15 years helping Irish businesses

QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7 (6,776) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Time

Schedule jobs, coordinate teams, track time and track projects, all in one place.

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Pros:

What I like most about this software is it makes all of your clock-in and clock-out times so easy to use and easy to find.

Cons:

Sometimes, my time clock can lag behind a few seconds or miss when I clock in/out due to slowness of the software.

QuickBooks Time ratings

4.6
4.8
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

QuickBooks Time has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 6,776 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Time before?

Filter reviews (6,776)

Rachel Anne
Rachel Anne
HR in United Arab Emirates
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time and Effective HR tool

Pros:

It is an effective HR tool especially when tracking the attendance of staffs

Cons:

Some people are unaware of how life can be easy with using QuickBooks Time

Eranda
Director in Sri Lanka
Capital Markets, 2–10 Employees

Streamlining financial management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Finding it to be a reliable and user friendly accounting software solution.user oftern appreciate its comprehensive features.

Pros:

Comprehensive features it provides a wide range of features for invoicing expense tracking 'payroll management reporting 'and more

Cons:

Despite its user friendly interface mastering all off quickbook' features may require some time and training 'particularly for users who are new to accounting software

Susan
Accounts Receivable and Payable in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

QB Time: Please reconsider

2.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

This is a simple system if you're managing a small group of staff. It is evident that any volume in excess of 50 staff members should not be managed through QB Times.

Cons:

With a higher volume of staff, and managing varying disciplines, there's too many limitations on QB time to manage staff effectively. QB Time needs to streamline the filters and groupings because with all breakdowns, that include additional filter breakdowns, it's easy to get caught in the weeds using this software. This opens up opportunity for billing service hours incorrectly. The addition of the random "unresolved" bugs that come up further justifies why we switched from this software.

Heidi
Office Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Easy, compact, and robust time management system

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: This software contains alot of time tracking tools, job site assignments, etc and is not limited to being an on-site entry only software system, but can be completed by employees across the globe. Functionality is great and varied to suit different purposes as needed.

Pros:

The fixability of use for employees across the world. Having multiple types of payroll options (salary, hourly, contract, etc) Ease of integrating reports into other software platforms.

Cons:

Not able to add or create a more custom tracking capability based on client/job site.

Maria
Veterinary tech and receptionist in US
Veterinary, 51–200 Employees

Quickbooks Time March 2024

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ability to see who else is scheduled and who is currently clocked in.

Cons:

I have yet to find a problem with the program

Kelli
Office Manager in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Ease Of Using Quickbooks

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about Quickbooks Time, it makes payroll, tracking, invoicing, etc go very smoothly which helps make my day go smoothly.

Pros:

Quickbooks is the most easiest program i have ever used. I can see when employees clock in & out, how much vacation time, PTO time, sick days, etc each employee has used or has coming which makes doing payroll even easier. It also helps me to keep track of what jobs employees have finished or not finished & how much time it took them at each job, i can send out customer invoices & keep track of each customer & what they had done with just a few clicks. Its a wonderful, easy to use program.

Cons:

Theres really nothing that i dislike or have cons about with using Quickbooks, it makes payroll, tracking & everything else run smoothly & gives me time to take care of other things in the office.

Cynthia
Community Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great for Users AND Managers

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Have zero complaints. My favorite feature is the ability to go back and enter time based on my Google Timeline activity, as data coverage can be spotty, thus making the clock-in and out feature glitchy. This is not the fault of the developer - it's a data issue.

Pros:

The UI is so intuitive, and mistakes in time tracking can be fixed by the employee up until the entries are approved on payday.

Cons:

It can get glitchy if you dip in and out of good data coverage areas, esp if you use the clock in and clock out feature

Jamieal
owner in Belize
Entertainment, Self Employed

Quick book review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Because of its strong labor management and time tracking features, QuickBooks Time is generally well-liked. Its accurate time tracking features, easy interaction with various accounting and payroll systems like QuickBooks Online, and user-friendly interface are highly valued by users.

Pros:

QuickBooks Time is frequently commended for having an intuitive interface that makes managing calendars, running reports, and keeping track of time for both employees and enterprises simple.

Cons:

Even though QuickBooks Time is acknowledged for having an intuitive UI, novice users may still find the initial setup to be a little challenging, particularly when setting up custom rules, permissions, or connectors.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

It gets the job done

4.0 last month New

Comments: It's a decent product. Not too many frills, but it's reliable.

Pros:

It's a clean program that does what it needs to do relatively well.

Cons:

If you sign into other QB products like WorkForce it will kick you out of QuickBooks Time. When you visit different areas, they stay open and stack up.

Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Time - Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like how easy it tracks hours worked by employees or or projects. Easy integration in to programmes i already use

Cons:

Sometimes software updates can make things worse.

Shelly
Vice President in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Set Up Made Easy

Comments: Tsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.

Pros:

The best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.

Cons:

There is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.

Tad
Office Manager/Estimator in US

Solid Platform Excellent Customer Service

Comments: TSheets has been a excellent tool that has provided us with metrics that are invaluable. The customer service has always been very responsive and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Ease of use. Ability to track jobs, tasks and employee location and hours. We are able to run several useful reports on jobs or employees. For any given day you can find out where your employee is as well as what he was doing specifically. The employee can also add notes to their time card.

Cons:

There really aren't many cons. If Tsheets offered a foreman's daily report function , that would be great.

Stuart
Finance Director in UK
Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Comments: Only having one add on to QBO to do Time, Mileage and Expenses tracking/submission would be great. Flexibility and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Pros:

Syncing employees and vendors who are subcontractors with QuickBooks Online.

Cons:

Expenses and Mileage tracking using GPS would be great (you're part way there with the GPS for employees). So what I like least is not having these fully developed. Note your link to Expensify Integration "Learn more" in the add on section refers to this page: http://help.tsheets.com/knowledgebase/articles/890430 that does not load so I have no idea how it works. Can you please advise how this works.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

works for employees but not for contractors

Comments: BAD! RUN! HIDE! Find some other software that works with QB Time. You'll save yourself alot of time dealing with glitches and customer service teams that can't help you. Not all of them are bad - 1 in 8 are probably really good. I just spent SO MUCH TIME and even wrote to all the executives, and none of them were able to help me - they just assigned someone that said she'd call back today, then it turned into tomorrow, then it was ghosting. Never heard from her again.

Pros:

works for employee payments, they will pay the taxes if you input the tax id numbers for each state

Cons:

doesn't work for contractors - i spent an entire month, 4 hours per day, dealing with problems with contractors. i finally started researching it myself (we purchased the most elite payroll and qbo advanced so we could get the best customer service) and it turns out it was a known issue since 2019. it's 2024 now. if they weren't going to fix it, they need to stop selling it. we spent so much time trying to get it to work, looking like idiots to our contractors, and wasting precious time we could have been using building the business. the system needs to work or go home. don't sell something that's broken.

Package/Freight Delivery, 11–50 Employees

definitely not Simple and accurate as advertised

Comments: I really took a leap of faith on this product because of what my businesses associates warned me about. I think that quickbooks Time is just not for certain businesses. Especially for smaller businesses with budget conscious projects that have to check time management to ensure I don't go over the payroll allotment for specific projects.

Pros:

I was really excited about all of the features this product had to offer. I mean so MANY features but I was very intrigued by the possibility of me being able to utilize this as my one stop shop for scheduling/time tracking/PTO, sick leave management/project time. This seemed like a way I could closely monitor productivity to better stay in budget for projects. I was very thankful for the incredible customer service QuickBooks provided, I was able to come to the realization that this product probably was the best for the company with their truthful, honest assistance.

Cons:

I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least. There also were quite a bit of times that I had problems with scheduling and features that work in real time. I know QuickBooks Time is advertised as being "simple and accurate" but it was far from that.

kim
CEO in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Time

Comments: Overall experience is positive and we have no plans to leave Time or any of the QuickBooks products that we use.

Pros:

We adopted it in April 2023 and there was a learning curve but once we got over the curve, it has worked well and is more efficient than GetHarvest which is what we were using. The ease of putting in time is a plus, it is pretty intuitive to use and the integration with QuickBooks Payroll is great.

Cons:

Adopting the program is challenging as although it is a Quickbooks product, it is very clear that the customer service reps when you call Time don't know much at all about QuickBooks and the QuickBooks team doesn't know Time. One of our primary reasons for adopting Time was the ability to export the Time directly into QuickBooks for easier invoicing but it was and continues to be challenging to troubleshoot issues as they are not appropriately cross trained.

Alex
Operations Manager in US

Formerly T-Sheets, Now Crashing and Burning

Comments: It is our Number 1 company priority right now to identify and fully migrate onto a different, fully-functioning time tracking app that offers customer support.

Pros:

When we started the Time app it was privately owned TSheets. We used it for several years without a problem of any sort, specifically benefitting from the geofencing and seamless integration into Quickbooks Desktop. Scheduling employees and giving them total control of their own time clock while maintaining good oversight was a major positive, and the user interface was very intuitive in an industry where people are notoriously not computer savvy. TSheets had it all.

Cons:

We are in the process of migrating off of Quickbooks Time. After striving for 9 months to fix all of the holes in the app we've realized that glitches and problems are occurring at a quicker pace than we are able to solve them. AUTHENTICATION NIGHTMARES Several Months ago Intuit took over the user login tool without any notice, causing approximately 50% of our 42 employees to be suddenly locked out of their time app. We learned about it at 6am when simultaneously 20 employees contacted management with Time app problems. After a couple of weeks of intensive daily support (and no help from the Time support center) we managed to put MOST of the login issues to bed, but to this day we still have accounts logging out of their mobile app automatically every day. POOR SUPPORT If you're having a technical issue, or God forbid a syncing issue with Quickbooks, grab a beer and kick back because you'll be on the phone for a couple of hours, and likely re-routed to (I kid you not) 7-8 different departments before finally having your call dropped. And no, you may give them a call-back number but they will not call you back when your call is dropped. CLOCKS EMPLOYEES OUT ON ITS OWN/DELETES TIME LOGS Quickbooks Time automatically clocks our employees out, deletes time logs, and at the end of a shift when they go to clock out, shows that they never clocked in for the day. Several employees have reported "I went to clock out and all it shows I clocked in for the day was my lunch break."

Jaydra
President, Investigator in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Was great until Intuit bought it

Comments: QuickBooks time is complete trash. Intuit took a marvelous product (t-sheets) and destroyed it by trying and failing to integrate it into other programs it didn't need to integrate with. Maybe it's better if you begin using QB Time fresh and you didn't have to survive the transition from t-sheets. I wouldn't know and it shouldn't have made such a difference. Utter failure, Intuit. Utter failure.

Pros:

I used to LOVE t-sheets because it was amazing. When it was t-sheets it was simple and did exactly what it needed to do: let you track time for one person or a team to specific projects. It had a wonderful reports feature that let you run reports by client or project or employee for multiple types of time frames. It was glorious. WAS being the operative word. Then Intuit bought it and did what they always do: tried to make it integrate with all their other products. Unfortunately, integrations are the thing Intuit is worst at as a company - and also the thing they just keep trying to do all over the place. Once it was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable so I had to switch.

Cons:

The integrations do not work. Once t-sheets was fully morphed into QB Time and was "integrated" with all the other Intuit products, it stopped working properly. It tried to merge un-related data from QuickBooks and over-wrote project details and time tracked to those projects. It became unusable, so I had to switch. Very disappointing.

geoeges
administrateur in Côte d’Ivoire
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Great software

Comments: I was looking for a billing software that was easy to use and easily accessible while I was on the go. Thanks to Quickbook, I can now do it all from my cell phone. Cheap and affordable, I recommend it to anyone who uses Excel

Pros:

Time Management: QuickBooks Time helps companies track employee hours, making payroll and scheduling easier to manage.Integration with QuickBooks: QuickBooks Time is integrated with QuickBooks, allowing for more efficient accounting and payroll management.Mobile Access: Employees can record their work hours from anywhere via a mobile application, improving flexibility and productivity.Reporting and Analysis: QuickBooks Time provides detailed reports on employee hours and costs, helping businesses make informed decisions about costs and resources.Security: QuickBooks Time uses robust security protocols to protect user data, ensuring the privacy of sensitive information.Ease of use: The platform is intuitive and easy to use, allowing employees to quickly become familiar with its features.Customer support: QuickBooks Time offers dedicated customer support to help users get the most out of the platform.In conclusion, QuickBooks Time is a powerful tool for companies looking to improve time and payroll management. It offers a multitude of benefits to help companies streamline their management and improve productivity.

Cons:

Cost: QuickBooks Time can be expensive for small businesses or freelancers, especially if they need additional functionality.Complexity: The platform can be complex for users unfamiliar with time management software, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited integrations: QuickBooks Time may not offer all the necessary integrations with other software and systems used by an organization, which can limit its use.Reliability issues: There may be reliability issues with the platform, which can lead to errors and delays in time management.Difficulty to use: QuickBooks Time can be difficult to use for people unfamiliar with time management technologies, which can lead to errors and delays.Limited customer support: The platform may not offer dedicated customer support, which can make it difficult to resolve issues.

Cindy
Cindy
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

What a Time Saver!

Comments: It saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.

Pros:

This app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!

Cons:

So far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.

Analyst in US
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Time Review CO

Comments: My overall experience with this product will be a good one I would give 4 out of 5 stars

Pros:

The features of Quickbooks Time I like the most were the tracking of time of all the employees, it measured the time of each employee and recorded it, it tracked it down to the second not bypassing any step, it also reported each time stamp. Improve on finance with the force of mechanized time following straightforwardly inside QuickBooks On the web. With QuickBooks Time, you get sufficiently close to strong versatile applications, booking programming, GPS following, extra time checking, adaptable alarms, and constant reports, and that's just the beginning! Representative booking makes it quicker and more straightforward than at any other time to keep your labor force moving along as expected, while QuickBooks Time booth is ideally suited for bosses needing a focal clock-in-and-out arrangement. The best part is that it's QuickBooks Time, so time following and booking work are connected at the hip. QuickBooks Time offers FREE, limitless, grant-winning help by telephone or online visit.

Cons:

I will say it is hard to find something that I don't like about Quickbooks Time, but it has a very long sign-in process which I understand why, for the users of the system it should be a bit more streamlined. The Time Booth feature should have different levels for users and key personnel that could be set up by the administrator.

Stacia
Office Manager/HR/Finance in US

Tracking Time & Projects with TSheets

Comments: We just completed our first round of invoicing since using TSheets company wide and find that the project break down reporting have made the switch from another time clocking app to TSheets completely worth the transition. We look forward to further customizing and using TSheets for our company that best suit our needs.

Pros:

So far we really like the project reporting and are looking forward to start using TSheets to help automatic invoicing in Quickbooks. I am in the office use the time clocking features from my computer and find it very easy to use. Of course bugs come with any new program you use whether on your end or the developers. The great thing about TSheets is the customer support - I have yet to have a bad experience and have made multiple phone calls or chat discussions.

Cons:

So far the one glitch we wish was easier is adding Breaks. It would be super helpful to be able to add or edit your break time from the time sheet editor box. Customer support has acknowledged this and say they also run into this issue.

Connie
Manager in Canada
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Support and Service

Comments: I was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.

Pros:

Anytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care! The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.

Cons:

Only thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.

Tom
IT in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Price Increase???

Comments: In the beginning it was good. It did what we needed and the service was great. Then they got rid of their great service staff and increased their prices by double and it got more glitchy over time, not better. Too bad. lots of potential here. And for such a big company like Intuit to purchase TSheets and then cut back on quality and service and increase prices seems like an indication of their business practices. shame :(

Pros:

At the beginning we had an account manager who was super helpful and did everything she could to get the software to how we needed it. We like how it works with QB and it has the functions we needed.

Cons:

It would randomly clock employees out for no reason. When an employee would clock out, sometimes it would keep them clocked in. We had an amazing account manager, then with no heads up, i emailed her one day and got a returned email. I called them and they told me she no longer works for the company. I asked who my new account manager was and they said they no longer provide one and that i have to go through their chat system. It made troubleshooting and customizing impossible. We got an email the other day stating that they are increasing their prices by double. We were paying a $20 base fee and $5 per user. Now its going to be $30 base fee and $10 per user. WTH! Its barley worth the $5 per user. You also have to pay extra for a lot of the add ons. This is why we're leaving this system. It feels like once they have you hooked, they keep adding costs. That or they are going to dissolve TSheets and integrate something into QB then charge a premium. That sounds more like something they'd do.

Dana
Vice President/CFO in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!

Comments: Overall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!

Pros:

This software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).

Cons:

Reports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....