15 years helping Irish businesses

About ShipStation

With direct integrations to over 100 of the top-selling channels, ShipStation makes it easy to manage all your orders on one platform.

Learn more about ShipStation

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

ShipStation ratings

4.4

8.5/10

ShipStation has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 900 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ShipStation before?

Justin
Justin
Business Owner in US
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

ShipStation Is the Best e-Commerce Shipping Tool!

Comments: ShipStation was an excellent tool to help grow my small business. I am able to see orders from multiple stores that I operate. I have shipped over 20,000 items and I am still shipping products using ShipStation. The

Pros:

It is by far the best e-Commerce tool for shipping and logistics. It helped me grow and run my business immensely. I was able to easily plug in the stores that I operate and it worked like a charm. It populated all the orders without any problem. I also liked the shipping discounts that it provided, as well.

Cons:

I found it a little clunky to use at first. I had trouble navigating the orders. It is really a warehouse type of tool which I had to get used to. I had to learn to how to navigate using the software which didn't seem as intuitive as shipping on eBay or Etsy, for example.

Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Best in class order management, but inventory management is flawed

Comments: Positive. I've tried numerous competitors, but keep coming back to shipstation for just doing the business of shipping things flawlessly. If they would add inventory syncing and kitting/bundling, this product would be literal perfection.

Pros:

The workflows, batching, labelling, general UI and UX and the user-centric engineering make it obvious this was designed by product managers who have done ecommerce, rather than their competitors who are software engineers first and have no clue what store owners actually want.

Cons:

The inventory managenet is one way; anything you sell on any channel will decrement Shipstation's inventpry, but it won't then push the new stock count out to connected stores. Also therefore no support for kitting and bundling. They recommend you check out other integration partners but most of those cost 300+ per month which is 6x what I'm paying for Shipstation. They have competitors who offer these features free or cheap, but the competitors lack in the order/shipping management features.

Lenecca
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Most convenient way to ship

Pros:

Ship Station is a convenient and cheaper way to ship your products to your customers. I didn't realize until when I seen how much I had to pay monthly for my Shopify store it got expensive so I started using Ship Station.

Cons:

Sometimes I may have trouble logging into my account.

Kathy
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Can't get it to work to even start and live chat support is really bad

2.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience? Very stressful and upsetting dealing with unqualified support staff who wasted my time and got me nowhere. This, to me, says a lot about the company. What happens after our store goes live and something breaks? Will it be down a week because support is non-existent? Or can I trust a company to build a quality product when they won't invest in quality help? I hope they and others like them are listening. This is not just ShipStation. Companies need to realize the importance of good support. It can make them or break them. I'm off now to find a company with good, well-trained support that has a good command of the English language. Do they still exist?

Pros:

The ai chat bot was great. Very well trained. I was excited, but could only go so far before I needed a human. Then things went to hell. Never could get it working to know how well it works.

Cons:

There are many problems and the labels were misleading so it was impossible to know what the real problem was. Is it a bug? Is it misconfiguration? Is it just something I don't understand because the explanations on the page weren't clear? I couldn't say and live chat was not helpful at all. He couldn't understand the simplest questions so after 2 hours of trying to get the app connected to our store, and Loom video after Loom video I made to make it easy for him to comprehend, I had to give up trying. Even though his vocabulary was large, it's pretty clear, because of his lack of comprehension, that English was not his first language. But if he knew his job, the language shouldn't have even been a problem. If the shipping app doesn't connect to your ecommerce store, and I showed him pictures to make it crystal clear (it said no shipping options), he should have been trained enough to know what to do to fix it. He didn't even understand the question.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great easy to use software

Comments: Great so far, I used many different software and this one offered the best rates and the easiest to use platform.

Pros:

It is super easy to implement, it has a lot of features to make your job faster and it has good customer support if you have a bit of patience.

Cons:

I don't like that I can not put insurance into auto re charge for more than $100.00

Jamie
Jamie
Managing Director in UK
Building Materials, 2–10 Employees

The solution I've been searching for

Comments: I have found the customer support to be more than excellent and that it is included within the 30-day trial period. Special mention to my customer support agent, [sensitive content hidden]. His knowledge of the system and platford is very good, as is his attitude and patience.

Pros:

The user interface, the dashboard and ease of the settings.

Cons:

Can't think of any. Keep up the great work

Marco
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

We love ship station

Comments: We love it …my sales team uses it. I use it. I track with it. We use it each day. We save money with it. It’s pretty user friendly. Can’t live without it now.

Pros:

It’s pretty awesome. We had trouble before we found this with high shipping rates. This product saved us money and gave us a great way to manage and integrate all our shipping and orders. We are grateful.

Cons:

Nothing. Even the customer service chat is good - ideally I’d like a phone number for customer service but that’s ok.

Daryl

It works fine - Integrates with everything really well

Pros:

It integrates with everything we need - far more than any other tool It also provides the best out of the box reporting of any tool

Cons:

Some of the functionality is just kind of weird compared to other tools we've used. Most of it is quite similar, but we run into things that aren't great from a user experience standpoint ocassionally.

Brittany
Admin in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

ShipStation Rocks!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Pleasant and agreeable. Works as needed. No complaints really

Pros:

We use shipstation on a monthly basis to ship goods/products to our vendors and customers! We use it a lot during the holiday months!

Cons:

I wish I knew how to do a "batch". I would like maybe some training because I feel like the website can do more than just what I know.

Neil
Associate in Canada
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

Valued product

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I verity of options offered in the product is extensive and well organized

Cons:

Could be more user friendly for some of the options available

Krzysztof
US
Machinery, 2–10 Employees

Not perfect but very good

Comments: I was impressed with options you have in this software to speed up shipping proces.
I sell in multiple platforms ( eBay, amazon, and my own ecommerce store) and ship station import all orders into one place. No more login into each of them and ship from there
I also ship with multiple carriers ( USPS and FedEx) and there is where ship station is handy
I am using stamps.com for 5+ years and I ma very happy with it but stamps will not work with FedEx so I had to sort out orders by shipping method and ship USPS packages using stamps.com and than log into FedEx to ship remaining orders from there. FedEx software it terrible ( on line fedex.com and their shop software ) that it actually increase my shipping time that I was considering to drop FedEx shipping method from all stores. Ship Station make shipping much easier if you use multiple carriers and this is why I use it

Pros:

1) Import orders from multiple ecommerce platform 2) One software for multiple shipping carriers and method 3) Great email notification for clients, multiple options of emails and multiple templets 4)inventory tracking many other good futures

Cons:

1) Depend on package you have with ship station support can take long time to answer your question. No phone support for any users and only email support for lowest package. This is not acceptable. When I need to ship and I have issue I need to call somebody and fix problem ASAP. If you send email you can wait who know how long to resolve issue. Live chat is available only for selected ship station clients ( base on how much you are paying = selected package of ship station) and it may take very long time to actually chat with somebody ( we are talking hours in some cases before you are at top of chat queue ) 2) you have to press button to read package weight if you have scale attached. This is very annoying if you ever used software with automatic scale. You place package on scale and software already know what you shipping. ( or alarm you when scale is 0 = nothing on scale ). I had packages returned because I did not press "read" scale button and package was over weight compared to postage purchased. Same goes the other way. You pay more for postage if your package is less than what you estimate in your ecommerce platform. 3) FedEx international shipping has big problem. Ship station does not print commercial invoice for international packages. You technically can print label but than you have to go to FedEx and fill out commercial invoice form. I do not understand why it can not be printed at the same time with label. All info is already available ( item, price etc) on ship station after importing order. Ship Station print all required paper work for USPS international packages 4) address verification is not strong future on a software . I am comparing it to a stamps.com again. If client place wrong address on a form ship station will tell you that address is not valid but will not tell you what is wrong and will not suggest correction. Stamps.com will suggest correct zip code , street name , apartment number if it is missing etc. Ship station will only tell you " invalid apartment number" or "apartment not found" 5) international imported addresses create issue sometimes if client used other than English address form. German , Japanese, Spanish language use soft punctuations and different letters like ~ or ę ó ś ć and many similar. Ship station when import such address create strange characters replacing original with something like @##@$%% and if you print it I can guaranty package will not be delivered to a clients since local post office will not recognize street name or town. 6) some countries are not recognized by ship station as international address. Republic of Ireland is not recognized. If client place that name on order form Ship station assign USA address to it. Since this is official name if country my client always put it than way and not Ireland in Country section. They would have to put Ireland instead ( Ireland in country field create correct international destination) Same goes to United Kingdom but England will be correct ( it may be few others - just do not remember )

Jon
Systems Engineer in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Shipstation makes shipping from different channels with different methods easy

Comments: I've had a great experience with ShipStation. It was easy to connect our stores and other channels and setup our rules. It was also straightforward to train our employees on it. ShipStation has saved us many headaches and a lot of time. We no longer have to ship orders from each channel individually and ship everything from one ShipStation console. We were also able to reduce the number of thermal printers we were using from three down to one. ShipStation is well worth the cost if you are currently shipping from more than one channel or need to setup rules for shipments to follow.

Pros:

The best feature of ShipStation is how well it can handle orders from multiple channels (eBay, amazon, website) and ship them without the hassle of going to each channel. It flawlessly imports the orders, creates shipments, verifies addresses, and ships with the preferred method. It also allows you to easily set up rules so you can easily specify how each channel, product, or other various filter is shipped.

Cons:

The main feature that I wish this product had is the ability to scan SKU/product ID verification to confirm shipment before shipping. ShipStation does have scan to ship available, where you scan the barcode on the packing slip to bring up the shipment and then ship the item. This is a nice feature, but I would like to to go once step further where you scan the barcode on the packing slip, then you scan the barcode of the SKU/product ID to make sure it was picked properly, then you print the shipping label.

Peter
Marketing Director in US
Sporting Goods, 51–200 Employees

Functional, reliable, affordable

Comments: ShipStation provides an incredibly affordable and reliable shipping software platform with nice options for customizing user view, email templates, and reports. Setup is very quick and customer support via chat has been very responsive in my experience. The only drawback in my experience has been the inability to automatically rate shop different carriers on an order by order basis.

Pros:

The user interface is great providing the info that the user required where it is needed while avoiding clutter. Additionall,y the setting and administration functions are streamlined and functional.

Cons:

Rate shopping among different shipping carriers is cumbersome and not able to be automated in the system. If you primarily ship with a single provider, it is not much of an issue but if you like to shop for rates from different providers on an order-by-order basis, you will find this software slows you down because you must manually select each shipping method and compare rates manually rather than being able to select automatically based on business rules or logic around cost, delivery time, etc.

We've tried them all, and are sticking with Shipstation

Pros:

We've been involved in ecommerce for 20 years, and have tried *all* the ship programs. Shipstation is program we recommend to most people, and the one we've been using for the past 4+ years. The entry level subscription quickly pays for itself with their access to discounted USPS rates, free tracking on many shipments, and easy side-by-side rate comparisons. And if you're an eBay or Amazon seller, this is the best and easiest.

Cons:

No program is a perfect fit for everyone. The mobile app is rubbish on Android, can't create batches, can't print, can't email a PDF. So basically you can confirm orders one at a time and just leave them there until you can log in with a PC. But they have a dedicated development team, I suspect it will improve over time. Also, creating manual orders is straightforward, but a bit cumbersome. They do a great job integrating with eBay, Amazon, Woo Commerce ... but not things like Wix and Shopify (unless you have the Plus account). Again, their team is pretty responsive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see integration of these (and more) in the near future. And a few little bugs on the site (the site freezes frequently on us, we have to log out and log back in). But we don't hesitate giving Shipstation a solid thumbs up.

Tasha
Tasha
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Saves so much time on shipment processing

Comments: Shipstation has enabled us to have a centralized location that all orders flow through (most are linked, some are imported manually). The ability to create a shipment, receive a quote, batch orders, purchase and print labels, track packages and process returns in one program is literally the largest saver of time and money for my business.

Pros:

Shipstation was not the first shipment software I tried but it will definitely be the last. The platform is perfect for busy online retailers. At times, I was shopping 2,000 packages a day and shipstation handled it like a boss.

Cons:

At times, it can be difficult to reach the account manager assigned to our account. When customers depend on the shipment estimations we provide, we can’t afford software issues that go unresolved for any length of time.

Steve
Steve
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Tremendous asset for customers and businesses alike

Comments: Smooth integration and roll-out. After all the applicable data is in, things have been running smoothly since. Very happy with how this works for our business!

Pros:

Shipstation is able to connect directly with my eCommerce site and makes getting packages out the door a breeze. As long as you take the time to setup the parameters, there is rarely, if ever, an issue. My customers get an automatic email with the tracking information (that is on a branded page...not the carrier's page!) and we get emails letting us know that the item has been delivered safely. Its such a time saver and everything comes through looking incredibly professional. Small to medium sized operations will benefit greatly from this.

Cons:

The only critique I have is that we are not able to effectively communicate the (actual) added cost of insurance and/or delivery confirmation from our eCommerce software to ShipStation. We get around this by adding a percentage handling amount onto higher value items so that we're not losing money on the shipping cost for these pieces of merchandise.

Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

ShipStation

Comments: Overall, I have found ShipStation extremely helpful for the kind of work I do. Especially for a smaller business. We ship out about 100-200 packages a week, and ShipStation is the perfect software to manage that.

Pros:

ShipStation is very useful for small companies. I work for a small online boutique, and use ShipStation to package/ship items all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. ShipStation is user friendly and very useful for large order quantities. I find there are many useful options when shipping. For instance, it allows ability to combine orders, hold orders until a selected date, sort orders by name, date, size, etc. It is an extremely helpful software.

Cons:

I have not found many flaws in this software. The only issue I have encountered with ShipStation is its inability to function well with other pages open. For instance, when I am shipping, I often have other windows/internet tabs open. ShipStation slows down substantially when I have these other windows open.

Marcus
Marcus
Founder in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Changed the way we handle shipping and returns almost immediately

Pros:

Shipstation, above all, is very easy to use. The features list is really comprehensive and it works extremely well as an integral part of your online shipping program. Our needs were for a non-standard integration but their support team and API made it very easy for us to get up and running. Plus, with a 3rd party app, we seamlessly use Shipstation as an order pass-through to get orders into Quickbooks online. It's given us an ability to grow without increasing staff for mundane work!

Cons:

We wish that an order wasn't tied directly to a singluar shipment. Our orders contain various products from various vendors and we'd prefer to keep a single order together and post multiple shipments to it, as opposed to needing to split and duplicate orders to ship multiple items for one reference. This and other annoyances are the most we could say negatively about Shipstation, but are not representative of a need to change in any way.

Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Necessary to get ship done!

Comments: Totally necessary for our small business to ship our cosmetic products with ShipStation. Couldn't have run our business without it.

Pros:

I loved how easily it integrated with our Squarespace shop. We used Shipstation to print labels and to manage which orders we shipped. The label-making was flexible enough for us and let us be a little custom with a brand logo. Was also great how it worked with UPS, FedEx, and all the other shipping types. Customer service was always quite helpful and easy to access.

Cons:

I remember going back a forth a lot between Shipstation and Squarespace and wishing more was integrated into Shipstation so that I could just stay on that platform.

Rutchie Mae
Quality Assurance Analyst in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501–1,000 Employees

ShipStation -Connecting extra carriers and distribution channels in one Dashboard

Comments: I would recommend the Platform to any company looking to expertly manage its shipping operations just like FabFitFun. I love the Powerful Features which are easy to use. It is easy for the company to connect with various marketplaces, shopping carts, order management systems, and other systems — all from a single, simple platform. Superb customer service is a plus. Keep Rockin'

Pros:

I like how ShipStation swiftly and efficiently manages the order inventory. With ShipStation, it helps the company to coordinate with multiple carriers and order sources in one place. It has an excellent integration with the main shipping service to accelerate shipping management activities.

Cons:

Sometimes, ShipStation may fail to print the labels the user wants but this can be manually downloaded and printed from outside ShipStation. Despite this, there is still a lot in there to explore since the user interface is good.

Co-Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Shipstation is great for managing orders and purchasing shipping but still needs a lot of work

Comments: Shipstation has great rates for shipping but if I could find a program that would allow us to edit packing slips, provided the same rates, and I could easily sync with shopify then I would switch because the customer service is abysmal.

Pros:

I like the ease of syncing our orders with shopify, shipping them through shipstation, and having the tracking number then re-uploaded to shopify.

Cons:

I had an issue a long time ago of not being able to change SKU or UPC numbers in my inventory. It has been a year and customer service never figured it out or replied to my most recent messages. We were able to edit the packing slips on our old plan, then they changed it so you had to be upgraded further to access that ability. We have an error on our old packing slip and am not able to get it fixed unless I pay an additional $100 for one month.

Emily
Solutions Analyst in US
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

ShipStation for B2B (Parcel/LTL/FTL)

Comments: Overall, ShipStation has been a successful solution for our team - allowing us to cut down on lead times and expedite important orders

Pros:

Ease of use - it is very easy to train new team member as the system is intuitive. We have been able to create custom tags that allow our team to gain more detail into orders to ensure the shipping method is best for the order.

Cons:

Splitting shipment can be difficult to manage and often fail to fulfil correctly in our connected ERP system. We have increased our freight shipments, tracking and booking we have had to do outside of ShipStation for these orders.

Philip
Philip
Retail, Self Employed

Frustration, no reason

Comments: Started off fine, I've shipped thousands of packages so far. A couple years ago, Shipstation decided they wanted to completely change the interface. No thanks. About the same time, the software started getting glitchy. Everytime I use it, I must completely reload the software first, or else hangs and doesn't ever send labels to the printer. I've reported this to Shipstation support at least 7 times, they don't care. If there's any interaction, it goes something like this:
Me: I'm having this problem, it happens exactly when I do this
SS: Are you saying that it happens exactly when you do this?
Me: That's what I said, I've tried these things
SS: Can you try doing those things again? Have you tried doing them again, again?
Me: Sigh, nevermind.

Pros:

It works, most of the time. There isn't actually any alternative.

Cons:

You have to refresh to page every single time you use it, or else it doesn't work.

Terry
CEO in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

An absolute staple for any e-commerce business.

Comments: After trying just about everything else out there, Shipstation is as close to a perfect solution as you'll find. It helped me save over an hour each day, time that I was then able to spend on actually growing my business. It was a stretch to think of anything I didn't like - which speaks volumes about the software.

Pros:

Integration with most major platforms and channels - it communicates back and forth between your Shopify, Amazon, eBay, etc. accounts to mark orders shipped and email the customer. Discounted shipping labels - The subscription pays for itself with how inexpensive the labels are. Automated tracking emails - create your own template and look the part of other major e-commerce stores.

Cons:

Can get a little confusing when dealing with international shipments but their support team is definitely top notch and can help you sort out the issues quickly.

Brenda
WS Brand Ambassador in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

ShipStation - Making retail life easy

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with ShipStation. Its integration with our website makes it effortlessly easy to get orders out the door. I do not picture ever letting go of ShipStation.

Pros:

Believe it or not, it's the little things that I enjoy about ShipStation. One of my favorites is the "Tags" feature. Being able to color coordinate particular orders is great! Aside from placing orders "On Hold", certain orders have to be identified and tagged. By tagging them, this allows us to avoid errors. Again, it's the little things that make a difference.

Cons:

Shipstation's "Rate Calculator" could be better. Every time I utilize this feature, it gives me inaccurate rates. I mainly utilize this feature to give accounts quoted rates but after a handful of them turned out to be incorrect, I've had to go around it.