15 years helping Irish businesses

About Make

Make is a visual platform that lets you design, build, and automate anything - from simple tasks to complex workflows - in minutes.

Learn more about Make

Pros:

Customer support is great. Amount of apps and integrations constantly being added to the system.

Cons:

It's a bit unclear exactly what is happening that counts against your limits, but the lowest paid plan is so little I upgraded to that when I needed to.

Make ratings

4.3
4.6
4.7
4.8

9.1/10

Make has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 380 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Make before?

Barrie
Barrie
Playful Person in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Make was a Game Changer for me

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Once I got Make set up it was a breeze. If there are every any problems, email is sent to me, which is very very rare

Pros:

Make allowed me to automate a very manual and lengthy process I had to do almost daily.

Cons:

I'm pretty sure I don't know everything Make does. I use it for one thing. So I don't fully understand everything or how it fully works. Sometimes I wonder if I could be using it for more things?

Kinzi
Creative Content Creator and Adult Industry Influencer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Make Up Your Mind & Use Make!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Make is Amazing: Make Up Your Mind & Make Your Life Easier & USE MAKE! This is Not a Paid Review, This Is Not an Employee Of The Company, This is a Woman In The USA Who Utilizes Free Tools In Creative Ways To Make Never Before Made Workflows By Integrating The Free Tools On My Free Tool List. Make Is In My Top Three FYI. Use It & I’m Sure It’ll Be In Your Top Three As Well!

Pros:

Make Has Done What It Needs To As A Tool : Make My Life Easy. I Work in Social Media & I Own Multiple Brands & I Run Many Accounts. Since I’m Bootstrapping My Businesses To Success, I Was Quickly Looking For An Alternative Tool To Zapier, Make Was My Choice. However I Soon Realized, Make Is NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO ZAPIER. Make Should Go Hand in Hand W/ Zapier. Using Both Tools Can Automate Your Workflows & Get Your Objectives Done, Leaving The Most Valuable & Priceless Thing That You’ve Been Wanting : Time That You Can’t Buy Back. Make Has Many Use Cases, Too Many To Name. But You Can Automate Processes & Integrate Apps To Get Tasks Done Without You Manually Doing Them. Use It For Complex / Creative Workflows, Or Use It To Add Extra Security On Your iPhone To Track Your Phone If Ever Stolen… It Can Do Many Things. & It’s a Must Need To Use Tool in My Tool List!

Cons:

I Least Liked The Limit on Make Of The Free Tier! Only Because I Think If Other People Were Able To Experience More of What Make Can Do Without Being Pushed To Buy Access To The Product, That It Would Sell Itself.

Information Services, 201–500 Employees

Good value in case of simple flows.

Comments: Overall, integrating this with a custom developed platform was a painful process.
It is an excellent tool for small to medium businesses that need to automate light processes (like requesting feedback after an order was placed, or autoreplying); but it falls short when it is needed for integrating with other custom APIs; as an example: a JSON schema cannot be defined upfront, it can only be inferred from an actual endpoint call - meaning that the model that Make suggest, may not reflect the actual response that will be received in various scenarios.
The model definitions, are stored in a data store (which is also part of the platform), but the data store is extremely limited in terms of what it can store vs cost; so for custom solutions the costs will increase rapidly.

Pros:

It provides a friendly and easy-to-use interface for defining and maintaining simple flows - these are called scenarios and they are comprised of tasks. It has connectivity with a wide range of services (pretty much all mainstream social apps, chat apps and email apps) The interface also allows you to see the general status of the execution, along with stats like number of running instances and an overview of completed/ failed scenarios. Also, the fact that this is provided as a SaaS solution made it appealing from a setup & configuration point of view.

Cons:

It is lightweight, meaning that anything above defining a simple flow that sends messages to a number of persons is extremely hard to implement. Although it has support for JSON or for calling web APIs, this is cumbersome, even for a technical user. In a similar fasion, it comes with the ability to define webhooks, but these are generally focused on mainstream social media platforms. Additionally, the active scenarios overview is extremely light, it does not give information about the actual tasks, only about the scenario itself - at times, this made it hard for the business users to determine what had gone wrong.

Arjun
Arjun
Co-founder in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

the most intuitive workflow manager out there

Comments: Overall, we're very satisfied with Make. It's a phenomenal tool. We are able to automate entire teams' worth of work because of it's wide APi access (every tool from Hubspot to Stripe to our database), large toolkit (we can connect with everything from web scrapers to OpenAI) and intuitive UI (which lets us build complex configurations). you do pay a premium over Zapier for this, but it's incredibly worth it.

Pros:

- excellent support for every major SaaS and AI tool - easy to create complex workflows - straightforward pricing - very easy to debug tasks and workflows

Cons:

- custom code modules leave something to be desired - Google Drive integrations lag Zapier's capability

Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Supercharge your workflows with Make

Comments: I would highly recommend Make to any business looking to get into automation or add more power to their workflows. It has expanded my horizons to workplace automation and operational efficiency in ways I didn't think were possible.

Pros:

Make is a game-changer for business of any size, and has allowed our team to supercharge its workflows. We've created automations that are far more powerful than any native integrations on our platforms (i.e. Jotform's Monday.com integration, which doesn't support all column types like Make does). Make's customer service team is also top-notch and goes above and beyond to help problem solve.

Cons:

The only thing is that I wish the error reporting information were more direct/helpful. That being said, if you read the documentation provided it explains everything. Sometimes the error reporting just goes over my head and/or can take a while to troubleshoot.

Marius
Director in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great API management and connection platform

Comments: Overall extremely satisfied. It is one of the cheapest options for our company. It is also very versatile, as it allows to build custom apps, which is made easy by good building interface.

Pros:

It has a lot of preset applications ready for use such as Shopify, FreeAgent, Excel, Google Sheets, etc. Once you understand the layout it's very easy to work with.

Cons:

It requires a weekly authentication for google accounts, which must be done manually. Also, the google connection setup is more complicated compared to the alternative platforms like Zapier.

Pedro
Pedro
Marketing & Growth Ops in Portugal
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

One of the best Marketing automation hubs

Pros:

Tools usually don't have native integrations with each other.Make.com is your best friend in these cases. You can easily set up conections between tools and do all kinds of workflow management stuff (Branches, routers, filters, transform data etc).Usually tools have an integration with make but, if you don't have it, you can always use the API.

Cons:

It can become expensive because you pay per each operation that runs

Christian
Christian
CEO in Italy
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Amazing Software

Pros:

It’s the easiest way to connect workflow and automate process

Cons:

I don’t know exactly.. I think the only things is the number of app social to connect. There isn’t TikTok and YouTube. This 2 app is so important to automate social workflow

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Life changer for automations and integrations

5.0 last month New

Comments: Fantastic, moving away from Zapier, which can be quite messy and expensive, Make just works faster, more user friendly and easy to setup

Pros:

Mainly how easy it is to integrate with external products, using direct connection or a webhook

Cons:

The filters between each connection could use a bit of enhancement

Miguel
Miguel
Senior Web Designer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Good tool but with lacks

4.0 7 days ago New

Pros:

Make is a good alternative to Zapier, its more affordable cost makes it a good option when you need to automate processes between apps.

Cons:

Sometimes we can't implement the same connections that we run on Zapier.

Mark
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Admin-slayer!

Comments: I'm a "one-man-band" running a non-profit that puts on multiple free, short, and in-person leadership training events through the year, as well as a low-cost annual day-long symposium. Two of my main platforms are Eventbrite (for ticketing) and MailChimp (for marketing). Although there is a readily accessible "direct" connection between Eventbrite and MailChimp, that connection is rather limited in what data is passed. In MC I set up two groups for each event (registered, checked-in). EB won't pass the checked-in datafield directly to MC..but Integromat can! Also, for our symposium, I use Integromat to connect EB to not just MailChimp as described above, but also to connect EB to Airtable as part of managing registration/data collection for presenters, volunteers and sponsors. In the past this was a labor-intensive, error-prone process. Now...it's automatic. SO MUCH GOODNESS!

Pros:

Tons and tons of connectivity, lots of capacity and functionality even at the entry level, and I've fallen in love with the graphical interface. I totally dumped another integration/automation service that was more expensive, less capable, and harder to build/analyze.

Cons:

Array management is a bit clunky, but once I got some hand-holding from their helpdesk, all is good. Graphical interface took some getting used to, but still much more effective than a simple list of automations (scenarios) created. Blog and other online sources also help move me through "hmmm, how do we do that" moments.

Howard
Principal in UK
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Brilliant software. Fantastic support

Comments: I first started with Zapier, which whetted my appitite for automating processes. Then I stumbled accross Integromat and never looked back. One of the first Scenarios I built transferred invoice information between SugarCRM & QuickBooks online, this was so successful that we could do away with a member of staff (my wife, she was grateful to not have to come in). since then we've automated so many processes that while our turnover has more than doubled since we first started using Integromat, we've managed to keep the same staff levels

Pros:

the versatility and flexability is amazing. there is no limit to what you can do. well that's not quite true, you are the limit. You have to keep using it to fully appreciate what you can do. Even if there isn't an app for your software, the chances are if it has an API, Integromat will be able to automate it.

Cons:

Possibly the shade of blue, but that sort of grows on you. If I was picky, the documentation could have a few more clearer examples of exactly what I'm trying to do.

Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

The best overall option out there. Support needs improvement.

Comments: Make is an excellent product overall, and in my opinion has the best mix of features, usability, features, etc. It also comes at a much lower price than Zapier for most uses. This is very important.

Pros:

Make is one of the most flexible SAAS products on the market. Its interface is more intuitive to me than Zapier. I love the workflow diagram structure. It works with a huge number of different apps. When I started using it, I needed Zapier to fill in some of the gaps where Make could not complete the needed integration (at least natively). Since that time, Make has added nearly all of my required integrations. It also has the flexibility to work with the API directly.

Cons:

Support takes a really long time to get back to you. Often times the response leaves something to be desired. Other times, the response is great (though slow). The transition from Integromat to Make was not handled very well. There are tonnes of complaints about problems caused as a result of the transition. Some of the complaints are warranted, others are overblown in my opinion. Would love the ability to run an automation again when things go wrong. This is currently missing (there may be a complex solution that I'm not aware of).

Gary
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Beautiful workflows but beware of pricing

Comments: I'm constantly on the lookout for another tool that can replace make due to the cons listed, but try as I may there are none that can do all the things that Make can do.

Pros:

Love the ability to route multiple inputs to multiple outputs. Has a very intuitive visual flow which I wish more products would adopt.

Cons:

Billing, apples to apples more expensive than other products in the space. Charges for all operations.Custom code not well documented. Even the most basic things take some research.Navigation not exactly great with data tables being located in the main menu and you'd want to have them in flows. Also seems very stingy with storage allocations.

Geoffrey
Founder in Italy
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Great balance between flexibility and ease of use

Comments: Make is still my go to automation tool.
I do have to resort to some other tools for more specialized needs like scraping or looping/transforming data as I feel like it uses lots of ops for such trivial tasks.

Pros:

I love the visual workflow editor (much more flexible than the static one in Zapier for multipath and conditional logic). It's the best in it's category. I also love how easy it is to debug each step.

Cons:

Pricing is still great value even after the rebrand. It just feels strange though to pay 3x more for your ops if you have to upgrade. I always had a mixed feeling about the support, sometimes I don't get an answer, sometimes it's super fast. Some modules are not maintained (or very slowly) and cause your scenarios to break (Youtube come on !) Some features have been massively voted (like merged path) and years later, it's not there yet. Arrays and collections work differently, which is always a headache to convert to the format your need in my experience. I'm missing a way to resume or restart a run that errored after fixing the scenario.

Lindsay
Director in New Zealand
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Like having an extra staff member

Comments: Brilliant.

Pros:

The vast connectivity to other apps that I use all the time means that while I selected it with a task in mind, I now find myself imagining new tasks to automate all the time.

Cons:

I'd love a little more responsive assistance when I have a question around how to achieve something. But still they are pretty responsive so It's not really a complaint.

Luca
Director in Italy
Market Research, 2–10 Employees

professional workflow diagram

Comments: the most tedious flows like: complete forms, save documents in a specific place, insert pdf invoices from e-mail into our ERP without any manual step

Pros:

The diagram editor is a unique feature, but you need a while to learn how it works.

Cons:

is not simple like others, but is really powerful, if you are a programmer-like minded you'll love it at first sight

Sergio
Digital facilitator in Italy
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Probably the bet connector out there

Pros:

Make is easy to understand and use for basic tasks; you need to invest some time on the (very good) training to exploit the ore advanced features and create complex workflows, but yuu'll find yourself doing magic.

Cons:

Some features and connections are missing, bu tit's only a matter of time, they'll be integrated for sure.

joel
COO in Philippines
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Integromat - Automation to the next level.

Pros:

Integromat has hundreds of apps that can be connected and it keeps on growing. They have functions that are not available in other automation apps. The way that you can automate from one trigger is almost endless.

Cons:

The interface and functionalities need some learning curve.

Gregor
CMO in Norway
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Good functionality, great price, awesome customer support

Pros:

- Good functionality, - Great price - Awesome customer support - Empowers me to do advanced marketing automation without substantial coding knowledge

Cons:

With many scenarios, the list can get a bit confusing

Philipp
Director in Mauritius
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Excellent alternative to Zapier

Pros:

All the essential tools for integration and workflow automation, wide range of available integrations, flexible pricing plans.

Cons:

Interface is ok, but could be improved, particularly while editing the scenarios. Some advance flow control options (like consolidate flows) are missing, but there are workarounds.

Kevin
Kevin
Consultant in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent iPaaS Tool - Less Brand Recognition, More Value

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

I have used numerous offerings in the integration platorm as a service category. Big name, expensive platforms such as Boomi, Informatica, Snaplogic, JitterBit, Workato, MIcrosoft, and Software AG. And also platforms I consider not true iPaaS platforms. Zapier/IFTTT are the best examples. They are truly targeting the citizen integrator, not a more advanced user or developer. I've used those tools directly, and using them to embed as functional components of a broader product architecture, such as using a Model Driven MIcrosoft PowerApp in a commercial software offering. Personally, I have found Microsoft's M365, Power Platform, and Azure suite, and even D365 though less so, to offer the greatest net value. Microsoft Teams is a tool that doesn't really have a peer (not even Slack in my view) in bringing all the value to an accessible place for end users to use the tools to measurable effect. However, I have also found the need for a complimentary tool that is not Microsoft developed, and after testing and labbing Informatica, Boomi, Jitterbit, Workato, and SnapLogic, and using Zapier for more personal-oriented purposes, I now look at Integromat as that key 2nd tool. It does not have the brand recognition of many of the others mentioned. But it's flexibility, utility, value, support, and the constant innovation by those managing the platform. I highly recommend the platform.

Cons:

Very little to complain about. Perhaps because of less brand recognition (in the US anyway), the community is smaller.

Derek
Derek
IT Analyst in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

Powerful and visually pleasing automation tool

Comments: This is a versatile platform for automating simple or complex workflows in a secure, elegant and uncomplicated way.

Pros:

The visualization it provides of the creation of workflows is very nice. I really like the drag and drop tool that makes it easy to connect applications. It greatly minimizes data loss and avoids errors. The no-code automation it offers, allows the construction of workflows in a simple way. With this platform, repetitive tasks are automated with great simplicity and efficiency.

Cons:

I found nothing to dislike, it has a very useful and versatile set of capabilities.

Joanna
Joanna
Social Media Marketing in Peru
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Good for small business

Comments: Overall is perfect to reduce the time breach between our leads in social media to the sales team.

Pros:

Although it can be a bit tricky to set up, once you use it, you can't go back, this allowed our small business to automate most of the daily task that we used for sheets from 1 hour to 20 mins, optimize the time of response and arrange better our database.

Cons:

Is needed to have a test, trial, and error to see actually how it is going to work since different applications have specific details to trigger correctly the information. Took me up to 1 week to set up properly for our needs.

Tomáš
Founder in Czechia
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

The most important tool for my business

Comments: Every aspect of business... processing orders based on payment received, bulk orders shipping, e-mail lead automation, crm, accounting... and more.

Pros:

Thanks to Integromat I am able to automate such a lot of tasks. I use it for creating lists of customers, orders ready to be shipped immediately. Use it for data transfer automation between a group of our services (e-mailing, crm, accounting...). When it comes to e-commerce, this is a must have tool.

Cons:

Even when I cannot find a service I need to connect, Integromat support can add it asap on request. Cannot think of any cons.