based app

Comments: It helps in the rapid development of a certain type of app, like VoIP, so you don't have to re-invent the wheel and spend a lot of valuable development time.

Pros:

What I like the most are the API docs and the previews of the available implementations - you can use a demo conferencing app to have video and audio calls.

Cons:

There are occasional issues that are very hard to debug, especially in terms of audio quality drops - I hope you add more detailed logging for this in the future.

Alex
Director of IT in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

Can't export contacts; billing is SHADY

Comments: can't export contacts / address book. really shady on how to cancel contract. first you have to give notice that you don't want to renew by calling and emailing support or contacting your customer rep. then you have to give another notice (within 30 days) that you want to cancel. so 2 times cancellation? make that clear in your terms and conditions.

Pros:

unified communication all in one app on desktop and mobile. easy to use.

Cons:

users complained of bad call quality and drops. vonage meetings can only hold up to 12. lacking in development and R&D. when service rep changes you don't even know unless you call support. basically support does everything.

Steven
Steven
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Vonage For Small Business

Comments: My overall experience with Vonage Business Communications has been excellent. Setup was painless, support was responsive when I had questions and the service has been extremely reliable.

Pros:

Vonage Business was easy to set up and configure on my small company network. The Vonage Business application dashboard is simple, clearly laid out and easy to navigate. Once you completed the initial setup, there is not much need to access it, except to add or remove features. It has all of the basic features that I need running a small business such as call forwarding, voicemail, customizable Caller ID. Vonage also offers toll free 800 numbers if your business needs one. While I do not need to call Canada or Mexico, the service includes calls to Canada and to Mexico at no extra charge. The service has been exceptionally reliable and all conversations have been clear and noise free. The Vonage Business service included a VOIP handset with a headset port. The Vonage Business Software includes a SoftPhone application so that all activity can be easily managed from your computer. Add-on features include such items as on-demand call recording, virtual receptionist, fax service and others.

Cons:

There are no issues that I have with the Vonage Business Communications software or with the Vonage Business service.

IT Director in US
Media Production, 51–200 Employees

Premium Pricing, Insufficient Support, Unnecessarily Complex Interface

Comments: It provides us with voice communications including an autoattendant. However, the experience has been quite frustrating due to high prices and poor service. The only reason I haven't switched us is because other more important projects are waiting.

Pros:

- The mobile app is pretty slick and just works.

Cons:

- Pricing is on the higher end for these sort of services and lots of functionality not included by default, must use paid add-on. - The emails they send regularly link to their old admin dashboard, when you click you are prompted to visit the new dashboard, redirected to the individual (instead of admin) dashboard and then have to navigate into the admin dashboard. - The UI has improved leaps and bounds over the years but still is over complicated. - We've had an issue for ~1 yr (maybe more) where we are unable to create new voice recordings for the auto attendant (either using their call in feature or uploading a prerecorded file). Always get the run around on this - it is our browser (we are trying from multiple computers using multiple browsers, and yes we have cleared our cache), etc. Sometimes told there is an issue but it will be fixed by x date (never is). In the end we always have to have them upload the file. This time was told it was our network (but we've done it from multiple networks - office and multiple homes with their own ISPs) using both office and personal computers (e.g., it isn't a security program etc. on our computers).

Government Administration, 2–10 Employees

Great VoIP option for small businesses

Comments: We have had a great experience overall from the sales rep to the buying process to the customer service and install. We'd definitely recommend them to small business who are looking to save a bit of money (at least compared to our traditional alternative).

Pros:

I love the price of this software most of all. This had so many more features than our regular phone service and was cheaper! It's fairly easy to use, has quite a few features, and has worked pretty solidly for us for the 6+ months that we've had it. We don't have plans to change at this point.

Cons:

The only thing I'm a little iffy about was that it wasn't easy to switch our fax line over. We definitely ran into hiccups there, but their customer service team was excellent and we figured it out eventually.

Greg
Account Executive in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Vonage - my view

Comments: I have to say . . in the last year, the support has improved tremendously. I think there was a time when mergers and new employees seemed out of touch with the customer but not now. I have been more than pleased with my experience with Vonage lately . . especially call in support. They really do try and figure it out if you have an issue. Nice to see the difference lately! :)

Pros:

Software if very easy to use. My overall experience has been good with the software. Pretty self explanatory when it comes to overall review. Drop down selections and menu boxes are easy to understand.

Cons:

Found the online phone function or app a little cumbersome. Still a few bugs to work out. I have tried a couple of times and it eventually will be the right route to go with business and functions. I am a little old school . . like the phone on my desk and answer it like a normal. So maybe its the old dog new trick thing . . . I just will keep trying and hopefully it will be just right soon.

Shaumit
Junior Finance Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Vonage Business - A business worth to do with

Pros:

1. Easy to understand and work with. 2. Cost Effective plans. 3. Features like SimulRing, Three-Way Calling, Voicemail, and Call Forwarding are very elite and helpful 4. Its feature of VOIP( Voice Over Internet Protocol) has given Vonage more arena to blossom and help its customers. 5. It is available on web as well on phone, hence it has extended accessiblity 6. The extensions available in Vonage helps one to take the call and call anyone, anywhere. 7. Calls, if missed, can be seen as the Vonage team sends an email regarding calls and voicemails, so there is no delay 8. The text message feature helps me to connect with everyone in case, they mis calls or are in bad network area.

Cons:

Some times, there is an issue for call drop. But it is minimal and happens due to poor internet connections.

Harlan
Director of operations in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Must have for business

Comments: I love Vonage's feature set, from being able to text(Although I cant attach or be sent attached items), to the history feature is great for checking for previous calls and the reporting capabilities allows for productivity of employees.

Pros:

What I like most about Vonage Business is its versatility in the business environment which allows for varied features! It allows any of our employees to work from home yet appear as if they are in the office.

Cons:

The software's quality is very dependent on the broadband speed that it is connected to. It requires at a minimum at least 200 gigabit pipe line for it to function well...be advised there are some hiccups that happen but they are few and far between.

Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

VOIP Phone System Great for Traveling or Working Remotely

Comments: We have been utilizing their service for over 6 six years and it's a really good value for your money considering everything that you get. If you're looking for ways to reduce costs, switch to VOIP with Vonage Business so you don't have to keep buying expensive desktop phones and headsets.

Pros:

I like the ease of not having a physical phone that can be a hassle when traveling. We use this in our customer service call center and it allows multiple users to log into a queue and manage calls accordingly. It handles call recordings as well which is great for quality control.

Cons:

Their system goes down every now and then, outages that has costs us a few customers. We then have to revert to your mobile phones to make outbound calls which is very inconvenient.

Dan
business development in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Vonage for a Small Business, Remote Workers

Comments: Our company uses Vonage daily. We are all remote workers, and we can make/answer calls either at our computers or have calls forwarded to our cell phones. This feature is amazing. Voicemail is also accessed via phone or computer. Overall sound quality is excellent.

Pros:

The setup is quite easy, adding users and additional extensions is very easy on the Dashboard. There are lots of features to customize the virtual receptionist and the flow of calls (forwarding, voicemail, how many rings, etc.)

Cons:

You are locked in for a year once you setup and pay for an extension. Calls can be a bit laggy (a delay will occur) when calling from my cellphone, but through the computer I don't notice it happening very often. There are lots of other features, but some are add-ons for more money.

Ugochi
LPC CEO in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

No complaints- at all

Pros:

I’ve been using vonage for my business for the past 6 years. I started using them in Canada and liked them so much that they were the first company I thought of when I relocated to the States. I like that they give their customers great introductory offers at the start. Thereafter, the rates are fair from year to year. If you want to keep the same rate, all you have to do is let them know of a better offer you have received elsewhere. I bet you they try to match it just to keep you. I love em. Vonage is here to stay.

Cons:

No cons at all. No kidding. Why must I have one? I can’t think of one....yet

Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

NON-EXISTENCE PHONE SUPPORT

Comments: Absolutely the worst service out there. This company is just so horrible to deal with. Will ruin your day if you have to interact with Vonage Business Support, again only by CHAT from untrained techs.
I would highly recommend potential customers to do their due diligence before going with Vonage.
If you have a technical issue of any kind, know that you will NEVER, EVER GET A LIVE AGENT ON THE PHONE. It is ALL by chat and they are extremely POORLY trained and just give canned responses.

Pros:

add on phone numbers were convenient. Price was Ok.

Cons:

my caller ID will not update and I cannot get the issue escalated.

Simon
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great tool for SMEs with local number, incoming calls and conferencing

Comments: I was looking initially for an inbound number for the business, different from my personal mobile number. I looked at virtual numbers, but Vonage, with it's option at just £9/month offered everything plus more. I now have a completely separate work phone system with excellent call management options, and also have Vonage's own version of Zoom included (not fully tested that yet). I think it offers great value and can be upgraded as needed as the company grows.

Pros:

Choice of local number (you end up with two), great app allowing you to use on multiple devices (desktop and mobile), multitude of options for dealing with calls, and conferencing software included.

Cons:

Took me a while to set the system up as the dashboard is not the most intuitive, but once I got my head round it, it was very straightforward.

Sourya
Business OWner in Laos
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for Remote Businesses

Comments: I have a company based in the united states but I live abroad. Vonage has made it possible for me to stay in contact with my American clients without them even realizing i'm not in the country.

Pros:

Voice to text feature is very important to me as I'm not always in the correct setting to listen to the messages we receive. It's fairly accurate and only seems to have issues with certain accents. The fair pricing and excellent customer service makes Vonage the choice that you are sure to pic.

Cons:

At this pricing and the quality of the service, I have no cons.

Thad
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Failed promises, misleading and mistruths.

Comments: It was a massive disappointment. The salesperson originally promised that they could make the Clio integration work on a test account. When the test account would not work, the sales engineer told the salesperson to make it work but the salesperson wanted to set up a "Proof of Concept" POC at no cost to was because she thought there's a problem with her test account. Then, she presented a POC that would have cost $300 and we would've had to sign a two-year contract. The POC addendum failed to include any guarantee that the integration with our case management software would work. We also asked for a guarantee of portability from our current system (RingCentral) to Vonage but they absolutely refused. They said that they could do it contingent upon us cooperating and RingCentral releasing the previous lines but they wouldn't put it in writing. It would've been devastating to us as a small firm to lose our main number that we have possessed for over 20 years. The whole experience with Vonage was disappointing.

Pros:

The price was right, and it had in integration with our case management software (Clio) but they could never get it to work on the test account.

Cons:

The integration with our case management software did not work with a test account platform set up by the salesperson and the salesperson made of lot of false promises.

Harsh
Sr Manager in India
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Vonage is Just Excellent

Comments: Great to have Vonage.

Pros:

I have been using Vonage from last 5 years. Its a great think for International calling. The Vonage Mobile Application also do the similar Job. Vonage call quality are really good and the cost of using Vonage is very less. Call forwarding feature really works well. The voice mail are converted into text and sent on your email id is the best feature i like.

Cons:

i didn't really found any cons in Vonage, but the application of Vonage of phone something Lag a lot.