• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is a human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

Showing 4,975 reviews

Rashid C.
Teaching Assistant
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/3/2021

"ADP Work Force Now Review"

Comments: I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

Pros: ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

Cons: Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

• Reviewed on 10/3/2021
Allison S.
manager
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/2/2021

"best decision ever"

Comments: employees are in total control over their time, deductions, etc. this saves time and money.

Pros: This platform is linear - anywhere you need to navigate is connected so circling back is easy. The backdoor for employees is amazing - they can mange their own time and W-2, stubs etc.

Cons: last year the 1099 process was a mess, the non automated parts are tricky. We submitted our request then it goes to a group of people printing them out in batches - it was frustrating but they fixed ours no cost!

• Reviewed on 10/2/2021
Sally G.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2021

"ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business"

Comments: Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances. But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country, and it generally takes me between one and 8 hours overall to get any type of problem fixed. That is not an exaggeration. And I know to expect that almost every time, the call will get disconnected and I may or may not hear back from that representative. Being 100% unable to rely on their product support to fix our issues can be a huge problem when the error involves payroll which is under a deadline!

Pros: The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons: The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use. We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain to them how to use it, when this feature should really be self-explanatory. In addition, administrators are unable to pull or print a calendar showing time off for all employees in a given time period. This seems like information that's crucial from a business perspective, but apparently if we don't pay for the Time & Attendance module, we do not get the full functionality of the PTO system. Disappointing, to say the least. Another big disappointment is figuring out how to use this product to distribute and track company policies that require signatures, print a report with the results, etc. I'm not sure it works at all....I have been unable to figure it out, and therefore gave up on that.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2021
Kym W.
Human Resource/ Payroll Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2019

"ADP"

Comments: After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros: ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons: The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

• Reviewed on 29/8/2019
Monica W.
HR Manager
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2017

"For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive."

Comments: I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros: There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons: The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

by ADP on 25/7/2017

Monica -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: [email protected]

Phillip C.
Hospital Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"ADP User"

Comments: My overall experience has been excellent. Their customer service is knowledgeable and skilled. I do not wait long when I need to reach them. They have been critical to my business navigating the COVID-19 crisis. I would have made countless blunders if not for their HR and accounting departments knowledge of the COVID guidelines and policies. Very impressed with ADP and will continue to use them in my office.

Pros: Everything is very seamless and contained. The tabs are self-explanatory and easy to navigate. You can gather all the info you need for an individual from the same page. Quick and easy to learn. Processes that can be cumbersome on other systems flow smoothly with ADP's system

Cons: I do not have any cons. Minor things that I wanted improved in the past have all been handled with periodic updates and patches.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020
Adrian B.
SVP of Finance
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

"ADP"

Comments: WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros: Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons: Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

Margaret C.
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/8/2019

"2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow"

Comments: The most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.

Pros: WFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.

Cons: The constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.

Hannah W.
Payroll Department Supervisor
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2017

"Going on 2 years as a satisfied customer."

Comments: ADP's WorkforceNow platform has made a significant difference in our daily payroll and reporting process. The benefits and ACA tracking alone saves us hundreds of hours a year and keeps us inline for compliance in these areas. The platform is easy to use and when something new is needed the Customer Service Center is always available to walk us through the process or set up training if needed. Maintenance is scheduled during late evening hours so there is never an inconvenience to our business and I have yet to encounter a system glitch or problem, which is a great comfort. We operate in multiple States with multiple local tax jurisdictions and ADP's WorkforceNow platform, customer service website and Client Services team streamlines the set up and additions that we need regularly.
The paydata batches are easy to set up and use and the avalibility of making employee changes while working on a payroll is very helpful. You can click on an employee while in the payroll paydata sheet, give a raise increase, change tax withholding, or change a work location and click right back to the payroll paydata sheet and continue. This is a great function that we use constantly. I have a great many reasons to be thankful that my company uses ADP's WorkforceNow and I highly recommend it.

Pros: Easy of use, availability of training and helpful customer service.

Cons: Would like to see standard and sample reports have explanations. You have to open each report to see if it is what you are looking for and this can be time consuming. A brief explanation of what the report covers or a snapshot template of what the report run looks like would be helpful.

by ADP on 13/2/2017

Hannah - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We value your feedback, and I will take your suggestions on reporting to our development team. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out. [email protected] Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.

• Reviewed on 9/2/2017
Steve F.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/9/2019

"If you have to track your employees time and attendance and manage payroll..."

Comments: - I am only a user and I can only comment on my usage for logging-on, punch-in's and punch-out's and creating time reports for myself.
- I know that the system is used to track time for submission to ADP who then generates paychecks and direct deposits.

Pros: - It is easy to use once you navigate around a bit.
- It allows you to create reports for yourself of the time you put in.
- Reports are acceptable to Social Security for compliance verification.
- There is an APP for smartphones.

Cons: - Sometimes, if you go to a particular screen or function, it is difficult to find your way back to the screen that you started from.
- The browser "back" function does not work as you would expect.
- Sometimes it warns you that it cannot run because there is another active instance, even though you have signed-off and closed the tab earlier.
- It may require the complete clearing of your browser cache to fix previous problem.
- It forces you to change your password at regular intervals, even if you don't want to.
- If you have trouble entering your password, it will invalidate your account and force you to use the password reset process.
- If you forget your password, the process to reset it is cumbersome, finicky and prone to failures or rejections.
- It remember too many previously used passwords when changing passwords.
- It determines new password validity based on previous passwords and use of similar new passwords is very strict and often denied.

• Reviewed on 26/9/2019
Gustave A.
Director of Business Development
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2020

"Decent integrations, a little clunky interfaces"

Comments: Solid soution, needs some UX updates to keep up with the edgy cloud solutions.

Pros: The best parts of this software is that it is able to integrate a bunch of needs/functions from payroll, time tracking, offer letters, etc, that small business needs. Solid solution for having an HR team without the whole team.

Cons: Many of the interfaces are last-decade and clunky. The time tracking tool really feels like old SAP database and does not have the ease of use that Toggl does. There are also a myriad of urls' that one has to keep straight...

• Reviewed on 5/10/2020
Linda P.
Director of Finance
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees

"Great system"

Pros: Customer Service, knowledge of staff, functionality, integration with general ledger system

Cons: There really isn't anything from my perspective that i do not like about ADP.

Lauren S.
Leasing Agent
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/8/2019

"Convenient & EASY time and pay management!"

Comments: It saves my HR, payroll, and managers a ton of time due to us employees having access to our time cards. We are able to log in, adjust punch in/out times and add, edit, and delete notes from our time cards. We are in control and that takes a lot of stress off their shoulders. Overall, ADP WorkforceNow has saved us a lot of time, stress, and upset. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros: #1 - the ease of use. It's one of the easiest sites to navigate that our team uses. Even when I first started using the site, I was able to find my way around easily and didn't experience any confusion. When I had to print off pay stubs and other documents, I found them within seconds and was able to print them off easily. Everything is stored and organized for you, no need to move things around manually. I love this site. #2 - the app! I downloaded the app so that I could easily access my time cards and make notes for payroll when needed. Also I wanted to be able to view my paychecks before they were deposited into my account. I can do all of this and more on the app! It's visually appealing, simple to use, and is free to download! I love this app an site. I'm so grateful for it and look forward to using it for years to come. Thanks WorkforceNow!

Cons: At times, the site can be slow to load. This can be affected by slow wi-fi or being in a dead zone, however there have been times that I've got great connection, I've cleared my internet cache, everything is updated, and it still runs slow. This is rare, however, and has never deterred me from using the site/app.
I still love everything about ADP - no other complaints, and still highly recommend.

• Reviewed on 12/8/2019
Maria S.
Payroll Manager
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/3/2018

"I've used ADP for over 25 years and they are constantly upgrading the software so benefit the user."

Comments: I am new to this company but prior to this company I also used Workforce Now and used, IReports and IPay and WGPS. Within the last 6 months I have implemented IPay, IReports and WGPS with my current employer. My team in Texas has also implemented these products with my direction.

Pros: The software is easy to use and user friendly. ADP is constantly changing for the better and makes the user's life less stressful. I love the new Workforce Now with the immediate previews and how you can add schedules or change them. I love when I get a SUI change that I can go in myself and add the new rates. I love IPay and I Reports and I know I am going to love IArrive. Now employees can go in and change the taxes and direct deposits on their own. ADP's customer service is A1, fantastic, awesome and so on. I have used the Bridge several times and thoroughly love it.

Cons: I recently got a credit in my payroll account and I wasn't sure what it was for. I looked on Workforce Now in the banking and taxes section and could not find a place that would tell me what the credit was for. I called ADP's customer service and of course once again was able to help me immediately. It would be nice if there was a way to see what the credit was on the website.

• Reviewed on 13/3/2018
Assistant Photo Editor
Publishing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/8/2019

"ADP is a great tool for businesses"

Comments: Really happy overall.

Pros: ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons: Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

• Reviewed on 6/8/2019
Michael K.
Senior Talent Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2019

"Makes HR and people needing HR very easy!"

Comments: I don't have ADP Workforce now anymore, my company changed tools recently. I miss ADP Workforce Now, it was so easy to on-board, customer service is top notch, and you have a personal representative to contact if you do need help or have an issue.

Pros: I like how easy and dependible ADP Workforce Now is to use. It's available via mobile application or desktop, it organizes all of your paystubs, w2 tax forms, withholding and insurance. One thing ADP Workforce Now does better than any other tool, is the vacation and benefit accrual tool. It accurately show how much vacation you've accrued, how, many HSA dollar you and the company have contributed and how to plan for other perks your company offers. Even if you switch to a different company, you can always go back to ADP Workforce now to get important tax information for employment verification, loans, etc.

Cons: The one think I don't necessarily like is the UI. There are a lot of option when trying to find what you are looking for and can be difficult to distinguish if it's a personal or a company item. This is me nitpicking, but I found myself a few times trying to get to a specific accrual request and having trouble locating it.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2019
Kimberlynn G.
Staffing Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Makes our company payroll so easy"

Pros: We use ADP Workforce now all of the time. We love how easy it is to make changes, how easy it is to access, and how quickly our requests are processed. We also love that fact that certain changes are time stamped so we can always trace our steps. ADP is really a great app. The customer service is also wonderful, any time our company has had to call to request help or changes, they are their immediately to help.

Cons: Changes to the software seem to come quickly. It would be nice to be notified and possibly have a tutorial sent out explaining changes.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Carmen S.
Payroll Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/8/2017

"too many upgrades that sometimes change fields"

Pros: It's an online software and it is faster to reject payroll before transmitting it. I do like the option to cancel or void a check without calling ADP and having the option to upload information.

Cons: Continue upgrades. I'm getting tired of all the changes that sometimes instead of speeding the process it slow it down, it seems it can not get straight. I do not like the report section and of course it is annoying not to have the options to add the fields I want when creating batches. I have to use the fields that someone decided are the fields needed to create batches. I do not like at all that when I click on People (Personal information, employment or pay) the first employee in alphabetical order shows up or the last employee I was working on pops up. I'd like to have the option to select an employee without having on the screen the information of the first employee or the last one I was working on

by ADP on 2/8/2017

Carmen -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you are not satisfied with our current upgrade. I certainly don't want that to happen, and would love to connect you with the appropriate resources to help you in the future. Please feel free to reach out: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 1/8/2017
Patricia D.
Assistant Controller
Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2017

"ADP WFN is a great piece of software, and ADP has wonderful customer service."

Comments: This software allowed us to incorporate T&A, payroll and benefits into one piece of software. This allows HR and payroll to work more seamlessly together. We generate less paperwork, because property supervisors now submit one report for payroll, instead of multiple pieces of paper showing hours, time off, etc.

Pros: This software is capable of handling all aspects of our payroll. The payroll GL interface works wonderfully and saves a lot of time each pay period. ADP's customer service is excellent. Customer service is able to rectify most issues with the first phone call.

Cons: The software is so expansive and we utilize several different modules. So some of the steps for processing payroll are not linear. This makes training a new user a challenge. Example, if an employee wants to be paid out 40 hrs of vacation. We have to add those hours to the paydata batch after pulling over time cards. It could be put in it's own batch as well. But then, we need to remember to change the time off balances in T&A manually. So the thing I like least about the software, is payroll is not an easy step-by-step process.

by ADP on 25/7/2017

Patricia -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product.I am glad you are discovering many of the software's unique features. I would be more than happy to connect you with the appropriate resources to help you with some of your issues. Please feel free to reach out: [email protected]

Paige W.
Business Ops Analyst/Payroll Specialist

"ADP Review"

Comments: It's fairly excellent minus a few glitches.

Pros: The interface and dedication to upgrading the product regularly to make sure we're getting the most use out of it. I love the SmartCompliance section as well.

Cons: The regular maintenance updates and lack of notifying us-- causing some glitches on payroll day. There need to be some more tweaks with the termination wizard. It would be nice if there was also a new hire wizard similar to that of term wizard (for first pays).

Luella W.
Global Payroll/Benefits Manager
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

"ADP"

Comments: My experience with ADP has been good, I would recommend ADP to any company.

Pros: Easy to get around in. Good training provided. Customer Service is very good and tries to fix your problem while you are on the phone with them.

Cons: Would like a better report righter that allowed for reports with in a report and other features to be a more robust report writer.

Ryan F.
Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2018

"Easy to use with a good quality feel, a little on the expensive side and the support is not the best"

Comments: Makes my life easier by streamlining a lot of the required processes.

Pros: This software is excellent. It feels like an expensive piece of software and is very easy to use. It completes nearly every feature you could need. I especially like the reporting function. If a report that you want doesn't exist they can create the report for you.

Cons: This is a tie between the cost of the software and the support you receive. The cost is a bit on the high side, although you will feel the quality in the system so that does kind of offset the cost. The customer service experience needs a lot more work, some times you get transferred from department to department. It does seem they are working to address this now as they have tried to introduce a one point of contact service person now, but I rarely can get in touch with this person on the first call and almost always have to leave a message. My contact person normally calls me back in the same day, but I suspect that if they hired more people in this area I could actually call in and talk to my contact person without having to leave a message and wait for a return call.

• Reviewed on 15/3/2018
Caryn A.
Controller
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2018

"WorkforceNow Review"

Comments: My position as controller is a little hectic, and I just don't have to worry about payroll or payroll taxes at all anymore. WorkforceNow has really relieved a lot of stress for me.

Pros: The Time & Attendance, Time Off features are very helpful, and the Self Service Open Enrollment function for Benefits has completely updated our previously manual system. I love that we can deliver required documents to employees through WorkforceNow. The Bridge has also been a huge help when I just have a quick question.

Cons: I've been working with WorkforceNow for several years, and it has taken me a while to get comfortable with all the features. I know that we are not using everything that is available to us, and it's only because I don't have the time available to learn more about it. But I know that eventually we'll get there.
Also, I'd like to see more options/functionality with the portal configuration. It's such a great feature, but it's a little hard to work with when adding images.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2018
Mike L.
Film Crew
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/4/2020

"A reasonable solution for employers and employees"

Comments: Workforce seems to be one of the better programs for its intended purpose. It also appears to allow a fair degree of permissions customizability for employers, so employees don't have access to confidential information. Cannot speak to firsthand experience on this end though.

Pros: I and my coworkers at AMC Theatres use Workforce as the main hub to access our employment information including weekly schedule, pay history, availability, and more. The information is all stored very consistenly and cleanly, and the interface is very simple to use. Any information not directly on the workforce site can be accessed via links embedded on the front page. All of these features make it very easy to view my schedule, request time off, perform shift trades, and pull up information on past work weeks as well as an overview of my employment history.

Cons: Some features are a little hidden. For example, to find the employee phone directory requires a few more steps than one might expect. In addition, the shift trade system isn't always the most reliable, and will often have to be manually overridden by management, largely defeating the purpose.

• Reviewed on 20/4/2020
Kathy K.
VP/Payroll & Benefit Manager
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"Review for WorkforceNow"

Comments: Overall my experience has been positive and the payroll processing is always accurate.

Pros: Being able to keep all employment, payroll and benefit information in one software. Also being able to create and run reports using any of this data.

Cons: What I like least is how often updates/upgrades are done that aren't communicated well in advance of them occurring and not being tested well enough to know what other issues the updates/upgrades cause. We just get a process in place that runs smoothly and an update/upgrade breaks something in that process or adds another step or even steps to the process. Another thing that I like least about the software is because it is internet based if connectivity isn't the best changes and processes can take considerably longer to do. Even if I am using the software to look up things or even trying to make a change I will be timed out and have to log back in and start over. I realize this may be for security but it is still irritating.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018