15 years helping Irish businesses

About Kipu

Kipu enhances enterprise and multi-provider behavioral health centers with efficient EMR, CRM, and RCM cloud solutions.

Learn more about Kipu

Pros:

The easy to use , very precise on how to find what you need to be successful in records and client information.

Cons:

There are times when I want to be able to enter medication data that Kipu is not set up to do, such as offer two options for a dose depending on pain scales or other factors.

Kipu ratings

4.7
4.6
4.7
4.6

9.0/10

Kipu has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 202 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kipu before?

Jessica
Jessica
Admissions Coordinator in US
Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

An EMR that Sincerely Strives to Meet its Clients Where They Are At & With Exceptional Service

Comments: The answer to safeguarding and organizing your patient information that integrates easily across platforms and per user. EMRs have much to do and KIPU does such a great job at it and that deserves recognition and praise.

Pros:

I had been out of the business for a few years, with previous experience with EMRs and EHRs mostly from 2011-2013, so this was my first software to use since then, in a residential inpatient substance abuse care facility (ASAM Level III), and KIPU proved utterly worthy of this review and more. Not only is it an intuitive interface, for seemingly everyone, across the spectrum of positions and experience, it is COMFORTABLE using. I cannot say that for the majority of software in this industry, and I realize that that can be largely attributed to the innate complexity and vast array of information inherent to the field of healthcare, but KIPU really is in it to win it: win with unparalleled accessibility, a team of customer service gurus who are actually PRESENT (in not in actual in person, then as close to that as possible; something that to me, means everything) and who deliver upon their solutions and help, and persistent adherence to creating the best experience for all those who use the software, keeping in tune with industry changes, client feedback, and an unwavering effort to betterment largely unmatched by its competitors. But mostly, its the ease of use and unmatched team of customer service agents that do it for me.

Cons:

There were a few places where the intricacy won out over simplicity of use; where the user had to keep in mind and remember certain nuances behind respective components (ex: Golden Thread) in order for it to function and coordinate seamlessly and across the platform. Otherwise, very little cons with KIPU. And an immense THANK YOU to such a wonderful, client-based team of truly helpful people who CARE.

Mitchell
Residential Technician in US

Very easy to learn

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Our whole company switched around Christmas and we were worried it would be a disaster but everyone learned it quickly. Passing meds and charting is so much easier, we used to keep track of meds on paper and this is preferable.

Pros:

Our whole dept learned it quickly and it is much more streamlined and user friendly than Netsmart.

Cons:

Sometimes you need to click in and out of things to get something done but really it's not that big of a deal.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Mitchell, for your positive review! We're delighted that your department found Kipu easy to learn and more streamlined than your previous solution. We appreciate your feedback on the minor navigation issues and are glad to hear that passing meds and charting are now easier. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Rachel
Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The Lie of “the gold standard”

Comments: I could honestly go on for days about why I don’t like this software but the biggest part is the lie of them calling themselves “the gold standard” on EHR when I’ve used cheaper softwares that are 10x more effective and efficient. I’ve been nothing but disappointed since day 1 of using Kipu. It’s caused me so much frustration and my team and I have to keep up with things on spreadsheets and paper still just to be able to stay organized when (for the cost of this software) should never have to use outside tools to run our program. Several things I’ve asked for Kipu responds with “Kipu doesn’t support this feature at this time” and it’s simple things that every other software I’ve used does with no question” so…..”Rachel does not support Kipu at this time” lol 😂

Pros:

Nothing at all…honestly disappointed about all features accept that it’s hippa compliant just like any other. It looks pretty like the face sheets are cute.

Cons:

-- Calendar and notes are not connected. The calendars on EHR's typically will connect appointments on calendar with the clinical note and will pre-populate date, time, service type, client name, billing provider, diagnosis codes, (and possibly tons of other important information) that the clinician shouldn't have to click or choose. This creates organization and efficiency and saves a lot of time and frustration. Kipu doesn’t do this - Calendar will suddenly stop working and won't allow me to push buttons or choose time of service without reloading the whole program.-terrible customer service: you have to write tickets for every problem and cannot talk on the phone to a person. It just took me 3 days to communicate back and forth about an issue with a calendar glitch where unwanted appointments won’t delete….the issue still isn’t resolved I’m on to day four. They’re response is for me to tell them the times the appointment are and have them delete them for me Lol 😂 like THATS an effective solution….I don’t have time to submit a ticket every time I need to delete something from my own calender…….and Don’t expect a response faster than 24 hours.

9 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you've faced. We're dedicated to enhancing our software and service, and your insights are crucial for our growth. We're actively addressing these issues and have reached out to you offer direct assistance so we can reach a final resolution. We value our community members and are committed to ensuring a positive experience with Kipu. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make it right.

Glenn
Clinical Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

KIPU review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Positive. I have had no issues with KIPU since we began using it.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to do documentation, meets our needs.

Cons:

I have no issues with KIPU and the way it works.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Glenn, for your positive review! We're delighted that Kipu meets your needs and that you find it easy to use for documentation. We're also pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience since switching to Kipu. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Jennilyn
RN Guided Imagery Hypnotherapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Happy RN-Hypnotherapist

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience has been Very positive and I highly recommend

Pros:

As an RN of 35 years I have used many systems for charting. I have found Kipu to be efficient, simple and timely. I highly recommend to any health care organization

Cons:

I frequently have to reset my password and I get frustrated

last week

Thank you, Jennilyn, for your positive review! We're delighted that you find Kipu efficient, simple, and timely, especially given your extensive experience as an RN. We appreciate your feedback on the password resets and understand the frustration. Your high recommendation means a lot to us. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Angel
Office Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

RHBH/IH KIPU 2024

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

KIPU is simple to use and provides you will a help tab the gives you detailed instruction on how too. Scheduling is easy and provides a layout that is supportive for quick viewing with settings such as day, week and even monthly.

Cons:

KIPU is sometimes slow and has glitches but software providers and administrators work diligently to correct any errors.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Angel, for your comprehensive review! We're thrilled to hear that you find Kipu simple to use and appreciate the detailed help tab and easy scheduling features. We acknowledge the occasional slowdowns which can sometimes be caused by internet connection, but are committed to refining our product to work as quickly as possible regardless of bandwidth. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Ernalyn
VP Staff Development in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

May 30, 2024 Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Kipu is extremely user friendly. Also, recent feature added was that allows you to enter dosage range now for meds.

Cons:

ERX customer support not 24/7. There has been several incidents where we needed support.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Ernalyn, for your detailed review! We're pleased to hear that you find Kipu extremely user-friendly and appreciate the recent feature for entering dosage ranges. We acknowledge your feedback regarding eRx customer support and will consider it for future improvements. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Allison
Behavioral Health Technician in US

Easy to navigate

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have used KIPU for over 2 years, and have never had any issues navigating the system of data entry. Super simple and organized.

Pros:

What I like most about KIPU is how organized and easy it is to use.

Cons:

Sometimes the system seems like it can use a few improvements.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Allison, for your fantastic review! We're thrilled that you find Kipu organized and easy to use. Your feedback on potential improvements is valuable, and we appreciate your continued support over the past two years. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Lura
Primary Addictions Counselor in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Kipu made my life so much easier

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ease of using Kipu has been a godsend. I have everything I need to assist my Clients at my fingertips, and it makes progress notes a breeze.

Cons:

While it did take some time to understand all of the options to access, it was easy to learn.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Lura, for your wonderful review! We're thrilled that Kipu has made your work easier and that you find it a valuable tool for assisting your clients and managing progress notes. We appreciate your feedback about the learning curve and are glad it was easy to overcome. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Sherri
Case manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Tellurian

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Kipu is easy to use and learn and is a great product.

Pros:

Able to put in data and storage in a safe program.

Cons:

There no issue with this program at all.

2 weeks ago

Thank you, Sherri, for your fantastic review! We're delighted to hear that you find Kipu easy to use, secure, and a great product overall. Your positive feedback means a lot to us. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

steven
Operations Director in US

Kipu- user friendly.

Comments: Been using it for years and I absolutely love it. I recommend it every where I go if there using something different.

Pros:

If I do have a problem there is always someone to talk to and resolve my issue quickly.

Cons:

Don’t really have one. It’s basically a do it all system.

10 months ago

Hi Steven, Thank you for your glowing review and for recommending Kipu! We're thrilled to hear that you find our system user-friendly and that our support team has been helpful in addressing any issues promptly. Your loyalty and trust over the years mean a lot to us, and we're honored to be your choice of system. Thank you for being a valued member of the Kipu community!

Rebecca
Behavioral Technician in US

Kipu Review

Comments: I like using KIPU and have used similar products, it is by far the easiest to learn and to teach.

Pros:

I like that it is easy to use and navigate. Also, when I am training a employee it seems easy for them to catch on to as well.

Cons:

Its has gone down twice since I have been an employee at my job, and that is only a little over six months.

10 months ago

Hi Rebecca, We're thrilled to hear that you and your team find Kipu easy to use and train with. We aim to make our platform as intuitive as possible. We understand the inconvenience that can be caused by any downtime and we're continuously working on enhancing our system's reliability and doing this during low usage times like overnight. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that you have a positive experience overall. Thank you for being a part of the Kipu community!

Best Reporting Features, Visually Pleasing & User Friendly

Comments: I overall think this is the best, they have the best reporting and the most thorough documenting capabilities, I also like the layout, I have also used best notes and in comparison that seems like an old windows 95 version of a software compared to KIPU which is a visually pleasing, user friendly, streamlined web based one.

Pros:

I use a lot of the features that include pulling reports on an almost daily basis in which to code and bill from as a certified medical coder and biller. I have seen how thorough and accurate the reporting is and the software is able to quickly pull this necessary information for me to reference as I'm going through it to ensure accuracy for billing. Kipu has had great documentation features and allows the clinicians to do their job so that people like us can just use the great software and take care of the behind the scenes RCM (revenue cycle management) aspect.

Cons:

I think it is a really great software, I have noticed that different facilities make use of the customizations and really utilize all that it has to offer while others do not. I feel that some also have issues with documentation completion within a reasonable time frame for billing and it might be helpful to have more alerts in the forms that they need to review/ complete, or have form templates/drop downs when asking particular questions, etc. Also, when searching for a patient name sometimes I may type it with a small typo and it will show with no results, I wonder if there is a way to have it populate if it is a close match such as "Thomas and Tomas". Like how google does "did you mean?.. " and show close options. because that would save time with having to go back and forth too.

Irene
Program Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great performance, flexible to add and modify

Comments: Outstanding customer service and responsiveness for all aspects of business. Being web based makes it easy to access from any platform. Super easy to use and has intuitive guidance for building features. Currently, t Kipu is the only software which has successfully integrated FASMs with Florida DCF's Carisk System.

Pros:

Ease to modify, add features. Easy to use and train

Cons:

What started as a "con" in that we had to identify all the parts, documents, etc that we wanted in the system... We thought we were purchasing a plug and play that we could modify briefly.....turned out to be a fantastic benefit in that Kipu team reviewed our existing documents, provided insights on their standard documents/tools

10 months ago

Hi Irene, We're thrilled to hear you found our system flexible and easy to use. Your initial 'con' turning into a benefit truly encapsulates our commitment to tailoring our system to your needs. Thank you for your kind words about our customer service and the integrative features of Kipu! Thanks for being part of the Kipu community!

Support staff in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Everything I need

Comments: My overall experience with quipu has been very good. Before I worked for substance abuse facility I worked for a pharmacy where I learned how to use KIPU. My experience with KIPU has been all good.

Pros:

The thing I like most about KIPU is, I am able to input and store all the critical information that I need to keep without having to write it down on paper. I am able to check each client and see all the information because it is right there at my fingertips and easily accessible.

Cons:

The only thing I can say that I like least about KIPU is that if I am not using it for a few minutes, it turns itself off, and I have to sign in every time it does that. I wish you would stay on a little longer.

10 months ago

Hi John, Thank you for sharing your experience with Kipu. We're thrilled to hear that it's helping you manage client information efficiently. We'll take note of the sign-in feedback and strive to enhance the user experience further while maintaining the highest security standards. Thanks for being a part of the Kipu community!

crystal
LPN in US

Kipu use

Comments: I have used it to it's fullest in other facilities, I have enjoyed that. I wish that this facility would utilize all the features to make it easier for complete client care.

Pros:

I like that I am able to see the roster in a glance. I also like that I am able to go into provider notes to double check orders.

Cons:

I feel as though it could be more user friendly with charting needs. I also wish that there were to be multiple uses here. IE appointments; F/U NN

10 months ago

Hi Crystal, We're pleased to hear that you find the roster and provider notes feature useful. We understand your concerns about charting and multi-functionality, and we're continually working to enhance our system's usability and versatility based on feedback from users like you. Your experience and satisfaction are important to us, so we will consider your input for future updates. Thank you for being a valuable member of the Kipu community!

Tamilynn
Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

KIPU Makes Documenting Seamless!!

Comments: love it!!!! would highly recommend it!!!

Pros:

As a therapist KIPU offers a great product for the mental health field. This system is easy to use, navigate and is relevant to the functions I must perform on a daily basis. KIPU's seamless end to end system allows me to chart the progress of my patient, write progress notes, treatment plans, intakes, discharges, medical charts, clinical assessments all in one place. KIPU is by far one of the easiest systems I have used and takes all the stress out of documenting and notetaking. Love this system would highly recommend it!!

Cons:

nothing. Everything is already preloaded making my documenting seamless.

10 months ago

Hi Tamilynn, We're overjoyed to know how much Kipu is assisting you in your daily work and making your documenting seamless. Your positive feedback reinforces our commitment to make Kipu the best EMR tool. Thank you for your kind words and recommendation! Thanks for being part of the Kipu community!

Rachel
Mental Health Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review from a therapist

Comments: I found it extremely easy to navigate and provides easy and through documentation.

Pros:

I like how easily accessible documentation is in Kipu also being able to have patients be able to complete documentation in real time and have the results immediately is wonderful.

Cons:

I think there are ways we could be utilizing Kipu to assist with scheduling which I believe is an available option in kipu, it is just not being utilized by my company at this time.

10 months ago

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your positive feedback! It's wonderful to hear that Kipu's real-time documentation feature has been beneficial in your role as a therapist. As for your comment on scheduling, you're absolutely right. Kipu does offer a robust scheduler which can be turned on by your Super Admin. We encourage you to talk to your team about implementing this feature to further enhance your experience. We're thrilled to hear you find Kipu easy to navigate and useful for documentation. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Tristan
Care coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Kipuuuuuu

Comments: My overall experience is actually pretty good. It was very easy to learn, especially when someone else had the knowledge that they could show me and it's easy to explain. The interface and adding forms can be a difficult but only because they delete or they delete other information entered. But other than that keep you is amazing and the core functions are just really convenient

Pros:

Keep you makes it easy to read medications to assess clients and to enter groups

Cons:

Adding forms, attachments, organizing by date

10 months ago

Hi Tristan, We're delighted to hear about your positive experience with Kipu. Your feedback regarding form and attachment organization is appreciated and will be considered in our ongoing improvements. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community.

kathy
Compliance Officer in US

Love Kipu !

Comments: Increased client census. Ease of use by physicians and clinicians. Ease of compliance audits and record requests.

Pros:

Help team. Always professional and knowledgeable. Speedy completion of tickets. User friendly and great initial set up and training.

Cons:

Nothing. No difficulty in integrating from our prior EHR.

10 months ago

Hi Kathy, Thank you for your positive feedback on Kipu! We're thrilled to hear about your seamless integration and the benefits you've experienced with our system. Our commitment is to continue providing top-notch service and support. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community.

Bryan
Behavioral Health Technician in US

Most User Friendly EMR

Comments: This EMR makes it very easy to see someone's progress in treatment, track their overall health, see their medications and provide notes about their participation in the treatment milieu.

Pros:

I absolutely love the ease of use and how user friendly it truly is. The EMR is truly self explanatory. The options to auto-popukate documents based on what you need is incredible.

Cons:

I haven't found anything recently to be bothersome. The improvement of KIPU through the years has been amazing.

10 months ago

Hi Bryan, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that Kipu EMR is contributing positively to your treatment processes. Thanks for being part of the Kipu community.

Albert
Treatment Technician in US

Kipu EMR

Comments: I've been using it for just under 6 years and have been happy with the product.

Pros:

The system is very user friendly. I use it daily taking group notes, entering daily updates, group assignment, and ROI's and consents.

Cons:

Nothing at this time. When I first started using it the page didn't update as quickly as it does now. I lost some work in the beginning.

10 months ago

Hi Albert, We're thrilled to hear about your ongoing positive experience with Kipu over the past six years. our feedback is crucial to our continuous effort to improve our system and we're constantly refining our product to load faster. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community.

Dawn
Counselor/Case Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

KIPU is the best system out there!

Comments: Just that it is easy to navigate

Pros:

KIPU is the best platform I have used in my career as a counselor and a case manager. It's user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons:

the glitches it experiences at times. Gets frustrating when I need to get notes in

10 months ago

Hi Dawn, Thank you for your glowing feedback! We're thrilled it serves you well in your roles. We understand the frustration with occasional glitches and are working diligently to resolve them. We appreciate your continued trust and are delighted you're a part of the Kipu community!

Renee
case manager/ SUD counselor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Kipu

Comments: I love Kipu, a lot better than Bestnotes

Pros:

The golden thread is useful, and the tabs make it easy to locate important information

Cons:

When its not set up right, the golden thread is convenient when it's set up right to auto populate info through chart

10 months ago

Hi Renee, Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you appreciate the golden thread and our intuitive design. We're always working to improve, and your insights are invaluable. We're happy you're enjoying Kipu more than your previous system. Thank you for being part of the Kipu community!

Judy
admissions coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Working with KIPU daily doing admissions for a recovery center, makes client portals so much easier

Comments: Great !!

Pros:

Kipu is an essential tool!! It individualizes each client with all the outcomes of the team notes and therapy, nursing, incidentals, and labs, toxicology well as their intake property and releases. From the moment they are in the door until they are discharged this is an effective tool for client tracking and support.

Cons:

I feel there is improvement for better photos for property and client belongings should have an upgraded system of what is given to the client to use and what is restricted and photos.

10 months ago

Hi Judy, Thank you for your detailed review! We are thrilled to hear that Kipu has been instrumental in streamlining your admissions process and client tracking. We appreciate your feedback regarding the property and client belongings photos - we're continually working to improve our system, and your insight is valuable for these enhancements. Thanks for being part of the Kipu community!