15 years helping Irish businesses

About AnyDesk

AnyDesk is a trailblazing and innovative provider of Remote Desktop Software and offers a fast, easy, and secure Remote Support.

Learn more about AnyDesk

Pros:

The software uses barely any space and runs super smooth in any device. The user interface is clean and simple which is suitable even for beginners.

Cons:

Whenever you have a weak internet connection it takes longer and it lags a bit.

AnyDesk ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.9/10

AnyDesk has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,708 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AnyDesk before?

Filter reviews (1,708)

Ahmed
Ahmed
lawyer in Egypt
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

User review for more than 5 years

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good experience. There are no negative comments I can leave

Pros:

Ease of use and ease of downloading. The size of the program is very light. Very easy to use. Very simple. There are no complications

Cons:

I don't understand why sometimes the connection is slow and the screen display is slow even though the internet speed is above good. This problem I encountered more than once and I did not understand its cause.

Fabruzio
Technician in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

AnyDesk, AnyTime

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Anydesk allows me to give assistance or simply doing maintenance task to remote computer comfortably from my office desk, so I save time and money.
Anydesk runs smoothly and never hangs, little hardware requirements. Just be sure to have a stable and fast enough data line.

Pros:

I use Anydesk for work every day, and it helps me to remote connect and diagnose/troubleshoot/fix a lot of software problems. The program is small and quick to launch. Every AnyDesk user has a numbered ID. When you want to connect to someone just write the peer ID and wait for connection to be established (your peer has to authorize the connection). Next you will see remote screen and you will be able to interact using your mouse and keyboard. You can also transfer files. Free sessions last for 60 minutes. I highly recommend Anydesk. It's a light program, easy to use for everyone. Thumbs up!

Cons:

The remote address field is quite hidden

Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good Software, Horrific Customer Support, Greedy Cancellation Policy!!!!!!

Comments: Since they do not have a direct line to their billing department, I called their sales department and was told to make a ticket. Eventually (now months after my initial email) I got a response telling me that because I didn't let them know 3 MONTHS prior to the renewal date that I wanted to cancel that I had to pay the bill and couldn't cancel until the following year!
I asked them to be flexible since I had waited forever for them to actually respond to me (never were my [email protected] emails ever directly responded to). A week or two later I would get a response back basically saying nope - I owe them money. They new I wasn't using the software for the months of trying to get them to answer and clarification. Instead of showing some sense of flexibility with their lack of response (which if I heard back from them in time would have given me time to cancel my other software and pay them and use their software).
As a customer, they want me to be fine with them taking an unreasonably long time to respond to billing questions, yet as a company they are incredibly rigid and not willing to show any flexibility with customers - especially as we try and come out of a pandemic!
While it is in their terms and conditions, requiring 3 months notice to cancel a renewal prior to the renewal date to me is incredibly unreasonable. Who is thinking 3 months before you have a renewal if you will renew or not? To me this is a policy to purposefully trap customers.

Pros:

The software, for the most part works well and was easy for clients to be able to use. The branding was a nice feature.

Cons:

Once in awhile certain functions like copy and paste wouldn't work - this was more of a rare occurrence though. Biggest "con" has been in dealing with the company. I used a paid version of the software for a year. I enjoyed it, but when it came time for my renewal I figured I would see what else was out there - always with the plan to come back to AnyDesk if I didn't like alternatives. That is where AnyDesk's true colors came out. First, there is no autopay (or at least none that was set up). So when they sent me an invoice at renewal time I had figured, my account would auto cancel if I didn't pay for it (this was my misunderstanding and I own up to that part). I stopped using the software as I started using another and had a 40 Day window that I could get a refund on that. I then received a billing email from AnyDesk with the line to contact their billing department at [email protected] if I had any questions. I sent them an email explaining that I was trying a different software and to please cancel my account. I heard nothing back. a few weeks go by and I get another billing email, so I sent them another message. Nothing. Another email comes, so at this point I am a little ticked, so I send another message stating I have asked them twice to cancel my account and to please stop harassing me. Then I get a letter in the mail saying they were going to put me into collections if I didn't pay. (continued below)

Sara
Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Anydesk, anytime, anywhere

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I use Anydesk at work but also during my free time when I need to remote connect to another computer to give assistance.
Never hangs and requires very little resources, plus it's very easy yo use for everyone and makes my work easier and faster as i can fix many problems without the need to be "on site".

Pros:

Among the remote connection softwares Anydesk is the lightest, really easy to use for your peers, they just launch the executable, tell you the number ID and allow remote access. The interface is simple and easy to understand, with latest connections below and your ID in the top. To connect to a remote machine just fill the white upper blank field and wait for connection. Be sure to have a good quality line on both sides. Once connected you will interact as you were physically in front of the computer, with your keyboard and mouse. Of course you can also transfer files. The free connections last for 60 minutes. A really good program, you should have it on your pc.

Cons:

The field where you have to write the ID number of your peer is a bit hidden

Marian
IT Tehnician in Germany
Industrial Automation, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AnyDesk anywhere

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: A great remote control app, easy to use on both sides. The remote user doesn't have to install any software.

Pros:

One of the best feature of AnyDesk is that you can use it without any installation. Using it is very easy and low resources consumption makes it the perfect remote control app.

Cons:

No cons for this great software, everything works great.

Dan
ICT Support Technician in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

A straightforward and remarkable Remote Desktop Software.

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I like how AnyDesk ensure fast files transfer.Again,it offers remote support to our clients.It is simple and fast to access and control remote devices with AnyDesk.

Cons:

I'm yet to encounter anything that is challenging with AnyDesk as it suits best my needs.

Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

AnyDesk: Empowering Seamless Remote Collaboration

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience with AnyDesk has been excellent. Its speed and intuitive interface made remote access effortless, fostering seamless collaboration across devices. Despite minor drawbacks like limitations in the free version and occasional audio/video quality issues, AnyDesk remains my top choice for remote desktop software.

Pros:

Blazing-fast performance ensures smooth remote access even in high-resolution displays or low bandwidth environments. Intuitive interface simplifies setup and navigation, making it accessible for users of all levels. Cross-platform compatibility facilitates seamless collaboration across diverse devices, enhancing productivity.

Cons:

Free version limitations may hinder access to advanced features like file transfer and session recording. Audio and video quality during sessions may suffer occasional lag or compression artifacts. Dependency on stable internet connection could pose challenges in areas with unreliable connectivity.

Federica
Responsabile vendita in Italy
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for remote support and desktop

Pros:

teamviewer is a complete software for remote support and remote desktop. You can connect to any desktop via computer, cell phone or tablet. It's very simple to use and works quite well.

Cons:

It is not possible to successfully control a desktop computer from a mobile phone under some conditions.

Shayan
Shayan
intern in France
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A program to solve problems

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: You can easily connect to other systems remotely and operate freely

Pros:

It is a very compact program. It is very easy to work with it. Even in the free version you have many accesses.

Cons:

Because the codes of each system are fixed, it may be a little weak in terms of security

Estie
Estie
Grants Coordinator in Israel
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Great program. Easy to use. I very much recommend it.

Comments: Overall I'm happy with AnyDesk. If the price would be lower, it would be a perfect product.

Pros:

The program is easy to use. It's offered in multiple languages. The connection is smooth and there's an option to share both screens

Cons:

The cost of the license is quite pricey.

Grant
Head of Sales in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

AnyDesk is extremely powerful, extremely affordable, and SUPER easy to use

Comments: AnyDesk has allowed us to remote on to clients computers extremely quick, and people who aren't tech savvy can easily set it up. The connection is clean, fast, and crystal clear. I've never had any problems with the connection. It's also FREE!

Pros:

It downloads extremely quick, making it easy to remote on to computers quickly. The connection is clean and solid. Voice, video, file share, mouse control and typing are all available to be customized.

Cons:

Requesting elevation (administrator access, essentially) is sometimes a pain if the other party doesn't know what they are doing, but the use of it is understandable. Sometimes the code to type in is a little odd.

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Anydesk - You are in control

Comments: Daily I use Anydesk for remote work because I am in Home Office. I also support clients with the software and even computers from the company where I work. I can access computers from anywhere at any time due to being multiplatform, operating via Windows, Linux and mobile. Anydesk is indispensable in my day-to-day.

Pros:

Anydesk is very easy to use software, allowing remote control of several computers at the same time. Very light and safe, facilitating support for customers, being possible to use the desktop and mobile version. Among the various features of the software, the following stand out: - Possibility of simultaneous access to several computers; - Secure access via authentication password; - Multiplatforms, being possible to run on Windows or Linux and mobile computers. - Minimum necessary accessible requirements; - Screen capture to identify problems; - File transference; The program perfectly complies with its proposal to be a fast and secure application.

Cons:

The only flawed point I notice is that the software allows remote control of the computer simultaneously by more than one application. In my opinion, this is not very safe, as it would allow for badly designed hacker control. For this possibility, there should be two-factor authentication to increase security, such as sending SMS or email. This is the only downside of the software.

Juan Manuel
Juan Manuel
Web Developer in Argentina
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Alternative to teamviewer that is up to the task

Comments: My experience in general with this software was quite good, except for a few small cases, it worked correctly and I let myself use it without time limitations as happens with the competition. The ability to reproduce sounds is very important in order to perform sound-related test validations. The interface felt complex but if we leave it configured for the end user, he will only have to open the program and let the rest do it for us. I recommend it

Pros:

It works quite well, it has the great option of being able to reproduce the sound of the machine to which we are connecting, an option that is not very seen in other similar software. It has a simple tool to connect since it does not require a password, only an ID and that the user on the other side accepts it, or not, depending on how the software is configured because it allows remote access without authorization with different variations. It is available in all operating systems.

Cons:

Although the interface is complete, it is not that clear and tends to make the end user dizzy with so many options. It would be interesting if menus can be reduced or see a "lite" version so that the user does not get dizzy. We suffered some lag problems in the connection that we did not suffer with other software, but in brief occasions.

Andrea
Andrea
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

AnyDesk is excellent for collaboration and remote assistance

Comments: With AnyDesk I can collaborate with work colleagues, in a stable and organized way, it allows us to do a recording session, in this way a video can be shared with other employees, this helps to save time, it is a very safe software since it has a password and Two-factor authentication, it is possible to use it on almost all platforms, the iOS version is easy to use and practical to monitor other devices remotely.

Pros:

I have used remote connection software since many years ago, and over time, some improve and others get worse, AnyDesk has been one of the ones that have improved the most over time. Its interface and tools are the things that stand out the most from the competition. What I like the most is the organized way its Dashboard is, since it shows the devices to which we have remote access, we can add the name we want to have a better order, I like that its connection is stable and fluid, it has Two-factor authentication, that's extra security that many of their competitors don't have.

Cons:

One detail that I don’t like is when the full screen is used to control other devices, the brightness of the screen gets brighter; even when we have the brightness to the minimum on our PC, it is somewhat annoying when you are in a place with low light.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Faster & most easier remote desktop sharing application for managers

Comments: Overall, Any Desk is light weight, easy to use screen sharing tool that makes things eay for clients as well as client managers. Its free version allows to connect one desktop at a time but premium versions have lots of features that helped me save time on resolving my client issues I will suggest startups to use it first instead of paid tools in market if you want to communicate faster and seamlessly.

Pros:

I loved their one click screen sharing without have to open all day to reconnect. Also they have taken proper security measures so that one have their privacy in their control. I can even organize my recent desktop connections so that I can reconnect any of them easily without regenerating code every time. It works seamlessly even if my network bandwidth fluctuates in between any screen sharing session.

Cons:

I would love to continue with any desk if they have improvised on accessing low resolution displays for HD display screen. And its is really near to impossible to handle android screens on laptop screen sharing.

Patrice
SysAdmin in Canada
Farming, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Software for Remote support

Comments: Great, service was nice and answered question even before we bought the software in less then 24 hours

Pros:

Remote control is fast and easy, really easy to set-up, you can set your company logo and branding, everything is pretty easy, and everything can be configured from the admin page. All the feature you really need from a remote acces software, plus some cool feature, not seen in most software

Cons:

the auto-update feature does not work on a custom client, but if you have a deployment solution is pretty easy to deploy the new version

Nipuna
Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Sri Lanka

Best FREE solution for Remote Desktop Connection

Comments: Overall experience of using AnyDesk is really good to me and its the best "FREE" alternative for remote desktop connection software. Data consumption also very low and its very user friendly software.

Pros:

Anydesk is a user friendly remote desktop connection software and it outruns major "paid" remote desktop connection software in many ways. User can connect with a remote desktop in hassle free way . It also gives file transfer between two desktops and not only that it gives many features like Privacy mode, Clipboard and many useful features. Lastly data consumption is very low comparing other remote connection apps.

Cons:

When we come into cons Anydesk and good internet connection is a must factor. If you having a bad internet connection it causes lag on remote computer and you are not able to work properly. But you can drop image quality and continue on your work.

Muhammad
YouTuber, Freelancer in Pakistan
Internet, Self Employed

AnyDesk, Best Remote Access Tool Ever

Comments: Well, Everybody knows that the AnyDesk is almost good at all but I would like to share my experience too.
I'm using the AnyDesk on the Business level as well as on Personal Level. I use to connect with family and friends computers and at the business level, I use to deal with my clients through AnyDesk. Honestly, I never got into trouble, The thing that you will like most In the AnyDesk is, Keeps working on a low internet connection.
You can also use this software to control multiple systems but definitely, you will need a good internet connection and AnyDesk will keep working smoothly.
Now if you are thinking of Remote control software, then definitely the AnyDesk is going to meets all your requirement. You can access your team computer at once or you may connect with your home computer without any hesitation. AnyDesk will not host any of your files and your whole session will be secured and visible only to you.
I will highly recommend you to start using the AnyDesk instead of using third-party cheap and local software.

Pros:

Applying restrictions to anyone during the whole meeting is one of my favorite ones. I use this feature on a daily basis to restrict screen sharing for a joined partners. As I have created meetings to lecture my clients, so I would like to share my screen only. That's why I always use to restrict all other participants from sharing their screens. Another feature I liked most in the AnyDesk is File Sharing without any hosting. This is a good thing that the AnyDesk software is not going to host our shared files on its server or on any server. Many peoples or using AnyDesk just for secure file sharing without getting hosted, Because some files contain personal data and need to be secure. In fact, this is also a reason that why I'm still using AnyDesk. Moreover, the Feature of the controlling system at once is also amazing at all, there is no long procedure for connection with multiple systems. All we need to do is create a System ID and Password. And I can access multiple systems at once without any hesitation, and the AnyDesk is not going to crash.

Cons:

I'm using The AnyDesk for a long time and I have a good experience with it. But honestly, I have some objections that some feature needs to improve. First of all, I don't like generating random passwords and a random system ID. It should ask by the user for creating the desired password and the desired ID. And it should ask for once, Whenever I start the AnyDesk software, it is going to create a random password each time. And each time I need to connect with the client's system, I will ask him to share his Anydesk details first. And this thing is going to create doubt in my client's mind about my skills, and he will think that I'm not as professional as he was looking for. Secondly, sometimes it keeps showing me connection errors while my client is waiting for a demo through the remote desktop protocol on his own system. This thing always wastes a lot of time and leads me to lose my client sometimes. I hope that the respected team of the AnyDesk will have a look at this problem and will make it better for future use.

mustafa
archiving officer in Egypt
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Streamline Your Remote Work with AnyDesk: A User's Review

Comments: Overall, I seem to have a positive experience with AnyDesk, citing its ease of use, fast connection speed, and reliable performance as some of its key strengths. Some users have also praised its security features, including end-to-end encryption and two-factor authentication.However, some users have reported occasional connectivity issues, and some have mentioned that the software can be difficult to set up for less tech-savvy users.Overall, AnyDesk appears to be a solid remote desktop software that is suitable for a wide range of use cases, and most users seem to be satisfied with their experience using it.

Pros:

As a user of AnyDesk, I must say that what I liked most about this remote desktop software is its incredibly fast and reliable performance. I was pleasantly surprised by how seamlessly I was able to access and control my remote computer, even when it was located thousands of miles away. The screen sharing feature was smooth and the image quality was outstanding, allowing me to work remotely with ease.Furthermore, I found AnyDesk to be very user-friendly, with a simple and intuitive interface that made it easy for me to connect to my remote computer within seconds. The software is also highly customizable, with a range of settings that allowed me to optimize the remote access experience to suit my needs.Overall, I highly recommend AnyDesk to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient remote desktop software. Its fast and smooth performance, combined with its user-friendly interface and customizable settings, make it an excellent choice for both personal and professional use.

Cons:

One of the main complaints about AnyDesk is that it can be difficult to set up for some users, especially those who are not familiar with remote access software. Additionally, there have been reports of occasional lag or delays when using AnyDesk, which can be frustrating for users who need real-time access to their files or applications.Another common complaint is that AnyDesk's pricing can be steep for certain users, especially those who only need to use the software occasionally or for personal use. Some users have also reported that the user interface could be improved to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.Despite these criticisms, many users still find AnyDesk to be a reliable and effective remote access tool that meets their needs.

Youssef
Youssef
Chief Technology Officer in Lebanon
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Very fast and light weight remote support tool

Comments: Anydesk is very easy to setup at client computers especially for non-tech savvy users. Setting up unattended access is also very simple. Remote access through anydesk is quick, doesn't require a very fast connection and you can use it to transmit also sound from the remote computer

Pros:

Anydesk is very light weight and very quick to start. Users can download it and run it without the need to install it and the initial setup is not complicated

Cons:

Running anydesk on mac for the first time can be a bit tricky for non-experienced users as they need to go to system preferences and allow access to anydesk

Joselyn
Joselyn
Marketing Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The best remote desktop software

Comments: The great advantage of having Anydesk is that no matter where I may be, I have the facility to connect and attend a computer. Anydesk has saved me from many troubles, because many times I am not in the office, and I need a file from the computer. this software gives me the opportunity to get it quickly and easily. Also, this software is very well suited to my work as much of my work is now remote.

Pros:

I like Anydesk because it is a software that I can control a remote PC, and be able to access documents or other files, also its free version has many useful tools, it allows me to examine any remote computer, I can also control and install this service to monitor and control any other computer of different operating systems. I also like that it doesn't take up much memory space.

Cons:

Although it offers more tools in its free version compared to other remote desktop access software, there are some details that should be added such as audio calls.

Edin
Guest Services in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

AnyDesk is a very good tool

Comments: Overall, AnyDesk has been a great tool and has done its job better than expected. If you are seeking for a good, reliable and affordable tool to use, AnyDesk is definitely the way to go.

Pros:

While using AnyDesk, I have managed to control the host device easily and quickly, without issues and lags during the session. It has never failed me and it has a lot of options that allow multiple tasks, even the complicated ones to be performed flawlessly and in a simple manner. The options offered in this tool will do everything that you need and the interface is very neat and nice.

Cons:

The connection speed is not the greatest if the internet quality varies. In other words, if you are using mobile data where you are on the move but still using the tool, it might get slow or lag at times or even freeze. Still, it goes back to normal quickly.

Edwin
CTO in Dominican Republic
Computer Networking, Self Employed

Anydesk has it all

Comments: I work 95% remote so anydesk has added great value to my Windows users.

Pros:

Anydesk is a powerhouse of features. They really know about remote support, because this app is built with everything one need to support remote clients/servers. I really enjoy the simplicity and efficacy of it. Not like others that shows terrible perfomance.

Cons:

Nothing I can say here. Only thing that bothers me is that the linux version time to time one has to restart the whole system because anydesk never connects to its server and all clients appears offline.

sophia
sophia
Dispatch Manager in Kenya
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

We are able to cut costs on site visits with AnyDesk remote control.

Comments: My overall experience with AnyDesk so far has been amazing especially because I work with a large number of clients who need technical support. I don't have to be there physically to do this as long as I have the user id I can access their computer using my phone or laptop. With this, the company has been able to cut costs spent on site visits to clients places.

Pros:

AnyDesk allows me to offer technical support to my clients remotely. I like how the end users can share files remotely while sharing the screen and performing any task. Minimal lags and can connect to multiple computers at the same time.

Cons:

Your security can easily be compromised as someone who has permission to access your computer remotely can spy on you. Tends to slack off with slow internet connection.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic free & paid tool for accessing remote desktops

Comments: We have certain tools tied to US IP addresses and allowing our team to be able to access these from across the globe is a huge benefit to our daily operations.

Pros:

I want to say the price -- we've been on the free plan for many years. I imagine they'll migrate to a more consistent paid model down the road but even with that in mind, it'll be worth the expense. It's a very lightweight, easy to use way to have our team access remote desktops from anywhere in the world.

Cons:

The install process could be a little more streamlined, but other than that no complaints. As it stands the app can run natively with the downloaded file, though a prompt to install afterwards was a little confusing but easy enough to figure out.