15 years helping Irish businesses

About Epos Now

Simple, secure, and powerful. Take control of your business with our award-winning POS systems.

Learn more about Epos Now

Pros:

The thing I like most about the software is that I can access my data and sales information from anywhere. I can check/make changes at home from my mobile device, home desktop, or my laptop.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to get through to a technican and I do not always receive a response to tickets that I raise.

Epos Now ratings

3.3
3.0
3.2
3.0

5.2/10

Epos Now has an overall rating of 3.2 out 5 stars based on 394 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Epos Now before?

Damien Paul
Damien Paul
Restaurant Manager in UK

Helpful after sales

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: From sales to after sales the service have been meeting my expectations. Their live chat environment is really helpful

Pros:

I love the after sales offered by epos now they have 24 ×7 support which gives me confidence

Cons:

I didnt dislike anything related to eposnow

2 months ago

Hello Damien Paul Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Kalawna
Owner in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Epos is Getting there.

Comments: I'm critical about their POS but after transferring to a more suitable POS for my type of business I returned to Epos as they have far superior customer service and the system is easier to use.

Pros:

The Cost is superior, they have 24/7 support, once they have finished with their programming I'd have to say it will be fantastic.

Cons:

The scanner and the lack of apple compatibility.

2 months ago

Hello Kalawna, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Samantha
Director in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Appalling company and terrible equipment

Comments: Absolutely shocking. Worlds worst service!

Pros:

Nothing at all this company is shocking in every way

Cons:

Unfortunately I've been stung twice by this company. First time I purchased their software and they didnt support the set up properly, sent me faulty equipment, cut contact once they had my money and overcharged me for support services I never purchased. It took months and months to correct. The second time when I started up my own business I decided to use them reluctantly because it was easy to transfer menus etc across from the old business to the new business. To get the same monthly price I had to pay a year in advance and thats when it went downhill. I paid my money and then the sales advisor [sensitive content hidden] who promised to transfer my menus cut contact and left me with nothing. After weeks of trying to get him to respond and filing complaints the Customer Relations manager with not the correct tech experience attempted to transfer all my menus and lost them all. £200 staff wages menu developing just gone like that! Now the software team are suggesting that menus with sub categories cannot be transferred. What a ridiculous system to set up that cannot thrn be transferred and better still why did no one advise of this before I paid an employee £200 to set up the menus. Now no one is responding to me. Ive paid a years worth of licenses and now got zero service and no till system. Shocking company and the poor service is across the board. Theres plenty other EPOS companies to deal with avoid these money snatchers at all costs as when there are software faults the tech teams are under qualified and just try to wing it regularly making your problems even bigger! AVOID!!

2 months ago

Hello Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected]. Thanks again for your share, EposNow.

Usman
Head of Group Finance in UK
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Back Office Support

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been a good experience so far, lots to get used to and become familiar with, which will take some time.

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] was brilliant today, he understood the problems/issues I brought to him today and was quickly able to guide me and navigate my way around EPOS.

Cons:

There is an offline card somewhere within the system, which is taking payments but these payments are not filtering into our account.

Denise
Denise

Works for our store!

Comments: Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros:

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons:

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

No Trial Pay even if you cancel within a few days.

Comments: Bad, Bad tech support, Bad Customer service. Bad overall. Sales is Dishonest.

Pros:

So upset with them charging me to cancel, I cant think of any.

Cons:

No Free Trial. I signed up and canceled a week later and they said there will be a cancelation fee. They always have to get back to you in several days. You wait for emails. no one to talk to.

Abdullah Al
FOUNDER, CEO in US
Design, 11–50 Employees

They are Scamming People

1.0 last month New

Cons:

Nothing, they are useless. They are just scamming people. they Took money for terminal, payment processing. i told my requirements that I need invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal and pos machine. They said they all have it. After taking payment they said they cant verify my bank. Then I told to refund my money. After then I approved my account. Without sending and providing my requirements they are trying to charging me each month. When I talked to there support team they said they only provide invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal after one month processing. I asked why you guys told me you will provide me invoicing, payment link, Virtual Terminal. They said let me talk with him. No answer they didnt give me. Now whenever Im trying to reach them. They said I can only rise a ticket. Wait till then. Dont go with them

last month

Hello Abdullah Al, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected]. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Jay
Sports, Self Employed

Affordable and Functional

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Been a functional system for my Golf Simulator business with great processing fee rates and the customer service has been very good. My business is a seasonal business from November - March and they were able to suspend my monthly fees when I'm not in business (very accommodating to my business needs!).

Pros:

Payment processing fees were the best I came across when looking for a pos system.

Cons:

Being a European company, some of the lingo is different than the USA.

2 months ago

Hello Jay Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Timothy
Manager of Sales, Design, Projects in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

All Good Thanks

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of Use. Nothing wrong with equipment.

Cons:

Hold Times, Getting in touch with customer service, Delivery of transfer were never as promised.

2 months ago

Hello Timothy, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Harsh
Owner in Canada

Worst customer service

2.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The software in itself is good but does not have some basic functionality. To do that one needs to buy extra plug ins which is waste of money

Cons:

Customer service They are cheat ! Everytime there is an issue, they will want to sell you something new instead of fixing the issue. They promised integrated payment but it was not possible which I was told after the implementation. They simply lie or the support team has no idea on whats happening. The sales guy disappeared after all the fake commitments. Support is somewhere in third country and they have no idea on how to deal with issues in Canada. Software is good, it is sad that they have such a poor support. I requested for cancellation since more than a month ago but still no response. Another way to scam

Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

If in Australia and in hospitality - do not buy this system

Comments: Although the Australian Eposnow team try to help and are friendly, they are inexperienced and short staffed. It seems they are working business hours of 9-5pm on Queensland time, which does not suit Australian hospitality where the time zones are different for at least 6 months of the year; and businesses are open 6am until 9pm.

Pros:

Ease of implementation Inexpensive Reporting Apparent integration to existing banking systems

Cons:

The support is only in QLD business hours. The integration with banking systems is not with Australian banks only Tyro. This software is only for retail businesses, and would be good; is not for hospitality venues - receipts are restrictive and are not set out for hospitality and the kitchen dockets are complicated and difficult to read.

Anna
Company Director in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Amazing

Comments: Great customer support, very easy to use brilliant for accountancy and amazing software

Pros:

To be honest is pretty much nothing I consult with this software it is absolutely amazing I love the statistics on it the graphs all the financial information that you can gain and the simplicity of it all the amount of information you can extract about your business is Colossal.

Cons:

Only downfall was the free tanning app. Not in-depth enough to move with the speed of our company growth. Tanning App was extremely basic. I approached them on many occasions to try and develop it further but it was not possible. There was no tanning applications that were able to integrate with it either. So I had to look for alternative software. Such a shame I really didn’t want to move from Epos now.

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

The worst system and management

Comments: No one answers the phone , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

Cons:

Nothing Once you buy the system no one talk to you at all , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

2 months ago

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected]. Thanks again for your share, EposNow

Retail, 51–200 Employees

Hidden fees, broken promises

Comments: Horrible, difficult to use, customer services horrible, constant hidden charges on sales as well as use fees $$$$$

Pros:

They don't really stand out above anyone else, so nothing really

Cons:

Fees, hidden charges, difficult customer service

Kate
owner in US

Contact the BBB and your state Attorney General

Comments: It's a PAIN! Don't pay for this nightmare.

Pros:

Next to nothing! The people I spoke to at first were AWESOME! Then, once I paid, I got the WORST support.

Cons:

Horrible. Most of my scheduled calls were never met. They just didn't call for our set up appointments. They kept me on hold anywhere from 10-60 min. When things started to go south, they were harder to get in touch with. They are not holding up their end of the contract and want to charge me $500 to cancel my account. The 28 page Terms and Conditions are a MUST to read. They're convoluted and difficult to understand when there's a problem so be careful before you give them your credit card info. This is a paid for NIGHTMARE!!!

Miguel
Receiving Manager in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Not meant for middle to large businesses

Comments: I am the shipping and receiving manager for my company. A few of my daily tasks is to post and receive 200+ invoices weekly. Inventory management, market retail adjustments, sales reports, purchase orders, etc. It'd a very busy job. When we first got this EPOS NOW system we started having issues and they informed us the application at the time was unstable and so they switched us over to a web browser format. (First red flag).
Every day I get constant "timed out" errors because their servers have too many users. As I write this review, it's been almost 2 hours now that I can't post and receive any invoice. There's also the too many users are online so your task has been killed pop up. Which literally means "try again".
They are constantly trying to add new features, but don't address and resolve the instability of their service. There's also a huge problem with the feature "notes" which is where we add the invoice number of every invoice/po entered in to the system. I told them that 90% of these notes are erased from the system days after posting. They said that's not a priority of theirs. So, I told them it's definitely a priority for a market that processes hundreds of invoices weekly. Helps us search entries i.e duplicate invoices, etc. This system is good for smaller businesses (such as a bar/restaurant). But not for middle to large businesses.

Pros:

Easy to navigate menu. Seems pretty straight forward.

Cons:

The constant "hang". Unable to connect. They keep adding features to the system without fixing the instability of current features and service connection.

Edward

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

Comments: ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Nicole
Manager in US

Unhappy retailer

Comments: If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros:

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons:

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con - The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse. The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service. They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?

Dan
Vice President in US

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Pros:

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons:

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

6 years ago

Hello Mr Davis, I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly. I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you? Many Thanks, Naiomi

Piyush
Owner/ Director in Australia
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

By far the worst company I dealt with nomorals/ unethical selling

Comments: EPOS NOW is by no doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with Worse POS/ No support/ unethical selling/ hidden terms in contract/ hidden charges/ worst customer bombarding EPOS NOW unethically sold their P400 counter top terminal to me. I was rushed to make the payment for the proforma as the sales rep said the black.friday deal will be out if I don't sign up today. I never asked for Merchat services, it was included in the proforma and after I signed it I was forced to pay. I tried telling them.numerius time that u was with other Merchant service provider who are way cheaper than their 1.7%. However, as per the contract I had ended up paying 36 months charge for the terminal just to get rid of it. The I received another email saying that I have purchased a new terminal.whixb want the case. And they were forcing me.tk.use their teeminal.for taking the payment. Later they started charging me $49 +GST for payment premium saying that I have not met the terms and conditions of using the terminal. I explained them.multiple.time that I don't have their paymwnt terminal.but still till.date they are charging e payment premium. I 've been trying to.gwt my refund but I can't get hold.of their Global cases support!! And who ever pick up the phone after 40- 50 mins wait tells me that the issue is out scope and escalated. In short, these guys are unethical and definitely cheater. Please do not got for this company. Save yourself.

Pros:

I did not like anything in particular nothing special, same as any other POS service in terms of system.

Cons:

No support Dishonest people who do not careToo slow

Fong Ching
Director in Australia

My Terrible Experience with EPOS Now

Comments: In short, don’t let EPOS Now’s initial low cost fool you. Between their poor support, misleading billing, and substandard software, it's a trap. Reduce stress and stay away from EPOS Now.

Pros:

Nothing like most about Epos Now, everything not satisfied, terrible experience

Cons:

When looking for a cost-effective POS solution for my business, I was attracted by the attractive offer from EPOS Now. However, the next year was filled with frustrations and unexpected expenses.Attractive offers, low support: EPOS Now's low-cost advertising is eye-catching. They provided me with hardware, software, and even a "1-year premium support license." However, this support has been dismal. Slow responses and ineffective solutions became the norm.Billing Error: Their P400 system incorrectly billed me despite specifying the EFTPOS machine I selected (Tyro). To correct this, they hid the terms and made me wait two months before canceling. They keep charging me, but even though I paid, I am not able to login my account.Software issues: Their software was disappointing: slow, buggy, and inefficient, especially in a retail environment.

Martin
Café Manager
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Pros:

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till. I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent. I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem. We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ). she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked. I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running. Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner. Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also. Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning. she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation. She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Nicola
Manager in UK
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

Comments: I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros:

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read. There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do! Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful. There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see. The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of! I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons:

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently. Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Kevin
Owner - Locksmith in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Stay away

Pros:

Software layout for the terminal is not terrible. This may work okay for some small retail businesses that do not have high volume and are running everything inside of ePOS Now with no integrations.

Cons:

I normally don't go out of my way to write a review, but if I can spare one person from buying this, I feel it is worth the time. We were promised a lot of things for integration with Quickbooks Online. We soon found out that the integration was not as robust as they claimed. The monthly subscription to ePOS Now, itself, is not terribly expensive, but you soon learn that you need an add on connector program for everything. Then they want to add an additional $69/month for support. The next issue is getting out. Expect to pay a steep early termination fee. We tried hard to make this work and finally decided that we were better off to just pay the fees and bail. We are still fighting that battle and still getting monthly charges.

Graham
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Avoid

Comments: I've given up contacting customer support, you get nowhere with a serious issue. It is always referred to the developers.
My issue now is that stock re-order levels are not be alerted to me.

Pros:

As a retailer there is not a lot to like about this software.

Cons:

Clumsy, does not integrate with apps, especially shopify. Features are aimed at the hospitality industry, not suitable for retail. The database is clumsy, you can only search for products on the till if they are listed as for sale on the till. With over 2000 products in my inventory that makes the till slow. Integration with card payments is awful. You request a fix and it takes months, but the system is always being updated with cosmetic upgrades. Avoid like the plague