Priority Matrix Reviews

• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.4/5
    4.7/5

About Priority Matrix

Priority Matrix helps managers achieve better workflow accountability and visibility through more effective tasks prioritization.

Learn more about Priority Matrix

James M.
President / Master Black Belt
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/3/2020

"Excellent Platform to Execute a Strategy by Turning Ideas into actions!"

Comments: I use Priority Matrix as a way to support my clients with executing their strategy. The prioritization and actions allow individuals and teams to focus on the right actions to get the desired results.

Pros: Using Priority Matrix has allowed me and my clients to be more productive and get the right things done on time! I specifically like the customization and flexibility offered by PM. Since I work with a diverse group of people, many have adopted a similar approach and have specific categories of prioritization. Priority Matrix allows me to utilize my client's categories with ease, adding a customer-centric approach to my work.

Cons: I do not have any strong dislikes. As I begin to fully leverage the capabilities I expect to find opportunities for improvement. Based on my interactions with the PM team I'm confident they will listen and carefully determine improvements that will best suit users.

• Reviewed on 5/3/2020
Charles D.
Sr. Systems Engineer II
  • Reviewed on 3/1/2018

"Wonderful experience using this product"

Pros: I am continually thrilled using this product. With the instructional videos, learning more each time to take the product to new limits. I have kept tracked of projects and opportunities that I may have missed. I am actually ready for my review and goals for the company this year. Early and thorough. Tagged items really breaks down the data so it is easily searchable, I highly recommend using that feature.

Cons: I would like more `effort categories. I wanted to transform this to ease billing to Customer. I have just started using the feed to set the effort level, it just doesn't translate well in the reports. Especially 30 and 90 min effort levels.

• Reviewed on 3/1/2018
Shannon R.
Executive Vice President
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2017

"Love the product, appreciated when it was less complicated"

Comments: Organization

Pros: - Ease of pulling outlook emails into tasks
- Ease of being able to view on multiple devices (laptop, ipad, iphone)
- Quadrant organization
- Customer service is always very quick and helpful

Cons: It used to be a simpler product which was to its benefit. I have a lot more crashes than I did years ago and issues with the emails linking to the tasks when i want to open again.
Font is large compared to other programs and always resets and defaults to large.
Additional functions are geared towards team organizing which isn't what everyone needs.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2017
Martin a B.
Vice President
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2018

"Outstanding application package. Extremely Knowledgeable and Responsive Customer Service/Support"

Comments: Ability to plan for important/critical tasks more effectively.

Pros: -Great tool for Agile Team information Sharing.
-Very Effective Project Management Tool
-Strikes a Very Good Cord Between Individual Work Packages and Overall Timeline (Gantt Chart)
-Very effective tool for both Program and Project teams

Cons: -Needs more flexibility to help with more Franklin Style daily planning.
-Needs more flexibility to import/export data from industry standard tools (i.e. MS OneNote, MS Excel)
-Current file import function is can be clumsy

Alan C.
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"Ever since I read 7 habits of highly successful people, I like to organize in this fashion."

Pros: Easy, effective for on the go. Syncs with computer/phone. I set up many professional and personal projects then update/manage as my main source of task mgmt for these topics

Cons: I need to spend more time learning. I tried to share with a peer (who is less detailed and organized and me) and it was too much for her. I will schedule time for training, so I can be more effective

• Reviewed on 20/12/2017
Ted K.
Managing Director, Americas and Asia (prior role: Chief Marketing Officer)
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"The best platform for organizing resources and deliverables. Really identify what's most important"

Comments: focus
efficiency
I don't forget to do things.

Pros: Ease of use
Multi device syncing
Structure/quadrants
Word editing/heading customization
Intuitive selection of icons based on wording used
Easy to add new team members

Cons: User interface/design (dated icons and other visuals)
Lack of design customization
Reports ( I don't use them or see value in them but that could just be me)

Scott N.
Business Change Manager
Government Administration
  • Reviewed on 10/4/2018

"I love Priority Matrix. Easy to use. Great value."

Comments: Peace of mind from knowing I have visibility of everything (even if that is sometimes a little overwhelming).
It's also my single source of truth in terms of To Do's so when I start the day or week, I go to PM and I can pick up right where I left off.

Pros: It helps me ensure nothing gets missed and keeps me on track in terms of prioritising competing demands. I can see everything at a glance and it means no more scraps of paper.

• Reviewed on 10/4/2018
Lauren G.
Director Of Operations
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2018

"I love Priority Matrix and use it everyday."

Comments: It helps me manage all my to-dos and keeps me focused on the items that are most important. I have told many people about it.

Pros: I love the matrix style and the ability to always have it up on my screen. It helps me organize all my small tasks that do not need to be in my project management software.

Cons: I do not use it to its full potential by any means but it works for what I need. I do wish I knew more about what all its capabilities are. I also wish there was a phone app so I could add things when I am not by my computer.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2018
David K.
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2018

"Effective app with excellent support"

Comments: The ability to effectively manage my day and prioritize my tasks.

Pros: Very user friendly when you get used to it, highly effective for project and task management, makes you want to use the app, great integration features, and outstanding customer service.

Cons: Not that i really think it is a con, but if i had to pick at least one, i would say it may have too many features. Well, i consider myself a power user, but then again i feel like i only have about a 20% utilization of its capabilities.

Kit P.
Supply Chain Leader

"Positive. Useful. Valuable."

Pros: It is very powerful in helping me to remember and prioritize many tasks at once. I spend much less time now trying to figure out what to do next, and can get on with completing the task at hand.

Cons: Can be glitchy sometimes. Cust Service was helpful with some problems. The main problem I have is with recurring tasks disappearing to the inbox sometimes when I complete them.

Pete M.
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"Handy, well-designed productivity tool with great customer support"

Pros: Priority Matrix has become practically indispensable to me in my project management. As an independent consultant, I find it a powerful and handy tool to keep track of my responsibilities to my clients, to record and track pending obligations, and to manage everything from due dates to vendors to invoicing. There is not a day that I don't use it, and hardly a day that I'm not very glad for it. In addition, I have found the customer support superb--fast, informed, concise and helpful. I've now begun using it with some of my own sub-contractors, and they're finding valuable utility in it too--even as PM makes it possible for us to coordinate our shared projects together elegantly and easily from a distance. Specifically, we can assign each other tasks in shared projects, track each other's progress, leave each other edits, comments, and linked documents, and more. Works like a snap. PM also recently improved the ability to send emails directly from the email window (I use Gmail) to PM projects, including with deadlines, which is yet another upgrade I've valued. Finally, the integration across platforms is seamless (I use it on my iPhone, my iPad and my Mac). In sum: For me it has been a highly useful product, easy to learn and apply, with a great support team.

Cons: If I could change one thing, it would be to be able to make matrices for projects sub-matrices of other projects. For example, I have multiple projects I'm managing simultaneously for individual clients, and the jobs' complexity requires me to set up their own matrices for each project. But it would be helpful if those projects could all be integrated together underneath the client. I'd also value a fast way for PM to tell me each week what deadlines for tasks are approaching.

Paolo A.
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2017

"Amazing app for people who like to work visually versus linerally"

Pros: It's simple quadrant color system which can be adjusted to your own suiting
The ability to collaborate with others in shared
The ability to drag email in
The phone app which has gotten much better lately
Overall it just a great app it, unfortunately, I am underutilizing it

Cons: The ability to be able to use my own icon and the icon which you do have are quite limited and too simple
The thing that concerns me the most is the syncing I have had things not sync in the past and not be able to find them ( there has been some improvement but it still feels like I can't trust it and I am somewhat worried, the syncing has to happen right away when I add item and not have to think about forcing a sync)
I have used the drag over email but sometimes have lost the link to outlook which is annoying and then I can't simply email that from PM it's stuck there and I can't email it ( big problem for me)
This is not your issue but mine how to best use priorities I seem to add too many things as urgent and important I don't but others in the proper locations, I need to use it properly so it actually becomes my only place where I put to do and not email myself notes
And then sort them, I need a tutorial on how to get the most out of it and I haven't done it
I am
A Mac guys but have found that the app is a dumbed version of the outlook which is not good so I have to have parallels in order t have my outlook and PM together but flopping back and forth on the screen again makes the app, not in my face and I lose the ability to use it properly
And I use outlook more as a to-do list which is not what I want
I need help in how to use it because it is a great system that I am
Not taking full advantage of
Need to able to work with Siri
others have done it

Carolyn N.
Psychologist
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/2/2017

"A Great Product to Maintain Focus and Productivity"

Comments: I work alone, manage multiple projects, and more than one business. Priority Matrix allows me to see how much I am doing and identify what is realistic. I have a tendency of wanting to do more than is possible. Priority Matrix is easy and allows me to outline each project I have and the steps to completion. It is easy to track progress, add notes, and delegate when I need someone else involved. Depending on the project, I pick the best matrix for the task. It helps clarify and focus what needs to get done and by when, and it is very user-friendly. Further, because it creates a visual for what I am doing, I have a much better sense of what is too much because I can see the scope of each project and this allows me to maintain a better balance in my life. I have eliminated projects with simultaneous due dates, and I am much clearer about what is possible, and this ultimately makes me more productive. Project matrix allows me to sort out and break down tasks so that I can identify what I can do depending on the time I have available and the deadlines. Product Matrix is an application that works for me and keeps me focused, on task, and increases my productivity.

Pros: Priority Matrix is such an easy program to use, and there are so many options that allow me to make it work the way I need to for my task. The fact that you can choose between the different matrices, again makes it work the way I need depending on the project. Being able to set deadlines, reminders, track notes, add people to a project, track changes, and see reports, so you get a global view of how you are managing your projects provides the information you that gives you insight into your project management skills and improve. While the program provides structure to projects, at the same time enables you to customize how you set it up for according to what you need.

Cons: I would like to see more space for the notes and details of the project. All the information is there but it feels cramped. This is not a con, I would love to see the options for really bright colors when you are choosing your color schemes.

• Reviewed on 11/2/2017
Amirah M.
PhD student & teacher
Higher Education

"PM is wonderful!"

Comments: I am a PhD student, in a STEM field, who also happens to have some learning and other cognitive issues. A fantastic disability resource counselor introduced me to the priority matrix model but for it to really work for me I needed at the least an online, secure, cross-platform, searchable, calendar linked application. I thought I was going to have to build something myself, which I don't really have the skills or time to do. Thank goodness for PM. It has been magic and I recommend it to everyone! The only things which subtract from the experience: the UI could use some design help, the android app is a little unstable, and I would love to see some cheat sheets of steps and tips I could keep handy because, as a function of my particular disability, I have memory problems especially with multi-step interface tasks.

Pros: Most are hard to figure out. There are a lot of things I love about PM. Perhaps what makes it especially functional for me is that it works on many platforms. I need to move between android and mac systems everyday so now I really only consider software which can accommodate that. I love the browser extensions, the customization options, and Google calendar integration.

Cons: The UI is a bit challenging. For such a full featured piece of software, I completely understand how hard it can be to make the interface completely obvious but the icons used are, at least for me, not very intuitive. The sidebar menu for customizing tasks is also problematic.

Chase A.
Lab Coordinator
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/2/2017

"Priority Matrix Review...A Laboratory Perspective"

Comments: The program has been an easy way to track multiple job/task progress throughout the day/week/month. At a quick glance it is helpful to have all users on the same page at the same time*(assuming accurate sync(s) between users). We have experienced sync issues which include: users not seeing what another user is seeing, job/task(s) disappearing, changes made and older versions of job/task reverting. With as many job/task as we create and complete each day, it is very tough to notice these sync issues. From a lab manager/coordinator stand point, I watch nearly all jobs/tasks and I cannot memorize or recall ALL the changes, etc to a single job out of the dozens being processed. That aside, we would love to have more useful analytics available; currently our President does not see the usefulness of current analytics available with the Business or upgraded service ($$$/effectiveness ratio). No export into spreadsheet form offers no relief from having to use this software itself for those purposes. I understand not having that option may steer potential clients of your software toward NOT getting the upgraded service(s), but I believe it would actually increase the number of potential clients wanting to use it for purposes similar to ours. Less programming on your team's part, while still giving your clients the option to use your software catered to their own needs in a spreadsheet form. Additional features/options in "query"/search/filter methods would be very helpful as well. Short of processing in a spreadsheet form, this would allow someone to "manually" pull user data from our company. There is no "undo" feature in your software, as well as, other common commands/features offered in many of the other software/programs users are familiar with. Having an "Archive Shell" would be amazing, as we have many jobs/tasks completed and needing to be thinned out of the "View - All Items" filter. The "archive shell" could act as an easy way for users to save jobs/tasks completed in a non-editing mode of the program, to be viewed if needed. Currently, we have one quadrant serving as our "Archive" for each given project. We are pleased with our customer support and appreciate the help this software offers to our organization/communication/operations. I don't know how much we pay for these services, so I can't speak of the "Value for Money" rating. I do really feel that this software is close to being a 4+star in each category with the right advancements.

Pros: Quick access to jobs/tasks, especially with the "Ctrl+F"/search function.

Cons: Can't export/pull data for manipulation in a spreadsheet.

• Reviewed on 8/2/2017
Katy M.
Graphic Design + Visual Arts Instructor
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2018

"This tool helps me keep all my tasks organized and I have recommended it to many people."

Pros: The ability to move tasks around as priorities change, add due dates, reminders and notes. I used to be writing and re-writing to do lists constantly, and sometimes things would get lost. I use my 4 quadrants like this: Work due ASAP, Work due soon, Long term work, and back burner.

Cons: The visual design needs to be updated. I like the visual appeal of Google Keep, but they do not have the functionality PM does. Maybe some options for different fonts, and some other options other than the 4 quadrant? Also, I would like to be able to sometime just show one of the quadrants, and make it a smaller size to go on my desktop without taking up too much space. An integration with ical would also be good, so everything you give a deadline can also be on your calendar if you choose. I like that it syncs to my appon the desktop and phone, but do not like how there is that sign in screen, I want it all to be automatic and seamless like Google Keep is. I have had instances where one updates and the other does not and then I get doubles or things get confusing. Also, the base price is expensive. I think it is worth it personally, but when I recommend it, I can't see too many people using it. I think it would be especially good for students and have recommended to parents of middle school students who are having a hard time keeping organized. What if you had a "lite" version for students that was a lower cost? It would only have four quadrants and just one project or something.

• Reviewed on 11/4/2018
Seth D.
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2017

"Eisenhower would have been proud of Priority Matrix!"

Comments: I will quickly admit that without having used Priority Matrix over the past few years, I'd probably be lost. As an entrepreneur, I run a few small businesses, each which requires a great deal of task management. Getting a handle on all of those tasks be incredibly overwhelming at times. A few years ago, someone had suggested that I start breaking down tasks via separate Eisenhower Decision Matrices for individual projects, which makes it easier to stay on task and get things done more quickly and effectively. This process encourages one to tackle the more challenging things that need to be done ASAP, and putting off the easier projects that don't need to be accomplished immediately. But what if there was a digital version of the Eisenhower Decision Matrix system? Enter Priority Matrix. It syncs across my iPhone, iPad, and all of my Macs, so I can stay on track wherever I am. In fact, it even offers a great deal of flexibility beyond this. I even use it for my 2-column 'Pros/Cons' lists and 1-column shopping lists. Unlike some other 'to-do' programs out there, one of the best features included is the ability to flexibly tag/label each task with various icons. Often, I have tasks that I have to put 'on-hold' as I'm waiting for a reply, etc. ' and I need to walk away from them temporarily and focus on other tasks. Hats off to Appfluence to including this vital feature. The only 5-star rating exception here involves the pricing. In an earlier version of the program, I had to purchase separate versions of the application for each device (iPhone/iPad/Mac). That irked me a bit, but I overlooked it as the software was so great. Unfortunately, the new subscription model hurts single users who don't have the funds for a subscription or even need team-based functionality. Clearly Appfluence's new pricing strategy is an attempt to bring in more revenue via multiple licenses and subscriptions, but I strongly hope that they reconsider. Any app's success depends upon individual home users, who can convince their bosses at work to buy it for their department. If the program's team-sharing functionality is truly valuable, then businesses will have no problem paying for it. Again, if you want to stay on track with an Eisenhower Decision Matrix system, Priority Matrix will save the day. Although ensuring that adhering to your priorities and doing the work is up to you, Priority Matrix will help you get the job done and stay on track. Great job, Appfluence!

Darren A.
Business Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/2/2017

"Good Task Organiser - Different From Others"

Comments: I've tried lots of different task managers over the years but the only one I still use every day is Priority Matrix. It is different to others in that each project is divided into four areas, you can put pretty much whatever you like in any of these areas. I run an ecommerce business and find that this layout works really well for managing our day to day tasks. The software looks a bit dated in some respects but it works really well and is pretty easy to customise to our exact needs. There seem to be a lot of features which we don't really use as the basic functionality works well for my needs. Syncing between a PC, iPad and iPhone also works well 95% of the time, occasionally there is the odd sync issue but this is not a major problem really. The iOS apps work well, they sometimes log you out but logging back in is fairly painless, it would be nice if they never logged you out though. Actually using the iOS apps to manage your tasks is really easy, as is creating and editing new and existing projects. Pricewise it's not cheap, but not really that expensive either, there are some great task managers that are free, however, I have no issue paying as it fits my needs to perfectly.

Pros: 4 box / areas layout, good iOS apps.

Cons: Looks a bit dated, iOS apps occasionally log you out.

• Reviewed on 6/2/2017
John A.
Vice President of Global Sales
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2018

"Priority Matrix works for me to ensure significant projects and tasks are tended to and completed"

Pros: Cloud-based software that serves me (not the other way around), making access to projects and tasks convenient via desktop in the office, laptops while traveling, or mobile devices while on the move. Collaboration within our teams makes Priority Matrix the perfect solution for groups of people to achieve more together. PM helps me focus on what needs to get done, it also helps me decide what isn't important enough to get done. it helps us get our attention on the right stuff.

Cons: Finding the right balance of using just the right amount of the features and functionality to maximize the benefit of Priority Matrix - that's the key. It can be a personal challenge to transition all the good ideas that roll-into PM and assign them to manageable number of projects. "You can do it all, and Priority Matrix can help". ok, this isn't really a CON about the software. You figured that out by now.

Shawn H.
Industrial Automation, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2017

"Helps dig out from 'overwhelm'."

Comments: I'm mostly a pen/paper person. As such, I have dozens and dozens of yellow legal pads with important notes on the first 3 pages. And I have 8 rather large stacks of these all over my desk, grouped by functional area: Marketing, Operations, Sales, Engineering, etc. So last week I started working with Priority Matrix and began the process of digitizing my notes. Just the reduction in size of paper piles has helped me feel less overwhelmed. The software is easy to use, intuitive and it's fast to re-organize and re-structure the tasks in different quadrants and lists. I am currently only using it as a single seat, but I can tie in keep people on the team with their own seat in the future and use the software to help manage the delegated tasks and the necessary follow up. I have it installed on three computers and my phone. It all syncs seamlessly so I can work on things wherever I am. So far, very pleased.

Pros: The hot keys to enter items in the particular quadrant are easy to reach and fast.

Cons: It's yet another piece of software with a monthly per user charge. I understand why this is necessary, but until a person is really using the software effectively, the costs are hard to justify/recoup.

Jonda S.
Senior Controller
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2017

Comments: Helps with time management, organization, delegating and collaborating.

Pros: I like the icons and the tag feature. I like having the ability to drag and drop between quads. I like the notes feature on individual items and the ability to add files. I like that when you use the word email in an item name it automatically assigns the email icon. I like the ability to set due dates and recurring deadlines. I like the ability to track my own progress and effort percentages as well as observe others.

Cons: I don't like how when you sort by icon, it does not sort icons featuring numbers in numerical order. So if you are using orange icons featuring numbers 1-9, when you sort by icon it starts with 9 and moves in descending order. I'd prefer it start with 1. I'd like to see an option to "Unmark All" for all items marked done in individual Quads as well as a project as a whole. I would appreciate more videos or tutorials on using all of the different features together, like a time lapsed start to finish project video. The tips feature is nice but does not give a bigger picture.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2017
David M.
Product Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/2/2017

"Best task management tool out there"

Comments: Great product. The concept is great! It allows me to establish my priorities in the most effective way using any task management techniques pioneered by customer support. The tool is flexible to allow you to customize it, yet simple enough so you don't spend time inputting data so you can spend your time on the most important thing: execution. There is room for improvement to make the experience more consistent across the platforms, but it is in my opinion the best task management tool outthere.

Pros: The product is easy to use and it integrates well with other productivity tools (calendar, email). It's syncing capabilities are awesome, allowing me to work on my iPhone when on the move, my iPad when I'm chilling at home, on my MacBook at my home office, and Windows 7 station at work.

Cons: There is a need to make the tool consistent across all the platforms

Chris R.
President and CEO
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2018

"The product has been instrumental in transforming how we manage projects on a company wide spectrum."

Pros: The online real time access to forms, drawings, ability to centralize installation notes and sync data to all of our technicians ad email reports to clients sets us apart from anyone in our industry so far in our region. Our documentation for warranty and support services has never been better.

Cons: the only think i don't like is the absence of a small non-standard feature that we could use but that is not built in yet. The ability to individually remove or add quadrants or single items from or to a group project. We want to be able to quickly give everyone access to all items like happens when when we build a file from an All-Team template, but further, to selectively keep some items private for only certain team members.

Janet S.
Clinical Lecturer in Infectious Disease
Research, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2018

"I find this a useful and easy to use way of organizing my things to do lists"

Comments: Less stress, more organisation

Pros: I like the Eisenhower grid the best, and particularly that it is easy to swap items between places, taking it off the active list without deleting it altogether, for example, when I job is not finished, but I am unable for some reason to action it at this time. I also like th master list, which helpps me focus on the matters in hand

Cons: At present moving items between projects is tricky. Itens move from one to the adjacent grid, sometimes, accidentally which is annoying - I feel either it would be better for items simply not to move at all between grids, or be more controllable. The adjancent gid is not necessarily where an item needs to go. This could benefit from a little work

Melinda D.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2017

"Great project management software!"

Comments: Priority Matrix can do SO much! More than I can probably ever use! If you manage multiple projects over a course of time with long lists of tasks in each project with varying deadlines, etc.? Then this is for YOU. I needed a system that would help me do that, and do it well. And PM has definitely fit the bill. It does take time and effort to learn how to use PM and its features, but if you want to be organized and on top of your game -- any system worth its weight would take your effort! Plus, the customer support is probably the best that I have ever received -- EVER. Prompt, efficient, capable describes every interaction that I've had thus far with PM folks. I liked using PM so much like I decided to add a member of my team to my subscription, and now we together use it to manage both our individual and team projects. One of the great parts about that is now I have a place to jot notes and different ideas that come up throughout the day ... instead of sending 3 emails or text messages ... thoughts can be collated in one place.