Vagaro Reviews

4.7 (2,827) Write a Review!

About Vagaro

Use Vagaro Salon, Spa & Fitness Software to get booked, process payments, send reminders and market your business. Starts at $25/month.

Learn more about Vagaro

Pros:

I like the professional view and the ease with integration.

Cons:

Poor customer service with and attitude. Difficult to use for for more then 1-2 people.

Vagaro ratings

4.6

9.2/10

Vagaro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,827 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vagaro before?

Filter reviews (2,827)

Axel
Axel
Engineer in Mexico
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

It's great but unnecessary

Comments: It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

Pros:

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

Cons:

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

2 months ago

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Molly
Salon Owner/Esthetician in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Is Varago is good for your company?

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

Pros:

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

Cons:

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Julie
Manager in US
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees

Do Not Use

2.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Cost of the service compared to others on the market, such as MindBody.

Cons:

Vagaro Support is the worst I've ever worked with. We have been working on getting our small business on Vagaro's platform since April. It is now Aug, & we are still not up and running. Everything we are doing is Out-of-the-Box. No customization. However, support has not been able to complete our import, so we've been paying a monthly fee since April for a service we cannot use. They are horrible at responding to requests for status updates. I'll email support multiple times and they don't respond for weeks, if at all. The only time I can make any headway on our import is if I work on it myself, or when I start calling them daily (sometimes 2x/day). Then we make a little progress only to begin the cycle again a few days later with me being ghosted. If you're looking to use Vagaro for your business, don't. We are at the point where we are willing to take the sunk cost on the money & significant amount of time we have put into this and start over with one of Vagaro's competitors, such as MindBody.

Inna
owner in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Great system for Nail salon

Comments: So far works great for our nail salon with 3 full-time employees and 2 part time employees. Everyone is staying on top of the schedule and its easy for employees and clients. There are so mani other report and dashboard you can run to be on track.

Pros:

Easy to use, able to do online booking and scheduling for multiple artists at the time. Each artist views the most resent schedule and any last min cancelations.Easy check out.

Cons:

I would love to see more customized features when sending a confirmation message, or reminders.

2 months ago

Hello Inna. Thank you for sharing your feedback! You are able to customize your email confirmation message, which you can read about in this article https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000439594. If you're looking for customized text message, that would require text marketing, which we also offer! You can learn more about the kinds of campaigns we offer here https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412652458779

Tasha
business owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Love using Vagaro!

5.0 last month New

Comments: overall pleased with our experience

Pros:

We are able to schedule multiple service providers, check clients in and out/POS, provide online booking, use the email/text marketing and appointment reminders, as well as use client intake forms and create soap notes all in one place rather than paying for and navigating several programs. However, my most favorite thing about Vagaro is the interaction and follow through of customer service and the constant improvements with the software!

Cons:

some features aren't optimally designed for our specific needs, but in general we are able to get by using what is provided so it still works great for us.

Jonathan
Massage therapist/owner in US
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Great and easy to use system

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

They system is really easy to use and update. Can make necessary changes easily

Cons:

There were just a couple set up items that didnt have the explanation needed but the customer service was easy to reach and got back quickly

Tynne
Tynne

Customer Service Knows Me Well!

Comments: We've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer.
Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of "Rock...Paper....Scissors" when they see me pop up on chat they're always happy to answer a question and walk us through something. :)
The software itself is very user friendly and most of our clients say that the online booking features are fast and easy!
I have no doubt that Vagaro will get better as they grow more customers. I'm sure for the independent service provider the core needs are 100% met. As larger salons join Vagaro the features that bigger salon/spas need and want will be added.
Thanks Team Vagaro for a great booking/business software!
~Tyne & Team Zoi'A Spa & Salon

Pros:

Easy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients. Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking. Marketing tools are a good business driver. Business reports are getting better with every update. Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system. Online chat option is AWESOME! Customer Service is A+

Cons:

-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list. -We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well. -Marketing promos could use a "retail" option. -Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.

Liana
owner in Canada

Great Salon Software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Fabulous

Pros:

I love the appointment reminders feature. The online booking is super easy to navigate and customers love it .The 24 hr help is a major bonus and is always helpful. The software as a whole has made my business better and more profitable.

Cons:

That you cant send a text message to clients through the software .

jasmine
Cosmetology in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

This System Changed My Life.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The best I've been with Vagaro over 7 years. Would not trade Vagaro for nothing.

Pros:

The gains in my money are absolutely amazing.

Cons:

Just really, I need to study more to be able to maneuver smoothly.

Quiana
Lash Tech in US

Why I Love Vagaro Just As Much As You will

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had an amazing experience with Vagaro. It keeps my clients and I on perfect track with everything. From pricing, services detailed description's, and appointment confirmations. Vagaro makes it a bit easier for clients that prefer to not communicate back and fourth to figure out what time and date works best for one another. It also benefits clients so they do not feel intimidated and they could book straight through my link in my bio.

Pros:

The features that are most impactful would have to be calendar and notifications. This software is very easy to navigate through and submit all the information/description for you clients access when booking. Clear communication is key and Vagaro software does exactly that. Integration flows great with other social medias and products allowing majority of them compatible.

Cons:

Least favorite thing about software would only be is that at times it does get a bit glitchy, but that is about it.

Michelle
founder in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Vagaro Love (it's a real thing)

Comments: Great, great. I love Vagaro. Like, sincerely hands-down I am fan all the way. It's format is user friendly for my clients and my staff to learn. The vagaro university on YouTube is so useful. Of course, their customer service rocks. The learning curve with my previous CRM was painful and long. Vagaro is a joy to work with.

Pros:

The customer service. The majority of reps are great and very helpful. I also love the a la carte pricing, it makes it so much more affordable and you can add what you need as you grow. I also love how they are consistently adding new features. I also feel like they listen to user feedback and implement changes. Vagaro University on Youtube is great! The electronic forms are a lifesaver to help enforce our cancellation/refund policy. Thanks to Vagaro I could run my business with peace of mind and be seen as more professional by the public.

Cons:

I wish the logging in part was faster for the client and also it feels like the experience is more on vagaro than our brand. I would like the option to create a brand app more affordable. Also, if a client already has an account from another user, it erases the information placed it by me and makes me start all over. I would also like the client to add their mailing address and date of birth on their intake. The mailing address is an important aspect of our marketing. I wish the star rating on employees could be a feature that could be turned off or on. At times, it makes it hard for newer therapists to get bookings.

2 months ago

Hello Michelle. We appreciate your review. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please reach out to [email protected] Thanks so much for the kind words!

Kristin
Kristin
Business Owner in Canada
Cosmetics, Self Employed

LOVE this program is GREAT & Easy for beginners to use!

Comments: Love it?

Pros:

I absolutely love this program. I was using paper calendar and paper files. I am SO happy I could help planet earth and take away my old school filing system and replace with an online. It was so simple to set up. So it’s a great program for beginners. I love the points system and the fact you can add products as I just don’t provide services - I also sell products. Customer service is always available for help also!

Cons:

Ummmm…can’t think of anything I don’t like. Maybe to make your work hours easier to use. Like I have another part time job and when I switch my hours online it copies it as the business hours of the business which I do not like. I wanna keep it open 8-4pm but say I work 12-3 I don’t want it to switch it online to that. Do you know what I mean? I just want it to look like I’m booked.

2 months ago

Hello Kristin. We're glad to hear your feedback. You can read about how to set your business hours here: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405450496923

Sosanna
Owner/Massage Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Helps me operate my business seamlessly

Comments: I switched over to Vagaro from MindBody Software and I am super glad I did. I have just about everything I need in one place that allows me to run my business seamlessly.

Pros:

I like that this software is a one stop shop for me. I can schedule appointments, offer online booking and gift certificates and use it as my point of sale system. I am able to email and text my customers reminders, note and even send out emails with promotions and newsletters.

Cons:

It would be really great to be able to customize the reminder and confirmation reminder emails. As well as be able to have a text number attached to my account that a client can text back. Many clients text back the confirmation email and they are confused when we don't get their message.

2 months ago

Hello Sosanna. We're happy to hear about your experience. You can customize the appointment email by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007892554. For the text messaging, I would recommend submitting that as a feature request by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021060374. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Jason
Fitness Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Best Value For Real

Pros:

Auto drafting, session tracking, point of sale of services and products ease of use and modification of sale and scheduling formats.

Cons:

Honestly the only thing is waiting for deposits. 24 turn around would be great vs waiting for specific business days. This hasn't been an issue at all just a preference

Cynthia
Massage Therapist in US

Love Vagaro!

Comments: I'm saving a lot of space not having to keep a paper schedule. Taxes are way easier, and if I used the software how it was meant to be used, it would be even easier. Baby steps! Haha.

Pros:

It is super easy to use, and if it isn't, customer service is there to help. The tutorials help too! TONS! There were a few things I had to give up moving to Vagaro from my old software, but I told customer service about it and not only did they figure out a way for me to still kinda offer the same thing to my clients, soon after, they came out with the option I needed!!! Like they did it just for me!

Cons:

It's NOT the software I have an issue with...It's payment processing. WAY TOO LONG TO GET PAID when my clients pay through Vagaro. I discourage it mostly.

stylist-owner in US

GOD send

Comments: For a small chair rental salon with no receptionist because there's no need for one, the online booking for customers and especially the reminders 3 days and day before are priceless...and being able to book 24/7 no matter if at home , eating out, rehab, or hospitalized with covid..I can work anywhere. except prison ,no shoelaces, no belt and sure as sh#* no cell phone..lol... just kidding about eating out, ill never book a customer when eating.

Pros:

integration wasn't difficult , even if your not technology savvy its still very easy to learn and setup . Stylists and customers love it! from reminders to booking . Ease of use is very impressive with both. And as Stylists we have not even tapped into the full or depth of tools that vagaro offers. Iv'e tried others and hands down Vagaro is a win/win for you and customers. There's a video tutorial for every feature . My wish to grow salon or to multiple salons to take full advantage of the minds that built and continue to maintain/improve the perfection of Vagaro.... "Very Grateful"

Cons:

No complaints and every now and then we'll hear something didn't work . But it's usually the User, the Cell service or Internet. NO COMPLAINTS VAGARO. I really don't have a complaint....unless you have the capability to read my mind , print real money, oh! let me customize my OWN colors , i love the Vagaro orange , sometimes black.....lol...keep up the great work!!!

JENNIFER
OWNER/OPERATOR in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, Self Employed

Fantastic for this one-woman show

Comments: Very affordable booking/confirmation system, credit card processing, inventory management and reports included, these are my baseline needs and Vagaro fulfills them 90% well. They were very helpful when signing up and helped me import most of my needed info, not perfectly, but pretty well. That is the end of actual human interaction though and sometimes an actual HUMAN customer service conversation by phone would be appreciated.

Pros:

Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile; great price for what you get, especially for a small or individual practice--calendar, email/sms confirmations, online booking (if you choose to use that); reports (though either I haven't found some yet or they could be improved, i.e. I accept checks and it gives me a total for check deposit, but not the # of checks); integrated payment system takes clear and fair CC fees out as they occur, COVID clean checkout can send signature/gratuity page to clients mobile; a la carte pricing, i.e. I needed "forms" for sending COVID forms, but can cancel that portion anytime and save $10/mo if not needed; Inventory management--could be improved, but for around $30/mo, can't be beat from what I've found.

Cons:

Deposit reports: how many checks are in the total that I need to deposit for a period of time? Would save me from adding all checks manually to see if amounts match; Inventory: To adjust current inventory items, it seems I need to do it item by item... they have a "mass edit", but I have never figured out how to get it to work for me and I HAVE contacted support about this issue, the back and forth chat is exhausting and sometimes you need to step away from the computer for a reason and the chat ends. Pricing on Service items: There should be a button to allow the pricing to show in the Appt and/or confirmation emails, if I want the price to show, I have to make it part of the Service title, thus when my prices change, I have to change each of those titles manually. I have clients who like to prewrite checks and they need to easily know the price ahead of time.

Michele
owner in US
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

Comments: What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros:

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons:

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

last year

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Tatiyana
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Comments: Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros:

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons:

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

2 years ago

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Melinda
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Comments: Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros:

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons:

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

2 years ago

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Yeefah

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros:

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons:

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

2 years ago

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Elizabeth
LMT, Owner in US

Easy to setup and use

Pros:

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons:

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

2 years ago

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Joanne
Massage Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Comments: Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros:

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons:

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

2 years ago

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Amy
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Best value for features, support level & price

Comments: I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

Pros:

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons:

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

2 years ago

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Sara
owner/studio suite stylist in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Great Booking System

Comments: It has over all been pretty great especially now that they give notice when updates are happening and the system goes down.

Pros:

The Customer service has quick response and my customers find it user friendly

Cons:

Well first of all I know over 1000 stylist use this yet our industry is not listed in the pick an industry choice. So in case you don't know it is called the beauty industry, not cosmetics and not consumer services. Any how I do wish the reports were more streamlined some how I do feel like I always need to go to a different screen to find out different reports.

2 years ago

Hi Sara, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!