15 years helping Irish businesses

About HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM has everything you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers.

Learn more about HubSpot CRM

Pros:

Hubspot is also great for start-up companies or small businesses, as the pricing is more fair and other CRM tools can be overkill for a small company.

Cons:

Now I am stuck with some defined items that are inaccessible.

HubSpot CRM ratings

4.4
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.4/10

HubSpot CRM has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 4,102 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HubSpot CRM before?

Filter reviews (4,102)

Jonathan
Jonathan
Co-Founder, CEO in US

Best For Scaling Small Business RevOps

Comments: We are excited to keep trying new features on HubSpot that continue to augment our marketing and sales processes. Our team is gearing up this first quarter to implement there new AI integration into our business processes, excited for the year ahead!

Pros:

There are so many features that have been added on throughout the last few years, and we think AI is going to augment that. The most important process is moving leads down the pipeline for us with different automations, and assigning different team members self-qualified leads that can book calls through the HubSpot calendar. Apart from automations we are also very happy with how the Hubspot chat features connects to other social networks, critical for connecting leads to sales and customers to support.

Cons:

Lead capture feature isn't as flexible as other form competitors like TypeForm, it would be nice to have a component that didn't initially overwhelm visitors with the input fields.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Starter

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: More functions that integrated into our tech stack ecosystem available on Hubspot.

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Easy of use compared to having a consultant set up SalesForce for us.

Daniel
Co-Owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

A simple CRM solution that packs a big punch

5.0 last month New

Pros:

HubSpot seamlessly integrates with our website platform (Wordpress) to capture leads and automagically create a prospective customer flow. There are times when our Wordpress contact plugins become inoperable and our HubSpot integration acts as a safety net. Our business uses the free tier of service and even that provides us with a lot of power and essential components of our client relationship framework.

Cons:

The trickiest thing about HubSpot is figuring out exactly which options to implement because the feature set is so robust. That said, it's a snap to get things up and running with a basic setup and then scale up from there. For me, that meant utilizing it to capture new inbound leads, seeing what other options the software gave us, and then customizing a pipeline from there.

Rob
Key Account Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great for Marketing, not that great for sales

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use, they have a good mobile app.

Cons:

Reporting (for sales) is far more basic than other systems eg. Salesforce. Managing duplicates is a real pain and takes a lot of manual work. Setting up workflows is also a little difficult. The functionality around creating sales account plans and stakeholder maps is a nuisance. Not as many pre-built integrations as Salesforce and nowhere near as customisable. I'd say it's a good system for small teams or marketing teams.

Drew
Drew
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

HubSpot and Small Business Sales Growth

Comments: Overall, our experience was positive, and our sales team has no complaints. Again, we find our limiting factor is more on the growth of our service department. HubSpot, is a mobile friendly CRM that works great for a growing sales team. Additional marketing features can be added, but that is a separate cost, unless you have in house marketing talent.

Pros:

HubSpot is great at tracking relationships at the individual level. These can be tracked from prospect to conversion, and all related activity can be easily tracked and revisited. Dashboards can be setup to track meta data, but is limited in how it can be customized.

Cons:

All of our dislikes in HubSpot are related to the service side. The sales side of this CRM is sufficient or better to other CRM's, but is limited in customizable solutions. This will need to be discussed when considering your companies specific needs.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Sugar CRM was ineffective for us, and was a legacy system I inherited. This was an overall disappointment for our team, so the strategic decision was made to move to HubSpot to better enable our sales team.

Switched From: SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The marketing integration was a recommendation of the marketing company we partnered with for inbound leads. The lead generation did not pan out, but this was not fault of HubSpot.

Ryan
Senior Account Executive in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Hubspot CRM

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I see the capability and how it may work but it has been a difficult costly transition. I do not know if I would recommend it to companies with many (hundreds of thousands) of companies, contacts with multiple sales service incidents.

Pros:

It tracks leads and pipeline ok. The Sales Prospecting dashboard is nice

Cons:

The Ring Central Dialer does not even give the ability to transfer a call. Calles often cant get through. Typing in a name has to be 100% correct. There is no knowledge for nicknames, no suggestions. If someone last is mann or manne or man all should pull something up. The complications of placing an order getting a quote, etc. is cumbersome and we have lost many sales. Workflow is slow for someone needing to contact various people. Notes and activity flow between contacts, companies, and deals is difficult to grasp and view pertinent info quickly. Even

Hubspot is my go-to CRM

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Hubspot CRM is as basic as you want it to be, or as complicated as you need it to be. You can get started with really simple data collection and tasks and eventually build a multi-person workflow to keep your whole company on track.

Cons:

I like the pricing for the CRM but the pricing for the marketing tools is a little high

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: It's faster, easier, and cheaper. The mobile app is great. The browser extensions are great too.

SHAWN
Managing Director in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Getting started with HubSpot

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been a good experience. The few times I've had questions that were not answered in the FAQs, the support was able to get an answer in a reasonable amount of time.

Pros:

It was easy and straightforward to import my contacts from another system. The integration of my calendar with the appointment setting and note tracing is great.

Cons:

It does WAY more than I need it to and that can be confusing at times.

Osman
Marketing Support Manager in Honduras
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Have your business in one place

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Any company that wants to expand their business they need to decide for a flexible software that can adapt to a changing market, Hubspot offers those capabilities with their different tools and product.

Cons:

For first time users might need to read to get the hang of it.

Luiza
Owner in Romania
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Definitely a good CRM

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great experience at a even greater price. HubSpot CRM is exactly what I needed for my business.

Pros:

The setup and importing the contacts was a piece of cake, the UI is intuitive and easy to use, my team had no problems suing it for the first time. Has a lot of great features with a free version, incredible!

Cons:

Can't say I found any cons for HubSpot CRM.

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Hubspot CRM for K's

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I like that we are able to manage all our potential clients is one place. With one appe for all of us, we can all see where we left off. We can find the emails and phone number left by the customer and just move from there. Unlike using traditional email. With this we can see the trend and analytics where we get to see those who were converted. If any problem arises, the customer service is ready to help. With all the features of hubspot, it is by far the best CRM we got to use.

Pros:

I like how hubspot crm serves as a database for all our records in our business. We have all information from our customers from there. Wveryone gets the chance to see. No need to cc my boss like in a typical email. They can see it and sometimes just take over when I'm off. It is very user friendly and has very great features.

Cons:

I just dislike the fact that the system won't load without internet. There was one time that I was in an area without signal. I need to get the customer's phone number so I can just call them because rhere was no internet signal. But wasn't able to. But it's fine and understandable. Everything nowadays needs internet to fully function.

Josh
Manager in UK
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Great free tools, with great additions in Sales Starter

Comments: Using Sequences has saved a huge amount of time when it comes to following up leads. We can set an automated sequence of 5 personalised emails to send at different times if that customer doesn't get back in touch with us. This has increased our sales success and potential for sales, whilst saving time due to the automated process. The free knowledge transfer and recommendations from HubSpot are also really influential, especially for inbound marketing.

Pros:

Keeping track of the customers that we deal with is the best thing in Hubspot for us. Each customer has a contact card created where we can add all their details, but also customise our own fields like the product prospects we have (what we are trying to sell to them), then the products they have bought (hopefully). This helps us to better understand our clients and keep on top of current users and potentials. In the Sales Starter, being able to use sequences saves a huge amount of time with email follow ups and has lead to more sales as it can automate different messages going back out to the customers if they don't reply.

Cons:

The full integration with calendars and email is simple if you have a Gmail account, but is trickier if you have independant emails. We can get our emails synced up and use the Outlook integration well, but you can only get the Calendar integration to work if you create a full Gmail account.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The free tool offering of HubSpot gave a lot more features than others on the market. We then got comfortable with the tool and expanded to Sales Starter to benefit from Sequences.

Ian
Principal Account Executive & Head of Channel Sales in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Best CRM Hands Down

Comments: HubSpot CRM is the absolute best sales tool on the market....and it's not particularly close. I've, unfortunately, worked for companies that use other, clunky CRMs, making it so much harder to do my job. Whether it's reporting, pipeline management, or simply contacting a client or prospect, HubSpot gives you all the tools, and then some, to crush your sales goals.

Pros:

The ease of use is fantastic, making for a simple, hit-the-ground-running kind of user experience. I also really enjoy the use of reporting dashboards and report builder. This helps me evaluate deal activity on a detailed, property based level that helps improve our sales abilities.

Cons:

No cons really. In my 3.5 years of using HubSpot, I've yet to hit a speed bump or find something that impedes my ability to manage and sell.

Alternatives Considered: Neon CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: I switched companies, and the new companies I've worked for have gone to HubSpot. It's the best CRM out there.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSPot was chosen because it had all of the tools we needed, as well as a plethora of integrations that it allow it to connect to all other software and services we use. It's the best, plain and simple.

KEVIN M
Director of Marketing in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

HubSpot nails the basics of CRM

Comments: Email Marketing (5x growth in influenced customers in year 1)
Lead Management (built scalable process for lead management with complex sales channel)
Pipeline Management (increased pipeline process adoption)

Pros:

CRM software is generally cumbersome for sales reps. HubSpot software focused on UX and adoption over being able to be customized to handle every possible use case. Mobile app is also solid. Workflows are easy to use and powerful.

Cons:

-Reporting capabilities are very limited (easy to get data in, difficult to summarize well to drive process adherence) -Company to customer relationship hierarchy lacks ability to support more complex business models - and B2B companies.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: better UX, speed and mobile capabilities

Switched From: Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Price / Value. HubSpot better match our current needs and organizational maturity. Also the benefits of running Marketing Automation and CRM from single platform.

Jon (Marc)
Jon (Marc)
Founder & CEO, Google Adwords Expert & Google Ad Grants Specialist, Needing Help Managing Your Ads? in UK
Internet, 11–50 Employees

HubSpot CRM - Love It

Comments: Must-Try - A Complete No Brainer Just took the time to do a little research on the Free CRM on places Like YouTube and was pleasantly surprised at all that so many people were saying about it all So signed up on the free entry-level programme, that has all that I need, messed about with for a bit and took the time to see what is possible to implement and execute using it and fell in love with all that the the FREE CRM solution had to offer.

Pros:

> It is free and offers unlimited users WOW > The Training That Is Provided With The Free CRM Solution - Great Quality Of > The Number Of Things That CRM is Able to Offer within the Free Solution > The Best Free Quality CRM Software Solution Out There Hands Down

Cons:

I really can not say anything negative about this Free CRM at all. It has been for me a complete game-changer If they could do something a little better it could be to have a more user-friendly getting started area for the training videos

Alternatives Considered: Zoho One, Zoho CRM and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Managing Clients and Prospects is a lot more intuitive for me using HubSpot CRM, it just works. It is just a better overall solution all round for me and I can add unlimited additional staff completely free of charge

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: I choose to use HubSpot CRM as it is a better all-round working solution for me and what for what I need and it is for free.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Basic plan is best value

Comments: Overall, HubSpot is our go-to, all day every day. The most important aspect to us is that it allows us to keep all of our information and updates in one place easily organized and accessible across our organization.

Pros:

We've had both the premium and basic plans of HubSpot and for what we need/use, the basic level is more than sufficient. It's a fantastic value and gives lots of options with a very clean interface and usability.

Cons:

The single only premium feature we would utilize for our structure would be having multiple pipelines, however, for something this relatively small I couldn't justify the huge cost difference of upgrading just for that essentially.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Better features on HubSpot, better value for what you get

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Hands down we chose HubSpot over Salesforce because of the cost/value, really no other reason as I'm a huge Salesforce fan...just not a fan of the price tag for a small organization.

Taylor
Independent Managing Technician in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Everything you could need -unless you need mobility.

Comments: Overall, I'd have to say my experience has been quite amazing. Their desktop/website side is strong and speaks for itself, but they need to work on mobility (and I know I've trashed-talked their mobile app a bit, but it does track some things, like phone calls and emails and such, which maybe that's all you need to do.. it'll do a great job there), we're in 2020 now and ain't nobody wants to be carrying around these massive laptops anymore.

Pros:

There's tons & tons of features to love about Hubspot. The power of the platform, even the free version of it, is undeniable. Tracking customers, managing issues, following up with loose-ends.. it's all handled seemlessly here and it's so smooth you won't even notice the undoubtedly massive amount of effort that's been put into it. - Hands-down best feature? The issue Ticketing system.

Cons:

As i mentioned in the title of my review here, mobility. The biggest issue i've had with Hubspot is the fact that i can't really use it outside the office, unless i pull my desktop and set it up in the back seat of my car.. because that's how bad their mobile app is right now. That being said, they have a long-running feature-request board that gets tons of comments asking them when they'll update their app to bring more amazing features to mobile, but that hasn't had a reply from them in almost a year now. - The main feature their app needs? The mobile Ticketing system.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: I was using like the contacts and calendar in 365, and I think we can all agree they're just not made for tracking hundreds of customers.. once you pass a certain point, you need a legit CRM solution, and Hubspot is the first one i came across, and i loved it, untill it tried to take it with me in the field.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Probably the best free cRM on the market

Comments: absolutely perfect if goals are price point and only track contact info, and realize will want to manage actual deal flow through some task management tool.

Pros:

Hubspot is absolutely great as a CRM so long as you plan to use another tool for actual deal flow -- if your goal is to track names, contact info, notes, and docs, along with email traffic, Hubspot is perfect. Hubspot also has about the best import and export capability, and the auto-linking to external domain logos is wonderful -- really great job of minimizing contact updates.

Cons:

Like almost every other CRM, Hubspot *lacks* the capability to drag and drop tasks to plan your day or week -- so managing deals is next to impossible and salesforce too expensive. Pipedrive has some ability to do so, however, only across stages of the deal and not within the stage; if you don't mind shelling out a few dollars, Pipedrive also has better Trello and other integrations, e.g., looking up a contact in Trello to manage the deals.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: we needed to conserve dollars

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: tracks contact info and email traffic; if Hubspot made it possible to easily drag & drop tasks, would be home run at almost any price point

Renato
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Awesome CRM for Small Business

Comments: Overall good experience with lots of features that I use to keep track of different lists of contacts and touch points.

Pros:

Easy to import contacts and create lists based on type of contact or type of connection. I like using this feature for organizing my contacts. I also like that I can add other users so that I can see the chronological timeline of all contact points without having to interact with the employee. Able to send emails out to specific lists easily and quickly.

Cons:

Challenging to use at first and I had to google a lot to figure out how to use all the features. Issues with importing and not seeing all of the information but was about to troubleshoot on my own. Not super intuitive to start out.

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: More features in hubspot to connect with landing pages and emailing.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

HubSpot Review

Comments: Use it every day and it's so easy to use and keeps us on track with everything we do from Lead management and deal tracking.

Pros:

Ease of use, and UI is fantastic. The deal management and simple UI of this make it so easy to use and keep on top of.

Cons:

Calling from it can be hit and miss. Sometimes you just get an error and other times the numbers are blocked because of spam, so have to then turn to the mobile version and there are no issues. I know it's a network thing but still, not very productive to have to switch between desktop & mobile versions to make calls

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Recommended by a Peer group and the replacement of Marketing tools, CRM and Deal management all in one pain of glass made making the change easy.

Switched From: ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Rudolph
Rudolph
Managing Director in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

You will be spot on if you use HubSpot.

Comments: I used to hate CRM software. I would make my own CRM from Microsoft One Note. However once I started using this I liked it so much better than salesforce. I love the interface, how it keeps me on top of clients, the notifications. I like to set reminders months in advance and I never lose track of any customers. It helped me personally manage a campaign of hundreds of leads and few hundred more of existing clients.

Pros:

The email campaigns, customer management, sales campaigns and customization.

Cons:

The price you need to pay to put together an email sequencing campaign. Last I checked it was $400 a month to enable that feature. That's my only issue with the software. Other than that I love it.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: This was a much better platform. The value is also incredible. It staggering how many features you get for free. It's nuts. You can run a company's marketing, sales, and lead generation campaigns effectively for FREE.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: In my opinion this is THE BEST CRM you can use. Especially considering what you get for free. In this time of financial insecurity you need to use what you can get for free to keep your overhead low.

Fernando
Fernando
Head Of Customer Experience in Brazil
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best user experience for using a CRM that is ready to scale no matter your company size and business

Comments: I really like the overall experience with Hubspot and I recommend it because is the more complete and easy to use solution I ever used.

Pros:

The user experience is awesome and they have all needed features for a good CRM.Customer support is great.Together with other Hubspot modules and integrations it is a must tool to understand what is happening in your business and how to improve and accelerate growth.

Cons:

On the analytics and dashboard area could be more customizable and make deeper analysis and insights.Integration with AI could make it even better.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Hubspot is much more reliable and integrated with other modules you could centralize all your customer journey in just one tool.

Switched From: RD Station

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Hubspot was cheaper, more modern, better UX and easier to use

Ray
Founder in US

Hubspot is awesome: My review

Comments: My overall experience with HubSpot has been fantastic! In a time when it is difficult to get consistent, quality services, it is refreshing to do business with a company/service that delivers.

Pros:

I love the HubSpot platform. It's well designed, user-friendly and a very effective CRM tool. Pound-for-pound, dollar-for-dollar, HubSpot provides the most value of the business tools that I use.HubSpot is

Cons:

I really don't have any major cons for the HubSpot CRM service. The only note I would share with is that I have to re-log in at times but is a very minor inconvenience.

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: After doing some research, I determined that HubSpot was better equipped to meet my needs.

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: After doing some research, I determined that HubSpot was better equipped to meet my needs.

Aleesha
Operations Manager in Australia
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Great for Big Teams

Comments: Overall it is a great CRM with all features available but it is expensive.

Pros:

It allows for all possible lead captures and contact management you can think of.

Cons:

Visually every page looks the same so it can be confusing when learning the CRM to start with and take longer for team to get to know the navigation on the platform.

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: The old system was not sustainable for growth and contact management.

Switched From: Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Customisable to our services and loads of intergration.

Chloe
Chloe
Owner in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A must have for any business!

Comments: Overall, I would definitely recommend Hubspot to any business who wants to keep records of client data and communication.

Pros:

This software has made my life so much easier! With automatic email logging and the ability to make notes, log phone calls and other important documents, Hubspot keeps all of my important information in one place. Hubspot gives me the ability to store all my clients details, their company details and all my communication with them in one bit of software. This makes it easy to look back over whenever I need to and keep up to date with what's going on. Hubspot also has the ability to have multiple team members within one account. Although this isn't something I use currently, it is something I have used in the past. This feature is wonderful for all team members to see emails both incoming and outgoing from customers / clients and is a life saver for looking back over email / telephone communications say if a team member is off ill and their client needs looking after for a few days. Hubspot has also been updated to comply with GDPR standards. A key positive for Hubspot for me is the knowledge that my collected data will stay in Hubspot for as long as I keep the software. As I am looking to take on employees within the next year, these new team members will be able to learn about exiting customers / clients through the information stored in Hubspot.

Cons:

It can be a little pricy for individuals. Personally, I went back to the free plan after not feeling I got my moneys worth out of the more advanced plan. Hubspot doesn't always integrate with other software you may have, or sometimes it will integrate but not as well as you would like. I use Spark email for OS. Although Hubspot does still track my outgoing and incoming email, if I BCC clients into an email, this isn't tracked in Hubspot. This can be a little annoying but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Javier
Digital Consultant in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I hate HubSpot so much, it made me loose a lot of money!!!

Comments: The worst experience with a piece of software in my life. I have lost thousands because of HubSpot. Avoid with all your means!

Pros:

I really wanted to be fair and find something that I like about HubSpot but, to be honest, when I tried to do so, I was unable. It has so many bugs, its control panel UX is so bad, the learning curve is so big and it lacks so many features, that this is the first review I make in Capterra where I cannot find anything I like of a piece of software.

Cons:

Oh, god. I have TONS of things that not only I dislike, but HATE of HubSpot. 1) The learning curve is ridiculously big, as a result of a very badly designed UX and the constant bugs when using it. 2) You will need hours, days, weeks and sometimes months of hard work to design by yourself a decent landing page that will still lack many functionalities and look not so good. Their visual editor is really really bad, and coding in HubL is frustrating. And if you look for predesigned templates, most of them are terribly badly designed. It has issues every now and then, and you will lose contacts, automations will not work... a disaster. Their support chat works sometimes, sometimes not, just when they decide to make it available! Very careful with the Advanced Code Snippet box in your landing pages settings, don't place your tracking codes there: sometimes this doesn't work and you will lose retargeting opportunities. Also, email templates are terrible. Oh! And this one is the worst: if you tag your ads' URLs with UTM tags, HubSpot receives these tags but will not show you this info for all interactions, only for the interaction preceding the creation of the contact. TERRIBLE!!! I think this has to be the worst CRM ever in history!!!