15 years helping Irish businesses

About Omnisend

100k+ Shopify, WooCommerce, and Wix ecommerce stores trust us for our easy newsletters, email marketing, SMS and lead capturing.

Learn more about Omnisend

Pros:

Easy migrating from Mailchimp. Easy to use interface, and great customer service.

Cons:

The moving target with monthly fees is a bit frustrating.

Omnisend ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Omnisend has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 718 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Omnisend before?

Bo
Bo
Customer Service Ambassador in UK
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Very nice for marketing solutions

Comments: We have been using Omnisend for both campaigns and workflows and customized everything with our needs. Customer service responds well when needed help and they are very knowledgeable and reacts very fast.

Pros:

Has pre-built e-commerce workflows and automation workflows with pre and post purchase follow-ups, and lots of other features that can create your sms or e-mail marketing campaings from scratch and lets you have a view of any campaigns from their beginning to their end with generating performance reports. Highly using the high management reports for the management and the whole company. Works really well with banking campaigns when targeting spesific customers.

Cons:

The product should work on their own, integration with other tools might be problem.

Amandine
Creator & CEO in France
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Amazing, beginner-friendly email marketing software with great customer support

Comments: Awesome! Great, friendly and quick customer support, easy to use pre-made automations and templates, free course to get started, useful contacts and segment lists. I wouldn't use any other software for my email marketing!

Pros:

I am a small business and I knew how important email marketing was. However, I struggled to understand how to implement it - how to create segments, how to send out relevant emails for my target audience, how to create automations, etc. It's has truly been so easy with Omnisend! First of all, they have a free course to get you started on their software and set up your first automations (welcome, abandoned cart). This course was very helpful. They have pre-made automations which was super useful for a beginner like me. I connected Omnisend to my website and with the right set up, I now have all my contacts put in segments that are relevant to their purchases and interests, which is great to send them THE email that will make them buy my products. Bonus points for their team, who is always super quick to respond to any questions you may have and is very friendly!

Cons:

The only thing that I don't really care for is email templates, but it's probably because I'm a Webdesigner and I'm used to creating my own. However, you can save pre-made layouts so that's the way I do it to gain some time when I create my emails. Their automatic branding tool could be better honestly, but it's not the main aspect of the software so I don't really care that much.

Matt
COO in France
Consumer Electronics, 11–50 Employees

Many features

Comments: Overall I am satisfied!

Pros:

It helps us with people who sign up for our mobile app - they are added to our contact list and then receive a welcome email.

Cons:

The email content builder is glitchy. Fonts, colors, etc.

Adam
Full Stack Developer in Israel
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Email Marketing Tool with CDP Features

Comments: Email marketing, lead capture and naturing.

Pros:

Omnisend unify customer data in one place which help make informed decisions.

Cons:

Omnisend is a perfect shot, it barely let me down.

Filippo
Filippo
Principal Software Engineer in UK
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros:

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons:

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Omnisend Response

4 years ago

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows. For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message. Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected].

Jo-Ann
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Best Email Marketing Tool for Shopify

Comments: Omnisend is second to none in terms of managing my email campaigns and automations. Once set up, everything just runs smoothly in the background so the majority of our marketing is on auto-pilot.

Pros:

I love Omnisend. Having used it for sveeral years now, it is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Setting up automations and forms and managing email campaigns in so incredibly easy.

Cons:

The email campaigns functionality can be a bit slow to respond. The automations are great once set up, but not very intuitive and difficult to manage and copy over to new automations.

Chetan
Chetan
Director in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!

Comments: It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros:

Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons:

It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Construction, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Awesome for communications

Comments: Omnisend has been a great and easy experience from beginning to end.

Pros:

This is a really easy platform to use for sending out mass emails. We used it for internal company communications and it was convenient to set up different audiences to send emails to depending on the subject. The emails are very customizable too.

Cons:

The only thing I would choose to improve is the "preview" feature. A lot of the times the preview didn't look exactly like the actual email on my browser (some of the word spacing would be off, pictures slightly different sizes, etc.). Not a big deal but a little annoying.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great e-commerce email marketing software

Comments: Omnisend has been great and has other features like messenger bot integration and integration with social media that we will be implementing in the future. 2 thumbs up.

Pros:

I LOVE Omnisend. My client had to switch from mailchimp to another software for her e-commerce business, something that would integrate with Shopify, and we found omnisend. The templates are beautiful and easily changeable and editable. The interface and backend design is clean and easy to use, and we can even see who bought items from specific emails so we know what works and what doesn't. Plus it's super affordable. Definitely recommend for a small online e-commerce business.

Cons:

I had a little issue changing the email and password but was able to resolve it through customer service.

Greta
Founder in UK
Design, Self Employed

Great Email Marketing for Ecommerce

Pros:

The data and insights it provides on customers, orders, behaviours and experience.

Cons:

The limitations with the design templates.

Andrea
Owner/Designer in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros:

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions. I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win. The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons:

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want. I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week. The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price. Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Ashfaq
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Best small business email software

Pros:

Integration of SMS and emailAutomationsSMS

Cons:

Unable to sort campaigns by revenueHard to edit product grids

Salma
Marketing Director in Morocco
Food Production, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very Useful for Various Needs on Run a Businesses

Comments: My experience with Omnisend has been positive, its recommend itby me even with minor issues.

Pros:

Omnisend offers a wide range of features including email campaigns, SMS marketing, push notifications, and more. It has nicely user friendly interface, its easy to use. Drag-and-drop editor, and segmentation and automation capabilities really benefit.

Cons:

Omnisends features can be buggy or slow to load. And its absoluetly lacks of great customer support.

Keith
Owner and CEO in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

A Great Ecommerce Marketing Companion

Comments: I wouldnt complain about anything, specific. I have never had to reach out to their customer support team, that I can remember.

Pros:

THis software is intiutive and helps me gather data and launch campaigns at or above industry bencmarks.. This tools helps me really understand the power of email marketing and the risidual effects of the opt ins. FOr me, I love using sementation and building media audiences and connecting them directly to FB and Google.

Cons:

The new email builder is tough to manage. It's clunky and you have to customize nearly everything before sending an email - and when you do an A | B test, it's just not efficient.

Nick
Marketing Specialists in US
Printing, 51–200 Employees

Screen Print Direct - Review

Comments: Again having email, sms and push notifications all in one platform is huge plus. That alone is why we have stuck with omnisend along with the amazing customer service and constant improvement of the platform

Pros:

Ease of use, saved templates, a/b content testing, audience segmenting and the ability to send email, sms and push notifications from one platform.

Cons:

The only complaint I have is landing pages. I wish there was an option to build a more robust landing pages where we can send customers to buy a single or few products.

Irina
CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

The best alternative to all the higher priced softwares

Comments: I swear to my queen Omnisend. 😝🤣 but really, I would recommend this to anyone in the e-commerce space. It’s even better than klaviyo and I thought klaviyo was ALL THAT.

Pros:

THE PRICE! Are you kidding me?! Compared to mailchimp this is pennies. I couldn’t belive I had been spending so much. Such a great team, reply quickly etc.

Cons:

The send limits in the beginning but it’s not the worst thing in the world and it actually does your account very good to ensure you don’t go to spam. It’s just annoying

Rob
COO in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use....easy for begginers....perfect for marketing

Comments: It has been a real help with us for email marketing

Pros:

I love how we can track the sales and click through rate with your software.

Cons:

Price could be better. Support is good would be nice to talk in person to someone that could save time that going back and forth with messages.

Iain
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

A good and inexpensive CRM with lots of easy to use features.

Comments: Omnisend has helped us grow our mailing list and has made it easy for me to make engaging and good looking email newsletters. Our open rate is around 45% which has been way better than expected. Also, some of the automation (which I need to work more on) has brought in significant extra revenue which we wouldn't have had otherwise.

Pros:

The updated email builder functionality is great and makes adding and saving templates much easier. The stats are clear and laid out well in graphs and charts to compare to previous months. Plus, compared to some other CRM providers the cost is reasonable, especially for the functionality provided.

Cons:

Some segmentation can be tricky. Also, we had an issue where one bounce from a newsletter we sent resulted in a lot of our emails subscribers being automatically unsubscribed, despite many of them having opened ALL of our previous emails. We had to add them back in manually and it was not possible to find out what had caused that bounce on just one of our newsletters.

Elliot
Ecommerce Manager in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Omnisend. Great solution for busy marketers.

Comments: Fantastic onboarding and migration team, they work with you to make sure everything is set up and you are completely happy. The ongoing support is also spot on.

Pros:

Lots of automation which is easy to configure out of the box, and easy integration with our eCommerce platform and other marketing apps. It works for us 24/7 and helps convert customers.

Cons:

The emails can be a little basic design-wise and it lacks a few features of its main competitors, but this is improving all of the time.

Tanya
Founder in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Big fan of Omnisend

Comments: We've been really happy with Omnisend for the last number of years and will continue to use the app in our marketing activities.

Pros:

Omnisend is a powerful tool that's easy to use, offers customizable features, and exceptional analytics.

Cons:

We had some issues when converting from old builder to new builder but it turned out to be a simple user error and customer service helped us right away.

Jonathan
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Why You Should Consider Omnisend

Comments: Omnisend lets us build our email marketing lists, automate email communications and easily design newsletters, it works very well with Shopify and while prices have increased recently it still represents good value

Pros:

Great list and email design management at a price that is more than competitive compared to some of the other big players in this area. The customer service is also very good

Cons:

WE have 3 ecommerce stores in different territories - when creating automations and emails it should be easier to copy existing flows and templates from one store account to another - it often feels like this was forgotten in the original build of the software. THe ability add short videos into emails would be good to

LaTresha
CEO in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Great App

Comments: So far it's been very positive, the customer service team rocks!

Pros:

Helps me easily reach my customers in each step of their purchasing journey.

Cons:

Integrating certain software, creating segments

Justin
Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

Comments: so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros:

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes - You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign - Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Apparel & Fashion, 11–50 Employees

Great E-mail marketing software

Pros:

Omnisend UX and UI are one of a kind. This platform makes sending emails so easy and satisfying that it's a no brainer to send out campaigns.

Cons:

Sadly, it's not natively set up to manage multi-lingual campaigns and automation. That being said, you can still create workarounds for that.

Cody
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

E-Commerce Business driving hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales using Omnisend

Pros:

The campaign builders integrations make building stoppable e-mails extremely optimized for conversion and the segmenting is really powerful.

Cons:

I think in a rare case, the new builder is better than the old. Most softwares and tools we get so attached to that the updated systems don't feel intuitive or easy to use. The new e-mail builder is actually great