15 years helping Irish businesses

About Gong.io

Gong captures every buyer interaction and delivers AI-based insights to help you forecast with superhuman accuracy.

Learn more about Gong.io

Pros:

Integration with Salesforce functionality / capture of follow up, integration of email notification triggering account follow up and updates. Ability to accurately assess call impact.

Cons:

Transcription could be more accurate - currently not sufficient as a stand alone piece of information - requires interpretation and reference to audio.

Gong.io ratings

4.6

9.2/10

Gong.io has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 539 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Gong.io before?

Nick
Nick
Sr. Customer Success Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Why work harder when you can work smarter?

Comments: I'm solving the problem of me being lazy and inattentive...sometimes. Most of the time, I'm there, listening, ready to crush it. Other times, I see a squirrel out of my window and can't help but watch it do its thing. Like maybe it just found a huge nut or something and it's just snacking away. How can you NOT watch? But then, I miss important info. Gong allows me to watch squirrels AND remember what was said.

Pros:

I like that it takes *thinking* out of my job. If I have questions about something a customer said, or something that I said, I can just go to the call, search for it, and find it. It's an absolutely incredible way to keep on top of tasks, while also being able to gain a deeper understanding at any time.

Cons:

Again, not a whole lot within the scope of what I use Gong for that I dislike. It does the job exactly how I would want it to be done.

Armin
SDR in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Important growth tool for sales teams

Pros:

I love Gong and have used Gong in previous jobs. Before Gong it was a lot of manual transcribing and listening to calls multiple times. Now with Gong, we are able to also see the transcription of the call and also tag team members immediately for feedback and important notes within the calls.

Cons:

Not much to dislike about Gong as they have been super helpful with the implementation and support.

Alternatives Considered: Chorus

Reasons for Switching to Gong.io: Many staff have heard of good things about Gong and a lot more staff were familiar with the product.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Gong has come a long way

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Gong now has emails and flows as well as AI features that can write follow up emails for you

Cons:

Being logged out every 5 mins is annoying and not enough training has been provided

Marc
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Slows down my productivity by at least 400%

2.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: terrible, i would not recommend it. it has some nice AI features but I find it almost unusable.

Pros:

It has some decent AI and the call listening is good but is far outweighed by the negatives

Cons:

It is super clunky, hard to find information you need. there is "conversations" and "engage" and they don't link. the chrome extension doesn't work at all. you can't dial from salesforce. there is no text messaging capture. It's a massive downgrade from what I can tell

Danny
VP of Customer Success in US

Gong made me a fan

Comments: Its been a positive experience and with the ecosystem of tools that integrate with us we've been able to fill most remaining gaps through Zapier, reporting workflows, Slack, and TranscribeIQ

Pros:

I love that it aggregates all the information about all of our accounts into a single place with different views to help us streamline our workflows. Its been one of the most impactful tools in our tech stack for sales, customer success, and product and we've amplified that by using Gong plugins like Zapier and TranscribeIQ.

Cons:

I wish the reporting was more centralized and customizable but its still really easy to use - we've taken some of our analysis outside of gong to make it more actionable. Overall the cons are minimal and they keep releasing new features to help us grow with them.

Alternatives Considered: Rewatch

Reasons for Switching to Gong.io: It was the best on the market by far and though it was a big leap to make the investment I feel like its paid off

Jon
Jon
Senior Account Executive in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Lots of greatness in this product

Comments: Gong has really helped our sales team grow by getting our AEs on the same page and continuing to build them into stronger Sales People.

Pros:

Gong offers a great recording system that you can do a whole lot more from. We have weekly reviews and the functionality makes it easy to get through in a quick time. The assessments also let us know how we're doing and from a manager to peer aspect review the calls.

Cons:

Some time search functionality seems off and logging in has a slow lag to start. Other than that I can't really complain. Those 2 things are really nit-picking too.

Kunal
Kunal
Co-founder & Design Lead in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, even for SMBs

Comments: I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Pros:

The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Cons:

The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Alternatives Considered: Chorus

Reasons for Switching to Gong.io: Gong seems to be the winner in their space. With the trajectory they are on and the story they tell, I'm confident Gong will be great long-term partners for us.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Captures everything!

Pros:

I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Cons:

I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

Elli
Marketing Manager in UK

Essential tool for Customer Marketing

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I've used Gong in various roles, from Sales to Marketing and have always found it incredibly helpful. Back when I was in Sales I used it for call recording and then later to listen back for training purposes. Now, in marketing I use it to record case study calls with clients. I can then get transcripts from the call that are easy to write up. Much better/more accurate transcriptions than other softwares as well.

Cons:

It can be glitchy. Added the add-on to my outlook to send a Gong invite with any zoom invites and it works sporadically.

Gong is a great product

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use and easy to set up, Gong has been adapted by our Team overnight

Cons:

Gong is a bit expensive compared to similar products

Romina
Senior Account Development Representative in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing platform- great for training, analysis, and automatic recording of prospect calls/demos/etc.

Comments: Gong helps me with discovery, cold calls, and learning from successful counterparts who have promoted to higher roles.

Pros:

Gong is very easy to use. I rely on it heavily for recording my own calls with prospects automatically. When a Zoom meeting happens or when I dial out of Outreach, these calls record. If it is a Zoom call, any visuals record as well. It is automatic unless I purposefully choose to not record for certain prospects that request no recording, so it is not another thing to worry about clicking or selecting. I have years of Outreach and Zoom meetings that I can go back and listen to or watch in Gong, which is extremely useful when revisiting lost opportunities/old prospects, and for training purposes. Even as a senior in my role, listening to other discovery calls a few times a week keeps me sharper. It is easy to filter calls based on what type of call I want to listen to. There are countless customization options here, pulling tags/dispositions from Outreach and Zoom to filter in Gong. The call transcripts are nice too. While not perfect, it helps when I need to listen to something in a long call again and can refer to the transcript to see what time I need to start at to get the information I am looking for in that call.

Cons:

-Love the transcript feature, but as with most transcriptions it could be improved.

Julia

One of my favorite tools as a Sales Rep

Comments: Awesome!

Pros:

I was nervous when we first purchased this to have so much visibility, but it's been an amazing help for: 1) remembering what happened in a call whether that was yesterday or months ago 2) getting specific/contextual coaching feedback 3) seeing which deals need helps based on activity 4) flagging conversations by words that are said (especially when seeing how customers/prospects like new features or how other reps are selling those) 5) passing along feature requests or coaching notes to others on my team and in the business

Cons:

It took us a bit longer than we anticipated to get fully ramped in a way where we were really leveraging it and able to do all of the above. No other major complaints, but worth noting I haven't tried any of the competitor solutions out there.

Reasons for Switching to Gong.io: functionality, price, ui/ux

Natalie
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

Comments: I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros:

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons:

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Cassandra
Manager, Business Development in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Gong for biz dev

Comments: I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros:

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons:

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Sam
Competitive Intelligence Analyst in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn

Comments: I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Pros:

It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Cons:

While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Joe

A Must-Have for Sales Teams

Comments: Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Pros:

I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Cons:

The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order.

kelly
Enterprise Accounts in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Sales or Customer Success/Support - Why haven't you purchased already?!

Comments: We needed a way to review snippets of calls to hone our craft and get better at the simple things within calls. Before, we would record everything in Zoom and have to sit and listen to basically the entire call to figure out what was going on. Now, everything is uploaded, you can search (The voice analytics has come a LONG way) and tag those around you to get added insight and feedback. It's been incredible in helping new BDR's along the way.

Pros:

It's VERY easy to navigate, use, administer, and help those around that need coaching. I appreciate the fact that I can tag people within the org easily and clip certain parts of the call for us to review in 1:1 sessions or as a team.

Cons:

Clipping can be a little hard to figure out. When first launching Gong - I wish there was better functionality to bulk add previous calls from VoIP or other sources to specific folders instead of manually doing it one at a time.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Key tool in stack for remote onboarders

Pros:

I took on a new role in Sales and I was worried I would miss out on listening in to important conversations which forms a major part of learning. Enter Gong - and I've been able to listen in and learn better than ever. I've also improved my style of interacting with customers based on their tips and seen better results.

Cons:

It has not been easy to upload a recording if we would like and their audio-to-text feature is not accurate.

Lindsay
Customer Success Manager in Canada
Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

Every Sales Org NEEDS Gong!

Comments: I use Gong on a daily basis to re-listen to not only my calls, but also previous customer calls other reps have run. It's very helpful for providing additional context if any notes are missing from Salesforce. Highly recomend!

Pros:

This has been the absolute best way for our team to get up to speed with learning product knowledge, industry jargon, and just overall flow of how we communicate with out customers. It's really been a saving grace over Covid as it's the easiest way to learn in a remote environment where you can't shadow peers calls in real life. I also love the transcript function because I never worry about having to take notes because it's so easy to recall the entire conversation.

Cons:

The transcript isn't perfect....but that's a very small price to pay for such a fantastic product.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Comments: Great customer service, intuitive for end users, valuable tool across teams. Very positive experience and would recommend this to any Sales, CS or Enablement team to implement.

Pros:

Gong allows the Sales, Enablement, Marketing, and Biz Ops to track real metrics from Sales and CS conversations, coach the teams and foster a culture of self-improvement.

Cons:

This is a product that to work effectively you need to invest in best practices, training teams and managers and staying on top of the latest innovations (of which there are many and often) coming out of the company.

Sally
Head of Brand in UK
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Great tool for Marketers

Comments: Overall I find the tool extremely useful from a marketing perspective and will continue to use the tool.

Pros:

I love the ability to save calls in the listen later function to listen back whilst commuting. I am mostly stuck in meeting throughout the week and do not always have time to listen to Gong calls during work hours. The main use for my role is to get closer to our prospects and clients. Really listen to the pain points and challenges of the person on the call, as well as the initial reason they decided to come looking for our solution. To help stay across the sentiment across sectors and company sizes of what people need from a solution.

Cons:

Nothing that comes to mind immediately, but will continue to test the functionality.

Rebekah
SDR in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Gong: developing sales orgs into world class teams

Comments: 10/10 Easy, useful and overall necessary in an inside sales role in which young professionals are hoping to learn.

Pros:

Gong is a phenomenal product. As an SDR and someone who is semi-new to the workforce, I am constantly looking for ways to improve and grow within my career. Having the ability to record each conversation, get a transcript version and be able to share this with my team has made it easy for training, feedback and constant growth.

Cons:

Gong really doesn't have any issues in my opinion. There may be room for improvement in the search bar - as you type it makes recommendations and then maps you to the one it thinks you're referring to, but sometimes I am just trying to search a generic word and it makes it difficult.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Immediate insight into my calls

Comments: Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros:

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons:

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

Meghan
Head of Sales in Canada
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

GAME CHANGER

Comments: Super excited about really getting going. GONG

Pros:

For the life of me, I don't know how I ever worked without this platform. ONE month in. Gong is a GAME CHANGER. If you are looking to scale up your team for success this is a tool that is a MUST have. It will save your team, literally, 100's of hours of time. Over the last month, I have started at a new company, leading a team, and this is single handle the best way to coach, give feedback, and develop a sales process. It was also an amazing tool for me to be trained and getting up to speed quickly. In my previous positions, if I had gong, I think that I would have been 30% more productive, and my team would have infinitely been more successful. Don't think about it, just try it, the only regret that you will ever have is not getting it earlier. Super intuitive platfrom and stellar customer service, and self-serve training programs.

Cons:

The transcription isn't perfect but is works better than any other transcription I have ever used. It would be cool, if you could edit the transcription for library assets for training purposes

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

I don't know what we would do without Gong

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Gong is awesome! It allows every call to be recorded, analyzed and sent to the correct people. Gong allows managers to make comments on specific parts of the calls, speed up or slow down the pace and send feedback to the reps. One of the coolest parts about Gong is how the platform analyzes each call, letting the manager and caller know how much he/she talks compared to the customer/prospect, what topics were discussed, and even what words you are repeating many times.

Cons:

I think that the only thing that could be considered negative about Gong is that anyone at your company can listen to the call/recording