15 years helping Irish businesses

About Pendo

Pendo provides unique customer engagement solutions for your customers. Guide users to the features that benefit them the most.

Learn more about Pendo

Pros:

If you're in a medium to enterprise size organization, it's required. I've relied on Pendo for mobile products, as well as web applications and it's a solid investment every time.

Cons:

Early on, we had some x-frames issues. That was the only problem we ever had.

Pendo ratings

4.1
4.5
4.3
4.3

8.7/10

Pendo has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 215 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Pendo before?

Joseph
Joseph
Lead Program Manager in Taiwan
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Great Tool For Analytics, Gathering User Feedback, and Customer Outreach

Comments: I love Pendo! It's fun to use and I always discover new insights into our users and product.

Pros:

Our organization uses Pendo for a variety of purposes. We use the powerful analytic tools to understand how our users are using our product. This helps our Product Managers make important roadmapping decisions, track feature adoption, and monitor user behavior. The design team gets a lot of benefit from the Funnel and Pathing features, it helps them to study user flows and make design adjustments on the fly. We use guides frequently to announce new features, market events and webinars, collect user feedback, and educate users on how to use our features. I really like the NPS functionality, this allows us to be constantly collecting user feedback that is sampled on a random basis. This has been extremely beneficial for us to track if we are improving our NPS and PMF score quarter by quarter.Nearly ever department in our organization gets some benefit from Pendo, whether its our Product, Customer Success, Marketing, or Sales teams.

Cons:

There is a huge learning curve with Pendo. It can take months to learn all the ins and outs, and it needs to be set up correctly or you will lose all the benefits of the tool. The hardest steps are injecting the Pendo snippet into your codebase, setting up data attributes correctly. tagging the pages/features. creating‹ segments. and excluding testing environments and test orgs. In the past we ran into some troubles with Pendo when we had several people using the tool at once who were not properly trained, this lead to a messy Pendo instance and incorrect/unreliable data. It is best to have one Pendo owner in your organization who is completely familiar with the tool and owns all aspects of Pendo from implementation to maintenance. Once it is set up properly. it is an incredibly powerful and beneficial tool for any organization.

Director of Product Management in UK
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product

Comments: Very good. The team were highly attentive and supportive. Has been a really enjoyable project getting this set up and running with benefits almost immediately.

Pros:

It is a significant investment, but so many benefits, it is worth it. The software is very easy to integrate with (for standard web apps) to start getting analytics immediately but you do need a role that focuses on this as their day job to drive the most value from it. The guides are easy to set up and flexible too with lots of templates to help get you started quickly. Having worked in product management for over 25 years the discovery of Pendo was a godsend! Wish had discovered it years before.

Cons:

Works well for standard web apps. If your app doesn't change URL for each page you visit then there may be issues tracking at volume. Not insurmountable but needs more time, thought.

Gina
COO in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Takes A lot of Effort & Time

Pros:

The product analytics are great and are very robust in the data they provide. Their tooltip and pop up functionality for user onboarding were very useful.

Cons:

It was so difficult to implement. We are an SPA and use Shadow Dom. This greatly limited how we could use Pendo and it required a lot of custom work from our Dev Team. When reaching out to support for help we would wait weeks to get an answer. We did pay for implementation but it was a smaller package so we only received an hour with a specialist to install our snippet. We were not able to get help with anything else during that implementation cycle.

Danielle
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Love having Pendo for analytics AND product feedback. Game changer

Pros:

I couldn't live without Pendo Feedback now that I've been using it. It makes collecting and organizing product feedback and feature requests so easy and I love how visible it is to the whole organization. I'm the only Product Manager at our company so having tools to help automate and organize product requests for all of our products is a life saver. I also really appreciate how easy it was to setup usage analytics and how little engineering effort it took. Since it has been setup, I haven't needed engineering for anything related Pendo and can do everything on my own.

Cons:

No complaints or major issues with their analytics or feedback products.

Vinay
User Experience Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Friendly digital adoption tool

Comments: As a business, we like to see if customers have completed a certain CTA or a process. Pendo does a great job in both these areas. The Funnels and Features tools help us to analyse if a suer has completed a task from beginning to end and if they have clicked on any CTA buttons on a landing page.

Pros:

Pendo provides deep insights into how our customers interact with our product i.e. the pages they visit, the features they interact with and the amount of time they spend on our app.

Cons:

The page URLs tagged by Pendo are case sensitive. So we end up having to tag variations of the URLs that have lowercase/uppercase characters in them

Josh
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Used at Multiple Companies / Highly Recommend

Pros:

Pendo is a great tool. It is easy to use and helps executives start tracking the right metrics (instead of guessing at what is important). It also scales your support organization with automated onboarding and educational opportunities for users.

Cons:

Sometimes the reports bug-out, but the support team is quick to respond. Additionally, there is no way to communicate with users OUTSIDE your application ecosystem (i.e. email). If a user isn't engaged with your software, you have to go into a different system in order to get re-engagement.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Powerful!

Comments: I wasn't initially involved in setting this up, so I was super hesitate when the team said the NPS tool was going to change. I couldn't be happier - this is a powerful tool!

Pros:

I use the NPS feature of Pendo daily. The rest of my team uses this tool for our onboarding. We recently moved from Delighted to Pendo and I couldn't be happier! Easy to see our NPS score change over a set period of time, as well as see users comments and score.

Cons:

So I only use the one feature while my team makes full use of the rest of the tool. There are really no negatives other than it's overwhelming at first as there are so many useful features. Take time to learn so you can get the most from Pendo.

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Pendo is a Lifesaver

Comments: The platform has been great. While we have experienced a few bumps in the road, theres always been workarounds and solutions that solve our problems.

Pros:

Pendo allows me to easily set up guides or walkthroughs in my product. The best part is that it leaves a lot of room to start small and grow.

Cons:

One of our selling points was that it required low development effort and could be managed by a non-developer. While yes, this is true, it can require someone with front-end experience to code a few walk through steps and someone with back-end experience to send additional data to pendo for use with segmentation and analytics.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Good tracking, but you get what you set up

Comments: Outputs depend greatly on the familiarity of those setting up the page/feature tags and segments. It can be cleaned up later, but it's not a trivial effort to set up, and little happens automatically.

Pros:

Tracking snippet is fast to install. For a SaaS solution, it starts logging events right away, regardless of whether a page or feature is tagged. This helps later, new tags retroactively apply based on logs.

Cons:

Setup was very tedious, each page and feature needed to be tagged individually. Some features like app filters or groups didn't work for all of our solutions, leading to redundant naming conventions.

Isabella
Isabella
Project Analyst in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A complete product you can trust.

Comments: Pendo is being used in our organization, for a convenient objective in understanding, more than everything to know how our clients use the product that we offer to the exhibition for sale, including how we can better design the software that we currently have to improve the experience of each of the users who navigate through our digital platform, in other words similar and clearer, it should be noted that this system addresses the need to understand how the operators that we obtain on the website interact through the schedules that we have in force and in previous functionality.

Pros:

Pendo provides a clean user interface to interact with, mentioning that this ensures that all data can be found quickly and efficiently, in order to reduce performance slowdown within this platform, which is quite essential for a understandable fluency, without excluding that it promotes accurate and up-to-date metrics on all the information we seek in general, for a more alternative benefit, highlighting that creating guides and surveys agrees to keep us closer to the clients that each organization acquires.

Cons:

The current panel is very easy to use, however, it has a limited customization capacity, which we cannot configure the boards to our scope, much less move functions where it is most relevant, instead of adding them, the which is a quite serious problem, which requires an update for a more flexible platform, especially in terms of adapting the tools to the most conducive environment, for better development.

Drew
Senior Technical Writer in US
Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

An incredibly valuable product with powerful applications

Comments: Overall, our experience with Pendo has been phenomenal. They've helped us increase product adoption through improved communication methods, manage and analyze NPS, and track user behavior with greater specificity than we could previously. It's a powerful, comprehensive tool. Some specific features in Pendo can be somewhat complicated to learn but once you get the hang of them it's not bad. Sometimes Support doesn't have the answers immediately but they always work diligently to resolve any issues quickly. While much of the tool is intuitive to non-engineers, having a basic handle on CSS and JS is beneficial, as is knowing how to interact with the API.

Pros:

In terms of providing user behavior/engagement data—Pendo is unparalleled. We get so many insights into how our clients use our Product which can be applied during discovery and engineering and factor into our release strategy. It allows us to communicate with our clients in-app in strategic and sophisticated ways and with results far beyond what we get through email. Its NPS tool is worth the cost of the application alone.

Cons:

While a lot of stuff works intuitively out of the box, there's a slight learning curve with a number of Pendo features. There are many steps to building a guide, and the location of specific features/guide settings within the UI isn't always straightforward (some things a user might think fall under "guide activation", for example, are not set in the "guide activation" section). Additionally, having a basic knowledge of CSS and JS is beneficial. If you don't have it, you may find you regularly have to engage with engineers at your company to tag features and pages correctly, especially if your app uses unique instances (or sites) per client. Ditto for testing guide activation off of features that don't employ the same CSS across all versions of your app. If you want to track clicks to a button or link in a guide you've created, this is not tracked automatically— there's kind of a backwards way you have to tag it as a feature. Some data that is tracked (time stamps of when a feature is interacted with) can only be surfaced via the API.

Stephanie
VP of Product Development in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Valuable Insights!

Comments: From a product perspective, we have gained so much insight into our customers and how they are using our products. We can identify at-risk customers easily and work to get them back on track. Additionally, we recently purchased and implemented the new Feedback module which is going to allow us to centralize all enhancement requests and finally have a data informed product roadmap. We derive a ton of value with this product and it is truly changing the way we do business.

Pros:

We love all the data we have gained about our users and have a much stronger understanding of what they do within our applications. In addition, Pendo has made communication with our customers really easy, especially in times of crisis. I also feel as though we are arming our ENTIRE organization with information they need to do their job. All functions within our organization derive value from this platform and that isn't easy to achieve! Updates are also released regularly which tells me this is an organization that is dedicated to their customers.

Cons:

I think with such an amazing platform, it can sometimes feel overwhelming to get up to speed on all the things we could be doing with the software.

Yasmin
Principal in US
Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent product, absolutely recommend it

Comments: Excellent product

Pros:

Track usage to know how clients are interacting with it. Ability to communicate with clients via messaging, guide center, walkthroughs Onboarding clients becomes easy with Pendo lightboxes Support team very helpful, always willing to spend time to explain how to improve usage Eliminates bothering internal developers Customized dashboards are great

Cons:

New Guides list/display - hate it with a passion; preferred the older version Guides list is clunky, would prefer option to have a folder-like structure to manage Would like to see more widgets but they are open to adding them to roadmap

Mohamed
Associate Payments in Jordan
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

This powerful analysis tool suitable for all types of businesses

Comments: With Pendo's powerful search and data collection options, operations are faster, improving our team's performance.

Pros:

With Pendo we have carefully followed how and to what extent our advertisements on social media can win customers' trust. The speed with which we can Pendo go from raw data to actionable insights is a crucial feature, and the quick search feature integrated with all platform options is excellent. Pendo will provide numerous opportunities to sort results based on product type, target groups, and customer behavior, displayed on customized dashboards and easy-to-understand reports. I enjoy that every minor change can be discussed with my colleagues, which helps us find answers and set accurate timelines for implementing required corrective actions.

Cons:

Mastering the platform takes a lot of effort. For example, sometimes you notice an error in the collected data or do not receive what you're looking for, perhaps because the user wasn't able to set it up properly, which throws data off.

Jennifer
Director, Product Experience and External Solutions in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Highly detailed usage information and excellent in-app guidance functionality

Comments: I have truly enjoyed working with Pendo, not just the Platform, but the company. Excellent, friendly, approachable communications. Quarterly forums to share what is going on. There are so many resources to use. We have actually tried to model some of our onboarding behaviors after Pendo's onboarding process, it was that good. I have always had great experiences with asking questions of the support staff. No complaints at all.

Pros:

Pendo tracks all user events, even if you don't have them tagged. Competitors do not do this. The user interface is very easy to use and customize to meet the needs of different types of users. Very easy, even for non-programming staff to use. The in-app guides are extremely helpful for user guidance and support, company announcements. The NPS poll practically runs itself for us.

Cons:

Occasional difficulty tagging look-up or drop-down fields, but the support staff is excellent at helping work those things out.

Ellie
CSM in UK
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

A Review From A Self-Made Superuser

Pros:

I love that I can accurately track NPS, feedback and ROI from my clients. I can interact with my customers without inundating their through Pendo Guides. I also love that I can create custom segments to target specific clients and isolate individual teams and users. Most of the time, I use this for reporting across individuals within an account or all of my accounts in one place. I can instantly get an accurate representation of how they are using the product and what "Good" usage looks like for a specific client. I also love the support and the interaction we get from our CSM, Mags!

Cons:

I wish it was a little easier to use although I appreciate there are a lot of complex stats which are difficult to simplify. Once I know how to use it and I've grasped it, it's super easy to use but I can spend a week or so going over parts of the platform and reading support articles before I'm able to use. For example, Data Explorer. I would really love it if the support articles had more videos taking you step by step!

Tim
Senior Product Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

A Must Have for Every Software Vendor

Pros:

Pendo really excel at their ability to flexibly tag pages and features to paint a accurate path throughout your application. It's ability to retrospectively do so is a killer feature. Also, the ability to quickly throw up highly customizable notifications/dialogs/information/tooltips has truly changed the way we engage with our users. But I could go on and on - segmentation, the resource center, NPS surveying functionality, Salesforce integration, an API, etc...

Cons:

The built in reporting is a great start and has a lot of features. But improvements could be made. We do find ourselves looking to get data out to do more with it.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great solution I recommend for marketing teams

Comments: The overall experience has been very positive in helping with enhancing the consumer web experience and helping to provide a lot of useful data around the effectiveness of digital guides and resources as well as general content and landing pages built on our web content management platform. It has met our teams needs and has made a positive impact on how we analyze and view results of programs that are launched and delivered through the website.

Pros:

I really like that Pendo has great out of the box API integrations that has been helpful for creating and publishing interactive digital guides and materials for our customers, which really enhances the digital content delivery experience and overall web experience.

Cons:

The process of implementing advanced web analytics tracking and advanced heat map reporting had been initially challenging and time consuming for our team to figure out all of the intricacies and steps involved to set up a deploy from the get go.

Corey
Director of Product Management in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Pending for tracking and surveys

Comments: Overall, it's been a solid product. We compared it to Adobe Web Analytics and found both to be useful, in different ways. The ability to create and execute surveys within a page is the best part of the software.

Pros:

We use this software mainly for page tracking and survey implementation. It's intuitive and easy to use.

Cons:

It's not as granular as I'd hoped it would be in its metrics. What it lacks in depth, it makes up for with style.

Heather
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Such a plus for Product Managers

Comments: We've used it for product analytics which has helped direct investment in the platform. We are beginning to use it more for driving adoption and deflecting cases by offering more contextual information to customers in places where Pendo has helped us determine they get stuck.

Pros:

I love that Pendo gives me the opportunity to do so many important tasks that I would otherwise need development resources to accomplish. It helps me make better product decisions and stronger product releases.

Cons:

I'd like to see segment management elevated. It's easy to lose track of segments across large teams and it's hard to test what particular users will see. This is important both when you have a lot of potential guides that a given user would see or when you have certain users who you want to make sure are NOT seeing certain guides. I always feel a little unsure what will happen. Additionally, I would like segment rules to be reusable because I sometimes set up the same segment rules over and over again.

Melanie
Product Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Data, Data -- Everywhere!!

Comments: Insights, Data, Client Outreach, Client Interaction!! You name it, it's probably improved since pendo! We've started implementing our direct NPS scores and we've been able to integrate it with our CRM.

Pros:

Implementation was simple, they were spot on for that! On the backend, it wasn't a crazy project, which for the results is outstanding. Once you learn the ropes it is easy to navigate, locate, search, and extract the metrics you need.

Cons:

There are some integration related issues that are a little more complicated to tell 'what went wrong' especially if you aren't code/integration savvy. I wish there was a way to implement team based dashboards, standard company based dashboard (or higher level overview), and then custom dashboards which you can save and name instantly. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have numerous dashboards for specific goals(NPS)/insights(Usage)

Shaun
Shaun
Manager, Success Engineering in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

It just works - Provides amazing insights

Comments: We understood our adoption issues and could apply data to our hypothesis on how to address them. Our customer success team now has strong visibility into their customers usage or lack thereof so we can get ahead of any issues. Our Pendo data is synced into Salesforce so our sales team can find references or up-sell opps easily. Our engineering team appreciates Pendo guides so they don't have to continually update modals and text as we roll-out new features or want to solicit feedback. Can't recommend the product and the team behind the product enough.

Pros:

Pendo is easy to set up and quickly get value from. Our entire company is now using Pendo for different things - whether it be understanding adoption at an account level or putting marketing event invitations to selected customers in the app, Pendo is our go-to tool.

Cons:

The dashboards and "groupings" leave a bit to be desired. There's so much data in the platform, I want it be as easy as possible to share with the team or put up on a TV . Everything is there, it just takes a bit of massaging and exporting to make it really shine.

Jasmine
Client Operations Analyst in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Customization is key when messaging in-app

Pros:

I like how customizable the in-app messaging is. It is very easy to make all messaging feel as if it is just another part of your application to your users. Guide reporting is super intuitive and I love the customizable dashboards per user, so each user can focus on what means most to them and their team. Set-up and installation was relatively easy and the instructions were easily to follow. Their support team is great and will always hop on a screenshare with you to solve any issues. Training and onboarding does take about a week and a half to go through, but it was very in-depth on each feature and how you could use it in your business specific use cases.

Cons:

Their newest guide designer is meant to be sleeker, however, it has a steep learning curve if you are switching directly from the legacy designer. We had only been on Pendo for a few weeks when they switch happened and there weren't as many guides and walkthroughs on how to manage the new guide designer. Funnels and paths can track a lot of data and are very useful, however, they take a VERY long time to load. If you make changes or tag new features to get better information then you are going to have to reload each time. I also wish there was more segmentation of user permissions. Basic users and still have a lot of access to create and customize things. I wish I could restrict or grant more granular access levels.

Oriana
UX Researcher in US
Computer & Network Security, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Pendo is easy to get started, with increasing complexity

Comments: Pendo has been invaluable in providing current and comparative information over time as to customer behavior in our products to give us a better understanding of what they are actually doing, how, and when, as well as a streamlined way of communicating through banners and tooltips.

Pros:

It's easy to get started and learn your way around Pendo to start getting a high level understanding of what is happening in your product. As one of the users who is not setting up most of the tagging, but using it to glean insights about customer behavior, I needed little to no training to be able to get started. When it comes to doing more complex actions, it can help to watch some of the training videos to get a better sense of how to navigate the more complex features. It provides a versatile information to be able to get all kinds of user behavior at the appropriate level of granularity, and makes it easy to see progress over time.

Cons:

Creating common best practices with your team, including templates, consistent nomenclature, etc. can be challenging and its easy to accidentally create redundancies or systems that are hard to understand without knowing about collaborators. We've worked to set up shared communications and systems in order to avoid this, but its something that new teams may struggle with intially.

Daniel
Senior Director, Product Management in US
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Pendo for Product Managers

Comments: Communicating with our customers on a personal and immediate basis.

Pros:

My organization uses the ability to create and target 'guides' on an at least weekly basis. We use this functionality to allow us to target communications to the right customers who need it at the right time. The analytics are also pretty great and we check in on how our customers are using our product on a daily basis.

Cons:

The Web & Mobile functionality is close, but not 100% consistent.