• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.9 /5

About QuickBooks Time

Employee time tracking with mobile app and GPS. See who's working, where, on what projects - all in real time. Easy payroll integration

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Showing 5,478 reviews

Ashley C.
Accounting Specialist
  • Reviewed on 30/3/2021

"easiest time clock"

Comments: My experience with QuickBooks Time has been a pleasant one. It is really convenient that we can clock in on our cell phone when moving from job to job. When I am doing payroll, it is so easy to pull up everyone hours and run reports that meet my needs. I love this program, it makes my job easy.

Pros: This software is so easy to clock in and out. I work for a construction company, so it great how easy it is to see how much each person spent on each job so that we can bill the customers correctly. It is a very simple program and o easy to teach everyone how to use it correctly.

Cons: I don't really have any cons to this software. It does everything I need it to do in order for me to get my job done everyday.

• Reviewed on 30/3/2021
Connie P.
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2017

"Excellent Support and Service"

Comments: I was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.

Pros: Anytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care!
The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.

Cons: Only thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.

• Reviewed on 2/3/2017
Kristina G.
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees

"TSheets Software Review"

Comments: This software has been a great tool to not only keep track of employees' time but also to schedule and plan for future jobs. Because of that, I have been able to help save us time and money by properly scheduling our employees for the needed amount of time. My experience has been very positive with TSheets.

Pros: TSheets is so easy to use. As a manager, I can view and edit all employees' timesheets easily and quickly. There are several functions that make my job so much easier! I use the Jobs feature and Project Report frequently to see how long certain jobs are taking our employees which in turn helps me better schedule for future jobs. The time entry is also accompanied with a GPS which is wonderful to check on arrival time and departure time from jobs. The payroll report is very easy to use and read. It shows me a breakdown of the total hours worked and the overtime worked so I can see where every employee is at.

Cons: I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this software; however, the Time Off function is sometimes a little confusing to my employees. They are unsure of how to add time off. Others just ask for their time off to be added for them which is sometimes confusing to me as well. I would love to see a help video on that function specifically.

Linda M.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"T-Sheets is Awesome"

Comments: They are very responsive and helpful to any concerns. They have always worked with me to resolve the issues we have as a staffing agency with employees working 100% off site at multiple locations performing varied duties.

Pros: We use both the scheduling and time tracking options. This is much easier to manage for both Admin and Staff. This product is easy to learn and work with. The company is receptive to clients and creates adaptions and additions to the software based on user input and requests.

Cons: The basic product is structured to meet the needs of "standard" business hours. We operate 24/7 with varied hours, shifts, on call, per task work, and consulting support. We are only able to enter any of these as hourly. Since we are unable to override some of the standard settings it doesn't meet all of our needs, but we have not found any product that even comes close to what they do have.

Teria D.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/8/2019

"Excellent Customer Services"

Comments: My overall experience has been great with T-Sheets. I especially love the customer service. Whenever I have a question, the team is readily available by chat or phone to assist me with my needs in a short amount of time. Today, I had the pleasure of working witha customer service rep who's positive energy read through the chat. She immediately brightened my day with her responses and resolved my issue in record time. She also provided me with tools so that I could have more assistance at my finger tips.

Pros: T-Sheets is an great time tracking systems for employees who work on multiple projects in the field. Our company has found it to be a great asset to recording time for employees and verifying that they are in place when expected. We also like the variety of reports it is able to generate for ease of information.

Cons: What I like least has nothing to do with the product. There are just so many features that I barely have time to find out just how much the software can do. I have no doubt that in some cases I am not utilizing it to its full potential.

• Reviewed on 6/8/2019
Michelle S.
COO
Construction
  • Reviewed on 21/6/2016

"Getting Started - Set Up and Organizing"

Pros: Once I cleaned up my Quickbooks' Customer list, the company set up and Quickbooks integration has gone pretty smoothly. Webinars could be a little faster pace but they were very informative! I had a few questions but with one click on the Live Chat, a rep was available to answer my questions with easy to understand responses. The fact that I have timesheets being submitted electronically, GPS tracking from clock in through the day until clock out AND Quickbooks Integration to expedite payroll processing - saves time and money!

Cons: When downloading the employees, I did not like how I had to go in and map the employees overtime, holiday, and vacation. There should be a faster way to map the QB designation to the Tsheets. I literally had to map overtime, holiday and vacation for each of 3 dozen employees. Not the fastest way. I'm sure Tsheets will figure out a better way pretty quickly.
The live chat link sometimes put you in touch with a rep very quickly and other times, you have to wait and by wait, once I waited almost 15 or 20 minutes. This could use some improvement.
The website has A LOT of great articles and information; however, it is not always easy to locate what you are looking for and then you feel ridiculous when the Live Chat rep sends you a link to what you couldn't find!

• Reviewed on 21/6/2016
Casey F.
  • Reviewed on 24/2/2020

"Great Support"

Comments: We have had great support, from on boarding, to implementation, to answer the questions as things come up. It has made my job as a business owner much easier. Especially when dealing with my employees’ money, it’s important to get the details right!

Pros: I love that it is fairly simple to learn how to use, operate, and also that there is excellent support if I have any questions.

Cons: There is a lot of manual editing, but I don’t know that that necessarily could be simplified with the kind of jobs that we do.

• Reviewed on 24/2/2020
Char L.
Admin Assistant
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Mobile Timesheets for a business on the go"

Comments: The TSheets program has been very useful for our agency. Their customer service is quick and responsive. Highly recommend them for a company on the go!

Pros: This program has helped our business greatly in being able to show where our employees are while being logged onto the time clock. In a business like ours, we work out of the homes of our clients. This program has cut down on complaints that clients were not worked with for their entire time or if the employee didn't show up at the home when they were supposed to be there. When Medicaid fraud was at an all time high, this program protected us by being able to show our employees were where they said they were. This software is very easy to learn and work with. If you have issues, you can simply start a chat session and work on it while it's happening.

Cons: The only con that I have experienced was not being able to set up how the tsheets would print out. This became an issue at one point where each timeline was in a very small box, and our method of processing these forms needed more room for notations. Luckily, others must have complained because they changed it back quickly to the original formatting.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Tiffany S.
Frequency Planning Specialist
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Great software for what we need"

Comments: Overall, t-sheets has been great. When we separated from the original account to our own smaller account, the staff was super helpful. It took a little longer than we would have liked, but it was smooth and we didn't lose any time from the previous account. We were able to keep everything from the past several years.

Pros: I can run everyone's time and export to excel for the boss to read it easier and track everyone's time per project. It allows me as the admin to set permissions for everyone and allow everyone to enter their own projects and disable projects that are no longer active.

Cons: I wish it was more user friendly when interfacing with Quickbooks. All of the jobs in Quickbooks are labeled according to the customer and then what the project managers want to see on their invoices. The jobs in T-sheets are labeled by state to make them easier to find and track for the engineers and easier to alphabetize when I run payroll. I am the only one that uses Quickbooks so no one except me cares that it would make my invoicing for payroll easier if I could import it and it was smart enough to match the project names whether there is an underscore or comma in the name.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Baron D.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/3/2019

"Our rep with customer service is awesome!!"

Comments: I haven't used scheduling yet, but the ability to track details of projects allows me to reflect on my past work to help create more accurate quotes for future jobs.

Pros: Its easy to manage time tracking with the android app. Recent inputs are saved so you don't have to repeat all the required fields every time. I can even edit time sheets if I missed a clock in/out. The UI flow is simple and makes sense. Once I got the import/export setup with Quickbooks, making invoices to clients is easy.
I often handle accounting work after hours so it's been hard for me to call support to help me get the Quickbooks integration set up. I have found the TSheets support team does an amazing job with responding through emails, and when I finally took a morning to call in, they automatic system already knew who I was by my phone number on the account and I was quickly connected to our rep. She spent a good amount of time with me going through all of my questions and scenarios. She was fun to work with, and put a lot of effort into getting me setup with the integration of Quickbooks. It was refreshing to have an experience where the support team isn't just trying to get to the next person on hold as quickly as possible. These are the type of people we all wish we could get help from when we really need it!

Cons: Some of the labels of fields between Quickbooks and TSheets don't match so that can be confusing at first.

• Reviewed on 1/3/2019
Barbara H.
Dir of Admin & Acct
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2019

"User Friendly"

Comments: We are keeping our overtime cost down. We are also able to track hours for certain jobs and that helps us to keep track of job costing and overall profits on a job.

Pros: I like how we are able to track our employees throughout the day to help them to be more productive in their job. The notifications that we receive to let us know how many hours our employees have worked for the week, each day, helps us to keep overtime down. This software not only helps us but is a great tool for our employees. They can keep track of the hours they have worked to and compare that to their payroll checks. It keeps us both sides accountable to one another. There are too many great functions to mention. We have been with TSheets since October of 2012. The price for the software is very competitive. You can also down load the time into QB's. I also like that I am able to chat with an agent on line in regards to questions with the software and get a quick, helpful response.

Cons: We have not had any issues and there really isn't anything negative to say

• Reviewed on 6/9/2019
Lindsey H.
Project Engineer
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Easy to Use and Great Functionality"

Comments: Overall, we are very happy with TSheets.

Pros: Owning a construction business and having the majority of our employees in the field, we needed a system that is both user friendly, works remotely, and offers good ver functionality. Tsheets has been a great solution for our employees to clock in and out, as the capability to be downloaded onto their phone and therefore it goes everywhere with them. Beyond that, the GPS capability has been great when tracking drive time and any changes in job location. We also use Tsheets for the schedule. Our employees can easily access this schedule and get all the info they need. Above all, Tsheets works with Quickbooks and timecards can be directly uploaded to Quickbooks, as well as all the customers synced to track job costing. Tsheets has been a great solution for us.

Cons: The GPS tracking system is not completely fool proof. By using additional applications, the GPS can be altered to reflect employees at the job site, when indeed they are not. After talking to customer service about this, the only way to access further information is through the employees phone directly.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Cathryn G.
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2019

"Lifesaver !"

Comments: Overall, the program has been helping us create internal organizational systems. We are a small, but rapidly growing company in an extremely competitive industry. We can already see how T-sheets will give us an edge. Customer service has been fantastic, especially as we get to know the program more. Chatting with their rep, especially, has been hugely helpful (thanks #CLP!) Give that woman a raise! Or, come work for us ;)

Pros: The multiple interfaces, the ability to visualize jobs by employee or job title, the ease of color-coding/changing shifts/coordination. It's like Google calendar on steroids with full integrated payroll systems, hourly tracking, GPS tracking, etc. We are new users but it is already totally changing the company for the better. Also the customer service is FANTASTIC! As we continue to adapt & customize the software for us, #CLP in particular has been a LIFESAVER! Amazing service works alongside amazing software. Total win for us!

Cons: We are a multidisciplinary company and every job we do is different-- while one of the strengths of T-sheets is standardizing processes, there are parts of the software that I wish were a bit more nimble & able to be changed quickly. For example, our employees often have overlapping abilities & talents. I wish there was a way to assign various roles/capabilities to the same employee. I also wish there was an internal evaluation system for certain skills so that we could better learn to staff our jobs as our management team grows. Other small things-- I wish there was an easy way to move a full day's worth of shifts easily (rather than one by one.) Project deadlines/milestones get moved around often and I find T-sheets a bit rigid in some aspects. For example, how can companies with large pools of freelancers use T-sheets most effectively?

• Reviewed on 20/3/2019
Keirsten B.
Tech Support
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2019

"Another time tracking software"

Comments: It was an average experience. The product could be better but it could also be a lot worse.

Pros: It does make it easy to keep track of hours and usually imports into quickbooks both online and desktop seamlessly, if you set it up right. Geofencing allows us to keep track of our techs in the field and know when they are at the job sites and when they are not.

Cons: If it does not import correctly it is hard to get support. If you call tsheets they tell you its quickbooks and vice a versa. It is not easy to configure the quickbooks side unless you are good at mapping for job classing and certified payroll.

• Reviewed on 25/7/2019
Data Analysis
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/5/2019

"This is one of the best time tracking software out there"

Comments: I would highly recommend this product to small and big companies alike, and I can say without reservations that it can suit most needs without the need for customization. Irrespective of whether you are a company like mcdonalds or kfc, or you are a company like amazon warehouse or a just a regular software company, this would be your go to tool. It has a simple and aesthetic design and an amazing distraction interface, and is value for money.

Pros: it is amazingly simple to use and there are no complications involved whatsoever.
It is a really clean and crip software and lets employees log their time very well.
They also have an android app which furthers makes everything a breeze.

Cons: This is not so much of a con than it a slight inconvenience or a possible design flaw, but when logging time via the the android app app, the software doesn't auto choose the end date based on a start date. For example if you were to choose clock in time as 11 May 0800 am, it doesn't auto update the clock out date to be 11th May. It many cases people only work 8 hour shifts or less than 8 hours, so having to update the clock out date several times especially when employees tend to log their hours at the end of the week can come across as annoying to the users.

• Reviewed on 6/5/2019
Alvaro R.
CTO
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2019

"Best time tracking software out there"

Comments: We use tsheets for clocking in and out of jobs, as well as just timesheet replacements. We rely on the GPS to see where out techs are in the field and to deploy them to jobs that are closest to them. We also use the GPS history to handle disputes of how long a tech was at a location. Tsheets tracks our PTO and we do payroll straight out of it with an ADP sync.

Pros: Love the GPS feature, the mobile app, the ease of management and the great customer support (shout out to Missy!)

Cons: I wish yearly PTO increases happened automatically.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2019
Lindsy H.
Billing Manager
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/6/2020

"BEST timsheet platform"

Comments: Overall, I would highly recommend TSheets to any business, it links with QuickBooks, making payroll quick and easy.

Pros: By far TSheets has the BEST customer service, and that's only one of the great things that come along with being a TSheets user! I love how easy it is to add employees, clock in and out, review time sheets and approve them. Applying vacation, days off and holidays is quick and easy. Being able to see who is working is also nice.

Cons: The only thing I would change, is employees being able to see "hours" worked for other peers, Which I have already been able to voice to the customer service team and they said it was an option they could look into.

• Reviewed on 9/6/2020
Cindy G.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2019

"Product Support"

Comments: In a word - AWESOME

Pros: It integrates with QB easily, the support chat is THE BOMB!, everyone I have ever worked with have been professional and very funny. Today, representative was efficient yet human and got me back up and working in not time. I always feel like I'm working with a really smart friend

Cons: I wished it would give a few more error messages when you are about to do something it won't like. For example, you MUST submit/approve timesheets in order. I have users that try to submit their timesheets once a month and they try to start with the most recent timesheet and work their way backward. If you do that, tsheets will allow that but there is not error that also tells the user that if they submit this timesheet all other timesheets prior to this date will also be locked/submitted. Then they come to me and I have to go through and reject/unlock the timesheets. But this is minor in the grand scheme of things!

• Reviewed on 3/6/2019
Jennifer C.
Coordinator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/6/2019

"Great customer service"

Pros: The software is very, very flexible. But with flexibility comes lots of settings. However, TSheets is not so overly complicated that it is difficult to understand or manage. I also love their customer service - I have spoken to several reps - over the phone and in chat (I chatted with Quinn) - and they have all been overwhelmingly knowledgable. The most important thing is that they listen to my concerns and my complicated questions about set up, and I can clearly tell they all are very knowledgable about how to use their own software. It is so wonderful to talk to a rep who very deeply understands the software that they can answer the most complicated questions. I was so surprised that the chat support was just as equally knowledgable. It is also so great that I'm not chatting/listening to someone who is a script. It's a real person, who really listens, and truly understands your issues and concerns, and is fully able to answer how to combat these concerns in their software because they themselves deeply understand the software. Excellent!

Cons: The software is a little complicated - especially in how clocking in and out requires Service Items or Customers - it seems a little confusing. It would be nice if employees can just clock in and out of a regular job and have that set up.

• Reviewed on 4/6/2019
Lori R.
Management
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/8/2019

"Great for time management"

Comments: This software helps with time management and being able to use real-time for employees to be accountable for their time management.

Pros: Great for payroll purposes and the integration with Quickbooks.

Cons: Trying to get ALL the employees use to using this software.

• Reviewed on 19/8/2019
Robert V.
Business Consultant
  • Reviewed on 7/8/2019

"Nothing beats a track record"

Comments: The online chat is great to resolve problems. One thing that is a bit of an issue is the time differences between the USA and the rest of the world, but we now know that queries will be dealt with in the afternoons being in Africa. I've just had such an instance where rep assisted me with a query I logged early (our) morning which she was able to assist with over the online chat.

Pros: It works on mobiles making it easy to use for employees needing to complete their timesheets. You do not need to do any induction course, you do not need to be a brain surgeon, all the back end stuff just needs to be setup through other software like Xero and you're ready to go!

Cons: We had to figure out our own system in how it actually needs to be populated to achieve meaningful results. After two years we're still tweaking the system, but I guess you will always have this with implementing new systems, albeit IT or manual.

• Reviewed on 7/8/2019
Pam M.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2019

""Geo-fencing" - the solution we have been waiting for has arrived!!!!!"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a great job answering all my many questions to help facilitate my Tsheets to QB Enterprise integration scheduled for tomorrow and went above and beyond to waive the 5 day lag for geo-fencing and has it operational as of today. They will be saving many thousands of dollars in employee theft of time costs and therefore money, as well as being able to complete the weekly payroll in 2 hours in stead of 16 hours!!! Awesome product!!!

Pros: For a company with employees always out and on different jobs and job sites, clocking in and out to the correct job and at the correct actual times they arrived and left job is critical. Geo-fencing now eliminates these errors or oversights and the project managers can see who is or is not where they are supposed to be in real time. Instant notification of when and where an employee is when punching in and out.

Cons: There is nothing to like least, it just always improves.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2019
Elizabeth R.
Management
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"10/29/2019 Support Needed"

Comments: I have always had an amazing experience with Tsheets and the customer service is amazing

Pros: I love how user friendly this software is not only for admins but for the contractors and employees

Cons: There is very few things I do not like with the TSheets app but if I had to choose it be that there is no expense template and I am unable to separate travel hours from work hours.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
John H.
Sr. Business Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/4/2019

"Great Product - Recommended as a service that works as advertised!"

Comments: Very good. Customer service is quick and accurate and the product does its job as advertised. I appreciate that.

Pros: Ours is a small government contracting business. TSheets meets DCAA time accounting requirements. More importantly, it helps to "corral" our many 1099 contractors...and employees. Invoicing time becomes much more streamlined b/c all of the T&M hours are in one report at the end of the month - no more compiling multiple spreadsheets. A time saver becomes a money saver. Secondly, the daily availability of data allows the business to monitor hours throughout the month rather than one time at the end of each month.

Cons: TSheet administration and setup is largely controlled by the person who "owns" the Quick Books account. I use the system the most, but I find myself needing to coordinate with my bookkeeper to accomplish routine matters. This is not a TSheet shortfall, rather something to be aware of; you should plan on some routine coordination unless your bookkeeper also runs invoicing.

• Reviewed on 3/4/2019
Sirbrina M.
Program Director/President
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"TSheets saves lives!"

Comments: Even with the previous issue i mentioned Tsheets saves me a TON of headache and stress with following Labor Laws, Tracking employee times, and running payroll.

Pros: The software is easy to understand and use. I am far from "techy" but I have common sense. TSheets is set up for a common sense user. Where I think an item would be under a tab in Tsheets, it usually is lol. No 3 step process to find items you need. I dont have time to take a class to learn how to use my software, it should be simple to follow with a few quick tutorials. When I do have a question that requires a live agent, they are always helpful and knowledgeable, shout out to BD1 for helping me with adding fields to employee timesheets!!

Cons: The 1 complaint I do have which isnt necessarily TSheets fault, is that when exporting to QBO, on the QBO side of things my employee hours for certain employees dont match. This is because in TSheets I have it set to not start a new day at midnight because some of my employees work from the previous day to the next day and this counts as 1 day. In QBO the default is to roll over time onto the next day. So hours dont match and I have to manual fix them

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019