ShipStation Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About ShipStation

Shipping & order web app connected to 150+ carriers, marketplaces/shopping carts & more. Automate tasks & batch print labels with ease.

Learn more about ShipStation

Showing 25 reviews of 709

Brett C.
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2019

"Shipping software that speeds things up"

Comments: ShipStation has been crucial to our workflow and we'd have wasted hours a week if we were still having to manually enter data. The staff at ShipStation is helpful when you need them but they COULD do a better job implementing features that customers request.

Pros: We like that you can use ShipStation to import and update orders on your shopping cart software with very little effort.

Cons: The cost may be prohibitive for users only using minimal feature set, but still a good value compared to manually hand-jamming data.

• Reviewed on 27/6/2019
Emily E.
Merchandise Manager
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Shipstation is a must have for those who ship a lot!"

Comments: Shipstation is wonderful. Their customer support is great, anytime I've had an issue, they've gotten back to me right away and solved it.

Pros: I love that it can connect right to my Bigcartel site. All I have to do is refresh, and all of my orders are there waiting to be shipped. Shipstation makes it incredibly easy to weigh, input package info, and ship packages. It comes in handy, especially during the holidays when all of the post offices are crazy busy with holiday shipping. I can just print my labels, and throw them in a blue mailbox!

Cons: There are a few minor things I would change (like uploading item info, and keeping weight of the items standard). In the grand scheme of things, though, there is nothing at all I don't like about this software. I honestly think it's perfect.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/2/2020

"Difficult to utilize, poor customer support, expensive postage, features can be more automated"

Comments: Difficult to get problems with user interface resolved, such as simple login between two computers

Pros: Ease of usedont accept many characters to

Cons: Difficult to utilize - Need to login on a certain browser or 1 PC at a time
Poor customer support - Email vollies back and forth with no problem resolution
Expensive postage - Above 1 lb. is more expensive than ebay and Amazon.
Features can be more automated - Same shipments cannot save on every type shipment, Certain pulldown fields not functional like the cubic selection or delivery confirmation, write text fields don't take enough characters to make the phrase, Amazon inteface fails to download orders, etc.

• Reviewed on 23/2/2020
Peter D.
Senior Marketing Technology Manager
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2019

"Shipstation brings all your shipping needs to one platform"

Comments: Shipstation allowed us to use one account and centralize the online order fulfillment process with one platform, to easily manage package shipments from multiple order systems and using multiple shipping accounts (USPS, FedEx, etc.).

Pros: I absoutely love using shipstation to manage multiple ecommerce platforms with the ability to fulfill orders, print labels and organize all within one platform.

Cons: As shopify has expanded, it was tough at times to manage fulfillment from multiple locations within shipstation. over time we were able to figure it out but it took some time.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2019
Mike M.
HR Manager
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018

"Expansive Shipment Management"

Comments: There's no doubt that ShipStation is built well and has the necessary features to please companies of all sizes. We've found very few problems in our 2-3 years of utilizing the platform and it's the best solution we've found to this point. We would recommend the system to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations.

Pros: Our publishing company utilizes ShipStation to handle inventory and shipping management. The system is extremely comprehensive, offering a robust feature set covering orders, shipments, products, customers, and reports. It's easy to set up multiple stores for different aspects of the business in order to keep the silos separate, and alerts draw your eye to the areas that need attention. ShipStation can also be seamlessly integrated with various e-commerce platforms so that orders are ported directly over and into the shipment queue. Once shipped, we enjoy the tracking features that allow our team to check shipment status whenever customers have inquiries. Additionally, there's an insight section that shows how many customers interacted with a their personal tracking pages, how many shipment notifications have gone out in a given time period, and general sales trends.

Cons: The interface isn't the prettiest, but it gets the job done and doesn't suffer from glitches. Occasionally, we have a little bit of trouble locating a specific option because the system has so many features. Perhaps the organization or visibility of some areas could be improved.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018
Peter R.
Marketing Director
Sporting Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/9/2019

"Functional, reliable, affordable"

Comments: ShipStation provides an incredibly affordable and reliable shipping software platform with nice options for customizing user view, email templates, and reports. Setup is very quick and customer support via chat has been very responsive in my experience. The only drawback in my experience has been the inability to automatically rate shop different carriers on an order by order basis.

Pros: The user interface is great providing the info that the user required where it is needed while avoiding clutter. Additionall,y the setting and administration functions are streamlined and functional.

Cons: Rate shopping among different shipping carriers is cumbersome and not able to be automated in the system. If you primarily ship with a single provider, it is not much of an issue but if you like to shop for rates from different providers on an order-by-order basis, you will find this software slows you down because you must manually select each shipping method and compare rates manually rather than being able to select automatically based on business rules or logic around cost, delivery time, etc.

• Reviewed on 11/9/2019
Tasha R.
  • Reviewed on 14/2/2020

"Saves so much time on shipment processing"

Comments: Shipstation has enabled us to have a centralized location that all orders flow through (most are linked, some are imported manually). The ability to create a shipment, receive a quote, batch orders, purchase and print labels, track packages and process returns in one program is literally the largest saver of time and money for my business.

Pros: Shipstation was not the first shipment software I tried but it will definitely be the last. The platform is perfect for busy online retailers. At times, I was shopping 2,000 packages a day and shipstation handled it like a boss.

Cons: At times, it can be difficult to reach the account manager assigned to our account. When customers depend on the shipment estimations we provide, we can’t afford software issues that go unresolved for any length of time.

• Reviewed on 14/2/2020
Founder & Creative Director
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 5/6/2018

"The best label mailing solution for a multi-channel ecommerce business"

Comments: A simple and affordable way to buy postage and print labels for ecommerce businesses.

Pros: Shipstation is a fantastic shipping suite for our business. We use the integrations for Shopify, eBay, and Amazon. Orders are automatically imported and we are able to simple and efficiently manage shipments for UPS and USPS. Rates are automatically displayed, invalid address warning shown, and everything can be managed from a web-based UI with remotely connected printers using Shipstation Connect. We are able to use our UPS business account with the UPS integration for our set rates. Labels and Pack Slip templates are customizable and simple to set up. Our 4x6 Brother QL1000 continuous label printer works perfectly with Shipstation and Shipstation Connect, and we use standard letter paper for pack slips.

Cons: The Shipstation android app does not work with Shipstation Connect very well in terms of printers, and there are UI issues with it. On top of that, the Shipstation web-based application does not work well on small browser screens, so it is currently almost impossible and very painstaking to print labels from a phone.

• Reviewed on 5/6/2018
Shipping Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"ShipStation"

Comments: Overall, I have found ShipStation extremely helpful for the kind of work I do. Especially for a smaller business. We ship out about 100-200 packages a week, and ShipStation is the perfect software to manage that.

Pros: ShipStation is very useful for small companies. I work for a small online boutique, and use ShipStation to package/ship items all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. ShipStation is user friendly and very useful for large order quantities. I find there are many useful options when shipping. For instance, it allows ability to combine orders, hold orders until a selected date, sort orders by name, date, size, etc. It is an extremely helpful software.

Cons: I have not found many flaws in this software. The only issue I have encountered with ShipStation is its inability to function well with other pages open. For instance, when I am shipping, I often have other windows/internet tabs open. ShipStation slows down substantially when I have these other windows open.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Marcus D.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"Changed the way we handle shipping and returns almost immediately"

Pros: Shipstation, above all, is very easy to use. The features list is really comprehensive and it works extremely well as an integral part of your online shipping program. Our needs were for a non-standard integration but their support team and API made it very easy for us to get up and running. Plus, with a 3rd party app, we seamlessly use Shipstation as an order pass-through to get orders into Quickbooks online. It's given us an ability to grow without increasing staff for mundane work!

Cons: We wish that an order wasn't tied directly to a singluar shipment. Our orders contain various products from various vendors and we'd prefer to keep a single order together and post multiple shipments to it, as opposed to needing to split and duplicate orders to ship multiple items for one reference. This and other annoyances are the most we could say negatively about Shipstation, but are not representative of a need to change in any way.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
David S.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Amazing... as long as you don't have very many child variations."

Pros: It's easy to use and integrates with just about every sales channel.

Cons: I removed some starts because Shipstation does not work well for users with a large number of product variations. This is because the Product page displays a MINIMUM of 100 products per page. In our case, each product has dozens of child variations, so the page attempts to load data for THOUSANDS of variations. At best, the page takes several minutes to load. More often than not, it times out and our browser throws a "Page Unresponsive" message. There's already a setting to change the number of products displayed per page, but the minimum is 100. This whole problem could be solved by adding an option to display only 10 products per page. This would boost the page load speed by 1,000%!

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/2/2019

"Great shipping software that could use some minor tweaks"

Comments: Great value for what it costs. Allows us to bring all order shipment tracking together to improve customer experience. Email notifications and returns page are a nice plus for the customer experience.

Pros: It has a very wide partner ecosystem and allows us to bring our orders all together into one system to check shipment tracking. The UI is clean and modern. The addition of an iOS app is a big plus and lets us fulfill orders on the go.

Cons: The ability to auto-correct addresses is great, but ShipStation should highlight these orders so that I can review what was corrected to determine if the change was good. Not all auto-corrects are...correct but overall it catches more of my mistakes then if there was no auto-correct. Support could use some improvement as some issues have required multiple attempts with different agents but generally I do get my issue reolved.

• Reviewed on 16/2/2019
Brenda R.
WS Brand Ambassador
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2020

"ShipStation - Making retail life easy"

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with ShipStation. Its integration with our website makes it effortlessly easy to get orders out the door. I do not picture ever letting go of ShipStation.

Pros: Believe it or not, it's the little things that I enjoy about ShipStation. One of my favorites is the "Tags" feature. Being able to color coordinate particular orders is great! Aside from placing orders "On Hold", certain orders have to be identified and tagged. By tagging them, this allows us to avoid errors. Again, it's the little things that make a difference.

Cons: Shipstation's "Rate Calculator" could be better. Every time I utilize this feature, it gives me inaccurate rates. I mainly utilize this feature to give accounts quoted rates but after a handful of them turned out to be incorrect, I've had to go around it.

• Reviewed on 16/3/2020
Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/5/2020

"Shipstation - Gets the job done!"

Comments: Overall its great shipping software for an inexpensive price.

Pros: Shipstation gives us a simple and centralized system to ship out all our orders. Our orders from Shopify, Amazon, manual orders, etc flow through our inventory management software Stitch Labs which then routes it to Shipstation. Thus giving us one place for our order fulfillment center to work with. You can easily connect your FedEx, UPS, USPS accounts making it easy to just print labels and ship. There's nothing fancy about Shipstation, it's a pretty basic software but the main thing is that it works.

Cons: For some reason, the software interface Windows 2000ish. Feels old but it does the job. One thing I would like to see is if we could create shipment templates. We use Shipstation to ship out samples and we manually enter those orders into Shipstation. However, if the sample orders are the same and only the addressee is different, we need to input the sample order details for each time. It would be nice if we had some sort of shortcut or pre-saved template we could select to save time.

• Reviewed on 19/5/2020
Jason L.
COO
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/9/2016

"All in one shipping solution"

Comments: I currently sell online merchandise on multiple marketplaces. Every since we started using Shipstation our shipping procedures have been more efficient, and much easier. This product is constantly being updated, upgraded, and integrated into other software packages. Thank you ShipStation!!

Pros: Simple to use, seamless integration, Multiple shipping providers in one location, good color scheme(easy on eyes),

Cons: Wish that when you go to print a label the system somehow showed you the lowest rate automatically so that you didnt have to go through several different shipping carriers and methods manually. I would like you guys to add an inventory control feature.

• Reviewed on 20/9/2016
Network Administrator / Lead Programmer
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2017

"Never thought I could use a paid monthly tool, but ..."

Comments: My website has been online for years and I always printed labels directly using the services included for free like eBay and USPS. I picked up a Dymo 4XL printer on a Black Friday Deal off Amazon and I couldn't use it for USPS directly. So I looked around and I was able to get a two-month trial to ShipStation. Never would I have thought I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for a service. It does so much that I used to do manually like leave eBay reviews after transactions, send out customer emails, and more. Definitely worth the money.

Pros: Easy printing of labels, almost automatically. Sends automatic emails to customers upon item shipping and delivery. Automatically leaves feedback on eBay so I don't have to remember to do it. Save on monthly Stamps.com monthly fees. Much much more.

Cons: I had to upgrade to a month service because of my monthly shipments, but apparently the emails it sends out is branded by ShipStation. Automatic printing of packing slips and/or shipping labels as the order is received. I would like packing slips so I can look at my orders without having to go to the website all the time. Maybe an extra tier of service. A way to classify a line item is shipping costs. I receive PayPal orders and the line item is seen as a sale item, not shipping.

• Reviewed on 21/2/2017
David H.
  • Reviewed on 30/3/2018

"Most Efficient Shipping Software we have every used!"

Pros: Shipstation listens to their users and puts every feature you could ever need in their software. It has the most features, the most integrations and has the fastest workflow. We use it for eBay, Amazon, Reverb, Big Commerce, etc. If we were to change to a different website platform, it would be easy because Shipstation most likely integrates with them too. It also integrates with QuickBooks through a third party app. It works very well and keeps us accurate. The Shipstation Package Insurance works well and we have been paid on time for lost packages.

Cons: We would like to see more competitive pricing for USPS. eBay has far better shipping rates specifically for large packages and International Shipments. We want to ship all shipments through Shipstation.

• Reviewed on 30/3/2018
Jeremy K.
Design
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2018

"Streamlined, quick, and scalable shipping solution for e-commerce based businesses."

Pros: Shipstation is easy to use, allowing most of the tasks you complete with them to be turned into automated tasks for future use. The dashboard is easy to jump off from and get started, and it is easy to integrate with your existing website. In our experience, we integrated with Wordpress, and it provided a seamless transition from order to shipping that cut down on our time immensely. Shop station is also affordable - it's plans scale in such a way that you will be growing as a business at a faster rate than needing to upgrade your plan - it's a cost I would not be against paying when needed.

Cons: Support was adequate, but we were still left to figure out some basic troubleshooting ourselves. Luckily, integration and setup is easy enough, and so that troubleshooting didn't take too long. Honestly, it does its job well, with little complaints from us. I would say that it doesn't go outside of its' core competency at all - management of customers is not where it would need to be to actually use the software for any customer management tasks.

• Reviewed on 19/3/2018
Nancy N.
president
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2019

"Great Improvement"

Comments: Needed an easily tap-in-able system for many warehouses.

Pros: This program is as easy, robust and flexible as they come. We switched from another program on this one works much better.

Cons: No cons here really, easy tracking, locating, sorting, label creation, integration with our ecommerce site, etc.

• Reviewed on 28/8/2019
Timothy S.
  • Reviewed on 19/1/2018

"A True Headache Saver!"

Pros: I love having all of my shipping services in one place. We use UPS, FedEx, and USPS so it saves a ton of time and effort from having to bounce back and forth to different services or websites.

Cons: We use an online selling platform that does play nice in integrating with Shipstation, so we have to input all of our orders manually, which can be a pain at times. The system is very clearly built to be integrated, and when I've used it with Squarespace it was a dream, but the manual order tools are a bit lackluster. It also has some peculiarities, like needing to include an email address for a customer to be saved, or not being able to manually create customers, that take some getting used to.

• Reviewed on 19/1/2018
Aaron C.
  • Reviewed on 27/8/2016

"Perfect!"

Comments: I have run a small online business where I manufacture and sell the products for 4 years now and am very prone to efficiency. One thing that I noticed and did not like was that just shipping orders would take almost as long as product production itself. From copying and pasting addresses to bouncing from on selling avenue to another is both time consuming and somewhat confusing when delagating the task to others that are stepping from their normal tasks to help pick up the slack. Moving to Ship Station was one of those game changing moments for my business! I cannot imagine a better system for getting the right information in the right place to increase productivity and ease of use. That free'd up time and mental load has made it possible to invest more in areas that can increase growth rather than just maintaining. During the free trial I told a friend of mine that also produces and sells online "I don't care what this costs, it is worth it just in how much time it frees up". Luckily, the company does not seem to be greedy(which is a real problem these days) and for $25 a month I am saving hours upon hours in time an headache.

Pros: Easy to use
Consolidated sales information
Fast access to important information for getting the right items to the right people

Cons: None really. If anything, maybe more options for international shipments.

• Reviewed on 27/8/2016
Director, Solutions Development
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2017

"Simple + Effective = Fantastic!"

Pros: Easy to use, does everything we need. We integration with many selling channels, several carriers and have used ShipStation for over 2 years seamlessly.

Cons: The only think I wish ShipStation could do more with is inventory. There is basic inventory functionality but doesn't have robust inventory features such as managing inventory across multiple DCs/Sales channels, PO integration, forecasting, etc.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2017
Erica S.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Great time saver"

Pros: -Allows me to consolidate orders from eBay, Etsy, and Amazon all into one location, which saves a LOT of time over doing orders site-by-site. Still can't believe that Amazon makes you print a single order at a time, ShipStation would be worth the cost for convenience of Amazon orders alone if that was the only place I sold.
-The Pick List feature is especially useful, as I typically pull all product I need for each day's orders before printing labels to make sure there are no errors in regard to stock. Now I don't have to go through site-by-site, it's all in one place.

Cons: -ShipStation doesn't yet have integration with Etsy's gift wrap and gift message service. It's rather new so I hope they will add this soon so I can turn on that setting in my shop.
-It seems that if you have more than 50 orders and want to apply a pre-made shipping setting to all of them at once, it bugs out and you have to select less than 50 at a time individually to apply the setting. With fewer orders the select-all/apply-to-all feature works fine.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Jacob B.
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2017

"Get ship done!"

Comments: Shipstation really helped us with our multi channel fulfillment solution. It really helped us increase our speed with fulfillment. The only lacking aspect is inventory management. I would recommend using a 3rd party inventory management system if you have lots of SKUs and products that can get lost in your warehouse. If you don't have very many that can be easily found then you can get away with just using ship station.

Pros: Super easy to use

Cons: No inventory management

• Reviewed on 17/4/2017
  • Reviewed on 6/6/2017

"ShipStation makes it simple to ship"

Pros: Shipstation's platform is extremely user friendly, and in the event that you need help with something, their specialists are very attentive and willing to help.

Cons: difficult to explore old orders/shipments. Also setting up shipping carriers can sometimes be difficult becuase of the communication between ShipStation and the carrier, for example FedEx.

• Reviewed on 6/6/2017