15 years helping Irish businesses

About shopVOX

Cloud based all in one shop operation solution with quoting, business intelligence, job board, and more for sign, print and apparel co.

Learn more about shopVOX

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

shopVOX ratings

4.3
4.6
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

shopVOX has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 224 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used shopVOX before?

Printing, 11–50 Employees

Crucial tool for our business

Comments: Great. I did try to set up SV by myself and quickly leaned on their team for help and they did! Helped me get all my products entered, materials, prices and workflows. From there used the training videos and tools to train the team and we were running in a week or two. Since the start of using SV in 2015 we continue to enjoy of the evolving and adding of features in SV. Its like Christmas sometimes when we learn of new updates in our shop! We will email out to the team and let them know of something new.

Pros:

We love the solutions and flow that ShopVox brings to our company. With many different departments (apparel, sign shop, print shop, web dept, and vehicle wraps) and different workflows SV keeps us all moving along with ease and eliminates dropped orders or confusion in our team. We know what is going on and can access the details, proofs, notes, file names all in one place. Before ShopVox we used paper orders...NEVER again! If there was a change on the job or an update request we would have to waste time tracking down that piece or paper. If it got lost...forget about it! We would be in trouble. Now with SV its all in the system and can be accessed with ease by anyone on the team. I do not see how our company could have continued to grown 30% each year by not moving to SV.

Cons:

I wish there was a more convienent collaboration/ messaging tool in app. We still use the notes and the email notifications are good. But one day I would like to see an option to reply to a message from my email and it go right back in app to the job. SMALL request I am watching for to be added on day. Nothing in comparison of all that SV does do! We can tag other users for special notes, assign task and get notifications as needed.

5 years ago

Thanks for the great review Chris!

Emily
Founder in US
Design, Self Employed

Great Management System

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great customer service and support, awesome job and client management systems, great for invoicing, accepting payments, creating quotes and sales orders.

Pros:

ShopVox makes it extremely easy to view all projects and jobs in one screen on the Job Board as tiles. I don't have to worry that I'm forgetting about a project!

Cons:

The Express version does not have a finance charge option.

4 weeks ago

Thank you for your 5 Starreview! We're thrilled that you find the Job Board so convenient for managing your projects. It’s great to know ShopVox helps you stay organized without worrying about forgetting tasks. We appreciate your feedback on the finance charge option for the Express version. We're always looking to improve, and your input is invaluable. We're exploring new features based on customer feedback. We're glad our customer service and support, invoicing, payments, quotes, and sales orders are meeting your needs. Switching from HoneyBook is a big step, and we're honored you chose us. If you have more feedback or need assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out. We're here to help and ensure your experience with ShopVox remains exceptional. Thanks again for your review and being part of the ShopVox community!

Bradley
Bradley
Manager in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Price Increase

3.0 last month New

Comments: The product was awesome, modular, pricing was good but management terrible. They couldn’t care less if you happy or not. Disgusting.

Pros:

I liked that you could pay for the modules you wanted but that has changed.

Cons:

The sudden price increase, 350% to be specific and the founders attitude to my complaint. I was told if I don’t like the increase to just leave and go find something else.

Aundrea
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Loving ShopVox

Comments: We used a more extensive service before ShopVox which was so hard to use and get setup. Then we left ShopVox for a cheaper service and was back within a month as that service was harder to use as well. ShopVox is definitely the right fit and we plan to upgrade in the near future.

Pros:

ShopVox has helped streamline out bulk order invoicing tremendously. We have not even officially began using all of the features but we are excited to begin in the near future.

Cons:

That you are unable to use Zapier on all tiers.

2 months ago

Thank you for the review and the feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the ease of use which was a major priority for our team when creating Express! We want to get you up and running quickly.

Marjorie
Accountant/IT Specialist in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Software

Comments: We did our own set up; it was complex and lengthy - if I had it to do over again, we would definitely commit to having their experts do the set up. The learning curve was longer that it needed to be. We are thrilled with the quality of the product and the excellent customer support ongoing. I personally HATE chat support but they are so good I use it whenever needed.

Pros:

We have been using SV for almost 4 years, and we are delighted with the software, which replaced an outdated product that had become almost useless. Set up was complex - I recommend you use their services unless you have staff knowledgeble about both your operations and software installation available to dedicate exclusively to set up. It's worth it! Easy to track progess of sign build outs, printing projects, and installation; good invoicing with payment options, seamless integration with Quickbooks Online.

Cons:

I wish that all lists could be modified by admin users (specifically purchase order status codes). Second wish is that all fields in transaction lists could be sorted.

Glen
Sales Director in UK
Design, 11–50 Employees

SV Experience so far...

Comments: SV has been excellent from the start. Set up and installation was simple and with a bit of playing it has been developed into a solution for our business. There are lots of features and opportunities we can progress with and we are finding opportunities and ideas as we continue the development of the system. The remote support has been great, however I think with the vast array of products and offerings SV has, potentially a local UK based agent to help with set up and training would be helpful as sometimes peoples learning hobbits are different etc.

Pros:

The facility to run all of our sales and production operations from one system, working online is superb. CRM and quotations combined with scheduling and production stages help to provide a clear and accurate picture of all communications and projects within the business.

Cons:

Sometimes being able to view multiple sections would benefit instead of having to go in and out of fields etc. But apart from that the system offers everything we need to operate effectively and efficiently.

4 years ago

Glen, thanks for the great review! We are so happy that shopVOX is of great value for your shop and that you are using so many of it's features! Keep trying new ones!

Managing Director in Canada
Design, 11–50 Employees

Modulex Ontario

Comments: Shopvox has been very easy to learn and navigate. There have been some issues making changes, and creating specific reports, but overall, a great platform. There have been some bugs with reports and BI but for day to day quotes, order processing, invoicing and reporting, it has been great.

Pros:

Cross referencing data through searches, and related tabs, along with reports and lists. Ability to expand uses for production, web ordering, inventory, time management/tracking for production and more.

Cons:

Limited CRM (Sales) platform with less reporting for this area of business. Custom reports can be complicated and convoluted. Setting up and using the 'Job and Production' segment can be time consuming and can become more time consuming than value for the data entry.

4 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review. We are so pleased that you are satisfied with shopVOX for your day to day tasks We are constantly improving the software and love suggestions.

Fernando
Executive Director in US
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Best Sign Shop Tool in the market so far...

Comments: Great experience, it has being a game changer for us in our work flow, when I heard other companies struggling with the same issues we use to struggle I can't hold myself, I have to tell them, you have to give them a shot.

Pros:

That it has being upgrading and getting things easier and better every time. It never stops improving and the support team is super helpful all the time.

Cons:

That their developing even though it has being quick, the need of specific companies hasn't being fully develop.

4 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review, Fernando. We love that you appreciate the updates and that shopVOX has been a game changer. Also thanks so much for telling others about shopVOX!! That's awesome.

Greg
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Best Decision This Year

Comments: Like any new software we had to learn how to use the software, but it was not hard and the online courses saved the day. We have had a couple phone meetings those have helped tramindusly. We absolutely love ShopVox and are happy to be here.

Pros:

The ability to customize your workflow schedule, pay charts, and the organization of customers and accounts.

Cons:

The amoratizing of products on a line item.

5 years ago

Thank you for reviewing shopVOX Greg. We are excited that shopVOX was your best decision of the year. :)

JAYE
owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Started out ok

Comments: Was decent at first then we started to experience the bugs that everyone talks about in the group. Just wasn't happy overall for the money im paying

Pros:

integrated with my payment processor & my vendors

Cons:

lots of bugs, shopvox branding on emails, quotes, etc even though i pay $99 a month for the service, Not even sure if you can remove the branding. Lots of repetitive clicks, finish a sales order, then have to close it out, click for invoice, click to post to account, who has time for all that.

Ryan
Production Manager in US

Long time user

Comments: We migrated from SignVox which was an earlier signs shop only solution from this same company. Back then we came from Activity. Our whole database was migrated to the new system so we didn't lose any customer records. ShopVox is much more flexible and better than SignVox in nearly every way. Considering the competition in this space ShopVox is probably the best option if one can get over the initial learning curve and sit down to truly customize the software to their thinking and shop. I spent about 2 weeks determining the initial pricing formulas, templates, & workflows. From there I have evolved these items over the last 5 years as new features become available or I just have an idea of a different way to do things. There are only a couple of things that I would like to be able to do through ShopVox that do not work well, and some of those items are pending thanks to the customer support.

Pros:

Allows nearly a paperless work environment, yes filing can be a thing of the past. Fairly customizable for an individual shop. Several viable ways to do formula based pricing. Extremely responsive customer support - even takes feature requests/needs seriously. Works very well for telecommuting. Customer tracking and front-end accounting features work quite well, does tie into quickbooks though we do not use that feature.

Cons:

Mobile app is useless for field work. One can use the browser on your phone but it doesn't work well or allow concurrent sign in. Robust scheduling package is not yet completed (as of 12-6-18) so alternative solutions like white-boards or google calendar are necessary - but daily job tasks scheduling works great (as in this is what we need to get done to day. No really very good solutions for install appointments).

5 years ago

Thanks for reviewing shopVOX Ryan. We are happy that you benefiting from so many of shopVOX features and enjoying a nearly paperless work environment - less clutter for sure! We recently updated the shopVOX Go App. So, I hope you take some time to check it out. You can now upload assets, manage jobs and get signatures while on the field. Thanks for being a loyal shopVOX user. We look forward to serving you for years to come. :)

Tom
director in UK
Printing, 2–10 Employees

It's a good entry to cost based pricing

Comments: I think Shopvox has a place in the market. They are very good if you don't need the features they don't have and if you are not planning to grow substantially. If you do, unfortunately, they will not grow with you. I believe they are happy with the market they have and probably do not have the capacity to fix/add further features. 2-3 years ago, then they launched the pro version they put quite a bit of effort into it with the help site and many videos. None of that has been updated for the last two years. They used to have a youtube channel, but they stopped putting new content for 10 months or so, apart from one 2-minute video about some expo presence. It seems that their enthusiasm has died down a bit, they are just riding the wave until it lasts.

Pros:

The estimating is pretty good, you can work out quite complex quotes. Setting them up is fairly easy if you know what you are doing, can be a bit daunting if you are new to this type of software.For the cost, I think it's great software, if you are happy with the features it offers, look no further.

Cons:

There are many features missing or not well-developed. The development has kind of stopped. We have been using Shopvox for 2 years and nothing new has been added, and none of our requests has made any difference. A new version was beta-launched a few months ago (I think) we didn't opt-in as it did not have the features we need. No news since then, but from the demos I had the new version is just a bit of UI change. To be more concrete, here are some things we are missing or don't like.- Custom PDFs are very limited, some information which is in the system cannot be put on them.- Custom PDFs have to be created by Shopvox team at a cost of $150/document. Even if you want to move the date, make the font bigger etc, you will be charged that much. And weirdly a delivery note printed from a sales order or from an invoice counts as two, so $300 to make ANY change. Just bear that in mind- Multiple suppliers for the same material. The system cannot handle that at all.- Scheduling. There is none. When entering workflow you are required to enter Estimated time in days/hours/minutes. But that is for "printing" no size or area considered.There isn't even a sense of the scale of a job. A line on the job board could mean printing a single T-Shirt print or a 100ft hoarding. Both are just one line and no way to show the size on the jobs list.- VAT keeps changing to 0%, which we have lost quite a bit of money on. It's a bug, that has not been fixed.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Poor Poor Service

Comments: Absolute poor service, that permeates from the top, I've tried to resolve an issue for 3 months now, and whilst our account was suspended, I'm told the only time they will not charge is if I cancel.Had a message from the [sensitive content hidden],who's response is if you don't like it, go elsewhere. I agreed and asked for my data, to which the request was ignored.Your business is at risk with this company.

Pros:

Very basic costing system,not compatible with most systems

Cons:

Poor customer service, with an inability to understand English.

last year

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience with our product. Our subscription terms state that monthly subscription rates will be billed every month ongoing and will cease once a customer cancels the account. We give our customers the ability to cancel at any time; there are no long-term contracts. And if any issues or problems occur with your subscription, we recommend contacting our billing team right away. After investigating the details of your experience, it was discovered that your account had several past-due invoices. After many attempts that our billing team made to settle the matter, there was still an unpaid balance that remained unresolved after several months. We apologize for any confusion that may have occurred throughout this process. We strive to provide excellent service and support for all our customers and avoid miscommunication.

ELI
Director in Australia
Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

Shopvox as a complete solution for costing, quoting, work flow and invoicing

Comments: Overall very good experience and has without doubt improved our overall efficiency, productivity and speed in so many areas.

Pros:

Has all of the features that we had on our wish list plus a few more. Pricing module well thought out and flexible Very easy and quick to create complex quotes as well as keeping track of quotes for follow ups. Keeps a good historical and detailed record including artwork proofs which makes running repeat jobs easy or when re-quoting. The jobs board is a valuable planning tool to keep track of jobs in progress & deadlines therefore makes production planning easier. Responsive support team.

Cons:

Initial setting up is complex without someone locally who could understand our requirements and scope out the best way to set up the various modules. Lack of ability to alter pdf output ourselves e.g. customising design, layout & elements required or not required in quotes, sales orders, job sheets. Integration with Xero is ok but not perfect. Reporting tools could be more flexible so that we can pull out relevant information.

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review about shopVOX. We love knowing that you are benefiting from so many of the features it offers. We also appreciate the suggestions you offered. Thank you!

Elisha
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Creative, Powerful CRM and Job Management System

Comments: We've spent over 20yrs trying to find the best software solution to fit our CRM and Job Management needs. We've been on a zillion platforms, and cannot match the powerful features ShopVox offers. Besides the fact ShopVox has done an incredible job with the visual Job Boards, Processes, and Proofing Systems -- they are extremely trustworthy. We know our information is safe. We know even if we're working at 3am and have questions there is 24/7 Chat support available to us for help. ShopVox Support is amazing! We never have to wait too long to get a question answered or issue resolved. We've been using ShopVox since Oct. 2015 and couldn't be happier. We're also excited to see what the future holds with ShopVox continual improvements.

Pros:

The visual Job Thumbnails on the Job Board and Proofing System are hands down the best we've ever used.

Cons:

Cost is a bit high for the additional features needed, but in comparison to other platforms in the normal range.

5 years ago

Thanks for reviewing shopVOX Elisha! We take pride in our customer support and we are so glad that you have taken advantage of it at all hours of the day! That's what we are here for! :) We are honored that after years of searching for the perfect job management platform that you have found shopVOX to be best suited for your needs. We look forward to serving for many years to come!

Roberta
President/Owner in US

ShopVox has made my job quoting so much easier and I feel much more confident with my quotes.

Comments: More confidence quoting jobs.

Pros:

I struggled with estimates using my previous estimating software, but ShopVOX is so much easier to use. With this software I spend less time quoting job, leaving me more time for other tasks. There was a large database to begin with which I could fine tune to my needs. I love that I can access the software anywhere on any device. Customer support is outstanding and the company often updates the software, while listening to customer requests. It's also affordable and yet so powerful.

Cons:

Though there is opportunity to customize many areas in this software, I wish we had the ability to customize the quote and invoice forms a little more.

7 years ago

Hi Roberta - thank you so much for your review. Glad that quoting has become a lot easier for you. Will you tell me a little more about the quote and invoices issue? Our team can create custom PDFs to make your own branding - and if you're referring to the forms you have to fill out when creating a quote - you can customize those as well. Let me know. -Bryant from shopVOX

Leland
Consultant in US
Printing, Self Employed

ShopVOX is an excellent tool for quoting, ordering, and production management.

Comments: ShopVOX offers a tool to consistently provide quotes, orders, and invoices that are the same regardless of which staff member creates them. The system provides visual monitoring and management of multiple jobs that can be viewed by everyone involved. The company has an excellent support team that provides help and solves issues quickly and efficiently.

Pros:

I like ShopVOX's ability to produce consistent and accurate quotes and then convert them to orders that are presented in a professional manner without recreating documents and forms each time they are needed. Further, it is great that upon the acceptance of a Quote, the conversion to an order, with proofing tools and production management tools is straight-forward and powerful. ShopVOX enables direct and relevant communications between team members.

Cons:

If possible, it would be great to be able to quickly update pricing for materials and outsourced products when the vendor's increase their prices.

Kirsty
Creative Director in Australia
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Quotes getting lost in Cyber space

Comments: It can be a very difficult piece of software to navigate and the UI could do with some streamlining. Some things are very difficult to locate. However, for most things it works for us...which is why the quoting system (a huge part of why we use it) is so frustrating.

Pros:

The ability to manage almost all aspects of our works from sales leads, quoting (sort of) proofing, production, work orders etc.

Cons:

I am so frustrated with the assistance received from Shop Vox in regards to quotes not getting to customers - they are not even in SPAM. Both my husband and I have contacted them on several occasions due to quotes not being received by customers. We have done all of the things they instructed us to do, even engaging an IT professional to assist, yet we still have probably 6 - 7 customers a week not receiving their quotes. Shop Vox tend to absolve all responsibility of this, telling us to speak with domain and service provider all of which we have done. We use other software for other parts of our business all of which are always received by our customers. I think this is something Shop Vox needs to explore, especially since this is a major part of our business.We need some solid guidance/fixes for this.

Kathy
Bookkeeper in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Shopvox in the screen printing arena

Comments: The small business that employs me does not currently take advantage of the full range of activities the shopVOX system can capture but as we grow the company, the system is always there with the solution for our needs. I think that shopVOX is so flexible that it will work as well for us when we are a huge player in the industry as it does for the small business that we are now.

Pros:

I found it very transparent to the user and was able to learn a lot just by working with it (no teaching involved). If I ran into difficulties, the customer support was prompt and their directions were easy to follow.

Cons:

I think that anything I don't like about it is related more to my ignorance than anything about the software!

5 years ago

Thanks for your nice review Kathy. We appreciate knowing that shopVOX is easy to learn. That was one of our main goals when designing it. As you grow, make sure you do take advantage of more of shopVOX's features. They truly do save time as you have seen!

Christi
Sales/Admin in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

With all of the programs out there SHOPVOX has been the best for our company's needs for a sign shop

Comments: Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Pros:

My favorite feature with SHOPVOX is how user friendly it is, navigating is a simple task when you have a customer standing in front of you. Also on an accounting end SHOPVOX is very user friendly when searching for payments. On the production end SHOPVOX makes it very easy to keep track of ALL jobs whether they are in a QUOTE, SALES ORDER or if the job has been invoiced. Something that our department like as well is the roll up feature, it makes it simple for customers to read.

Cons:

All in all I have nothing bad to say about the software. The communication with customer service is NOT good at all. You end up having to figure stuff out yourself, Especially when it comes to syncing

7 years ago

Hi there Christi - we're very happy to hear that you like how user friendly shopVOX is. I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than great experience with our support team. I'd love to hear more about your issues. Please shoot me an email - so that I can look into it.

Andreas
Andreas
CEO in Finland
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Excellent software for a sign shop, helps control workflow and improve throughput

Comments: Improved workflow and throughput, reducing delays and delivery times, helping staff to plan their work, getting a more professional attitude towards the business, better customer service

Pros:

Controls the process from quoting to invoicing. After setup for example the quoting process is very easy but also very powerful. We have improved throughput in our sign shop and reduced delays, thus improving customer service by a lot. Customer service is excellent, quick and friendly response time for any question at any time. Great tutorials, instructions etc. Easy overview of daily work tasks, no more thinking of what to do next. The staff appreciates the more organized way of doing daily business and if a person is off you can easily take up the work they have going. Would recommend this software for any sign shop that has 2 or more employees.

Cons:

Setup demands time and effort to work efficiently but that's the case with all systems. Does not work well in Microsoft Edge but other browsers seem fine. Would like the possibility to search by name or text in the app instead of only sales order/invoice number.

Marion

Fantastic for smaller shops

Comments: I discovered them at a convention and was really skeptical of what they promised for such a small price. They gave me a decent free trial for me to try things out and I realized it was all for real. Creating powerful customized estimates was a major bonus as well as workflows with custom fields to enter in information important to our business. It's an extremely good value. What's more, their customer service is top notch and they are always improving the software. Any time I have had an issue they have either helped me fix it or have adjusted the software to allow me to do what I need to do.

Pros:

The Estimating feature is HIGHLY customizable. I was able to program a lot of different price structures into it. Anyone with a basic understanding of programming can create extremely powerful price options

Cons:

It shows it's sign shop roots a little bit and can be a little finicky for cut-sheet digital shops. They are constantly improving it so this is steadily getting beter

4 years ago

Thanks Marion for the great review of shopVOX!

Leland
Consultant in US
Printing, Self Employed

ShopVOX is an great tool for quoting, ordering, and production management.

Comments: My experience with ShopVOX has been very favorable. I am a consultant so I have the opportunity to see how different businesses operate, communicate, and execute. They all seem to have different ways of doing things but I have been successful at using ShopVOX to get them on a good track.

Pros:

I really like that this system is based on product development and pricing instead of being based on the processes. It makes more sense to customers to use their language like signs, business cards, vehicle wraps, etc. instead of printing, cutting, and installing. Customers want the products and not training in how they are made.

Cons:

I would like to have better documentation that is organized according to how the system is used.

Arman
COO in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Software with good features, but with a lot of issues

Comments: The entire soft is good to go, if it works. Good tech support, The rep teach how to start working, how to create flows and etc. Then comes the bad side of experience. After discovering bugs and issues, I show some of them to Aaron, he also see it in meeting. Then I tell them to schedule another meeting, to show other bugs and issues, and ask to cancel my account and do refund, and tell them that I will use their software if they fix these bugs and issues. And their co-Founder refuse to refund. At first he said that my described bugs are not issue. Then how to pay to employees. How can be it issue for you if we have 1000s customers. "About 4 ppl have spent time on your account so far including me/billing/Coach/Support". So just to know, I use trial period, then I paid for one month and one user, then I ask them to give discount for new users, because it will be just for testing. They give as 50% for the first month. I use only 3 days, after 3 days we find a lot of problems with performance and not working features. And he tell me about time they spent. Support answers with chat to my few questions, billing just cancel my account, and "me"..
This company instead of say thanks to finding issues, think only about their money.

Pros:

Process customization. Ability to do a lot in one place, from sale leads to production, to customer.

Cons:

Software speed, issues with user roles and notifications. Incomplete API, without any documentation.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Arman. We appreciate that you recognize many of the useful features of shopVOX. As with any new program it can take time to learn how to use it effectively and efficiently. Thanks for taking a few days to try it.

Tim
VP Sales and Marketing in US
Graphic Design, 11–50 Employees

Finally a Software that is truly built for Printing, Signage, Award and the Promotional Industry.

Comments: Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Pros:

Before ShopVOX, we had used three different platforms for our sales and shop operations. None of the three had worked seemelessly. ShopVOX has enabled us to manage our workflow, track the sales activities that lead to new jobs, and also use solid costing on our quotes to ensure that we're pricing correctly and maintaining margin with sales. The quoting process is quick and consistent. Pricing templates can handle all aspects of a simple or complex order.

Cons:

To be expected you do have devote time into setting up the pricing structure for your individual shop. I blocked out six days to get everything set up.

7 years ago

Hi Tim - thanks for your detailed review. We're very happy that you're a customer and I hope you'll get some value from our new E-Commerce features. As always - if there's anything I can do - just give me a shout.