ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About ESET Endpoint Security

Endpoint security tool that eliminates various types of threats, including viruses, malware, ransomware, rootkits, worms and spyware.

Learn more about ESET Endpoint Security

Darina T.
manager
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/1/2021

"It is best to be safe"

Comments: The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Pros: To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

Cons: there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

• Reviewed on 31/1/2021
Craig F.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/1/2021

"Eset for centralized antimalware management"

Comments: It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

Pros: It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

Cons: The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

• Reviewed on 21/1/2021
Robert M.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/4/2021

"Very thorough virus protection"

Comments: Overall, ESET, once it's initial system scan is complete, runs perfectly like it isn't even there. While I rarely run into any warning from it, in 8 years I have also never had any issues with malware infecting a system that it is protecting.

Pros: ESET does a great job of managing each and every thing that enters your computer either through the internet or from a removeable media source. I have never experienced ESET missing a trojan or suspicious piece of information when installing new software or visiting websites.

Cons: The initial system scan that is triggered whenever your PC comes out of sleep or is restarted can be quite lengthy and is generally slowed down tremendously if you are impatient and try to open any programs while the scan is going.

• Reviewed on 29/4/2021
Behzod A.
Behzod A.
Graduate Part Time Instructor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2019

"ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security"

Comments: Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Pros: I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows: 1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products. 2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage. 3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users. 4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter. 5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention. 6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

Cons: I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

• Reviewed on 5/4/2019
Namila G.
Namila G.
hardware technician
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/9/2019

"secure your every thing form digital world"

Comments: I live with this over 2 years and I hope to buy another year the end of this license.

Pros: this is a great product. it helps me to secure my computer from the internet and downloads.i purchase ESET internet security.is has secure payment option.

Cons: daily update. bytheway there is a live secure option on this that helps me to prevent from the latest viruses.

• Reviewed on 19/9/2019
Service Desk Associate
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/1/2019

"Awesome antivirus software!"

Comments: Positive!

Pros: So many pros but I'll try to keep it concise. - First, of course, the security and malware detection is solid, thorough and stays up-to-date.

- The user interface is second to none, I've used lots of different antivirus both personally and professionally and none of them hold a candle to how well thought out the interface Eset has. It's very intuitive, not too overwhelming and easy to navigate.
- Installation was a piece of cake, I was able to purchase the software from the website and install with no problem at all. -It's not bloated with features I do not want and therefore does not negatively impact my systems performance. -Secured browser gives me additional security when I'm in my online bank account. -They offer a package that can include protection for your mobile devices as well! - Price is fair

Cons: I honestly cant think of any cons that I have experienced with this software. I've been using it for over 5 years and recommend it to everyone.

• Reviewed on 29/1/2019
Mike W.
Head Computer Geek, otherwise known as El Jefe
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2018

"My experience has been, in a word, flawless. ESET sets the gold standard for professional software."

Comments: Bulletproof security, ease of install, and knowing my customers can't do bad with it, they just have to let it do its' thing and it will keep them safe and protected, no matter what kind of knuckleheaded they pull online.

Pros: What I love is the unobtrusive nature. It sits quietly in the background, protecting you with bulletproof safety and reliability. It doesn't annoy, it doesn't brag, and it takes the guesswork and decision making out of the end users hands and just DOES ITS' JOB. Period. It's an easy install, it's easy renewal, and it's easy maintenance. I couldn't ask for more for me and for my customers.

Cons: I'd like a stronger reseller network on the back end. I've sold probably over 500 licenses of NOD32, Endpoint, and other ESET products within the last year. I keep bringing customer after customer after customer to you and basically get nothing for it. I love the software so I'll keep doing it, no word of a lie, but a little gratitude would be nice for all the work and promotion I do for ESET

Medical Intern
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"ESET endpoint security- better protection & better solution"

Comments: Highly recommended for those who are struggling with low-end PCs and its a solution for everyone with a decent deal price when compared to other expensive virus guards.

Pros: I’m using ESET on my personal laptop since 2015 and still I don’t have any threatens for my files. I can summarize what are the pro features I really enjoying in ESET in below list,
1. It is pretty simple and it doesn’t notify annoying things like other virus guards.
2. It doesn’t consume so much RAM consumption and still doing a pretty decent job for my low-performance CPU.
3. Anti-theft future from ESET is useful.
4. Doing a great job for Internet browsing and always aware of all kinds of threatens.
5. The virus database updates are frequent and we can customer service availability is 24/7.

Cons: Honestly I don’t have any negative thoughts of ESET because it’s doing a great job for me for over five years. I hope more security upgrades will out in future.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Taniya M.
Procurement Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2019

"General Use Review"

Comments: Great. I would recommend to other businesses. Helps you feel safe when visiting various websites.

Pros: The protection the software offers is great. Notifies you when updates are ready and runs tests manually for you.

Cons: There are times when you have to run checks on your system manually when its running slow or you think something is wrong and this takes a lot of time.

• Reviewed on 29/8/2019
Daryl J.
Daryl J.
Senior Systems Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/2/2019

"ESET End Point Security and File Security is the best AV we have used"

Comments: Stopping malicious emails / files / websites before they infect the machines and cause a problem.

Pros: We have deployed this software to over 2000 endpoints via the Enterprise Management console across Windows / Mac / Workstations / Servers and more. We have used many different AntiVirus software's over the years and find this to be the best. Stops more virus attachments and malicious emails than the alternatives.
Lightweight for performance once installed.
Version 6+ has 2 part install with an agent piece giving remote actions from the Admin console.
Admin console allows for great nested / hierarchical policy to allow granular refinement.

Cons: No complaints about the software at this time working great. I do with the initial install file was smaller for remote deployment but otherwise once installed it is the best.

• Reviewed on 19/2/2019
James H.
Engineering Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2018

"Non-intrusive, high performance Anti-Virus"

Comments: I've been using Eset Antivirus in one form or another for 10 years and I've never seen a reason to switch. Our business has 10 PC licenses plus a server license and mobile licenses. I also use Eset on all of my personal devices.

Pros: Eset is a high performing anti-virus suite that doesn't slow performance. It runs in the background and you barely know it's there unless there's a threat. It has a simple mode for most users, and very advanced settings for power users. If using for business, you can control the settings on all clients from a remote terminal, and the licenses are very cost effective.

Cons: As with all anti-virus software, settings are important! If you go into the advanced settings and tell Eset to alert you at every possible instance, you'll end up with more nag windows than you want. Apply settings that are a good fit and you'll be happy.

• Reviewed on 9/2/2018
Paul S.
IT
  • Reviewed on 5/2/2019

"Love this anti-virus"

Pros: Lightweight business anti-virus that won't slow you down and doesn't give you a hassle. Has a very high detection rate in real world use, and I do not think I have ever had a false positive.

Cons: The remote administrator product is a bit too complex for small business, I really wish they would have a "lite" version that just has the following features, a single template pushed to all clients, you could even re-use the "advanced configuration" screen. Notification of clients last check in time and when they were up to date. And the ability to be a caching server for the updates and to remote push the program updates. The myriad of tasks and policy configurations and the myriad of warning/notifications in the full remote administrator product just make it not very useful for 10 person or less companies.

• Reviewed on 5/2/2019
Andrei V.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2019

"best by far"

Pros: if you want to have antivirus protection, but don't want to hear your laptop coolers as it's taking off like an airplane, this is the product to go with :)

Cons: nothing much to say here, worked better than expected

• Reviewed on 22/11/2019
Amber L.
Babysitter
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/1/2020

"Very effective"

Pros: What I like most is how quick and effective the scan is. It does a very deep scan of your laptop or computer.

Cons: What I disliked about the ESET is how long the program takes to start up.

• Reviewed on 6/1/2020
Vaidas C.
IT administrator
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2017

"Fast, small, uses very little computer resources. Works seamlessly (does not slow down your computer"

Pros: I am computer technican. Sometimes I see and can touch antivirus software from other vendors: Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Bitdefender, AVG, Avast, etc. None of them can match ESET's speed, fast response, and completely invisible use of resources. Works well on very old computers with "Windows XP".
Also, the ESET Remote Administrator console is a must have for the network administrator. It is a user-friendly, clear, and intuitive product that allows you to manage ESET on all your company computers and phones.

Cons: Latest version of ESET Remote Administrator is like a spacecraft: large and unfocused. For a small company (up to 100 computers), such a clue is a waste of resources.

• Reviewed on 6/9/2017
Jamal J.
Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/2/2021

"A great enterprise protection"

Comments: Easy to use and lite on terminal resources. Does not conflict with other protection solutions on company terminals.

Pros: Since deployment, I didn't experience any major issues with the setup. It effectively protects against Malware and is deployed on all laptops within the organization. You can set control on who can update it, change the settings, level of protection and many other sets of controls. Would recommend others to use.

Cons: Not all users can update the protection engine easily. At times, if the software engine is out of date, a manual download of the file is required + local admin privilages to update. It was not possible to force-push it remotely to users.

• Reviewed on 20/2/2021
Maciej K.
Maciej K.
Product R&D Dirctor
Translation & Localisation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"One of the best cyber security suites out there"

Comments: Does its job effectively and without intruding everyday work.

Pros: It's lightweight. It works seamlessly and simply does its job the way it should: without much intrusion, but very effectively. It has great user interface and user communication. You don't feel overwhlemed by the way it works and integrates with the OS. Updates are very frequent and alerts go off only when it's really necessary. Does not take up lots of CPU/RAM resources.

Cons: Communication with users is too technical at times and does not tell you much about the nature of a given alert/popup. Probably written by developers instead of UX writers.

• Reviewed on 12/2/2021
Robbie F.
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2018

"Excellent product: lightweight, doesn't slow down systems."

Comments: I'm a Linux user, so I'm used to being "safer" in my day-to-day usage. When I do use Windows though, I want that same feeling of security, and ESET Endpoint Security provides that... Windows Defender does not.

Pros: Lightweight, doesn't slow down my computer, yet provides exceptional protection. I especially appreciate the proactive nature of the firewall and how it warns me when I've downloaded something that is potentially dangerous.

Cons: Would be nice if the firewall would provide a notice about Learning Mode (which is a GREAT feature) so they know about it if it blocks their software. This would avoid some users turning off their firewall when something important gets blocked.

Henry L.
Fulfillment Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Switched from Norton and Never Looked Back."

Pros: In our HVAC and Plumbing industry, we switched from a business Norton Antivirus product to ESET and couldn't be happier. It's been at least a couple years since that decision. The major pros include the system not feeling sluggish; the interface is easy to navigate and intuitive; and our computers have been virus and attack free.

Cons: I've seen some negative reviews floating around on the internet--as with any product--but in my experience. We haven't noticed anything big, or at least big enough to recall and write about. So mileage may vary, but I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Paul A.
Paul A.
Software Engineer III
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/4/2018

"I've been using ESET since day 1 and have had no reason to use another AV/firewall"

Comments: Peace of mind, security, and good for the wallet.

Pros: To me the most effective part of ESET is that you forget it's even installed, until you need it. Then when it pops up an alert to tell you there is a problem, the description of the problem is very clear. I use ESET on all the PCs and laptops in my home, I trust no other. Run ESET along with Malwarebytes Pro and you have a 100% secure system.

Cons: None right now. There was an issue a while back where a bug in the code kept turning off a background feature, and boot would put you at risk, but they cleared that up pretty quickly.

Kevin D.
Part Time IT Admin
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/4/2018

"The customer service is great when I have had some issues configuring in the past."

Comments: Ease of use and I feel good about the protection it provides our PCs and servers.

Pros: Version 6.6 is very easy and mostly fast install! The management console is also very easy to use and create "jobs" that can be run over and over to update software etc.

Cons: Sometimes the push installs just don't work, and it takes more time to trouble shoot than it should. We end up using the stand alone installer then. We did get a ransomware virus on one of our laptops running ESET about 2 years ago. I still haven't figured out how to get alerted via email when there are new versions of software.

• Reviewed on 18/4/2018
Eric W.
Eric W.
Systems Administrator
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/3/2018

"Good protection at a good price"

Comments: ESET gave us an added layer of protection and piece of mind.

Pros: Remote administration is a great offering to manage the endpoint security and heps give piece of mind and analytics on where you may have issues.

Cons: Remote administration can be complicated to manage and does not give me the confidence the settings configured actually got deployed. additional VMS such as shared local cache and vagent host are complex to implement. The solution overall uses signature based detection instead of heuristics or next gen detection practices.

• Reviewed on 13/3/2018
Emily G.
Med asst/ student
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Eset security review"

Comments: Our clinic loves this software and its always been reliable and trustworthy.

Pros: Eset is used in our walk in clinics, which contains highly sensitive information, and we have never had an issue once downloading ESET Endpoint security to ensure that patients information says confidential. We like that there are automatic updates with the system, and it will let us know if anything is not secure by a popup on the right side of the screen.

Cons: Typically, we let our IT department deal with the settings for the security programming. It would be nice if it was slightly more user friendly for people that are not tech-saavy.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Joseph L.
Joseph L.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Years of Great AV"

Comments: We have had to use a different AV for our VDI environment and have gone through a handful of solutions. ESET’s newest version (7 at the time of writing) introduces a VDI ready agent that we look forward to trying.

Pros: We've been using ESET for years and they are always staying update to date and evolving their product while still providing same Core AV that is both reliable and easy to manage.

Cons: We have had some problems migrating when they release major releases, but their support is pretty helpful and timely.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
John E.
Sole Proprietor
Performing Arts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/9/2019

"Efficient security program"

Comments: It's a security system you can install and forget about it, as it works automatically in the background and will only rise up when blocking a potential dangerous site.

Pros: ESET is reasonably priced, set up easily and used it for years with no issues. It identified some troublesome potential viruses when installed and quarantined them.

Cons: There was some minor trouble when renewing the license one year, but that was overcome. I can't remember exactly why I had a little trouble.

• Reviewed on 5/9/2019