15 years helping Irish businesses

About Whova

Cloud-based software with event app, event registration, event marketing, and event management for in-person/virtual/hybrid events.

Learn more about Whova

Pros:

An integrated innovative managerial approach in making the event more lively. As well paves the way for the interconnection of participants and panel members in an exemplary way.

Cons:

When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button.

Whova ratings

4.7

9.3/10

Whova has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 2,039 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Whova before?

Filter reviews (2,039)

Owner and Consultant in US
Military, Self Employed

Whova is great!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: This was actually the first time using it at a conference. I really enjoyed it, and made note-taking super easy, since I was able to take pictures and then add them to my OneNote immediately with the notes I typed. The ease of the information of the agenda, the speakers, and the attendees were really helpful to connect with them after the app.

Pros:

Whova allowed me to easily see the agenda, and the speakers with their bios and Linkedin capabilities made it really easy to network. I was allowed to chat with them in the app, and thus meet them at break or after the days end. Conferences are just about networking, as the information presented.

Cons:

Connect to a computer app or online software, so that information is easily integrated between the app and the computer. If this is already a capability, then it was not well informed. I use OneNote for all my notes across all my domains, and it's helpful to copy, cut, and/or paste as needed from one to the other. Also, I didn't see an option for a separate networking event (where participants can create an event or event link) in case there are get-togethers at the end of the day after the completion of the agenda. I think this would be good to post something (like a FB) that would draw others interested in networking with that group or organziation. This would be something the conference organizers may not have planned, but nonetheless beneficial to all involved.

roberta
Administrative Assistant in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Whova Intel

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: my overall experience with the Whova app would be that I really enjoyed using this app. It was a fun way to interact with the attendees. I did enjoy using it, but I felt like I was on my phone 24/7 trying to get points to be ahead of people, that I just stopped trying to be in the "TOP 10"

Pros:

the thing I liked most about Whova was that it allowed us to interact with everyone who attended the conference. it made you step out of your comfort zone and join in on events without actually having to join in, which some people have a hard time interacting with people they do not know.

Cons:

since I am new to the Whova app I can't say that there was anything that I liked least about it. It was a learning experience. but if I had to choose something, it would be that it took away from the learning experience from the event. People were more focused on earning points through the classes and it could also be a distraction.

Jason Paul
Jason Paul
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Beware of Use

Comments: We will not be using this app again and I recommend that others don't use it either. The sales folks are very much about the upgrades and will nickel and dime you for every small add on. The help desk folks try to be helpful, but are up against the tremendous limitations of the system. This is overall a product that is engineered to make money rather than support the success of the users. We knew this going in and were happy to pay for some add ons, but others were not communicated at all at any point during the process much less in any help or FAQ documents.

Pros:

While there are some pros, the cons by far overshadow anything good about this app. I was excited to use Whova as I used it as an attendee for other events. However, from the admin side, things are not as pleasant.

Cons:

There are many features that cannot be turned off. There are emails that go out to attendees without notice. Definitions vary from the proposal stage to the implementation stage: a speaker is also considered an attendee, although they may not attend and just need to be listed on the paper presentation. The most frequent response from their Help Desk begins with "Unfortunately..."

Catie
President in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Solution (especially for the price)!

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Whova. In spite of some of the challenges, it is still one of the strongest tools available for the cost, and is very user-friendly. Their customer service is very helpful, and the product does continue to improve.

Pros:

Whova has a wealth of features for a very low cost. It is a great solution for a clean, user-friendly registration system and app, that is still friendly to budgets. The app specifially is very easy to set up and use and has great engagement tools!

Cons:

The back end system has a few quirks that take time to learn, and can be a little frustrating if you don't recognize them in advance. The menu system and where tools are located for admins can be a little confusing, though once you learn it, they are easy to use. Our biggest challenge is managing attendee records after they have registered; it would be nice if admins had more options for changing and updating their info, or using "admin-only" fields. Similarly, the difference in "attendees" vs. "registrants" can cause confusion.

Mariapia
Accountant in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With Whova - Very Helpful and Manageable

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Online registration is easy and it makes managing hybrid and virtual events seamless. It is very effective.

Cons:

Never experienced complexities while using Whova

Francoise
Director of Research Development in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Info at your Fingertips

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I think Whova offers lots of great options for people who want to expand their use but also is good for people who use the basic functions. Enjoyed having the agenda on my phone.

Pros:

Whova provides all the conference information on your phone - no more lugging around paper agendas and folders!

Cons:

It has a lot of features which can be confusing for the basic user.

LAUREN
OPERATIONS MANAGER in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

CONVENTION APP REVIEW

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was great. I loved being able to pull up the agenda easily and it was a great way to engage with people.

Pros:

The leaderboard. I got very competitive with it. It is a good tool for people to engage with one another.

Cons:

The community tab is a bit messy. It was visually too busy for me.

Zandra
Detective in US
Law Enforcement, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zandra's Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: All I can say is I loved my experience with the app it allowed me to navigate successfully through the conference.

Pros:

I loved everything and the fact that we can still use after the event.

Cons:

The only thing I did not like was this survey. It is entirely to long.

Tyler
Business Performance Advisor in US
Human Resources, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The app you need for Trade Show Success

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have used it in many different functions and capacities, and it always impresses. The ease of use allows anyone to use it, the nature of the app allows for more connection and information. The ability to make something that usually is dreadful or time consuming is now a piece of cake and worth looking at.

Pros:

-Ease of use - Access to attendees - Scheduling tool - Mapping and directing

Cons:

- Wish there was a searchable function to see who attended what, or total attendees per session.

Nancy
Managing Principal in US
Security & Investigations, Self Employed

Great product

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I enjoyed using the tool to access the schedule and other information in one place.

Pros:

The product was easy to use and I liked that everything was all in one app.

Cons:

I didn't have any issues with the product.

Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

A must have tool for event organisers

Comments: The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros:

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons:

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Director of Marketing in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

HORRIBLE experience for an event creator

Comments: Hated it.

Pros:

Lots of features are available. But the cons far outweigh the features.

Cons:

Sponsor logo size is way too small to be viewed as a benefit to anyone considering a paid sponsorship. Registrants who want to pay by PO/check have to be entered into the platform manually as “order.” BUT, when done that way they show up as FREE tickets, completely destroying the integrity of the reporting system. Also, when I manually entered a team of 16 people from one organization, I had to enter all the company info 16 times. The method for adding people is beyond cumbersome. We have people who are speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. Rather than just having a PEOPLE category, where those roles are selected, the person has to be entered three times in three categories. And they can’t access their collective profile — they have to update in three categories… Are you kidding me?? (when setting up an exhibitor, can check “sponsor” but it does nothing, as they still have to be entered as such manually.) Updating speaker at session level doesn’t allow for the addition of their email address, which has to be done at the speaker level later. When creating a new speaker, there is a button to add a session, but when you click it, it says to save the speaker first. When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button? Our account manager wasn’t identified WELL into the event building process , nor did they actively participate in the creating of our event. MANY attendees and speakers/exhibitors report not receiving emails send from the platform

Stacie
Marketing DIrector in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Addition to any Event

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend the app to anyone facilitating a large event with multiple panels and speaking engagements. It made the event feel more personal. Its a great way to keep people hyped about the event and also create a buzz around all the events and meet-up opportunities.

Pros:

As an event attendee, the Whova app played a pivotal role in my attendance. The app allowed me to prepare well in advance, get familiar with each speaking engagement, and connect with other attendees. All of which, really encouraged my involvement with the week-long events. One great opportunity was the virtual meet-ups that I was able to create. Also, the leaderboard was a great idea. This kept attendees coming back to the app every day if not multiple times a day.

Cons:

Really, the downside was more technical issues. App refresh issues, continuity between app and full website, and things of that nature. Not being able to click on a user's name or photo within chats to get to their full profile. Things that would make it easier to navigate. One major issue was when I set up my virtual meet-up I was not able to find info on how to facilitate. I need to plan things out, so I wasn't sure how the meeting would go. And, quite honestly between the time I made the meet-up to the night before, I forgot that the Whova app would be able to host the virtual meetup so I decided to host it on Zoom.

Evan
Assistant Blog Editor in US
Fishery, 1,001–5,000 Employees

New Employee Made Veteran Connections Thanks to Whova

Comments: I'm a brand new employee with Orvis who ended up having to attend my first annual gathering solo, meaning Whova was a HUGE help for me. I made connections, found out what certain people looked like, and kept myself on schedule all thanks to Whova. Have never used anything like this before, and really glad I got over my initial skepticism and gave it a try. Was thoroughly impressed, and so were other attendees that I talked to about it.

Pros:

This was my first-ever corporate conference, so I was a bit nervous about not knowing anyone or anything about it. The Whova app allowed me to connect to attendees beforehand, arranging rides and auxiliary meetings to maximize my time. I also enjoyed the Agenda feature, which clearly outlined the events of each day, and also allowed me to reach out to ask questions of the organizers prior to arriving.

Cons:

Honestly, no major cons come to mind about this software. I did notice that many of the attendees chose photos of themselves that did not clearly show their faces in the thumbnail. It might be worthwhile to add instructions to the upload screen that encourage people to choose clear photos of their faces and zoom in so that we can recognize them during the event. Another feature that I wish existed (but that I can imagine was omitted due to security concerns) is a map tracking feature that would show the current location of a specific person. I spent two days trying to track down a couple of people that I never did find, would've been nice to know which conference room they were in at any given time.

Ashwaq
Digital Director in Saudi Arabia
Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

Best for our Annual Meetups and Events

Pros:

The ease of use, invites, managing agenda as admin and the user experience, ease of access and interactions as a user.

Cons:

The interface only as it can be further enhanced to be more attractive and catchy.

Andrew
Customer Support REP in US
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

A Powerful Events Management Solution

Pros:

I like the registration features It makes management of events easy I like the ease of handling virtual events

Cons:

No bad experiences while using Whova. It meets needs.

Katherine
Katherine
Research Analyst in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Why I pass on Whova despite the great functionality

Comments: My main issue with Whova has nothing to do with the functionality, and everything to do with the customer service. As part of a conference planning team, we used Whova, and without any prior notification, they published our app and sent an email to all of course conference attendees to join. (Thankfully, we were as our final stages of testing, so it was fine.) However, in addition to the lack of communication, when we brought this up, we asked to disable all future email communication (as our conference team had our own communication schedule) and provide a list of communication so that, at the very least, we would know what is moving forward, They apologized, offered to disable functions, and yes, two hours later, Whova's team had sent another email, spamming our participants to create their profiles. If you are looking for conference platforms, do NOT use this one. I'd suggest using Guidebook or other avenues. The hassle of going back and forth, only to be blindsided again, by the very same problem, is frustrating, unprofessional, and poor customer service,

Pros:

The functionality of uploading the event was easy to use, and from the user side, the app was easy to navigate to move between the schedule, information about specific programs, and more details about speakers.

Cons:

The app came with built-in conversation starters that, as conference organizers, we had to delete. Other than that, the software was good.

Steven
IT Manager in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Nashville

Comments: Really found it useful and thankfule Converge used it.

Pros:

The ability to lookup an agenda calendar, to see who the presenter was, and also to see the write-up summary.

Cons:

I would like to be able to sign into th Whova website after a conference and download the PDFs/Powerpoints straight to my Windows 10 laptop. Currently, I have to download them to my phone's storage and then upload them to my Google drive.

Lynden
XR Lab & Studio Manager in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Whoa! Whova

Comments: I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros:

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Cons:

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Comments: Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Pros:

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Cons:

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

Richard
scientist in US
Textiles, 1,001–5,000 Employees

I like the App

Pros:

I can create my own agenda after viewing the conference agenda; Attendee list and profile are helpful that I can send them a private message. Facility floor map is helpful.

Cons:

Conference organizers did not make announcement about the App and how should use the App.

Heather
Hydrologist in US
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Whova usage during large multi-agency hybrid scientific conference

Pros:

Easy to use to navigate a large conference. Liked the ability to favorite a session/topic/item which bookmark items and helped find them again when needed at a later time.

Cons:

Difficult to see all the sessions that were offered at the same time.

Shelly
Director of Events in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Good event app for the price

Comments: Overall, our experience was good. For the price we paid, it worked for mostly what we needed. We got frustrated that every time we needed to add something (more documents, sponsors, session self-checkin, certificates) it was an additional cost which adds up quickly.

Pros:

Whova is pretty intuitive to set up and use.

Cons:

The Gamifications are not very customizable nor can you add your own games in. The lead scanning functionality is not the best as you cannot customize the questions fields and it was hard to tell who scanned leads per device. Everything is very a la cart. If you want to add more features, everything is an additional cost so the base price is just a starting point.

Detlev
Principal in US
Architecture & Planning, 51–200 Employees

End User for Housing California Conference

Comments: I'm glad there is an app for the conference. I personally prefer the app to a paper program. I think that the app format and user interface should use some improvements

Pros:

That it provided a helpful guide to the conference and the workshops

Cons:

I think the formatting could use some re-design. Workshop description type is small. Some of the features like meetups are too confusing to easily follow and use

Kris
CPS investigator in US
Government Relations, 201–500 Employees

Human Trafficking seminar

Comments: It was very helpful for the conference and easy to use

Pros:

It gave accurate agenda as well as options to communicate with other attending the conference

Cons:

uploading pictures section was my least favorite.