15 years helping Irish businesses

About Omnisend

100k+ Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix ecommerce stores trust us for our easy newsletters, email marketing, SMS and lead capturing.

Learn more about Omnisend

Pros:

Easy migrating from Mailchimp. Easy to use interface, and great customer service.

Cons:

The moving target with monthly fees is a bit frustrating.

Omnisend ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Omnisend has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 716 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Omnisend before?

Bo
Bo
Customer Service Ambassador in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Very nice for marketing solutions

Comments: We have been using Omnisend for both campaigns and workflows and customized everything with our needs. Customer service responds well when needed help and they are very knowledgeable and reacts very fast.

Pros:

Has pre-built e-commerce workflows and automation workflows with pre and post purchase follow-ups, and lots of other features that can create your sms or e-mail marketing campaings from scratch and lets you have a view of any campaigns from their beginning to their end with generating performance reports. Highly using the high management reports for the management and the whole company. Works really well with banking campaigns when targeting spesific customers.

Cons:

The product should work on their own, integration with other tools might be problem.

Filippo
Filippo
Principal Software Engineer in UK
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros:

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons:

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Omnisend Response

4 years ago

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows. For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message. Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected].

Greta
Founder in UK
Design, Self Employed

Great Email Marketing for Ecommerce

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The data and insights it provides on customers, orders, behaviours and experience.

Cons:

The limitations with the design templates.

Matt
COO in France
Consumer Electronics, 11–50 Employees

Many features

Comments: Overall I am satisfied!

Pros:

It helps us with people who sign up for our mobile app - they are added to our contact list and then receive a welcome email.

Cons:

The email content builder is glitchy. Fonts, colors, etc.

Masud
Customer Support Manager in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

The Ideal All In-One Marketing Software

Pros:

I like the SMS marketing features It comes with marketing automation and analytics features too. With Omnisend, we not only enjoy email marketing but also content marketing

Cons:

Omnisend has been an all round software that meets business needs.

Paride
Customer Service Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Why Omnisend is My Favorite

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

With Omnisend, we have an easy time handling email marketing campaigns. The tool has great marketing automation features

Cons:

With Omnisend, it has made email marketing successful and no issues.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great tool to start building your email strategy

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Omnisend is beautiful and fast. I've seen some very ugly interfaces and Omnisend was a pleasant surprise. I'm amazed at how fast it builds segments and exports. Other tools (more expensive) take a lot of time to complete this simple task.

Cons:

If you integrate a lot of tools to your ecommerce, you may find Omnisend doesn't have an integration or if they do, they don't pull all the information. Just the basics, not enough to build all your transactional comms.

Monalisa
Digital marketer in South Africa
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

I highly recommend Omnisend because its easy to set up, follow through and track. I have been using for markerting strategies, was new user friendly.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Has been amazing using omnisend, easier to use and there are video tutorials, also customer service great response, overall it's new user friendly

Pros:

Very much new user friendly and easy to follow through

Cons:

Has been a little slow maybe its my PC, will have to check it up

S. Andrew
CSM in France
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Quite expensive but good automation

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

User friendly interface Automation capabilities Segmentation top notch Multichannel marketing with SMS and notifications

Cons:

Quite expensive, a bit limited in integrations, customer support is so so, and limited customisation

Tina
Author in Romania
Publishing, Self Employed

Loved the features and the ease of use

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Average regarding pricing and email marketing functions. The SMS part makes it peculiar.

Pros:

Well, Omnisend was great to try when I had in mind the idea of also having a little store on my own website. It provides some very helpful features to interact with your customers. I have not used the SMS function, but it sounds promising - if the customers agree to receive SMSs from you, of course.

Cons:

The free plan is a bit stingy. They could be a bit more generous, but then I know that would probably increase the burden on the paid plans.

Andrea
Owner/Designer in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros:

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions. I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win. The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons:

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want. I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week. The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price. Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Jr
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great product for scaling brands

Comments: It has always been great my clients see results and we can report on metrics.

Pros:

It is a great product and a fantastic alternative to more expensive platorms.

Cons:

The editor tool can sometimes feel very constrained but it gets the job done.

Colin
Commercial Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Surprised at the difference certain features have made

Comments: I use the product every week and it has proved to be a valuable marketing tool which has helped generate revenue

Pros:

Until recently I had not tried the email list sign up options... within 1 month using the wheel of fortune automation my mailing list has grown by 30%

Cons:

I'd like access to master classes to help me build my ability to use the various features. Or have one to one support to help me build campaigns the way I have it in my mind.

Ashfaq
Director in UK
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Best small business email software

Pros:

Integration of SMS and emailAutomationsSMS

Cons:

Unable to sort campaigns by revenueHard to edit product grids

Trevor
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best Value Product - Converting Lots of Klaviyo Accounts to Omnisend

Comments: We wholeheartedly recommend all of our clients switch to Omnisend. There are just too many reasons NOT TO SWITCH! They're amazing.

Pros:

The most impactful feature right off the bat is the savings you will receive when compared to Klaviyo. Once you get over the massive amounts of $$$$ you will save each month, then you fall in love with the ease of how the platform works, how it explains everything in detail, how it walks you through email and sms flows, etc. It's brilliant in every way. Then, you will fall in love with the support they provide to all of their customers. Can't figure something out, or have a special workflow you can't figure out? They will help you!

Cons:

There is absolutely nothing that I would change about their service.

Taylor
Marketing Specialist in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Omnisend HELPED our online revenue

Comments: Our overall online revenue has really skyrocketed since using Omnisend. Before we were just relying on social media posts when it came to online marketing. With Omnisend we are now GURANTEED to hit the inbox of everyone who has purchased from us and wants updates. This is the exact audience who will purchase from us again all due to our Omnisend e-blasts!

Pros:

I find that Omnisend works really great for our small company! I love that we can track our sales from our campaigns and show that the cost of Omnisend is really paying for itself from the revenue we receive from our e-blasts! Overall it is a pretty simple interface and we choose to use it over other larger email marketing programs.

Cons:

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about coding. I find that when I use the "Featured Items" template on mobile devices it stacks the items rather than keeping them in a row as displayed on desktop. I would really like if this feature kept my elements in a row because otherwise it makes my email very lengthy.

Adebayo
Digital Marketing Specialist in Nigeria
Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy and efficient email tool

Comments: With Omnisend, I have been to solve my email marketing problems with ease and I have experienced growth in my business.

Pros:

I am really impressed with the easy of setting up campaigns and navigating through the tool. It's easy to use and it has fantastic designs. Since I started using the tool, my business growth has been consistent and productive.

Cons:

Not much actually but they can improve the tool by making selection of multiple options available.

Rob
COO in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use....easy for begginers....perfect for marketing

Comments: It has been a real help with us for email marketing

Pros:

I love how we can track the sales and click through rate with your software.

Cons:

Price could be better. Support is good would be nice to talk in person to someone that could save time that going back and forth with messages.

Nikola
Founder in Serbia

Definitely Recommend Omnisend

Comments: Overall - A++. I considered migrating to some other platforms like Drip, but the team at Omnisend is so helpful and responsive that I would never switch. I really feel that I have been growing with a small company that I am by now a part of.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and set up. What I would most recommend is the excellent customer service, that I cannot compliment enough. The team is very helpful and has been with me through all issues over the years.

Cons:

The reports could be done better. I would like it if they were customisable, and some features are lacking for no apparent reason. For example, when reporting on Campaigns, you can see the amount of sales generated through Omnisend Campaigns and the average order value, but not the amount of orders. Conversely, when looking at the same report for Workflows, you can see the amount of orders. The UI could also be done better, as I feel there is a lot of wasted space that makes things harder to read / see than they should be.

Dan
Head of E-Commerce in UK
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Excellent

Comments: Everything Klaviyo has to offer only with better support, don't overlook Omnisend!

Pros:

Great Shopify integration, easy to use template builder, pre-built automations and competitive pricing.

Cons:

The forms could do with some optimisation, lazy loading for images etc. 2 step forms would also be a bonus, but check out the Digioh integration which solves this problem.

Justin
Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

Comments: so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros:

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes - You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign - Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Richard
FOunder in New Zealand
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

My review

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Easy to set up, and learning curve is not too steep

Cons:

The cost is a bit high for learners - especially as your database grows and may not be utilizing it to its full value

Priyansh
Priyansh
Owner in India
Animation, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for Email Marketing and Abandoned Cart Recovery Automation!

Comments: We use Omnisend for abandoned cart recovery and for email marketing.

Pros:

After Jilt shut down, they recommended Omnisend for our marketing needs. - All data from Jilt was imported without any problems, the contacts and tags as well. - Unlimited contact list size for free unlike other services. Though the active contacts are limited to 250. - Free 500 emails per month is enough for a small business like ours, also offered us 500 free push notifications and SMS which is rare. - The email templates are easily editable, professional and sleek. - Email customer support is nice and fast to respond, even for the free plan. - All automations and workflows available in the free plan, no strings attached. - Auto generated unique Discount codes with Woocommerce integration for free in the basic plan. To summarize, I would say that any and every function is available right from the basic plan, no limitations. It was great to learn about them before paying without any caveats.

Cons:

There is not much to dislike, it is an overall amazing service. - Had trouble initially with integration with Woocommerce, had to contact customer service as the documentation was not up to date. - Interface is a bit complicated to navigate.

Svetlana
owner in Australia
Food & Beverages, Self Employed

Easy to use, saves time

Comments: quick and easy marketing and saves a lot of my time

Pros:

I like how Omnisend helps me to market my products and increase my sales. Email marketing, push notifications, scratch cards, reports, contact list updates...

Cons:

when you need to go back if you forgot something, no option to open the next step in new tab

Amir
Creative Director in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Best ESP hands down

Comments: overall i love the experience, customer service and pricing is perfect for what we need it for.

Pros:

the ease of use, mobile friendliness and the way it allows me to customize and modify each slice

Cons:

wish the website was a little more mobile friendly when having to edit/schedule an email send on the road