15 years helping Irish businesses

About Personio

Personio is the all-in-one HR software solution that helps unlock the power of your people, designed for SMBs with 1 - 2000 employees.

Learn more about Personio

Pros:

Especially the integration of self service in combination with absence management has been a huge time saver for us.

Cons:

There is no App available yet but as I heard it will be issued soon.

Personio ratings

4.4
4.5
4.0
4.1

8.2/10

Personio has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 258 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Personio before?

Dónall
Dónall
HR Administrator in Ireland
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Streamlined our entire HR systems

Pros:

What I love about Personio is that it is the one stop shop for all our HR information. As an SME we had been relying on SharePoint to store all our HR information and this was cumbersome and admin heavy, with Personio we can store all the relevant information in one location with no trouble accessing for individual employees. It is an easy to use platform and any new issuer will have no difficulty getting used to the using the system. My favourite feature is the ORG chart provided for all the employees in the organisation so you can know who's who.

Cons:

I have no major dislikes for the Platform - its a new platform, things take time. If you have an idea that would improve the system you are able to post in their Ideation forum to drive change. While Personio offers reporting features, the range of available reports is somewhat limited. This can make it difficult for companies that require more in-depth reporting and analysis for example companies with 100+ employees.

Javier
People Operations Specialist in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very user friendly and flexible HR Saas

Comments: We have been using Personio for almost 3 years, and it is the only HR data source (very reliable) and core tool for daily purposes. We have been able to develop and automate/scale many processes.
It has been developing in many ways although it exists better specific alternatives in certain aspects such as T&D, and payroll.
Finally, it has an excellent customer service, always supporting us solving queries and requests

Pros:

The tool is very user friendly and easy to configure, it covers pre-payroll, onboarding, documents management, employees data, offboarding. In addition, it has an extensive marketplace to connect with different apps and softwares via API

Cons:

Lack of expense management, full payroll engine, historical data not very visual, T&D tab need more development.

Victoria
HR Specialist in Germany
Retail, 201–500 Employees

A solid HR all-in-one solution, fulfilling its purpose with room for improvement, yet overall comprehensive and easy to work with

Pros:

The all in one solution for all our HR needs. The intuitive user interface also deserves praise, as it makes navigating through different modules effortless. Furthermore, Personio's customer support team has been exceptional.

Cons:

While Personio effectively manages fundamental HR processes, some features may be overlooked due to the emphasis on core functions. There are occasions where the system falls short due to minor details that are difficult to comprehend. As an HR professional, one may encounter frustrations when certain features appear to be hastily implemented without thorough consideration, leading to occasional setbacks in usability. However, this is a minor drawback in comparison to its overall functionality and ease of use.

Theresa
HR Specialist in Germany
Retail, 201–500 Employees

Development: always!

Pros:

Personio is constantly working on their products and features. There is no stagnation here. I have already seen a lot of further development that has helped to make our HR work easier. We have already been able to simplify and partially automate various processes. In addition, the usability is really very intuitive, so it's really fun to work with Personio. The customer support is incredibly fast and friendly. The support from our Customer Success Manager is also very good, always helpful and competent.

Cons:

Some parts of Personio are not linked, e.g. absences and reports, which in this case means that a report on the sickness rate only takes into account the absence in days and not in hours. The fact that the different systems do not communicate with each other sometimes results in information being incorrect or Personio not being usable for some cases.

Thomas
Thomas
Director HR in Germany
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

A very good decision I am still proud of

Comments: Difficult. I like it! Had some experience with Workdays in the company before and was at the beginning a kind of sad that little business has not the budget for such software.
But now I am even happier because Personio not only is quiete as good - it is even better for small business purpose because it's less complex and allowes to stremline processes better for our needs.

Pros:

It's HR Software with service for every employee, managers etc. - and so what I like most is, that nearly everybody likes to use it though we did not have much training effort. Big benefit (usualy) is as well, that Personio has an ongoing development nad gets even better every month.

Cons:

Some "improvements" - especially in design - are not really steps forward but seem to complicate work - but usually respective suggestions are heared and drawn into account.

Javier
Chief People Officer in Spain
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Flexibility for HR

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It is super easy to configurate, even without a tech background, and flexible if something needs to be changed.

Cons:

Payroll is not yet covering all the singularities from all countries, and still a bit German regulations based.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51–200 Employees

Strong tool for all things HR

5.0 last month New

Comments: Really enjoy working with the tool! It easy to implement and employees outside of HR find it easy to use.

Pros:

One tool for almost all relevant HR topics

Cons:

The recruiting module could be stronger but it's still sufficient for small and mid-size companies

Asnath
Assistant Projects Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

A Futuristic Human Resources Management Platform.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It is simple to engage and communicate with employees in real-time with Personio.

Pros:

I like how Personio automates daily human resources tasks thus eliminating manual and repetitive tasks.It is simple to recruit new employees with Personio.I like ease to track employees time with this tool.

Cons:

I haven't encountered anything that is unpleasant with Personio as it suits best my human resources management needs.

Shaista
Software Engineer in Germany
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

A must have tool for HR related stuff

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It has become a regular part of my job. I clock in using Personio and it is very simple and straight forward. I can add multiple breaks in my daily hours log. All my information is stored at one place, and i got notification if any of my credential is expiring soon. The onboarding section and Vacation management modules are very handy.

Cons:

It could be a little tricky sometimes for new users to get a hold of it, other than that, I dont have any complaints.

Lukas
Junior Manager HR Analytics and Systems in Germany
Consumer Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Awesome UI/UX with a large package of functions and options

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Personio has a very modern and minimalist design. This makes it feel super simple and fast to use. In addition, the system comes with a very large package of functions and has a wide range of extensions available. Furthermore, the company responds to customer feedback and is constantly developing the products further.

Cons:

Sometimes you may reach the limits of the available functions and setting options. As a result, you have to find workarounds in some cases. In general, I would like to see more individual automation options to make it easier to map our processes in Personio.

Elena
Head of People & Culture in Germany
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

One of the best HRIS in Germany

Pros:

It's the best HRIS that I've tried so far. It has tons of features, attributes and process that we can customize according to our needs. The support is very fast, helpful and friendly.

Cons:

Sometimes it is a bit complicated to use, but it comes with all the features and configuration possibilities. I am missing a couple of features, like an overview of the employee's promotions/titles and reports indicating promotions.

Isabel
Human Resources Project Manager in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

The one-stop solution for better HR

Comments: Our overall experience with Personio has been extremely positive. It has allowed us to digitize and streamline our processes and workflows in a way that has vastly increased our efficiency and the quality of our services as an HR department. Personio has enabled us to very quickly move all our core HR processes to the software and makes it possible for us to handle them in a much more efficient, user-friendly way. The software has also been a great help to our employees, who can take care of their HR tasks much easier now, as well as our team leaders and managers, who now have a better way of administrating and supervising their team and making sure all tasks are taken care of. Working together with Personio's implementation and key account managers, as well as their customer support team, has always been a great experience. Personio provides extensive support, guidance and best practices which help in further improving workflows and customizing the software for each individual company. Overall, with its variety of features, Personio has opened countless ways for us to optimize our processes and offer better services, and has enabled us as HR to transform from a department preoccupied by administrative tasks to a true strategic partner.

Pros:

We greatly appreciate all of the features Personio offers, and actively use the entire range of tools and features. In terms of core HR processes, one of the most instant and most significant benefits of using Personio was the easy administration of personnel data and the absence management. Everyone in our company, from employees to managers to members of the HR team, has benefitted tremendously from Personio's user-friendly absence management features, which all our employees use regularly. Both our HR and Accounting departments profit from the extensive reporting features, which we use to create monthly, quarterly or annual reports on all relevant personnel data. This function is also appreciated by our managers, who can gain quick overviews on key figures with just a few clicks. Apart from the administrative features, it is mainly Personio's recruiting tool which has impacted our HR processes in an extremely positive way. Creating and publishing job ads, managing applications and communicating with applicants has never been so easy, and is enabling us to manage our recruiting workflows in a way that is sure to leave a positive impression on applicants. All in all, Personio has greatly improved our HR processes and, along with this, improved the working lives of all internal stakeholders.

Cons:

Since we are a global company, our aim is to roll out Personio internationally to all our subsidiaries in different countries around the world. In this regard, we are doing a certain amount of pioneer work, as the system is not yet completely perfected for international use and some features or special configurations are not yet part of the software. Therefore, we need to align the requirements of our international subsidiaries with the features currently available in the software and, in some cases, find workarounds. Personio has provided great support in this process and has been able to provide solutions to the vast majority of topics we dealt with.

Lucy
Owner & CEO in Türkiye
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

The only HR tool you need for small-mid market operations

Comments: We couldn't be happier with the service that Personio provides. With it, we've been able to have a smooth functioning HR system from day one. You can use it to manage everyhing from attendance to payroll and ATS. It's the only tool you need for up to a couple hundred employees

Pros:

I love how simple the interface is for all the different modules. We started using it when we were much smaller, and it was a relief to be able to start using it confidently without having to spend hours upon hours trying to learn it.

Cons:

I think one of the biggest things it's missing is more comprehensive documentation like best practices or ideas for how you can use it better. Without it, in the beinning, we kinda had to figure everyhting out on our own

asad
Research Assistant in Germany
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Really helpful in office Management

Pros:

The portal is really helpful in keeping the record of employee's information, payroll management and attendance.

Cons:

Trainings module can be improved. New update on attendance is not easily interpretable.

Marta
Finance Manager in Germany
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Easiest HRIS to set up and maintain

Pros:

Flexibility, Slack integration, Zapier / Make integration

Cons:

Sometimes a bit slow, better UX needed for custom report creation

Max
CFO in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great one-stop HR solution

Comments: It is a great tool if you are looking for a one-stop solution to deal with your HR IT needs. Helps you a lot to stay in compliance with process frameworks and legal restrictions. Great support.

Pros:

Holistic HR solution (no need to transfer data from one system to another) Very good customer support Can be set up as easy-to-use self-service platform for employees Ensures process (e.g. ISO 9001) and legal (e.g. employment law) compliance in HR GDPR compliant platform Price/value is great

Cons:

Report section can be improved on the recruiting side Edge-cases in user rights management need to be improved UI/UX is better than traditional software but can still be refined

Tereza
HR in Austria
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Missing features, unhelpful customer support, no room for error

Comments: very negative, started ok, but worsened over time- support is very bad - just "here is a link and read about it on our helpdesk page" - there is not time for that- had to push to even get in touch with my account manager- no notification on automatic ANNUAL renewal - this i find very unfair; if we are locked in for another full year and still need to renegotiation the conditions, would expect a call well in time so we can decide to cancel- issues with vacation day calculations

Pros:

european based company, fairly easy to navigate

Cons:

customer support is very unhelpful, the tool is immature, there are a lot of logic mistakes - e.g. no room for error - if you mess up, you cannot correct it, you need to delete the whole user.

Paper & Forest Products, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Comprehensive HR tool

Comments: Personio is a user-friendly HR software with a wide range of features. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

I love how Personio integrates with all of our other business systems. It makes it so easy to keep track of everything, and it saves us a ton of time.

Cons:

The pricing for Personio is a bit on the high side, especially for smaller businesses. However, the software does offer a lot of features ans functionality, so it may be worth the investment for most of the organizations.

Dennis
Head of HR in Germany
Internet, 51–200 Employees

One stop shop for HR

Comments: Best bang for the buck, period.
Saves LOTs of time. No need for different tools. Extremely adaptable. Scales well with the company.

Pros:

- Covers almost ALL aspects of HR -- recruitment (complete ATS system) -- hr administration: -- onboarding, offboarding, documents, absences, time tracking, performance management (basic), rights & role management, user self service, approval settings, etc... - lots of possibilities to adapt to own needs - very good onboarding process and customer success - very good value for the money

Cons:

- needs some time to get to know all features - UX is getting better, but not the strong suit of personio - performance management rather basic

Kieran
Co-founder in Türkiye
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Simplify your HR processes

Comments: I've been using Personio for about six months now, and I'm so glad with it. It's helped me to automate and simplify my HR processes, saving me tons of time. I would recommend it to any SMBs.

Pros:

One of the things I like most about Personio is the employee self-service portal. This allows my employees to access their own information, such as their timesheets, vacation requests, and benefits. It's a great way to give my employees more control over their own data.I also love the reporting features in Personio. These reports give me insights into my workforce, such as employee turnover rates, time off trends, and salary ranges. This information helps me to make better decisions about my HR policies and procedures.

Cons:

The customization options could be re-engineered. I would like to be able to tailor Personio to my specific needs more than I can currently.

Max
VP HR in Germany
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

Easy to implement and fantastic support

Pros:

Secure data as servers are in Germany, friendly and quick response from the CSA's. All 'key functionalities', such as for example holiday and sickness capturing, are covered. Reports are very useful when having to report KPI's. The system is easily customizable, fields can be generated quickly, workflows edited, and permissions & rules created within minutes.

Cons:

Few minor bugs from timt to time, though these are fixed quickly. Recruiting solution only lets you post on german jobsites. No surveying option (ie. eNPS would be good) and Performance Management section is very rudimentary.

Sebastian
Founder in Germany
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best one-stop solution for HR and Recruiting

Pros:

Personio really is the HR operating system. All the personal data of an employee have to be filled in only once and can then be used for different services. Users can participate in recruiting and manage their data and documents. In addition, with the integration of Personio Payroll, you do not have to communicate with tax consultants anymore to get your payroll done.

Cons:

Due to the many features and the customization that is possible with Personio, some users might find it a bit complex in the beginning.

Andrea
Reviewer in Hungary
Computer Software, Self Employed

All-in-one HR software

Comments: Simple implementation procedures; you don't need to be a technical expert to complete them because they include in-depth articles to guide you through the full procedure. There are numerous ways for you to get support, including The Community and direct support by phone, email, or screensharing. Additionally, it is incredibly adaptable, and you may customize the system to meet your demands.

Pros:

Personio is simple to use and has a pleasant user experience.

Cons:

It can be a little slow at times, and searches could be made better.

Natalie
Head of HR in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Flexibel Tool with great functions

Pros:

- its very flexibel and you can add various fields e.g. training data - you can send out reminders to the departments and supervisors - we included our on- and offboarding process also in the tool - very friedly and helpful team

Cons:

- some little bugs but nothing serious.. :)

Pedro
Head of Human Resources in Germany

making HR-Management radically easier!

Pros:

On the top of my personio-experiences is the customer service! Really patient, highly customer oriented and super friendly at all times. Furthermore you have the feeling that the entire company (no matter who is on the phone) knows who you are and is well capable of taking care of your issues. And if this is not the case, you will promptly get a re-call from one of the experts.

Cons:

Honestly, there is nothing worth to mention. There are a couple of bugs and usability issues here and there, but most important, you see a young product (and Team) growing and improving from day to day.