• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About WorkforceNow

Save time and money and gain peace of mind with ADP Workforce Now, the cloud based HR suite that makes managing your workforce easier.

Learn more about WorkforceNow

Showing 25 reviews of 4,804

Jessica B.
Customer Service Representative
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/8/2020

"Simple features"

Comments: overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

Pros: easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

Cons: customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

• Reviewed on 30/8/2020
Abby S.
Assistant Director
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"One of the least user friendly systems I've ever used"

Comments: I have nothing positive to say about ADP. I believe our company had good intentions of utilizing this software, but it has been nothing but a headache for us.

Pros: Once you're able to find the information, ADP is comprehensive and has employee's information readily accessible in several areas. I think the only positive thing I have to say about this system is that you're able to reset your login password yourself, as opposed to an administrator having to do it.

Cons: There are so many things that I do not like about this software - some of the main areas of concern/difficulty: 1. There are entirely too many "widgets" to navigate through to get to the information. Information can be accessed in so many different ways, it's confusing to find what is most efficient. Personally, I think two options is a reasonable approach. It seems like we're always finding new ways to get to the same information, as opposed to it being streamlined. I don't like all the options - we have been using ADP for almost a year now and I STILL do not know how to find certain information. 2. I am an administrator and have access to an entire team (300+ employees) information. Our employer thought that ADP would work to streamline things and make accessing their information easier. Unfortuantely, I have to go through many windows and "filters" to find the information I'm looking for. 3. There are ghosts in the system that we have not been able to determine why they keep happening. For example, we have several employees we keep entering schedules for, and despite saving them, entering them through different administrators, those employees schedules WILL NOT save. 4. This system's effectiveness is largely reliant upon a company's own data entry procedures. Someone, somewhere, is entering my team's information incorrectly. As a result, I will randomly come across employees who have been misentered into the system and our IT department has to resolve.

by ADP Comprehensive Services on 9/1/2019

Hi Abby, I'm sorry to hear about your experience using the technology. I would be happy to connect with you an ADP payroll representative who can meet with you to improve the experience. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/7/2019

"Workforcenow for productivity"

Comments: It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

Pros: Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

Cons: Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

• Reviewed on 28/7/2019
Linda W.
Transaction Specialist Management
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2020

"Best Way to keep Time"

Comments: We use this to keep track of our shift and PTO. I really enjoyed the PTO system, made it so convenient to plan vacations with the calendar PTO estimator.

Pros: ADP responded quickly and updated the information just as quickly. Very user friendly, plus clear instruction on how to perform task.

Cons: I can't think of anything I disliked about ADP. It was always working and fast to update. Easy to use without any training.

• Reviewed on 7/5/2020
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason"

Comments: This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros: This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons: ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Meir G.
EVP
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2017

"Excellent Product"

Comments: I use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.

Pros: 1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well.
2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent!
3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing.
4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee.
5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!

Cons: During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

by Lori on 4/4/2017

Meir –

First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP’s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 31/3/2017
Katie L.
HR
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"ADP Review"

Comments: Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

Pros: What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

Cons: I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

Susan F.
Payroll Adminstrator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2018

"ADP Workforce Now"

Comments: ADP will always be my preferred payroll software of choice.

Pros: I have used ADP software for nearly 3 decades and have experienced its growth and expansion. The software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn and for the most part is designed to conducive to the needs of payroll professionals. ADP always seems to be looking for the best ways to tackle a complex software system which includes so many aspects, taxes on Federal, State and Local levels, benefits, time and attendance, not to mention payroll itself and all of the important laws and calculations. It is very important for payroll professionals and their companies to trust an outsourcing software and company to guard them from error, mistakes and penalties. ADP accomplishes better than anyone else in their industry.

Cons: In July 2017, ADP adopted a new customer service model which has been very poor. Understanding that they need time to work out the kinks, however it has been 8 months and I would still rate the system quite poor.

by Lori on 12/2/2018

Susan -

Thank you for providing a detailed review of our WFN product. We truly appreciate your feedback on our new service model. We are continuing to evolve our model and are invested in making the experience a stellar one for our clients. I have asked a member of our Client Loyalty team to reach out to you directly to get more detailed feedback on what is working for you and what changes you would like to see in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need any assistance. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 9/2/2018
Robin B.
Admin Assistant - Finance
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2017

"WFN Review"

Comments: I have almost 20 years experience using ADP - paper, several versions of Enterprise, and WFN. The system has a lot of plusses, but I miss some functionality I had with the older version - my biggest 'loss' is the ability to 'hover' over a field and get the field name used for reports. Cust Service seems to be out sourced now, calling in for support is hit or miss - I prefer speaking to someone locally who is an expert on the product, instead of someone reading prompts from a script. Still better than other products - but since changing from a company that was an ADP national account to a smaller company using a regional account, there is a definite difference in support. I don't think my new company was guided well in setting up their product - they had no experience with ADP, and didn't know what to ask. New regional rep (Anthony) has been very helpful, as well as the experts at the ADP conference last fall.

Pros: Reputation, reliability, convenience

Cons: version updates/changes can be frustrating - you learn a product and get used to it's functions, and they change how it works. REALLY would like to get back the ability to hover over a field and find the field name used in Custom Reports - total time waster having to search for something either in the pdf file or through the thousands of choices in the catalog.

by ADP on 13/2/2017

Robin - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product/service. I am sorry your experience has been inconsistent. We have not outsourced any part of our Customer Service, but we do provide support within and outside of the US. Please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to assist you with whatever you need. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 9/2/2017
Kary W.
Business Support Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2019

"ADP Workforce Now"

Comments: The time to process payroll was tremendously reduced. The ACA measurement period piece helps you to identify who and when to offer benefits, And LOVE that you have a person assigned to company that you can directly contact for issues and support.

Pros: Easy of use., accuracy, development, customization, ACA Reporting, validating direct deposits.

Cons: Purged employees not being able to edit, Not being able to add local taxes without creating a new employee number or transferring them, and not having access to tax support- only being able to upload documents and wait for responses.

• Reviewed on 29/8/2019
Lanita P.
Human Resources Manager
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2019

"One Stop Shop!"

Comments: My experience has been fantastic! Compared to what we had before, it's so much better because I have the reporting capabilities I never had before and in HR, you run a lot of reports. I've never had a question that ADP didn't have an answer for so I've learned a lot!

Pros: WorkforceNow is a one-stop-shop! You can enter new hire information, scan in certificates, track and report on any needed data, process payroll, go paperless, robust HRIS system, amazing customer service, and this is just to name a few!

Cons: I have employees who earn a salary and also earn an hourly wage. This seems to be difficult for the system to calculate and is a manual process for me.

• Reviewed on 28/8/2019
Angelika C.
HR & Payroll Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/3/2018

"I love ADP workforce to maintaining our employee records, payroll and all that is has to offer!!!"

Comments: I would like to start by saying that I truly love the system and the support that is has provided be in my everyday job. But if there is one thing that I believe could be improved on is the ease of customizing your own reports.

Pros: The aspect of this software that I like the most if the actual layout of the program and ease of use. The program is very easy to navigate and organized. Also the customer service that comes with the software is impeccable! Whenever you call into ADP there are reps there eager to assist you and the wait time is usually very minimal that is does not interrupt your whole day to fix one issue. Another part of this software that I like the most is the time and attendance piece. On our previous system we would always have problems when the weather was bad or had a power outage or for some undetermined reason the time clocks would not work or need to be reboot. But with the time and attendance with ADP and the time clocks that they have provided I have not had one problem in the last three years which is also the amount of time we have had the time and attendance system... which has been a dream compared to our previous system.

• Reviewed on 14/3/2018
Larissa R.
Payroll Manager
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/8/2019

"Robust always evolving system"

Comments: Paperless onboarding and electronic document storage make finding necessary documents for auditors a breeze and are very easy to setup. The work number helps cut down on the number of VOE's and they are constantly adding new things to their marketplace which integrate easily with ADP.

Pros: If you can dream it up ADP can do it and there will be frequent releases of improvements based on the feedback you provide!

Cons: Sometimes the system is glitchy when an improvement is about to be released

Teniesia M.
Sr Human Resources Administrator
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2020

"ADP WorkforceNow - Thumbs up user"

Comments: Payroll is excellent and keeping out tax records up to date is major in any organization. WorkforceNow is great for payroll. We've been able to use the Onboarding tool which is great. Our new hires can register and give their pertinent information prior to their start date. That saves a lot of time on their first day.

Pros: I enjoy the user interface. When I review other products they seem clunky. The drop down menus make it clear what I am on their for. I like that it is taylored to what users need. Product suggestions is an awesome tool that the system offers to let ADP know what the customers wants.

Cons: Some fields we would like to customize cannot be accomplished. For example some email templates we would like to put in our own words can't be. WorkforceNow offers canned templates that could work but we would like to make it our own.

• Reviewed on 17/6/2020
Kristen B.
HR Manager
Mining & Metals, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"ADP Workforce Now - client for 3 years"

Comments: Obtaining assisstance from the Central Service Center is sometimes not the best. Clients do not have dedictated support from central service therefore the client has to understand their specific programming in ADP to be sure that they explain the details and the solution provided does not impact other areas within their set up. ADP has been responsive and appears to be increasing customer service through a dedicated representative and payoll account manager.

Pros: Easy to use, able to be implemented within a tight time line, improvements to the platform are included in quarterly updates, security of data.

Cons: Enhanced time is the timekeeping platform that interfaces with Workforce Now. Ehanced time has too many connection to server errors that occur and is not able to handle complex attendance and pay rules without users taking actions on timecards and within the attendance module. Workforce Now users are most successfull when they dedicate time to attend training classes provided by ADP. If time is tight then it is difficult for the user to increase their knowledge of the system capabilities.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Kathryn S.
CFO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2017

"ADP is continually working on improving - happy with WorkForceNow!"

Pros: First - ADP is always making changes and improvements to their web-based software. (Also - the fact that it's web-based enables our managers to run payroll for their department even when not in the building.)
In the past few years we've been using ADP, the portal gets more and more user-friendly, with a clean large-buttoned home screen.
Their customer service is second-to-none; we rarely have an issue getting through to someone (occasional long hold times) and every representative we've spoken to has always been helpful and friendly. They also do a great job of updating their software to keep up with the latest in ACA rules and regulations as well.

Cons: We self-file our taxes, and each quarter we have to specifically request ADP provide certain reports. We would prefer the reports be automatically available either via their main portal or through the iReporting software.

by ADP on 30/6/2017

Kathryn - thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product and service. We appreciate your time and your business.

• Reviewed on 27/6/2017
Michael F.
Director of HR
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Payroll Company Doing HR Software is a Hit"

Comments: Overall, WFN has allowed us to keep time, administer payroll, work through on-boarding with E-Verify and electronic paperwork, plus more. It has solved a lot of time-consuming items for us and we are happy working with it.

Pros: The amount of options available in this software in the form of different modules is impressive. On top of Payroll ADP has come up with some other items they can administrate quite proficiently. The sales representatives for the WFN platform are great to work with and great at their job.

Cons: The implementation process was the most difficult piece for our organization. We were sold a good product that functions as promised, but getting it up and running in a mid-sized business requires a ton of effort and without the correct partners our experiences was less than desirable.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Michael M.
Helpdesk Technician
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/1/2020

"This product works great for the users"

Comments: I enjoyed using the service as a user. It was easy to use, and navigate.

Pros: This product was very intuitive, and easy to navigate. I mostly liked having the archive of all paystubs, even from past and present employers.

Cons: For my employer, the software was too costly. They found another service that offered more features, and a lower price.

• Reviewed on 7/1/2020
Isaiah V.
Student Worker
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2017

"I found this app very straight forward to use and simple."

Comments: It was very simple and straight forward to use. Who doesn't have their phone on them? It's very simple to just pull out the phone to sign in and out rather than on paper or on a computer at home. Very convenient.

Pros: As previously stated, I found this software fairly straightforward. Obviously, it is nice not to have to manually input hours on the computer or on a sheet of paper. Simply establish the software and have employees download the app on their phone. It also has a GPS system to see where your phone is so that you don't "cheat the system". Clearly no system is perfect and anyone can cheat the system if they try, but it is nice that it is more direct and easier to keep people accountable.
The location and time card settings are also straight forward with a decent amount of options. My work experience was very plain as far as signing in and out, but it is nice that there are other options if needed (different clock in options, as well as break and signing out options).
Lastly, I didn't have many (if any) software problems on it. It didn't seem to ever have any problems or hiccups while logging hours. I used it for 2 years and never experienced any problems.

Cons: Obviously, it is a little bit annoying to have to literally sign in and out of breaks. But there really is no way around it. I often forgot to sign out for my lunch break until I actually sat down to eat. However, eventually signing out and back in for lunch break became a habit.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2017
Gail D.
Payroll Manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2016

"WorkForce Now 11.0"

Comments: This newer version of WFN has had a lot of challenges for us since it is very different from the last version we were using. There is still so much to learn about this latest version and there are some bugs to work out but, for the most part, it does offer more options than the last version and seems to be more robust.

Pros: It offers functionality that we need for payroll and HR...all in one program. We like that the features we use integrate with each other. It saves time and ensures accurate data.

Cons: It is complex and not as easy to use as ADP would like everyone to believe. Not everything in the software is intuitive.

by ADP on 9/12/2016

Gail - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our product. I am glad it has the robust functionality you need. I would love to connect you with some resources that can assist you with any lingering challenges you have with the current version. Please don't hesitate to reach out. [email protected]

• Reviewed on 8/12/2016
Earlie R.
Implementation Specialist
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"A bundle in More"

Comments: Great experience and I have nothing negative to say about ADP. I recommend that every business use this.

Pros: This application is a simply a bundle! I can submit time off, view my benefits, see my pay stubs, see my W2's, and look at my health insurance. I can also access my intranet and submit my time expenses.

Cons: I've been using ADP for years. I have no complaints. I just wish that EVERY company used this software.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Shaunella M.
Doula/CHW
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"Resourceful time clock and payroll information"

Comments: I really like this software. I like that I can keep track of all my paystubs and download them anytime. I may need proof of previous employer or proof of income and there you have it in the "my pay" tab. I also like how there are extra features available such as discounted offers and tax updates.

Pros: The greatest feature of this software is the vacation and payroll link. It reveals all the time you have available up to the time used. The extensive capacity to place a vacation when needed in advance and not only in weeks; but yearly planning. This software also has a pro advantage to show your payroll wages, raises, annual net pay job department identity, and full job description. The dashboard is easy to view all needed access to whatever is related to your job. This software also linked all jobs you have worked for that uses this software as a payroll method to one account. So it gives an opportunity to keep track of present and past paystubs. Lastly, has an option to view software using a phone app on any style cellphone.

Cons: The constant changing password every 90 days. That can be a problem when you run out of passwords that would meet the required choice of password. The software does not allow the same password or password the resembles the previous password.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Joe T.
Terminal Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"One Stop Shop"

Comments: It’s a great product that cuts down on the amount of time weekly that I was spending with tedious tasks such as timekeeping, request offs, and training tracking.

Pros: This platform encompasses all of the things that a business would use daily. The time and attendance tracking and payroll processes are intuitive and easy to use. Cuts down on a ton of manual labor associated with traditional timekeeping.

Cons: Can be difficult to navigate in the beginning as there is so much information houses in one setting, but once you get the hang of it you won’t want to work without it.

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
Kenny S.
Field Service Manager
Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2020

"ADP is the way to go for data processing payroll solutions"

Pros: I love ADP, the features, the simplicity, and the overall interface. The company I work for had ADP, went to another payroll processing company, and then after 2 years, we went back to ADP. ADP might not be the cheapest company on the block, but it's the best.

Cons: I do not have anything bad to say at this moment. ADP is much better than the competitor software I used for 2 years.

• Reviewed on 3/4/2020
Annie C.
Payroll/HR Associate
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/2/2017

"ADP Workforce Now is the best!"

Comments: We use Workforce Now for just about everything- Payroll, HR, Talent, Benefits, Time & Attendance, and the Document Cloud. I can't say enough about the ease of use- it is very user friendly. But, if I can't figure something out I can always count on the customer service to be top notch and help me to find a solution. I appreciate that this product makes my job easier than it could be because everything is in one place. I don't know what I would do without it!

Pros: That everything is in one place and is very user friendly. I am a person of consistency and this product is very consistent and flows very easily. Also I like that ADP is very good at taking feedback for improvements and is constantly working to make the system better.

Cons: Only thing I can think of is getting used to changes to the system when they first happen, but there is enough training and warning when changes happen and I eventually get used to them.

by ADP on 14/2/2017

Annie - Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and insightful review. We certainly strive to make the product easy to use, to alleviate some of your day-to-day workload. As a member of ADP's Client Loyalty team, I am thrilled to see you call out our Customer Service teams. Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.

• Reviewed on 10/2/2017