15 years helping Irish businesses

About Gorgias

Gorgias is an all-in-one customer service, customer support, and live chat helpdesk for Shopify, Magento & BigCommerce stores.

Learn more about Gorgias

Pros:

I like how customizable the product is in conjunction with it per ticket pricing as opposed to per user pricing.

Cons:

Difficult to figure out how to forward a ticket.

Gorgias ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Gorgias has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 111 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Gorgias before?

Saskia
Saskia
Senior Director Sales Marketing in US
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees

Georgias is excellent computer program

Comments: Georgias facilitates the automation of routine customer service requests and simplifies the management of more complex cases. With Gorgias, you can monitor critical metrics and assess past performance to enhance future results and the client experience.

Pros:

You may tailor the client experience you provide with Gorgias to meet your specific business requirements. You can get your job done quickly and neatly with the many useful tools and extensions it provides. When you need assistance, Gorgias is there for you. A bare-bones installation works well, but the platform can be customized to your specific needs by delving further into its settings using rules, macros, and more. Overall, it's a reliable system for achieving top productivity.

Cons:

Although not all services and extensions are included in your Gorgias membership, upgrading is simple, and the added functionality is well worth the investment.

Eszter
Eszter
Marketing manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Best help desk, highly customizable, reasonable price

Comments: Although our website is not built on one of the major platforms that Gorgias integrates with we are still able to implement it and centralize all our messages, make it easy for our team to communicate, assign team members and deal with cases based on priority. Also, Gorgias pricing is based on how many tickets you use a month so it adapts to the ever-changing business needs.

Pros:

We were looking for a helpdesk tool to make our customer service team more efficient by centralizing all communication channels into one (email, live chat, social media). Gorgias offers it all! Highly customizable dashboard, they even offer a 5 day free trial and if you re not satisfied after the first month, they refund you the money! Their customer service team is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons:

It would be nice if they offered phone support and more e-commerce integrations.

Mark
Customer Experience Lead in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Gorgias Is Good But Having Severe Issues With Growth

Comments: It was good in the beginning but the many problems the young platform has have become blaringly obvious as time has gone on.

Pros:

Gorgias has a lot of integrated features that are great for our business such as Shopify integration and a great CSAT system that is easy to use and understand.

Cons:

Customer service is, unfortunately, not very good. I have been trying to get a resolution for a request to close out a number of tickets that fit into a certain parameter but nothin has been fixed for over 3 weeks. Every time I reach out, I am thrown to someone else who says they cannot help and now I do not get any responses. Their engineering team is having issues keeping up with the many bugs the system has. Also, updates will occur and shut your entire team down without notice. When I reached out about this, they claimed there was no way to give us forewarning the day of regarding possible updates that would impact our customer service productivity.

Luke
Head of Ecommerce in UK
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

Works seamlessly in our tech stack

Comments: Onboarding was really easy and migrating our old tickets over was effortless. We seem to have made some real efficiency savings with the platform and are expanding how we are using it more and more.

Pros:

It offers everything we had been using with Freshdesk but also integrates really well with Klaviyo and Shopify so we can get a much better picture of the customer.

Cons:

Was a little difficult to get a Klaviyo form to pass into Gorgias but the support team were fantastic in assisting and all is working how we want it to now.

Charles
Charles
Creative Director in Spain
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Better than Zendesk

Comments: Pleasant.

Pros:

Easy to use. Has live chat and now a customer support area to answer all those questions. Integrates with WhatsApp and Instagram. Allows multiple languages in one price plan.

Cons:

There's no pause plan when undergoing integrations or updating the website for a time, but you can always ask them to close it and come back later.

Claire
Senior Ecommerce Manager in UK
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Totally changed our customer service

Comments: I love working with the team at Gorgias and their product! The number of developments I have seen since moving to them 7+ months ago is crazy!

Pros:

I love how easy it is to treat our customer service team on this tool - the macro's make it easy to keep brand tone. It was helpful when we have a couple of other people within the company jumping in to help out with the customer service team to keep ontop of things as they can be allocated out. The onboarding and support provided by all the team were incredible!

Cons:

It can be a little clunky at points, I see a lot of issues online about downtime - although I think as we are in the UK we don't really see this with timezones. It would be good to have a few more 'zendesk' features on there like priority rankings just as when things get escalated to a manager it can be lost in a pool of issues.

Melissa
Senior Community Manager in US
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

Great basic CX manage but difficult to customize

Comments: We joined Gorgias when the team was in flux, members were moving to different roles rapidly so we I feel like we got lost in the shuffle with really understanding and making the most of the product early on. Since, our support has been great with quick response time and can usually resolve or address a question quickly.

Pros:

I love how Views are easy to navigate and the easy of backend use for turning on/off functionality.

Cons:

I dislike that it's difficult to customize and some of the key functions that would really help how the platform performs are difficult to use or fail to work sometimes. It's not the best experience on the customer's end.

Chase
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

We love Gorgias

Comments: We use Gorgias for all of our customer service and it's been great for ticket management. Saved a lot of time, easy to tag colleagues to a ticket and assign to different reps.

Pros:

Very simple workflow, great integration with our front end Shopify store. Easy to navigate to customers orders and view total customer spend. Pricing structure makes a ton of sense and is by ticket, not by seat, which for a small company where we all need transparency into what's going on in the service side of things is great.

Cons:

Wish it had a bit more functionality and ability to customize some things, but not a deal breaker by any means.

Katy
Business Development Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Essential for stores on shopify

Pros:

Saves us a lot of time by having customer ticket information readily available in the sidebar and the ability to add order information into tickets. Being able to search macros and snooze tickets is great and makes sure everyone is helped quickly and no ticket is left untouched.

Cons:

Just anxiously awaiting gorgias' native phone system! Currently using aircall we just don't like having to go back and forth between apps.

Alvin
Customer Support Manager in Philippines
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Excellent UI/UX platform

Comments: It made our customer support efficient and fast.

Pros:

I like that is very easy to learn and navigate compared to different platforms that are very confusing. Even a newbie support agent can learn to use this platform without crucial training.

Cons:

Probably the features where we cannot manage the instagram messages and the “knowledge base” feature where we can setup for our customers.

Alisa
Store Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 11–50 Employees

I use it everyday

Comments: The set up was easy, and everyone there has been very helpful. The system itself is easy to navigate.

Pros:

It manages my email flow and allows multiple users to have access to one central email.

Cons:

You are unable to mark a ticket as unread, and sometimes tickets get lost.

Candice
CFO in Canada

Transformed our customer service

Comments: Our marketing team suggested Gorgias instead of Zendesk. When we started using it our staff fell in love with it. It is a game changer for customer service. We have all our customer service happening in one place. The ability to chat, email, phone, talk on FB messenger, all while we have the customer's shopify sale within the screen is amazing!

Pros:

We love the ability to connect multiple channels and house all our customer service in one dashboard. The ability to the trail of past communications is crucial. Tagging others to resolve issues is also a crucial piece for us, as we have staff around the world working together.

Cons:

I'm waiting for the IG DM to come on to the platform, it will dramatically help us.

Michele
Manager in US

Loving it so far

Comments: Gorgias customer support is great. We have the best client success manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who helps us set up all of our folders and filters. Gorgias has a lot of capabilities to help streamline things so we really like it.

Pros:

So far we really like using Gorgias. We just switched from Zendesk and Gorgias has more features- you get a better bang for your buck.

Cons:

It's pretty tricky to set up all of the rules and filters. I'm still getting used to it and still get confused. Luckily we have a great client success manager there who takes care of setting up a lot this stuff for us.

Stephanie
VP of Marketing in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Gorgias is a Game Changer!

Pros:

Setting up Gorgias was very easy and has completely changed the way we communicate internally, as well as with our customers. I love that we can see all customer and internal communications in a single ticket, so we don't send multiple responses to the same customer if they reach out to us multiple times and we always know where we are at in handling any issues that come our way.

Cons:

The only main issue we've had is when recently we ran a segment with The View, where they forwarded customer questions to us with a single email. Since the same email was used, all communications came in on a single thread and it was hard to tell who had been helped and who hadn't. However, I love that Gorgias links tickets together based on the same email so I'm not sure if there is really a resolution there!

Carolyn
Operations Lead in UK
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2–10 Employees

gorgias review

Pros:

integration was relatively easy. very useful being able to allocate tickets to different team members the link with our shopify account is very useful as we have all the customer info to hand.

Cons:

Sometimes the email chains cannot be minimized, so you have to scroll up to view customer email, and all the way down to write the reply. would be useful to have better ways to search old tickets as they can be hard to find when i want to look back at them for reference. if there was a function where we could pin some tickets, to use as 'example replies' for training purposes. This would be of benefit.

Megan
Director of Operations in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Great product!

Comments: great!

Pros:

easy reporting, cheaper than competitors

Cons:

difficult to get help "onboarding" after launch, would love to set up a call to chat through how we can be optimizing

Ema
Customer Service Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

My take on Gorgias

Comments: It has been good. They're constantly evolving and updating / adding new features.

Pros:

It's quick, easy and effective. We wanted a cleaner / efficient way to manage customer interactions and this helps us do so. It's integration with Shopify and other apps is very helpful in streamlining processes and customer communication.

Cons:

I think my biggest con is the statistics currently include time outside of our normal business hours. It's hard to gauge customer service response time accurately this way. It gives us a good perspective on the customer end response time; however, not when we're trying to review our service on a team level. Also, by using an "auto responder" for our email - basically every ticket is considered billable (even junk mail) - I don't like that.

Romain
Romain
consultant in France
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Excellent platform

Pros:

Very easy to use and easy to integrate software and direct and powerful chat

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say about Gorgias at the moment, I am delighted with the services he offers.

Joanna
Owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

I can't believe I ran a business without Gorgias...

Comments: I always recommend Gorgias. They really do make it easy to run customer service.

Pros:

I love how it gives you customer information straight from Shopify. It is so easy to manage customers on their platform.

Cons:

Honestly, there's not much that I don't like about this software.

Kemal
Kemal
Costumer Service in Indonesia
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

The best helpdesk in my opinion

Comments: I use this to handle customers' tickets on daily basis. From every helpdesk that I've used, this one is the most fastest, easiest to use, and responsive.

Pros:

-Rally fast and responsive. -Clean, efficient, and clear Shopify plugin. -Macro can be easily integrated with Shopify

Cons:

-I wish we can open multiple ticket under one tab -Sometimes there are users that have bug where their eyes are on every ticket they have opened.

Gurvinder
Gurvinder
Internet judge in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

"Best experience with this tool"

Comments: I have positive experience with this. It Saves my time in buisnes.

Pros:

This tool make my work organized and work efficiantly very fast. So many features in this can be helpful for optimize the clients service. Very good interface can be easily configurable.

Cons:

I like this mobile app. I think it has so much thing can be figure out. Very helpful.

Lindsey
Social Media Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Gorgias for Customer Chat

Comments: Overall, Gorgias is a great tool for staying on top of customer feedback and providing excellent customer service.

Pros:

I really love how easy it is to interact with customers. You can quickly see new inquiries and categorize them by platform type. (inbox, chat, etc.) as well as label them for ease of referencing them later. My favorite feature is simply being able to search through past conversations. If I can't remember the specific answer I gave regarding an issue, I can search for a keyword and find it.

Cons:

I don't like that they took away the option to manually mark your Chat team as "unavailable". Instead, your chat is now available when your hours are set and unavailable when they are not. With a small team, we often can't be at the computer for the full set hours and like to jump on as we are available.

Cailey
Customer Service Manager in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Amazing communication and customer service

Pros:

Integration was extremely easy, customer support is always very timely and helpful, training webinars and sessions on new features happen regularly which makes things so easy to add/integrate.

Cons:

Some of the new features can be a little hard to navigate at firs however between the one on one calls offered and the webinars you can always find the answers you need.

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

One of the best Shopify app for unifying all support conversations

Comments: The overall experience was excellent, and will definitely recommend this for your Shopify stores

Pros:

I liked their UI the best and being a Freshchat user, I was able to quickly grasp their tool and use it effectively for my Shopify store. They provide a unified dashboard that provides me with a birds-eye view of all support conversations like email, chat, voice, SMS, social media, etc. I was able to easily view and edit my Shopify orders, and they provide full context of customer issues so that I can instantly reply to their queries.

Cons:

I did not identify any cons. Their setup was quick, and their in-app tour helped me get acquainted with all their features quickly.

Jessi
Director of Marketing and Operations in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

We love Gorgias!

Pros:

We're a small brand, but Gorgias helps us manage tickets across social platforms, voicemail, and most importantly, emails. We love the integration with Shopify! The Gorgias team is also super helpful in optimizing and customizing the tool

Cons:

I think it doesn't integrate with Instagram DMs yet.