• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About Box

Box is a modern content management platform that transforms how organizations work and collaborate to achieve results faster.

Learn more about Box

Showing 3,823 reviews

Ali K.
Information Technology Adviser
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2021

"Transfer and share files easily and securely in the cloud"

Comments: One of the first options in transferring our files and offering in the list of required and recommended items to companies and organizations that we consult. If you have different meetings and need different files in the meetings, safely create a secure cloud space of your files in the box because one day it will come in handy. Having a backup on the secure cloud storage is always life-saving, and experience has shown that floppy disks, CDs, and flash drives and computer headers are not enough for a successful business.

Pros: I like the simplicity and good features and the appropriate speed of Box platform, you can easily transfer files from any device to the cloud storage space of the box. I like its speed and security, you will not feel any strangeness with the software. E-Signature make it more secure and Integration with lot of apps is wonderful. The cost and price is very reasonable and economical compared to the many features it provides to the user.‌ Data Loss Protection is great.

Cons: The graphic design of the dashboard should be simpler and more tangible and can be changed to the liking of the admin, Also a feature in the dashboard should be added to display the status of shared files and folders, and the latest status of views and downloads to be clearly and simply visible to the admin.

• Reviewed on 7/3/2021
Moriah G.
VP of Business Development
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2021

"Box makes my life better."

Comments: I love being able to access my files (and others' files) from anywhere. I feel safe with my files being stored on Box.

Pros: Box is so easy to use. One of my favorite features is Box Notes. Being able to collaborate easily on meeting notes in real-time and then save it in a place everyone has access to is great.

Cons: The only thing I have had a little trouble with is sharing a folder with an external collaborator. I have had multiple people come back with confusion on how they are supposed to gain access.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2021
Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Excellent with teamwork, effortlessly easy."

Comments: When we talk about online based cloud storage, Box is an old company, give proper service to users. I can comfortably use big files and share them with a group of people. in my opinion its good enough to use. In the professional section, we all need to be paid storage to save our data, Box is a good option for us. In case of small file we may think of going free with other service provider, wbut when we need bigger space , we don't have many option left.

Pros: Box is a good software when i use online . I can share my professional files easily with my teams. Large files are easily shareable with anyone. In my opinion cloud storage of Box is upto mark. File sharing is pretty good.

Cons: Price is a little bit higher, when we talk about paid storage. windows application is not easiy to use, need some improvement.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Reece S.
Web Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/2/2021

"Hello Old Friend"

Comments: Solid and consistent. They always do the job right and look great while doing it! If it wasn't for Google and Amazon, I believe they would be #1 in this market.

Pros: I used Box.com since the early days when it was in competition with DriveHQ. Even back then it always felt like a polished gem of a website, and I am please to say it hasn't gone downhill like so many others. It offers all the things you'd expect from a cloud storage platform and so much more.

Cons: This market is already taken by giants such as Google and Amazon, so I don't know if Box.com will be a viable long-term storage strategy.

• Reviewed on 11/2/2021
Travis w.c. M.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2020

"On the Go or From Home"

Comments: I don't see any reason to change to another product or service, so long as the price remains competetive.

Pros: Box excels at one thing -- making documents accessible from anywhere. This amounts to benefits of efficiency and freedom to work on the go. Being able to access from any machine, particularly on a phone where other services often fail, enhances my ability to address customer's needs.

Cons: There's no indication when a file is open by another user. This has led to multiple users editing a document, and those documents don't merge well or at all, leaving a red exclamation point indicating there's an issue or an alternate file. We've lost some work this way. As a small company, this is manageable with clearer communication between employees, but I foresee this being an issue as we grow.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2020
Hayley G.
Co-Director
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/2/2020

"My Life Saver"

Comments: Amazing. Box has helped transform my organization into a fully functioning team. We use this ALL the time. Any questions? Look on Box.

Pros: Box is honestly one of the greatest organizational tools out there. I use Box several times a day for all of my documents. Box has all major servers (Word, Excel, Notes, ect.) and you can upload anything to it! It also updates with real time and allows several viewers/editors at a time. This has been a MUST during executive meetings. We can also upload any music, video or picture files to share, which is essential for our industry. The ability to make several folders and organize data well is the key to using Box. I have almost transitioned out of using Google Docs completely.

Cons: Honestly, the only issue I have with box is sometimes there are loading issues when working on a file with the desktop. Also I can't find a way to delete old files that have been shared with another person that I don't want anymore.

• Reviewed on 22/2/2020
Bryan F.
Information Specialist for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/5/2018

"I use Box for department and personal document storage through manual uploads, emails, and syncing."

Comments: With this product, I can securely save and store my documents. They can be accessed from anywhere. I can share them with colleagues and setup folders with access for multiple users.
Through our reporting software, I can easily email documents to Box folders to be uploaded.

Pros: I like the versatility for uploading and downloading files. Files can be uploaded by dragging them into the folder in a web browser. You can also allow them to be uploaded through email. When this is activated, a unique email address is created. Any attachments in emails sent to that address are uploaded to that folder. We use our reporting software to send reports to these folders. Within this folder, uniquely named documents can replace existing ones or be added in addition to the original.
Files can also be uploaded through synced folders. I use this to store all of my work documents. Any file in this folder is synced with the online folder.
The Box files can easily be accessed from any web browser or through the mobile app. Ours is placed behind our firewall. With the mobile app, you can also create offline versions of documents for easy access without internet access.
Downloading can be completed easily though the app or online. Individual files can be downloaded one at a time or en mass as a zip file.

Cons: I am pretty happy with this product. The only thing that I would prefer is the ability to download multiple files at once as separate files instead of being downloaded as a zip file.

• Reviewed on 4/5/2018
Lucas B.
Network Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/7/2016

"Enabling mobility, collaboration, and delivering that securely."

Comments: There are many services if you are looking for a place to dump data. But what makes Box the best, are all the features that they layer on top of that. Collaboration, sync, edit, Office integration, great mobile apps, policies, preview, workflows, automations, and more. At my company we have been able to leverage many of these features to meet specific needs of our end users that we would not have been able to easily meet with our existing resources or traditional platforms. We have been able to really leverage the platform to enable our users to gather data all over the world on almost any platform and then have staff anywhere else in the world act on that data. This has increased our response time tremendously over traditional platforms like email and FTP. Box can really be a tool in your tool chest that can solve many problems.

Pros: The features I have found to be most helpful over other cloud storage platforms are: 1) Collaboration just not that it exists, but it is easy and user friendly. Allowing data that is necessary to be worked on to be brought to the surface 2) Security focus on compliance, encryption, enterprise grade management 3) 3rd Party Integrations allowing for Box to truly be a platform to be used with other software. 4) Mobile apps, very strong and easy to use

Cons: There are still some management features I would like to see improved, giving more control to IT. There is a good bit here, but could use a bit more.

• Reviewed on 29/7/2016
Arpit T.
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/9/2020

"Ideal Product for Storing and Sharing Large files in Organizations"

Comments: Great product to be used in a large organization - We are Storing large sized files very quickly and sharing them, so Box does the deal in most efficient manner.
Storing daily, weekly, monthly reports and auto version control manages all the files.
Auto posting reports every day to a definite location.

Pros: Easy to Use
Very fast speeds for file uploads
Every storage directory gets its unique email address, so use can use automated softwares to store files, reports etc on Box
Efficient sharing allows to effectively share files in a secured manner between teams and companies
Single Sign On supported for organization which promotes highest security
API access

Cons: Little pricey as compared to alternatives in the market.
Shareable link is there, but not as easy and seamless integration with emails like how Google drive does it.
Good for professional use , not recommended for personal data storage.
Searching for files using API is tedious and does not always work.

• Reviewed on 16/9/2020
Verna B.
Hardware Engineer
Staffing & Recruiting, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Box offers the most professional cloud content storage services."

Comments: I have rated it 9 on a scale of 10 because it has efficient working ways and high-end security features for long term backup of our files and data. We have choose this tool because it is quite easy to access and implement in the whole organization. We have really improved our working while using this tool because it allows us to save time and money while we can extract most of the benefits from this tool in a reliable way.

Pros: The most beneficial thing about the Box software is that Box has enabled us with easy sharing of files and data which in return have saved us precious time for other activities and we have gained utmost benefit from it in organizing our employees and professionals content. Box has secured all of work and we can easily retrieve our files in the most efficient ways. It also includes some highly efficient tools which and we gained allow us to organize and sort the data in the most easy way.

Cons: But in accordance to our business objectives, it does not fit 100% well cause there are some requirements that has to be fulfilled via other tool to keep us working. So it also needs some improvements from its own end. It also needs to improve its way of organizing the data. We are mostly confused in retrieving the files and folders while looking for specific contents. Box has limited storage capacity for new users. And its additional storage could be bought for high prices which are reluctantly rated at very high price.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Tim T.
Database Administrator
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/6/2020

"Storage with excellent features for a fair price."

Comments: Collaboration via e-mail, the local network, and off-hours with a secure and responsive document and data storage repository. Very clean interface that even allows relative newcomers to easily start storing, sharing, and pulling files from other users.

Pros: I loved that Box allows frequently-emailed coworkers from your outlook to easily view your recent box files, documents, and updates and download things of interest if they have permission. It makes collaboration via e-mail, even over large files, effortless.

Cons: Some of the features like drag-and-drop are buggy or tedious when linking multiple files, and the "upload folder" option is sometimes not able to be selected.

• Reviewed on 22/6/2020
Vin C.
IT Director
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"A very viable cloud platform"

Comments: I use Box heavily to share folders with clients, and to store/transfer files from outside locations to my local desktops. I've been with the company since the beginning and the platform has proven entirely stable for my business needs.

Pros: First off - let me say that I was a very early adopter of the Box platform, and I was grandfathered in with 25GB free storage. That said, I am not on a paid plan which is why I didn't comment on the pricing. I can say that the pricing is on par with the rest of the industry. I will also stick to commenting on the free version - which lacks some of the paid features. The Box Drive sync client works very well. I have seamless access to my files on all of my devices. I am able to share files and folders with ease. It is a very stable cloud platform in my opinion. As for the paid options - I believe that they work as advertised, and I've watched the platform evolve and mature over time to be a competitive with the other providers. Some of their partnerships are better by far than the others.

Cons: Honestly - from the free version standpoint - the biggest issue I had was when they migrated from the simple sync client to the Box Drive client. That actually proved to be more difficult than it should have. I also lost some features that I had with the sync client - due to me being on the free version.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Victor B.
Think Tanks, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2018

"Best cloud / file storage"

Pros: I'ved used Box, dropbox, OneDrive, and many other cloud based file storage systems for many years. Box is -- hands down -- the best application for three big reasons. The first is that Box has many built in features for SSO, management, archiving, search, and integrations that are very well suited to large scale enterprise implementations to replace client/server file systems. The second is that Box has amazing integrations (pre-built). Some of my favorites are email based notifications and submit (drop in) files via email. Not that I used them for email itself, but they are great to build automation with. The third is Box's API which is super easy to use.

Cons: The one thing I never liked about Box is that when a corp IT team includes someone to have read access (or other access) to a folder, it always shows up. Box should have user features that allow the user to hide content that is shared with with, but which they don't want or need to see. Clearly one of the huge problems of massive file collections is finding the right data. I think their search, sort, and filter technologies could really use a lot of help here.

• Reviewed on 7/5/2018
Mark M.
Route Controller
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Box review"

Comments: The other bonus is for example you can have a roster in Box that all staff have access to so due to staff sickness / Annual Leave booked -Spare shifts that have changed -Rest Days shift changes staff can check at home via Box and this is one of the major advantages meaning staff will be in the right place at the right time.I would recommend Box as a very useful addition to store documents that you want to share or keep private.

Pros: Box is a great way of keeping documents ,reports,files etc in one place and you can share them to other colleague's to edit or just to have read access only but you can send a personal link to them and once you have sighed up to Box which is easy to do, the other major advantage is that you can log into box form any pc work or personal so you always have access to it.

Cons: Sometime when you are uploading stuff onto Box it takes its time but other than that it is really useful tool to have .

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Mandi C.
Managing Attorney
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2020

"I LOVE Box!"

Comments: I switched from DropBox professional to Box a little over a year ago. I am completely in love with it. It is easy to use and, as I understand it, more secure than DropBox. Folders are easy to share and manage, versions are tracked automatically, and it allows for my business name and logo to appear when logging in.

Pros: I really love everything about this product. My favorite feature is that it keeps track of versions automatically. It tells you when something was edited and by who, and allows you to go back to previous versions.

Cons: Sometimes I have trouble syncing it with my PC file structure but I have been able to resolve it any time it was a problem.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2020
Bridgette S.
Director Sales
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"Handy for business or personal needs!"

Comments: Overall - good. Would recommend to small-med businesses or people who have a large amount of files that need organizing.

Pros: It's efficient at what it does. It allows users to safeguard all their documents in one convenient hub. I used Box at work in the oil and gas industry and found it to be useful and fairly easy to use and understand. It's great for people with a lot of data, photos, and large files, as it holds a massive amount of data. The price is affordable and its definitely worth every penny!

Cons: The only thing I have to say that's negative about it is the user-interface in the online portion of the product. I found it to be laggy at times when I had just uploaded and synced a file to my PC Box account, and went online to check if the sync had worked. The user interface itself is fairly archaic and could use a facelift. I also found the online site to be more up to date if others on my team had uploaded files, I would usually see them come through right away online vs on the PC file explorer.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
Gregg B.
Executive Director
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/3/2019

"Great storage solution for multi-platform teams"

Comments: Box is an easy to implement storage solution that will have your teams collaborating on documents and sharing information in no time. Reasonable pricing options and backup ensure your documents are safe using this cloud-based system.

Pros: Box is a great addition to our nonprofit's information management workflow. We use Box to handle the distribution of board documents, exchange financial data, collaborate on marketing materials, and collect contributed information such as photos or video. There are a lot of cloud-based storage systems out there, but our selection came down to usability, portability, cross-platform integration and cost. Box is easy to use from installed client software (desktop and mobile apps) as well as from the web.

Cons: One area that I'd like to see Box compete better is on versioning of saved documents. Of course, good document management includes creating new versions of documents as they change, but with multiple users that rule is sometimes ignored. It would be most beneficial to be able to go back to a time and date and retrieve a given document from that period, similar to Apples Time Machine. Not a deal breaker, but a valuable tool if it were available.

• Reviewed on 1/3/2019
Program Assistant
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/9/2019

"Reliable and great for sharing files with others."

Comments: Our files are secure, and we can easily share files with people within and outside the company.

Pros: You can share files and folders easily with others. A great way to collaborate with colleagues! Has a pretty easy search feature when searching for files - helpful when looking for pdfs or box notes only. Easy to upload and download documents. I like that you can Box Notes to take notes, directly from Box. You can upload multiple versions of the same document, while maintaining version history. This is great for collaboration, as well as making sure people are using the correct file. You can make comments on Box Notes, and tag colleagues so they are notified instantly. You can "favorite" your notes, and see a recent history of open documents. You can customize templates so you can easily use for taking quick notes. We have meeting agendas and project plan notes that we use over and over so this feature is helpful.

Cons: In Box Notes, the formatting features are limited. For example, there are only a few font color options (9), 4 text types (title, subtitle, body, small), and there are only so many columns you can insert when inserting a table. Box has fewer features than Google Drive, but that might work depending on your organization's needs.

• Reviewed on 8/9/2019
Receptionist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/4/2019

"Enterprise and Almost There"

Comments: Box is a pretty good option for cloud file storage if you're a larger company. It does come with a bit of a price tag though, and it does have some quirks that I wish they would fix with regard to how users interact with the product.

Pros: I like that Box definitely has put a ton of focus into building out its feature set geared towards large and enterprise clients. It definitely feels like enterprise software (whether you consider that good or bad), and it's reliability is definitely on par with what you'd expect from a solution geared towards that market. Box does a great job integrating with Salesforce which is something I've had trouble with in other cloud file storage solutions.

Cons: Compared to other cloud solutions, I found sharing files on Box unnecessarily complicated. It was relatively easy to share files with people internal to my organization, however if I needed to share a file externally, the process was somewhat onerous.

• Reviewed on 19/4/2019
Chethan M.
Technology Lead
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/7/2018

"Review of Box web based document management system used within organization for editing and storage."

Pros: This is a easy to use web based system for storing documents. This online tool can be used across the organization for editing, Storage and Sharing the documents. Retrieval of stored documents is also comparatively simpler with its better search functionalities. Box provides most of the Document management System features like Versioning, Metadata, Download, Access control and many others. Box also allows to view most document formats directly with its improved viewer. Online editing or Sync up is also great feature where it allows one to directly edit the documents from their desktop with the Box desktop plugin installed and sync up online.

Cons: Box has most of the great features that any organization requires for their employees to quickly store and share documents. However, The Box document viewer is still need to improved as sometimes it does not opens up a document due to various reasons and also limitation for selected doc formats. The Access Control feature also needs improvement or may be available in some versions.

• Reviewed on 8/7/2018
Vivian L.
Manager, Graphic Design
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/3/2020

"Enterprise solution, but difficult rollout"

Comments: It's been much easier sharing one set of files with multiple vendors on a project, for instance, designers + printers. But the workflow is best for final files, not works in progress for annotation. For instance, comments are notations on a sidebar, but if a document is multi-page, it's difficult to notate specifics. Box is better for images + word files. Difficult for video.

Pros: I'm a designer that needs to share files with agencies / photographers / freelance designers / etc. Before box was brought to my organization as an enterprise solution, I was using different ftps for each vendor, and the exchange wasn't as seamless. This product solved some issues.

Cons: I have a feeling it's not as intuitive as some other similar vendors on the market. For some reason, I really have to walk through the nuances of box to my team members. This might more have to do with the implementation across my organization, and there's confusion between employees (part of enterprise license) and contractors, so sharing is only as seamless as knowing the status of a colleague's job classification.

• Reviewed on 30/3/2020
John M.
Planning & Investment Analyst
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/9/2019

"Team Synchronization at its Best"

Comments: Box has been a great product for our team and has made sharing documents and files easy. We work in a team that needs to share files and it would be impossible to maintain without a software like Box.

Pros: Box is a wonderful overlay to Windows Explorer to sync folders and documents across devices. This works both on a personal level for someone with more than one device or it can be used in a corporate setting to share files among team members. This software has been great for our collaboration and a stallworth in our team.

Cons: Box could improve how many products it offers. It is difficult to understand all the different product integrations they offer. The interface to download them has changed recently too and some are only available upon logging in. Also, Box does not support cloud upload of BAK files which can be important for some enterprises backing up databases.

• Reviewed on 24/9/2019
Christopher M.
Marketing Project Manager
10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Box for Your Everyday File Storage"

Comments: Try it out.

Pros: Box is probably one of my favorite software tools out there by far. I've used this everyday for over 3 years now and it works like a charm. You can store anything from any simple file, images, videos, etc. The ability to share links with people and have them enter passwords to access restricted content makes it valuable among your peers and co-workers. You can simply upload or drag and drop and determine who in your folder gets to have what type of permission sets such as restricting people to download but they can only view or perhaps upload. I recommend Box without a doubt.

Cons: No issues from me personally however I can see Box being more valuable for mid-large enterprises. Not sure if Box is most ideal for smaller organizations or for a company with less than 50 people but otherwise it does its just as intended.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Louis L.
Staff Architect
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/5/2019

"My favorite business cloud storage service"

Comments: Box meets all my cloud storage needs and is a solid product.

Pros: Box just works well, synchronizing my files across multiple devices. I predominantly use the mobile app and web versions of the app although Box also offers native clients for most operating systems. The mobile app is very well designed and enables lightning fast uploads of files and photos. Performance is excellent for the most part and the mobile app rarely crashes. Navigation of the website and mobile app is very intuitive with handy pop up options for most tasks.

Cons: No native document editor available. Box will provide a link to open the document in Word, but it does not enable you to make changes to the document in the application. To be fair, Dropbox can't do this either, only OneDrive provides this functionality via Office 365. Viewing photos in the Box website can cause performance to drag. It needs to refresh each time you change the page view and loading of images in gallery mode is slow.

• Reviewed on 8/5/2019
Tanuj D.
Salesforce developer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/2/2021

"Best and secure content management application"

Comments: Overall, I am very much satisfied with Box. Our whole company uses it for managing and handling different types of files and documents. We also have different levels of access set up in the application, so that confidential data remains secure. We are also using the mobile application to access those documents at any time which has increased the productivity.

Pros: Box is a cloud application which is used for documents management. It is a secure application where all of your documents are encrypted which keeps them safe. The great feature is that you can also preview the files directly, you don't need to download those files and view them. You can also control the access to files and also share links of the documents with different users. They also do have a mobile application which makes it easier to access the documents from any place. They also do have an offline feature.

Cons: The only default file which you can create directly in the Box cloud application is text files. So for storing other types of files like Pdfs, excel sheets, word files etc, you will have to create those files on respective software and then upload them to the Box platform.

• Reviewed on 18/2/2021