15 years helping Irish businesses

About Chorus

Chorus by ZoomInfo drives and maximizes revenue by preventing risks and gives unparalleled visibility into customer relationships.

Learn more about Chorus

Pros:

The video and audio recording software are easy to use and makes breaking down my "game film" fast and easy.

Cons:

We tried another product and realized that it is more accurate in transcription than Chorus. We were not expecting miracles but transcription is by far the weakest link.

Chorus ratings

4.4

8.5/10

Chorus has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 66 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Chorus before?

Andrew
Andrew
Customer Success Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent tool - Customer Success Manager

Comments: I often use Chorus to transfer customer feedback to our product managers. This gives the PMs the ability to hear the feedback directly from the customer, which is definitely something they value. It also eliminates a lot of back and forth internally.

Pros:

I'm a big fan of Chorus because it gives me the ability to go back and review my calls. This allows me to collect follow-ups and critique my style. Also, I enjoy listening to my team's calls to iterate on my style and pick up different techniques on engaging with customers., I've enjoyed building out playlists so new members from my team can listen and learn more from a library of customer calls sorted based on topic. The new UI is great too. I feel it is much easier to use than the previous one. I'm excited to work with Chorus in the future because I feel the team is extremely customer-centric. They've been extremely responsive and helpful during the whole process (onboarding and checking in). They've also been receptive to some feedback and connected us with a PM to further discuss.

Cons:

I dislike that there a two different buttons to share and add a clip to a playlist. I think this could be combined in the screen that allows you to fine tune the clip.

Jacco
Jacco
VP of Revenue Libris in US
Photography, 51–200 Employees

Chorus tracks and transcribes our meetings

Comments: Chorus is an extra ear and eye on every meeting we have with prospects and clients, something that pays for itself as you scale and ramp up the volume of meetings.

Pros:

Chorus extends the reach and influence of our managers by tracking all demo meetings and identifying opportunities to follow up on to improve our demos. It also allows us to go back to older meetings, share them with team members and transcribe them for the sales team and their clients.

Cons:

At times the software was slower or the interface was not optimal, but the team is constantly taking feedback and incorporating this in the product to deliver not only what was promised but further building out the tool to add new value.

Brendan
Head of Sales Enablement in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Chorus a solid Call Recording option for your Sales Team

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to use UI and the ability to make coaching comments on each recording

Cons:

We did struggle sporadically with Chorus joining specific meetings. Couldve been more of a user issue but it happened 1-2 times a month for us

Elena
Sports, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Chorus

Pros:

Ability to recall information from a call or demo with clients from a week to however far back is a benefit to all users.

Cons:

Very "big brother" feeling with the ability for management to join calls... lots of incorrect habits created by managers without the proper "heads up" given to the rep. Limit the amount of feedback that is notified to the rep - review as many calls but limit the amount of emails/notifications sent about the review, unless stated by the reviewer.

Santiago
Operations Analyst in Mexico

Chorus Review

Comments: Chorus has helped us a lot with the call training aspect, we're able to quickly identify those calls where reps may need a little more coaching on. The training feature has been very important for us to establish certain guidelines that reps must follow during calls.

Pros:

I really like the insights and call analytics that Chorus provides for our Sales, Onboarding and Customer Success calls, these have been very useful for next steps with our customers and to identify any risks during calls.

Cons:

There are some calls where Chorus doesn't identify the participants in them, which is a challenge when reporting on call insights and the trackers that we've set up to identify certain things for both reps and customers.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

Great for recording calls and sharing moments

Comments: Our Sales Team uses it a lot for coaching and mentoring. Customer Success (my team) mostly uses it for sharing feedback themes with our Product Team.

Pros:

I love that it records my calls and shows me the themes that came up during our call. This allows me to easily identify the moments in my call that are relevant to share with my team, and then I can clip those moments and share them via Slack.

Cons:

The transcripts are just plain wrong. Like 75% of the words written are not the words we said. I know text to speech is tricky. They do, pretty much always, capture the trigger words for themes that we established on setting it up, though: "Next Steps", names of competitors, names of projects, etc.

Jose
Jose
Computer & Network Security, 201–500 Employees

Great sales tool

Comments: i have had a really great experience using Chorus.ai vital tool for a sales rep.

Pros:

The note taker is a game changer. being able to focus on the call and not worry about taking notes has definitely had an impact on my sales. Also great to be able and go back and listen to calls.

Cons:

I feel like they could make the application a little more hidden. Sometimes prospects can get scared if they think the conversation is being recorded.

Graham
Graham
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Chorus is a rocking app for sales and customer success teams

Comments: Delivering better customer experiences from sales, to CS, and learning from each one.

Pros:

Call recording in itself is a game changer. I love that I'm able to dive into not just my own calls and learn from them but also the entire team. I'm a big fan of the talk/listen ratio - i am definitely using that as one benchmark for how well a call went. Also, my interactions with the people at Chorus from Product management to support tickets have been excellent. Support is fast/responsive. Lastly, they're shipping new product fast which increases my confidence they'll close any gaps they need to

Cons:

call transcription is pretty hit/miss. the editor used to create shorter snippets from a full call definitely needs UX work

Dan
Dan
Enterprise Sales Development Representative in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Great tool for sales teams!

Pros:

Makes listening to calls a breeze. If you don't have the time to listen to every call live this really helps.

Cons:

Interface is kind of cumbersome and confusing at times.

Dain
Dain
Sales Development Representative in US

Making Sales Smarter

Pros:

This is great for any sales team. We are not a large sales team so it is very useful. It allows me to see how my calls go and how to improve while also allowing me as a team lead, to help improve my team. As an SDR, it is great because my AE's can review calls before the next call to better understand how the qualification calls went.

Cons:

It is a little trickier than other platforms to find analytics on calls.

Mahmoud
Associate Payments in Jordan
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Understanding consumer wants and promptly answering inquiries will boost the company's capabilities.

Comments: Chorus helped us control the communication processes tightly, and this led to improving the behavior of employees when responding to customers, and it also helped us with a greater understanding of their needs, and through the records that Chorus provides us with, we can control the quality of operations and improve the speed of response and also ensure that all inquiries and requests received have been submitted. Respond to them appropriately and in a timely manner.

Pros:

Chorus has a very special control in terms of recording and saving calls, which simplifies the procedures for accessing previous calls when needed, by means of records that include all contact information such as time and date, as well as the name of the member who made the call. I also appreciate a lot of the distinctive things that Chorus provides us with, as we can empty the calls into texts, and the search options are multiple, as the artificial intelligence of Chorus enables us to access previous calls by inserting one of the phrases that were received in it, which makes it Searches are less effort and more useful. I greatly appreciate the records that Chorus organizes, which include a lot of information about all previous calls, and this helps us a lot in ensuring that all events and procedures have been written down, and this helps us in controlling the quality of communication processes and improving response times and thus gaining customer satisfaction.

Cons:

Chorus is very easy to use for all levels, as it does not include any complicated or difficult-to-understand functions or tools.

Alaa
Technical Outsourcing Specialist in Jordan
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A unique system for documenting all communications and organizing their records accurately

Comments: Chorus enabled us to accurately understand customers' needs and trends, and enabled us to choose the most appropriate method when responding to their requests. Chorus also simplifies the process of recording and replaying calls, and Chorus' call-to-text capabilities simplify the email response process and quickly update our databases.

Pros:

I fully appreciate Chorus' capabilities in terms of organizing customer communications, and especially when it comes to recording and archiving calls. Using Chorus, it is easy to access any of the previous calls, where the search options are many and you can use what you need from them to quickly reach the desired call, where we can use certain phrases or words to reach the desired call easily. Chorus enables me to listen to calls whenever I need it, and I can also easily convert them to text that I can use when writing emails to answer customer inquiries, and also enables us to update our customer databases more easily, I also like the fact that I can send the recording to customers as documentation important to their requests.

Cons:

Chorus needs more integration with other applications so that we can view recordings and share meetings on them directly, which will positively affect our workflow.

Gustavo
Account Manager in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Essential tool in your Tech Stack

Comments: Overall this is essential tool in our tech stack. We use it daily and every sales team should have a tool like this.

Pros:

This tool has been very helpful for our BDRs, AMs, and Account Executives. We use it daily to look back at our previous conversations with prospects. It helps us understand our prospects' pain and needs. Especially when we forget to take a note of something, we can go back and listen to our calls.

Cons:

Sometimes Chorus can cut off some parts of our conversation. We're not sure why but we've noticed that sometimes the recording isn't that good. We've noticed that this happens when we start calls early or when calls run over.

Shawn
401(k) Account Manager in US
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Chorus for Work Management

Pros:

Chorus Software manages all of our daily transactional workflow and annual administration. We used it for years with most working from home full or part-time and were able to go to everyone working from home with a simple announcement. The ability to see where everything is at on individual transaction basis to company wide in Chorus is just what we needed as we grew out of managing work in spreadsheets years ago.

Cons:

Steep learning curve at beginning to build workflows. Once your IT was trained up, you can build workflows as needed, test and deploy. Preferred the old dashboards available before latest version that had more functionality and could create and customize on my own.

Gregg
Sales Executive in US
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Professional Sales Development Starts Here

Pros:

I can really concentrate on my conversations with my clients and not have to worry about taking notes. I know Chorus is taking care of that. I can review my call once it is ove, dissect it and make sure I have what I need when it comes to deliverables and follow up. I really like the ability to tag moments of a call to reference them in the future or share them with other members of my team.

Cons:

The UI is a bit tricky to navigate. Sometimes its hard to find a call you are looking for. I will usually find the call in Salesforce and launch it from there as opposed to looking for it in Chorus directly.

Christian
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Chorus is great

Comments: It's been solid! There are some features that could be added that I would love but overall no complaints!

Pros:

Really great software for recording calls and for coaching! It's played an integral part of our sales process and development.

Cons:

I wish that there was more functionality to make it easier/more convenient to listen back to calls. For example, when listening to a demo, I wish it could highlight when I'm talking compared to a customer. It would be amazing if the software could use AI to break down the calls a little more and show some analytics.

Olga
Olga
Sales Development Representative in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Chorus is Great

Comments: We are utilizing it to review cold calls and meetings. It's nice that it pops in on your meetings automatically without you having to tell it to do so.

Pros:

I like that Chorus provides transcripts of what was talked about and puts little bars in the meeting notes so you can click onto where you want to listen in the conversation. It allows for Playlists so you can organize your playlists by the employee if you're a manager. It also integrates into Zoom and pops in on your scheduled meetings to record calls automatically.

Cons:

I don't like that sometimes it takes 24 hours before a call is posted to Chorus (cold calls specifically) - we use it with Outreach so maybe that's why.

Bryan
Bryan
Director, Sales Enablement in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Chorus.ai provides a great platform for direct rep feedback.

Comments: Rep development is one of our primary goals at Lessonly. As a part of our process, we've identified 25 skills that lead to success and developing those skills will help us succeed as a company. Chorus helps us develop some of those key skills through direct rep feedback on their actual calls. We also heavily integrate chorus into our onboarding process which helps new reps ramp faster by listening to their peers move through the sales process.

Pros:

Chorus makes it easy for us to give direct feedback to reps during call reviews. Each of our sales directors set aside at least 2 hours per week to review calls and provide feedback. Reps love that each comment on a call gives them a direct link to the part of the call where the comment was left so they can have direct context.

Cons:

The call translation is just OK and we haven't figured out the best way to use themes in our day-to-day process.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Use Chorus if you want to improve

Comments: Training and improvement

Pros:

I love that it will automatically hop into my calls and there is nothing I have to do on my end to get that to happen. I also love that I can use it during cold calls as well.

Cons:

I wish it transcribed the conversation a bit better.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Used to be very good…

Pros:

Product was solid and it was a great company, until recently…

Cons:

Were acquired by Zoominfo. Alongside with that, came high pressure sales tactics and opaque pricing.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Meeting insights made simple

Pros:

I used to have to divide my attention during sales meetings to make sure that not only where the salient points being discussed but also to make sure that I was making notes on follow up items, buying signals, timeframes, etc. Chorus not only records, but bookmarks important moments in addition to transcribing. It's like having a rock start personal assistant combined with a sales coach!

Cons:

It doesn't always transcribe perfectly, but still does a heck of a lot better than I do!

Darin
VP in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Chorus over Gong

Pros:

Similar functionality to Gong at a fraction of the cost.

Cons:

Nothing, I love Chorus over Gong and would recommend to anyone

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Incredibly useful tool for learning as an early sales professional

Comments: the features were great, the interface and insights aren't as good as gong

Pros:

I loved Chorus because I was able to review deals that I wasn't involved with as a learning opportunity

Cons:

The mobile app wasn't great; the interface was hard to navigate

Joseph
Home Business in New Zealand
Investment Management, 2–10 Employees

Rubbish

Cons:

Fibre Installation Absolute Rubbish - Chorus Does Not Help

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

When my days are packed with sales meetings, Chorus is my backup memory

Pros:

I don't have to stress about information I forgot to write down on sales calls. Especially when I'm preparing for a follow up meeting, it's extremely helpful to go back to a Chorus recording and search for parts of the conversation that will help inform how to approach the next interaction.

Cons:

The user interface could be friendlier. It's not always easy to search and filter for other people's meetings