15 years helping Irish businesses

About Crisp

Your all-in-one platform for multi-channel communication to improve your customers' relationship.

Learn more about Crisp

Pros:

It has free plan and you can check from which country you are getting visitors which is live.

Cons:

Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript.

Crisp ratings

4.6
4.4
4.4
4.5

8.4/10

Crisp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 106 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Crisp before?

CTO in France
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have a great experience with Crisp. The tool is awesome, the support team very reactive if you need anything. What more can we ask for?

Pros:

Crisp is easy to setup and get started with. The chat is great and the surrounding features like the chat bot and the various integrations make it even greater. The live translation can be very handy sometimes.

Cons:

The language detection of the live translation is not always perfect but you can change it manually so no big deal.

Director in Guernsey
E-Learning, Self Employed

Really great product

Comments: I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost. The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available. I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros:

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons:

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline. I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Martin
COO in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Fraud for the user

Comments: We started our service August of 2018. We wanted to integrate with our Shopify store. They promised us that the integration would be done within 1 month and that we should upgrade to the pro plan for that integration and the new version which they called V3 - VERY long story short - they continued lying to us for 1.3 years! They said the upgrade would come in Dec, then Jan, then March, then end of summer, then month by month week by week. when we asked to see the beta - they told us they would not be doing the shopify integration (THE ENTIRE REASON WE STUCK WITH THEM). This is fraud and we are currently taking them to court regarding this. I dont want to come off bitter - however I highly suggest going with another company that is more reputable. Then they gave me attitude , smiley faces when we were upset about the lying. But our attorney stated we have basis to take them to court because of this , apparently they have been doing this to many users. Class action suit - I dunno, I would think that they would care more about fraud... but I am sure in the end they will.

Pros:

The software was extremely glitchy - both on the phone as well as the desktop. The "magic browse" literally never works - although they use it as a very large upsel. The support was terrible and they defrauded us as will for an entire year.

Cons:

Notifications do not go away, you have to redownload all the time, extremely glitchy poor service and is not user friendly. If you are looking for a chat software - I highly suggest going with someone more stable such as intercom , Gorgias, or another one with excellent reviews.

5 years ago

Hey there, I can understand how frustrated you can be regarding the absence of your desired feature. It's not a reason to degrade our image. Our software works really properly and all the other reviews are here to prove it. The support has never defrauded you, we delayed the released of your feature that may come someday. We never forced you to stay with our product (that you've been using for more than a year). Sorry that you feel disappointed. Regards, Crisp team

Johnathan
CEO in France
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

A great in-app livechat tool for customer support and communication

5.0 last month New

Comments: A great tool, with great support, and a comprehensive API that allows us to do pretty much whatever we want (so long as we're willing to fiddle about with it technically)

Pros:

- Breadth of features - Collaborating with support ticket resolution with team members - Load performance (alternatives all slowed down our app load time, even although they were aysnc) - Rapid and reactive support - Comprehensive API for any custom integrations - Simple helpdesk article management - Cost

Cons:

- Some things are less intuitive to set up and edit, for example emails require custom HTML or markup, and helpdesk articles require markup - Email campaign reporting isn't as detailed as I'd like

Kunal
Owner in Australia
Legal Services, Self Employed

Crisp is really Crisp - every feature is enjoyable

Pros:

I appreciate the convenience of being able to connect and chat with customers at any time and from anywhere using Crisp. The mobile app enhances the experience by providing real-time notifications whenever someone messages me, allowing me to respond immediately. Overall, I am completely satisfied with Crisp.

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike about Crisp, so I will skip this one.

Tarang
CEO in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

5.0 last month New

Comments: Amazing, Lovely and satisfied. These are the words i would use to describe my experience

Pros:

Cant't say enough. We moved from Intercom since it was way too expensive and Crisp seems to have everything we needed at 1/10th of the cost. Their support is beyond amazing with resolution in minutes. I cannot expect that from Intercom. All in all pretty happy with the move

Cons:

The UI is a bit clunky. They could easily compete with Intercom if they make their UI modern. That's the only thing i see a difference moving from Intercom

Katherine
Katherine
Administrator in US
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App

Comments: Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

Pros:

They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

Cons:

The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

4 years ago

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

Vaughn
Chief Marketing Officer in Germany
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Powerful tool that offers real value

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Their price point and features. We were using another chat tool that was constantly being blocked by some janky javascript. Our chat volumes and engagement rates soared with Crisp.

Cons:

Can be tricky to configure certain functions. But their technical support has been prompt and attentive in helping us resolve these issues.

Ivana
Customer Success Manager in North Macedonia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Amazing tool and even better support team

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like the responsiveness of the support team, they are very nice and helpful. Like a tool, overall, it is very nice and convenient. It does the job perfectly.

Cons:

Nothing major just it can be with a bit better UI and design, more minimalist and clean.

Fernando
Product Owner in Brazil
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Review Lara

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use and honest price to have a good quality chatbot

Cons:

When there are questions, sometimes it lacks someone to personally help instead of chatbot and helpdesk. Maybe an idea would be to have a team ready to do meetings when customers needs

Brad
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Tried them all, Crisp is the winner by far! Here's why...

Comments: I've used live support applications for years and during that time, I've tested all the major platforms and some most people have never heard of. In general, I'm opposed to the idea of SAAS. I prefer to buy a script that runs on my own server. It's not just because of monthly fees, it's mainly because I like to have total control over the application and be able to hack the code to make it work exactly how I want. Since Crisp is a SAAS product, I was biased against it, but since it was free, I decided to try it anyway. Within a month, I ended up buying a monthly subscription to their Pro plan. There are so many reasons why Crisp is superior to every other solution I've tested. It runs on all my devices, which is hugely important to me. Also, due to its extensive API, I can effectively hack the code and make it do whatever I want. Another important feature is that Crisp is like Intercom in that it seamlessly transitions between live chat and email. So if a customer leaves your site, you can continue the conversation with him via email, without having to do anything different. When you send messages, they're automatically emailed to the customer and his replies show up in your Crisp conversation. Unified messaging is a huge deal and Crisp is planning to add more channels such as SMS, etc... There's a lot more I could say about various features, but overall, I just love the elegance of Crisp. Unlike conventional live support apps, which display your chats in separate windows that are closed when the session ends, Crisp makes no distinction between open and closed conversations. Everything is in one Window, like how the Apple iMessage UI works. When a customer sends you a message, his conversation moves to the top of the list. This allows you to move through the list quickly and efficiently, responding to each conversation without having to open/close windows or tabs. It's like text messaging. Conversations are fluid and ongoing and don't interrupt your workflow. It's hard to overstate how much more efficient this is. You really need to try it yourself to fully understand the benefit of this workflow.

Pros:

* Seamless transition between live chat and email * Beautiful UI design * Highly efficient workflow * Extensive API * Apps available on all platforms

Cons:

I wish the MacOS desktop app was a real native app, rather than a wrapper around the web UI.

8 years ago

We really hope to have a native OS X version as well :)

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Good live-chat solution for every website.

Comments: Crisp eases customer communication, increase responsiveness and helps with pro-active support when needed.

Pros:

Easy to set up, fast and convenient. The interface is good and there is a Free plan, convenient for any smaller projects. The project is alive and constantly developing. The settings for business hours and custom translations of the widget are nice.

Cons:

Message history of the free plan is 30 days, after that, you can't access any of the messages. It's better to limit the number of users instead of the message history. Sometimes the chat widget doesn't load or the mobile apps crash.

Pedro
Customer Success Manager in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great product overall!

Comments: Nothing more to say.

Pros:

- Multilanguage feature is very useful and accurate enough - You can enable a Help Centre for your platform through Crisp - The analytics offers some valuable insights

Cons:

- The integrations do not seem to work well. Recently set up an integration for PipeDrive, followed all the steps, but the team and I are unable to get data from Pipedrive through Crisp. In addition to it, all data in PipeDrive is now mixed up since we attempted to integrate.

3 years ago

Hey Pedro, thank you for the feedback :) We're actually working on a brand new Pipedrive Integration that will be much more powerful, hope you'll like it :)

ross
Creative Lead in Moldova
Design, 11–50 Employees

Company should not refuse refunds with zero terms or conditions online.

Comments: After the experience with the refund issue because we require a bot qualifying component to successful chat conversion for our business type, we received an invoice, messaged support for canceling the account as the only method was to click into micro copy in the design to change your package type (not clear) and they refused the refund. stating: As I mentioned before, we don't refund after the trial, every customer receives an email about the trial, we can't refund to every person who did not know how to cancel the trial. With no terms on their site regarding this https://crisp.chat/en/terms/ or anywhere, it is just a precaution to beware of a startup that has not yet learnt the value of retaining clients which clearly stated we would like to re evaluate drift once they release their bot, but until then we would not use.

Pros:

The tool is aesthetically easy to use, and their product offering for cost is very affordable in comparison to other providers within the industry.

Cons:

Lack of seamless integrations that limited more non dev/technical members of from setting up crisp.

Ed
CEO in Spain
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

amazing software and excellent value for money. Simply the best IM tool for support & conversion.

Comments: We have been using Crisp for one year now. We compared and tried most of the popular IM tools and decided to give a try to Crisp. We can say now that it works amazingly and we're wondering why it is not the most popular software. Probably a question of time until it becomes so.

Pros:

It is super easy to setup and there is a great free plan.

Cons:

nothing, it's above our expectations

8 years ago

Thanks a lot Ed! We are releasing a Crisp 2.0 in a few weeks. We will keep you updated! It is gonna rock! :D

Matt
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Intercom Alternative...But not the easiest to use

Comments: Overall, the onboarding was simple, the pricing was great and the feature set is unmatched at this price point.

Pros:

I love that they have jam packed it with all the features you'd pay much more money from at Intercom. It's what got me interested in the first place. Also, there in-chat games are hilarious and super fun.

Cons:

I did not enjoy the interface at all. It was hard for me to use. Also, the pricing plans were unclear (even though they are very affordable)

4 years ago

Hey Matt! Thank you for your review. It's unhabitual to give a review after a trial (which is 14 days only). I'll send you an email to better understand what went wrong. Regards, Antoine

benjamin
CEO in France
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Your service is great but as I told you, triggers are missing.

Comments: I use Crisp everyday to get feedback on QuelMetier. Their customer support is available 24/7 and was willing to implement most of the features I needed. I recommend Crisp if you need a reliable solution to talk with your clients.

Pros:

Great product and very easy to implement.

Cons:

Please can you implement triggers. It is not easy for non-programmers to use your Javascript SDK. I hope you will build a plugin for this in the future.

8 years ago

Thank you Benjamin :) Crisp Team is making an automated message system. Leave a message to [email protected] to get the preview :)

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Most bang for your buck - Replaced 3 other tools for us

Pros:

Crisp replaced 3 other tools for us. Intercom, Freshdesk, and Upscope. For an easy low price, Crisp gave us the segmentation and automation tools from Intercom, as well as the customer chat from Intercom, the help center from Freshdesk, and the ability to view a users screen from Upscope... All in a single solution for a tiny fraction of the cost. And it seems like it's a quality product. Also, the Bot for chat is 100% customizable. I prefer it much over Intercom's bot and Drift's bot. This is the best option out there, especially for the money.

Cons:

Nothing so far. When we were shopping a year or so ago, it seemed like the product was still in its infancy. But now, it feels fully baked.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review!

Davis
Davis
Co-Founder in US

Crisp is amazing

Comments: I highly recommend Crisp.

Pros:

Crisp is a fantastic tool for chatting with site visitors, but it also has so many more advanced capabilities if you need them.

Cons:

Nothing, Crisp is great and the customer support team is very helpful.

Don
Don
Co-Founder in US
Wireless, 2–10 Employees

Tells you when someone is on your website and where they are

Pros:

The only function I use Crisp for is to get notifications when someone is visiting my website. This helps me prepare for communications ahead of time. There are a ton of plugins that allow you to integrate other tools with Crisp.

Cons:

Great for live chat but other apps provide a more robust communication toolset for the entire sales cycle.

Essential Customer Service Tool for Startups

Pros:

This tool is well designed both aesthetically and functionally. It is also cheaper due to its pricing model than many of its competitors. Highly recommend

Cons:

It is relatively newer but is constantly improving with more integration and features.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review!

Akhilesh
Akhilesh
Proprietor in India

One of the best chat bots out there

Pros:

1) The free version has so many features and is almost complete in itself. 2) Wild cards feature allows you to remove the chatbot from any page . 3) The pricing plans are well structured and the features included are total value for money .

Jack
CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing

Comments: With Crisp, my company has the ability to sell our products to customers and communicate at a personal level.

Pros:

-Ease Of Use -Pretty chat box design -Extremely powerful campaign and marketing features -Triggers are very easy to use, but effective

Cons:

I love crisp, but the ads to "Upgrade to Unlimited" are very annoying. I am subscribed to the Pro plan and when I accidentally click a feature that is only available to unlimited, the ads popup. I feel that these features should be hidden when you are not subscribed to them.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

Crisp helped to integrate several business chats into one and improved our webchat service

Comments: Integration of several other chats and apps that we were already using throughout the business day

Pros:

I liked Crisp's ease of integration between several other apps and programs that we were already using to improve our chat across offices and states during the business day.

Cons:

I haven't had a lot of negative experiences with this software. Customer service is reasonable and helpful and Crisp works well for us.

6 years ago

Thank you for your feedback!

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great communication tool for small business

Comments: Great overall experience, highly recommend

Pros:

Crisp gives you a 14 day free trial with full capabilities and then the option to continue on a free tier. It is perfect for small business with ambitions to grow over time. Simple to setup, simple to use. Great product.

Cons:

Language setting a little difficult to setup when website has multiple languages.